Traeger Solar

Traeger Solar Reviews

Traeger Solar is a Solar Power Installation business based in Park Orchards VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,179 - $7,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Traeger Solar Reviews (70)

Fantastic Service

Aaron quoted the system for my home and it was good to speak with someone who was actually a part of the installation team as opposed to a salesperson. He gave me a couple of options that suited my needs and never pressured me in regards to making a quick decision. Aaron and his team were highly professional. They arrived on time and completed the installation on a very cold and wet day. They left the site very clean and tidy. Aaron organised the grid connection after the installation. The whole process from start to finish was seamless! I highly recommend them!

On site visit discussion of requirements prior to submission quotation.

Traegar Solar-Aaron, was the only company to seek an on site visit to discuss and advise of our solar roofing requirements.
His quotation came promptly containing the detailed types of equipment offered.
His price was not the lowest but the personal contact with positive suggestions and reasons to our queries convinced us to select Traeger Solar.
Installation days were exactly as he advised.
Currently, Aaron has now finished installation and has organized for electrical inspection and once he has received the certificate of approval will then proceed to lodge the application with our retailer.
Additionally we comment that the installation staff were friendly and completed the installation without any fuss.

Very efficient installation

Very efficient and neat installation. Good advice on panel location during quotation site visit. Minor switchboard changes still to be completed. Still waiting for meter configuration, but system is generating.

Stress-free installation

Aaron from Traeger Solar was friendly, professional, punctual and knowledgeable. The installation went very smoothly and I was impressed at how tidy the site was afterwards too. All necessary inspections and paperwork were taken care without a hitch. Very happy with service and installation.

Original Review on 08-09-2021:

Very professional installation

The sales and quoting process was-
very thorough and helpful.

The installation was-
punctual, very neat and appears to be well done

Customer service was -
too early to say - as Melbourne locked-down - so installer not allowed inside our house to complete installation.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed to my expectations

Highly recommended installer

Aaron and his team did a great job supplying and installing our solar panels and inverter. They were all very professional and friendly. I had to follow up on a couple of things, but was always dealt with quickly and efficiently. Would highly recommend Traeger Solar.

Professional Installed

After submitting quotes through Solarquotes, Traeger Solar was the first company made contact and Aaron was the only one who came onsite to listen, inspect and discuss my requirement face to face, just on that I chosen Traeger Solar.

From then on Aaron answering all my queries promptly. My solar system was installed over 2 days with minimal disruption. Aaron and his team were punctual, polite and respectful.

I have no hesitation to recommend Traeger Solar to my family and friends.

Great experience.

Quoted for solar, promptly, and kept in touch as it was a new build, and because of covid was delayed. Liaised with the builder to do the pre wiring, advised regarding the rebates, and what to do, then when it was ready, arrived promptly, was polite and when finished explained what happened next, and what to expect. Would recommend without hesitation.

Definitely recommended

Great Services!

What I like it most was Aaron came onsite to check and confirm what is best for my place.
He was always on time and response almost immediately with questions and emails.

Everything went smooth and great job.

Great Service!

Aaron turned up when he said he would, both pre-sale and at installation time. He was the only person that came and looked at our job before quoting!

We always new what was happening both pre install and during the install.

Installation was done professionally, safely and to a high standard.

Electrical safety inspection went very smoothly and even happened on the day of the install.

The only installer that was able to provide me with what I was looking for.

After a chat on the phone Aaron came out and measured up my roof. I explained what I wanted and he spent time explaining what was possible and what was not. He did however, provide me with an option that would completely meet my requirements. None of the other installers were able to give me that. He then got back to me quickly with a quote which was only slightly higher than the other quotes. He provided a timeframe for the installation and completed all work within that timeframe. He cleaned up after he finished and took all rubbish away when he left. I would highly recommend Aaron to anyone wanting a quality job.

Excellent service

Aaron visited and quoted promptly. We stalled decision as energy retailer would not allow export to grid. A year later he refreshed quote-tweaked following the answers to my queries. Set a date two weeks out-turned up prompt with team-worked through two days of rain and they were done-28 panels.

