Linked Solar

DETAILS
95% 0%
4.9

Based on 148 ratings

Linked Solar is an owner operated business based in Melbourne’s North Eastern suburbs, specializing in Solar PV systems and battery backup systems.

Operating since 2012, our experience as electrical contractors has only strengthened our knowledge and ability to provide customers with the best possible renewable energy solutions for your home or business. With high-quality components and state-of-the-art monitoring, switching to solar power with Linked Solar is the smart choice. In addition to the environmental benefits, we understand that an important factor for customers is to save money.

We can walk you through the trusted brands and products we install as well as the rebates available to make your transition to solar an affordable and streamline process.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $23,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Linked Solar Reviews (148)

Fantastic - start to finish

Linked Solar recently installed solar panels on my property and I couldn't be happier. From initial consultation to final installation, the entire team was professional, efficient, tidy and only too happy to answer any questions I had. They went above and beyond and I highly recommend their services for anyone considering solar energy.

Couldn't ask for more

From start to finish our experience with Linked Solar has been extremely positive and we have no hesitation in recommending them as a provider of quality solar products and professional customer service, installation and after sales support.
Having worked in the sustainability/solar space with local government I was quite well informed when we began the quoting process for solar. From the start, Linked Solar was a stand out with their onsite inspection, various configuration and system size options and also explaining the pros and cons of various products. I asked a few left of field questions and Christian had a well informed response every time, showing he really knew his stuff.
Further to this, I found their quotes to be very reasonable and while we were not looking for the cheapest option, Linked Solar was the best price for like products and services.
We were impressed with their willingness to accomodate our preferred install date options and the day of installation was as smooth as can be, with the team turning up on time with a friendly and professional introduction.
The install team was very efficient, cohesive and experienced. I felt confident that the job was going to be done well and when I did ask for double checks, there was no sense of me being 'an annoying customer' - all requests (such as double checking for any tile damage, etc.) were done without question.
The process for CES and grid connection were all straight forward and communication was excellent.
We could not be happier with our decision to go with Linked Solar and so far, the system is performing as expected.
100% recommend Linked Solar.

Surprised at the level of service

The quoting experience was great, I dealt with Christian, the owner of Linked Solar, at every step of the way. After weeks of incessant badgering phone-calls by other outfits I'd gotten a quote from, I really appreciated that he outlined what his team could do then left me to weigh the options up.

What originally was going to be a single day of installation turned into two, due to my crazily inclined old roof and their extra effort in finding a good site (my garage) for the majority of panels. The connection between the garage and house is basically invisible. They took a lot of care in how they laid it.

I was walked through their decision-making at every turn, and they placed my inverter in the place that would least disturb anyone with the fan noise, far away from the expedient (for an installer) place to put it near the front of my house.

Brilliant and Professional

Linked Solar is the best! Christian and Jason were amazing to deal with. Very transparent and they did a decent job in my 6.6kw installation. Couldn't be happier!

Grid connection is yet to be finished. I'm sure, like everything else it will happen as planned!

Great customer service

Great customer service.
Installation went as planned with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Site was left tidy and care taken when conducting installation work inside the house. Would highly recommend.

Original Review on 25-12-2022:

Solar panels sales installed stress free

Christian was the only person to come to our house and was knowledgeable and pleased to answer all of our questions as we did not know that much about the process
Quote was emailed promptly and queries answered quickly
The installation team did a great job on a wet cold day and cleaned up after themselves there was no evidence of them being at our property. The panels blended in with our roof.
Christian and Joanne were a pleasure to work with

10 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes I am very happy with the results

Terrific people at linked solar

Christian and Jo and their team were fantastic. Really helpful, polite and friendly, did a great clean up job on time, and helped with the IT involved in the grid connection.

A straightforward process

Linked Solar did a great job. They made the process easy, taking me through the steps. Excellent and prompt communications made the whole process simple and transparent.

Great Job.

Linked Solar is an excellent solar company that provides top-notch solar system installation. From my personal experience, their team is highly professional and dedicated to providing their customers with the best solutions for their solar needs.
Their installation process was seamless and efficient.
If you're looking for a trustworthy and reliable solar company, I highly recommend Linked Solar.
You won't be disappointed!

Couldn’t be happier

We recently had Linked Solar install a 6.6kW system on our home. Couldn’t be happier with their work.

Christian was the only one to do a physical inspection, which was important for us as it’s an old house with steep roof and no attic in some areas.

Quote came in around the middle of the pack and Christian provided a range of options within our budget, without any hard sell.

On the install day, the installers were great. They were clean, professional and good communication.
Quality of workmanship was high and they took a lot of care in making sure installation was neat and nothing was broken. The certifier even commented on their attention to detail afterwards.

