Traeger Solar

Traeger Solar Reviews

Traeger Solar is a Solar Power Installation business based in Park Orchards VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,200 - $8,545 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Traeger Solar Reviews (44)

Simple and smooth process

Traeger Solar were the first company to respond to requests for quotes and were the only company to visit my property during the quoting process. Being able to establish a personal connection with Aaron rather than dealing with people solely over the phone made such a difference and the promptness of his response with a quote after the site visit made his company a clear number one to engage with. Aaron also provided great help when it came time to apply for the rebates and complete other required documentation. His installation team were excellent. At their pre-installation visit they made the very sensible suggestion that I obtain a supply of new roof tiles as they could see several required replacement and they were likely to damage a few during the install. Then during the instal, they discovered I probably needed a wi-fi extender to enable the inverter to function correctly and they went and acquired one saving me a trip to the shops myself. Very customer-focused! I am very happy with the system specified and it is working very effectively.

great from route to installation

Aaron made the whole process easy for us. we explained what we wanted, he gave us options then went ahead with the installation & did all the necessary follow up to connect us up to the grid. Was very approachable & professional, would definitely recommend

A very successful project.

Prompt and in person quote.
Listened to what I wanted in extending my existing system.
Aaron's attitude inspired confidence and his team confirmed it.

Reliable service. Very friendly

Everything went well from quoting, to installation and in the process of organizing grid connection.

Highly Recommended, Professional, Customer Focussed!

Of the 3 quotes that came back, Aaron spent more time getting an understanding on what was important to us and finding a system best for our need. He came out and talked through inverter location and panel layout and what would work best for our home. As the orientation of our house meant visible panels from our entertaining area, we wanted smart looking panels and Aaron recommended the all black Solaredge panels that look absolutely amazing now they are installed.

On installation day, Aaron and team were highly professional and what really sets this team apart is that Aaron is the owner/operator and electrician. This means he ensures a quality installation and is meticulous in making sure everything is perfect - we were really impressed with this customer focus and ensuring we were completely happy with everything.

The 3rd party inspection process was also seamless, as workmanship and quality is highly evident.

We highly recommend Aaron especially if you are in the Eastern suburbs!

Original Review on 17-08-2020:

Aaron made it all easy.

Aaron was prompt to get in touch and provide an in person quote. His attitude was flexible, helpful, practical and he wasn't at all pushy.

During the quoting process Aaron was happy to provide clarification and amend the quote when I asked to make tweaks.

The installation was done on time with no fuss and again Aaron (and his team) were great to deal with.

Aaron took care of all the paperwork with my power company and it was all done smoothly and promptly.

No regrets on my choice!

8 months later we asked Timothy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No.1 Installer.

Fantastic Installer. Nothing was too much effort for Aaron. Very informative and helpful. Prompt service. Answered all my questions truthfully. Great service and I highly recommend Traeger Solar.

Traeger Solar was prompt with the quote and answered all our questions. The installation was booked in quickly and they were actually able to install on an earlier date than originally scheduled. Installers were polite, tidy and professional. Overall very happy with the installation and system.

Original Review on 14-05-2020:

Seamless process.

- Sales/quoting process? It was fast and efficient. Detailed too with a drone shot of my roof and where the panels would be placed.
- How did the installation go? All very polite; all very tidy; and very punctual.
- How was the customer service? I got sufficient help regarding the grid connection after the install.

8 months later we asked Barbara: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has certainly performed to my expectations. Was delighted to see that my last electricity bill gave me a credit.

Awesome team have installed an awesome system

Just like the below review, Aaron quoted online during Stage 4 lockdown and installed on exactly the date he gave me after lockdown ended.

He and his team was friendly, patient and flexible (easily accommodating some last minute changes I requested) and post-installation support was there with no issues with grid connection.

Professional and Easy to Deal With

The quoting process was undertaken during COVID lock down. Immediately the State was released of its restrictions, Aaron was in contact to lock in the date of installation which was completed on schedule with very little fuss.

Inspection was completed very promptly with minor follow up work completed immediately.