Each member of the team were polite,courteous and very tidy. Tweak required following inspector visit-
Aaron came from a recommendation from a friend and I would have no hesitation recommending Aaron and the team.

A pleasure to work with

We talked to half a dozen solar installers, and Aaron was without a doubt the most professional and helpful person we came across. He did an excellent job, and was clear about every step of the process.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him (and I already have to several friends)

Great service, product knowledge and installation

Aaron from Traeger Solar was one of the 3 recommended installers from Solar quotes.
Aaron came to inspect the property during construction to advise on the best product for our new home. He was always available by phone/email to answer any queries in regards to different products before we finalised our preferred inverter and panels selection.
Being a new home I wanted attention to detail with installation and input in how the solar system would look aesthetically. As Aaron is the owner and also completes the installation work with his team, this is the type of company we wanted to engage and not a large corporation that subcontracts out the work where the home owner has no input into the installation.
We are happy with the installation of the final product and the system has been exceptional to date.
We would recommend Traeger Solar to anyone who wants a quality product, great installation but more importantly EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Buying Made Easy

Good service all round from initial quote to final installation. Pleased with price/quality/warranty. Slight hiccup on installation with accident damage but no fuss clear up and rectification. Waiting now on meter configuration from energy supplier.

Professional and Polite

After consulting with Solar Quotes we received 3 possible installers. We chose Traeger Solar for a few reasons.
Aaron arrived to inspect our home and we were able to follow up a couple of queries - this was very helpful.
The rebates were organised without delay and Aaron kept us informed of the progress - the time line was changed because of construction lockdown, however the team arrived promptly to commence work. We appreciate that the owner/installer was involved in all aspects of the solar installation, and once again answered our questions without delay.
The team even managed to work between daughters teaching schedule during the first day. The work would have been completed in one day, however there was a delay in the solar panel delivery. To conclude - we are very happy, and know that we can contact Aaron if the need arises.

Friendly, efficient and quality service

We liked that the owner of the business did the quote and the installation. During quote he climbed onto roof and took photos - other quotes didn’t. Completed in very short time, called in after install to check all good.

Very happy

Aaron is very friendly and approachable. He managed to work in with our new build schedule for tidy install, returning after handover to complete the job with panel installation. He was very patient with my questions and re-quoting when new products became available that he felt better suited our needs as technology improved. From my understanding our job was complex, but he went out of his way to ensure it was running efficiently and was responsive to my after service questions. Overall, we are very happy with our product and appreciate his honest and clear advice regarding future proofing and maximising our all electric home.

Marvellous install, in tune with the high end nature of the components of the installation.

Quoting process was excellent, not just from this supplier, and an on-site inspection and honest description of the process and technologies was what got the installer over the line.
Customer service, since the installation has been good. I've not needed to do anything but apply for the rebate. All handling of the solar connection details to the grid and power utility have been handled by the installer. If I was to be very picky, maybe a few more texts or emails to outline all steps clearly would have been beneficial, but things haven't been helped by COVID and the construction ban (no fault of the installer).

Professional and no nonsense operator

We were recommended to Aaron from Traeger solar from our friends and he was very responsive in coming back to us with our request for quote. He provided a couple of options after talking to us and looking at our roof layout. We ended up going with installing 10kW Trina panels and 8kW Fronius Inverter with a monitoring meter.

The installation process was done over 2 days and when the inspector did his inspection the feedback was that the installation was very well done and there was nothing to worry or be concerned about with this installer.

Post installation Aaron organised the connection and meter alterations with AGL and set us up with the monitoring software as well.

A postscript to this is that a few months later we had to upgrade to a 3 phase supply due to renovations on the house requiring the additional power and we went back to Aaron who helped us swap out the original single phase monitoring with a three phase solution from Solar Analytics. He was again very helpful and agreed to provide us a discount on the three phase monitor as he could reuse the original single phase monitoring meter.

Overall a very professional and friendly operator and highly recommended for people looking at solar in eastern Melbourne

Seamless Process from initial quote to post installation support. Solar craftsmen.

