Xpert Energy Pty Ltd

Xpert Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

Hi, my name is Craig and as a CEC accredited solar Designer & Installer of grid-connected solar power, and being an electrician since 1992 I would like to pass some of my accumulated knowledge on to you, the prospective solar buyer.

Having previously observed the poor workmanship quality by some trades people in the solar industry I could not shake the feeling that, given the chance, I could play an important role ensuring that only high calibre trades people were unleashed on the unsuspecting client’s home or business.

Xpert Energy was born from the desire to give our clients exceptional service and advice, whilst charging a fair price to install a genuinely quality solar panel system on your home or business.

You get to understand the concept of solar a little better, get to talk to me directly over the phone or face-to-face about solar in a no-nonsense, no-pressure environment & with your new understanding of the potential pitfalls in this industry, be better informed before choosing your preferred solar installer.

Furthermore, to clear the confusion regarding solar I have created a series of brief articles on my website that I am hoping you will find helpful, and relevant.

I would like to thank our existing customers for our success, and invite new customers to become a part of it.

• Local, diversified electrical contracting company
  • Down-to-earth, old fashioned service
  • Master Electricians

Reviewers report paying: $3,800 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Xpert Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (51)

Local Expert that knows what he is doing

I used this site as a start to research Solar installation. While I did use the 3 quote system I also researched Local installers.

After speaking to sales representatives of the three quotes I was also talking to Craig from Xpert energy. He was able to make logical suggestions and provided a variety of system options based on our conversation and my stated requirements. Comparing the 3 quotes and Xpert they are all within the same price range but I felt more comfortable talking to the electrician that would be conducting the install. No sales pitch just solid advice on the options available.

Quote was on the money and the process has been simple, agreed on the quote, paid deposit and the day of installed was booked in.

On the day of installed Craig, the only person I spoke to through the whole process, turned up on time and completed the install keeping myself up to date as he work solidly through the day with his team.

I highly recommend Craig and his team to anyone looking to support local business and deal direct with the installation team

Brilliant installer, very professional

Great service from Craig at Xpert Energy. Great in person quote process explaining everything we needed and installation was excellent. It was a pleasure to do business with these guys and would recommend to anyone looking at getting Solar!

Excellent service

Craig from XPERT ENERGY immediately contacted me after I made a phone enquiry regarding a solar panel repair/ quote, he arrived at my residence to do a survey and quote at the time that was agreed to and no call out fee as some of his competitors required. During our meeting he discussed all the options and made some recommendations which I appreciated as he was factual and made it easy for me to understand, once I had made my decision, Craig supplied a report and quote the same day to my email address.

XPERT ENERGY arrived on the day of installation on time as was discussed previously, they installed the new solar system, took away the old solar system and left the area completely clean. I am very happy with all aspects of the procedure (i.e. quoting, quality of solar system components, punctuality and installation), Craig and his crew are a credit to the solar system installation industry and set the benchmark to a very high standard, I would most definitely recommend XPERT ENERGY to anyone that needs a solar system installed or a repair/ update.

Amazing service, beautiful install

Quoting process was very informative and no pressure to sign

Install team were professional, easy to talk too, great with my young child. Cleaned up after themselves. Even offered to fix a few tiles on my roof which was not expected.

Customer service was great, helped us every step along the way.

Outstanding Quality & Service from Xpert Energy Pty Ltd

The whole process from start to finish has been flawless.
Nothing was too much trouble for Craig throughout the quoting process with my many questions answered promptly and with genuine honesty!!!
The team of installers worked together seamlessly and the whole install was completed efficiently and to a very high standard!
The openness and honesty of the whole team was tremendous and highly appreciated!

Amazing Team

Craig was a delight to meet, sorted everything out with my provider
His team did an amazing job installing everything, took all the rubbish with them.
Really felt like they all went above and beyond 10/10

Great Solar Installation

I spoke to the owner Craig for the quote and also checked his website prior. So many informative videos regarding solar, very handy if you don't have good knowledge about solar and are planning to install one. Easy to deal with and the solar installation was done great and on time.

Professional Service

Craig was a pleasure to deal with. He had a lot of knowledge in the field and provided a professional quote on our solar, in fact thousands of dollars cheaper than other quotes. He doesn't try and upsell you on anything you don't need like most other businesses try and do. His team did a great job on the installation. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Great Installation

Craig, the boss, was very informative and explained everything well during the quote. He certainly wasn't the pushy salesman stereotype. The price he quoted was very competitive.
The installation of our system went well and it was all done in the time frame mentioned. Installers were friendly and courteous.
Craig organized the grid connection smoothly after the install.

