Solar Tactics Pty Ltd

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Reviews

4.9

Based on 130 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Solar Tactics is your Family owned and operated  Solar PV System installer. Solar Tactics services the Melbourne Southern Region which includes: Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Frankston & Mornington Peninsula.

Solar Tactics will specifically Plan, Design and Connect a system to your home or business, tailored to your requirements. We use state-of-the-art software to develop our proposal to benefit our customers in receiving a system that suits their particular needs and provides a positive payback period.

We are a solar retailer and use CEC accredited installers. Our CEC accredited installers are also Master Electricians and Clean Energy Council members and being part of these organisations keeps us up to date with industry standards & regulations.

Reviewers report paying: $2,500 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Reviews (130)

Absolutely fantastic

Alan, Dennison and the team were excellent to deal with. Alan gave an accurate and affordable quote with a realistic timeline for install. Dennison and his team arrived on time and worked quickly to get my system installed, they explained to me in detail how the system worked and what to look out for. They were extremely friendly with great customer service and I would highly recommend them.
Hide Tom's Comment

Cost

Great experience from beginning to end

Alan and the team at Solar Tactics were so easy to deal with and helpful along the way. We had the interruption of Covid during our process but were kept informed all the way through to make sure we know when our installation could proceed. The actual installation went so smoothly on our two story house that you couldn't tell they were even here. everything left perfectly clean and the rood looks great with the panels installed. We were led through the entire process, right to the end by Alan (and Peregrina) and are very thankful for their hard work. 5 stars all round. Highly recommend.
Hide Cath's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic service and communication.

Alan and his team recently installed solar panels in our investment property and we couldn't be happier. I approached them at a time when there were many covid challenges and Alan took the time and effort to keep us up to date on developments and provided realistic time frames in relation to installation. He went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service with efficient and thoughtful communication through out the process. Installation was easy and his team did a wonderful job. Our tenant is very happy and appreciative. I would highly recommend Solar Tactics.
Hide Belinda's Comment

Inverter Brand

A five star rating for five star company and people

Right from the quote to finish,everything was done perfectly and on the time that was promised. Very polite and friendly people who answered all our queries and made sure we understood. Very happy with work and already have recommended them to our family and friends.
Hide Vineet's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great family run business! Fantastic installer

I chose Solar Tactics after reading good reviews about them. The quoting process is smooth. They listened to our concerns and designed a system to our needs. Giving us quotes for different options. Responded to our questions promptly and professionally. The installation is excellent, they were punctual, tidy and polite. Solar Tactics organised all the necessary works after installation. Highly recommend!
Hide Jilly's Comment

Very Happy!

Dennison and the team from Solar Tactics were great. Good communication, competative price and very professional. Would highly recommend.
Hide Ric's Comment

13kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Fantastic Company

The team at Solar Tactics were a pleasure to do business with.From the initial consult and quotation I could tell they were very professional and extremely knowledgeable.The install went smoothly and the team were a pleasure to have at our home.They were polite and punctual ,their workmanship was neat and tidy and showed they took pride in their work.Any small mess was quickly cleaned up .Their after install customer service helping organise the grid connection made it a breeze.I highly recommend Solar Tactics for any of your Solar needs.We were not eligible for any rebates and this is reflected in the price paid.Even without any rebates I feel we have got great value for money.
Hide Troy's Comment

Great Experience!

Everything from quoting till installation went very smoothly. They were was very helpful with providing as many quotes as possible till we could make a decision. Installation, even though, hit by COVID strict lock-downs was scheduled as soon as the restrictions were lifted. The customer service was awesome. They provided all the details regarding the system on the day and answered to all our question patiently. All the instructions regarding the communications with council, electricity provider, etc were provided very clearly. I would highly recommend Solar Tactics Tactics, don't waste your time communicating with other companies, they tick all the boxes!
Hide Hourieh's Comment

Polite, organised and efficient

It was a smooth journey from start to finish. I received the product and services that I was promised. From the start when I spoke with Alan on the phone, I realized that I am dealing with the right people. He is patient, polite and provides the information you need. Dennison and the installation crew arrived on time and explained how the solar panels will be installed. They were efficient and cleaned the site after they finished.

