JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd
Silver Partner
JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 53 147 005 267  ABN active since 28 Oct 2010 | Jja Solar & Electrical Pty. Ltd.
ACN: 147 005 267  ACN active since 25 Oct 2010 | Jja Solar & Electrical Pty. Ltd.
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 241133C Jja Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

JJA Solar & Electrical is a local community based installer serving the Sutherland Shire and greater Sydney. The company has been operating as a Solar Installation business since 2010. John, the business owner, will personally see you through the whole process - from consultation through to installation and beyond. John offers a free consultation and quote, with honest expert advice.

JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Appears to be professional installation completed in a timely manner.

Quick quoting process and installed on appointed day. So far so good.
I looked after grid connection myself but you should ring your retailer to have meters changed to solar about two weeks before installation of the panels because it takes that long to happen. Otherwise you are sitting there with solar panels on your roof and not benefitting from it. Talk to your electricity retailer early in the process and try to co ordinate the installation of the panels with the conversion of your electricity meter.

Unfortunately retailers won’t install new meters until installation has been completed. Show additional information

Great Installer

JJA Solar were very easy to deal with and a good price, they turned up on the day and time that was arranged and the installation went without a hitch and the grid connection was arranged by them with ausgrid very happy with their service. Show additional information

Excellent job and great service

John did a great job installing our 8kw system. He is very polite and easy to deal with. They got the job done in a single day even with strong winds in the afternoon that made the install more difficult to achieve. Show additional information

Great Service

The quote was given quickly and easily without any fuss.

Installation went ahead on an agreed date and was done well with all questions answered. John was great.

After the installation John went ahead and organised connection with my retailer, all-round great service.

Great service & installation

We used JJA solar becausethe the high reviews.
We found the whole process to be seemless.
John was great to deal with.
The installation quality was excellent. John wanted to ensure there was limited visual impact with the external cabling/conduit.
I would recomend anyone to use JJA Solar for a professional job

Highly recommend John and his team.

I found John had a competitive price, he was responsive and happy to work in with my builder to get a seamless outcome for me. Happy customer Show additional information

Couldn’t be happier

I obtained a few quotes for my solar installation and John was the only one who took the trouble to come out and explain the process and physically inspect my property. The others did it all remotely via quoting software which generated a report (John supplied this also) but the fact he cared enough to come out was a point of difference for me.

He has also been doing solar installations for over a decade and is a very experienced electrician. There are a lot of new operators to this game trying to capitalize on the rising industry so it was important for me to avoid those. He also is the owner of the business and does not send subcontractors out to do the work on his behalf which was something I’d been warned to avoid. I’m told this has caused problems in the past if/when warranty claims are made. His offsider, Willy, was also a lovely guy and they appeared to work very well together.

Johns communication was also excellent. I sent many emails with questions as well as phone calls and texts, as I like to cover off every detail, and he answered them very promptly and without any annoyance which was refreshing. Often you can get push back from trades for asking too many questions but spending this much money is a big decision and John completely understood that.

He also went the extra mile by moving my TV antennae to ensure no shading on the panels and willing to promptly rectify any concerns or problems that arose.

The quote was very competitive and he didn’t try to sell me on expensive solar monitoring software that others did, even though he provided it as an option. The quote was well balanced with a few options.

Overall excellent customer service and price and a very positive experience. I have no hesitation recommending JJA solar for your installation.

No fuss, quality install.

John and his team at JJA solar were punctual and straight to the point.

JJA solar has great communication and are very punctual. They have kept me informed during the process leading up to the install and throughout the install itself.

The install was completed smoothly and the site left clean afterwards. We are just waiting on the meter upgrade of which the paper work has been lodged.

There was no sales pitch trying to push one way or the other, just honest and quality outcomes. Would happily recommend JJA solar.

John form JJA Solar did a great job in installing my 6.6kw system. The rain meant that he had to visit my house on 3 occassions so that the job could be completed. John organised the approval and hook up with my electrical supplier. I was extreemly happy with his service. Show additional information

Everything went smoothly.

John at JJA was very accommodating. He modified his quote as requested and when he found out that 3 phase wiring to the house was not required he reduced his quote appropriately. The work was completed very quickly. The tenants seem satisfied although I have no feedback on the performance of the system. The new system replaced an existing system that was damaged in a storm. Show additional information

Reliable and efficient

John was helpful, efficient and friendly. I would recommend JJA solar to anyone looking for a reliable installer. Show additional information

Great Work

John was very prompt in returning our call and an appointment was arranged to come and give us a quote. John turned up on time and was very informative and helpful. On installation day John was again prompt, work was completed and everything was cleaned up on completion. John helped with the arranging of the grid install. We found John to punctual and polite and it was a pleasure to do business with him and highly recommend him. Show additional information

Top Quality and Professional Service.

