Clayton Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

Clayton Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Based in South Australia, Clayton Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd, formerly Clayton Electrical which was established in 2010, have been providing Solar Power Systems to Adelaide and regional parts of the State for 10 years.

Tim Clayton is a fully accredited solar electrician and along with our team of experienced electricians/installers, we do all the solar installations ourselves, thus enabling us to offer further services including meter box/switchboard upgrades and other required electrical work whilst onsite.

At Clayton Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd we believe we are small enough to offer a personalized service whilst big enough to have strong relationships with our suppliers to offer competitive prices to our customers.

Why not cut out the middleman and deal directly with the installer who will be doing the work.  Phone  0408 844 640  and speak to our friendly team today.

Reviewers report paying: $3,750 - $5,880 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Clayton Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (134)

Fantastic team !

From start to finish the team at Clayton solar and electrical have been exceptional with the service they have provided.
Shane was extremely knowledgeable and guided us through the process , he always got back to me with any information that I requested or had it to me before I'd even thought about it .
The installation crew were very friendly and efficient .
The installation itself is very clean and tidy and they took great care to insure they addressed my pre installation concerns.

Fantastic company to deal with and will be recommending them in the future

Happy Customer

Shane and Stavros looked after me with easy, no fuss, no pressure solar installation.

Original Review on 01-08-2021:

We had a hard time choosing between the 3 companies suggested by Solar Quotes because they were all very good with customer service & quoting. We asked a lot of questions which were always answered promptly, knowledgeably & patiently. We chose ‘Clayton Solar and Electrical’ on price. I would recommend ‘Clayton Solar and Electrical’ and would use them again. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Angela: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

A year since installation and we’re extremely happy with the performance of our solar system.

Brilliant Service from Quote, through installation and ongoing

Through each and every step, Clayton Solar have been informative, prompt and professional.
Before accepting the quote, Shane ascertained the latest information for our area and confirmed that we had complete understanding of the additional charges incurred to reconfigure the electricity meter at our premises after the installation.
The waiting period between accepting the quote and installation was shorter than we were additionally advised, which was wonderful.
The installation ran smoothly. The team were prompt, courteous and considerate. Their professionalism and conduct was the total opposite of the trades that I've been experienced in the past. They took great care to minimise their impact in everything they did. It was a pleasure to have them on site. A special mention to Stav for leading me through the installation on the day and taking the time to ensure that I could log into the analytic tools.

Installers great

We were very pleased with all but found the one we went with very punctual, polite and helpful with anything we asked. Their follow up care was very good and communication between us easy.

Great customer service

After going thru the quote process, we decided to go with Clayton Solar based on the quality and value of the recommended system, previous online reviews and finally impressions of the sales person when he visited.

The installation process did involve some unforeseen issues, thru no one’s fault, but Clayton Solar managed to work thru the issues eventually to have everything installed and operational all in the same day with no changes in the quoted price.

I was very impressed with their attitude and attention to detail to make sure we were happy.

Highly recommended.

Great service, highly recommend!

The quoting process was fantastic, Shane was very patient and friendly he answered the many questions I had and never pressured us to make a decision.

The installation was completed in 1 day and it was done neatly with no rubbish left behind

We did have great trouble getting a solar meter installed and even though this was no fault of Claytons, the terrific support we received from Shane and Tim was amazing!!

The amount of time and effort they put in to help us get every thing up and running is extremely appreciated.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Claytons to anyone contemplating purchasing Solar. Everything we were promised was delivered

I’d highly recommend Clayton Solar and Electrical - they are a great bunch !!

Original Review on 27-03-2021:

Great little company' gret work and good follow up service

Quick on time install. tidy and did a great job. Great service on day and also with follow up problems I had with electricity supplier. They went beyond. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Dean: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Great system and all going well

Very good at the quality of service, advice and installation phases

All good from your end and the installers, tho we did had a few hick-ups with the energy supplier.

Great price, great service.

I got a 13kw system and have been very happy from quote to installation to after care. Genuine customer service and also had best price. Not pushy and flexible on type of system offered. No complaints at all so far. Definitely recommend.

