JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

JJA Solar & Electrical is a local community based installer serving the Sutherland Shire and greater Sydney. The company has been operating as a Solar Installation business since 2010. John, the business owner, will personally see you through the whole process - from consultation through to installation and beyond. John offers a free consultation and quote, with honest expert advice.

Reviewers report paying: $3,600 - $6,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

JJA Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (66)

Jja Solar

This company provided us with good service and a good price.

All Promises Met

Quote and all subsequent follow received promptly. John and his team were able to arrange our install during Sydney's COVID lock-down on relatively short notice. Installation went without a hitch on our north and east facing roofs, adding to an earlier install (10+ years ago). All work finished in about 6 hours.

John has been a pleasure to deal with!

I would not hesitate recommending John from JJA Solar. As an electrician myself, I was fairly particular to know the detail of what was being proposed, how it would be installed and whether it would suit my situation (large home / household with three phase power and a massive power bill!).

I sought three quotes via solar quotes and the proposed systems and price varied significantly, for a system of just over 20kW. The quotes were from JJA Solar and two of the ‘big players’. John’s quote was not the cheapest by any means but was by far the most technically suitable for my home and included all the features I had requested (ie you get what you pay for!)

John was a pleasure to deal with, always responsive to calls and texts (no call centre!) and reliably completed everything how and when it had been promised, to a professional standard. He had 61 panels to install on a 60 year old terracotta roof and only needed to replace 3 tiles during installation, which is a credit to his care and professionalism. John was personally on site with his employees during the installation.

There were some minor commissioning Wifi glitches with the cloud-based monitoring, but John was responsive in ironing out the issues - he ran an additional Ethernet cable without any additional charge so that the system now operates 100% as intended.

If you are after someone who is genuine, competent and offers old-fashioned personalised service, then don’t hesitate to engage John with total confidence.

Easy to deal with / Value for money / great job!

Better value than other quotes, well explained and happy to answer questions. Installation was completed ahead of schedule due to another client being delayed. Customer service and install were great and he organised grid connection post.

Original Review on 21-10-2020:

Pretty happy with install

Great quoting, as I requested quotes on 5 different inverters and panels, without hesitation he sent through. Yes polite and tidy on time finished in half a day. Even organised meter box to be updated by T2 Electrician for us and organised our energy company to put in smart meter for feed in tariffs. Hopefully meter box being updated tomorrow. Original ratings

Unfortunately we weren’t notified re any roof damage, and have the opportunity to ascertain how it was caused. We just received an invoice for roof repairs, so it was just assumed any damage was cause by us. We don’t believe any damage was caused by us.

9 months later we asked Tracy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes system has performed to expectations. But Roof damaged at time of installation. Cost us extra $600 to repair, Requested the cost of repair, but nothing. So recommend check Roof before final payment of installation.

A courteous & professional installer

Right from our initial contact John was extremely courteous, helpful and professional. Absolutely no hard selling just good, sound advice and a fair price for what we required to meet our needs.

When it came to installation they arrived on time and completed their work efficiently with minimal disruption to our routine. They also did a great job of cleaning up afterwards.

John will be returning later this week after the Smart Meter has been installed to check that everything is working as it should be.

Great Job!

I found John to be easy to talk to and helpful and informative in his advice. From my perspective the quote was fair and reasonable. John and his off sider arrived on time and the installation went smoothly. Even cleaned our skylight for us. Thanks John.

Happy customer

I had a few quotes but couldn't go past John from JJA Solar and Electrical. John owns the company and is very knowledgeable when it comes to solar. We decided together on the brands of inverter and panels. Johns quote beat all the other quotes by far, up to $2000 cheaper than one of the competitors! John turned up when he said he would for installation, he left the site clean and even removed and took away my old broken system.
I would highly recommend JJA Solar and Electrical.

Sutherland shire

Quoting was personal / professional.
I have organised my own smart meter installation.

Great job, very happy.

John from JJA Solar was the best price and provide exactly what I had asked for, mid range system at lowest cost.Further John came to my home and gave good advice for panel selection given my minor shading issue.
On time, good price, good job, nice guy.

Good value and service

John was helpful explaining the technical options. They turned up on time for the installation and cleaned up afterwards. I am awaiting the installation of the smart meter before I can judge the functionality of the system They completed the required forms to enable grid installation

Good pricing and very helpful

John was great assistance as I was undertaking my research on different panels and inverters and it was a no-brainer when his quote was ultra competitive too. Very approachable and I highly recommend him to other people considering solar.

