Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Reviews

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
ABN: 40 619 325 530  ABN active since 25 May 2017 | Solar Tactics Pty Ltd
ACN: 619 325 530  ACN active since 25 May 2017 | Solar Tactics Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 18320 ELECTRICAL TACTICS PTY LTD Electrical Tactics Pty Ltd

VIC REC 18320 is registered to Electrical Tactics Pty Ltd - this Company is associated to Solar Tactics Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,677 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Tactics is your Family owned and operated  Solar PV System installer. Our commitment is to provide the best quality service across Melbourne metro.

Solar Tactics will specifically Plan, Design and Connect a system to your home or business, tailored to your requirements. We use state-of-the-art software to develop our proposal to benefit our customers in receiving a system that suits their particular needs and provides a positive payback period.

We are a solar retailer and use CEC accredited installers. Our CEC accredited installers are also Master Electricians and Clean Energy Council members and being part of these organisations keeps us up to date with industry standards & regulations.

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Top quality team and business

End to end, Solar Tactics were professional and provided fantastic customer service. I received about 10 quotes from suppliers on Solar Quotes and decided to go with Denny and the team because they weren't pushy, always helpful to answer questions and customised it to my requests and specifications.
On the day these guys were stellar, hard working to get everything done, took me through the important questions that affected my property and very professional especially around COVID.
They also had after sales service to see how I was going and kept me updated with the paperwork and pictures of the installation.
I will recommend Solar Tactics to anyone switching to solar

Customer Friendly Business

We became aware of Solar Tactics when they installed our daughter's solar system. She was happy with her installation and as we were considering our own installation we decided to contact them. They provided a very high level of customer service designing our system and guiding us through the process. They efficiently installed the system with a minimum of fuss and then provided our retailer with the necessary documentation to have us connected to the grid. They even provided us with aerial photos of the installation. We are very pleased with the way Solar Tactics handled our solar installation. Show additional information

A great supplier experience, zero glitches

A very satisfying experience in dealing with a supplier. I also went to Solar Tactics based on their reviews, and they did not disappoint. A very quick quote, a very reasonable one at that compared to the two I had, and from the moment I decided to go with them things moved very fast. They uploaded the quote to Victorian Solar; they were even faster with overnight approval. Dennison moved the installation date to suit me, and within two weeks all installed and ready,. and within another week I was exporting power !! The process did not have a hitch, and the installation appeared to be very professional, with Dennison ready to explain and accommodate any of my requests. Another plus was that Alan wasn't the quintessentially pushy sales person that you constantly worry about, if at all not pushy enough !! My Longi + Fronius system is working fine so far from mid-May, Unfortunately I cannot guarantee how it will be over the years, but I have faith that Solar Tactics will not let me down if I have a problem. I wish them well. Show additional information

Happy customer

Excellent customer service. Sales process was straight forward. Installation was smooth. Dennison provided all the instructions of use very clearly. Supported the grid connection and followed up to make sure it was completed. Show additional information

Very Happy with this Installer

After a frustrating experience with a large Installer I had them come and pick up their equipment and I found Solar Tactics on line. I had them quote for exactly the same thing. Solar Tactics came in at a cheaper price, were much more professional in the way they went about the whole process and the installation is of extremely high quality which I cannot fault in any way. I was present the whole time and inspected all aspects of the installation and could not be happier. The Guys were all very polite, professional, neat and didn't take any shortcuts (which the previous Installer was insisting on like the routing of the cables around the front wall of the house). They didn't even suggest this and made the effort to crawl to the corners of the roof and run the cables down the inside of the walls. Customer Service is excellent, they organised everything for me and did not hold up the process in any way. 5 star recommendation from me. Show additional information

Friendly team, timely install, good value for money

The team were easy to deal with, from obtaining a quote, to sending through photos of the meter and letting them work out the design, to billing, to installation and after sales. Everyone was friendly and professional. The installation happened 1-2 weeks after agreeing on the systems and paying the deposit. The work was done in under a day, and they did a good job. After getting a safety inspector to test out the system, it was up and running! Very happy. Show additional information

Don't have enough word to praise Solar Tactics. No pushy sales gimmick, system installation was but perfect