Fabulous service

Excellent service, very friendly installers.
Choose Clayton electrical as there quote was the cheapest but also came with better inverter and more panels.

Fantastic service, highly recommend!

A smooth process from start to finish. Clayton Solar were efficient with responding to questions and queries and were transparent about all information. We had everything we needed to know before accepting the quote and are so glad that we did. The installation and set up was perfect and they gave us all the information we needed. Highly recommend Clayton Solar and will be passing on their details to friends. Fantastic job!

Brilliant end-to-end experience, from quoting through to installation and follow up services - highly recommended!

The quoting process was seamless - Shane was patient, friendly and answered my a million questions and never pressured us to make a decision.

Our system was installed on time, with Shav and the guys being punctual, tidied up like they were never there, always friendly and completed a quality install and walked through how everything worked. Shav was also kind enough to come back a few days later to follow up on our fronius wifi connection!

I’d highly recommend Clayton Solar and Electrical - they are a good, honest and friendly mob, installed a quality system and were also the cheapest of the 6 quotes I received.

Great value, great service

The whole process was fantastic from start to finish. I was given a very competitive quote, the installation was very quick and went as planned, and they followed up shortly after to see how everything was going. Top marks. Have just referred father in law.

job well done

the job from start to finish was excellent highly recomend

Feedback review

Clayton’s were very professional on time and informative follow up have been effective

Astounding Service

Clayton Solar right from the beginning were easy to deal with and came up with a great plan to efficiently utilise the available roof space while keeping panel visibility low as per my request. The planning, installation and even operational support has been amazing. You won't regret using Clayton Solar for your install.

Original Review on 29-07-2020:

Did what said on tin. Seems to be working as promised

Good communication, answered questions well, good quality components. No breakdown of production estimations by month though. I am kicking myself for not getting the smart monitor too Original ratings

8 months later we asked Munro: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No faults yet, making money on our bills so far

Great service and products

Shane and the team were great pre and post installation. System seem to working great so far

A very efficient and punctual installer

We had great trouble getting a solar meter installed due to the inefficiency of our power supply company.
We had to wait over 3 months to get connected and it was only through the terrific support we received from Shane Ford of Clayton Solar and Electricity that we ended up with a satifactory result.
The amount of time and effort he put in to help us get there was very appreciated and I would
have no hesitation in recommending Clayton and Shane Ford to anyone contemplating purchasing Solar. Everything we were promised was delivered and it was no fault of Clayton that our Power Company proved to be so inefficient,unsupportive and obstinate in our dealings with them.

Great service, did what they said they would.

Customer service was great
Installation was seamless
Overall process was easy

Original Review on 02-12-2019:

Fastic helpful installer

They knew what they were doing, polite, tidy punctual and organised the grid connection after the install Original ratings

8 months later we asked Megs: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system performed to my expectations, in fact better then my expectations.

Fantastic experience with Clayton Solar and Electrical

The Clayton Solar and Electrical team were fantastic all the way through the process.

As we have terracotta tiles it was important to us that the company send out an installer to inspect our roof for design and installation. Shane was more than happy to send out one of their internal experienced installers (not a contractor!) and confirm the correct design and set up prior to accepting the quote.

This was something we had found other companies could not provide and something that definitely set Clayton Solar and Electrical apart from the rest of the quotes.

The installation team was professional, punctual, tidy and more than willing to answer any questions I had on the day. They also went the extra mile and came back the following day to ensure that the solar edge system was connecting correctly to the monitoring platform.

Thanks to Shane, Tim and the fantastic team at Clayton Solar and Electrical for their work and making the experience fantastic.

Original Review on 19-11-2019:

Terrific service and very professional

Did everything from go to who on time and extremely competent Original ratings

8 months later we asked Glenn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has continued to perform as promoted

Great work and a good Team

Getting a quote was easy with no pressure to buy, they were happy to quote the equipment I wanted and did a good neat job installing.

