Island Energy

Island Energy Reviews

Island Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in San Remo, VIC and Noosaville QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Island Energy Reviews (28)

4.3/5

4.4/5

Original Review on 03-11-2020:

My new solar in Cowes, Victoria

Made the process easy and they informed me I have 3 phase and upgraded the SMA inverter. Very happy so far. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Hi,
winter feed in is pretty low here but in the summer it paid its way. Victoria has dropped the feed in tarrif to 6.7 cents so system will take longer to pay for itself I suppose but have recently changed to a retailer with lower rates so probably will balance out. No problem with panels and the inverter is a 3 phase 6kw model that doesn't miss abeat sofar.
Cheers,
Paul Shadlow

Exemplary job

Island energy was thorough and efficient Have just had the electrician over to inspect so awaiting connection The customer service was great and job done quickly with no mess Altogether happy so far

ok

quoting process OK. installation Polite, Tidy, Punctual. CS. Connection OK.

Great Solar Install

The sales quote was very punctual, they arrived the day after the initial contact call was made, viewed the power bill and were very informative on what we would save and the total cost of the system. The sales person was well versed in all details regarding solar.Because they were to busy to do the install in december they kept the price at 2019 level with the rebate at 2019 level.
The install was done as their first job for 2020, they arrived at 0800 and it was completed by their own staff by 3pm all up and working.The installers were polite ,informative and very tidy there was no mess left behind.I was very impressed with the customer service,the staff knew what they were doing and nothing was too much trouble. They organised the grid connection and informed us of all that was required to get connected to the grid.I very impressed with the service and would recomend this company to anyone wishing to have Solar installed.

Original Review on 28-03-2019:

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 05-12-2018:

Island Energy went through different options, looked at our usage and offered a high end system that perfectly matched our needs at a competitive price.
Install was fairly painless, with great communication about progress and alterations during the job.
They were the only ones that mentioned grinding of roof tiles for mounting the panels.

We now have a 8.2 KW Fronius inverter with 27 Longi 300 W panels. Including smart metering.
At peak, we are generating 7.5 KW

I can highly recommend Island Energy - Noosa!

8 months later we asked Marnix: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, definitely!
We save between $400 and $500 per quarter on power bills.

Original Review on 12-08-2018:

We are still waiting for the system to be inspected and made operational.
Everything else has gone very well and the company have been very professional and they appear to be very knowledgeable about their products.

Quality of System: N/A

8 months later we asked Tony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has done what we expected and the after sales service from our installers has been great. They have followed up on an issue that we had and all seems to be resolved. Very happy so far with the system
Great company, did everything they said they would. Excellent installers, polite, professional and on time. System has been producing around 23kw per day since we installed it. Very happy.

Original Review on 20-07-2018:

One of your quoters was terrible and I let you know this as well and asked for a replacement quote. You responded with a survey, ignoring my request. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

Thanks for your review Tracey! I think your specific comments regarding the quotation process were directed at Solarquotes in general though not at us :)
It's certainly been a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to finishing your install once some of this rain clears up!

8 months later we asked Tracey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We were a high user of electricity and so far our bill went from $1500 to $400 for the spring quarter and from $995 to $99 in the summer.
Extremely happy with Island Energy. They worked with me to make sure I got exactly what I wanted (8kw plus battery). They were more than understanding and helpful when I changed my quote around. Love the team and the service. I couldn't be happier
They even moved our antenna for free.
Impressed with Company - service & information & explanation
Great job thank you
I am unable to rate the value for money becauseofthe one quote, but I have been interested in Solar for many years. I had a figure in mind and the quote was well under what I expected. The "sales pitch" was really a conversation. The tricky question of " have you had many complaints"? The answer was honest and straightf forward. As for potential savings, it is too early to say. It's only been five weeks and we are still not putting power into the grid. (power companys). But we have been using the power we generate to do our washing cleaning etc. The next account will show how much we can expect to save in the future.
Friendly helpful staff & installers, a very positive experience
Jims provides quotes on three different types of panels and inverters early and were very thorough. We waited quite some time for the additional quotes which raised some concerns re follow up service. We have not yet had the system installed so further feedback cannot be provided at this time.
The salesperson/owner was extremely helpful in advising me of how the product
works.
Advising me of best position etc for the roof.
I have had pre wiring done as house is not ready yet for installation.
This was a local company who came out and met me at the house.
For the other companies they sent an email with the price.
This company kept in regular contact with my enquiries.
Thanks

Thanks for your review Andrew! Glad we could be of assistance.
Island Energy was very prompt in responding to the request for a quote. The explanations about installation and the process to register for the feed-in tariff etc., were clear. They organised delivery of the components over the Christmas/New Year break and installation was in early January. There have been no problems with the equipment and it all works as advertised.