Helioenergy

Helioenergy Reviews

Helioenergy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Rydalmere and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,450 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Helioenergy Reviews (110)

Most professional of all quotes received

Good service to date. Generally responsive and provided guidance on options.

Professional installer, very easy to deal with

I really liked the way Shan talked with me over the phone during the quoting process, and then during the install. Unlike the other two companies that quoted, Shan was not pushy. He patiently answered all my questions, some of them probably a lot more detailed than what he would normally get (as I'm an electronics engineer).

He was upfront with me on when they would likely be able to do the install (he said 2-3 weeks). And it turned out to be precisely in that timeframe, even with the impact of Covid.

The install looks neat, all wiring is inside the roof and walls where possible.

I felt Shan and his team took good care of the roof. They even went as far as replacing a few cracked tiles on a part of the roof that wasn't where they were working, just because they noticed a cracked tile there.

I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone. Very professional and easy to deal with.

Brilliant

Shan and the team at HelioEnergy are brilliant, nothing was a problem, system installed without any delays and workmanship is outstanding.

I highly recommend you consider HelioEnergy.

Rapid Installation

I had a prompt respeonce from all the companies recommended.
Helioenergy had the best system and the best expaination of the process.
The install and the new meters from the power company were handled seamlessly, I didnt have to do anything.

Original Review on 24-08-2020:

Good efficient install and quality product so far

Plenty of good info from the three quoters, a good range of products and flexibility. Decided to go with the lowest price for good quality 6.6kW panels and high-end 5kW inverter. Excellent installation, all professional, punctual, good comms, polite and tidy. Grid connections sorted, as was smart meter reporting (I still love checking it through the day!). Very happy with all aspects and the outcome. Original ratings

11 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, absolutely, we're really happy with the system. It has given us an understanding of power usage and also changed how we use power (for the better). Only downside was the relatively low feed-in tariffs from AGL, but that sounds like it is improving in August 2021. But we wouldn't change anything, it has been great.

Best installer I found and already recommended to friends

Quoting is very precise and installation team member are very polite, tidy and punctual.

Especially I want to mention Mr Gao’ expertise in solar. He is very knowledgeable and patient. He answered my all solar-related concerns in my circumstance and offered me a best suitable solution.

Their price is competitive too. Already recommended to my friends!

Quick response and offered many options

Shan was quick to respond with options, more importantly, he was not a pushy salesperson.

Answers questions honestly, Install was quick, efficient and tidy.
Followed up with meter change and advice on feed in tariffs.
Have decided to do a 2nd install with Shan and HelioEnergy.

Solar

Was happy with sales and quotation process
installation was done in 2 days
they did help with grid connection

Excellent service

I have found Shan Gao very knowledgeable and helpful making my decision process for my final solar power system (8.58kW) a fairly quick one. His installer crew were also polite, tidy and helpful taking just about 6 hours (including lunch and rest times) to install 22 solar panels with 22 micro inverters and production/consumption monitoring system. Grid connection application was submitted by HelioEnergy the following day but actual meter change took nearly 3 weeks.

Excellent installer

Helioenergy installed a 9.9kw enphase system around about 31 March 21. There customer service and installation were excellent. We had two other quotes from SolarQuote installers. They also seemed good value - but Helioenergy were several hundred dollars cheaper - and designed the system that best suited our needs. The system seems to be working very well.

Would recommend to friends & family.

Pre-install process was great, Shan shared good description of the different parts including technical specs and recommendations and was also able to share new panels arrivals and alternatives.

We originally were given an install on Monday/Tuesday, which ended up being Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Would have appreciated the heads up but that was mostly a factor of us trying to squiz ourselves between 2 other installs so I won't blame them on that.
The installers were nice/polite and careful with anything in our home. No issues whatsoever.

Once installed we had some quick help on how to setup the Enphase Enlighten app and get the information, Shan did set up the details on the panel array for us and organised the grid connection/change necessary in our electricity provided. All good!

Only hiccup in that whole story is that I noticed one of the panel was producing about half of the others, which I shared with Shan who is coordinating the warranty claim. Now I can't blame Helio for a defective panel, but it would be fairly easy for them to check production on the first day to check for anomalies. Maybe they would have after a few days.

Overall, very happy customer and would definitely recommend Shan / HelioEnergy to anyone & everyone.