The process started when Aaron gave me a call regarding my quote request. He was keen to understand our situation and asked what we were looking for. Out of all the 3 vendors, he was the only one who went out of his way to check and measure the roof and not relying solely on the satellite photos. He gave us multiple options and layout since my roof size was a bit tricky. We agreed on a particular design and number of panels that we want to install to get the maximum power for my situation. He was kind enough to give us an overview of the solar and the different advantages of different systems. At that point my wife and I agreed to go with them since they weren't pushy and only quoted us only what makes sense and what will give us the most value.

From pre-installation conversations to post installation support was a breeze. Aaron guided us through all the steps and managed our expectations along the way. The installation team rocked up earlier than scheduled time and was very polite in times that they need anything from us like testing the system or informing us if we need to shut the power off. The Inverter and the cable wirings were all installed neatly. They even needed to make a man-hole from my garage to check everything is all good on the ceiling . After the installation, they tidied up the garage and even placed a proper electrical cover on the man-hole. Aaron also organised the third party inspection and the grid connection process the day after the final install and checks.

I would say that this was one of quality purchases that we've had in a will and will surely recommend them.

A great experience

Aaron and his team did a great job. I originally didn't think it was worth doing but when I saw the low out of pocket cost I immediately decided to go ahead. During a lockdown period in Victoria I had expected it wouldn't go ahead - but as soon as they were given the go ahead Aaron gave me times and everyone were here at the times quoted.

Highly recommend Traeger Solar

I had previously looked into solar installation a few years ago which at the time seemed quite daunting and struggled to feel totally comfortable with the companies that I had received quotes/advice from. I decided to try again to make the most of the current (June) rebates and Traeger Solar were one of 2 companies that Solar Quotes recommended (I only requested 2 quotes as I had another 2 quotes from other companies). Aaron was the first to contact me, offered to visit my house to personally inspect and provided the advice and information I desired. The price was great for the system installed and most importantly for me was Traeger Solar are a local business and Aaron was involved in the complete installation with his team. The whole process was extremely professional (didn't feel like I was dealing with a "used car salesman") as with other companies and his team were also outstanding. As soon as my rebate approval was granted, Trager Solar identified a mutually agreed time to schedule the installation and provided exceptional customer service during the installation and following up with required paperwork. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Everything you want from a business. Brilliant service.

Arron Traeger and his guys were fantastic. Well priced and easy from start to finish.
The work was carried out professionally and efficiently and they were a pleasure to have around.

As an Electrical Contractor of 12 years myself I can say with out a doubt they have a very high standard of workmanship, they certainly don't cut corners. I had recommended Arron Traegar to several of my clients prior to being ready for my system and they were all of the same opinion, brilliant!

I was surprised at how quick and easy the whole process was, couple of days for the installations and a couple of emails for the paperwork. Too easy.

It is always nice to find a business that holds customer service in such high regard.

Our Panels were installed in rather difficult conditions After a very severe storm. We had no power .

From the beginning to the end. It was completed with confident, polite Tradesmen. At no time did the installers seemed to be phased. I have designed instrument panels and was very impressed by their workmanship.

Thoroughly competent installation

All went without a hitch. Everything was done on time, and was very well organised, even through the challenging weather. Aaron (Traeger Solar's owner) went that extra mile to ensure we received what was expected, and triple checked the roof tiles at job's end.
I have to say the roof's in better condition than when the installation began.
Being local is a bonus, and in all sincerity, Traeger Solar will be the first company we call when it comes to adding other components to this system.
Ours is a 6.6kW system with 4 panels on the East, 10 on the North, and 4 on the West - 18 panels all up, with optimisers.

Simple and smooth process

Traeger Solar were the first company to respond to requests for quotes and were the only company to visit my property during the quoting process. Being able to establish a personal connection with Aaron rather than dealing with people solely over the phone made such a difference and the promptness of his response with a quote after the site visit made his company a clear number one to engage with. Aaron also provided great help when it came time to apply for the rebates and complete other required documentation. His installation team were excellent. At their pre-installation visit they made the very sensible suggestion that I obtain a supply of new roof tiles as they could see several required replacement and they were likely to damage a few during the install. Then during the instal, they discovered I probably needed a wi-fi extender to enable the inverter to function correctly and they went and acquired one saving me a trip to the shops myself. Very customer-focused! I am very happy with the system specified and it is working very effectively.

great from route to installation

Aaron made the whole process easy for us. we explained what we wanted, he gave us options then went ahead with the installation & did all the necessary follow up to connect us up to the grid. Was very approachable & professional, would definitely recommend

A very successful project.

