Energy Assist Group Pty Ltd

Energy Assist Group Pty Ltd Reviews

4.4

Based on 121 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Energy Assist is an Australian owned and operated company with experience in the solar power industry since 1994. Our focus is creating a high quality solution that is right for you, your property and your budget. We listen to your needs, analyse your bills and engineer the right system for you.

How do we do this? We pride ourselves on educating our customers on solar power to ensure they understand exactly what they are investing in.

We have our very own Showroom & Testing Facility located in Croydon where we have multiple systems installed, operating and monitored. At our facility we test the panel performance and compare panel to panel by reviewing our monitoring results. We have panels and inverters on display so you can visualise the components that make up your whole solar system.

Here at Energy Assist we install all types of solar power from residential systems to commercial systems as well as on and off grid battery backup systems. We have installed a huge range of system sizes from 12 panels all the way up to 1,600 panels. So for all your solar power needs contact us today for great advice, great packages and great installations.

Reviewers report paying: $1,900 - $6,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Energy Assist Group Pty Ltd Reviews (121)

$0 to $2,000

Great Installation and price

Quick quote, clean and quick installation and excellent customer service.
Hide Goce's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Solar House-Warming Present

During a post-covid visit to daughter and family after they had just moved into a new house in Point Lonsdale Victoria, my wife and I decided to house-warming gift them a solar PV installation. Being new to the Vic solar trends, I consulted Solar Quotes for advice and received a couple of recommendations. My trolling on Facebook and Internet provided other options also.
I tested the Solar Quotes vendors and three other competitors. The information flow and research requirements then became exhausting. The Solar Quotes vendors were polite and comprehensive, while the other alternatives became quite competitive and pressing. The other alternatives appeared to be cheaper while offering similar services however in the end, it was necessary to weed out all the different brands and ask all vendors to requote on selected products to baseline the quotations (including the Solar Quotes ones).
After achieving this commonality on product to be provided and agreed installation format, all vendors were within a few hundred dollars of each other. I chose a Solar Quotes vendor (Energy Assist Group) as they were the only one to present a representative at the house (being local), were friendly and approachable, and provided a prompt timeframe for installation.
They unfortunately were slow in providing the final electrical inspection and were not that helpful in organising the final grid connection to allow the energy produced to be credited to the household bill.
Overall a reasonable result.

Hide Greg's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

Good price, knowledgeable staff

Worked with us on price to meet budget, sales staff were very good, as were installers. No issues with communication. Are organising grid connection but too early to tell how that will go yet.
Hide Darcy's Comment

Easy Purchase

No pressure sales process and kept informed of when things were going to happen.
Installation was an easy process, no mess and everything was cleaned up and taken away.
All paperwork was done with very little that we had to do.

Hide John's Comment

$12,500 to $15,000

LG

Enphase

Original Review on 30-04-2020:

Good installation, not a "crap solar" experience!

Sales process went well, I received three quotes from your recommendations, all good, and another from a friend.
Installation was done well and when promised. As an Architect, I did my own panel layout, which seemed to work fine. Except the sales person and the installer failed to point out the disconnect switches that stick out at the front on my new building. Inspector said to suck it up, they're required.

Enphase unit location failed inspection, and had to be moved, which also fixed the poor wifi issue. It took two weeks to organise this, so system is still not completely approved, but it's working. The paperwork should be completed soon.

I see my retailer is charging me an average of 35 cents per kilowatt hour, so I'm glad it's in. We'll see what they pay me when I export.
Customer service was generally good, if a little slow. Covid19 was blamed, and perhaps that's true, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Follow Up Review on 05-01-2021:

Hide Michael's Comment

Enphase

Inverter Brand

Nice Installation. Post installation communication could be improved.

Energy Assist were very helpful during the sales/quoting process.
The installation went well.
I am an electrician, so I'm very fussy about electrical workmanship, and they did a very good job.
They are assisting in all aspects of the grid connection.
The only thing that they could improve on is after installation communication with the customer. I don't like not knowing what the status of grid connection is but maybe that's just me.