Solar Panel installation

Everything was handled very efficiently from the quote right through to the installation, property was left in a tidy condition and all personnel were polite, friendly and very helpful

Excellent team, professional reliable and very supportive

As first timers with solar panels, we had lots of questions. Shane was the first point of contact, firstly by phone then he came to our home We were very comfortable with the meeting; he was not pushy and very genuine in his approach. We signed up then and there. The installation team were very professional and friendly always attending when they said they would. We were very comfortable with the whole process.
Shane said from the start that he would always be there to answer any concerns from the start to the finish and would keep in touch after the work was done to monitor the outcome. He stressed that if he could not answer his phone he would always ring back ....and he did. MAGIC.
The system itself has proven to be very successful with a dramatic reduction in the cost of our power bills.
Highly recommended.

Original Review on 12-07-2019:

We were totally satisfied with the service, high levels of professionalism and transparency by Tim and his crew. Very pleasant people to have in your home. We were also impressed by the attention to detail and politeness by Shane and Tim. Would have no hesitation in recommending them to others. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Dennis: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our last two electricity bills have been in credit so it would seem the system and solar cells are operating efficiently.

We have emailed in contact with Clayton Solar and Electrical. In November last year we went away on a shot holiday and
we switched off the wifi but did not notify them. We received an e-mail from Claytons, a few days after arriving out our destination, inquiring whether there was anything wrong with the system. I think this goes to the high level of professionalism that Clayton's exhibits in its business. I think you can keep referring them with confidence
Thanks Finn, I have recommended your services to a number of people
regards,
Dennis Howie

Good Service all around

Good service all around.

- Customer Service was great.
- Was Cheap
- Pretty much no power bills

Thanks guys!

Provided great service before and after install. Pricing was competitive

Honest, fast, smart, reliable, good communicators.

Probably the best company I’ve used.
Super professional, responsive and friendly.
No upselling, no pressure and completely honest.
System is humming.

Great Experience

Sales and quoting process was made very easy by Shane who was very helpful and always available to answer all of my questions with no pushy sales tactics. Installation staff were punctual and professional and completed the job within the estimated time frame and kept me up to date throughout the day. Overall my experience with Clayton Electrical was very pleasant and am very happy with the system they installed.

Excellent service

Shane was fantastic from the very start, he emailed a quote, no high pressure sales tactics. He offered to visit to go through the quote and answer our questions and so we made an appointment for him to visit. We had thought we would probably sign up on that visit, but again, he didn't pressure us to sign anything. We found him so helpful and the quote was very price competitive. We gave the go ahead the following day, the installation was booked in and the solar system installed. The solar system is working better than expected, we are very happy. We have had solar installed on a previous home so we have some idea about solar and the systems available, it can be a minefield and quite bewildering, but Clayton Solar have been very professional and their service is spot on, Shane has also followed up to ensure it is all working properly. We have already recommended them to our friends.

Someone you can trust.

I really appreciated receiving my three quotes from SolarQuotes. I first watched the video on solar and felt confident in dealing with them from there. The three quotes each offered similar systems with different approaches and I chose what suited my style best.
The instilation was quick and efficient and importantly on time.
Great customer service from Shane.
Shane was very good at explaining options. I did not feel that he was selling me anything and he was prompt and courteous with all contact.

Great installation

One of the few companies that delivered exactly what they promised in all areas highly recommend this installer

Great and Quality Installer

The whole process of solar Installation right from the quote till the finish has been done so professionally and they are not for your money but wanted to delivery a quality in everything whether it is for product, advice or customer support. I wholeheartedly recommend them for your solar installation.

PV system installed to our full satisfaction

We have had a PV system installed by Clayton Solar to our full satisfaction. The sales person was very pleasant, gave us all the information we needed without the pressure to go ahead with the company. The installation was done as promised and the system works to our expectation. The price was very competitive, far cheaper than other quotes for a top quality system.

Great system, friendly and knowledgeable staff, great customer service

Sales quoting process excellent, lots of information sent to me via email
Installation Went well, happy with the installation and how well the system is working. Tidy and Punctual on day of fitting
Customer service was excellent. Provided me with assistance after the fitting of the panels... happy to answer any questions i had.

