Linked Solar Reviews

Linked Solar
Silver Partner
ABN: 86 941 051 915  ABN active since 01 Jul 2012 | Trages Family Trust
ACN: 159 252 212  ACN active since 28 Jun 2012 | Linked Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 27583 Linked Services Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,495 - $6,500 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Linked Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in St Helena and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Linked Solar Solar Reviews

Highly recommended professional contractor

Super efficient and professional. Christian was great to deal with throughout the entire process. Kept us informed at every stage. Turned up when he said he would. Neat clean hassle free installation. Cleaned up. Answered all our questions/emails. Highly recommended!!! Show additional information

Great Price and Clean Install

Christian provided the best price for Tier 1 components. His blokes did an incredibly clean job installing (both panels and inverter) and consulted regularly with myself during installation to make sure I was happy. Christian's after-sales support has also been fantastic (monitoring and ensuring the system is running effectively). Show additional information

I have got what I bargained for, so far

During the quoting process I felt I was dealing with 'the man' rather than a sales organization. Christian initially quoted me on a Solaredge system that has had reliability issues, particularly in the tropics (a bit like Takata airbags) which did not initially inspire me with confidence, although in his defence, it is a still a widely recommended and deployed system in temperate areas where I live. I was sufficiently impressed with him to give him another chance to quote on other products, over which we discussed and negotiated at length by email, and came out with what I thought was a very fair deal on products I did have confidence in.

The installation was a no fuss and workmanlike affair that took just under a day. Christian suggested some improvements in panel placement, which I accepted. The job was tidied up and and the inverter brought into operation and its features, controls and apps downloaded, installed and explained.

We are now at the stage of getting compliance certification in order to join the grid. Christian has been answered all my email questions promptly and he will organize the processes necessary to fully operationalize the system.

As far as I am concerned, this is very early days. I will not fully know how good the deal, workmanship and service has been until some time down stream. The test of a good product and service 'pudding' is in the eating of it over time, particularly if anything goes wrong, when there is no money in it for the contractor dealing with a backend warranty hassle. If that bit is handled well, that is when the five stars get handed out, because when the chips are down, that is what separates excellent from ordinary.

My assessment of Christian is that he very likely will deliver on downstream obligations.

If my experience over the warranty period with Christian Traeger is as good as its beginning, not only will he get his five stars, but my future business.

Fully professional installer

Entire process from end to end was superb. Christian and his team are true professionals and take pride in their work! Highly recommended Show additional information

Very happy

The whole process was easy from first phone call to install. Christian is the sales manager, and the installer and the contact person for all my questions. He was easy to talk to, knowledgeable, never pushy and very prompt to answer my many questions. He provided me with all the knowledge I needed, in an honest way, to make my own decision. Dealing directly with the installer rather than a sale person was very reassuring for me. Christian also arranged to take care of all connections after the install. The installers were kind to my two very small kids, clean and helpful. Show additional information

Fantastic system and experience

We selected Linked Solar through Solar Quotes because Christian most closely understood our needs, didn’t try to upsell us and came across very honest and pragmatic. We have some unavoidable shading and he had the best and most reasonable option for mitigating that. His quote was very competitive. I also liked the fact that he’s on the roof himself with his team doing the work. He was always on time and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. We had problems with the inverter connecting to our wifi so he came back and connected it directly via a cable for no extra charge. The solar has been working brilliantly. Would definitely recommend Linked Solar to others. Show additional information

Top Quality, Reliable and Trustworthy Crew

Christian and his team were punctual, tidy, friendly and very professionally.

Quote: After the first phone call Christian, LinkedSolar's director, came to visit for the quote process. Not only was the quoted price reasonable, I found that LinkedSolar was the only company that was able to communicate and discuss options with easily. There was no pushy upselling and Christian was happy to provide a prices for a few different options which I asked for. We had a few special requests which they were only too happy to assist with. My wife and I have almost 40 years experience in the energy industry and found that a few of the sales people sent to us were not very knowledgeable and couldn't provide any actual details that weren't listed out in their brochure. This wasn't the case with LinkedSolar, Christian really knows his stuff!

Installation: The team arrived exactly on time, to the minute. Christian and his three installers worked non-stop throughout the day with minimal disruption to our household, returning the next day to finish some wiring and spend some time walking through the setup of the additional SolarAnalytics module. The attention to detail and willingness to explain details to the customer was especially appreciated. Not one piece of rubbish or wire-cutoffs was left behind.

Post-Install: The solar setup is working perfectly and the monitoring they have installed is exceptional. We can now view consumption on each power circuit individually to help make the most of the solar power throughout the day. All questions have been answered promptly and changes to the monitoring made without any fuss. All inspections and paperwork was arranged by LinkedSolar, we didn't have to do a thing.

Sunpower panels: 25 year performance warranty AND 25 year product warranty. Happy to pay a bit more for peace of mind.
Fronius Inverter: 10 year warranty
SolarAnalytics: 4G connected monitoring for solar and household consumption. Lots of easy to understand info from their web page and apps.

I found LinkedSolar to be professional and committed to ensuring full customer satisfaction. Highly recommended!

Friendly and helpful installer - looked after all the dirty work for us.

Christian was helpful all the way through and did all the grunt work for us. Show additional information

Fantastic experience from start to finish!