Hide Tony's Comment

10kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Pleased with service

After seeking quotes I was contacted by email and a follow up phone call from Energy Assist. A time was then booked for a salesperson (Company Director) to attend our address. The salesperson was very experienced, knowledgeable and professional in his approach. He commented on how well presented our house is and one his opening comment was to the effect that they would not install any solar panels at the front our house as they would spoil its appearance. The other providers who gave quotes only spoke briefly to me on the phone and then emailed a quote with photos of where the solar panels would be positioned. These photos depicted their intention to install several panels at the front of the house, which is not what we wanted. The personal visit to our address by the salesperson and his professional approach is what clenched the deal. I received a quote a couple of days later, followed up by a phone call from the salesperson. We discussed the quote at length and following that discussion I was provided with a number of other options to consider, one of which was my preferred option. I paid a deposit on 23 September but installation was delayed due to COVID-19 restrictions. I was kept informed of of potential installation dates and the system was eventually installed on Thursday 12 November, 2020.
Hide Stephen's Comment

Efficient and communicative

All aspects of the process were handled professionally,expertly and with excellent communication.
Very pleased with this excellent service. I would highly recommend them.
Hide Alison's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

Highly Recommended

Solid, professional company. Informative quote. Good price and efficient installation. Friendly, respectful, supportive service.
Hide Robert's Comment

Great installer

The initial contact with Horst was great and very informative. Their quote was thorough and very competitive. They were easy to deal with the whole way through the transaction.
My only criticism would be a lack of communication- I called them to see when they were coming each time as they hadn’t let me know or confirmed. But they were very easy to deal with and the installation was fast and smooth. Highly recommended.
Hide Josephine's Comment

Very efficient process

The whole process was simple and efficient - from quote, inspection to installation. Everything occurred as promised. Energy Assist were the only firm that inspected before quoting & dealt with local conditions.
Hide Colin's Comment

Seraphim

Original Review on 01-05-2019:

Follow Up Review on 30-01-2020:

Yes, it has, we have had no issues at all. We are receiving nice reductions in our electricity bills.
A big thank you to you guys for guiding us through this complex process, we wouldn't have done this without your excellent on line advice.
Hide David's Comment

$8,000 to $10,000

Inverter Brand

Professional service and a great looking and performing (so far) system!

We recently had a 6.4 Kw 20 panel solar system with 5.9 kw inverter installed by Energy Assist. We had a fairly good idea that we wanted to future proof our energy needs as our family grows and allow the possibility of adding a battery later on. I was also mindful of having aesthetically pleasing panels that would add to and not detract from the look of a 30 year old building. We found that Adrian explained the options very clearly and was able to outline the process for us in a quick and concise manner. Installation was quick, tidy and no nonsense and with minimal impact on neighbours. The system is new and we haven't had to troubleshoot anything but we found their back office team to be helpful and quick to get back to us to complete the changeover with our distributor and retailer. So far very good and very much recommended.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Original Review on 15-03-2019:

Very happy with the service. System is up and running as from today.

Follow Up Review on 14-11-2019:

I am very happy with the system and in fact have recommended the installers to a friend and I am currently arranging a system for my son.
Hide Robert's Comment

Seraphim

Original Review on 08-02-2019:

Of your 3 quote request companies only 1 quoted they had a different view of the hardware and that virtually eliminated them.
I sourced 2 other suppliers and finally chose a local company fully accredited that been around for about 10 years and was very competitive in their price and had a sound knowledge of what they were offering,
My installation is scheduled for 2 weeks.

Follow Up Review on 10-10-2019:

Dont have battery package
Hide Brian's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Cost

Battery and panels installed promptly after Quote was accepted. Plenty of information was given about what systems where available.
Prompt contact via either phone or email after experiencing minor issues.
Solar system is working beautifully as described by Technicians.
Hide Rob's Comment

Cost

Your advice and information on Facebook etc has been invaluable.
Hide Rob's Comment

Cost

Very happy with Horst, the salesperson and installer.
Always keeping me informed of progress and followup.
Highly recommended.
Hide Trevor's Comment

Cost

At this point in time we are up to the install part- currently happening.
Customer service so far has been good. Installers seem competent and arrived on time.
Still waiting to see if the system lives up to its promises.

