EOC Energy

EOC Energy Reviews

EOC Energy is a Solar Power Installation business based in Ravenhall VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes.

EOC Energy Reviews (31)

Fantastic installer, very transparent

The only installer to break down pricing and walk me through the why’s, how’s and when.

Would recommend to everyone

Prompt service at a great price

EOC responded promptly with a great quote and we’re able to answer all of our questions. Installation took place quickly and communication was good. We haven’t used the system yet as it hasn’t been inspected by the third party inspector which is understandable as it’s xmas

Electricians On Call my view

Everything was straight forward and they took all the necessary steps to complete the project on time, Very informative about the costs and installation and I'm very happy with the outcome, I would highly recommend Electricians On Call to anybody thinking about solar power...

Fast process, fast and neat install.

Everything went smoothly for me. Armed with the knowledge of SolarQuotes beginners guide, I went in the sales/quoting process knowing what I was after and could expect. EOC Solar quoting process was smooth and efficient. The quote was fair and neatly itemized.

Installation day went smoothly. EOC Solar team did a good and efficient job, installing in 1 day the 18 panels and inverter on my single storey house. The team was punctual and tidy up perfectly after themselves. They were available to answer my questions and provided a good handover at the end of the install showing me the system they installed.

EOC Solar organized the inspector and the grid connection in a very timely manner, a couple of days after install the process was started.

Affordable, High Quality and Professional Team

Quoting process: Straight forward, very affordable, no hidden costs.
Products: Variety of options from High end to Mid range
Installation: Very neat and quick installation within 1 day of a 6.6 KW System
Competitive Advantage: They are the installers themselves, no Marketing/HR in-between. No cost cutting in any manner, have my 4 neighbors scheduled with Electricians on Call. Mark and his team are professional, friendly and always ready to assist swiftly.

The only wait time was the approval process, which took 5 days and after that it took 1 week for Mark and his team to procure the Panels and Inverter. Got installed in 1 day and Inspection done in the next 4 days. It can't get any better !!

Original Review on 09-12-2017:

Overall very good quality and service. Hard at times to pin them down for exact detail. For example quote was for 18 panels nearearth showed 17 and finally when fitting could only get 16 on roof. Quote for Candian Solar but 2days before install told could not get them could they use CSUN 2.9 panels rather than the 2.6 Candian Solar if they could source them. Getting smart meter up and running has taken just over 2 weeks. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jock: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

kWh. PRED. ACTUAL
April. 14. 13
May. 10. 8.5
June. 9. 8.5
Jul. 10. 9.8
Appears to be in the ball park of prediction. Still would probably perfect Candian Solar to CSUN

Original Review on 10-10-2017:

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - no bill's in 3 quaters.
Our electricity bill's were previously $330 to $360 per quarter.

Original Review on 06-09-2017:

Electricians on call did a great job installing our system, they cut no corners and installed the system very neatly.
The quote was very detailed and explained everything .

8 months later we asked Herman: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 26-07-2017:

Do your self a favour go to solarquotes to help you do your home work then you'll now which way to go and what to do Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bernie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

