Tindo Solar

Tindo Solar Reviews

Tindo Solar are the *only* Australian solar panel manufacturer. They are based out of Adelaide (Mawson Lakes) but have an installer network that covers the whole of Australia. Their "Karra" solar panel comes as a DC panel or an AC Solar Panel with an integrated Enphase micro inverter.

Reviewers report paying: $7,650 - $9,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Tindo Solar Reviews (146)

4.2/5

4.3/5

I went with Tindo, due to the Aussie build of the panels. I am extremely pleased with the customer service I have received from every person from Tindo so far, from Jamsie, who organised the quote (even with my chop and changing :), to the service I received from Casey post install. The install went smoothly, and the battery and solar are working perfectly for our usage and needs. The electricians that installed everything did an extremely neat job, and were friendly and keen to answer any questions I had. We even ran into an issue with how the electricity was originally installed at our property, which caused some complications and stress, and Tindo took full ownership and continued to support us until we were good to go. Overall a very professional and supportive operation. Well done Tindo.

Professional

Sale quoting process good
Installation Very good
Customer service good

Excellent installers

Installation on time as booked. Excellent crew. Can't say yet how the Tindo panels will go as not yet connected to the network. Went with them as a SA company, & hoping they are top end quality. Expensive, so will see. We have added more solar to ensure our family is energy neutral or even better, positive. With trees planted on my property, I've taken care of the energy usage of at least 4 families.

Tindo solar-great SA solar company

I contacted Tindo Solar for a quote. Their representative was helpful and prompt in getting details on the install. They organised everything. The installer turned up when they said they would and went about the installation that was completed same day with no issues. The system works well and generates plenty of power. They're certainly not the cheapest out there but they're SA made and I'm happy to pay a bit extra for that, rather than deal with overseas call centres and unknown installers.

Great sales rep, fantastic installation & local company

Everything was smooth and without issue. The system was installed and running in one day. Sales rep didn't try to oversell us as some others did and listened to what we wanted whilst giving advice.

Knowlegable Customer Rep. and Installer

We had a wonderful experience with Tindo Solar from start to finish. Our sales/Customer Service Rep Jamie was extremely knowledgeable and explained everything to us in a way we understood everything. Jamie has a personalized and genuine level of customer experience and we truly appreciated his time and effort. We are extremely happy with the system, not only our Panels Australian Made right here is SA, they are delivering on our expectations. We received our first bill after our new system was installed a few months back and we have a HUGE credit on our bill which we have never experienced before. We use to receive $1200 a quarter bills so to be in credit now is an unbelievable feeling and a true investment. Ivan who installed our system was so helpful, knowledgeable and professional. We highly recommend having a Tindo Solar system installed, you wont look back! Grateful to the whole team at Tindo. Thank you!

Excellent Local Manufacturer of Great Product

The product was well explained by the company salesman. Its pricing was reasonable and the quality is excellent. The installation was done professionally and its performance since has been as promised. I highly recommend this company and product, especially as locally manufactured in Adelaide.

Happy Customer

I found the sales and quoting process upfront and ran very smoothly.
The installation ran smoothly. Everyone of the installers were polite, tidy and punctual.
Customer service was excellent and very helpful through the whole process.

Original Review on 22-01-2020:

Prompt and efficient service! I liked the idea of supporting a local manufacturer and the micro inverter system made a lot of sense. so far so good!

Customer service was excellent and the change of meter/grid connection went to plan Original ratings

8 months later we asked Avi: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The Tindo System exceeded expectations as it consistently generating power in excess of predictions. The next step will be to evaluate battery options...

Fantastic fast and efficient

Everything went smoothly the installation was fast and all my enquiries have been answered.

Great product, seamless installation

Sales process was very informative and helpful
Quick and professional installation. Installer was very helpful knowledgeable and friendly.
Grid connection switched on at installation and works well.

Quality

I found Tindo helpful and professional from beginning to the end. Everything was handled on-time and without fuss.

Tindo Solar System with battery

The quoting process was fabulous. Salesperson proposed and explained the system in detail. Was absolutely pleased with the proposed system though not cheap. Wished the Solaredge inverter proposed and installed was a HD series one instead of the older SE series. Installation went well but they left a cut wire sticking out on the roof and caused a leak when rain came. Called customer service about it and problem was quickly attended to, though there is a water mark on the roof.