Highly recommended. Trustworthy and reliable service with a neat no fuss installation

Of the 3 quotes, JJA Solar was the first to respond and provide a well laid out written quote. This was one of only two companies that actually came out for an onsite inspection. We were already impressed by their excellent rating & customer feedback. We found John easy to deal with, and any changes discussed were included in the updated quote. On acceptance we were provided with an installation date. Like clockwork we received an SMS confirmation, and the team arrived onsite as advised. JJA Solar complied with all our installation requests and completed the work the same day. The site was left spotless.........couldn't ask for more. John handled the paperwork to undertake the necessary meter changes. Integrated monitoring solution works well and shows both consumption and generation, and is useful in adapting usage behavior. From start to finish a breeze.

Very professional, efficient, helpful and provided top class equipment

Very professional, timely quote, came to visit site and gave good advice. Installation on time and efficient. Provided paperwork to us and our electricity supplier.

A pleasure to work with

The experience with JJA Solar was very good from start to finish. John responded promptly to phone calls and emails. JJA was the only provider (I got 6 quotes in total) who suggested to max out the roof space, which I hadn’t considered doing. So instead of the ‘standard’ 6.6 kw system that most were pushing, we now have a 9.9kw system. This will allow for the addition of a heat pump for the pool. Co-incidentally our son and his family have moved back in with us, so there will be more power consumed than first anticipated!
John was friendly and easy to deal with, the system was installed in less than a day.
The install also included the Solar Analytics app which provides a great deal of information which I’m still learning about. Another suggestion from John, thanks.

Great job

Also recommended by a friend. Quick installation and quality of work very good.

Couldn't be more impressed with John and his crew.

John followed contacted us and visited our house to see clearly the installation. We had an older system that needed to be removed at the same time. John seta date and stuck to it, arriving on time and completing the removal and installation without fuss. Looking forward to seeing the savings. And while they were on the roof they cleaned all the leaves off for me.

Highly recommended

Job well done. John answered all my questions, the quote was done at a fair price. John and his mate arrived for installation exactly on time, they were polite, quick and tidy. Great service.

No hassle, no pushy sales, local

Friendly, on time, easy to deal with, clean install and even went the extra mile to organise smart meter and grid connection.

Fantastic Service, Highly recommend

From first point of contact John at JJA Solar was great to deal with. Nothing was a hassle, I changed my mind twice and it was no bother to get a new quote. The price was very reasonable and there was no hard sell.
Installation day they arrived on time, were very pleasant and very efficient. I the install was much quicker than I expected and there was no mess after.
John also arranged the Smart meter to be installed and explained the process really well.
Thank you John and Will, I have recommended you to others, one who has used you already and I will continue to do so.

13.3Kw Trina/Fronius system

Overall a good experience. John is very approachable and happy to answer questions and give advice. He does not give the hard sell or push any particular products.
I requested multiple variations of the quote for comparison purposes, the price was consistently competitive.
We installed the Fronius Symo 10kw inverter with 13.3kw Trina 330W Honey panels.
The installation was smooth and completed in one day by John himself and one other installer.
Broken roof tiles were replaced and supplied by JJA Solar.
The system was connected to the Fronius monitoring app. So far we have been clocking 65-74kwH daily and it has been somewhat overcast.
We are very happy with JJA Solar and are glad we were able to support an owner operator local business.

Good installer. Great system.

Installer came to our house, didn't just rely on an aerial photo. Installer was happy to update the quote with the specific system components and brands that we wanted. Was also happy to answer any questions we had. Turned up for installation as scheduled. Installer was responsive to our questions and quickly resolved issues we had with accessing the monitoring system following the installation.

Original Review on 12-02-2020:

Fantastic

I'm not an electrical specialist / engineers so I can't comment on the technical component of the install. Against that backdrop, everything went very very well. I'd expressed concern re the positioning of the inverter re wifi coverage from my router. To counter that concern, JJA Solar were more than happy to come back and hard-wire the data connection if needed, I was impressed by that and I do trust JJA Solar to return if there are wifi issues.

The only observation - it would have been better to have submitted the new meter paperwork weeks before the solar install rather than after the install. If submitted earlier, the feed in tariff benefits would have been realizsng day i & JJA Solar would not need to come back and finish the install. JJA advised that it would take up to 21 working days to replace meter. So, currently we are not realising the full benefits from our solar install. It's not a major issue, more of a streamlining of the whole process.