Once the electrical inspector inspected the job, he commented " it was a nice job". You cannot go wrong with a family business that exceeds your expectations.
Hide Soheil's Comment

Exceptional.

This was the 2nd solar install I have organised. The first install was with another ‘Platinum’ Solar Quotes rated supplier, which I was generally (but not totally) satisfied with. The option was whether to go with the tried & tested or see if there was something better. Solar Tactics fulfilled the latter and provided an exceptional customer service experience.
1. Timely and informative sales and support: The team was very accessible. Communication was regular, timely and quotes detailed the specific equipment used (panels, inverter but also racking, isolator as well as isolating switch). The inspection was organised promptly, as well as connection to the grid.
2. Competitive pricing: the quote provided excellent value for money for the services provided.
3. Organised, and thorough design/install process: The on-site assessment during design phase confirmed actual roof measurements and allowed an extra 4 panels (compared with another quote which was based on satellite imagery). Installation was performed in-house and not sub-contracted, with the owner on site for the full install. The inverter was placed in a suitable location (south wall) in consultation with us.
4. Exceeded expectations
- A detailed pack was provided on installation with hard copies of the specification sheets of the equipment used, warranties (including 10 years installation) and their complaints policy
- Installation team was courteous, efficient, and took care in their work. They were not rushed and took the time required to get the job done right (e.g. alignment of panels, full cover for the rooftop DC isolator, blow down of the roof).
- Drone pictures of the install were provided at the end of the job.
- A detailed User’s Manual was provided with important information including safety and maintenance procedures.

A professional, family run business (from sales/support to installation) providing excellent service – platinum plus!
Hide Mal's Comment

Inverter Brand

Did a great job, arrived on time, very professional. Organised the grid connection, set up the WiFi app to check real time solar generation very happy with the service.
Hide Barrie's Comment

SolarTactics - Fantastic and well-recommended

Hi, I used Solar Quotes to find the best solar companies in the area, and selected SolarTactics. I selected them from the quotes I received based, initially, on their ranking on the Solar Quote site, and subsequently from the information they provided during my enquiries. Pre-sales, they were knowledgeable, interested in my custom and explained the complex (and sometimes basic) questions I had. Post-ordering, the installation date was quick. The installation itself was going to be a challenge due to the shape of my property - and the need to put the panels on three different roofs. The installers were an absolute pleasure to have - courteous, on-time, knowledgeable, and worked like Trojans throughout a very hot day. I couldn't be more appreciative of them - they were great.
Hide Charlie's Comment

Fantastic team

They were recommended by a community friend and that recommendation worked a treat. Right from the beginning they always kept me up to date with what was happening and if for some reason I couldn’t reach them they got back to me promptly. Very happy with the customer service installation and everything else. I have already recommended them to my family and friends.
Hide Vineet's Comment

7kW

Excellent Service

I went with SolarTactics based on online reviews and the whole process from quote to post installation was very smooth. Dennison and his team are superb professionals and go and beyond to get the work done. I was guided at each step, with comprehensive details being provided about the process. I very highly recommend SolarTactics for their skill and excellent customer service.
Hide Prateek's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent customer service and end to end experience. Highly recommend

Dennison and team provided exception experience from quoting, communication via email, phone interview and installation where he was involved.
Install was clean tidy, professional. Still awaiting the grid connections after 1 week but the expectation it could take another 3 weeks.
Installed a 7.7kw panels Longi 370kw with 6.6kw fronius inverter. It's consistently generated 50KW+ per day for 6 days straight.

