I Want Energy

I Want Energy Reviews

I Want Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Moonah and serves TAS. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,700 - $10,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

I Want Energy Reviews (77)

A very efficient process

Installers were great, office communication very good with several follow up calls appreciated.

Just waiting on final approval from power company to switch on

Thanks for the review Robert! So glad we could help you with your solar needs! :)

Amazing product and service!

Highly recommended the team at I Want Energy!
Very knowledgeable and made the whole process so easy. The Customer service is outstanding. The product works and looks amazing. They even do follow up call after the installation! Couldn't recommend this company high enough for any smart energy needs.

Thanks so much Adrian! It was a pleasure to work with you :)

Original Review on 13-08-2020:

Job well done

Professional from start to finish. Salesman dead on time, office staff great and installers exceptional. They were punctual, courteous , tidy with the worksite and did a very good job athsetically. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System working better than expected. Getting ready to put a system on another one of our properties. Still have a great opinion of I Want Energy.

Comprehensive advice

Professional and thorough
Not trying to sell us things we didn't need - battery for example
High-quality service
The information they gave us made more sense than that given by other companies so went with them even though cost a little higher

Thanks Kristin!

Amazing Service!

Incredible team to work with from beginning to end! From the quote to the installation the service was completely faultless. Alex came to our house to provide a quote and gave great advice, the workmen that installed the panels were friendly, on time and made provision to work around our dogs which made life so much easier and the office staff were always so friendly! We are so happy with the outcome of our installation and would recommend this provide to everyone!

A hastle free experience

Arranged three quotes
One gave minimal information and took a week to send the quote which was vague and still lacked detail so was rejected
The other two were price similar so it came down to which system seemed best for us.
Chose in the end I Want Energy and from then on the whole process was quick, efficient and painless.
Would highly commend them on their efficiency.

Excellent investment

Everything was installed as planned and communication was excellent throughout the process. No hidden costs and easy to deal with! Would definitely recommend

Very happy with the process and installation

Everything from the quoting process, communication and installation went very smoothly. Product installed efficiently and without any issues. I am waiting on the change of meters and turning on of the inverter before I can give any comments on the systems function.

Great customer service

So far so good, only had solar installed for a month.
Great company to deal with.

Great to deal with this is our second install with I want energy and would definitely recommend them

Great to deal with this is our second install with I Want Energy would definitely recommend them

Original Review on 18-09-2020:

Excellent work

The quotng process by Alex was thorough and complete. Got on the roof for inspection and measurement. Was knowledgable and discussed the pros and cons of alternatives.
The installation team was professional, tidy and competent. There was a parts glitch that delayed the install and also a decision to change the panel angle ( for a technical reason )without discussion. Both issues were dealt with easily and to my satisfaction. Sam the installer was very approachable and easy to deal with. He researched the issue and solved the problem.
The grid connection etc was flawless and rapid.
They have said they will look at shading issues after a full 12 mths data analysis and make adjustments as required.
Very happy with the service and would highly recommend the team

5 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Almost. The winter output was a bit lower than expected but the summer has been spot on.
The tarrif 92 off/on peak has been a difficult issue to work around as it glitches with daylight saving.
Hotwater usage has also been an adjustment as using solar means my recirculating pumps cant be used long term and need to be specifically activated prior to use
Overall though unit is working well. Good install quality wise.

Totally professional

Although our system has not been installed as yet we have been nothing but happy with the professionalism of I want energy. Alex came to our house spent a good hour and a half explaining the pros and cons of solar. He got on the roof with me and we discussed several options for our east west north roof. I have no doubt that the installation will be flawless and that the company will be there for the long term. After the install I will post an update.

Great sales/design with top quality installation

Of the three quotes I WANT ENERGY was the best in all areas Alex was very polite listened to my needs was on time and before he left I had a professional design and complete quote in my hands. The installation team were excellent top job neat and left the site spotless. The finished installation exceeded my expectations. Very happy with the support of all the members of IWE.

Quality advice

They may not be the cheapest, but they really understand their product and design a system for your house. They stand behind what they sell and they care about their customers.
If you don't want any dramas or stuff-ups I'd recommend these guys. Very pleasant to deal with.

Excellent customer service. Professional job.

Very thorough quote process including site visit. Detailed quote with four options presented. Chose 11kW system with two inverters and 30 panels. Reasonable pricing in line with industry standards. Professional, neat installation done on time. Customer service was first class throughout. Would definitely recommend!