I'm more than happy to recommend Aaron and his team as they were very professional to deal with and maintained a very tidy and clean installation.

Original Review on 13-04-2020:

Friendly and reliable

Very responsive and reliable. No surprises. Provided much of the information needed to get connected to the grid. Original ratings

8 months later we asked MINH: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Easy Installation.

As with all Quotes Aaron’s quote was not the cheapest and not the dearest but it was the best. The installation was a dream. The team started in the afternoon and finished the next day just after lunch. When they left nothing was left behind everything was taken and disposed of. The guys where great to talk to about the system and talked me thru the setup for the monitoring of the system. I have been trying to get solar for about 10 years and always worried about picking the right products and the right installer, well Aaron and his team did a great job and I could not recommend them any higher. Every thing that needed doing has been done and more.

A Very Professional Outfit and a First Class Installation

We contacted Aaron after receiving my three referrals from Solar Quotes and had a response within 24hrs and a comprehensive quote with options a day later. The property was inspected and detailed attention paid to shading and power board issues prior to quoting.

The agreed 32-panel installation was completed under Aaron's onsite supervision within a day and a half and was commisioned, inspected, approved, grid connected and operational by the end of the second day, the inspector arriving within hours of completion. Great attention was paid to panel siting and the panel and wiring installation was very impressive. The installation team were friendly, efficient and professional.

Aaron handled all applications, inspection and approvals, set up the monitoring app. on our iPhones and made the whole process completely painless.
We generated an impressive 60.6kWh the second day of operation. (Oct. Melbourne)

We are absolutely delighted with our very impressive installation and can thoroughly recommend traeger solar as a professional and knowledgeable hands-on installer. Importantly, there's great communication directly with Aaron. He is on the job from start to finish.

Bob

Installation: 32, SunPower 325watt panels, each fitted with solar edge PV power optimiser.
8kW Solar Edge Inverter

Fantastic installer

Requirements were discussed on the phone and quote provided. After quote received, there were some further discussion on requirements. An updated quote was provided quickly.

They were punctual on the 2 days they came to do the installation. On the day of the installation there were some discussion on positioning of the panels which needed to vary from the quote. They were polite and considerate while doing the installation. The installation was tidy.

After the install was completed, they connected the Inverter to my Wifi and expained use of the app to monitor the output of power generated by the Solar panel system.

They organised organised the electrical inspections and the connection to the grid after the install.

Personal Service

We chose Traegar Solar because the -pre-sales experience was quite positive: prompt response, on time for site visit, and answered all of our questions in a friendly informative manner. Additionally, the quote was very competitive.

We have just had the installation completed and the pre-sales experience has continued: the team arrived when they said they would and they installed how and where we had discussed, and left the site neat and tidy.

Positive experience

Traeger Solar provided us with great service and a quality service/installation. Aaron understood our needs and priced accordingly. Lead time was quick and the guys turned up on schedule for the installation. Would definitely recommend.

Very professional

Very professional and all workers were absolute gentlemen also very clean and tidy

Use someone else at your own peril.

All other reviews here are consistant and spot on about this company.
Useless to repeat them over and over.
Aaron's the man and so are his team of pros in Solar Installation and
Electrical work.Very highly recommended so don't waste your time
if your serious about getting a system quick.

Great Service! Great Product!

I picked Aaron after getting three quotes via Solarquotes because of his customer service, going the extra distance to ensure he understood our situation, our property and what we wanted from a Solar Panel system. A site visit clinched the deal for me. Then came COVID19 and some wiring issues at our house, all were navigated with good communication and assistance from Aaron that resulted in a well managed rewire, install and commissioning of the system.
Very happy with the result, neatly installed, cleaned up and all details explained.
Highly recommended.
Aaron and his staff are totally professional and knowledgeable. He employees his own staff to do the work and at every step of the process kept us informed and updated on things. Traeger also made some adjustments to the original layout once physically onsite, which involved including extra equipment, at no extra cost to accommodate some unforeseen minor shading.
Exactly the type of actions you yourself would do, if doing the same job; and needless to say I insisted on paying for these extra above contracted price.

