Winki Solar

Winki Solar Reviews

Winki Solar is an Electrical and Solar installation company that was started in Torquay Victoria by Steve Cox.

I am a licensed Electrician and am CEC accredited for both Solar and Batteries with over 17 years experience in the electrical and solar industry.
Winki is a trade based company that does not employ salesmen or subcontractors. We perform all the work in house.
We provide a personal solution to each site and consider no job too big, small or too hard for our team of electricians.

Being founded in a regional town we understand that integrity and our reputation is all that will hold us in good stead long term.
Winki now not only still services Torquay but has installation teams of qualified electricians in Geelong and Melbourne.
We now cover all Metro Melbourne and Greater Geelong, the Surfcoast and the Bellarine.

Whilst we have grown quite fast we still maintain the personal touch that is so important for such a big investment decision.
Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.
We are not a sales company that will be gone tomorrow, we are career electricians that will be here to service your system and honour any warranties required in the years to come.

Thanks for taking the time to read about us!

Steve Cox.

Reviewers report paying: $4,790 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Winki Solar Reviews (3)

Winki solar

Steve was very easy to deal with and installation was neat tidy and punctual. Just waiting on inspector as it has been over 2 weeks and still a no show. Steve has called inspector but i think the inspector is quite disorganised and still wont show up to commission the install. If this is government i am not surprised.

Great service, easy to deal with installer

I choose to procure my Solar System from Winki Solutions after shopping for a number of quotes, but wanted a local installer with a record of quality installation. Based upon a recommendation from an electrician who had seen their work, I chose Winki, and they provided a high quality system at a competitive price.

The communication from Steve throughout the process was excellent and they arrived and installed the system on time.

The quality of work was also to a high standard, with a slightly difficult installation to run the DC cable to the inverter in my garage. The work was neat and tidy and no damage to my house occured.

I would recommend Winki Solutions to others considering a solar system.

Out of the 3 recommendation they were the only one that listened to what I wanted and were the only one to visit the site before quoting.

Winki Solutions is a small business that will build a good reputation and is willing to tackle a tricky installation. They have installed a system of about 19 and a half Kw on a metal roof with 35 degree pitch. About 7 Kw on the east surface and about 12Kw on the west face. It contains 53 370w Trina panels on 5 strings which run 13 metres under the pergola to the rear of my garage and into a 15 Kw Fronius 3 phase inverter. The AC runs from the inverter 6 meters through the roof to a sub-board. There is a smart meter installed at the mains board (which is a further 10 meters from the sub board) to feed data to the inverter so that the system can balance the output and won't exceed the maximum allowed on each phase. Installation was only completed less than a week ago and at this stage I am waiting for the final inspection which is booked for 3 days time before the system can be activated.

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the great review. It was definitely a tricky job and a great effort by the team. Appreciate all your tips, knowing the house inside out made the works a lot easier.

We will continue to monitor the system for years to come to ensure its always functional and you're getting the production we proposed.

Thanks again