SunSmart Sunshine Coast

DETAILS
92% 0%
4.8

Based on 76 ratings

Our company, our values and our commitment to you

At SunSmart SC, we pride ourselves on doing one thing and doing it well. We are solely dedicated to providing innovative solar systems and energy-saving products for your home that sell themselves on their sheer performance and value – no sales pitch required. The most important thing to us is bringing you real value and benefits, which is why we only stock the best solar systems that are proven to outperform the competition.

We believe that by providing in-depth, unbiased information on the solar technology behind renewable energy products, you will be able to make the most educated decision based on your own individual wants and needs.

We have a strong background in the sustainability and renewable energy industries and have always focused on customer satisfaction and quality products. As a family business, one of the things we hold dear is our ability to provide personal service before, during and after purchase.

We will gladly travel throughout the greater Sunshine Coast and country regions to consult with you

Reviewers report paying: $4,950 - $6,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

SunSmart Sunshine Coast Reviews (76)

Excellent service and follow up too

Everything went smoothly, on time, installers polite and tidied up before they left

Genuine friendly helpful throughout the process

Very impressed with the team who prevailed over the weather conditions to install the system and have it working on time. This installation required the removal of an old tired system first, the necessary clean up, and fresh install in between rain showers. Friendly and knowledgeable team very helpful and informative on any questions with full explanation of the monitoring software. System working as it should, follow up by office team to check and second visit to install an extra item in the switchboard all under the original quote.

on site visit to clarify and tweak the quote.
follow up from the office appreciated as well

Most professional company

Sun smart is one of the most professional companies we have ever dealt with and their products are of the highest quality.
The sales team were amazing especially Josh. His professionalism goes beyond and his knowledge is amazing.
We were lucky enough to have Josh and Zeb install our solar on a Saturday when we were home.
Nothing was too hard, they even concealed wiring behind architectural metal cladding with in the walls.
Their workmanship and work ethic is amazing. A true gauge of the Sun Smart team.
It was great to get a call from Matt the owner of Sun Smart on the Saturday just to check everything had gone smoothly.
I would highly recommend Sun Smart SC solar to supply and install your next solar system and enjoy the saving of a very valuable asset for years to come.

Shayne and Leanne

An incentive was offered by SunSmart Sunshine Coast for this review. Learn more here.

Very happy with SunSmart

We would highly recommend Sunsmart.
They were very professional & we were happy with it all.

Professional and Informative

From Start to finish was professional and informative.
Installation men punctual, polite, tidy and took the time to explain everything once installation was complete.
Exceptional customer service . Grid connection was all organised by installer, I did not have to do a thing.
I could not have asked for anything more.

A huge thank you!

Great installation!

We were extremely impressed with sales process. Evaluation of our requirements and the site was very thorough.
The installation was professional and customer service is great.
Completely recommend this company for solar.

Great Service

Professional and quality installation
Very knowledgeable in the industry and gave practical and logical advice from the beginning.

Sunsmart SC Solar Install

We recently had a 13.2Kw solar system installed from Sunsmart SC. Josh quoted the system and was able to answer all our questions. He explained the process so we fully understood. We needed them to work in with getting our roof painted so Callum and Lachlan from the install crew came out and pre-installed all the roof tile brackets beforehand. After the roof was painted the install crew came back and the system was installed in a matter of hours. They helped get the app for the solar system up and running on my phone and were courteous and professional throughout the whole time. We had a great experience with the team from Sunsmart SC and would have no problem recommending them to anyone considering getting a solar system installed.

5 star solar!

Fast neat install as quoted and on time. Excellent ongoing customer service couldn't be happier.

Fantastic installer

The entire team from Sunsmart Sunshine Coast were great.
Boys did an amazing job installing unit and Matthew has been a huge help with an issue that we had with our energy supplier

Overall could not rate them highly enough.............would recommend them totally

Very Good Team

Very professional, patient and clean. We received various quotes before deciding to go with SunSmart - their professionalism was great but what stood out pre-purchase is the way the team was not pushy for a sale.
Installation was quick and looked just as we discussed with Josh. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the installers as well as the way they checked with us to make sure we were happy with the layout. They even did a better job that what we had in mind.
We would definitely recommend SunSmart to our friends!