High quality installation

Craig provided good advice on selecting products and sizing the equipment. Alex and his team installed the equipment the following week with no issues. The conduit and cabling was run neatly and equipment was professionally labelled.

Phenomenal Options, Service and Installation - Heartedly recommend this gem of a solar company

Craig and his Xpert Energy team, including Alex and Jed, were fantastic!

From the initial (and very thorough) site inspection Craig was able to provide detailed and considered options that suited out objectives and requirements. And we had a complex set of requirements, long wiring connection to the street, converting from off grid to on grid, new panels on a second roofline. Probably more challenges that you'd find in 5 homes ... and none of it was insurmountable for Craig and team.

I was open with Craig and told him I'd shop around to compare, and whilst other companies were close in price - no one else was able to provide the creative solution options, level of service or value that Craig and Xpert Energy brought to the table.

Honest company, good quality products with great warranties, and fantastic service.

Literally a superb team and job!
I'm that impressed I've already recommended them to family and friends! Can't be more happy than that.

Excellent from the first phone call

A work colleague of mine referred Craig to me and he has been brilliant from the first phone call to installation. My install was difficult given the roof angle, however this wasn't an issue for the team. The installation was on-time and the team left the house neat and tidy. The overall installation exceeded my expectations and I'd be happy to recommend Craig and his team.

Amazing work and service!

Craig is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The installation team were all great and helpful. Customer service is second to none! Highly recommended.

Great value for money Install

Installers turned up on time on one of the hottest days of the year. Nice and tidy install, no mess left behind. Power was cut for slightly longer than planned due to a few issues with the house, but that would have happened with any installer

Recommend to anyone

Craig was incredibly informative and gave us three options that would suit our home/needs. He was the only one who had a detailed video that was customised for us and our home and I’ve went as far as having a topical view of our house mapping out where the panels would go! Their was no issues with supply and booking in our job - his team were incredible! The team he had were professional, hard working and easy to get along with. Our job was quite big so it took two days - his team had the dedication to stay incredibly late one evening to get it all set up. This blew my mind. I would highly recommend Craig & his team to anyone who is looking at getting solar - instantly we were generating more power than what we use! We are seeing a return straight away! Thank you Craig and please thank your amazing team! Cassie & Jack

Great job guys.

I am extremely happy with the work and workers,very organized and great service.

Excellent experience

We approached a number of solar installers and Craig from Xpert Energy was, by far, the most approachable, informative and professional supplier. He instantly understood our requirements, did not pressure us to commit, and gave us very useful and tailored advice in response to our current and future needs. In particular, Craig is very good and patient at explaining solar to first-time buyers. In the end, we chose to install a 10KW system (Sungrow inverter, Sumec Phono panels) and the price was very competitive. Throughout the whole process, Craig provided excellent customer service and was always available to answer questions and monitor the process. His team was professional and helpful, taking the time to think about the best panel configuration for our roof, ensuring we were satisfied. The materials used for installation were high quality and they left our property clean and tidy. Overall, we're very happy with our experience and our system is delivering excellent results. Thanks to Craig and the team for your expertise and integrity!

Fantastic service!

Loved using Xpert Energy, from initial quote to final install. Really great experience. Very competitive prices

Very happy

Useful solar system advice, easy quote process and polite, tidy and punctual installation. It all went very smoothly and the team was a delight to work with.

Since the team are electricians, I also employed them on another job in the house, at the same time as the solar installation, and was very happy with that too.

Xpert Energy = Very happy customer!!

The consultation and quote process with Craig was seamless! He responded to my inquiry in a timely manner and was quick to set up a meeting that was convenient to my schedule. Craig is incredibly knowledgeable and provided a solar solution that was appropriate and practical for my lifestyle needs and wants. Pricing was extremely competitive and affordable for the system size and quality equipment that I received. My installation happened only a few short weeks later and was completed within 1.5 days. Craig’s team are incredibly professional, polite and all round top quality tradesman. They worked hard, cleaned up after themselves, showed me how to download and read/understand the information in the iSolarCloud app, and ensured that I was happy and had all necessary information prior to finishing up the job. Post installation also went smoothly. Craig takes care of this by communicating with Energex and all you have to do is forward on a number (that Craig provides you once your installation is complete) to your energy provider. I am so so impressed with Xpert Energy and will be recommending them to my family, friends and anyone interested in solar!!

Great work, tidy installation and house looks great.

