• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Helioenergy Reviews

About Helioenergy, Solar Installers

Helioenergy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Rydalmere and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Helioenergy Solar Reviews

Thank you firstly to this website and the mine of useful information and the "getting quotes" process.
I was impressed by the first contact from Helio Energy (Shan Gao), and that they were the only company who offered to come and inspect the house and talk about what was needed. After accepting their quote they were patient while I had roof repairs done.
I went for top quality Qcell 350W panels with Enphase microinverters in a 3 phase system
The installation was very competently done (it was a long 10 to 12 hour day). As an example, one roof tile was cracked in the process. Shan was about to go and source a replacement tile, when I mentioned that I had some spares. A less scrupulous operator might not have been so diligent. Shan's installers work directly for him, so quality is much better controlled than if installation is subcontracted. As an engineer (not electrical) myself, I had quite a few questions, which Shan was always happy to answer and explain.
I went for top quality Qcell 350W panels with Enphase S270 microinverters in a 3 phase system. The panels were connected to each phase in proportion to the usage for each phase which I'd calculated previously (told you I was an engineer).
I'm very happy with the system and would recommend Shan and Helio Energy wholeheartedly.
Of the three suppliers referred to us, HelioEnergy (Shan Gao) impressed from the outset. Shan called in person (on a public holiday) and was patient and generous with his time helping us clarify our solar system needs and explaining the technicalities and answering many questions. In choosing Shan Gao, who is a qualified Electrical Engineer, we had confidence he and his HelioEnergy team had the skills and technical know-how and were the right choice to deliver what we wanted at a reasonable price. And they delivered a quality system (Fronius SYMO inverter, with wifi performance reporting; 20 Trina Honey 305W Mono panels - on time and to our complete satisfaction. Reviews of suppliers on Solarquotes site was of great assistance and reassured us in our decision. Research can be time consuming and it did lead to infornation overload for us, so it was a relief to get an installer we considered we could trust. One other installer quoting sent overpriced quotes via email and later asked what discount they needed to give to get the business - too late, quote realistically at the outset was the answer. The third installer quoting sent a salesperson to call and quote, nice enough guy, they were a little slow getting back and answering some questIons - the salesman might not have been across technicalities, and we did not have the same confidence in them even though they were a bigger company. Make sure you have confidence in the installer you choose. Show additional information
The 5 star write ups on the company are an accurate reflection of this high quality firm.
No sales pressure. They were on time & quality installation, prompt application for smart meter installation to Energy Australia. Love the Fronius Inverter Wifi system can check Solar performance anywhere, anytime on my Iphone
Shan from HelioEnergy was very good with product information.
His workers were very punctual with their arrival time to install the panels.
Cleaned up after they have finished at the end of the day.
Overall it was a very good experience having HelioEnergy to install my solar system.
We were referred by SolarQuotes to 3 solar installers for quotes and after careful deliberation went with HelioEnergy Pty Ltd (Shan Gao). Shan Gao is excellent to deal with and we found him very customer focused, responsive and honest. Shan is the Engineer, system designer and owner of HelioEnergy and has a B.Eng and a M. Eng.Sci from UNSW, consequently we felt much more comfortable dealing with Shan than with the salesmen from other parties quoting. Shan will explain the technical aspects as far as you would like, and will provide advice on what is suitable for your circumstances based on the information you give him and your historical or expected usage pattern.
We had a 5kW Fronius 5.0 SYMO Inverter (3 Phase) with free WiFi monitoring and a 6.1kW power system of 20 Trina Honey MONO 305W solar panels installed, battery ready for the future. The HelioEnergy quote was competitive with (or better than) the other two quotes we got.
The three men doing the installation under Shan’s supervision were very good, careful, polite and hardworking – they know their jobs. The whole system was installed and up and running in one day. Shan came back later to show us how the system works.
GETTING INFO and Quotes:
We did fairly extensive research on solar power and found the information overwhelming and confusing at times. SolarQuotes site helped immensely and we are pleased we got the quotes through them. We are Sydney suburban based and one series of quotes (via email only) was from an installer (salesman) based on the NSW Central Coast at relatively high costs – and they did not call to meet us and check our situation or needs. For the other quote the salesman called and met us and talked through our requirements then emailed quotes to us. He was a bit slow following up some of our queries and nowhere near as technically sound as Shan whom we went with.
I would highly recommend Helioenergy to anyone seeking:
Professionalism
Product knowledge
Trustworthy in-house installation
Relable after sales/installation support
Quality Products
Helioenergy offers a Solid system and Value for money. Avoid the cheapies out there, as there are too many pitfalls.
We did a lot of homework our heads were in a spin on who to trust.
Congratulations Sharn you should be very proud of what Helioenergy represents and how you conduct your business!
And Sandra and I love how we can monitor our system on our easy to use phone app! Thanks!
Shan, who did the whole deal was great. He supervised the installation and was the certifying electrician. He is extremely qualified and knows his stuff. The upshot is my mate also had a 6KW 3 phase system installed by him and we have recommended Helio Energy to others. Show additional information
First call from an intern was a little underwhelming, but sent a detail quote with many options. Later on, Shan Gao (owner) contacted us, and came to visit the site. Shan was able to answer all my questions on the spot and was willing to do the installation neatly as I required. I went ahead with the installation. Shan Gao and the team came and did a very good installation. They all were very kind to answer questions and explain what they were doing. I am very happy with the installation. One loose connection on one of the string was detected the next day and fixed within 30 mins or so. i also had two optimizer installed on two panels and an overall consumption meter. I am glad i bought a consumption meter as it helps to see production and consumption on the same graph. Overall I would highly recommend Helio Energy. Show additional information
Shan Gao is also an electrical engineer.. Very thorough advice and he spends time designing the system for you. Upfront, honest, down to earth and right advice.. Quality of workmanship beyond par.. I would strongly recommend.. A rare gem in the plethora of run by night solar installers.. Keep up the good work Helio Energy! Show additional information
Shan - the owner of Helioenergy is a qualified Electrical engineer. He advised on best selection of system and was able to answer all the questions i had in layman's terms. He never tried to up-sell me to more expensive systems, merely stated facts about the downsides of a cheaper system vs the benefits of a more expensive one. I had cheaper quotes but Shan made such a positive impression price never came into the the decision process. Installation was effortless. Very skilled, polite, tidy installers who left no trace of them having been at my house, all overseen by Shan. Highly recommended. Show additional information
The website is great and even though I had troubles submitting my info I had help from the Solarquotes 'helpers' to guide me through it and very responsive. Lots of details on the website which is great but obviously the mind boggles when there is too much to read but that's not your fault. I almost signed up to one of those pushy companies but a fellow engineer introduced me to your website. Thank goodness. It took a lot of time to get to a supplier but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. At least I'm a lot more knowledgeable now about the systems which is good R&D for myself (I'm an electrical engineer but never really dealt with the nitty gritty of solar). I would recommend the website to anyone even though the install is not quite finished but so far so good. Show additional information
Strongly recommended.
I live in a 3 level split townhouse, and have a few quotes before I found Mr Shan Gao.
One of the quotes say I need a hire a cherry picker to pull the solar panel up to the roof,
wiring is hard to do as well etc which got me really worried.
Everything just went smoothly when Mr Shan came to install the solar panels without
even having to hire a cherry picker.
Job is done in one day and Mr Shan give me a reasonable price.
Shan Gao and his team proved to be highly efficient, courteous and diligent, throughout the installation process. My site created a few challenges for them to achieve a neat installation and time was not a consideration for them, to ensure a great outcome.