Hide Chris's Comment

9kW

$15,000 to $20,000

Difficult Job Well Done

The quoting was very straight forward and the job proceeded at the agreed date and time. The installation crew were just fantastic working on the roof in hot weather and with a highly polished tile installed at a steep angle.
There were no complaints and they just got on with it.
The back room people organised everything with the power distributor and it was going within days.
Highly recommend these guys as you couldn't find better people to deal with.

Hide Morris's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Cost

Dennison and his crew were fabulous all the way through the process. Couldn’t rate them high enough for quality and service.
Hide Ross's Comment

Too Easy

From start to finish, dealing with Solar Tactics has been a breeze. Initial quote was given timeously and well presented, it took me many weeks to do my research before accepting the quote and I was not bombarded with calls in the interim, which was very much appreciated. After accepting the quote, communication and documentation were precise and uncomplicated. Installation was done by an extremely respectful team; punctual, polite and informative. They fitted the system on our double storey roof on an extremely hot day, without complaining and in good time. I am so happy I took the time to read through all the reviews of other companies and came to choose Solar Tactics. Keep up the good work guys and thanks again.
Hide Cathrine's Comment

Excellent choice in Solar Panel company

We had the solar system installed a month ago by Solar Tactics. We had multiple quotes and the technical suggestions to overcome a partial shading issue was the tipping point for us to choose Solar Tactics.
Alan keep us informed during the Stage 4 Lockdown in Melbourne which stopped our planned installation and the installation proceeded as soon as restrictions eased. The installation team of four were wonderful. Friendly and worked efficiently on the day.
We had our switchboard upgraded as part of the process and was billed separately by Solar Electric.
They're an excellent company to deal with - they asked the right questions and came up with the appropriate solution.
Highly recommend.
Hide CJ's Comment

9kW

Inverter Brand

Fantastic and reliable company to deal with

Went with Solar Tactics after reading several reviews and they did not disappoint. From my initial contact with Alan who quoted for a 6.6KW system and then after speaking with Dennison we decided to go for a 9.25KW system seeing that we are all electric household.Peregrina kept us informed as to the progress due to the delay because of the COVID restrictions and we were slotted in first up when they were allowed to resume work. The installation went without a hitch Dennison and his crew were very efficient and had the job done in the day. We would thoroughly recommend this family company to anyone and have passed on their details to friends of ours who are considering going solar.
Hide Dean's Comment

2kW

Inverter Brand

Great quality and customer service

I’m very happy with the system they installed for us 6 months ago. The installers were very friendly and didn’t try to rush the job - they were still working on it after 6pm. The install is very neat and tidy. Customer service has been great, they followed up a couple of times since it was installed.

Great company

It has been a great experience with solar tactics. From the initial quation with Allan to the installation process with Dennison and to the efficient administrative work of the peregrina been first class. Cost to install the system is very competitive and I must say one of the best quotes I have got. What makes me go with them is their reviews and it was great. Dennison done a great installation given it was not easy to install due to the height of the roof. From that on they moved quickly to get me connected to the grid with organising paperwork in timely manner. Great staff and great company to deal with.
Hide Damith's Comment

Hanwha Q CELLS

Inverter Brand

Top quality team and business

End to end, Solar Tactics were professional and provided fantastic customer service. I received about 10 quotes from suppliers on Solar Quotes and decided to go with Denny and the team because they weren't pushy, always helpful to answer questions and customised it to my requests and specifications.
On the day these guys were stellar, hard working to get everything done, took me through the important questions that affected my property and very professional especially around COVID.
They also had after sales service to see how I was going and kept me updated with the paperwork and pictures of the installation.
I will recommend Solar Tactics to anyone switching to solar

Hide Winston's Comment

Customer Friendly Business

We became aware of Solar Tactics when they installed our daughter's solar system. She was happy with her installation and as we were considering our own installation we decided to contact them. They provided a very high level of customer service designing our system and guiding us through the process. They efficiently installed the system with a minimum of fuss and then provided our retailer with the necessary documentation to have us connected to the grid. They even provided us with aerial photos of the installation. We are very pleased with the way Solar Tactics handled our solar installation.
Hide Francis's Comment