Great team

Really efficient, come when they say they will, quick installation, system performs exactly as promised.

professional all round

Install went through with zero issues. Customer service was top notch and the panels look fantastic on the roof. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Original Review on 14-04-2020:

Great team all round from quote to installation.

I want energy we’re fantastic through the whole process. Keiron helped our understanding of how our system would run and having a visual presentation on laptop was great. He was very professional and truthful about how much money we would save. The installation team were efficient and very clean in their work practices. Our experience with I Want Energy was brilliant and we have no hesitation in recommending them. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Allyson: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes absolutely! We have a 6kw system over two tariffs 31 and 41. Tariff 31 for power and lighting during days of high sunshine delivers 70 to 100% self sufficiency during the summer and 30 to 50% during winter (not bad for Tasmania). Tariff 41 is for hot water and we have a smart meter attached to this which delivers 100% feed in to the grid and allows us to consume hot water at times that suit our household.

One really great advantage with our system is the accompanying app provided by Fronius which allows us to constantly monitor our systems performance. To date we have saved 1.6 tonnes of CO2 being shed into the atmosphere.

The greening

The helped organize the the grid connection ,thanks thanks thanks thanks

Excellent

I Want Energy is a great company to deal with... organised... good quotes and information.... on time... good products

Best choice I’ve made

Fantastic service , we decided to go with I Want Energy for a number of reasons
Alex turned up on time , no sales push just an honest quote and helpful knowledge.
Panels went on by their contractor Sam
No mess they cleaned up afterwards.
The panels look great with good quality materials.
When the electrical inspector came to look at the electrical works , he made comment that I Want Energy were one of the better companies around.
We accept their quote not on price but from word of mouth from others who had used them
Our power consumption has dropped from $8.00 a day to around $0.80 - $1.20 a day
We’ve been getting 30kw - 42kw a day back into the grid
A well designed system
I Want Energy

Contextualised expertise

Sales advice clear and based on current and future energy consumption.
Installation as per discussed, suited to layout and colour scheme of house.

First Rate Solar Energy Experience

So far, we have ad a wonderful experience. I Want Energy staff have all been professional, accessible and extremely helpful. Installation has been efficient. We are now almost ready to switch on and see how the whole system works.

Installation success! No coal burning and exporting 20kw per day

Friendly sales and reasonable quote. On site measure of roof pitch and panel direction. Bill comparisons determined the most efficient and cost effective size. Easy online agreement process.

I am very pleased with the installation and the process followed to get it here. Well done!

The quote was prepared effectively and with full disclosure. The process was impressive.

A pleasure doing business with this company & would recommend them to anyone looking at getting into solar.

Good quality & value for money & great customer service from the quote to the installation & promptness.

Very professional installation. Good advice.

Good installation apart from grumpy electrician and reversed useage sensor.

Flat roof system

These guys were very professional and neat and inspired a great deal of confidence for long term support

Easy process from start to finish. Great price, exceptional customer service all round.

Fantastic process from start to finish, very very happy. Excellent customer service from I Want Energy from Josh, IT and office ladies. Installers, Toby & his team of 2 hard workers, very knowledgeable and polite. Thankyou for your recommendations.

A very pleasing experience.

Very courteous, good communication from I Want Energy. and a good price with an itemized quote.
We were very happy with the contracted installer.who communicated for the installation date, arrived on time, and was very neat with their work. Very happy to recommend this company.

excellent experience

From the first call from Chloe to meeting Josh and Toby his crew my solar experience was well planned and completed to my satisfaction I can recommend I want energy to all seeking a solar system. Well done team.

Original Review on 27-01-2020:

Friendly, prompt and efficient

Sales and quoting was very friendly, business like and informative.
Installation was on time, professional and efficient.
Customer service couldn't be more helpful in all aspects.

8 months later we asked Barrie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

3KW system has yielded 2.3MW since Jan 2020.
In Tasmania the feed in rate has been greatly reduced so the inverter has been installed on the Hot Water tariff. I replaced the 3.6kW water heater element with a 1.8KW element to reduce the load on the PV cells and installed a time clock to make sure the HW only draws power during day light hours. This has meant a greatly reduced HW bill.

Good, prompt service

The sales enquiry was dealt with swiftly and a salesman visited precisely on time and was very efficient in developing the quote at the time.
Price was good for the quality of the equipment supplied.
Installer was very good and dealt with a problem very well. He explained the process well and always delivered what he promised.
We now await the final inspection and cut over.
Slight concerns with the Wi-Fi connection to the inverter.

Great support

Had good contact, info and service throughout with tips for saving money and bang for buck.