Jinko Solar

Original Review on 23-05-2018:

Not installed yet. But was the only one of the 3 quotes where the staff made me confident that it was about me and NOT THEM.

Follow Up Review on 22-01-2019:

We installed during winter, so was initially sceptical about performance. As the weather got warmer we have been more than happy with the performance and tell friends that we expect the payback to be less than originally expected.

So yes, the system is exceeding our expectations.
Hide Ward's Comment

Cost

They worked with me on layout and options, they did not tell me “this is the only way to do it”. Also, they came and inspected the site BEFORE they finalised a quote. They did not just sit in their offices and use Google Earth.

Cost

No fuss great communication they took time to explain how it all works and best practices to get the most out of it.
Next thing on the list is a battery system to store the hours I don't use

Thanks guys !
Hide Trevor's Comment

Cost

The installers Jerome and Chris were very efficient with the installation and paid careful attention to the requirements of my body corporate. They were also willing reduce the cost of the install when we decided not to add tilts due to body corp constraints.

Astrid was very pleasant to deal with and answered all my questions over email and phone promptly. I felt like I had a good deal with the Sunpower P19 Panels.
Hide Wayne's Comment

Cost

Dealing with Adrian has been a breeze in terms of easiness or asking questions or getting any issues resolved. The system was installed in Mid September and initially had some small technical problems (like you can expect with any new technical products) but Adrian and his team resolved them quickly, once I raised it with them and that is where I liked the effort as now I can know the team behind the company actually cares about the customer rather than just selling something and move on.

Since September I essentially have no bills now which is a testament to the product quality and installation. Very happy with the product and the company.
Hide Muhammad's Comment

Cost

Dealing with Adrian and the team was great from start to finish. The workmanship done on the install was of a high standard and faultless.
We had an issue with the inverter not long after install but Adrian put me onto the right person and this was resolved with no fuss. Since the inverter was recalibrated the system has been faultless and we couldn't be happier. I have recommended this company to family and friends and would happily use you again.
Hide Stefaan's Comment

Cost

Dolf and his team did a great job from start to finish. We started with a visit to their showroom where Dolf explained the different parts. He is knowledgeable and gave us different options, without being pushy and was very patient. He also passed on the savings when prices of parts came down. The installation was done in an efficient and organised manner. We were informed of the process and which parts needed our action. The system was up and running quickly and we could immediately see how it was doing. All in all, really happy with the outcome and you can definitely trust these guys to do a good quality install.
Hide Karen's Comment

very good and help fill

Cost

dont know the brand as they were istalled over 10 yrs (Other)

Delta

Original Review on 18-02-2018:

Follow Up Review on 20-10-2018:

sure has
Hide Ian's Comment

Trina

Original Review on 16-02-2018:

Not on the grid yet, but it seems to be working well. When it's on the grid and I can monitor the performance it will be easier to rate it, but so far I'm impressed.

Follow Up Review on 18-10-2018:

I am happy with how the system has performed and I certainly don't regret having it installed. It was not until I found the Solar Quotes website that I had enough knowledge to make the decision to do so and I am very grateful for that.
Hide Vera's Comment

Cost

It will be good if they assist with setting up the online monitoring software as well.

Cost

Admittedly after our previous experiences with solar companies ( both incompetent and crooked one of which took our $900 deposit and disappeared ), most companies would shine, but after contacting your company it was like another world. Everything went smoothly,quickly,and our questions were answered with the whole system up and running within a month from start to completion with the meter recording surplus exported.
Hide David's Comment

Original Review on 17-12-2017:

Keith Ondarchie is the person you have to remember to talk to when you want to get the solar system from Energy Assist. He is an engineer and he comes to your place to look at the whole setup and feeds you whatever information you need to know without talking about money. After I got the quote, he told me that there was going to be a special deal coming so he told me to wait for it and true enough there were further discounts to the system I chose. He then called me a week later to tell me that he had a customer cancel on him so he need to clear off the panels in his warehouse and if I could confirm my purchase he can come within the week to install the system and also give me a free energy meter plus the discounted price promised! I had my finance approved and as I needed to go on an overseas trip with limited internet, they even assured me to transfer them the deposit or the full sum until I was back from my trip! Energy Assist helped to set up all the work that needed with my energy retailer and all that and Keith even sent me a screenshot of the solar monitoring dashboard to let me know that the system is working well while I'm away. I am truly happy with what Energy Assist has done and I would recommend them highly to anyone I know.