Inverter Brand

A great supplier experience, zero glitches

A very satisfying experience in dealing with a supplier. I also went to Solar Tactics based on their reviews, and they did not disappoint. A very quick quote, a very reasonable one at that compared to the two I had, and from the moment I decided to go with them things moved very fast. They uploaded the quote to Victorian Solar; they were even faster with overnight approval. Dennison moved the installation date to suit me, and within two weeks all installed and ready,. and within another week I was exporting power !! The process did not have a hitch, and the installation appeared to be very professional, with Dennison ready to explain and accommodate any of my requests. Another plus was that Alan wasn't the quintessentially pushy sales person that you constantly worry about, if at all not pushy enough !! My Longi + Fronius system is working fine so far from mid-May, Unfortunately I cannot guarantee how it will be over the years, but I have faith that Solar Tactics will not let me down if I have a problem. I wish them well.
Hide Sarath's Comment

Happy customer

Excellent customer service. Sales process was straight forward. Installation was smooth. Dennison provided all the instructions of use very clearly. Supported the grid connection and followed up to make sure it was completed.
Hide Motti's Comment

4kW

Very Happy with this Installer

After a frustrating experience with a large Installer I had them come and pick up their equipment and I found Solar Tactics on line. I had them quote for exactly the same thing. Solar Tactics came in at a cheaper price, were much more professional in the way they went about the whole process and the installation is of extremely high quality which I cannot fault in any way. I was present the whole time and inspected all aspects of the installation and could not be happier. The Guys were all very polite, professional, neat and didn't take any shortcuts (which the previous Installer was insisting on like the routing of the cables around the front wall of the house). They didn't even suggest this and made the effort to crawl to the corners of the roof and run the cables down the inside of the walls. Customer Service is excellent, they organised everything for me and did not hold up the process in any way. 5 star recommendation from me.
Hide Tony's Comment

Cost

Friendly team, timely install, good value for money

The team were easy to deal with, from obtaining a quote, to sending through photos of the meter and letting them work out the design, to billing, to installation and after sales. Everyone was friendly and professional. The installation happened 1-2 weeks after agreeing on the systems and paying the deposit. The work was done in under a day, and they did a good job. After getting a safety inspector to test out the system, it was up and running! Very happy.
Hide Amy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Don't have enough word to praise Solar Tactics. No pushy sales gimmick, system installation was but perfect

I came across this company by chance after searching a number of solar companies and then I followed up their reviews. I was overwhelmed by their ratings and immediately contacted them for a quote.
They provided me with the quotation and having had two previous qotations from your suggested solar installers, I compared their pricing and found that their quote was cheaper for their system in comparison to the other two. I am comparing apples to apples here.
The company was not pushy and at no stage did I get these annoying emails saying are you ready to install the solar as I got from the previous two companies.
Post implemetation, the boys ensured that the place was absolutely left in a tidy manner, in fact they went one step forward and installed a cover over the inverter at their cost for which I was very greatful. The electrician took both my wife and I explaining the use of the various dials on the inverter and how they need to interpreted. The electrician promised to come back as a follow up in the next few weeks to check and answer any questions that we might have with the solar system. This hasn't happened yet.
The electrician installed the app and arranged all the paper work on our behalf. The installation inspection was done yesterday (Friday) and the inspector too was happy with the installation.
Highly highly recommend them. Please note that I am not paid to advertise this company.
Hide Aroon's Comment

3kW

Original Review on 01-10-2019:

Highly recommend

Solar Tactics showed a very solid work ethic on every level and were always friendly, patient and willing to go the extra yards to make sure we were happy with everything. They had good manners and never pressured us to make a decision. Their quotes were extremely well presented but more importantly offered great value for money and were consistent with what we asked for. Even another reputable company's sales rep was surprised at how cheap
they were going to do a 3.78kw system with Longi panels and a Fronius Primo inverter.