They did a good job.

1. They listen to me and gave me what I wanted at a good price.
2. The installation went smoothly. The guys were polite and tidy.
3. Customer service was excellent. They organised the connection to the grid, set up system performance and tracking on my computer. They also recommended a suppler who was giving the best feed in rate at this point in time.

5/5 Extremely Happy

Extremely happy with HelioEnergy from quoting through installation and after sales service.

Process from quote to install was a little under 3 weeks. Absolutely no sales pressure - was just given a number of options to consider. Shan came out to inspect the site and patiently answered all of my questions.

Ended up using Qcells 27 x 390 ML-G9 390watt panels to maximise limited roof space usage as wanted to future proof for upcoming needs. Matched with enphase IQ7A (7a required as the IQ7+ rated to 385w max) microinverters due to shading issues.

Installation done by HelioEnergy employees in house (not subcontracted) - the installers were very polite, methodical, efficient and very neat and tidy. Would have been completed in one day but due to rain had to come back and finish the next morning. Enphase programmed with panel level visibility production as well as house consumption. Aesthetically looks great - everything lines up perfectly on the roof - all conduits neat which is important. Got the biggest litmus test the next day with 4 days of solid rain / Sydney's flooding event - absolutely no issues with leaks.

Was a very small issue with the enphase reporting very slight negative consumption over night - I was waiting for my final invoice to let them know. Without receiving any invoice Helio called back in and fixed this proactively (was that the CT consumption monitor had some leakage and the terminals needed to be tightened a little) - and they explained it was their policy not to invoice until everything is up and working absolutely perfectly. Turns out the enphase is smart enough to report any problems to the installer directly - how neat. That's what I call great customer service.

Very happy to recommend Helio Energy

Great installer

The process with Shan from the initial contact to post installation was very easy. Options provided were reasonable and the prices competitive. Installation was handled with due care. Well recommended.

Original Review on 15-06-2020:

As expected

The salesman is an engineer, I like his approach. A lot of of detail explanation. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Danny: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system performs as expected. On the hence side, I should have installed few more panels to max my roof space.

Happy customer

The quotation process was easy. Once Shan got my requirements he offered various options with all the support information. Courteous and not pushy like some others.
Once I was happy to go ahead, Shan came to the property to inspect the roof and switchboard to make sure there was no surprises.
Installation was done on time, with minimal disruptions.
Shan provided information to set up monitoring and helped to arrange authority meter replacement.
So overall I’m very happy with Helioenergy and would recommended them to anyone interested in solar.

Fantastic installer

Very good and informative proposal. Arrive and finish punctual on the schedule day. Good follow up and help to organise the grid connection after the installation in one stop. Thank you.

Value for Money

Helio Energy where on time & helpful. Install went as planned and all commitments were completed as promised.

Almost paid off.

After talking to Shaun I decided to install 40 QCells and a 10kw fronius inverter in Feb 2019. My yearly electricity Bill's were close to $3500 a year. I produce much more electricity than I need and origin pays me 21kw h. So I earn $1400 from origin. End result will be the system will be paid off in around 2 1/2 years.
Shaun and his team were excellent. Great to deal with someone who new what he was talking about and not a cowboy sales person.

Dec 20 Solar Edge inverter/Trina panel Installation

Helioenergy (Shan in particular) made the whole process fuss free and simple for us. He answered all our queries and concerns, took time to come out on site and his team of installers (roofers, electrician etc) worked so efficiently on the day and were punctual and polite. It was nice to deal with the owner rather than a salesperson. They organised grid connection and provided all the paperwork. We have already recommended Helioenergy to our friends and family.

Only required to gently follow up quotes but well worth the wait.

Original Review on 23-03-2020:

Heiioenergy

All good - very good information on system very efficient installation grid connecti. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, we have been fortunate so far. Excellent service - Helioenergy even fixed some roof problems (free) quite unrelated to the solar system. We have been pleased to recommend them to others.

Original Review on 28-03-2020:

Good all round

Good price. good system, several quotes to make a decision from, fast install, organised for smart meter connection.
Great to deal with and nothing to do.

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very Knowledgeable + competitive pricing

Shan from Helio Energy P/L is a very nice fellow to deal with and has a team who work quietly and in a cohesive manner to do a very good quality job.
Small details are not left to chance as the system takes shape through the day.
A very tidy, very polite, nothing is a problem team who know their work and work well together.