8 months later we asked Avio: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

A great experience

We chose John for a number of reasons, the main one being that he owned the company and was the installer, so we felt the installation warranty would mean something. Even though he could have quoted off site, he came to our home so that we could meet him. He was on time, neatly dressed and answered our questions clearly, both on the day and many emails afterwards. He kept us up to date on the progress of the order and the installation went smoothly. He suggested a much better position for the inverter and connected it all to wifi so we were ready to go. He was recommended to us and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

Original Review on 10-01-2020:

Appears to be professional installation completed in a timely manner.

Quick quoting process and installed on appointed day. So far so good.
I looked after grid connection myself but you should ring your retailer to have meters changed to solar about two weeks before installation of the panels because it takes that long to happen. Otherwise you are sitting there with solar panels on your roof and not benefitting from it. Talk to your electricity retailer early in the process and try to co ordinate the installation of the panels with the conversion of your electricity meter.

Unfortunately retailers won’t install new meters until installation has been completed.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, system works as advertised and produces heaps of power. Last electricity bill was Credit $59.00.

Great Installer

JJA Solar were very easy to deal with and a good price, they turned up on the day and time that was arranged and the installation went without a hitch and the grid connection was arranged by them with ausgrid very happy with their service.

Excellent job and great service

John did a great job installing our 8kw system. He is very polite and easy to deal with. They got the job done in a single day even with strong winds in the afternoon that made the install more difficult to achieve.

Great Service

The quote was given quickly and easily without any fuss.

Installation went ahead on an agreed date and was done well with all questions answered. John was great.

After the installation John went ahead and organised connection with my retailer, all-round great service.

Great service & installation

We used JJA solar becausethe the high reviews.
We found the whole process to be seemless.
John was great to deal with.
The installation quality was excellent. John wanted to ensure there was limited visual impact with the external cabling/conduit.
I would recomend anyone to use JJA Solar for a professional job

Highly recommend John and his team.

I found John had a competitive price, he was responsive and happy to work in with my builder to get a seamless outcome for me. Happy customer

Couldn’t be happier

I obtained a few quotes for my solar installation and John was the only one who took the trouble to come out and explain the process and physically inspect my property. The others did it all remotely via quoting software which generated a report (John supplied this also) but the fact he cared enough to come out was a point of difference for me.

He has also been doing solar installations for over a decade and is a very experienced electrician. There are a lot of new operators to this game trying to capitalize on the rising industry so it was important for me to avoid those. He also is the owner of the business and does not send subcontractors out to do the work on his behalf which was something I’d been warned to avoid. I’m told this has caused problems in the past if/when warranty claims are made. His offsider, Willy, was also a lovely guy and they appeared to work very well together.

Johns communication was also excellent. I sent many emails with questions as well as phone calls and texts, as I like to cover off every detail, and he answered them very promptly and without any annoyance which was refreshing. Often you can get push back from trades for asking too many questions but spending this much money is a big decision and John completely understood that.

He also went the extra mile by moving my TV antennae to ensure no shading on the panels and willing to promptly rectify any concerns or problems that arose.

The quote was very competitive and he didn’t try to sell me on expensive solar monitoring software that others did, even though he provided it as an option. The quote was well balanced with a few options.

Overall excellent customer service and price and a very positive experience. I have no hesitation recommending JJA solar for your installation.

No fuss, quality install.

John and his team at JJA solar were punctual and straight to the point.

JJA solar has great communication and are very punctual. They have kept me informed during the process leading up to the install and throughout the install itself.

The install was completed smoothly and the site left clean afterwards. We are just waiting on the meter upgrade of which the paper work has been lodged.

There was no sales pitch trying to push one way or the other, just honest and quality outcomes. Would happily recommend JJA solar.

John form JJA Solar did a great job in installing my 6.6kw system. The rain meant that he had to visit my house on 3 occassions so that the job could be completed. John organised the approval and hook up with my electrical supplier. I was extreemly happy with his service.

Everything went smoothly.

John at JJA was very accommodating. He modified his quote as requested and when he found out that 3 phase wiring to the house was not required he reduced his quote appropriately. The work was completed very quickly. The tenants seem satisfied although I have no feedback on the performance of the system. The new system replaced an existing system that was damaged in a storm.

Reliable and efficient

John was helpful, efficient and friendly. I would recommend JJA solar to anyone looking for a reliable installer.

Great Work

John was very prompt in returning our call and an appointment was arranged to come and give us a quote. John turned up on time and was very informative and helpful. On installation day John was again prompt, work was completed and everything was cleaned up on completion. John helped with the arranging of the grid install. We found John to punctual and polite and it was a pleasure to do business with him and highly recommend him.

