SOLARLAB Pty Ltd

SOLARLAB Pty Ltd Reviews

SolarLab was established to deliver innovative retail energy services for Commercial, Industrial and Residential customers across Australia.

We are a values based company with a focus of delivering projects that wow our customers. We always strive to execute work safely, on time and by happy staff.

We have worked hard to build a team of experienced engineers and field services personnel to deliver small, medium and large scale renewable energy projects.

We pride ourselves on being an open, innovative and agile company who consistently desmonstrates the ability to deliver best valye work in the safest possible way.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,200 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SOLARLAB Pty Ltd Reviews (19)

Original Review on 04-01-2021:

Stephens install

Solarlab are a great company to deal with they are on time they keep the job clean they are polite and they kept to the quote that was given Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has our bills have reduced buy heaps especially when we have two boy that don't think about the price of electricity and leave things on and play computer games all the time so when your bill drops to $200 for 3 months you can't complain about that

Professional installer experience

Overall very happy with whole process.
Sales/quoting process was prompt, professional & informative.
Installation in one day was smooth despite slow start due to condensation on roof. Outstanding technical issue resulting from complications of existing system was explained & resolved promptly in days following. Install waa neat & tidy with all rubbish removed from site.
Installers were all very polite, suitably dressed and identifying Solarlab.
Customer service was outstanding with constant & clear communications through each step of process.

Solar panel purchase

Salesman covered everything and answered all of my millions of questions.
Installation was quick and efficient with polite, respectful workers.
Had a few issues getting the Enphase system to report properly with our two phase meter system, but the electricians came back promptly and sorted the problem.

Good company

The sales team had a good understanding of my solar requirements and went the extra mile to offer solutions to my problems. The team is honest and checks with the client after installation to ensure that everything went okay. Questions and issues were resolved ASAP where possible.

A complex job done well

The initial customer service from the salesperson was outstanding. The shading from trees, the age of my house and the old switchboard made this a more complex and expensive job, but the SolarLab team were persistent about solving the issues that arose, particularly with the energy retailer. The installation was very neatly and impressively done. The communication with SolarLab, throughout the 4 week timeline from day of panels going on to finalisation of the switchboard and meter upgrade, was good. To have partnered with such a friendly and high quality team made it an overall positive experience. Of course, now I have the system running as it should, I am very happy. Thanks SolarLab!

Whole eperience was excellent

We recently engaged SOLARLAB in Adelaide to install our new solar system. The final system design ended up with 22 Hyundai 390W shingled panels and Enphase IQ7+ microinverters, the Envoy-S along with a Telsa PowerWall.

We don't have a north facing roof, and some of our panels had to face east (approx azimuth 131 degrees), bulk of them to the west (approx azimuth 312 degrees), and a little bit of shading in the late afternoon on some of the west facing panels. We all agreed that the micro inverter option would most likely provide us with the best result, along with our desire to avoid the high voltage DC in the roof from a string setup. To support the bulk of the electrical loads in the house from a blackout and provide possible future support for an electric vehicle, we also went ahead with a Tesla PowerWall battery unit.

The whole engagement, from the first sales visit, right through to the installation and commissioning of the system was great. All of the SOLARLAB staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There were no pushy sales tactics, and they were willing to discuss different designs and what the benefits of each were. Most other companies just seemed to install a simple string setup to keep the price down, maybe thinking the lowest price wins.

Once the install was finished, a small issue with the Envoy-S incorrectly limiting the exported power was resolved quickly without any fuss or drama. At one time or another we spoke with everyone from the CEO through to the guys fixing the racking and panels to the roof, everyone was great to work with.

One of the things that we really liked about SOLARLAB is that they have their own people to do all of the work, they don't contract the work out to other companies. We think this gives a more consistent result on the installations and the care that goes into the job certainly shows.

