Chief Electricians Pty Ltd

DETAILS
95% 0%
4.9

Based on 128 ratings

Chief Electricians is a local solar energy retailer and installer, with over 10 years of experience in the renewable energy space. As a New Energy Tech Approved Seller, we can help eligible homeowners apply for the Victorian Solar Rebate, giving you the greatest possible saving on your system.

We utilise exclusively in-house CEC Accredited Designers and Installers, that use cutting edge software and internal governance frameworks to make sure our solar systems are installed efficiently and with absolute precision. We know how important it is to provide you with absolute peace of mind and the security of knowing that your solar installer is exactly who you signed up for.

Unlike hundreds of our competitors, we don’t use external sub-contractors, meaning we can confidently ensure the same standard of experience and reliability on all our jobs. In other words, the Chief Electricians team will provide a comprehensive start-to-finish service.

• In-house team of expertly trained electricians, no use of external sub-contractors.
  • Obligation free site inspections for all installs
  • Comprehensive and concise quotes, with no hidden costs.
  • Tailored solutions for you and your home, we will never sell you a system over the phone.
  • Strong warranty and installation guarantees, we stand behind our work and workers.

Reviewers report paying: $3,300 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Chief Electricians Pty Ltd Reviews (128)

Recommend Chief Electricians 100%

Adam and the team were very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and punctual.
Adam and Hamish have a world of knowledge. They were happy to answer any questions that I had (I had a lot)!
I would recommend them to anyone wanting a quality installation.
The guys were punctual, professional and very tidy.
A job well done.

5 Star Customer Service

Adam and the team at Chief Electricians have been fantastic to work with. Great communication, really supportive in designing the system and high quality installation. The team have also continued with great after care support months after the system was installed.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Trustworthy and personalised service

Made quotes nice and easy. Gave us find different quotes with different inverters and different number of solar panels.

If I wanted to change the number of panel or inverter? Easy. Just a text and it was done.

The installation itself was quick and tidy. No mess left behind. Connection to the grid/app and clear instruction about how to contact the energy providers.

Very impressive - Peace of mind

A very imporessive caring crew, professional every step of the way, from enquiry to operation.

Their quote was timely, thought though and discussed, they help me know what I need to know to make the the right choice

Chief's team were exceptionally polite, respectful and took great care through out the installation and commissioining.

Everyone in the team took huble pride in their workmanship and were both easy going and professional.

Polite, respectful, caring professionals with exceptional workmanship. They left our premises cleaner than wehn they started.

The manual was a fantastic, unexpected, measure of how much they cared.

We are loving the sumertime "free" power, thanks for your guidance on "shifting" our habits to maximise our savings.

110% recommend this young local crew, no sub sub sub contracts, we dealt with the owner of the company.

Many Thanks evryone involved.

High Quality Service - Fantastic Installer

End to end service was outstanding. Team were patient though the quoting and my system size decision process and the installation was seamless. The provide detail accurate quotes and work with you. They also did a site visit for the quote. The team were on time, left the site clean and tidy and there was continuous communication in regards to all elements of the installation. They took care of all paperwork requirements and assistance claiming solar rebates and loan applications. I could not recommend Adam and the team more highly, very professional team with old fashioned values and service standards.

Exceptional Solar Panel Installation Experience

From start to finish, my experience with Chief Electrician for our solar panel installation was outstanding. Right from our initial consultation, it was clear that they prioritized customer service and transparency. Adam took the time to thoroughly explain the process, the benefits of solar energy, and how we could maximize our investment. Adam was the only one (out of the three quotes given) who went up the roof to do formal measurements.

The installation team was professional, efficient, and respectful of our property. They arrived on time (sometimes early), completed the installation ahead of schedule, and ensured everything was clean and in order before they left. What impressed me the most was their attention to detail and the care they took to ensure the panels were perfectly aligned and aesthetically pleasing on our roof. The team was also able to relocate a TV antenna and install a 15 amp socket for our EV charging without a subcontractor.

I cannot recommend Chief Electrician highly enough for anyone considering solar energy. Their commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, and sustainable energy solutions is evident in every aspect of their work. Going solar was a significant decision for us, and Chief Electrician made the process seamless and rewarding.

Seamless customer journey

I recently had the pleasure of working with Chief Electricians to install a solar system at my house, and I am happy with the experience. From start to finish, the customer journey was seamless, with clear communication and prompt responses from Adam to any questions I had. The installation process itself was smooth and efficient, with minimal disruption to my daily routine. I also want to commend installers Trevor, Luke, Charlie, and Jack for their professionalism and expertise—they worked tirelessly to ensure everything was installed correctly. I highly recommend Chief Electricians for anyone considering solar installation.