Original Review on 07-08-2019:

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Adam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The whole experience has been great. Many people have been asking about it and not a single one that got solar have been disappointed. If you are unsure of whether to do it for the financial reasons just take this advise. No one asks for the cost benefit of a small holiday and that is the same as the outlay for solar except solar saves you money for the rest of its life.

Top Quality and Professional Service.

After being assured by much larger solar companies that their quoted prices were “unmatchable”, I approached John from JJA Solar for a quote. To my surprise, he did not only match the price I had previously been quoted, but significantly bettered it with the brands of the panels and inverter being exactly the same.

Through the whole process from quotation to installation, I could not fault John or his staff on any aspect. Professional and prompt service, together with a value for money system, is what you can expect from John. It was also great to be able to support a local business.

first stage easily completed

contact with recommended installer was quick and timely. Agreed date was kept and all installed in that one day. Workmen quiet and continuous all day.Currently at the stage of still waiting for energy company to do their part to get underway. Project not completed yet

Very easy quoting service. The first quote was actioned the next day and the next withing 3 days. I only organized 2 quotes for the exact same panels so was able to make my decision on those quotes and the cost factor as well on the locality of the installer who was local to me.
I contacted my installer and he responded quickly to my questions. I had a problem with the panels working initially and the installer came out the next morning to fix the problem and go through any questions I had.

Trustworthy installer.

Very helpful, and listened to my requirements. Looked for the best possible solution for my home. Surprised me at how punctual he was and how quick he procured system, and installed it. I felt confident that the owner of the business completed the installation. Was very quick to respond to by queries post installation, which is reassuring.

Great job and nice guy to deal with.Good followed up with any questions asked

Great service and followed up with any questions or concerns. Would recommend him .

Quality install

Good communication and answers emails and calls promptly
Neat and well executed install.
Smart meter organised during install.
Recommend JJA solar

Solar Panel Installation Alfords Point NSW

When looking around for an installer/supplier I was impressed with John's relaxed manner, professionalism and knowledge. After talking with John I felt very confident in his abilities. My installation was completed absolutely on time , I was further impressed by the quality/neatness of the visible electrical work inside my garage near the inverter. John even took care of the grid connection after the install. I would have no hesitation in recommending JJA solar to anyone considering Solar panels,

Excellent !

The quoting process was very prompt and informative. It provided sufficient information to proceed with the system I requested.
John was very helpful and polite throughout the whole process. He and his team were punctual and very respectful of my property.
John walked me through the process of monitoring (via iPhone app), and what I needed to inform my electricity provider re my new solar system.

I definitely recommend JJA Solar !

Exceptional supplier and Solar system.

After deciding to go solar, the initial direction provided by Solarquotes enable me to better understand what was available in the market and the major differences in systems.
contact was made to all 3 providers that were recommended by Solarquotes, as well as some other indipendant suppliers.
While all of the suppliers recommended by Solarquotes were very proffsional in thier approach I decided to proceed with JJA Solarand Electrical.
John was extremely helpfull in supplying a few alternates quotes based on my initial request.
After a few discussions and emails John directed me to a much more suitable solar system.
Installation was very fast and the system has worked better than expected from day 1.
My experience in dealing through Solarquates and JJA Solar has been a very easy and pleasing process.
I would highly recomemend both to anyone thinking of installing a solar system.
Glenn.

Great installation

The quoting process was easy and very informative. The installation went very well, JJA Solar were polite, punctual and left no mess afterwards. Customer service was excellent however we had a problem with the smart meter which we’re confident will be resolved once EnergyAustralia installs their meter.

JJA Great People to Deal With

John took the time to listen to what we wanted to use the system to do, and made sure our site was suitable. He called and arranged a day that was OK with us for installation and arrived on time on the day. The work was done quickly and efficiently and the site was left tidy and garbage free.
John provided all the details needed to connect to the grid (the supplier required us to do it, not the installer).

Great Solar Install

From the start John from JJA Solar was very easy to deal with and was happy to answer any questions I had and amend quotes with no fuss.
Once I was happy with the quote and the products John did a site visit just to ensure there were no site issues which enabled us to meet and discuss the install process.
2 weeks later John and his crew installed the solar as planned, swiftly, safely and cleanly.
John also followed up to ensure that I was registered and my inverter app was reading correctly.
I highly recommend John and JJA Solar for a professional, transparent solar system installation.

Excellent company to deal with.

John from JJA solar was always prompt to reply my emails. He took time to understand my needs and prepared quotes accordingly.
I found him very honest. He visited my property and straightly told me that my roof is not suitable for solar.
He could have sold me system easily. Instead he gave me good advice.
In future if I am going with any solar provider, I know which one I am choosing.
Thanks John.