We had a fantastic experience with Linked Solar. Christian explained the process and ensured we were comfortable with all aspects before proceeding. We were pleased with the quote and Christian was very helpful in navigating the government rebate application. The installation team were on time, friendly and kept us updated as they went. Overall, we were impressed with Christian and his team and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others. Show additional information

Good communicators who know their stuff.

Throughout the whole process, Christian and the team at Linked Solar were very helpful. From actually visiting the property to do the quote, answering questions along the way and helping with the rebate application process, and then finally the installation he communicated well. He's well organised and arrived to do the installation with all his ducks in a row. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Nice guys to deal with. Very responsive, had the system in just a few weeks after the go ahead. Very happy

Clear quote and best price. Checked out Ausnet approval - only one who did.
Didn't have to wait long and they turned up when they promised. No variation.
System looks great and working perfectly.

Professional Installer

Linked Solar was the best price of the three quotes I received from the three companies introduced to me by Solar Quotes.
The installation was done very professionally and all four doing this where very friendly and did their best to get the job
done well with the least inconvenience. The Director Christian was also very helpful with the grid connection.

Amazingly easy operation from start to finish.

The initial quote was based on price but then we upgraded to the best components (Sunpower / Fronius) for a long term benefit. This will add value to the property.
Christian Traeger was brilliant from start to finish. They arrived on time to the minute and the installation was flawless.
Excellent customer service. Christian also explained the phone app for monitoring the system. I would not hesitate in recommending Linked Solar. (And I already have.)
Linked Solar installation and after care service has been excellent Show additional information

Excellent Customer Service and great system

We would like to thank Christian and his team for removing an older dodgy system and installing our new system in July. After much research I selected Linked Solar based on their reviews on Solar Quotes and Google and recommendations and the fact that they were local to my area. Christian was prompt professional and very thorough with his quote and the price was competitive.

Vic Solar introduced a new rebate system for this year creating alot more work for both the customer and installer. Christian's communication and guidance through this new online process was exemplary resulting in a fairly quick approval to have the system installed. Christian spent alot more time going back and forth between Vic Solar and me which really assisted get the rebate through with minimal fuss.

When it came time for the job Christian and his team were on time, very easy to deal with, friendly and went well above in terms of cleaning up and making sure that I was happy, much better than many other trades I have recently dealt with. Included in this was the removal and disposal of the old system which save me the hassle.

The system was completed and commissioned as planned without any issues and has worked flawlessly so far. The electrical inspection was thorough and the inspector was very pleased with the install. All the paperwork was forwarded to me within a day of the inspection. All I am yet to do is confirm with my retailer that I am getting feedin which I will do this week coming.

I have already passed on Linked Solar's details to two other friends and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Linked Solar, Christian and his team if your looking to add new solar or fix up your existing solar.
Dealing with new solar vic system on july 1 was a nightmare. But once they get the bugs sorted out i think the application process will be excellent. Show additional information
Fantastic service from Christian. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Christian and his team did a fantastic job of our solar installation. On time, thorough and very neat and great attention to detail

The system passed inspection with no issues, and has been performing flawlessly

Professional Quality Installer. Fantastic Service

I installed a 5 kw system recently. Christian, Linked Solar Director, was the only installer to come on site to discuss the quote and its installation with me. Then he came out with his crew to install the system himself. It was this factor that persuaded me to sign up with Linked Solar. The install went well because Christian was there to do it, not subcontract the job out. He even sent a crew out to get more replacement roof tiles when my spare ones ran out. Admittedly my roof tiles were more than 75 years old and were rather brittle.

My emails to him were answered promptly. He helped me with the solar rebate application. Christian also helped to organise the grid connection process after.

I found Linked Solar to be a very reliable, professional, and trustworthy installer. Highly recommended.

Fantastic Installar

Honest and professional service. From start to finish Christian and his team were a great to deal with. Provided quality workmanship and product. Would highly recommend this company fort solar panel installation. Show additional information

Great job. Fantastic service

I was really impressed with my dealings with Christian from Linked Solar. When deciding who to go with, I got a number of quotes from different companies and I liked the fact that he would be completing the job himself with this team and not outsourcing the job to a sub contractor.
Christian was professional, knowledgeable and happy to take the time to explain the process to me.

His price was reasonable and I'm really happy with the product we chose.
I have and will continue recommend him to my friends and family
Professional quote, very good quality system at a fair price. Really appreciated the attention to small details. Show additional information
Good customer service, I emailed back and forth a couple of times with Christian, the director of Linked Solar, to get clarification and revision on prices/needs. He was very patient in addressing my questions and adapt the quote to my budget to come to a compromise. Felt he was honest with his assessment and pricing and did not try and gouge me on the prices as compared to other quotes (especially with the Victorian Govt solar rebate - most quotes added another $2k). Yet to see the benefits in terms of dollar as just had the installation completed (which he did himself, not farmed out to sub contractors- another bonus!) but am hopeful will be beneficial in the long run. Also want to give him a thumbs up for the follow up service when he personally came to ensure the electrical inspection passed and also assisted in installing the app on my phone to monitor the inverter. Very much appreciated and happy to recommend him to other customers. Show additional information
We were most impressed with the options offered to us and the advice given to help choose the best combination for our situation. The installation went very smoothly and we are very happy with how the system is performing and the follow up communication. Very happy to recommend Linked Solar and Solarquotes to others. Show additional information
Christian is a real professional who did a quality install, and backed this up with prompt answering of any emails I sent him, and sorting out all information required for my Electrical retailer. Show additional information