After being assured by much larger solar companies that their quoted prices were “unmatchable”, I approached John from JJA Solar for a quote. To my surprise, he did not only match the price I had previously been quoted, but significantly bettered it with the brands of the panels and inverter being exactly the same.

Through the whole process from quotation to installation, I could not fault John or his staff on any aspect. Professional and prompt service, together with a value for money system, is what you can expect from John. It was also great to be able to support a local business.

first stage easily completed

contact with recommended installer was quick and timely. Agreed date was kept and all installed in that one day. Workmen quiet and continuous all day.Currently at the stage of still waiting for energy company to do their part to get underway. Project not completed yet Show additional information

Fantastic

I'm not an electrical specialist / engineers so I can't comment on the technical component of the install. Against that backdrop, everything went very very well. I'd expressed concern re the positioning of the inverter re wifi coverage from my router. To counter that concern, JJA Solar were more than happy to come back and hard-wire the data connection if needed, I was impressed by that and I do trust JJA Solar to return if there are wifi issues.

The only observation - it would have been better to have submitted the new meter paperwork weeks before the solar install rather than after the install. If submitted earlier, the feed in tariff benefits would have been realizsng day i & JJA Solar would not need to come back and finish the install. JJA advised that it would take up to 21 working days to replace meter. So, currently we are not realising the full benefits from our solar install. It's not a major issue, more of a streamlining of the whole process.

Very easy quoting service. The first quote was actioned the next day and the next withing 3 days. I only organized 2 quotes for the exact same panels so was able to make my decision on those quotes and the cost factor as well on the locality of the installer who was local to me.
I contacted my installer and he responded quickly to my questions. I had a problem with the panels working initially and the installer came out the next morning to fix the problem and go through any questions I had.

Trustworthy installer.

Very helpful, and listened to my requirements. Looked for the best possible solution for my home. Surprised me at how punctual he was and how quick he procured system, and installed it. I felt confident that the owner of the business completed the installation. Was very quick to respond to by queries post installation, which is reassuring. Show additional information

Great job and nice guy to deal with.Good followed up with any questions asked

Great service and followed up with any questions or concerns. Would recommend him . Show additional information

Quality install

Good communication and answers emails and calls promptly
Neat and well executed install.
Smart meter organised during install.
Recommend JJA solar

Solar Panel Installation Alfords Point NSW

When looking around for an installer/supplier I was impressed with John's relaxed manner, professionalism and knowledge. After talking with John I felt very confident in his abilities. My installation was completed absolutely on time , I was further impressed by the quality/neatness of the visible electrical work inside my garage near the inverter. John even took care of the grid connection after the install. I would have no hesitation in recommending JJA solar to anyone considering Solar panels, Show additional information

Excellent !

The quoting process was very prompt and informative. It provided sufficient information to proceed with the system I requested.
John was very helpful and polite throughout the whole process. He and his team were punctual and very respectful of my property.
John walked me through the process of monitoring (via iPhone app), and what I needed to inform my electricity provider re my new solar system.

I definitely recommend JJA Solar !

Exceptional supplier and Solar system.

After deciding to go solar, the initial direction provided by Solarquotes enable me to better understand what was available in the market and the major differences in systems.
contact was made to all 3 providers that were recommended by Solarquotes, as well as some other indipendant suppliers.
While all of the suppliers recommended by Solarquotes were very proffsional in thier approach I decided to proceed with JJA Solarand Electrical.
John was extremely helpfull in supplying a few alternates quotes based on my initial request.
After a few discussions and emails John directed me to a much more suitable solar system.
Installation was very fast and the system has worked better than expected from day 1.
My experience in dealing through Solarquates and JJA Solar has been a very easy and pleasing process.
I would highly recomemend both to anyone thinking of installing a solar system.
Glenn.

Great installation

The quoting process was easy and very informative. The installation went very well, JJA Solar were polite, punctual and left no mess afterwards. Customer service was excellent however we had a problem with the smart meter which we’re confident will be resolved once EnergyAustralia installs their meter. Show additional information

JJA Great People to Deal With

John took the time to listen to what we wanted to use the system to do, and made sure our site was suitable. He called and arranged a day that was OK with us for installation and arrived on time on the day. The work was done quickly and efficiently and the site was left tidy and garbage free.
John provided all the details needed to connect to the grid (the supplier required us to do it, not the installer).