Prompt and in person quote.
Listened to what I wanted in extending my existing system.
Aaron's attitude inspired confidence and his team confirmed it.

Reliable service. Very friendly

Everything went well from quoting, to installation and in the process of organizing grid connection.

Highly Recommended, Professional, Customer Focussed!

Of the 3 quotes that came back, Aaron spent more time getting an understanding on what was important to us and finding a system best for our need. He came out and talked through inverter location and panel layout and what would work best for our home. As the orientation of our house meant visible panels from our entertaining area, we wanted smart looking panels and Aaron recommended the all black Solaredge panels that look absolutely amazing now they are installed.

On installation day, Aaron and team were highly professional and what really sets this team apart is that Aaron is the owner/operator and electrician. This means he ensures a quality installation and is meticulous in making sure everything is perfect - we were really impressed with this customer focus and ensuring we were completely happy with everything.

The 3rd party inspection process was also seamless, as workmanship and quality is highly evident.

We highly recommend Aaron especially if you are in the Eastern suburbs!

Original Review on 17-08-2020:

Aaron made it all easy.

Aaron was prompt to get in touch and provide an in person quote. His attitude was flexible, helpful, practical and he wasn't at all pushy.

During the quoting process Aaron was happy to provide clarification and amend the quote when I asked to make tweaks.

The installation was done on time with no fuss and again Aaron (and his team) were great to deal with.

Aaron took care of all the paperwork with my power company and it was all done smoothly and promptly.

No regrets on my choice!

8 months later we asked Timothy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No.1 Installer.

Fantastic Installer. Nothing was too much effort for Aaron. Very informative and helpful. Prompt service. Answered all my questions truthfully. Great service and I highly recommend Traeger Solar.

Traeger Solar was prompt with the quote and answered all our questions. The installation was booked in quickly and they were actually able to install on an earlier date than originally scheduled. Installers were polite, tidy and professional. Overall very happy with the installation and system.

Original Review on 14-05-2020:

Seamless process.

- Sales/quoting process? It was fast and efficient. Detailed too with a drone shot of my roof and where the panels would be placed.
- How did the installation go? All very polite; all very tidy; and very punctual.
- How was the customer service? I got sufficient help regarding the grid connection after the install.

8 months later we asked Barbara: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has certainly performed to my expectations. Was delighted to see that my last electricity bill gave me a credit.

Awesome team have installed an awesome system

Just like the below review, Aaron quoted online during Stage 4 lockdown and installed on exactly the date he gave me after lockdown ended.

He and his team was friendly, patient and flexible (easily accommodating some last minute changes I requested) and post-installation support was there with no issues with grid connection.

Professional and Easy to Deal With

The quoting process was undertaken during COVID lock down. Immediately the State was released of its restrictions, Aaron was in contact to lock in the date of installation which was completed on schedule with very little fuss.

Inspection was completed very promptly with minor follow up work completed immediately.

I'm more than happy to recommend Aaron and his team as they were very professional to deal with and maintained a very tidy and clean installation.

Original Review on 13-04-2020:

Friendly and reliable

Very responsive and reliable. No surprises. Provided much of the information needed to get connected to the grid. Original ratings

8 months later we asked MINH: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Easy Installation.

As with all Quotes Aaron’s quote was not the cheapest and not the dearest but it was the best. The installation was a dream. The team started in the afternoon and finished the next day just after lunch. When they left nothing was left behind everything was taken and disposed of. The guys where great to talk to about the system and talked me thru the setup for the monitoring of the system. I have been trying to get solar for about 10 years and always worried about picking the right products and the right installer, well Aaron and his team did a great job and I could not recommend them any higher. Every thing that needed doing has been done and more.

