Linked Solar Reviews

About Linked Solar, Solar Installers

Linked Solar
Silver Partner
Linked Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 86 941 051 915  ABN active since 01 Jul 2012 | Trages Family Trust
ACN: 159 252 212  ACN active since 28 Jun 2012 | Linked Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 27583 Linked Services Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $6,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Linked Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Greensborough and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Linked Solar Solar Reviews

Great Installation

Would highly recommend Linked Solar. Christian was fantastic on the sales/quoting. Was the only one that spent the time and effort to attend site and discuss our needs.

Their installation team were fantastic, very neat and polite. Overall, a a great install experience.

Any follow up questions were prompt in reply.

GREAT Job

Job was done as quoted and cleaned up afterwards. I had great help organising the Paperwork and connection. So far I'm satisfied with the job. Show additional information

Linked Solar - highly recommended - great company

Christian and his team were fantastic - from the initial quote, to his follow up with best system set up and suggestions, product knowledge, absolute transparency in the services to be provided I would not go anywhere else - no hard sell in any way. Having obtained proposals from other suppliers and whilst price is a factor, the genuine approach by Christian is second to none. Always prompt with responses, all questions answered and everything that promised was delivered. Assistance with the rebates was welcomed and nothing was ever too hard. There may be "cheaper" suppliers out there, but care needs to be taken.

Installation day was a breeze - the team arrived as promised and on time (even a tad earlier!). Christian was part of this team - it is comforting when the owner of the business works on site. Absolute quality outfit with all the guys each working on their own piece of the installation to bring it together. Polite, professional and experienced - neatly installed, all rubbish was taken away and they even went down to the detail to make sure no screws were left in the driveway. It is only day two since its been operation install and everything is working just fine and we are enjoying watching the solar input through the app suggested for our system.

Everything about my experience with LinkedSolar was positive

Great company to deal with.
- Excellent small business who clearly were keen to make sure we were happy. It never felt overly “salesy” compared with other companies.
- visited our house and provided lots of info and the cheapest quote on quality products
- guided me through the vic solar process for rebates.
- the installers were lovely, professional and fast: 20 panel system installed by 3pm same day and left the place clean and spotless.

Highly recommended

I have got what I bargained for, so far

During the quoting process I felt I was dealing with 'the man' rather than a sales organization. Christian initially quoted me on a Solaredge system that has had reliability issues, particularly in the tropics (a bit like Takata airbags) which did not initially inspire me with confidence, although in his defence, it is a still a widely recommended and deployed system in temperate areas where I live. I was sufficiently impressed with him to give him another chance to quote on other products, over which we discussed and negotiated at length by email, and came out with what I thought was a very fair deal on products I did have confidence in.

The installation was a no fuss and workmanlike affair that took just under a day. Christian suggested some improvements in panel placement, which I accepted. The job was tidied up and and the inverter brought into operation and its features, controls and apps downloaded, installed and explained.

We are now at the stage of getting compliance certification in order to join the grid. Christian has been answered all my email questions promptly and he will organize the processes necessary to fully operationalize the system.

As far as I am concerned, this is very early days. I will not fully know how good the deal, workmanship and service has been until some time down stream. The test of a good product and service 'pudding' is in the eating of it over time, particularly if anything goes wrong, when there is no money in it for the contractor dealing with a backend warranty hassle. If that bit is handled well, that is when the five stars get handed out, because when the chips are down, that is what separates excellent from ordinary.

My assessment of Christian is that he very likely will deliver on downstream obligations.

If my experience over the warranty period with Christian Traeger is as good as its beginning, not only will he get his five stars, but my future business.

On-time, on-budget and professional

I met with Christian to discuss options. He was punctual, polite and easy to deal with.

The rest of the installation process flowed on smoothly, without hiccups. In the few weeks I've had the system, it has generated roughly what we estimated it ought to.

The installation quality was great, with all system components being neatly placed and nicely finished off. This included some adjustments during installation to ensure the rails were cleanly aligned with the panel positions, and covers for the various junction boxes. Added bonus was the polite and clean installation team, that got the job completed with a minimum of fuss.