Excellent customer service and installation.

Adam and the team were great to deal with. Provided helpful info to inform our choice of EV charger. Excellent communication during installation process and afterwards. System has been working well since. Looking at upgrading our solar system with Chief Electricians in the future as well.

Awesome job, on time and on budget

Luke turned up and work through a complex install and did it flawlessly.

He communicated through the whole process and deliver a great finished product.

Very happy customer

I recently had the pleasure of working with Chief Electricians for my solar panel installation, and I couldn't be happier with the experience. From start to finish, their team was professional, knowledgeable, and incredibly efficient. They took the time to assess my property, answer all my questions, and design a customized solar solution that perfectly fit my needs. The installation process was seamless, with the crew arriving on time and completing the job with precision and care. The quality of their workmanship and the top-notch products they use give me confidence in the long-term performance of my solar system. Plus, their customer service is exceptional – they were always available to address any concerns and provide guidance every step of the way. I highly recommend Chief Electricians to anyone considering solar energy for their home or business. They truly exceeded my expectations, and I'm thrilled with the results!

Awesome team!

Cannot rate Adam and the team more highly on all levels from the quoting phase right through to the install. Had complete confidence with Adam from the beginning with his knowledge and understanding of our roof and the system that we needed. The team of installers were incredibly hard working and their workmanship was neat and well carried out. Absolutely thrilled with the end result and with the professionalism shown by the Chief Electricians team. Highly recommend them, they were awesome!

Fantastic Service and Installation

The process was great from start to finish! Chief Electricians were very helpful offering suggestions and recommendations on a system that would be most suitable for our home whilst also working within our budget. Communication throughout was very good as we were always kept in the loop with the next steps. The installation was very neat and the positioning of panels and inverter was well considered. I could not fault their workmanship and attention to detail.

I would highly recommend Chief Electricians!

Fantasic Customer Service and Quality Installation

The team at Chief Electricians were overall fantastic to work with during our solar journey. We had many quotes from an array of solar companies. Everything from big state and big national companies to more independent local solar companies like Chief.

Our process from research to install probably took the best part of 3-4 months and all through the journey Chief was more than happy and willing to provide information and debunk inaccuracies of other solar companies. The solar industries is full of complexities and companies slagging off other companies to get a leg up. Some companies will tell you anything for you to buy their solution. One of the best things about Chief is they will be honest about the pros and cons of all products even the ones they sell to ensure you purchase the right system for your requirements.

The team that did the installation was on time and walked through the process of the installation in detail with pictures of where things were going to go. I asked lots of questions and no question was a silly question. The team were happy to answer anything. One thing that was a big selling point for me is that the team from quoting through to installation were all Chief employees. No subcontractors that come and go.

The team at Chief handled all the inspections, grid connections and meter reconfiguration. The process was really handled end to end with communications throughout the whole journey.

I'll definitely get the team back when it's time to add more panels or get a battery or an EV charger for the electric car.

Fantastic installer

I first spoke to Adam over the phone. I found him a genuine honest person that I can trust and do business with.
We discussed the system the brands that he suggest and recommend. With an EV we looking at something a little over 6.6kw and Adam suggested 8.8kw. Adam was very helpful and his ideas and recommendations and of course pricing made decision making a smooth process.
Adam came personally, went up the roof and quickly came up with a design which we agree and happy to go with.
A date was arranged for the installation and the team headed by Luke impressed from day one. They were polite introducing themselves and went on the job they came to do.
They finished mainly the brackets and electrical work on day one , before they left bits and pieces were cleaned up. My wife and I couldn’t have been more pleased.
Day two the team were right on time and they lifted and passed the panels skilfully and professionally without breaking a single roof tile.
The installation completed they organised the grid connection and explained the SEMS app and how to use in detail.
Again the place was left tidy and rubbish cleared.
The team left with the assurance they are just a phone call away, and happy to answer any questions.

Couldn't be happier!

First class from the word go! Adam, Hamish and the team were fantastic! After a very prompt initial contact, conversation and remote quote, Adam came out to survey the site and provide a firmer quote. Once accepted, installation was a breeze - the team were punctual, tidy and the workmanship was great. Post installation, everything was simple as the team also assisted with the inspection and connections required. Super happy customer and highly recommend Chief Electricians.