Thanks for a great experience

A huge thank you to Rob and his team for the work they did to install our off grid solar energy system. We suffered a bit of a disaster and needed to have a new off grid system installed in a hurry. I Want Energy came to the rescue promptly and enthusiastically. I really appreciated that Rob was able to explain fully and clearly what was required and how it was all going to work, a great relief these days when things can be so complicated. All the team were cheerful and polite and efficient, everything was left clean and tidy. That Rob checked in regularly to make sure everything was working well after installation was an added bonus that further boosted my confidence. I love the App that allows us to monitor our system continuously. Recently the electricity was down in our area for 24 hours and ours were the only lights burning. Thanks Rob you have certainly earned my recommendation.

Excellent service

Excellent service
The team at IWE were great - from quoting to installation to after sales service - all went smoothly. I am very happy with the product so far so look forward to seeing my next power bill. The app for my computer/phone is awesome enabling me to view power production at anytime. The staff kept me informed throughout the whole process - I am pleased to recommend them.

Original Review on 09-01-2020:

Will be installed in early Feb this year

They were prompt with a rep on site for quoted, very polite on the ball with what they could do, onto paper work, and in touch via email etc. Install is in Feb due to a lot of installs at this time also wait on system. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Heather: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes at this stage we are happy with the system, have to remember we live in Tasmania and our season is not as long as mainland for summer sun, at present we are having a lot of cloudy days with dark skies and drizzle

Premium service at competitive price

Having someone who understands every detail of their products and what options would best suit our needs lead us to 'I want Solar' after getting quotes from other companies/installers. As it is a large investment we needed assurance that we could get service and input in years to come, and I Want Solar is a well established company in Tasmania. Alex is a genuinely intelligent and helpful person with a wonderful ethos towards sustainable living. The installation team provided by I Want Solar were superb. They did a quality job, cleaned the site and would recommend Sam and team to anyone. Our inverter, gateway and battery are close to our front door so it was important that they looked slick. Every measurement was perfect. I would recommend to anyone and everyone.

7.26kw system Tas

Clearly the most knowledgeable company I dealt with. Sales pitch put me off initially but they turned out to be the best.
Company was easy to deal with from the office, to the quote on site, and the installers. Obviously a happy crew.

Original Review on 04-01-2020:

Excellent Installers, Great Customer Support.

The whole process was handled very professionally. I was very happy with the quality of workmanship by the Installers. Also the support from the staff at I Want Energy was fantastic. I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone considering Solar. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy with the system and the responses I have had from the Supplier, I Want Energy, to any issues I have had.

Very good communication and explained clearly. Every step was made seemless.

Polite and happy to answer any questions. Kept good communication through out the process.

Original Review on 07-09-2019:

Good service

I liked the thorough process of explaining to me all about sar systems at the quotation stage. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Keith : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance is good, as expected

Original Review on 05-08-2019:

Quality of System: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked William: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with its performance.

Original Review on 01-08-2019:

Alex presented us with a comprehensive range of systems matched to our budget. He knows his stuff... Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Have had our system for 6 months now. All great so far.

First class job!

"I Want Energy" advise, quote, supply the system and arrange installation. It's really easy plus they show the costs of their standard systems online so you know what the starting point for each size and quality of system will be. Makes it much easier to make the decision to start looking at solar when you have that information. The difficult part is knowing who is reputable, which is where "Solar Quotes" is a great help!
Sam Vagg Electrical Service did the installation. Sam and his men are really polite, friendly and did a first class job - neat, tidy and no mess left behind. Can't wait until the electricity company installs the required meter so we can start using it.
I rated the quality of the system as 4 stars because we are on a budget (Opal panels and Sungrow Inverter) but it will be interesting to see how much power it generates. For an extra $300 we have chosen an extended warranty for the inverter which brings it up to the same as the more expensive ones, i.e. 10 years.

Competent salesman and efficient installation. Great quality of workmanship.

Have not yet been connected to the grid but that is not the fault of I Want Energy. The installation process was quick and efficient. I fully expect the final connection and support will be a smooth process.

Very good system and neatly installed

Great local company that have quality products and good service. Alex was very helpful and knowledgeable of the products.
quoting was polite, informative and on time
installation was punctual, polite, clean and tidy and worked hard in adverse conditions.
Customer service was first class

Very satisfied

IWE visited promptly to inspect and quote, ensuring we thoroughly understood what we were looking at buying. Very professional. Installation was fast and tidy. All loose ends such as grid connection were sorted on the day. All up we are very happy with IWE. It was a 5.67kW system