Well organised and responsive

SunSmart were great to work with from the initial contact to after sales service. They revised the panel layout several times to help find the most effective use of roof space. Their price was competitive against others who quoted for similar quality and sized systems. Installation was on time, professional and hassle free. They were responsive to my request for assistance after installation when the smart meter comms link went down. Will gladly recommend them to others looking for rooftop solar installations.

Thank you kindly for the 5 star review John, it's much appreciated by all the team at SunSmart Sunshine Coast

Great installation very professional

This was an upgrade to an existing system. We selected SunSmart SC from the three quotes supplied by SolarQuotes. They responded promptly, and inspected our site within several days, before sending a very comprehensive proposal. The installation was very professional. Installers were on time, friendly and polite, components were installed neatly, and the site was cleaned on completion. Explanation and connection using the iSolar App was explained and worked immediately. All Energex liaison was handled by SunSmart.
Pre and Post sales customer service was great.

Thanks Geoff, we appreciate your honest review of the overall service you received from SunSmart SC.

Great experience

Other installers that came to quote on the job, put it in the “too hard” basket. SunSmart on the other hand looked for innovative solutions and were thoroughly professional throughout the process from initial survey and quote through to installation. Communication was handled extremely well and the team delivered everything as promised. An excellent experience all round.

Thank you Steve for sharing your experience using SunSmart Sunshine Coast =)

Excellent service

We initially interviewed 3 companies to provide solar for us,Sunsmart stood out well ahead of the rest as they were professional,informative,well priced and seemed to have a level of integrity the other companies obviously lacked.They were puntual,professional and exceeded all expectations especially when a major problem was discovered by them relating to a metering/ supply problem that our builder had left us with.Overall we ended up with a great system thats working well.As a fire engineer/ inspector of 38 years i've seen a bit and would recommend this company anytime..

9kw system

The best on the coast
We have used them twice once on our old house and again on the new house
They use there own installers unlike other companies
Highly recommended these guys

Fantastic service

We just had solar and battery installed by sunsmart and are very happy. We got 6 total quotes and sunsmart were one of only two who had an installer (Zeb) do a house visit as part of the process. The quote itself was very well priced. Excellent communication and didn't mind when I changed to a different inverter after signing the quote. My roof needed to be restored, and sunsmart arranged to remove my old panels and install the brackets prior to my roofer coming to repair/ repaint, and then finished the installation after my roof was painted. This allowed my roofer to do his job without any panels in the way.

The install itself is very professional and neat, my system is working perfectly and a minor problem post install was fixed the same day that I raised the issue. Thanks again to Zeb, Matt and the rest of the team

Very good business

From the first phone I felt very comfortable. They run very good operation. Installers were tidy, punctual, polite, friendly, informative and professional.
I feel they have done a great job. Everything is working the way I expected.
Installer will organise the grid connection.
I personally highly recommend Sun Smart business.

Great experience

Very easy to deal with and great install. Would recommend to anyone.

Very professional, tidy, punctual and friendly installer/s, very quick service with quality and value for money. Customer Service Sales and Quoting process fabulous, thanks Matt.

They did everything for us, including AGL connection and Government Rebate forms. Amazing to deal with, so friendly, and knowledgeable, ensuring the best price for the best product.

Quality service and workmanship and technical support

From the start to the finish was a quality experience nothing was a issue for them from answering any technical questions or suppling various quotes on different sized systems and even when I had to change the installation dates Matt and Josh were more than happy to adjust there busy schedule .

They organised everything with the the power supplier and grid connection was seemless .

The installation crew arrived on time and removed a old system and installed a 19.3 Kw solar and a 15 Kw battery
without any issues the workmanship was top quality all the connections were neatly finished and lined making it nice and tidy

Solar

Sales and quote process all good, install seems good. Some panels needed to be tilted which is no big thing but should have been picked up in the site inspection. It’s early days so can’t comment on quality etc. install guys very polite and friendly and helpful and punctual. Haven’t got up on the roof yet but all looks very tidy. It’s early days but overall very happy with how it all went

Thank you Christian for taking the time to leave us a review

A pleasant experience for an elderly person

All the staff were helpful and friendly. It was all new to me so I had to trust the company

Thank you Dee for putting your trust in SunSmart Sunshine Coast

Professional Company

From the quote & design stage to instillation and service the company is very professional. They use their own installers, and the majority of staff are electricians with a lot of experience. I generally use trades people that I know but did not know any solar companies. When I asked around, I heard some horror stories, I was fortunate to get SolarQuotes recommended from an experienced ProJet Manager and from there SolarQuotes put me in contact with SunSmart. I will be extending the system at some point when electric cars are more advanced and SunSmart will be my first phone call.