Great job. Technicians turned up early, knocked it over in a day, and tidied up after themselves. Took the time to run me through what they had done, how it all worked, and made sure the smart meter was connected, and my app was working correctly before they left. Confirmed that if I have any issues to call them directly and they'll come back out. Not expecting issues but nice to know that I'm not going to get palmed off to a 3rd party if I do have a problem.

Outstanding - 11 out of 10

From beginning to end the service was outstanding! The initial visit was prompt, professional and informative. The quote was timely and rich in information which allowed us to understand both the process and what would work best for us. The installation all went to plan, and the team were so respectful (& quiet). Even as we navigated through the digital meter connection Craig was there for us helping.
We cannot speak more highly of Craig and his team. We have suggested him to a friend and they also have enjoyed the same professional service.
Would we recommend Xpert Energy? Most definitely - 11 out of 10.

Great service!!!

Craig was excellent to deal with and he takes pride in his business and the level of service provided.

Any problems were resolved immediately and politely.

The process from obligation free quote and home visit to design and installation of the system exceeded my expectations.

Good quality for your money

Expert Energy will provide you with the best gear on the market to suit your needs without the pushy brand sale tactics. I did my own research and they gave me a very competitive price and backed it with an awesome installation. Nothing was too hard for the installation team and they did a neat job. They arrived on time and cleaned up after the install. They also take care of all the paperwork to get connected and follow up on the connection process.

Professional Service Provided, Highly Recommended

Sales quoting was very informative, Installation went to plan, turned up on date & time agreed, guys were very Polite, neat job carried out, we are very happy with the Service provided.

Highly recommended .

Sales/quoting- Craig responded very quickly with all communications and was easy to deal with. He is very knowledgeable and been in the industry for many years. Gave good advice which was backed up by what we had read. Nothing was too much trouble- taking away our old panels and positioning our meter on a southern wall, whereas no other company had even mentioned they would

Installation- Every went so very well. The company electricians (not contractors) came when they said they would, were very polite and respectful. They informed us of different parts of the process and cleaned up any mess they made. They were very professional

We would highly recommend this company. Our son in law who is an electrician, got up on the roof to have a look at the job they did and he was so impressed with the quality of the work. The cabling was in conduit and they used stainless steel cable ties whereas some other companies do not. They have a very good attachment system for the roof.

Nothing to complain about

Craig was really professional and polite. The installation was good. The experience wasn’t stressful in any way.

Highly recommend A1

The team at Xpert Energy have gone on to deliver an excellent all round experience from start to finish and taking care of everything with great advice from Craig and excellent workmanship from his team, highly recommend if your looking at solar.

Good installers

The installers did a fantastic job. They were polite and tidy. They did a good job of the three phase upgrade and configuring the Tesla to 3phase. Thanks so much!

Fanatastic installer

Quoting service easy and straight forward
The two installers, Adrian and Jed both lovely guys, polite and very helpful, were more than happy to answer any questions that i had. The site was left immaculate after completion of the solar panel installation.Adrian took me through the system and explained all in detail on completion.

Would highly recommend there services

Honest and professional Solar Installer.

From the very start Craig was very professional and upfront with what he could provide. At no stage did he push a particular product but instead asked what research I had done and what products I was leaning towards. He then gave his professional view on what he thought was good and what was worth staying away from. Craig was also more than happy to help with any questions even prior to me deciding to go with their services.

The Installation itself was conducted at a very high standard. The boys were on time, polite and happy to answer any questions we had. They even brought our bins in and feed our dog's smoko. All rubbish was removed and a thorough hand over of the system was conducted.

The customer service provided by Xpert Energy and Craig is exceptional. The kind of service you expect from a company that honestly cares about their customers and the service they provide.

Couldn't be happier

I was originally recommended 3 different solar installers by friends and colleagues and another 3 by SolarQuotes. After meeting with all of them and reviewing their proposals, they all seemed to be a good fit for what I was looking for, but in the end, Xpert Energy came up heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of the perfect fit at the right price. Craig was professional, helpful and friendly from the onset and was available at any time when I had questions prior to the install. The installation itself was faultless, punctual, tidy and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I would be happy to recommend Craig to any of my friends and family

Professional and well priced with great customer service.

Craig came out to the house and discussed our solar options. He was knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. He was very prompt with responding to any questions we had. His team of installers were on time, professional and made sure to tidy up after they had completed their work. Everything was organised for us and the only thing we had to do was call our electricity provider to organise a solar meter which Craig provided us the instructions for.

Xpert Energy made our solar installation easy and we found Craig to be very trustworthy. We are currently getting 28kWh/per day in the middle of winter (on a 6.6kWh system) so very happy with our purchase.