I came across this company by chance after searching a number of solar companies and then I followed up their reviews. I was overwhelmed by their ratings and immediately contacted them for a quote.
They provided me with the quotation and having had two previous qotations from your suggested solar installers, I compared their pricing and found that their quote was cheaper for their system in comparison to the other two. I am comparing apples to apples here.
The company was not pushy and at no stage did I get these annoying emails saying are you ready to install the solar as I got from the previous two companies.
Post implemetation, the boys ensured that the place was absolutely left in a tidy manner, in fact they went one step forward and installed a cover over the inverter at their cost for which I was very greatful. The electrician took both my wife and I explaining the use of the various dials on the inverter and how they need to interpreted. The electrician promised to come back as a follow up in the next few weeks to check and answer any questions that we might have with the solar system. This hasn't happened yet.
The electrician installed the app and arranged all the paper work on our behalf. The installation inspection was done yesterday (Friday) and the inspector too was happy with the installation.
Highly highly recommend them. Please note that I am not paid to advertise this company.

Highly recommend

Solar Tactics showed a very solid work ethic on every level and were always friendly, patient and willing to go the extra yards to make sure we were happy with everything. They had good manners and never pressured us to make a decision. Their quotes were extremely well presented but more importantly offered great value for money and were consistent with what we asked for. Even another reputable company's sales rep was surprised at how cheap
they were going to do a 3.78kw system with Longi panels and a Fronius Primo inverter.

Solar Tactics assisted us passed all the bumps in the road including some hiccups applying for the Victorian government Solar Rebate and having the meter reconfigured by a rather inflexible and sometimes hopeless electrical retailer. (Will give them the boot soon) After the approval for the rebate, Solar Tactics were able to organise an installation time very quickly. They arrived right on the dot and Dennison and his helper built a flawless PV system (the inspector confirmed as much) with not even a damaged tile. Dennison also explained everything we needed to know about the system, the inverter and making warranty claims. I have encountered dirty tactics from some sales reps from other solar companies including excessive phone calls, overstating the credentials of average or below average products, putting on a "best buddies" act and other sneaky ploys or mispresentations to lead the customer away from quality so their company can maximise their profits. Thankfully I didn't fall prey to this. I did more research, had more than 10 quotes done and finally discovered Solar Tactics, a company with real integrity who would NEVER stoop to using the tactics described above.

Proficient and efficient

Knowing nothing about solar installations, I relied on the recommendations of my colleagues who had researched and understood the process. I was apprehensive at first but Alan put me at ease. The quote seemed reasonable and was provided efficiently based on satellite photos and their experience in maximising sun angles etc. The installation was all done in a day and without any hassles. Dennison and his team were super efficient and the connection to the grid was immediate with Dennison demonstrating it working before he left. All of the arrangements with the energy supplier, and the energy retailer were put in place for me. I just had to make a telephone call to ensure it was dealt with promptly, as advised by Alan. Dennison's team even came back to connect me to the internet as it wasn't enabled at the time of the installation. They were always punctual. It was a very satisfactory experience all round. My thanks to the whole team for a wonderful job. Show additional information

Great installer, no issues, great result

I read a lot reviews here before deciding on Solar Tactics. Ended up choosing them over other quotes due to their use of the highest quality equipment, competitive pricing and excellent quoting/roof layout design. I also liked the idea of a smaller company who values word of mouth and can't rely on marketing to gloss over bad customer experiences.

The installer, Dennison, did a great job, was very easy to deal with and really went out of his way to make sure we were up and running with getting paid for exported electricity as soon as possible.

We installed a 10.15 kW system of LG Neon 2 350w panels and Enphase IQ7+ micro inverters.

Great experience

Solar tactics were excellent from initial contact, to planning our system, to arranging an installation and follow up post installation. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

Communication and service is top grade. Install is too notch and nothing to fault them on. Show additional information

Very good customer service! Excellent workmanship!

Alan patiently answered all the questions I asked him about solar panels, inverters and installations. He helped me decide which system suits my house. Dennison explained everything I needed to know about the system after the installation. Dennison even came back to my house to install the surge protector on my meter box. This was not included in the quote but they still honoured our verbal conversation. They are good people providing excellent service. Show additional information

Fantastic family service!

My experience with Solar Tactics from first contacts to installation has been first class. Alan has shown to be extremely patient answering all my queries and guiding to choosing the best system for my house! It is a potentially complex task but I feel that with such good communication Alan really made the process simple. I had a bout 6 quotes for my installation and Solar Tactics among the 2-3 cheapest but their professionalism, their10 year warranty on the installation and their feedback on this site made the decision a no brainer.
The installation went as scheduled very smoothly by Alan brother and I am very satisfied with the system. I would recommend Solar Tactics with no hesitation to family and friends.

Fantastic Service, couldnt fault anything.