Excellent Customer Service, Product knowledge, and design detail

Very Professional, punctual, knowledgeable, tidy, and great value for money. Show additional information

Very Professional Installation

The interaction with the installer was easy and painless.
The workmen on the day were pleasant and worked very safely.
Wiring was hidden in the wall and cannot fault the installation.
All paper work was made easy and interaction with the electricity supplier worked so well.
All configuration of the inverter onto my wireless network and setup of the monitoring website was completed.
Very happy with Linked Solar

Great service and highly recommended

Linked Solar's team was very professional, showed great attention to detail and delivered what they promised. Polite, tidy and helpful throughout. Careful to work around a heritage house.
Not the cheapest quote, but quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.
A great job.

Great service and professional from beginning to end

They did all the paperwork, they were punctual, friendly and cleaned up afterwards. Show additional information

Fantastic Service - helpful and prompt

Christian from Linked Solar was on the ball right from the start.

He always did what he said he'd do, when he said he'd do it.

Was very patient and answered all our questions - nothing was too much trouble.

The installation went ahead on the day as scheduled, and workmanship was top quality.

A very easy and simple process from start to finish.

Would highly recommend Christian and his team at Linked Solar.

Would recommend linked solar

The whole process with Linked solar was smooth and very efficient. Christain come out to my house within a day of making enquiry. Very fair quote and discount given for multiple units installing solar panels.
Christain and his team were always punctual. Left zero mess after installation and even took down my Christmas lights at my request without any hesitation.
Very easy to communicate with and was always able to answer my questions.
I have have already referred Linked solar to friends and woukd do so again.

Well priced panels and labour. Local qualified electricians doing the install.

I was nervous about choosing a solar install company because my network of trades didn't know of any good, reliable solar installers. I used Solarquotes and they provided me with 3 installers.

Out of the 3, Linked Solar seemed to be the best priced and I spoke directly to the owner of the business who was knowledgeable about the process, pricing and the industry.

Quoting process was on point - efficient in emailing quotes and setting realistic install times.
Quote amount was on point - based on my research I felt like I good really good value for money.
Service quality - I am normally very sensitive to shitty service. I have worked in the service industry for over 10 years and I myself have come to expect good service. That is, realistic expectations, no attitude, answering questions that seem stupid and delivering on what is promised. I have nothing to complain about Linked Solar. Honestly, this is the best service I have received in a long time.
Install experience - The weather forecast wasn't great. The installers all arrived on time at 7:30am. I was impressed as normally there are 1 or 2 blokes lagging behind. All of the installers were experienced and knew exactly what they were doing and how they were going to do it. As usual, there were hurdles encountered and everyone just adapted to the situation. No fuss at all. Not only was the install smoothly run but they also provided all materials on site and cleaned up everything after and didn't load up my recycling bin.
Post install experience - inspector arrived soon after and then they organised everything with the distributor and retailer. Very clear instructions over email if I needed to do anything.

In short, you pay for what you get. But sometimes you pay a fair price for top service. I got lucky with finding these blokes. 100% would recommend them to my friends and family based on my install experience.

Friendly and helpful installer - looked after all the dirty work for us.

Christian was helpful all the way through and did all the grunt work for us. Show additional information

Excellent service

We were very happy with the service we received from Linked Solar. The installation team was polite, efficient and well organised. The price was as expected - no nasty surprises. The owner was very co-operative and able to accommodate all of our requests, including a new outlet for charging our electric vehicle. There was a little confusion at the completion about who did what with regard to informing the retailer. We are still waiting for connection to the grid but were informed it could take 20 business days. (So far it is 10 business day - Easter in the middle!) We are really enjoying watching the system app and maximizing our solar usage, and minimizing the power we have to buy from the grid. We woulod highly recommend Linked Solar. Show additional information

Why choose linked solar

Very much to time, kept me well informed and good follow up after install. Certainly not the cheapest but I felt comfortable with this organisation Show additional information

Highly recommended professional contractor

Super efficient and professional. Christian was great to deal with throughout the entire process. Kept us informed at every stage. Turned up when he said he would. Neat clean hassle free installation. Cleaned up. Answered all our questions/emails. Highly recommended!!! Show additional information

Great Price and Clean Install

Christian provided the best price for Tier 1 components. His blokes did an incredibly clean job installing (both panels and inverter) and consulted regularly with myself during installation to make sure I was happy. Christian's after-sales support has also been fantastic (monitoring and ensuring the system is running effectively). Show additional information