Great Solar Install

From the start John from JJA Solar was very easy to deal with and was happy to answer any questions I had and amend quotes with no fuss.
Once I was happy with the quote and the products John did a site visit just to ensure there were no site issues which enabled us to meet and discuss the install process.
2 weeks later John and his crew installed the solar as planned, swiftly, safely and cleanly.
John also followed up to ensure that I was registered and my inverter app was reading correctly.
I highly recommend John and JJA Solar for a professional, transparent solar system installation.

Excellent company to deal with.

John from JJA solar was always prompt to reply my emails. He took time to understand my needs and prepared quotes accordingly.
I found him very honest. He visited my property and straightly told me that my roof is not suitable for solar.
He could have sold me system easily. Instead he gave me good advice.
In future if I am going with any solar provider, I know which one I am choosing.
Thanks John.

Great service and installation - looking forward to the savings!

Extremely happy with the advise and service I got from John! Happily recommend him to anyone!
Everything was taken care of for me.
Both John and his off-sider were very prompt and left my home very tidy after the work was done.
I also opted for a monitoring device and John recommended the Enphase enlighten module, which i'm also very happy with.

Very efficient Professional Installer

Went with John Arfanis of JJA Solar who had the edge on other quotes on price, knowledge of the industry, and no hard sell.
John came to my home for a site inspection 2 days after my call to him and made an honest appraisal of my concerns about shade etc.
Two weeks later they had my 20 Longi 315 watt panels and 20 Enphase IQ7 Plus micro inverters with Envoy monitor all installed and running completed in 1 day.
John is very hands on and did all the follow up contact with connection to grid and answering my dumb questions. Now averaging around 24 Kwh per day and thrilled with my new toy , the Envoy monitor.
Can honestly recommend JJA Solar for service and no drama installation by experts.
We went with John at JJA because he gave us a range of options and was not pushy in any way. In the end he recommended the Fronius inverter with mid range panels. Installation was excellent, done by John and his offsider. We would highly recommend JJA to any potential solar buyer. There are a lot of high pressure sales people in this industry and they put us off. Show additional information
On time, no fuss installation, all questions answered. Very obliging. Show additional information
JJA Solar inspected premises while I was on holiday inter state to start process. Many follow ups since and adjusted quote when comparisons sought between Micro processors and converters. No hard sell, good advice and friendly. Lives locally which is a bonus. Show additional information
Installer sales owner are the same person no middleman great service and communication Show additional information
Installation was professional and efficient. Show additional information
John and his team were very easy to have on the premises. They knew what they were doing and went about their work in a very professional manner. They came on the date agreed and the installation went without a hitch, despite the steep access to the property and the heat on the day. We are very pleased with JJA Solar and would recommend their work.
Pamela Lewis NSW
It took only about 4 weeks from signing the contract up to the installation of 5 KW system.
Further, the system was connected to the grid the same day. It works fine since then (at this stage - about 2 months).
Altogether - a very good service quality and reasonable price.
There were three installers that contacted me via solarchoice website that could not meet my requirements.
I have then approached solarquotes.com.au for additional providers and was lucky to find one of the three respondents that was willing to supply a 4.2Kw system to my requirements.
The successful installer is Mr. John Arfanis - JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd.
The installation has not commenced so I cannot yet vouch for the professionalism or quality of this installer.
However, I can say that he seemed to be more knowledgeable than some of the bigger installers that contacted me.
I was disappointed to find that the sales people knowledge of available solar products was less than mine thanks to resourceful websites like solarquotes.com.au
(By the way, my requirement was for the solar panels to be installed on a flat carport on a double tilt frame).
John is the owner and installer of PV Solar system for home and business . He is an excellent and professional person and uses only quality parts which is very important in the installation as they need to last for approx. 25 years with inverters at least for 10 years . John installed a SMA 6.2KWp unit with 30 PV panels Mono 290watts each covering east west and North facing to get max power throughout the day .
I am a engineer myself and followed him through the two days of installation . Excellent workmanship and I am very proud of this . All work worked first time .The SMA SPT 6000-TL -20 worked first time and John connected this to my home Reuter and I can see the actual power produced and any given time of the day on my iPhone with SMA portal app . I am extremely happy and would highly recommend him to all . I can tell you that you cannot find a better person to install and also speak to . The entire process was seem less and John worked everything himself with other helps but main work was carried by him . My two Neighbour's are also signing up with him I Botanic Gardens Lidcome . If you want to give JJ Solar Mr John a ring call 0403 340 850 or you can ring me on 0403500278 .
The articles that you provided were really useful in educating us about what we needed to know and to do - I am looking forward to seeing my electricity bill :-)
Only one of the suppliers you listed replied - Australian Solar Designs - I contacted Energus directly - I would have been pretty happy going with those but ended up with more capacity.