Happy system is live now, and generating energy and saving me money. Customer service is OK (great if issue is urgent, like the roof leakage) but can be better, in particular, addressing questions that were put to them. Frustrated of not answering my questions, I decided to Google for answers and found them. Hopefully, service will be better in the future.

Original Review on 19-10-2019:

Great local installer,for S.A. The whose company based close to home was very handy!

Happy with the whole process overall. Good explanation on the system & how it all operates for my particular home. All shown to me on computer,( which I wouldn't otherwise understand! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Trudi: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far the system has performed better than I expected! I have been in credit since I got the panels. I'm glad I took advice from Finn's booklet as I was very cautious having heard stories of some not making much difference. No regrets here.

Top quality installation from the quote to completion of the installation

System quote and installation was done very quickly - 18 days from quote to job completion. Everyone we dealt with from
Tindo were professional and helpful from the very knowlegeable sales person through to the admin staff. We also received regular updates during the 18 day wait period.The installation crew were punctual, courteous and efficient, and also left their work area clean and tidy. Because we already had a smart meter the system was connected to the grid at the time of installation. The information we received regarding how well we could expect the system to work on cloudy days was correct - in fact it works even better than expected.

Original Review on 17-09-2019:

Great job done by a great company

Very friendly, clear and easy to get your head around what we where purchasing.
Clean, tidy, very polite.

Grid connection was done on the day of install. All sorted out by Tindo. Constantly kept in the loop.

8 months later we asked Craig : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has worked very well. So far we have not had a negative bill, so a well designed 3kw system . The user interface is very well designed and user friendly, would not hesitate to recommend tindo ,it may be a bit dearer but all the panels are made here in adelaide so keeping jobs local.

Top system for a difficult situation

Due to issues with shading I went for a top quality system that would degrade as little as possible over time. Tindo were honest with their data from the Desert Knowledge Centre so although I paid a bit more I'm satisfied that I will have a reliable system for many years to come.

From start to finish the experience was great. I went with tindo as there the only panels made in Australia for Australian conditions. A bit more expensive but we'll worth the money.

Installation was a breeze the guys, very friendly and were on time and didn't leave any rubbish laying around. Matthew the sales person I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful. All in all its a 20 out of 10 for Tindo solar a very peasant experience.

Local product, excellent service and three weeks from quote to installarion

Quote was done at home well within a week of first contact, information was immediate and recommendations have proven to be precisely as stated.
Installer came prior to the scheduled date to ensure existing wiring was appropriate to the system.The installation was completed as scheduled and the site was clean and tidy when the job was complete.
Following installation I had to wait three weeks for the energy retailer to install a smart meter (I had been told of this at the time of quote) and following this found that the solar monitoring software was showing error messages. Tindo arranged rectification within 2 working days and made follow up calls to ensure that the system was reporting correctly

Installers were excellent, there was a hiccup with the billing process which almost made us cancel

Installation excellent, customer service from Tondo not real good. After a hiccup with the pricing,due to computer hitch,no after sales backup or is all ok now?

Tindo solar for my house.

My system was installed within 3 weeks, including the monitoring app.

researching Tindo and others

Tindo quoting process very helpful. Information about the product was comprehensive. Can see on-line how they are made or visit the factory. No problems with installation. Attended when they said they would. Everything went smoothly. They requested full payment before it was up and running which I didn't agree with so I told them I was holding a small % back till it was up and running and they were okay with that. Excellent easy to understand Solar Analytics who are also very helpful if you have questions. Researching Solar Quotes was extremely helpful in the lead up to my decision making.

Quality is worth the additional investment

As a retired Engineer I undertook a lot of investigative reading before hand to ensure that I could ask the correct questions and assess the value of the PV panels on offer. I had decided that my selection would be based upon monocrystalline PV cells with Micro Inverters that would permit future expansion of the system and the latter inclusion of storage batteries when they became more cost effective and would permit auto change over to storage should mains supply fail. I then reviewed the quality of panels and roof supporting attachments as a unique system with regards to structural strength, longevity of components, warranty and service levels. From this I identified a limited number of preferred suppliers and used the opportunity to then observe systems being installed so I could directly compare quality and installation of systems. My final selection reduced to two possibilities who were very close but once I adjusted for supporting local / Australian manufacture Tindo was selected. The installation was of the highest quality and they even had the patience to put up with me hovering around them asking questions and closely observing what they were doing, even the wife was impressed with their professionalism and work ethic. The system has now been working for some 6 months with an excellent online monitoring from MyEnlighten the Enphase micro inverter manufacture. Each panel is identified for output and download into a spreadsheet. A clear day produces 82% overall efficiency which the expected result. I am very pleased with the total process which will pay for itself within the next 3 years.

