AC Electrical - Bundaberg/Fraser Coast/Gladstone Solar

AC Electrical - Bundaberg/Fraser Coast/Gladstone Solar Reviews

Bundaberg/Fraser Coast/Gladstone Solar have been servicing the Wide Bay/Burnett/Capricornia area since 2009. We only use tier 1 panels and focus on high quality inverters. Our solar equipment and installation is backed by our own qualified CEC accredited electricians (no sub-contractors). We service what we sell.

We have installed 1000's of solar installations on many iconic locations in our local area both residentially and commercially. We pride ourselves on offering onsite consultations with our customers, walking through the entire solar process from sale through to installation with ongoing after sales service

Reviewers report paying: $4,900 - $7,950 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

AC Electrical - Bundaberg/Fraser Coast/Gladstone Solar Reviews (125)

4.4/5

Extremely easy to deal with.

Very easy quote. I originally only wanted, or needed, my inverter replaced, then I enquired about the possibility of adding extra solar panels. Within a few hours l received an email with an Aerial view of our house, showing a picture of our existing panels as well as a picture of the new array of panels in the position they would be installed. They did all the work with Ergon to find out how many panels I was allowed etc….

Very competitive price and all done over the phone or via email.
Installation was easy and quick, and 4 days earlier than quoted. Panels look great, my only concern was the excess rail, or track, that extends 150mm from both end of the panels, but looking around it appears fairly common.

Customer service was great, I didn’t have to do a thing to have them connected to the grid, they did the lot, they even ran me through how to get the app for my phone and how to connect it to my inverter. Now I can see all my Solar Inverter data on my phone no matter where I am.
Very happy with the company, service and the product.

From start to finish, a wholly professional job and team.

From the office staff to the installers, everyone is friendly, professional and helpful. All we had to do was ring for a quote, organise a date and time for installation and they did everything else. We used them on our previous residence, so it was natural that we would use them again for our new residence.

Installer very professional in workmanship

Installers turned up when they said they would and completed the job in a timely fashion.
Thank you.

Impressive sales advice and installation

An experienced and helpful sales person who answered all questions patiently and followed up promptly. Installation was arranged smoothly, fitting in to dates the suited us, and the install crew were a dream to have on the property - polite, clean, helpful and very efficient.

The workmanship appears to be excellent (but I'm not getting up on that roof).

The grid connection is not complete yet, and this will be a real test, as some people have reported that the follow up is where delays can happen and paperwork can get lost. We shall see....

Friendly customer service and good quality work

My enquiry via solar quotes was quickly responded to with a phone call from Geoff who gathered enough information about what I wanted and what I knew about solar and this was followed up with an email with 3 system configurations containing photos of potential panel layout.

Geoff followed up with an inspection at the house where he provided plenty of information directed to our level of knowledge about solar (we had solar at a previous house) and ensured the layout from the quotes would match the property. Geoff was personable, knowledgeable and avoided any pushy sales tactics. When the inverter we had decided on became unavailable, Geoff contacted us with options and we got the newer model at the original quoted price.

When our order arrived the team arranged a time to fit the system that suited us. The installation team were friendly and professional. They finished the job in the one day, fit an finish was of a high standard and they explained the shutdown procedure and WIFI connection before they left.

It is only day 3 of the installation at this stage but so far we have been very happy with everything. Everyone we dealt with in all stages of process were polite, professional and knowledgeable. We are planning on using the business for air-conditioning and battery installation in the future.

We highly recommend this business.

Amazing to deal with from start to finish!

From the first phone call, the team at Bundaberg Solar was amazing. Geoff promptly came out for a site inspection and answered all our questions, explained the whole process and made sure we understood everything. No pushy sales techniques or exaggerations - just good old fashioned honesty.

The installation team were prompt, professional and hard working. They explained everything they were doing, and worked all day to get the system installed, before coming back to finish the wiring and hook up the inverter. They were all super friendly, and their work is top-notch. All wiring is clean and tucked away which is a bonus - you can tell they take pride in their work.