The system works as expected.

Helio Energy was the only firm to offer multiple solutions and system configurations, allowing me to choose from a wide range of options and component brands. Shan also provided some guidance in this regard supporting components with what appears to be independent opinions, and comparisons. This enabled my choice to be more informed and understanding of the pricing comparisons and installation outcomes to be expected.

I can highly recommend this firm to anyone who wishes to achieve a "Solar Solution" of their own choosing, with sound guidance from an installer who is very willing to work with them throughout the process. An installer who has exhibited great patience in answering my many questions, including through the installation itself.
I found Helioenergy through Solarquotes. Shan their owner called me immediately and was very warm on the phone and allowed me to specify what I was looking for. He also asked if I wanted additional suggestions in a way that was very helpful and not pushy or without disrespecting the research that I had done prior to that. He was up front and honest about the products that he can use and gave what I felt was very honest opinions on brands, configurations, return on investment etc. When he attended my house, he was up front about any challenges and any possible changes to the quote, but assured me that it was highly likely that the quoted price would not change. He also assisted me in preparing for a battery installation in the future, advising on products, locations for the inverter, possible locations for the battery and even told me about the Australian standards, drafted proposals, the likely changes to my daily capacity, provided satellite photos of my roof with alternate options for installation and was very comfortable to deal with.
I agreed to the system, 6.5 kW, Jinko panels, Fronius inverter for a a good price compared to other quotes I received. He was able to install within 2 weeks and upon arrival, my wife was gobsmacked at the professionalism of the team. They arrived before 7:30am but had agreed to arrive at 7:30 and therefore waited until 7:29 on the dot to ring the door bell. They insisted on taking their shoes off when walking in the house so that they don’t leave mess, brought their OWN microwave to heat their lunch in order to avoid inconvenience to us and were all round the most professional trades people we have ever dealt with.
The system is working incredibly well and Shan even provided follow up advice and support. I didn’t think that there were people out there as professional as this company. I have since had two friends use the same company because of the rave opinion I had of them.
Well done Helioenergy.
I would recommend Helioenergy's Shan Gao and his team to anyone contemplating solar without hesitation. Show additional information
Very helpful with queries and very professional to deal with. Installation was a breeze - quick and efficient without any fuss. Show additional information
I highly recommend HelioEnergy.
Shan was a pleasure to deal with. He knows solar and was happy to share that knowledge, and to answer whatever questions I had at our first meeting, and subsequently.
He recommended a system that is right-sized for my needs, contains quality components that should last. And all at a good price.
The installation was completed in one day as promised (even with some rain), and has been generating energy as expected from that day.
I'm very pleased thus far and will happily recommend Shan and HelioEnergy to my friends.
After spending weeks researching and getting quotes I decided on HelioEnergy based on price, quality, and experience. Shan is the owner of HelioEnergy he was very understanding of my needs from the moment I contacted him till the job was done. I ended up with a 6.6kW system which included 22 x 300w Longi panels and a 5kW Fronius inverter. Since installation it has been producing on average 29kWh each day, which is beyond my expectations. I'm very happy with the outcome and would recommend Shan and HelioEnergy to anyone. Show additional information
I almost went with a shonk outfit until I was steered towards SolarQuotes.

