Winki Solar

Winki Solar Reviews

Winki Solar is an Electrical and Solar installation company that was started in Torquay Victoria by Steve Cox.

I am a licensed Electrician and am CEC accredited for both Solar and Batteries with over 17 years experience in the electrical and solar industry.
Winki is a trade based company that does not employ salesmen or subcontractors. We perform all the work in house.
We provide a personal solution to each site and consider no job too big, small or too hard for our team of electricians.

Being founded in a regional town we understand that integrity and our reputation is all that will hold us in good stead long term.
Winki now not only still services Torquay but has installation teams of qualified electricians in Geelong and Melbourne.
We now cover all Metro Melbourne and Greater Geelong, the Surfcoast and the Bellarine.

Whilst we have grown quite fast we still maintain the personal touch that is so important for such a big investment decision.
Our reputation has been built on word-of-mouth and client referral, which we believe is testament to the professional service we offer to our clients.
We are not a sales company that will be gone tomorrow, we are career electricians that will be here to service your system and honour any warranties required in the years to come.

Thanks for taking the time to read about us!

Steve Cox.

Reviewers report paying: $4,790 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Winki Solar Reviews (14)

Very Happy with the process and the installation

The Saleperson I dealt with was very attentive and quick to respond.
Installation went ahead without issue. Punctual, polite etc.
Panels were installed two weeks ago - currently still awaiting an inspector to check the system before proceeding with connection to grid (so can’t comment yet on my level of satisfaction for that part of the process.

Very easy to talk with and very thorough with their information.

Thorough service in a friendly manner. Prompt replies to all my questions.

Great communication and follow up!

Very happy with our new solar system. The guys at winki were really accommodating initially, answering questions and rearranging quotes and designs. The installation process was quick and they kept us updated with any changes. Would use these guys again for sure.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and working with us to ensure you all of your questions and concerns had been answered. We look forward to monitoring your system performance to cover all of your energy needs!

Highly Professional Company & Employees

From the start, Winki were the first of the three companies to quote, not only did they provide a quote for the system I requested but also for a lower & higher KWH producing system so I could compare all the data. Dexter was my contact & from day one we had an instant connection he was polite & courteous at all times keeping me fully informed with phonecalls & follow up emails even on weekends & public holidays, Winki are very lucky to have such an asset.

Installers arrived less than a week after paying the deposit, they were on time & despite being a less than straight forward install, I have multi split roof, Alex from Sulec & his team handled it in their stride. Despite being a man down on the day they finished the job in one day & cleaned up after themselves. Alex even set up the Goodwe app on my mobile phone. In less than 48hrs ESV inspector was on site & commissioned my new system which is going gangbusters.
The original price quoted was a little over my budget as I was not entitled to any rebates so I advised Dexter that I would need to go to another cheaper quote but I wasn't comfortable in doing so. Dexter came back with a proposal that fitted my budget & although still more expensive than the cheaper quote I felt more comfortable dealing with Winki.

I could not have asked for a more smoother install, Dexter, Alex & the gang are to be congratulated for his efforts.

Original Review on 04-06-2021:

Out of the 3 recommendation they were the only one that listened to what I wanted and were the only one to visit the site before quoting.

Winki Solutions is a small business that will build a good reputation and is willing to tackle a tricky installation. They have installed a system of about 19 and a half Kw on a metal roof with 35 degree pitch. About 7 Kw on the east surface and about 12Kw on the west face. It contains 53 370w Trina panels on 5 strings which run 13 metres under the pergola to the rear of my garage and into a 15 Kw Fronius 3 phase inverter. The AC runs from the inverter 6 meters through the roof to a sub-board. There is a smart meter installed at the mains board (which is a further 10 meters from the sub board) to feed data to the inverter so that the system can balance the output and won't exceed the maximum allowed on each phase. Installation was only completed less than a week ago and at this stage I am waiting for the final inspection which is booked for 3 days time before the system can be activated. Original ratings

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the great review. It was definitely a tricky job and a great effort by the team. Appreciate all your tips, knowing the house inside out made the works a lot easier.

We will continue to monitor the system for years to come to ensure its always functional and you're getting the production we proposed.

Thanks again

8 months later we asked Malcolm: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system that I installed is larger than the majority of home owners will or can install.
The power supply to my home had to be upgraded to allow for an air conditioning upgrade (Evaporative to Refrigerated).

After getting 3 Phase power to my house I was informed that I could install a solar system that could be up to 10 Kw per Phase.

I ended up with a system that is about 19.5Kw comprising 20 x 370Kw panels (about 7.4Kw) facing east on a 35 Degree pitch roof and 33 panels (about 12.2Kw) on the opposite side of the roof facing west again on a 35 degree pitch.

On a clear day(Jan 25, 2022 in the south western suburbs of Melbourne) my system started producing at 06:35 hrs in the morning and stopped at 20:44 hrs that night, with a total output of 109.05 kWh for the day. Our power usage for the day (24 Hours, midnight to midnight) was 12.75kWh.