I cannot recommend Bundaberg Solar higher. If you're looking to get solar installed, at a good price and high standard of workmanship then look no further.

Professional

Installation all went as the salesman said it would. Very professional.

Detailed quote, prompt service, excellent follow up.

The quote supplied by Geoff was detailed, informative and prompt. Geoff is very knowledgeable and personable, he was a pleasure to deal with. While we took our time to decide the follow up from Geoff / AC Electrical was excellent and any changes we wanted were no problem. By the time we made our decision the install was quick and professional. The team were lovely to have at our home and did a super job.
Overall we're really happy with our choice.
Sadly it's the electricity provider now who holds it all up before we can start to enjoy the savings!

Prompt and professional

The quote was professional and promptly done, with two tiers of options provided. They were open and helpful in amending the quote to specifics I wanted to add. Explanations on technical aspects of the installation and products were helpful and easy to understand.

The installation was fantastic, the workers were tidy, punctual, professional and polite. The installation looks great. I also appreciate that the Sungrow inverter was correctly setup and connected to our wifi. Connection to my inverter via the app was simple.

Ergon came and did their bit and that was no hassle

Original Review on 27-12-2020:

Good workmanship, but would have been good to be immediately hooked up to App

Sales and quotes-fast and obliging to chance things
Installation was prompt, but only got 12 hrs notice so had to go to work while they did the install. Good workmanship
Good customer service up to the point of installation, they did organise grid connection. However as inverter doesn’t have screen, you need the App to see if system is working. Whilst plenty of paperwork supplied, no information supplied on App, the login process etc at time of installation. This required follow up phone calls to the company to resolve. This could be improved.

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, our monthly bill is now $5-30 depending on whether our teenage son has been home for a week or two running the split system air conditioning or we have had to put the booster on for the solar hot water. This is with a $25 monthly fee from electricity provider. System has worked well.

Best Service

Customer service, installation and professionalism was/is amazing. Highly recommend this company for solar installation. They turn up on time! Great follow-up service. One VERY HAPPY customer!

Friendly and helpful

Friendly and helpful staff from initial quote to installation, great service.

Highly professional team

The team who installed our solar panels plus hot water system worked well as a team highly professional . Very polite would highly recommend them Thankyou Geoff

Great local company

AC Electical were processional and easy to get along with. The team worked very efficiently together and were very polite and had good communication skills.
The installation of our system was well done from start to finish, we are happy the the product they have recommended. We would definitely recommend them.

Honest & Reliable

Tried getting quotes from other companies and we were given the run-a-round. Contacted AC Electrical and the response was same day.

The guys came around and checked the old system and discovered a faulty panel. They quickly removed this and had the system up and running again.

We decided to replace old with new and I have nothing but praise for the service including timing. The installers were polite and removed all the old panels to be recycled. Excellent work.

Hybrid solar ready for battery.

13.26Kw hybrid solar system ready for battery install at a later date.

After getting callbacks after using solar quotes I went with AC ELectrical Bundaberg because they called back promptly and gave me heaps of information and answered all my questions without trying to sell me anything I didn't want.

Geoff the salesman came out to answer more questions and spent the time to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted.

After the electricity supply company approved the installation was arranged for a couple of days after that.

The team of 4 installers arrived exactly when they said they would and hopped straight to work and worked efficiently all day, they were all very friendly and cleaned up after themselves as they worked.

The installation was very neat and tidy looking.

Good installation

I found Geoff to be very informative and thorough in the information he gave me during the quotation, he was very helpful in all aspects and I was only too pleased to accept the quote.

The guys were very efficient during the installation and seemed to work very well together. There was no mess left behind and they consulted me if they had any queries about where conduit etc, should be routed.

They organised the grid installation for me and it is now fully operational.