Highly Recommend Chief Electrical - just brilliant

Every part from getting a quote to the final installation was professional and simple, with nothing is too hard for them.

The installers were great, just got on with it and ensured everything was left clean and tidy when they finished.

Adam and Hamish just kept us fully informed all the way through the process.

Flawless Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) "Car Charger" Install

Chief were very responsive. Prompt returning of emails and calls, quick to carry out an on site visit and then schedule in the work during the Christmas rush.

Very tidy install of the Fronius Wattpilot and some additional data cabling work I needed done as well.

Definitely recommend the team.

Great communication, neat and efficient installation and a very professional team

I got 3 x quotes from Solar Quotes, I read all the reviews and narrowed it down to the two companies that were most reputable, the third was sadly very pushy and called multiple times per day for weeks. I was very happy I went with Chief Electricians. Adam and Hamish run a very professional and well organised company, the quoting process was easy and they presented multiple options for system size and hardware manufacturers to choose from. Adam visited to undertake a site inspection and was friendly and knowledgeable and made some good suggestions. They listened to the brief I gave them specifically regarding the location of the inverter and were more than happy to oblige. Trevor and the team that installed the system were very professional and easy to deal with and the house and yard was left very tidy when they left at the end of the day. Hamish followed up with a user manual and certificate of electrical safety within two days. I highly recommend the team at Chief Electricians and was glad we went with them; they also installed my sister’s system and battery and she had the same experience.

Top notch service with a quality install

Adam and his team at Chief Electricans were great to deal with.

From the onset of the quoting process, I was provided with design options to consider. Adam came out directly for a site visit and talked me through the proposal and options.

My instal was compelled over 2 days and the team were punctual, tidy and answered all questions I had and confirmed everything before they started. They commissioned the system upon completion ensuing I was all set up ready to go.

The service continued post instal with regular comms updating me on next steps including inspection. Needless to say everything is signed off and I have a solar system that is working like a treat.

I can highly recommend Chief Electricans.

Installation of panels

Adam has provided us a quote very quickly in a very professional manner and explained every single step.
The installation has been done on time, the installers were very polite and the tidy up the place after the job was finished.
After the installation has been done Trevor did the grid connection install applications to our phones and has explained how to use it.
He was very polite and helpful.
I will highly recommend this Company to my friends.

The best service and solar solution

Fantastic service from consultation, installation through to use/post sales service. Id strongly recommend Chief Electricians for all your solar

Customer focused before during and after installation

The quote was well documented, easy to understand and competitive. Adam was the only rep who got up on the Vic. Terrace roof to verify details of roof pitch.
He also easily resolved issues about the main switchboard which other reps. had suggested would be costly.
Installation and commissioning through Citypower and AGL went without a hitch. Last but not least the installation techs were friendly, efficient and tidy.
I have had a split system Airconditioner installed by this firm since; with the same high performance.

Professional, considerate installation exactly on time as promised

Thorough on site inspection including on the roof. Clear options presented - size, location on roof, equipment options. Arrived to install exactly at the time promised. Careful, tidy indoors work.

Good services and good solar system.

I've just installed the solar system from Chief electricians.

They provided a very good services and highly recommend to use them.

An incentive was offered by Chief Electricians Pty Ltd for this review. Learn more here.

Chief Electricians - legends from start to finish

Absolutely brilliant. Couldn't be happier with my choice to go with the team at Chief Electricians. I did an extensive shortlisting process and they came out as the best option.

The quoting was transparent and easy to understand.
The install was prompt and tidy. The installers were great people.
Customer service was exceptional from start to finish.

Supply and install a zappi EV charger

A fantastic job all round from first contact with Adam, then the quote and later the install on the arranged day including an upgrade to 3 phase at no additional cost. All those we contacted were polite and helpfull

The work on site was very professionally done and the site was left clean and tidy. We were helped with the app setup and use.

We don't hesitate to recommend Chief Electricians Pty Ltd.

Great company to deal with.

They submitted the quote when they said they would. It was good price with good equipment.There was a bit of a wait before install due ti their bookings. They gave me a date for install and a week before they rang and pulled the job forward which suited me. On the day of install they turned up on time and completed the job in the day. The job was inspected 2 days later and went live. The job was done quickly and efficiently and the place was left clean and tidy. The operation of the inverter was explained to me and I was assisted in setting up the app on my phone for monitoring. Paperwork was submitted promptly.
A great company to deal with. Thank you Finn for your company's input. Solar Quotes did a great job recommending the companies to choose from and following up.

