Roland Lawrence Electrical Reviews

About Roland Lawrence Electrical, Solar Installers

Roland Lawrence Electrical
Silver Partner
Roland Lawrence Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 18 606 083 103  ABN active since 01 Jul 2015 | Rlelec Pty Ltd
ACN: 606 083 103  ACN active since 27 May 2015 | Rlelec Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 287066C Rlelec Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $7,800 - $10,830 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Roland Lawrence Electrical has been involved in the solar industry since 2010, becoming RLELEC PTY LTD in July 2015. We have installed well over 1000 residential solar installation from 1.5kW all the way up to 50kW! And everything in between. Our commercial experience is almost as vast as we have installed approximately one hundred 30-50kW and over a dozen 100kW+ systems. No matter what your energy requirements are, we have a solution for you

Given we do not employ subcontractors, we’re able to reduce margins without sacrificing quality. This allows us to provide superior service, and top of the line components, while still remaining competitive in a cut throat industry.

As one of our customers, you can expect honesty and transparency throughout the whole project, from design right through handover and beyond. Quality is our number one priority and as such, we will ensure your building is in as good, if not better condition, than before we started. Customer satisfaction is another value we pride ourselves on. We find the majority of our work is through word of mouth which is extremely satisfying and is a testament to the superior level of service and quality we provide.

Roland Lawrence Electrical Solar Reviews

Excellent in every way

The quoting process was prompt and clear. The diagrams provided were excellent.

I was particularly impressed by the installers and by Roland's follow up. Roland and his team were thoughtful and considerate, honest, efficient and committed to doing a good job.

I am delighted with the result.

Damn fine service!

Roland and his team made installing solar a breeze. Roland was patient when explaining the various pros and cons and his proposal was transparent, easy to understand and represented real value for money. He deserves special praise for his punctuality too!

On the day of installation Roland’s team was superb. Polite, clean, considerate and diligent. At the end of the day there was not a scrap of waste left on the property and their post-installation inspection of the roof ensured that any damaged tiles were replaced.

We also really appreciated the extra lengths they went to in order to maintain the required social distancing due to COVID-19 restrictions.

So forget the cowboys, if you are considering solar, give Roland a call.

Great professional service

Roland took all the time I needed to really explain everything I needed to understand about solar. His staff turned up on time when expected without exception. Very neat work, good looking as well as functional.
I would totally recommend Roland Laurence Electrical for quality and skill, also pleasure to deal with!

Great service, smooth installation

Roland was great to work with. He came out in person and managed to find a configuration of panels that could squeeze a system on our roof that was bigger that what any of the competitors proposed. Show additional information

An absolute delight, excels in responsiveness and professionalism

An absolute delight to work with RLE.

We needed to replace our very old solar panels, and due to the small roof space of our terrace it isn't a big job. Roland was recommended to us by a friend working in the solar industry.

When contacted, Roland responded immediately, came out for a site inspection within days, and after signing the contract his team was here for the installation two weeks later (basically as soon as he could get the materials in).

We definitely felt we were getting the platinum-level treatment, including full attention to the specifics of our situation, (from what we can tell) high quality and professionalism of the work, not the least cleaning up perfectly after themselves. They also came back promptly when we thought there was an issue resulting from their work (which in the end we realised wasn't their fault).

We can whole-heartedly recommend them for selling and installing a roof-top solar system.

Service and experience second to none!

I was uncertain of what our needs were and I found the owner, Roland a pleasure to deal with. What sold me was that he owns the company and oversees the projects. If anything was to go wrong I knew he was a local man and would be back on the spot if needed.
I had a concern with the age of my 100 year old tiles but Roland sourced replacements for several that were broken during the installation. He also fixed a leak for me and supplied an expensive awning to protect the inverter from the sun.
I can't wait to recommend him to others.