I have not had any issues and so far post sale service has been good.

Very good communication and pristine installation

Christian from Linked Solar is extremely knowledgable and super friendly. He performed an onsite inspection before providing a quote, which is definitely the right approach in my opinion. We were able to talk through a few different options when it came to the location of all the panels and the inverter, and this all made a difference to getting the right quote up-front - no surprises! The communication before, during, and after the site visit was responsive and clear, and I felt I had all my questions answered before I made my decision. The installers were a very friendly crew and their work was exceptional. The panels look fantastic, the inverter positioned nicely, the conduits nice and neat, and there was not a single spec of installation rubbish left behind!

There is nothing I can fault about my experience. I very highly recommend Linked Solar to anyone looking to go down this path!

Great system, excellent install

Linked Solar did a fantastic job. Looked at our request and proposed an excellent system, and installed it with a lot of thought towards what would look and work best. Incredibly happy with this, thank you!

As specified

I had a clear understanding of what I wanted. Linked was the only company that quoted exactly as I specified. Installation was arranged 2 plus weeks in advance and completed in under 2 days with minimal fuss & disruption.
Great service and a pleasure to deal with.

Quality Install

Christian was the most responsive of all companies I contacted and was the only one to come out and inspect the property.

Gave a great solution to delivery maximum kw output via two separate systems in my case.

Was very happy with the quality of the work. Pleasant staff too...

Great team

They did everything they promised, and were very supportive on the day with the installation and work with the family, insure that we weren't impact to greatly

Christian and his team were amazingly good to deal with. Highly recommended. Just darn nice people with old fashioned service.

Sales and quoting was relatively quick and accurate.
Installation went as planned, some negotiation on the day which they accommodated. Cleaned up the yard and asked if they could use the garage for rubbish storage for a few days as it was a long weekend - to which we agreed.
Made sure we knew what they were doing when, who was on site. introduced us to staff, provided emails of planned process and connection to the grid, gave us options for installation of the power wall battery and were generally open to discussing all options, I was very happy with the level of customer service and the owner even gave us a call later in the day to check we were ok with everything. I was very impressed with the customer service. It is rare nowadays so a pleasant surprise.

Polite, professional and comprehensive attention

We came across Linked Solar through a family recommendation. The experience was great right down to just before the installation date we discussed layout changes to avoid one part of our roof for aesthetic reasons. The response was 'no problem we will sort this out on the day of installation'. Even though the weather was not great on the day of installation the Linked Solar team assessed the safety of the team and were able to progress. The installation with the layout redesign were completed without fuss and the site left tidy. A very professional and approachable team. There is a degree of trust involved and Christian instilled a sense of honesty and openness on all the steps. A pleasure to deal with.

Linked

Linked were great, professional, on time and did a great job

Professional, efficient and friendly service.

Thte quotation process produced a lot of information, which took me a while to get my head around, but it was thorough. The installation was on time and was completed within the estimated time. The team were polite and left the site in good order. The Customer Service was excellent.

A pleasure to deal with

Getting a quote from Linked Solar was straightforward and professional. The team were prompt and happy to answer any questions. The quote was accurate, met my requirements and was good value.

Whilst the installation date was a bit further off than I had hoped, they were upfront about when it would be. They were able to bring it forward by a week and the work was well done with everything left neat and tidy.

The grid connection paperwork has been submitted and is progressing well

Couldn't have asked for more

From the start of the process to the end, we have been very impressed with Linked Solar. At the beginning, Christian took the time to explain all the different options, including the best value for money.
During the process, their communication was excellent and they provided plenty of assistance in processing the rebates.
During the install, their installers kept us informed of how the install was going and make a point of checking with us if there was any uncertainty.

The whole process was made simple by Linked Solar and we would definitely recommend them.

Linked solar - from quote through to installation; no fuss, easy to deal with = outstanding and experienced.

The Linked Solar team was highly professional, with communication, transparency, honesty, reliability, accountability and team work all flawless. The first quote I received, was from Linked Solar. Working with Solarquotes was easy; getting other quotes from other companies was painful. The referral process Solarquotes utilises is a good idea, but poor business practice from some small companies was a bit frustrating. I made my mind up then that the other two companies were not on my preferred list. Solarquotes were terrific in following up on tardy timelines to get my quotes. One Solarquotes rep confided in me that "we wish all companies were like Christian's Linked Solar". Christian's team were all employees, not contractors. The whole process of quote, installation, inspection and final commissioning and connection was as smooth as silk.

Professional and impressive

Great service, happy to answer all our questions, great communication, great service on installation. Turned up on time and cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommend!