Great to hear that we may have a return customer in the future Troy, thank you for leaving us a review =)

Great company, easy to deal with and value for money.

Sales/quoting process was terrific. There were no pushy sales pitches, just helpful and practical information to go with the good value quote on a quality system.

Installation went well on our two storey, tile roof house. One change was required to the solar panel layout but it was communicated straight away and sorted easily.

Pre, during and post installation customer service was great. No hassles, no issues, just great service.

Thank you Brendan for leaving such a detailed review =)

A very smooth and happy installation

A very professional and friendly team made sure everything went smoothly from quote to installation and beyond. At all times staff ensured I was up to speed with what was happening, and all was understood about the system and operating it. Great communication about the installation day, no fuss, no mess. I even had an out of hours follow-up call to check. Couldn't be happier.

Great Company

I found this company to be very professional, helpful and always available to promptly respond to my queries and phone calls. There quote was reasonable and delivered in a promptly manner. When it came to the installation they arrived on time, kept me informed in respect to any unforeseen variations to what was planned and completed the installation in less time than I envisaged leaving the site with nothing to clean up after them. They are a great company to deal with.

Amazing installation

From initial enquire we found the sales team refreshing honest knowledge and not pushy.
Quote was delivered in a timely manner by email followed by a phone call checking to make sure we received it.
From signing the contact to delivering the job everything went extremely smoothly, we were kept in loop the whole way.
Quality of the install is very good, all rubbish and off cuts were taken away.
Received a call from the installation team letting me they completed the work

Seamless, professional service

Great service from quotation stage onwards - we were given 3 options to choose from which made it easier to make an informed decision.
The installation team were punctual, tidy, friendly and very professional.
Matt, the Project Manager was fantastic - answering all the questions and keeping us informed along the way and looking after all the liaison with suppliers during the process.
Highly recommended.

Processional and helpful

Sunsmart shinecoast were extremely helpful answered all our questions.
Everything done on a timely manner and professionally.
Installers polite and such neat work.
We had a problem with the switchboard after our electricity supplier put the smart meter in. We rang Matt on his mobile and he fixed the issue over the phone. Even though the problem had nothing to do with sunsmart.
Amazing service.

EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE

Just had SunSmart come and install 9 panels and inverter. Staff were very good and took the time to not only understand what I wanted but checked the roof out to see if it could be accomplished. Company was very professional along with the installers who came up with a better solution to meet my needs. VERY happy with the outcome.

Very Professional

The quoting was an easy process although we did have to sort our own finance for the solar system, was not sure if thats how it usually done, but was still relevantly painless process.
The installation team was professional and tidy, and polite.
Customer service has been good and the team have been very helpful for our setup, which we are still in the process of, but thus far been polite and helpful.

Great allround experience

SunSmart was the first responder of the three quotes process with a telephone call on the weekend and a quotation shortly afterwards. We had already done a lot of homework, but the amount of additional knowledge that was provided to us by SunSmart helped us make the decision about the best additional solar and battery installation for our situation. Only SunSmart warned us about the GSD (Generation Signalling Device).
Throughout, the electronic process used by SunSmart kept us fully informed each step of the way.
We were not asked to pay a deposit until the equipment was in stock and an install date agreed.
The installation team arrived on time and were courteous, well turned-out, professional and went above and beyond by finding a fault in our house wiring leaving us safer when they left then when they arrived!
We had follow-up calls responding to our enquiries about how the new system works and SunSmart were only too happy to explain and really helped us understand the system and the fantastic Fronius app.
We couldn't be happier with our new system.

Easy and helpful all the way through

In hospital for a long time and the process was very pleasant and easy

Highly recommend!

Amazing service from the quoting process all the way through to the installation. All team members were very knowledgeable, the price was great and the system and installation is high quality. Highly recommend!

Thank you for leaving your recommendation Gregg, it's much appreciated

Very Professional and Reliable

Sales and quoting processes were easy to follow and reliable.
The two installers were punctual, efficient and friendly.
Customer service was excellent, leaving me feeling confident that everything was taken care of properly.