50% on the bill + $104 rebate saving in the middle of winter
I have no bill in summer Im still working it out I have another 6 months to 1 year no problems with the complete system
It pays to do your homework and solar quotes have helped me do that.
Mark from Electricians on Call really went to the effort to clarify and clear up any questions I had. He was very responsive with his quotes and I should have just signed with him straight away (the other two, just messed me around). I started this journey in October and now its Jan!). The system is being installed next week. So hopefully, the install goes just as well.
Mark's knowledge as an installer and licensed electrician made it easy for him to answer all of my questions. EOC was also the only installer to provide full terms and conditions with the quotation. One thing I am very glad Mark raised was whether I wanted to also install a Fronius smart meter - without the additional smart meter I would not have visibility anymore of my power consumption. I felt the the EOC team was very focused on the quality of their work. They also made sure that the installation was tidy. They also did a good job of cleaning up the inevitable mess that resulted from knocking a brick out of my garage wall.
One of the learnings out of this exercise is that I would only use a supplier who is an installer. A lot of suppliers are purely sales organisations who sub-contract the installation work to a third party. They tend not to have the level of technical expertise that an installer has, and you are having to cover the margin that the supplier charges on top of the costs from the installer.
I opted for a CAT6 trunk to the inverter for network access. I would advise that anyone who wants to connect their inverter to their home network that they use a wired connection rather than WiFi - especially, as in my case, if the WiFi coverage at the location of the inverter is terrible.
Very Happy, love the system and the experience has been excellent. I recommend solar quotes to all my friends who are considering going solar.
EOC were the first to respond and provided a few options with micros as well as string inverter. My initial phone discussion went for 1-1.5hours on the phone as we discussed options but was never pressured. After some more investigation and other quotes, I got EOC to update the quote based on changing STC's (REC). Finally went with 2 string groups - Fronius primo 5 with 19 Canadian solar mono crys. panels. (I have the almost perfect 25deg north facing roof with zero shading)
1 week after the deposit was paid, the system was installed. The installers arrived promptly at 7am (I hadn't been informed of their arrival time)
The installers were very professional and communicated well whilst onsite. Finished by 2pm that day.
All-in-all, a very good experience. I didn't need a great deal of hand-holding though.
Overall really happy, only slight marked down due to slow in responding to queries at times, but eventually got back to us and glad we went with Electricians On Call.
Mark from Electricians on Call is fantastic and I can say only one of the provider explained the process in detail. Installation done in couple of weeks time and quite happy with the system so for. Highly recommend this installer.
My Experience with Electricians On Call was great...The person I delt with who was Mark was easy to discuss my requirements with and no high pressure sales . He was informative and pleasant and did what he said he would do.the cost of the system was also of a high quality and he delivered all he promised. Communication was good and the installers where efficient and pleasant. They cleaned up after themselves and the system has been working well since the installation from my observations.
No complaints all working well...now just see how if affects my overall power bills.
A pleasure to deal with. Answered all questions .have a large range of solar packages from good to top of range. Prompt service onsite as well as office
It took a while for all to respond. The 2 larger companies expected that the buyer knew close to nothing but also failed to educate properly. Only Mark Group sent someone around and whilst very experienced and knowledgeable, was also expensive. Electricians on Call was the cheapest and recommended self built systems (essentially, they were installers). Believe with a little self education with lots of reading, picking your own panels and inverters with a reasonably priced installer will be best way. Otherwise, the "mark-up" is easily 30%.
Electricians on Call had a very professional approach and was very responsive to all my queries. They installed the system two days ahead of the originally scheduled date - on site at 7.00am and finished about 6.00pm. I had decided on a 4.6kW system comprising QCell panels combined with an SMA inverter - they do install other panels and inverters. They are accredited by the Clean Energy Council and did not try to "up/down" sell equipment or services. The system has performed admirably and I very happy with it's performance. Follow up from Electricians on Call prior to, and post installation, was second to none. The workmanship was professional and I would have no hesitation in recommending them for a solar system.

Original Review on 22-08-2014:

Very easy company to deal with no frills cut the B/S. great service we had the complete job installed, inspected and hooked onto the grid in 3 weeks to the day . very happy

8 months later we asked Ron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes In our first full quarterly electricity bill we cut our bill by 2/3rds where our bill was around $350 per quarter our bill is now $110 per quarter which is very pleasing, I must add that we did change all our downlights to LED and I expect that this helped in the overall result never the less we are extremely happy with the whole system.
Small electrical company (3 people) selling and installing top equipment around $1500 under the bigger guys. Inspector told us he was a quality electrician. Customer service and follow up was much more than expected.
CitiSolar could not be recommended. Very pushy, no professional selling process, poor documentation, but were friendly enough. Two other companies who quoted on the same Q Cell panels and SMS inverter both tried to tell me that the panels from my installer had to be brought into Australia as seconds and that Q Cells Australia would not provide a warranty. This proved false with Q Cells confirming that my system was provided by them.
I would recommend the installer, he was efficient, polite and reasonable in his attitude. On the day of installation I put him under a tight time line as I had to go to work. He fulfilled the installation within the given time. Well done.
Mark and his team were most professional, excellent in their communication, and quick to respond to any queries once the installation had been completed. Our 5 Kw, micro-inverter system is now up and running perfectly - we are just 'sucking that power from the sun'!

Their punctuality, care to detail and no-nonsense approach gave us huge confidence and confirmed we made the right decision in choosing 'Electricians on Call'.
A decent tradesman who worked to a tight time line on the day of installation, as I had a mid afternoon appointment . I believe Mark to be a reputable person who will honour his word and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.
I found Mark Solar to be slow to respond and after missing out on the job left quite a rude, blunt text message. I WOULD NOT recommended this company to anyone. Gryphon Solar I found to be misleading with their information and would urge caution if usIing Gryphon Solar. I would like to complement you on an excellent service and a very big Thank You. Regards Rob Hobson

Hi Rob,
It is always great to get feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was. We strive every day to ensure our customers have a good service experience and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to our entire team.