Most thorough inspection, quote and advice

I had several quotes for my home solar system. On what was a tricky install, some big-name companies said the job was too difficult for them and they either wouldn't quote, or quoted online then declined the job when I insisted they inspect onsite. Roland from RLELEC climbed onto the roof, got the tape out and measured every section of roof suitable for panels. He looked at the meter, and confirmed I had 3-phase power, which other reps weren't so sure about when asked. He then climbed into the roof cavities to see how challenging the cabling would be. Apart from a quick look at the meter box, no other company rep did any of this. The quote I got from RLELEC was then the most detailed of any. The type and size of panel Roland recommended was said to be the best to suit the dimensions of the roof, not the one most companies wanted to sell me. (I had told him I was happy to pay for top of the range LG but he explained why the 380W REC panels chosen were a better option in my case). In the end, three reputable companies committed to doing the job, and the quoted price of all reflected the hazardous nature of the job. Roland's quote wasn't the cheapest, and the projected power production of his system was conservative compared to that of several quotes. But now after two weeks of running, the production is a little better than what he predicted, so he wasn't over selling.
The installation team were excellent, trustworthy and friendly. They worked under difficult conditions - with mid summer (mid to high 30's) temperatures, and installation on a double storey and steeply pitched roof. There were no problems, and they demonstrated expertise, high safety standards (harnesses included) to efficiently complete a job others wouldn't touch.
After paying the balance of the invoice I have subsequently had several questions, which Roland has answered promptly and with obvious in-depth knowledge of all the technicalities involved in my system and in the operation of solar overall. Prior to getting quotes, I had spent several weeks doing research. This included reading 'The Good Solar Guide' and several other online resources about solar and what to expect from salespersons and systems. So I was armed with knowledge that made me wary of a few of the 'experts' I spoke to along the way. From the start I had no concerns about Roland. I found him genuine, thorough, and the most knowledgeable of all those I dealt with. Nothing has changed now that I am observing the system in operation.

Brilliant in emergecy

Recently we had a five day blackout due to a massive storm in our area. We have a full system including a LG storage battery. From this we had power to keep going, provide some hot showers for a neighbour along with cooked meals and store perishables for other neighbours. After the storm we had sunny weather so we were able to keep the battery topped up and with some sensible management of lights and non essentials probably could have gone on indefinitely. We can highly recommend adding a storage battery to any household system. Finally we have really slashed our power bills. All good. Show additional information

Fast, professional, good workmanship

Professional and friendly from start to finish. Gave recommendations and several options for panels, etc, with corresponding quotes. Fast and timely install and neat workmanship. Very responsive both before and after installation. Show additional information

Local small business with great service

I got three quotes when looking at installing a solar system in Sydney's inner-west. Two were from bigger companies, the third from RLE. One larger company didn't even send anyone out for the quote, another sent a sales rep, Roland was the only electrician of the three who came out to do the quote, climbed on the roof to ensure that he could do the job that he was quoting for. Roland's was the cheapest quote of the three for a system slightly smaller than the other two in terms of output. Roland was also very good at answering numerous questions I had about choice of inverter, panels, etc. It took us a while to make a final decision and Christmas was fast approaching, but Roland said he could get the system in before the holidays and was true to his word - it was probably about one month between paying the deposit and the installation date, which seems like a fairly quick turnaround compared to some installers we have read about. On the day, Roland turned up with two of his crew, stayed half the day and did all the internal wiring before heading to another job and leaving them to finish up. They didn't get the installation finished on the first day, but Roland turned up himself two days later to finish everything off. On both days, Roland and his team turned up at the time they said they would, they were very polite and left no mess behind. Throughout the quoting and installation process I found Roland transparent and helpful. Just be aware that it can sometimes take him a few days to respond to emails, I assume because he is out on the tools during most weekdays. Roland gave me the appropriate advice as to what needed to be done with Energy Australia (my retailer) to feed the solar into the grid (incidentally, so far I have found Energy Australia very helpful with the process). So far, the Solar Analytics monitoring system shows the system performing at or slightly above the projections from RLE's modelling. Three weeks after installation, we are extremely satisfied with the service, price and function of our solar system installed by RLE. Show additional information

Wonderful experience from start to finish, Fantastic install and customer service