Solar Tactics assisted us passed all the bumps in the road including some hiccups applying for the Victorian government Solar Rebate and having the meter reconfigured by a rather inflexible and sometimes hopeless electrical retailer. (Will give them the boot soon) After the approval for the rebate, Solar Tactics were able to organise an installation time very quickly. They arrived right on the dot and Dennison and his helper built a flawless PV system (the inspector confirmed as much) with not even a damaged tile. Dennison also explained everything we needed to know about the system, the inverter and making warranty claims. I have encountered dirty tactics from some sales reps from other solar companies including excessive phone calls, overstating the credentials of average or below average products, putting on a "best buddies" act and other sneaky ploys or mispresentations to lead the customer away from quality so their company can maximise their profits. Thankfully I didn't fall prey to this. I did more research, had more than 10 quotes done and finally discovered Solar Tactics, a company with real integrity who would NEVER stoop to using the tactics described above.

Follow Up Review on 01-06-2020:

Still no problems with the system nearly 12 months after Solar Tactics installed it. Substantial savings achieved during the warmer months...more than expected!
Hide Michael 's Comment

Proficient and efficient

Knowing nothing about solar installations, I relied on the recommendations of my colleagues who had researched and understood the process. I was apprehensive at first but Alan put me at ease. The quote seemed reasonable and was provided efficiently based on satellite photos and their experience in maximising sun angles etc. The installation was all done in a day and without any hassles. Dennison and his team were super efficient and the connection to the grid was immediate with Dennison demonstrating it working before he left. All of the arrangements with the energy supplier, and the energy retailer were put in place for me. I just had to make a telephone call to ensure it was dealt with promptly, as advised by Alan. Dennison's team even came back to connect me to the internet as it wasn't enabled at the time of the installation. They were always punctual. It was a very satisfactory experience all round. My thanks to the whole team for a wonderful job.
Hide Marvena's Comment

10kW

$15,000 to $20,000

Inverter Brand

Great installer, no issues, great result

I read a lot reviews here before deciding on Solar Tactics. Ended up choosing them over other quotes due to their use of the highest quality equipment, competitive pricing and excellent quoting/roof layout design. I also liked the idea of a smaller company who values word of mouth and can't rely on marketing to gloss over bad customer experiences.

The installer, Dennison, did a great job, was very easy to deal with and really went out of his way to make sure we were up and running with getting paid for exported electricity as soon as possible.

We installed a 10.15 kW system of LG Neon 2 350w panels and Enphase IQ7+ micro inverters.

Hide Trent's Comment

Great experience

Solar tactics were excellent from initial contact, to planning our system, to arranging an installation and follow up post installation.
Hide Isaac's Comment

Fantastic installer

Communication and service is top grade. Install is too notch and nothing to fault them on.
Hide Huong's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very good customer service! Excellent workmanship!

Alan patiently answered all the questions I asked him about solar panels, inverters and installations. He helped me decide which system suits my house. Dennison explained everything I needed to know about the system after the installation. Dennison even came back to my house to install the surge protector on my meter box. This was not included in the quote but they still honoured our verbal conversation. They are good people providing excellent service.
Hide Christopher's Comment

Fantastic family service!

My experience with Solar Tactics from first contacts to installation has been first class. Alan has shown to be extremely patient answering all my queries and guiding to choosing the best system for my house! It is a potentially complex task but I feel that with such good communication Alan really made the process simple. I had a bout 6 quotes for my installation and Solar Tactics among the 2-3 cheapest but their professionalism, their10 year warranty on the installation and their feedback on this site made the decision a no brainer.
The installation went as scheduled very smoothly by Alan brother and I am very satisfied with the system. I would recommend Solar Tactics with no hesitation to family and friends.
Hide Laurent's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic Service, couldnt fault anything.

Sales process was prompt and direct, communication was high with the team.

After Sales and Install service is also prompt.
Hide Garry's Comment

Job well done!