Easy to deal with and good communication

Went with Traeger because liked that the quoting/install/communication was all done through one person, no outsourcing.
Aaron was great at each step, turned up when he said he would, prices were great and the install was very neat/quick.

Great.

On time, efficient, easy to work with. Great service level.

Highly recommend

Aaron was great to deal with from start to finish. Very professional and took the time to take our calls when we called and answered all questions promptly.

I highly recommend Traeger Solar as Aaron was friendly to deal with, provided two competitive quotes on different solar options. Aaron is the owner and also installer and the team turned up on time and were very helpful, well mannered and completed a great job.

Aaron made the whole solar experience easy and I would have no hesitation in recommending Aaron for your solar installation.

Stress free process from start to finish

The quote process involved checking the roof and fuse box to be sure all that we wanted was possible, the quote was competitive, an installation fate was nominated and installation happened as promised. Just waiting for the final inspection now.

Highly Recommended - Good Workmanship and Reasonable Price

I was very pleased with working with Aaron to get my solar system installed. I recommend Traeger Solar based on the following;
- Competitive price (I had compared quotes from 4-5 companies)
- Friendly approach
- Aaron is the owner also the installer, hence the job would not be done by a third party person
- Installation team turned up on time. The team was fantastic to deal with, well mannered and polite.
- Clean and neat installation. All cables are hidden in the wall cavity even it is a double story house.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Treager Solar

Highly recommended

Aaron and his team did a great job installing and configuring our solar system. His communication and quality of his work was fantastic - would recommend him to anyone looking for a system.

Original Review on 16-05-2019:

Great company to deal with. Aaron made the whole process easy and stress free. Pricing was competitive and we're very happy with the end result. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Daniel: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. No issues whatsoever - everything has worked flawlessly.
The installer (Traeger Solar) did an excellent job and recently performed a follow-up visit (which was part of the package) and confirmed everything was in order.

Great customer service and quality installation

We found Aaron very personable, helpful, responsive and great to deal with and he and his team have done a quality installation.

An Absolute Pleasure to Deal With

Aaron Traeger was initially contacted mid winter to assess the declining our previous 10 year old system. He was very helpful and offered a number of potential solutions. At our request he also prepared a quotation for a replacement system so we had a starting point for looking at a full replacement. We advised Aaron that perhaps waiting until Summer when diagnosis may be easier made sense. He agreed to this quite readily.

As promised, and after further research drawing upon the excellent work of Solar Quotes, we contacted Aaron again for a quotation in October. The new system which we specified has been installed and we could not be happier.

Aaron's personal touch was the decider in going with his company. His approach was quite simply one of problem solving not making just another sale. As an engineer I found this to be very satisfying.

Footnote: The fault in our original system, which was comprised of 3 strings of 9 panels, was a failed panel. The panel was overheating in one area and as the panels tend to trap a large quantity of dry leaves there was a serious risk of FIRE.

Knowledgeable and flexible installer

During the quoting process Aaron was the only installer to get up on the roof and see what would actually work with our roof others just looked at aeriel photography. He found issues that would have made one of the other quotes impossible due excessive panel overhang with respect to the roof frame structure and was able to adapt the design to accomodate
The customer service was good and the installation was smooth and we are very happy with the results.

Reasonably priced and great customer service!

Traeger Solar came for an on-site visit and patiently explained what would best suit our needs and budget. Their quote was reasonably priced and we were guided through the state rebate application process. Installation was done as quickly as possible in difficult weather conditions. The team was punctual and tidied up after. The owner followed up on a couple of roof leaks, even coming over in the middle of the night to inspect and fix them. We are impressed by his dedication to getting the job done right. He has forwarded all necessary information to our electricity retailer for grid connection.

Would recommend

Aaron was easy to deal with from the start - sent an indicative quote via email, then came to discuss options and had a look around our property to confirm what he had proposed.

Once we had accepted the quote he helped explain the Vic Rebate process very clearly, and once we applied for the rebate online Aaron was supportive and always available to help especially when the Solar Victoria website was crashing.