I am really happy that I chose Roland Lawrence to install my system. The initial quote was professional and very reasonably priced, especially considering the steepness and height of my roof and the difficulty of access. Roland was then very happy to answer all my questions, explain how it all worked, and modify the components of the system until I was convinced that we had selected the best options for my house and budget. The install went very smoothly, the team was friendly and tidy and Roland himself was on site for most of time. A few days after the install I received an email from Roland saying that they had been monitoring my system and everything was running as expected. I could also see this myself from the monitoring dashboard, but I thought it was a nice touch and I feel that my solar system is now in very good hands. All in all, a great experience, and I will be recommending Roland to all my network. Show additional information

Professional, Friendly and Supportive - Highly Recommended

Roland and his team delivered exactly what was promised - a high quality product installed professionally, on time and with a smile. Roland was supportive, patient and willing to go the extra mile delivering excellent customer service. He provided constructive advice and was highly responsive when e-mailed or contacted via mobile. I would thoroughly recommend him and will be re-connecting once we either expand the system or add a battery. Show additional information

Reliable, knowledgeable, friendly

I recently chose Roland Lawrence Electrical to install a solar system at my property. What stood out for me was the thorough approach to find the best-suited system for my home, the effort to measure my roof to make sure that the system will fit (he was the only supplier who did that!) and the quality of workmanship. It was a pleasure to deal with Roland, and I would recommend him to anyone seeking a reliable, knowledgeable and friendly expert in solar sytem installation. Show additional information

Excellent customer service

We got a few quotes, and RL Electrical were not the cheapest. However, once Roland arrived to explain the nitty gritty of the system he proposed, it made sense to pay a little more. Everything about the sales process impressed us. You could immediately see these guys took it all very seriously, and they were passionate about getting a good result for us.
The installation went well, and they cleaned up after themselves as you'd expect. They took care of all the set up hassles, and even came back a few weeks later to check everything was working as intended and to answer any questions we had. These guys really were a pleasure to do business with and consistently went the extra mile.

Professional and good to deal with

Professional operator, delivered as promised and very happy with the unit. Show additional information

Easy going experience

Really professional service from start to finish, everything was explained in an easy to understand manner and any questions I had where answered easily, I could tell they pride in what they do.

The installation went well, the company was prompt with its installation and where they really went above and beyond for was returning a week later to see if I was happy with the install and how it was performing.

professional, efficient and polite

Dear Roland,
I would like to sincerely thank you and the boys from Roland Lawrence Electrical for the great job they did in fixing and installing our upgraded solar power system. My experience with your company has been one that I could not rate highly enough. From the installation of our 1st system 5 years ago to the current update of our system we have had nothing but great experiences. All requests have been dealt with promptly and without question and the level of customer service has been exemplary. I've been very impressed with the way you regularly follow up on issues we have raised, and this proactivity should be commended. Your tenacity in following up on the most recent warranty issues was fantastic and I couldn't have been more impressed. Thank you for the extra effort that you put in on our behalf.

Our expectations around the actual installation of our updated system have been largely exceeded. Your installers were professional, efficient and polite, with the latest system upgrade being completed in a single day. I have a lot of friends and family who asked me where we got our solar installation and I am always happy to recommend RL Electrical. Since the installation of our 5.5 kW system, we have rarely had to pay an electricity bill and mostly find ourselves in credit from quarter to quarter.
Roland Lawrence was recommended to us by Inner West Community Energy. We have nothing but praise for Roland and his team of installers... from the quotation stage to beyond the installation.
Our installation turned into a nightmare for Roland because we had problems with both our Energy Retailer (Click Energy) and our Energy Distributor (Ausgrid).
I was able to solve our problems with Click Energy, but only because of Roland's helpful advice. He was more than happy to guide me through trying to resolve our issues, then making a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Roland realized during our installation that the voltage coming through the network to our house was often too high, and dangerously so. He complained on our behalf to Ausgrid, who initially showed little interest in solving the problem. During this time, Roland visited us many times to reconfigure both our inverters (from his new system and an older one we have), in an effort to make both systems run better.
When Ausgrid failed to respond, Roland took that matter to the Ombudsman on our behalf. Ausgrid plans to solve that problem this week.
I can't thank Roland enough for the time and effort he has put into making sure that our Solar Installation has been perfect.
The only supplier able to provide a non standard system at an economical price. Show additional information