Sales process was prompt and direct, communication was high with the team.

After Sales and Install service is also prompt.

Job well done!

I’m very happy and satisfied with my solar. From the start, the quoting and paper works to finish, testing and commissioning of solar inverter. They explained everything you need to know with regards to maintenances of solar panels and navigating the inverter menu. Installers are top notch with their work and cleaned everything up after the installation. Great service and will highly recommend them! Job well done and keep it up! Show additional information

Excellent service

Excellent service, very helpful advice and happy to be flexible with installation due to bad weather - overall very professional. Show additional information

Solar Tactics Is The Go-To Solar Company

The quoting was friendly, efficient and informative.
Installation occurred on time on the predetermined date. The installers were efficient, extremely polite and took time to fully explain the operational qualitiesof the system.
We took quotes from other companies but Solar Tactics were by far the most professional. We were able to leave grid connection entirely to them and we were on the grid with a couple of weeks.

Great Installer, and so far very good Solar System

All of my questions were answered during the quoting period, there was always someone available for discussion of the various options. The installation happened on time, and the installers were polite and friendly. The company also helped me through all of the paperwork and rebating system. Thumbs up to all of them Show additional information

Excellent choice for solar system

I'm quite happy with the process to install the solar system by Solar Tactics. They are quite patient to discuss the quoting and specific questions and doing a good job for installation as well. Show additional information

Professionalism and ethical

A very smooth process all the way to installation and final feedback. Show additional information

Great service and installation. Would highly recommend!

From the initial phone call through to after sales/ installation, Solar Tactics have been a pleasure to deal with. The team are extremely knowledgeable and willing to discuss each and every detail without hesitation.

They provided some handy hints which helped with the rebate process and grid connection.

I would highly recommend Solar Tactics to anyone seeking a competitive price for a quality system and service.
Very Good job very polite and professional Helpful with every assistance given, very good company. Show additional information

Go with Solar Tactics and you will not be disappointed

I decided to go with solar tactics based on the reviews here on Solarquotes and can honestly say that the other reviews for solar tactics accurately represented my experience today with them. They are a small family business and you can tell each team member takes their role in providing quality customer service seriously. The installers turned up on time, went about their work with minimal disruption to us and kept everything really clean. They worked for a full 5 hours without stopping and at no time did I hear any swearing. They were very professional and went through everything with me at the end. I would definitely use them again for my next solar install. I understand that it is wise to get your 3 quotes, but I am confident you will choose solar tactics out of the 3 quotes you receive. They will not disappoint you. And no, I didn't get paid to do this review. I actually believe that credit should be given where credit is due. Show additional information

Very happy with ever step of the proses.

Very happy with every step of the process. They did an excellent job. From listening to what we wanted, explaining why they sugested what they thought would be the best system for us. With prompt email. The instal appears to be brilliantly done and everyone at the company has been very pleasant to deal with. Couldn’t recommend them more highly. Show additional information

Professional and reliable service

How was the sales/quoting process? - Process was transparent and clear.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? - Installation was professionally done and clear explanations were given for our queries.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? yes, grid connection was done in a timely fashion.

Amazing Installer.

Extremely happy with the professional level of service I received from Solar Tactics. From the quality of the installation. To the knowledge Solar Tactics demonstrated about the products they were installing and the process involved. Everything proceeded smoothly, answered and explained any questions I had, with great detail. They worked with me to get past any obstacles that popped up. In the end the whole journey from Start to finish was made very simple and stress free. I would recommend anyone getting a solar system installed to use Solar Tactics.
I would 100% use them again.

The best there is!

I only wish all companies were as good as this, I cannot speak highly enough of the whole team at Solar Tactics.

From the initial phone calls they were very informative and never pushy, providing the right advice. The quote was the best from several installers, and using quality equipment.

They helped me with any questions I had regarding the rebate process, and made sure that I was able to get the rebate done quickly - avoiding any delays.

The installers were the best tradies I've had on site (and being a new house I've had quite a few) - they were prompt, friendly, very knowledgeable and clean. The work has been carried out to an outstanding standard.

After installation they've also helped out by organising the grid connection with my electricity retailer and sending them the required documentation so I can start feeding into the grid quicker.