Follow Up Review on 01-07-2018:

Yes it has and I have seen a significant reduction in my power bills even though I had installed 4 sets of split systems air conditioner!
Hide Shiou Song's Comment

Original Review on 25-03-2017:

I plan to re-charge my 12 kWh electric car from my solar-charged home storage battery. This requires a big solar system and a battery at home capable of storing 12 kWh. None of the suppliers were familiar with this application and tried to sell me a smaller system which they were familiar with. It was not easy to get my requirement across to them.

Follow Up Review on 10-06-2018:

Yes - it has exceeded my expectations.
In summer, the electricity retailer pays me money.
I have enough power from my 7.8kW system to charge my PHIV electric Outlander to get 15km to work and back each day - no petrol cost.
Hide Clive's Comment

Cost

System looks great, own consumption generating from day 1, great service and installation. Still waiting on grid connection (which is up to our Elec co.) , so some time to wait till we see some return, but so far so good. Dolf and Astrid very helpful, knowledgeable and flexible to needs.
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

Very slow on paperwork. 3 weeks since installation and papers only lodged today with supplier. I thought this could have happened a lot faster.

Original Review on 18-07-2017:

Having recently installed a pool and deciding on the option of heating it with a Heat Pump (reverse cycle A/C) we were always intending on installing PV panels to cater for the energy that used over Summer. I wont pretend we were not initially stunned by the amount of energy the HeatPump (along with the pool pumps) actually ended up using. We quickly realised that getting a Solar solution was a mandatory aspect of our pool setup not a "nice to have". What is brilliant is that our usage is perfectly aligned with the output of a solar system and having large east and west facing roof space we will be able to extend our production across a wider period each day allowing us to maximise our personal usage of the solar power. Hopefully!

Contacting solarquotes and getting the 3 providers they recommended has been great. The only difficulty was differentiating between the excellent service from all 3 providers and deciding on what solution was going to work best for us without over investing and spending more than was absolutely necessary.

In the end we have decided on a SolarEdge SE7300 inverter with 34xJA Solar 290W smart panels totaling just under 10kW. Obviously the inverter is well under the maximum capacity of the panels but since the panels will be split across the East (x14) and West (x20) roof spaces we understood that this would only clip very occasionally. We will wait and see over Summer! It was difficult to determine if we were making a mistake here though as another provider made a very strong case for installing 2x5kw inverters to ensure we got the most out of our panels. In the end we decided (pretty much based on our own research) that the problem with that configuration was that if our 20 west facing panels (5.8kw total) ever ran at full capacity a 5kw inverter would need to clip the output where the 7.3 will not.

It was not a huge factor but the other thing that influenced our decision was that the solaredge we decided we wanted to go with was the primary recommendation from the provider we chose where the others were primarily suggesting different products.

We are getting our system installed in a few weeks so I will possibly revisit this after that is completed. I am pretty confident we are going to be very happy with the solution we are putting on our roof.

Follow Up Review on 19-03-2018:

We have 36 panels. 16 east and 20 west. We are getting a heap of power spread right across the day which is brilliantly matched to the usage profile of our heat pump powered pool. We generated 1.53MWh in January and exported 60% of that. Being with Powershop we can basically pay our Bill entirely with the FIT credits so it's a no brainer that the system will pay itself off in about 4 years. We were not expecting all the issues with the High AC voltage errors and restarts so that's tarnished the experience a bit but on the whole the numbers really stack up for us so we are very happy to have made the investment.
Hide Martin's Comment