Excellent Service

Craig from Xpert Energy offered great knowledge and efficient service in providing quote. Installation was booked and completed on agreed date and very organised on the day. Follow up and assistance once provider organised in turning on inverter. Very happy customers!

Extremely happy and satisfied

I am extremely happy with the solar service provided by Craig and his team. The whole process has been smooth and stress-free. Craig is very reliable, punctual, friendly and has extensive knowledge of solar installation and the options available. The work was completed as promised and to schedule, and his team were fabulous: friendly, polite, hardworking and tidy. I am very happy we chose Craig and his team at Xpert Energy to install our solar panels and will definitely recommend him to our family and friends.

Nicola.

A great customer experience from the initial engagement to completed installation

Craig came to my home to review my premises, roof alignment and external environmental factors. This was important to me as there are shading issues not evident in street views available (if available) via online map systems. Craig also spoke with me around some of the factors that were important to me and treated me like a valued customer (even though I was only a 'potential' customer at the time. Craig maintained excellent communication throughout and provided timely updates as situations changed. The installers were polite professional and provided a great installation. Activation was a breeze and I have been happy since.

Quality local service

Pleasure dealing with Craig and his team. From initial quotation through to installation.

Fantastic Installer! Amazing Customer Service!

A huge thanks to Xpert Energy Pty Ltd, the whole process was simple and easy. Everything was explained in a simple and easy to understand manner. They were punctual, the installation was smooth and the guys were lovely & polite. An absolute pleasure. The customer service was second to none. Once the job was completed they took the time to go through everything with us and ensured that the connection to the grid was completed.

No hassles from my first phone call..

Thanks to the team for a fantastic solar package... from the first contact to the installation of the 6.6kw system .. I am wrapped..

First Class Job

Very happy with the workmanship, quality of the system and price. Would highly recommend to others.

Trustworthy and reliable.

Sales quoting process was smooth and everything was explained in detail to us. The team was punctual and very polite during the installation process. They respected the house and they cleaned up afterwards. The team ensured that the connection to the grid was completed and that we were all connected. We would highly recommend them for any installation.

Excellent service

Having recently experienced the replacement of damaged solar panels by our insurers contracrors we were pleasantly surprised to have found an experienced and expert technician who explained every detail about the correct installation and the importance of maintenance of our panels. Craig was very prompt to attend our home, thoroughly inspect our panels and provide feedback on errors made by the previous technicians. He was also one of the most responsive tradespeople we’ve dealt with in keeping in touch, providing a prompt quote, organising the date for installation, carrying out the installation and providing details of the works completed with maintenance advice. We’re very happy with all aspects of the service provided and won’t hesitate to engage Craig again.

Good advice and excellent service.

Really good advice regarding the best repair/replacement options and excellent installation and prompt service when engaged to install replacement inverter.

Professional Service and Installation

Informative quoting process, explained the different systems available and recommended the best one for us,once we decided on the system to install, booking was made and team arrived, staff very polite, well presented and on time. Craig kept us informed of the progress and the job was completed to a high standard. Would definitely recommend his company services. We even had him to some electrical work for us as he is also a registered electrician.

Fantastic installer

Very easy to arrange quote with Craig. Explained process to me in a way that was easy for me to understand. Thoroughly checked all issues and did not exceed the amount I was quoted. Installation was done very efficiently, checked with me when Installation was completed that I was happy with the job. Very helpful and friendly throughout the whole process. Would recommend this provider to anyone.

A Ray of Sunshine

Craig came out to have a look at a solar system that we had that was not working and gave us a quote to replace our old solar panels that were not working any more and he was very polite and helpful. Craig and his mate came out on the day that we had booked to have the work done they were very punctual and got to work right away they were very tidy and cleaned up well after they were finished. Craig checked up with us a week later to make sure every thing was OK. I would give them 10 out of 10 Thanks Guys.

Excellent service

Freindly service, prompt and professional. Repairs carried out quickly and cost effectivley. Would use again.

Easy to work with.

Craig went above board to attend and diagnose the faults and gave precise advice on the solution.

Honest and reliable

We had the pleasure of having Craig out to look over our existing solar install at our recently purchased home. From the initial phone call, rescheduling due to local area restrictions, through o follow up emails after the visit, Craig was a delight.

He was polite, friendly and skilled in his assessment. His expert opinion of our failing system was welcomed and we look forward to working with him again when the time comes to replace.

I would not hesitate to recommend Craig to anyone looking to install solar power.

Great installer

Craig was great to deal with and very professional. Would recomend him to anyone.