Fully professional installer

Entire process from end to end was superb. Christian and his team are true professionals and take pride in their work! Highly recommended Show additional information

Very happy

The whole process was easy from first phone call to install. Christian is the sales manager, and the installer and the contact person for all my questions. He was easy to talk to, knowledgeable, never pushy and very prompt to answer my many questions. He provided me with all the knowledge I needed, in an honest way, to make my own decision. Dealing directly with the installer rather than a sale person was very reassuring for me. Christian also arranged to take care of all connections after the install. The installers were kind to my two very small kids, clean and helpful. Show additional information

Fantastic system and experience

We selected Linked Solar through Solar Quotes because Christian most closely understood our needs, didn’t try to upsell us and came across very honest and pragmatic. We have some unavoidable shading and he had the best and most reasonable option for mitigating that. His quote was very competitive. I also liked the fact that he’s on the roof himself with his team doing the work. He was always on time and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. We had problems with the inverter connecting to our wifi so he came back and connected it directly via a cable for no extra charge. The solar has been working brilliantly. Would definitely recommend Linked Solar to others. Show additional information

Top Quality, Reliable and Trustworthy Crew

Christian and his team were punctual, tidy, friendly and very professionally.

Quote: After the first phone call Christian, LinkedSolar's director, came to visit for the quote process. Not only was the quoted price reasonable, I found that LinkedSolar was the only company that was able to communicate and discuss options with easily. There was no pushy upselling and Christian was happy to provide a prices for a few different options which I asked for. We had a few special requests which they were only too happy to assist with. My wife and I have almost 40 years experience in the energy industry and found that a few of the sales people sent to us were not very knowledgeable and couldn't provide any actual details that weren't listed out in their brochure. This wasn't the case with LinkedSolar, Christian really knows his stuff!

Installation: The team arrived exactly on time, to the minute. Christian and his three installers worked non-stop throughout the day with minimal disruption to our household, returning the next day to finish some wiring and spend some time walking through the setup of the additional SolarAnalytics module. The attention to detail and willingness to explain details to the customer was especially appreciated. Not one piece of rubbish or wire-cutoffs was left behind.

Post-Install: The solar setup is working perfectly and the monitoring they have installed is exceptional. We can now view consumption on each power circuit individually to help make the most of the solar power throughout the day. All questions have been answered promptly and changes to the monitoring made without any fuss. All inspections and paperwork was arranged by LinkedSolar, we didn't have to do a thing.

Sunpower panels: 25 year performance warranty AND 25 year product warranty. Happy to pay a bit more for peace of mind.
Fronius Inverter: 10 year warranty
SolarAnalytics: 4G connected monitoring for solar and household consumption. Lots of easy to understand info from their web page and apps.

I found LinkedSolar to be professional and committed to ensuring full customer satisfaction. Highly recommended!

Fantastic experience from start to finish!

We had a fantastic experience with Linked Solar. Christian explained the process and ensured we were comfortable with all aspects before proceeding. We were pleased with the quote and Christian was very helpful in navigating the government rebate application. The installation team were on time, friendly and kept us updated as they went. Overall, we were impressed with Christian and his team and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others. Show additional information

Good communicators who know their stuff.

Throughout the whole process, Christian and the team at Linked Solar were very helpful. From actually visiting the property to do the quote, answering questions along the way and helping with the rebate application process, and then finally the installation he communicated well. He's well organised and arrived to do the installation with all his ducks in a row. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Nice guys to deal with. Very responsive, had the system in just a few weeks after the go ahead. Very happy

Clear quote and best price. Checked out Ausnet approval - only one who did.
Didn't have to wait long and they turned up when they promised. No variation.
System looks great and working perfectly.

Professional Installer

Linked Solar was the best price of the three quotes I received from the three companies introduced to me by Solar Quotes.
The installation was done very professionally and all four doing this where very friendly and did their best to get the job
done well with the least inconvenience. The Director Christian was also very helpful with the grid connection.

Amazingly easy operation from start to finish.