I am an electrician/TAFE Teacher and I know what a quality job looks like!
Very impressed with the workmanship.
Pricing is good, could be cheaper elsewhere, maybe? but it is true that you do get what you pay for here.

What price premium do you put on knowledge, ability to perform all day, work as a well co-ordinated team + more??

I am very happy with the overall process from go to woe.
I am not the easiest customer to deal with given my knowledge in this area and my desire to push the limits. Shan (mostly) put up with my painful at times questioning well.

Well done Shan and well done to your team!

I wish them all the best for the future,
Howard

Flexible approachable honest and value for money

Shan is very approachable and provides honest and diligent answers , suggestions.

Seamless installation and billing process

Great value for money and professional installation

Pretty happy with all the steps from quoting and installation

Really nice job

Gave the most detailed quotes with various different options out of all the quotes I received which made it much easier to make decisions on what we wanted. The system was installed well within the time frame quoted and they did a good job. There were a couple of things that needed to be changed after the install and they were promptly fixed. Shan the owner came by after the final fixes and spent time with me going through the details of the system and the supporting app. So far the system is working exactly the way we were expecting. Have not received our first electricity bill yet but we can already see the system has made a dramatic impact on our usage.

Fantastic Installer

Communication and quote process was bit slow but the installation was relatively quick. They even worked on Saturday and rearranged my switch board to accommodate room for net meter without any extra charge.
They designed the panels on the roof in such a way that according to my solar analytics the system is performing well above expectations.
Great price and Good customer service all the way and absolutely no sales pressure felt at any stage. They have completed the paperwork and now I am waiting for net meter.

Original Review on 31-01-2020:

Great Installer

Shan was excellent. He has a very good understanding of solar and provided a clear explanation of the pros and cons of various systems. He was easy to deal with throughout the whole process, including when we needed to make a minor modification to our installation. Original ratings

6 months later we asked PAUL: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system meets my expectation.

My only issue with the installation was that nobody told me I would continue to be charged by my retailer (Energy Australia) for all of the electricity used in the household (including that generated by the new solar system) until Ausgrid installed a new smart meter. This wasted about a month's worth of solar generation.

Everything else was excellent.

Fantastic install, clear & detailed explanations

An efficient and tidy installation by the Helioenergy team. What set Helioenergy apart from the rest was the patient and detailed answers to our questions. Pricing was very competitive as well.

Smooth Installation, Excellent Service, Honest Advice, Good Price

Shan was prepared with plenty of questions about what we hoped to achieve from the system and was able to provide honest advice. I had already received a number of quotes prior to engaging with Shan and he was able to offer a competitive price - but what really sealed the deal was his honesty and flexibility with providing what I required.

Shan's team work very hard and get the job done as quickly as possible.

I can recommend Helio Energy without any hesitation.

10kw SolarEdge w QCell Duo

Came to site to inspect and discuss options before quoting, pricing was the most competitive And many options provided.

Followed through on all promises and the installation went smoothly

Very happy with them and the product

Great Price for a great system

My house is an inner city terrace house. It is quite high and although it was a problem Shan found the solution without extra cost. The system was better than we thought we could get for the money and we eventually got more power than we need to accomodate for future expansion. We don't have air conditioning at the moment but will probably get it later on so that was great.
His guys were very profesional and did the job quickly and efficiently.
He had the best price / quality combination in my opinion.
Shan is a very good comunicator and is very easy to deal with.

Very knowledgeable, competent and able to put together a custom system with equipment meeting specific requirements.

All was seamless and rather easy, lots of relevant info supplied and advice provided plus an ability to provide accurate advice. Installation was timely, neat, very clean and no fuss.

Honest advice

Honest and quick install. I did not feel like Shan was trying to up-sell me.

Original Review on 20-04-2019:

Clear and good advice from the installer. Punctual and easy to work with. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ching Yan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 11-04-2019:

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 04-03-2019:

I now recommend your service to anyone who will listen - and even to those who don’t. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. With good monitoring we have been able to make the most of our system. Our electricity bills are now pretty much zero - for a family of six. I think you should encourage people to install any additional hardware required to allow them to monitor their system remotely. Without that you are flying blind. (But you also need to be sufficiently 'nerdy' to use and appreciate the remote monitoring technology).