Fantastic installer, couldn’t be happier

Adam and his team were incredible to deal with. It was a little overwhelming deciding which product and quantity to choose as it felt like there are so many options and considerations but Adam talked us through it all in a way that was so easy to understand and didn’t hard sell. He was thorough and super knowledgeable and I loved that he gave optionality with different designs so we could see what we were buying beforehand and make an informed decision.
Great communication and great install, couldn’t be happier.

Solar install Black Rock

Adam and Hamish made the process simple, efficient and most importantly without any dramas. Whilst the initial higher pricing did raise some concerns, Adam and Hamish explained how high quality supplies and not utilising subs cons do come at a premium. The grid looks great, minimalist as requested, transformed my property from bland to one that looks ‘innovative’. Wouldn’t hesitate to utilise these men and their boys on my next properties.

Can't fault the service

Adam responded really quickly to the quote request (through SolarQuotes), and took the trouble to come to site, which gave us more confidence than those who quested based only on satellite photos (especially wrt meter and battery location etc.) He was also really flexible and informative during the process to help us get up to speed with the options.

Installation was scheduled to suit our needs ...albeit the Melbourne weather did cause couple of days delay...and the team was punctual, friendly and spotlessly tidy.

Very happy customer.

The team at Chief Electricians were great to deal with.

Quoting was straight forward, no attempt to up sell. Time was taken to refine and get everything right with the simple goal of “do it once and do it well”.

Chief’s in house install team were well mannered and easy to deal with. Safety was well managed with roof railings and all rubbish was removed from site each day.

Customer service is obviously a big part of Chief Electricians work, and they do it well. We have always felt comfortable in our dealings with any of their staff. We are awaiting grid connection, with Chief involved in setting that up. (Only 1 week post install, takes a few weeks to organise)

We highly recommend Chief Electricians for any solar install.

Professional well informed

So far they have installed base wiring only. Full install next year

Chief Electricians - Top Shelf

Very thorough Adam came out to our house and talked us through the cost, quality, installation process, what would suit our situation and after installation service and back up.

The installation date was brought forward due to bad weather and the fact that we had a flat roof which was safer to work on if wet. The installation went smoothly and efficiently and there was no mess left at all. Gotta love tradesmen who take pride in their work and clean up as they go.

Professional service and top notch work

Hamish, Adam the team was highly professional throughout the solar installation process. From start to end the process was punctual and well communicated. The team did a fantastic installation and multiple quotes were provided to tailor a custom system for my requirements. Overall job was smooth and i highly recommend Chief Electricians team for your Solar Project.

Well done

Sales pitch was straightforward and written presentation excellent
The installers were efficient and very tidy. Happy to highly recommend.

Excellent

Thanks Adam and team, as the ongoing service after installation was excellent.

Every step of the way was explained and was so helpful.

I am happy to recommend Chief Electricians to everyone.

The sales and quotation process went smoothly. Total system price is comparable with those from other installers. The team leaders were very responsive to inquiries and flexible with the options. One thing made me happier during this process was that my house's needs were carefully considered - including the location of the inverter and the wiring, etc.

The installation went very well. We worked together to determine a (soonest) time frame suitable for both sides. The installation team is professional, easy-going, and can well explain what is happening. The installation completed in 2 days and the site was left clean and tidy.

Fantastic installer

Chief Electricians were great. Adam explained everything before our installation day and was easily contactable for any questions. His team are very professional and worked hard to complete the installation, they were punctual, efficient, friendly and helpful, giving me advice on how to install the inverter app on my mobile and cleaning up afterwards.
I highly recommend this company to anyone looking at installing a solar system.

Great to find a business that seems to care about customer value

I looked at four companies to install solar, plus entertained an unsolicited contact from what proved to be a very dodgy operator. I was quite thorough in my comparison between companies, comparing the fine details of each quote on a spreadsheet as well as looking at reviews. Three were all pretty close on most aspects - panels, system, some slight differences in inverter. Price differences were quite minor (around $100). The fourth I think went a bit too hard on the sell and diverged on the offer with a system that was twice as expensive as the rest. What it came down to was Adam - he was one of two quoters that came out to look at the property. He was an electrician. The other was a sales rep. And most importantly, he answered my questions in a simple and easy to understand way and didn’t try to sell me. In fact, he told me what I didn’t need and he explained why. He was also happy to answer my questions and was the most responsive. So even though Chief Electricians were the most expensive (by about $100 I think from the lowest comparable quote), it was the trust and confidence he gave me that ultimately sealed the deal, and the fact that the google reviews backed up that sense and suggested that there was some post install service as well. On the day of the install, the guys were great. They got on with the job and also let me know about some roof tiles that were broken and they replaced them for me while they went. Also, I had decided to get an inverter cover but they told me I didn’t really need it (which was what Adam said). While not having it would have saved me $300, I decided to go with it anyway. They were really respectful of entering the property, always asking permission even though I told them just to come and go as they pleased. Great guys. Wish I’d bought them a carton of beer or something!