If you don't go with Solar Tactics you've only got yourself to blame!
Went out of their way to fulfill everything that was discussed during the quoting process Show additional information

Could not be happier

Had a great experience with Solar Tactics. Went with them because they had more 5 star reviews then 4 so that was telling. I specifically asked for QCELLS to be installed as the price point to performance is none better in my opinion. Alan who guided the process up to installation was a pleasure to deal with and was happy to answer any questions and guide me through the Vic rebate. As for the installation the guys who came out were 10/10 for professionalism from installation to going through the system with me and helping me use the fronious app and web site.

Specs, 6.3k system to be precise with fronious inverter and smart meter.

As for system performance. I am peaking at 40KWH / day during December in Melbourne. Very happy so far.

Fantastic Price, Fantastic Customer service & Top Grade installers

Solar Tactics has to be one of the best companies I have ever dealt with starting with Alan in the office he could not have been more helpful when it came to guiding us on our solar system. No issue or question was ever to hard to answer or help with including the solar rebate. Top Marks in my book Alan.

On day of installation you will meet Dennison again you are met with great customer service, workmanship which is at a very high standard both from himself and his worker. He spends time with you to gain an understanding of the entire process and spends time with you at the end of installation so you understand how to use the app for your system again Top Marks in my book Dennison.

If these two guys are anything to go on our remaining dealings with solar tactics is going to be flawless. Great job team well done.

Call Solar Tactics for all your solar needs

Regards
Nick & Josie

Solar installers best around

The quote was the best around, the installation of the equipment was totally professional and as a Engineering tradesmen of 40 plus years I know when is quality workmanship, this was above and beyond.
The team of two tradesman were polite, tidy, punctual, they drove 2 hrs from Melbourne and wer 1/2 early???????????????

Customer service from all the team was 150% consistently in contact to ensure customer was satisfied and comfortable with the progress.
The team assisted with the grid connection, inspection and Tarif monitoring.

Thanks to Solar Tactics our home has now had a $30k equity boost and our electricity bill is so stupidly low?

Great job well done with the team on the install working solidly for 8 hrs with no fuss and I didn’t see them have a break for lunch
Again Highly recommendation that anyone considering solar, I’ll save you the time.

Call Allan and Dennison ASAP
Regards Gleno

Fantastic installer

I am very happy with the whole process from Solartactics. Right from quoting, guiding me through applying for the solar rebate, installation and grid connection.

The installation works perfect. Could not be happier and would strongly recommend Solartactics to anyone.

Fantastic Installation

Easy to deal with. Give great advice and when it came to the installation date the guys did a neat job. Show additional information

Great price, great service, quality installer

Solar Tactics are the model of a friendly, professional, polite, tidy, and punctual installer. They give tradies a real good name.
They gave their best price straight up. There was no huge sales push, just a friendly conversation around my needs and how they could be met. They gave me several options to choose from.

I chose Solar Tactics based on quality of components (Fronius, Longi, Solar Analytics), price, their professional yet very personal approach, their responsiveness, and the super high review score on Solarquotes.
I was not disappointed.
They were very easy to deal with. Installation was no fuss, they left no mess at all and completed the 6.6kW system install in a day from start to finish.
After install they patiently showed me everything there was to know about the system.

They even helped me get the Solar Vic rebate just after 9am on 1 Aug, no mean feat.

When the installer is the owner of the company, you know the quality is going to be perfect.

Highly recommended.

Excellent work!

Solar Tactics did a great job with my solar install. Very straight forward and smooth process. They offered great advice and I couldn't be happier with the system. A very professional approach! Show additional information