A Very Professional Outfit and a First Class Installation

We contacted Aaron after receiving my three referrals from Solar Quotes and had a response within 24hrs and a comprehensive quote with options a day later. The property was inspected and detailed attention paid to shading and power board issues prior to quoting.

The agreed 32-panel installation was completed under Aaron's onsite supervision within a day and a half and was commisioned, inspected, approved, grid connected and operational by the end of the second day, the inspector arriving within hours of completion. Great attention was paid to panel siting and the panel and wiring installation was very impressive. The installation team were friendly, efficient and professional.

Aaron handled all applications, inspection and approvals, set up the monitoring app. on our iPhones and made the whole process completely painless.
We generated an impressive 60.6kWh the second day of operation. (Oct. Melbourne)

We are absolutely delighted with our very impressive installation and can thoroughly recommend traeger solar as a professional and knowledgeable hands-on installer. Importantly, there's great communication directly with Aaron. He is on the job from start to finish.

Bob

Installation: 32, SunPower 325watt panels, each fitted with solar edge PV power optimiser.
8kW Solar Edge Inverter

Fantastic installer

Requirements were discussed on the phone and quote provided. After quote received, there were some further discussion on requirements. An updated quote was provided quickly.

They were punctual on the 2 days they came to do the installation. On the day of the installation there were some discussion on positioning of the panels which needed to vary from the quote. They were polite and considerate while doing the installation. The installation was tidy.

After the install was completed, they connected the Inverter to my Wifi and expained use of the app to monitor the output of power generated by the Solar panel system.

They organised organised the electrical inspections and the connection to the grid after the install.

Personal Service

We chose Traegar Solar because the -pre-sales experience was quite positive: prompt response, on time for site visit, and answered all of our questions in a friendly informative manner. Additionally, the quote was very competitive.

We have just had the installation completed and the pre-sales experience has continued: the team arrived when they said they would and they installed how and where we had discussed, and left the site neat and tidy.

Positive experience

Traeger Solar provided us with great service and a quality service/installation. Aaron understood our needs and priced accordingly. Lead time was quick and the guys turned up on schedule for the installation. Would definitely recommend.

Very professional

Very professional and all workers were absolute gentlemen also very clean and tidy

Use someone else at your own peril.

All other reviews here are consistant and spot on about this company.
Useless to repeat them over and over.
Aaron's the man and so are his team of pros in Solar Installation and
Electrical work.Very highly recommended so don't waste your time
if your serious about getting a system quick.

Great Service! Great Product!

I picked Aaron after getting three quotes via Solarquotes because of his customer service, going the extra distance to ensure he understood our situation, our property and what we wanted from a Solar Panel system. A site visit clinched the deal for me. Then came COVID19 and some wiring issues at our house, all were navigated with good communication and assistance from Aaron that resulted in a well managed rewire, install and commissioning of the system.
Very happy with the result, neatly installed, cleaned up and all details explained.
Highly recommended.
Aaron and his staff are totally professional and knowledgeable. He employees his own staff to do the work and at every step of the process kept us informed and updated on things. Traeger also made some adjustments to the original layout once physically onsite, which involved including extra equipment, at no extra cost to accommodate some unforeseen minor shading.
Exactly the type of actions you yourself would do, if doing the same job; and needless to say I insisted on paying for these extra above contracted price.

Easy to deal with and good communication

Went with Traeger because liked that the quoting/install/communication was all done through one person, no outsourcing.
Aaron was great at each step, turned up when he said he would, prices were great and the install was very neat/quick.

Great.

On time, efficient, easy to work with. Great service level.

Highly recommend

Aaron was great to deal with from start to finish. Very professional and took the time to take our calls when we called and answered all questions promptly.

I highly recommend Traeger Solar as Aaron was friendly to deal with, provided two competitive quotes on different solar options. Aaron is the owner and also installer and the team turned up on time and were very helpful, well mannered and completed a great job.

Aaron made the whole solar experience easy and I would have no hesitation in recommending Aaron for your solar installation.