Original Review on 22-02-2019:

The team at Clayton Solar and Electrical delivered a first class Solar Experience for us.
We purchased a 5Kw Fronius Inverter and 24 Q-Cell Solar Panels.
Installation and cleanup was exceptional.
Very happy with the outcome now that our Smart Meter has been installed.
Just waiting to see what savings can be achieved.
Thanks Shane Ford and Tim Clayton for your Professionalism.

9 months later we asked Trevor: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No! I was total unaware that SAPN mandate to balance and control the voltage on the Power Grid was soo critical to our Solar Systems ability to generate Electricity and export it to the Grid! Sure hoping that this issue is resolved soon so that we can generate and export Power according to our shaped expectations.

Reliable installer

The quote was received in a timely manner and included options for cheaper version. The sales person did not hassle me for an answer. Once I had given the go-ahead the installation went very smoothly with no holdups or hiccups. The installers were very respectful, prompt, reliable and even cleaned up after themselves. The after sales communication has so far been outstanding in letting me know how the system has been functioning and what I need to be doing.

Very Satisfied Customer

It was a very pleasant experience dealing with all of the team at Clayton Solar and Electrical. We were very impressed and respect the fact that Tim has put his name and face on his company.
After promptly receiving the option to have quotes for 2 different size systems, we decided to choose Clayton Solar and Electrical. Shane attended personally for further discussion, all with no hype or pressure and later, arranged all the paperwork associated with the installation. Tim, the owner and installer, completed the work in 1 day as scheduled and even moved the TV aerial to improve layout and reduce shading.
We thoroughly recommend Clayton Solar and Electrical to anyone considering installing solar panels.

Great service! Definitely recommended!

Shane gave a number of quotes for different solar panel brands as requested. He got in touch as soon as he can and whether if it was email or through the phone, communicating was very easy. Everything was done in a day without a problem. It did not appear too complicated for us who are new to the solar system. Tradies were prompt and polite. No unncecessary marketing involved.

Great installer, professional, reliable and good value

Clayton Solar and Electrical installed a 6.6kw system on my roof on the 1st of July and I was very happy with the service, from the quoting to installation and follow up. Shane provided a quote the same day as requested and followed up with a site inspection - I have a 100 yo 2 story house and Shane designed the position of the panels to have minimal impact on the look of the house with the maximum number of panels, plus the installers navigated the very small roof access area easily. The installation was completed in 1 day - starting at 8:30 and finished by 4pm, and it was done neatly with no rubbish left behind and all cables were concealed, plus the team were polite and considerate. Shane helped me with the app on my phone and computer so I can monitor the system remotely. I would highly recommend Clayton Solar and Electrical to anyone looking for a professional solar installation company at a good price.
Fantastic customer service and my house was left spotless, no rubbish left behind.
System installed just 3 days ago. Still early days to assess the system. However looks like it's working as it should. Good service from the sales and installers though. They started early morning and finished early afternoon. On a sunny June day, had 22kwh produced. next day was a gloomy rainy day and had about 2kwh!.

Original Review on 25-09-2018:

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 20-09-2018:

The workers were here early dismantled old system and put up new 5kw system in the day left place near and tidy. We are very happy with the whole process. System is marketed improvement on old one. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has met our expections and have had bills of credit
The team at Clayton Solar and Electrical were so wonderful to deal with from start to finish. Every step in the process was done so in a professional and friendly manner with everything explained clearly. The install was done with minimal fuss. The team were lovely and kept us in loop during the day as to how they were progressing. We were so impressed with the final product and our first bill is already in credit!

We have since referred Clayton Solar and Electrical for another solar job of which I hear they have delivered yet another professional and friendly install. Thanks guys!
The system was installed 2 weeks ago, all goes well so far. Thank you so much for the work Clayton Solar & Electrical team have done.
Extremely impressed with clatyton solar
Would highly recommend ... we put in 2 systems in and were very happy with all aspects
Shane and Tim were both fantastic
Would highly recommend