Awesome solar company. Great System

Though the price, for the 8.2kW FRONIUS SYSTEM plus 28 LONGHI SOLAR PANELS I ordered, was a great reason to go with SOLAR TACTICS, my main reason to choose them was a lot more than that.
I found SOLAR TACTICS not only LISTENED TO but GAVE ME exactly what I was looking for. Not only was Brian, their salesman, GREAT in all he did in explaining what they had to offer to suit my needs, my options & why, but also Denni, the owner & Installer of the company IS EXCELLENT. He came & looked at my roof space to ensure that his suggested system would work & fit in where it was needed. He took the time it needed to ensure I was happy with it all & when fitted, calls to him re any concerns (mostly in me getting to know the running of the system), was NEVER a problem. They were punctual, even on the first day when they were hampered by rain, they did all they could to ensure the day was not wasted. I found them to be extremely careful in all they did, leaving everything WELL SECURED, NO breakages & NOTHING left to clean up after them. His lovely wife, Pere, was so good in not only ensuring all the paper work was in order, but also that I was completely happy with everything as well.
BUT that was NOT ALL.
In a world that seems to think that they can win people over with HUGE DISCOUNTS OFF the quoted price (IF one THOUGHT to quibble with the price in the first place!!!) SOLAR TACTICS were straight down the line with a fair price, right from the beginning!!
They gave me ALL the support I needed to ensure I was WELL PREPARED to CONQUER the BEAST (SOLAR VIC) & win the PRIZE - the much coveted SOLAR VIC REBATE!!!
What's more... with all the concerns as to whether a SOLAR COMPANY is legit, can stand the tough market at the moment - especially with the concerns the SOLAR VIC REBATE SYSTEM is causing in many companies going under (mind you, it has rid us of a lot of shonky dealers!!!), I have every confidence in SOLAR TACTICS fulfilling their guarantees with my system. Denni has not 1 but 2 companies. First & foremost, his Electrician company - complete with ALL the necessary certificates etc required by SOLAR VIC, as well as his SOLAR TACTICS company.
It is, compared with many others, a young company, but one I feel is well worth giving a go. They place a lot of value on HONESTY & FAIRNESS in their pricing & have the INTEGRITY to back it all up with their service & ongoing support.
SOLAR TACTICS thank you so much for ALL you have done.
From a VERY GRATEFUL CLIENT,
Mary

Highly professional and meticulous installer!

I was impressed with this company right from the very first contact, and even more so after the installation was completed. The installation was done with great attention to detail and Dennison explained how the system works in a very user-friendly manner. I would highly recommend SolarTactics. Show additional information

Experienced Solar Installers. Small company. Right size system.Quality Product. Excellent Customer Rapport

Solar Tactics pride themselves on their customer service and providing the best solar system for a customers requirements. The sales quoting process was quick and covered my questions. They take a photo of your meter box, so there are no surprises on install day. The installation was totally organised and streamlined, they all knew exactly what to do, and cleaned up. Dennison, then gave a tutorial, complete with warranty applications, app reading and paperwork. Followup emails and phone calls answered any questions. The install was done as soon as the Vic Solar rebate and loans process was completed. Solar Tactics organised all the necessary notifications to VicSolar, Ausnet and my power company to change my plan. My system has already saved a number of trees! Solar Tactics make installing a solar system problem free and I have recommended them to family who also installed solar panels. Show additional information

Absolutely the best guys to deal with

Very happy with everything Alan, Dennison and the guys did for us.

We got three quotes and Solar Tactics's was by far the most professional, most comprehensive and best value for money. They even found a way to install four more cells than the other two companies thought possible, giving us another 1.5kw.

Installation was a breeze too. Despite having to battle terrible weather and a tricky household electrical cabling setup, the guys were just amazing. So friendly and capable and once they were done we were away.

The system they installed works great. It's the perfect balance of quality where it's needed and value for the rest. We couldn't be happier.

Fantastic !

Super helpful throughout the whole process, great customer service and installation! Show additional information

Outstanding service

Dennison was clear and informative in explaining the complexities of roof to solar. He was particularly helpful throughout the Government grant application process. I would and have recommended Solar Tactics to anyone interested in roof to solar. Show additional information
Solar Tactics provide excellent services to us. This family business really really really cares about their customers. The salesman really hears to us and provides good advise to us. He is prompt, friendly and helpful. He cleared our concerns and provided flexible installation day to us. Their technicians are hard working, have strong technical knowledge and did an excellent job in the installation. They provided different options for the installation and given us really good advise. The installation is really clean. They also patiently explain us on the software.

I am 100% satisfied with Solar Tactics and highly recommend them to anyone in Melbourne.
Good company. Show additional information
The gentleman I dealt with at Solar Tactics was patient, well mannered and thorough when providing answers to questions, queries and concerns.

The after-install support has been amazing and Solar Tactics have been amazing at keeping contact after the install, to ensure customer satisfaction and eager to assist in any way shape or form.
Flawless installation. Solar Tactics are courteous, obliging, efficient, and very professional Show additional information
My brother arranged the installation for me. Dennison and his team did a great job and I am very happy. Show additional information
Solar Tactics listened to my concerns about solar panel and inverters issues that arose from months of researching the systems on offer. Alan and Denis were able to deliver a system which met what I was after. Specifically, they were able to include Tigo with the panels to reduce loses due to shading. They provided a excellent service with punctuality and care. I also was impressed by their standard use of drone to capture a set of excellent photos of the completed installation.
I was very impressed with Solar Tactics and recommend them to anyone looking for solar panel installation
Outstanding, personalised service from a family business. High quality installation and workmanship. Show additional information