I’m very happy and satisfied with my solar. From the start, the quoting and paper works to finish, testing and commissioning of solar inverter. They explained everything you need to know with regards to maintenances of solar panels and navigating the inverter menu. Installers are top notch with their work and cleaned everything up after the installation. Great service and will highly recommend them! Job well done and keep it up!
Hide August's Comment

Fantastic Installer and Customer Service

Solar Tactics are patient and will answer any questions you have given that solar is a complex system, and you are likely to install once in your life-time. There was a lot of email and verbal communications to help me make an inform decision; there were no hard sales tactics. They are a pleasure to deal with, punctual with a quality installation.

TL;DR - Highly recommended installer.
Hide Danny's Comment

Excellent service

Excellent service, very helpful advice and happy to be flexible with installation due to bad weather - overall very professional.
Hide Ian's Comment

Solar Tactics Is The Go-To Solar Company

The quoting was friendly, efficient and informative.
Installation occurred on time on the predetermined date. The installers were efficient, extremely polite and took time to fully explain the operational qualitiesof the system.
We took quotes from other companies but Solar Tactics were by far the most professional. We were able to leave grid connection entirely to them and we were on the grid with a couple of weeks.

Great Installer, and so far very good Solar System

All of my questions were answered during the quoting period, there was always someone available for discussion of the various options. The installation happened on time, and the installers were polite and friendly. The company also helped me through all of the paperwork and rebating system. Thumbs up to all of them
Hide Max's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent choice for solar system

I'm quite happy with the process to install the solar system by Solar Tactics. They are quite patient to discuss the quoting and specific questions and doing a good job for installation as well.
Hide Harry's Comment

4kW

Professionalism and ethical

A very smooth process all the way to installation and final feedback.
Hide Hean chun's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service and installation. Would highly recommend!

From the initial phone call through to after sales/ installation, Solar Tactics have been a pleasure to deal with. The team are extremely knowledgeable and willing to discuss each and every detail without hesitation.

They provided some handy hints which helped with the rebate process and grid connection.

I would highly recommend Solar Tactics to anyone seeking a competitive price for a quality system and service.
Hide Hai's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Original Review on 30-05-2019:

Very Good job very polite and professional Helpful with every assistance given, very good company.

Follow Up Review on 29-01-2020:

So far so Good

Go with Solar Tactics and you will not be disappointed

I decided to go with solar tactics based on the reviews here on Solarquotes and can honestly say that the other reviews for solar tactics accurately represented my experience today with them. They are a small family business and you can tell each team member takes their role in providing quality customer service seriously. The installers turned up on time, went about their work with minimal disruption to us and kept everything really clean. They worked for a full 5 hours without stopping and at no time did I hear any swearing. They were very professional and went through everything with me at the end. I would definitely use them again for my next solar install. I understand that it is wise to get your 3 quotes, but I am confident you will choose solar tactics out of the 3 quotes you receive. They will not disappoint you. And no, I didn't get paid to do this review. I actually believe that credit should be given where credit is due.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very happy with ever step of the proses.

Very happy with every step of the process. They did an excellent job. From listening to what we wanted, explaining why they sugested what they thought would be the best system for us. With prompt email. The instal appears to be brilliantly done and everyone at the company has been very pleasant to deal with. Couldn’t recommend them more highly.
Hide Jessica's Comment

1.5kW

Professional and reliable service

How was the sales/quoting process? - Process was transparent and clear.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? - Installation was professionally done and clear explanations were given for our queries.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? yes, grid connection was done in a timely fashion.

Hide Shameera's Comment

Amazing Installer.

Extremely happy with the professional level of service I received from Solar Tactics. From the quality of the installation. To the knowledge Solar Tactics demonstrated about the products they were installing and the process involved. Everything proceeded smoothly, answered and explained any questions I had, with great detail. They worked with me to get past any obstacles that popped up. In the end the whole journey from Start to finish was made very simple and stress free. I would recommend anyone getting a solar system installed to use Solar Tactics.
I would 100% use them again.
Hide Blair's Comment