Over the moon

This is my second installation by the team at Chief Electricians. Cannot recommend them highly enough. From the first point of contact to the office right through to the installers. Nothing but a grade service and solutions. Don’t hesitate to use their services

Great team at Chief Electricians

We could not recommend Chief Electricians more highly. Adam and his team were absolutely wonderful to deal with, extremely professional, with such high attention to detail and true care and pride in the work they did for us. They provided such knowledgeable support to us and their turn around time was great. We would gladly use their services again and will be recommending them to all of our family and friends!

Fantastic from start to finish

From the start this Hamish and Adam have been fantastic to deal with. They were patient, great to deal with and able to answer any of the questions we had.
They walked us through everything that was required for the rebates and were there for us whenever we needed.
The installation team did an amazing job, my father in law(whos a sparky) even commented on how good a job the team did with the installation.
The app the system uses is very easy to use and gives any information you require in real time.
I should also mention that the price was the most competitive of all the quotes we received!

All over, very professional and would highly recommend these guys to anyone.

Professional & High Quality

I used Chief Electricians for installation of my home EV charging - adding to my existing solar installation. Everything was easy and smooth with Chief Electricians from getting a quote, booking the install then a very professional installation was completed, finishing with installation of the App and training on how to use the new charging hardware. All the wiring is hidden in walls and the ceiling resulting in a very neat fixing of the charger to the wall - good value, efficient install, i was very happy with the experience and the outcome.

Quick and easy quote provided!!!

Very quick and easy quoting process. The team made it very simple for me to obtain a quote to install sollar panels for my client. Really excited to see the finished product

Excellent Job

Could not fault the service. Came when they said they would. Accurate quote with clear options, rapid installation and clear instruction. Follow up excellent, nothing was too much trouble and responded rapidly to enquiries. Organised grid connection, and were always polite.
Very happy.

Great Customer Service

All the team at Chief Electricians were very responsive, helpful and efficient. We had a new EV charger installed in the garage and Adam went the extra mile to answer all the queries and help us decide on which charger was best for us. Then made sure it was installed before the due date of the care. Luke did an amazing job on the day and again nothing was a problem and went through the app with us. Adam also did follow up so we know if any queries as we get going they are only a call away. We'll use them for other electrical work if ever we need an electrician. Great experience.

Professional and great communication!

Was impressed from the word go with Chief Electricians. Getting solar is a learning experience with many different components, brands and variables to consider. The initial quote provided a number of options to explore and both Hamish and Adam were super helpful with answering my myriad of questions and working with me to refine our solar solution. Quote and proposal was firmed up after a site visit to take into account our roof structure and most appropriate positioning of panels. Installation all went smoothly and very pleased with the finished job. Communication was exceptional throughout the process. Whilst I received marginally cheaper quotes from others I felt most comfortable with the information and customer service from Chief Electricians.

I’d absolutely recommend Chief Electricians to anyone considering a Solar install in the area they service!

Excellent customer service, ability to customise and professional approach

Chief Electricians were a pleasure to work with.
They gave a competitive quote.
Adam followed it up with a site visit to confirm everything and customise the system to suit our needs.
The installation team of Luke, Trevor, Charlie and Jack were very professional, taking the time to install, considering the weather and walking us the through the features.
Post installation follow up was also excellent.

Excellent service

Chief Electricians provided me with an online proposal that outlined the entire lifetime value of the solar install, along with a solid value for money system. Adam was quick to visit and confirm my requirements and install was promptly arranged. The installers were friendly, knowledgeable ang helpful. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for both solar or everyday electrical work.

Professional Installer

Quoting was easy and they were good to answer my many questions and make changes during the process to get the system as I wanted. The team was very easy to deal with and checked along the way to ensure I wans happy with what was being done. Customer service was good, with follow-up calls after installation to see how it was all going.