Thanks Rodney for leaving a review, its great to hear that our team left you with peace of mind.

Poorly performing system

Customer service was overall very poor. I found the point of contact very pushy and abrupt to deal with. The system only makes about 10kwh energy daily but originally was predicted to make at least 40kwh daily for this time of year. They changed the panel layout without consent also and have been trying to get me to sign an updated panel layout post install.

Very competitive on price, but with 5 star service all the way from sales to installers

Polite tidy Punctual and they did all the Energex stuff

Solar installation done good

Excellent customer service and installation. Had them do two properties now. Would recommend.

Thank you Giles for taking the time to share your experience using SunSmart Sunshine Coast for your Solar Project.

Great installation

The sales were easy to deal with. The installation was fast and efficient. The customer service was great.
Happy customer would recommend SunSmart

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Bernd. The experience definitely shows in the Installs that our crew does =)

Original Review on 12-07-2022:

In depth knowledge and advice. Great service.

Matt is next level knowledgeable and helpful and runs a great business. The lads doing the install were very polite and cleaned up after themselves. As far as advice and service and expertise go I highly recommend Sunsmart Solar. Original ratings

Thanks Chris for taking the time to tell everyone of your experience with SunSmart SC

10 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, working great! I'm pleased I got extra panels on the other side of the roof so I've got good solar generation from dawn to dusk

Really Happy With The Service

SunSmart did a fantastic job. They took the time to explain in detail what the system is, how it works and how I could get the best out of my system.

They quick to get in touch, the online quote was great and the minor adjustments that needed to be done were explained and why it had to be done.

They worked in the rain and got the system up and running in a day. They cleaned up all their mess and generally did a fantastic job.

They weren't pushy with the sales pitch like previous experiences have been and didnt try to BS on what they had to offer.

That is such a greatly detailed review Matthew, thank you for sharing your experience, on behalf of all the team here at SunSmart Sunshine Coast. =)

Review

We were very pleased witth the service offered - friendly, polite, prompt and helpful.
Our questions were answerd clearly.
Our system was only installed last monty so time will tell regarding quality and value for money - so far all is working well and we are looking forward to our next electricity bill.

It's great to hear that you were left satisfied with the Installation Process. Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.

Bribie Island Solar Installations.

Great service from start to finish.
Sales were very helpful & the guys that completed the installation were first class.

Thank you Nancy for sharing your experience using our team for your Solar Installation

All too easy

Being that we are interstate, the team made it very easy and seamless to have the install completed. Very fair pricing and superior customer service. Will definitely engage again!

Hi Michael, We are glad you would choose to use our services again, thank you for leaving a review =)

Highly recommend solar installer

The entire process from original quote to installation was seamless and Sunsmart come highly recommended for your solar installation needs. All staff were professional, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Prices were highly competitive and everything was clearly explained.

Hi Gail, when it comes to Customer Service our team always give 100%, we are glad you noticed this as well =). Thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Great team, reliable service

SunSmart Sunshine Coast are easy to deal with, the installation was fast and efficient done with minimal interruption to the tenants in the house. The follow up support was quite helpful setting up metering and consumption app. I will be a return customer.

Hi David, thank you for sharing your experience with SunSmart Sunshine Coast. It's great to hear that you appreciate the fast and efficient installation along with the after sales support.
The solar company attempted to get this review removed. Learn more

Five star review

Sunsmart were one of 3 quotes I had, not only the better priced , but the quality of the panels and inverter were not comprised, even if they were the most expensive I would have still bought from them due to the no pressure sales , and informative experienced electrician that came and site surveyed and answer the 1000 questions I fired at him, they came out to site survey within a few days of contacting them and supplied a quote quickly and fitted the system within 2 weeks of accepting there quote. The 2 electricians that came out were well presented , well mannered and polite, they cleared away any rubbish before they left and did a great job of fitting. The same day I received a hand over call from the manager who also was very informative and polite and gave me 30mins of his time answering more questions and giving good advice. The whole process was a good experience and I have a lot of confidence in sunsmart and there equipment they supplied to me. Thanks guys.

Problem free Installation

Prompt professional Installation of our system from initial quote to final clean up. Would recommend

Ticks all the boxes

Everything went well. Sorted out placement then once contracted ended up with installation earlier than expected. Yield to date seems great.. very pleased with the results to date