Great system and great installer

Hassle free. Quick quote, quick installation and did not have to do much with the paperwork. Highly recommended.

High quality installation and prompt service

Highly recommend Linked Solar. Christian and his team were very organised and professional in completing our solar and battery install. We had a big job completed over 2 days and what stood out for us was the fact Christian has his own team (ie not contractors) who have been with the company for a while and experienced in dealing with the equipment they are installing. Christian also being an experienced electrician, was able to articulate any technical or logistical issues very clearly. Christian has been prompt in responding to any questions or issues and we are extremely satisfied with the service.

Quality Performance

We used Linked Solar on the recommendation of a friend and we have not been disappointed.
Christian was very punctual, delivered a fair quote and provided great advice.
His team of installers kept us informed and were very friendly and professional.
100% recommend Linked Solar !!

A refreshingly professional class act. 5 Stars!

Linked Solar was exceptional on all counts, 5 stars all around.

Stand out for our experience was the ability to accommodate our specific requirements with ease.

The entire team were refreshingly professional on all aspects of our engagement, which is sadly very rare in today's product/services environment in my experience.

Responsive, communicative, considerate, informed, accommodating, competitive, ... a class act!

Super happy with the quoting, scheduling, install and final result (form and function), it was obvious from the outset the Linked Solar team are are highly adept at their craft. The install was flawless on all counts.

Highly recommended.

Brilliant Fantastic Great

Christian and the Team and Linked Solar we easy to deal with. From quoting to job completion everyone was polite and customer oriented,

Thank you Linked Solar.

Very professional and prompt service.

We met with Christian to discuss the installation of panels, microprocessors and a battery.
He listened to our concerns regarding shading from trees and our need for backup if there is a blackout.
A proposal was provided which we accepted and installation was arranged shortly before Christmas, 2022.
A team of four very efficiently completed the installation in the one day.
The site was left very tidy and the system of panels and battery was inspected and operating the next day.

Easy communication. Neat installation

The Linked team were easy to deal with. From first contact to installation completion, the process was trouble free. Quoting was sufficiently detailed without confusing detail, with any queries easily answered.
The installation team were punctual, efficient and well mannered on site, and left our property clean and tidy on completion.
The Linked team assisted with connecting to the grid, providing all the information required and making first contact with the power company.

Quick and easy installation

Everyone I dealt with at Linked Solar were polite and efficient. The process was very easy and very quick. The installers were informative and tidy. The panels on the roof blend in nicely. I love the app already. Couldn't fault it at all.

Exceptional Service

The quoting was thorough and understandable. The only installer who took the time to come out to the house first.
Installation was done ahead of time and workers were amazing. Quick, efficient and no mess left anywhere after installation.
Customer service is excellent. Everything has gone seamlessly.
Only one very small problem of app not working but within an hour or so of letting Christian know he was here and got everything up and running. Very hard to get service that good these days!
Thanks to the whole team.

Perfect process and result

Linked solar were very professional and helpful in guiding me through the process, of options, comparison, rebates and installation. The communication was excellent and the information provided was transparent, comprehensive and easy to understand. Linked took care of everything carefully and efficiently which was helpful as I was unwell at the time. I could not be happier with the service, and I am enjoying the benefits of the system already.

Great installer, thorough customer service

Christian happy to visit, prior to quote.
Informative, and prompt with detailed quote.
Installer polite, on time , excellent quality work
They helped with App, grid installation…made it all easy. Very supportive through the process.

Great installer!

We had the team from Linked Solar install our system which went very smoothly. Christian (the business owner) and the team kept us updated every step of the way particularly pre and post install which was great and was there throughout the day to make sure quality was maintained. The team also cleaned up after themselves - couldn’t even tell they had been! Christian talked through our requirements with us first before recommending the size of install - others just quoted us on a 6.6kw system without considering our needs. Highly recommended based on our experience.

Great solar install and experience

Quite simply the best experience you would expect for quality operator

The process throughout was outlined and made easy to understand

The workmanship is of the highest quality

Thanks Christian and team

Great communications, knowledgeable local company with a good install crew.

Christian was helpful and attentive during the sales process, and his approach continued on and after the day of the install. His team were friendly and worked well, they explained things to us and answered our questions. The install itself was clean and tidy and passed inspection the following day. Linked Solar handled the grid connection and meter upgrade with our retailer, and followed up to make sure everything was OK.

Linked Solar is based in Melbourne's north-east and it was good to work with somebody local.

I'd thoroughly recommend Linked Solar to anybody in the area looking for a quality solar system and install.

Great experience all round

The Linked Solar team did an amazing job. They gave great honest advice to get the best system and with very competitive pricing. Very happy with the performance. The whole process I was consulted with and they made sure I was happy. Extremely high quality components used with an outstanding install and can highly recommend Linked Solar.