Original Review on 13-12-2018:

8 months later we asked George: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has been working great. No hiccups with panels or inverter.

Great Polite and Tidy Installer

During the Quote process everything was explained clearly. Taken a tour through the factory where the panels are made and assembled very informative tour. This took place before signing contract. A few extras which I knew nothing about were explained and I agreed to adding to quote. Price is higher than those seen on TV but I'm glad I paid the extra and got my panels from Tindo. Australian made and local company, After Sale service is faultless they monitor panel performance and contact you if panel performance drops. Tindo keep in contact with purchasers. To be honest the best $$$$ i have spent. When you buy Tindo panels you also get great caring after sales service. IF you want a Top Quality Product go to Tindo. When fitted workers were very polite, answered any questions, very tidy looking installation, and all packaging was removed. Installed all 18 panels by lunch time.

Original Review on 14-11-2018:

8 months later we asked Kerry : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I have Solar Analytics as part of my deal with Tindo Solar. This has proven of great benefit as winter set in and shading became a problem. I can see when my panels are getting maximum sun exposure and can then time the usage of items like the washing machine etc.

Love my Tindo Panels

Tindo did not try to over sell their product. They gave me the facts and tried to be as competitive as possible with their price, and managed to come within a few hundred of the cheaper competitors, but with better warranty and quality. I have had my panels since January 2019 and love my panels, I have had great service from Tindo in the time I have had them.
It is so refreshing to communicate with a company that is local, supports Australian workers, assembles the panels locally, uses a good team of installers and provides friendly and helpful after sales service and guarantees their product for decades. If anything goes wrong with my new solar system, I feel I am in good hands for a satisfactory resolution.
First account was in credit. Winter will be the real test. We would not hesitate to recommend Tindo Solar to any prospective buyer. We have been impressed with after sales follow up and we are also impressed with the monitoring system which informs us of the equipment’s performance.
The sales representative and the solar installer both arrive at promised quote / installation times and were very professional in their presentation.
Installers were fantastic, turned on on same day as installation
After sales service has been very good
Very happy with the way installation occurred. All went smoothly with SA Power Networks arriving on the same day so the whole process was seamless.
I was most impressed with all the people who came here and explained there services and gave us a quote. We just had the impression that Tindo although dearer would be easier to deal with being an all local company
My wife and I would like to say how impressed we were by the professionalism of the salesman, the team at Tindo and the installers.
Thank you.
Why don't you return my phone calls!!!!!!!!!!
The best thing we ever purchased our electricity bill went from $600+ down to $180 per quarter if you haven't got the best solar panels from Tindo solar your flaming mad South Australian owned at Mawson Lakes from start to finish the whole experience was fantastic every one involved from the salesman Daryl to Jarrod in the office the guys who installed the system all professional on time every thing left neat and tidy if you don't get a Tindo solar system
Installer did not know how to connect it to the internet
System works perfectly, installation was smooth and the sales team was super nice and caring.
After sales experience was great with the monitoring system and the customer service guys making sure i was happy with the product.
I am absolutely disgusted with the after sales service from Tindo. We have a big system which is underperforming. Over half a dozen microinverters have failed, which they refuse to replace unless we pay for the electrician to do so. No monitoring system now as enecsys went into administration. Save yourself money & heartache & go with a different company. We bought our system in the first year they were open, to support the aussie market. Big mistake. Absolute garbage, esp when I'm still getting electricity bills over $1000. Taking it to consumer affairs.
I bought from Tindo because it is a south Australian company and had heard it's service was very good. This has proved to be the case I am very happy with the system so far and intend to extend it to a battery.
From our first visit to Tindo Solar, throughout the purchase and installation, plus follow up communications with Tindo we have had nothing but first rate experiences with them. We are very happy with the performance of our solar system which was purchased in June, and would very definitely recommend both their product and their personnel. We really appreciated the service we have received, and the fact that Tindo follow up to make sure everything is continuing to work as expected is another plus for them.
They were very helpful and quick on getting the job done