Original Review on 13-02-2019:

8 months later we asked Chad: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very good, generating around 50kw per day

Solar & Battery

The sales/quoting process was a breeze, and the installation was on time, precise and tidy.
And above all, Shan Gao the owner was on hand from start to finish with a follow up call to make sure everything is ok! Our grid connection was arranged after installed and our Meter will be swap over in a couple weeks

Old customer up-grade solar system to 5Kw

1. Mr Gao is very nice and quote me 2 options (a) Fix 1.9K old system, or(b) fix + up-grade to 5Kw new system;
2. Installation staff are Polite and Tidy, very good service;
I am very happy to get their excellent service again.
Shan and team were excellent. System fitted, clean and professionally installed.
No question too silly and no rush or pressure. Came out and discussed requirements and options in person. From the other two recommended suppliers got one who wanted to just talk over the phon eand the other just didn't follow up.

PV made easy

After a few months of research mainly with the SQ site, we worked towards obtaining 4 PV quotes, 2 from SQ, 1 from Council initiative and 1 from a Community preferred supplier. As we live in a heritage house in a heritage precinct the Council has an approval process to go through, issue was mainly around "minimal impact" in the heritage precinct which minimised the number of north facing panels visible from the street. From the 4 quotes and the Council approval constraints, Shan was the one who consulted / worked with us for a PV solution of 3 PV arrays on 3 roofs with 2 strings and taking into consideration the tree shading issues.

Provided the deposit, within the week installation underway and done in 2.5 days and was very neat and tidy, no rubbish left on site. I asked a few question of the installers and received very good answers and demonstration of how stuff worked and this was from the apprentice electrician.

Shan just makes it easy for you, answers your often PV misunderstanding questions and provided technical guidance so you can understand. Final quote, invoicing, payment and grid connection / meter exchange all easy.

Excellent customer service from start to finish

Went through the 3-quotes process and ended up with 2 excellent solutions proposed by 2 well recommended providers.

Have 3 phase power and a large flat roof space but significant shading from a gum tree during winter so needed some form of panel optimisation. Ended up having a choice between SolarEdge single phase inverter and Enphase microinverters with both solutions tied to mid range Tier 1 panels.

Both providers were very attentive, knowledgeble and both had reps come onsite. Shan from HelioEnergy provided more compelling arguments for the microinverter solution. Shan's technical background and patience in explaining the technology and installation process was most welcome.

Ended up installing 40 QCell Duo G5 panels each fitted with an Enphase IQ 7 microinverter. Individual panel monitoring plus household consumption is provided via the Enphase Enlighten app. The installation process was trouble free. The HelioEnergy team started and finished on time, were friendly and cleaned up upon completion.

After more than a month, the system is operating very well... The whole family loves monitoring the power flows.

Thanks very much to Shan and the team at HelioEnergy.

Fast, efficient and hassle free.

Highly recommended Shan Gao and the team did a great job very polite, on time and clean up after the installation,
The system perform as expected.

The price is comparable to 2 other solar quote recommended installer, however Helio system include the 3 phase inverter at no additional cost.

Thanks again Shan and the team for great installation, job well done.

Top Marks all round

Owner Shan Gao from Helio Energy wqs the last company I made contact with and only 1 of 2 companies out of the 5, I had quotes from, to come out and inspect property. All other quotes to this point had recommended the 6.6kW to 8 kW systems. After discussing with Shan my needs long term,Shan was the only Company to recommend using 10kW systems who also gave me 3 options. I had it mind to take the dearest quote, but after asking Shan which was the better overall system he would install if this was his property,it came in being option 2, which I went ahead with "saving me an additional $2,000".
Installation took 2 full long 12 hour days,Shan's staff were fantastic,hard working and very polite and afterwards have organised change of meters as well. Very professional,patient and answered all my questions with additional information/examples where needed.

I would highly recommend Helio Energy Pty Ltd to anyone.

Highly recommended

HelioEnergy and Shan made the whole process easy, clear and professional from initial discussion, through quoting and installation to commissioning.

Very satisfied and do not hesitate in recommending.
Install has taken a while. Waiting for energy supplier to install meter. Helioenergy very helpful and polite. Install very neat. Good communication.