Shan Gao, HelioEnergy, attended my site and gave the best attention to any question I asked. The install was done far quicker than expected and I was able to monitor the professional progress of his crew. I also looked at the hardware and noted it was all coated stainless steel. I have building experience and I did not hesitate to score the work top marks in every aspect. Electrical fit-out was very neat and professional too.

I went for 18 Trina Honey panels and a 5kW Sungrow inverter. I did not opt for SMA or Fronius due to their price premium and also because the Sungrow is regarded as about the best of the cheaper variety, it also performs as well or better than the expensive ones. IMO, no point spending big on an inverter if it might need changing out for any future battery technology, if and when it becomes available at a practical price point (just my suspicion though!). Personally after reading about Sungrow and Trina, I feel confident with the quality. Also I didn't overclock the system.
Note, both Helioenergy and Solaredge sales people presented well, the third person that was meant to quote never got in contact with us. Show additional information
The team at HelioEnergy we’re the best choice after looking around for many months for the right installer. Their honest approach added true value to my experience. Resulting in exactly what I needed and wanted from a solar system. I look forward to using the power generated by the system installed and designed by HelioEnergy. Show additional information
They answered all my questions, have my system installed 10 days after paying deposit. They arrived on time on the day and it took one full day for my two storey house. Everything works from the next day. They cleaned up after the installation as well.

My system consists of 24 x Trina 275W panels + Fronius Primo 5kW + Fronius Smart meter.
Date of installation to be determined Show additional information
I will recommend them to others. Show additional information
Helio was quick in action. From time of paying deposit to installation completion only took a few weeks. Installation was done in one day.
Inverter tripped the second day after installation, possibly due to the grid voltage fluctuation of a very hot day. Inverter recovered by itself and it has been running smoothly since.
Overall I am happy with their communication, work and the system.
Shan Gao from Helio was very thorough. Show additional information
Everthing thing was delivered as promised the installer did a fantastic job and went beyond what is reasonable. His people were very careful and thorough. Show additional information
I'd ask people to at least speak to these people. Show additional information
I don’t normally do reviews, but I am extremely happy with the workmanship by Shan from Helio Energy Pty Ltd after completion of the job. I have been looking into solar for a few months and after an increase in electricity rate, plus some analysis into the surprisingly good break even time, I decided to go ahead. Having a three phase house I had a number of questions about the wiring as well as different solar options. I have since learned Shan is not only a licenced electrician, but also has degrees in engineering and science. After many back and forth phone calls with Shan, and him being able to answer my difficult questions (many couldn’t), as well as clearing my worries about roof workmanship, I decided I would seek another quote. The quote was competitive with many others and Shan was able to complete the job very quickly. I’m still awaiting the 3 phase net meter from my electricity retailer, but my invertor output is showing I’m producing a large amount of power nicely. I’m very happy with the install. When your house modifications involve electricity and roofing installs, things need to be done right! I highly recommend Helio Energy for solar. For the record I went with micro inverters and a 10.2 kW system made up of 34 LG panels.

Cheers

Jonny

Caringbah NSW
Highly recommend Helioenergy. They responded quickly to our quote request, installed the system within 2 weeks of paying our deposit, fast friendly and professional installation team, and a fantastic price. Show additional information
I highly recommend Helio to anyone looking for solar.

Helio was very professional throughout the whole process. They responded quickly to our quote request and was always quick to answer questions.

They use quality components at a very competitive price.

Their installers took care with their work and all the wiring were cleverly hidden. They even cleaned up after themselves.

Recommended!
I got shading issue of my house. And Mr. Gao is very patient and the panel layout has been refined back and forth for a couple of times. The optimiser solution and REC half-cut panel addressed the shading problem in a very cost-effective approach. Yesterday, 44kw is generated and i am very happy with the result of 5kw system. Show additional information
We luckily decided choosing HelioEnergy (Mr Gao Shan's team). I have installed a solar panel system on our rooftop. HelioEnergy did such great job and we got what we exactly required. The installation team worked very efficiently. They organised to install Ausgrid meter within 2 days after solar panels were installed, which is amazing. Furthermore, HelioEnergy gave us a lot of good advices during the installation process. For example, they found out that our TV antenna had fell down when they climbed on the rooftop. Immediately, they advised us to move TV antenna to a better position, and to assemble and adjusted it perfectly. They kindly help us to do all of the extra job. Now our TV signals improved a lot. Most important thing is that our solar system has been working very well since. My wife and I very much appreciate it that HelioEnergy did such an excellent job for us. Show additional information