Professional service

The process for quoting was very straightforward and easily done through emails and phone contact with Joanne and Christian.
Customer service was always responsive and helpful and answered any questions promptly.

The installation was efficient and only took a day with Max and Tom. The workmanship was excellent and very neat and tidy. Our system was turned on the very next day after the safety inspection.
Christian organised the grid connection for us and the whole process has been seamless.

Awesome Experience

From initial contact to job completion Christian was great to deal with. During the site walk around everything was explained including the pro’s and con’s.
Our job had a steep pitch roof and safety was given the highest priority for the install team. Everyone that came on-site was polite, informed, tidy and cooperative.
The finished job is top notch from the dark anodised panel rails, the location of inverter and having options and influence for the circuit board.
Happy to recommend Linked Solar.

Excellent system and a perfect installation

Excellent project from start to finish. Christian was very easy to deal with, designed the system perfectly to suit our house and was always availabile for questions.
He made a site visit and gave panel and inverter options.
The installation team were professional, completed the job in less than a day and left no rubbish behind.
Electrical inspection and sign off the same day followed by submission of paperwork right after install.
A great job all round.

System: 16 Q Cell Panels, power optimisers and solar edge inverter installed.

Helpful, reliable, trustworthy all around great service and product

Great service from start to finish. Christian was super easy to deal with, reliable, responsive, helpful and trustworthy.
He came out to the place and gave us some options and was more than happy to answer follow up questions and provide advice.
Christian and his team were extremely helpful throughout the entire process on installation day, had everything installed with no fuss and clean up after like they hadn't even been there.
Prompt follow up and submission of paperwork right after install.
I would and halve already highly recommend Linked Solar
Reference: We had 25 Q Cell Panels and solar edge inverter installed.

Fantastic service. Quality installation

Christian was great from first contact. Listened to what I was after and provided multiple options / price points. Super responsive and answered all my questions, even before I'd committed to the install.

Installation was efficient and hassle free. Ran through everything with me before starting, and took directions from me about inverter placement. Very neat installation. Had my system up and running by the end of the day.

Very thorough post install, with plenty of communication providing all the relevant paperwork, manuals, logins, etc. Even lodged the application with my retailer to have the meter reconfigured.

If I ever need another system I'd be calling Linked Solar first.

Christian was excellent, not the cheapest but very happy with everything

Great in every way, information given and efficiency and quality of service

Friendly, Professional, Great Service

Christian, Max and Jo were a pleasure to deal with, AAA+ Customer Service front start to finish, Max + 1 the installers were very professional and treated the install as if it was their house, he was very fussy and eager to to a good professional job. I am happy with the quality panels and inverter used, Linked Solar is a good example of how all companies should operate, highly recommend

Easy process and a great result

Everything was managed professionally and it was a great experience overall. The recommendations they made regarding our installation, as well as quoting and the actual installation were all handled very well. We're very happy with the team at Linked Solar and the result.

A shining light in the Solar panel installation industry.

We all know that is always a risk entrusting any company with your hard-earned coin for a venture that you know little about regardless of how many videos you've YouTubed. I think that if someone writes an review they fall into two categories. 1) some one who has had an excellent experience 2) someone who needs to tell the word of how they were ripped off. Linked solar is absolutely category No 1. The director and installer with his team is an excellent communicator. He sticks to promised deadlines, gives you plenty of choice with regards to panels, inverters and battery options and seamlessly guides you through the paperwork, most of which is done for you by Christian. Here is a company that was recommended to me over drinks at a Melbourne Cup BBQ and the only winner I backed that day was this company. Installation workmanship quality was excellent and I would gladly recommend this man simply for his integrity and honesty alone.

Definitely recommended

We had three quotes done and everyone said different things that led to an increase in the price. The job was complicated, or we really need to upgrade to this system or that. We weren't satisfied with any of them so we asked for a quote from linked solar. This time the quote was reasonable and they did not try to sell us anything we didn't want or need. They actually sent an installer out to do the quote rather than a salesperson which made a huge difference. Communication was excellent and polite. Installation was done quickly and professionally (despite some rather loud and offensive language from the tradies) with plenty of after-installation follow-up if we needed assistance. Great price and service. Would use again.

Great local installer

Linked Solar have been great to deal with from start to finish. Competitive quote and professional attitude to customer engagement, communication and installation. Thanks to everyone at Linked Solar.

Great company

Christian and his team at Linked Solar are a great company to deal with, they were very professional from the start with quoting till they completed the installation. And they cleaned up after themselves (didn’t even find a piece of wire lying around)
I would highly recommend this company