The initial quote was based on price but then we upgraded to the best components (Sunpower / Fronius) for a long term benefit. This will add value to the property.
Christian Traeger was brilliant from start to finish. They arrived on time to the minute and the installation was flawless.
Excellent customer service. Christian also explained the phone app for monitoring the system. I would not hesitate in recommending Linked Solar. (And I already have.)
Linked Solar installation and after care service has been excellent Show additional information

Excellent Customer Service and great system

We would like to thank Christian and his team for removing an older dodgy system and installing our new system in July. After much research I selected Linked Solar based on their reviews on Solar Quotes and Google and recommendations and the fact that they were local to my area. Christian was prompt professional and very thorough with his quote and the price was competitive.

Vic Solar introduced a new rebate system for this year creating alot more work for both the customer and installer. Christian's communication and guidance through this new online process was exemplary resulting in a fairly quick approval to have the system installed. Christian spent alot more time going back and forth between Vic Solar and me which really assisted get the rebate through with minimal fuss.

When it came time for the job Christian and his team were on time, very easy to deal with, friendly and went well above in terms of cleaning up and making sure that I was happy, much better than many other trades I have recently dealt with. Included in this was the removal and disposal of the old system which save me the hassle.

The system was completed and commissioned as planned without any issues and has worked flawlessly so far. The electrical inspection was thorough and the inspector was very pleased with the install. All the paperwork was forwarded to me within a day of the inspection. All I am yet to do is confirm with my retailer that I am getting feedin which I will do this week coming.

I have already passed on Linked Solar's details to two other friends and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Linked Solar, Christian and his team if your looking to add new solar or fix up your existing solar.
Dealing with new solar vic system on july 1 was a nightmare. But once they get the bugs sorted out i think the application process will be excellent. Show additional information
Fantastic service from Christian. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Christian and his team did a fantastic job of our solar installation. On time, thorough and very neat and great attention to detail

The system passed inspection with no issues, and has been performing flawlessly

Professional Quality Installer. Fantastic Service

I installed a 5 kw system recently. Christian, Linked Solar Director, was the only installer to come on site to discuss the quote and its installation with me. Then he came out with his crew to install the system himself. It was this factor that persuaded me to sign up with Linked Solar. The install went well because Christian was there to do it, not subcontract the job out. He even sent a crew out to get more replacement roof tiles when my spare ones ran out. Admittedly my roof tiles were more than 75 years old and were rather brittle.

My emails to him were answered promptly. He helped me with the solar rebate application. Christian also helped to organise the grid connection process after.

I found Linked Solar to be a very reliable, professional, and trustworthy installer. Highly recommended.

Fantastic Installar

Honest and professional service. From start to finish Christian and his team were a great to deal with. Provided quality workmanship and product. Would highly recommend this company fort solar panel installation. Show additional information

Great job. Fantastic service

I was really impressed with my dealings with Christian from Linked Solar. When deciding who to go with, I got a number of quotes from different companies and I liked the fact that he would be completing the job himself with this team and not outsourcing the job to a sub contractor.
Christian was professional, knowledgeable and happy to take the time to explain the process to me.

His price was reasonable and I'm really happy with the product we chose.
I have and will continue recommend him to my friends and family
Professional quote, very good quality system at a fair price. Really appreciated the attention to small details. Show additional information
Good customer service, I emailed back and forth a couple of times with Christian, the director of Linked Solar, to get clarification and revision on prices/needs. He was very patient in addressing my questions and adapt the quote to my budget to come to a compromise. Felt he was honest with his assessment and pricing and did not try and gouge me on the prices as compared to other quotes (especially with the Victorian Govt solar rebate - most quotes added another $2k). Yet to see the benefits in terms of dollar as just had the installation completed (which he did himself, not farmed out to sub contractors- another bonus!) but am hopeful will be beneficial in the long run. Also want to give him a thumbs up for the follow up service when he personally came to ensure the electrical inspection passed and also assisted in installing the app on my phone to monitor the inverter. Very much appreciated and happy to recommend him to other customers. Show additional information
We were most impressed with the options offered to us and the advice given to help choose the best combination for our situation. The installation went very smoothly and we are very happy with how the system is performing and the follow up communication. Very happy to recommend Linked Solar and Solarquotes to others. Show additional information
Christian is a real professional who did a quality install, and backed this up with prompt answering of any emails I sent him, and sorting out all information required for my Electrical retailer. Show additional information