A month after going live our power provider cut the rebate from 10.2 cents to 6.7 cents a kWh so our return is not as good as first predicted. But we are still, not only covering our usage cost (which was about $350-$400 per quarter), but are gaining a credit balance.

We have also had the same installer put a system on to a rental property so our tenant is gaining the benefit of having solar be it a much smaller system.

Regards

Malcolm Sellers

Fantastic Service

From start to finish our experience with Dex and Winki Solar was first class. They went over and above to ensure our solar experience was painless.

Dex explained everything really well and was always available to chat about the quote and the different solar system options before we committed to buying.

The install team led by Alex were excellent. The communication beforehand was great and they showed up on time. They talked us through the job before starting and made sure the layout was what we wanted. They clearly take pride in their work and everything was neat and tidy.

Communication since the install has been brilliant and Dex has made sure everything is working as it should.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback and working with us to ensure a smooth solar installation to coincide with your family's holiday plans. We trust your system will serve you well for many years to come and look forward to working with you again for all of your renewable energy needs.

Winki.

Great service and experts at what they do.

We were delighted to find excellent local installers for our solar.

Hi Holly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and supporting local business. We look forward to supporting you with all of your future energy projects on your property!

Winki.

Outstanding delivery at every level!

The sales and quoting service was informative,knowledgeable and presented in layman's language, so it was easy to understand the pricing structure and the whole installation process.

The installation went as planned, with the team arriving punctually onsite, and individually introducing themselves. They explained what they were doing and apologised in advance for any noises they made while walking across our flat roof, and drilling the stays that secured the solar panels. The site was left exactly as they found it with all packaging taken away.

Customer Service and follow through at every step of the way was excellent, from the explanations of the process,assistance with the rebate system, the installation set up,monitoring, the inspection certification and the grid connection after the installation.

After some fairly heavy winds over Christmas, two of the team came to inspect the installation to ensure everything was as it should be.

Hi Steve and Kim,

Thanks for being such great customers and working with us to get your system completed. We look forward to monitoring your system performance and working with you again once you're ready for Battery and EV!

Best wishes,

Couldn't be happier

I was really impressed with how hard Winki worked to make this a successful installation. All their communications were clear, helpful and timely. They were very proactive and responsive with the different design options, and they installed the system for us in a very short timeframe to ensure we were eligible for the higher rebate before the end of year reduction.

They took real pride in their work and the installation was undertaken to a very high standard (I had some particular requirements which they more than satisfied). They closely monitored performance for some weeks after the installation to ensure that everything was working well. I have had solar panels installed twice before, and overall I would rate the service provided by WInki as outstanding.

Hi Rory,

We appreciate your detailed feedback and thank you for sharing your positive review based on having experienced previous solar installs. We look forward to working with you again should the opportunity present itself. Enjoy your new Enphase system!

Winki

Really responsive team and quick installation

Supplier spent a lot of time talking through options and explaining the technology to me. They were happy to answer my millions of questions, and very responsive via email and phone calls.
The price given was very fair (I got 7 quotes) for the system we wanted, and they installed it within 1 week of the paperwork being signed!

Hi Khyalla,

Thank you for sharing your review and being such a thorough accommodating client. We look forward to working with you again once it's time to upgrade. Thank you for also supporting local business!

Very Satisfied Winki Solar Customers

Our experience with Winki Solar and Dexter their sales consultant was excellent. Dexter was responsive and very helpful especially taking care to do a thorough onsite inspection to access the impact of the shade trees. His attention to detail and follow up was great and assistance navigating the difficulties of Vic Solar much appreciated.

The installation was incident free, the team were very polite and completed the job efficiently. Very punctual and tidy.

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy with the outcome of your installation and switchboard upgrade. Look forward to you reaping the benefits of your new solar system!

Best wishes,

Supporting local businesses

Steve and the crew from Winki Solar were very professional, explained what system would be best for our needs and suitable to fit on our house. We are very impressed with the workmanship and the final product. The fact that this is a local company on the Surf Coast gives us the peace of mind should we ever need anything fixed.

Winki solar

Steve was very easy to deal with and installation was neat tidy and punctual. Just waiting on inspector as it has been over 2 weeks and still a no show. Steve has called inspector but i think the inspector is quite disorganised and still wont show up to commission the install. If this is government i am not surprised.

Great service, easy to deal with installer

I choose to procure my Solar System from Winki Solutions after shopping for a number of quotes, but wanted a local installer with a record of quality installation. Based upon a recommendation from an electrician who had seen their work, I chose Winki, and they provided a high quality system at a competitive price.

The communication from Steve throughout the process was excellent and they arrived and installed the system on time.

The quality of work was also to a high standard, with a slightly difficult installation to run the DC cable to the inverter in my garage. The work was neat and tidy and no damage to my house occured.

I would recommend Winki Solutions to others considering a solar system.