Great experience from start to finish

The whole process was easy from start to finish. Very professional in all communications and installation. Highly recommend

Excellent customer service and top notch installers

Very happy with the end result of my solar installation from AC Electrical in Bundaberg. The installers despite arriving a little late than expected still installed our solar system within the same day. Jake and the guys were efficient and very knowledgeable of their products and services, they even made sure that all my questions/queries were answered. We are now enjoying the system and I particularly like how I can track my usage through the app. Last but not least a big thanks to Geoff and the whole team for making all of this possible, could not be happier with the level of customer service I received. Well done AC Electrical I will be recommending you to anyone!!!

First class all the way,

Geoff and the team were excellent highly recommend the whole process was easy and top quality workmanship.

Well done

Well explained thanks Geoff .Installers Done great job up and running same day.overall very happy thank you.

Solar @ Childers

Installed a bit behind original schedule (3wks).competent/professional installers.unsure if system is signed off by Ergon & will check.

Oh what a lovely feeling!!

Quote in December 2020 for installation mid January 2021. Installed as quoted on time without fuss or drama. Installers very helpful. The system is functioning as installed. Customer service was 100 %.

Solar installation to be proud of!

I had been studying solar before calling Geoff from AC Electrical. Geoff was honest and helpful in explaining the system and how it would operate under our current electrical demands. Installation was excellent and the boys even sorted out a couple of additional electrical problems with the house. All at a reasonable price with a payback of 7 - 8 years with approx. calculations. The system has been running for just under a month without issue. The 2 x 4.8kWh Sungrow batteries run the house at night, in the morning they recharge using the 9.6kW PV solar. The batteries are fully charged by 9:00am then the PV solar heats the hot water system in the middle of the morning. In the afternoon I charge my electric car while the sun remains in the sky. All powered by the sun. Also the peace of mind with sustained Battery Backup. Even during prolonged grid failures or black outs, the house continues to run, powering fridges, lights, power points etc. I have used only 11kWh from the grid so far. Very happy and highly recommend Geoff and the team.

Faultless service & installation

From the beginning to the end of Solar installation it was well coordinated. The team worked well together, very tidy and respectful. The installation of solar and 2 other projects completed in just over one day.
We would highly recommend AC Electrical Bundaberg for any electrical work & solar installation, very efficient team.
Thanks to all.

Free the Sun

I bought this place in Bundaberg in July.
And have been going about getting back into the 21st century, Solar is a no brainer if you are a home owner today, and of course, if your house is in the sun a lot.
Firstly I needed a new roof, as the person quoting suggested it, was at least todays standard, e.g roof screws not nails.
and they would have to remove and replace these anyway (the nails not the roof)
I went about and got an entirely new roof, This was some months after the quote, I called and said the roof was done, and they were here within a couple of weeks.
I was surprised as to the efficiency of their team.
It took only a day and a half for it all to be done,, I had a lot of other stuff installed as well, 15 downlights, several room fans, powerpoints, but still only 1.5 days, amazing.

The price was the best part, I didn't bother going to one of these ads on the telly, prefer to keep it local.
Equal to if not better than the pressure sellers on TV.

I got a 5.5 kw and am now enjoying FREE air cond during the day, I look forward to my first Ergon bill.

Great company to deal with prompt service and great after sales service I would strongly recommend them for any solar needs

The whole process was perfect from the sales (who went out of his way to explain everything to us thanks Geoff )to the installation guys and after sales service great work they made the experience easy I would strongly recommend them for all your needs

Awesome service

When we contacted Bundy solar we had our quote in under a week and installation within the following month great quality prompt and efficient service and a very competitive quote!! Couldn’t be happier
Cheers guys and a huge Thankyou to Geoff

Good product, non-existent after sales service

Good installing, good sales work, nice product, but absolutely no after sales service.
Had to ring them heaps of times to come out here, they just don't seem to care.
One month to answer emails.
I paid $15,000 for this solar panels and battery and they don't seem to care once they have my money.

Was contacted by AC Electrical bundaberg immeadiately. They provided me with plaenty of imformation and options that suiterd my requests.