Price was competitive with other installers and he was not pushy at all, and the best is Aaron is the guy who will come and do the work instead of a sub contractor on behalf of his company.

Would happily recommend to anyone looking for a solar installation in Melbourne.

High quality installation

Whilst I initially had hesitations about going with a Aaron as smaller installer over a large company, my concerns were quickly allayed.

Where many other companies have salespeople you speak to on the phone designing a system, before contracting out the installation to who-knows, Aaron was the only one who saw the process through end-to-end, as both solar designer and installer.

Aaron offered an on-site assessment, where he got up on the roof, measured to make sure everything would safely fit (not just relying on Nearmap!), checked for and highlighted possible shading issues, and answered all the questions I peppered him with - both in person, over the phone, and by email. He designed a system that looks great on our roof, at a fair price, that works above and beyond our expectations.

Other solar companies were very pushy - Aaron let his product stand on its own two feet and speak for itself. He made the Solar Victoria rebate process easy by explaining the whole process and offering me tips to ensure I didn't miss out on the allocation. He was flexible and when our roof restoration was delayed, and was able to reschedule without fuss.

The actual installation went smoothly: Aaron turned up on time, did a great job that looks neat and professional, and cleaned up after himself. My only complaint is that he didn't leave me the password to the Fronius inverter management system - but this was soon resolved, and is incredibly minor.

The Electrical Safety Inspection happened just a few days after installation, which went perfectly. Sadly, despite Aaron's efforts in getting the paperwork to Powershop promptly, Powershop dropped the ball and claimed to never receive it - thankfully sorted out, and we're already generating a net income from our solar which we couldn't be happier with!

Very happy with the installer and the system

After receiving a recommendation from SolarQuotes, we contacted Aaron from Traeger Solar (Director). Aaron was willing to answer all of our questions and to design a system which was customised to our needs. The quote was emailed promptly and he gave us assistance in the application process for a rebate (State based). He and his co-worker arrived on time and worked hard throughout 2 days to install the system. There work was very tidy (all rubbish was removed) and of a high quality. There was great attention to detail. When the installation was completed, he carefully explained the functions and workings of the system, including monitoring energy production and potential electrical safety issues. Aaron organised for the electrical safety inspection and he made contact with our energy retailer retailer to organise the grid connection. The whole process was easy, seamless and stress-free. We would not hesitate to recommend Traeger Solar.

Very Happy

Aaron was a pleasure to deal with. He was friendly, professional and efficient. Our roof configuration was awkward for north, east or west facing panels and we got different designs from each of the four companies we initially contacted, so it was hard to compare on a like for like basis. In the end we chose Aaron because he was flexible with design change, worked within our budget, and was not pushy. We felt pressured by one company and ignored by another. It was also reassuring dealing directly with the installer. He got up on the roof on two occasions to check measurements before we signed up, rather than just relying on nearmaps images. He knew exactly what he was doing on arrival on the day of installation, and the whole process went smoothly. Our installation was done very quickly after approval for the Vic Solar Rebate. We would recommend Traeger Solar

Recommended

Aaron was honest, knowledgeable and quick to respond throughout the sales process. Installation went smoothly. I recommend Traeger Solar.

Pleasure to deal with...

Aaron was a pleasure to work with, he made the the whole process from initial quote , acceptance of the quote, rebate submission and install was simple from start to finish. Instillation was very quick after the rebate application was approved and we are very happy with all aspects of the work.
Would highly recommend Traegar Solutions!
Just good honest advice and friendly service
Aaron Traeger was professional, efficient and thorough from start to finish in all aspects: electrical requirements, installation and paperwork. He was always punctual and communicated well so there were no problems, and the job was completed on time. I couldn't be happier with the system installed or the workmanship that Aaron provided.
Aaron, the proprietor of Traeger Solar made the whole experience very easy and pleasant. He was knowledgeable, helpful, articulate and placed no pressure whatsoever. He also made recommendations on the panels and inverter that he thought would serve our needs best. The icing on the cake was that Aaron was part of the two man installation team on site. He was not just a salesman. I am extremely happy with system and installation.