-Fantastic and prompt
-Install was great. 3 fellas showed up at 730am and got stuck in. They also made some suggestions with orientation to maximize my yields. I asked for specific locations for some conduits in order to keep things neat and tidy - more than happy to oblige.
- had a few issues with the monitoring app that the office guys helped me solve. One stop shop, my excess solar was feeding into the grid that afternoon.

Very helpful

We have already installed one system on our home in town 10kw and in a couple of weeks we will be installing another on our farm house 13kw so far everyone from sales to install was very helpful and quality workmanship we would highly recommend them

Original Review on 13-12-2019:

Great sales, customer service and installation for a very good price. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rod: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Fantastic service

We recently in stalled a 6.6kw solar system
They were professional from the very beginning to end and answered any concerns I had .I would highly recommend them for any project .

Excellent Service

Our system was installed 3 weeks ago and so far we are really impressed. The guys from Bundaberg solar were fantastic. We would happily recommend them to any one that is looking for a professional installation with having all options clearly laid out for you.

Original Review on 05-11-2019:

Job was done on time, the installers were very informative

quoting was easy to understand process was good, installation was tidy and punctual, kept in the loop at all times, grid conection all organised by AC Electrical they organised the lot Original ratings

7 months later we asked Arthur: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes running like clockwork no complaints

satisfied customer

Very happy with the whole experience. The installers were professional and were happy to answer all my questions. The product is high quality and reliable. We are glad we chose Bundaberg Solar for our installation and would recommend them to anyone.

Solar installation

Great company to deal with. Always kept me in the loop with installation times. Top bunch of young blokes that did the work. Highly recommend them.

Great Local Service

The whole process from beginning to end was excellent. Geoff was a phone call away at all times and due to the COVID 19 there was a slight delay in installation. We were kept up to date every step of the way. Can’t recommend Bundaberg Solar highly enough. It’s great to deal with a local company where everything ran so smoothly.

good company to deal with

great service, competent tradies. job done in good time and left clean and tidy. quality parts and no hassles at all. ten out of ten all the way

Great solar setup

What a great team.
There was no hard sell, just facts.
They were spot on with the timings.
The installers were a friendly and efficient crew.
I couldn’t be happier.

Great service and communication

Great service from Geoff and the team from quoting to installation. Organised for ergon to change meter as well.

Installers both curious and helpful. Everything was left in a very tidy condition. Thank you.

The company arrived when they said they would
were very helpful and done a very good job and cleaned up after.

Nice Job well done

Job went super smoooth thanks boys,now for some cheaper bills..

Excellent service!

Geoff and the rest of the team provided excellent and prompt service through all steps of the process. The system itself is all that we expected and the follow up customer service has been great. Would recommend AC Electrical without hesitation.

all went according to plan

installer was efficient and grid connection was organised by them

Easy to deal with

Found the entire team exceptionally professional & easy to deal with, the sales guy Geoff is a legend! :) The installation was completed on time and worked around a current tenant we had residing at the property, good job all round!

Very professional from quote to installation

Very Happy with the final result, it was a big job on a rural property high roof. The team that worked on it did it quickly and efficiently, were a pleasure to have at our house and we have had our first energy bill since installation and it was a credit. Now we have power regardless of the grid status.

Great experience

Easy to deal with from the beginning and Geoff was patient while I asked for multiple product combination quotes. Gave excellent advice. A company with morals too, which is brilliant. Installation on time and done well! Paperwork to retailer very prompt. Just got first bill and credit straight up!! Very impressed. Highly recommend.

Original Review on 10-04-2019:

Problem with Ergon Energy and connection of solar to their system. Trying to rectify this now Original ratings

8 months later we asked Babs: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. We are now in credit with the electricity supplier

Great service, competitve pricing same for same. Quality product. Able to upgrade hot water system at same time. Quick response to minor issue before Ergon updated electrical box. Very informative about data management options. Local service provider.