We are really happy with the finished system, and considering the alignment of the panels because of our roof layout, the system still generates an impressive amount of power. On most days so far, we have not had to draw any power from the grid (other than the few really hot days in Feb when we had to run our A/C, which is a big unit) and have exported anything up to 42kWh of power to the grid, after charging the PowerWall up and satisfying the needs of the house during the day. The PowerWall typically discharges down to around 83% capacity overnight after running a TV, the fridge, some inside lighting (now all LED) and a porch light at the front of the house. It is normally fully charged by 10:30am and ready to go for the next night's requirements.

SOLARLAB organised all of the approvals, assisted with a "green" finance package with one of their partners, guided us through the Home Battery scheme sign up that we have here in SA which provides a State Government backed subsidy for home battery storage and even booked the smart meter replacement with our electricity retailer.

As with any solar system, to get the best of it you need to adjust when you use most of your electricity. The SolarQuotes team has provided advice on this on the website, and it is amazing what a few small changes to your consumption habits can make. After only a few weeks from the installation and by using the stats from the Tesla and Enphase apps it has been really easy to make these small changes.

If you are located in South Australia, we would highly recommend including SOLARLAB on your list of companies to talk to about a solar system.

Solarlab 10.4kW PV System

Once deciding to go ahead with solar (and very thankful we did!) we obtained three quotes through solar quotes, but I also used the solar quotes website to select three other installers in the Adelaide area. Over two weeks, six companies came to my home to quote and recommend systems. I have a curved roof and I insisted to each company that they should view my site prior to quoting. I received multiple quotes from each installer, which allowed me to select the system best suited to my current (DC in this case!) and future energy needs. We plan to purchase an electric vehicle in the next 1-2 years, so we picked the biggest recommended single phase system we could afford. We chose Solarlab because they were really good at customer service and Justin was always quick to respond to my many emails, texts and phone calls. On the day of the installation, the crew commenced before at 8am and had completely finished by 5pm that day and the site was left clean and tidy. I was able to see the benefits of my system through live monitoring the next day and have become an information geek when it comes to PV systems. Using my solar power daily is the way to go!

Original Review on 15-06-2020:

Good work from a small local company

Initial contact was pleasant, with the quotes being detailed enough yet not overwhelming, which made the comparison with other quotes easy. There was a small miscommunication over the first on-site inspection by the installer, but that was quickly cleared up, and the installer (Max) and his team subsequently did a fantastic job. Quick and efficient installation under changing weather conditions, well done. The panels and inverter are good quality so far, so we're happy. Our only small criticism would be the Fronius app to allow us to view continuous performance of the system, which took some time, effort and a small amount of frustration to set up, but that's not entirely the fault of the installation company. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed admirably so far! It would be nice to have more performance data from Fronius without having to take out an exclusive membership but the available data is sufficient to maintain a good overview of system performance.

Great sales and installation experience, tarnished by average administration

Our experience with SOLARLAB was exceptional from the on-site meeting with Steve Byerlee, through his configuration option presentation and selection, and to the installation itself. This was tarnished by administration issues: (1) an unexplained rejection of financing from their preferred financing partner; (2) not receiving an adjusted invoice to reflect financing was no longer being used; and (3) challenges with splitting payment between bank transfer and credit card. Those issues aside, I would be seeking SOLARLAB again if needed.

SolarLab excellent package

Excellent follow-up with the sales person. Installation team very well organised and tidy. Customer service very good right up to final connection.

Awesome company!

I was very happy with the whole experience. The sales manager was very helpful - he made suggestions and then followed through with answers/info.
The installers were punctual and completed the installation in a timely and professional manner. They were friendly and helpful - Max even came back on Christmas Eve to set up the monitoring system!
I would thoroughly recommend SolarLab. Thanks guys!

Solar edge

Sales and quoting was really good and prompt.
Installing was really good neat and tidy and sent me photos of progress as I was away working.
Customer service after install has been poor I’ve had to follow up how to use and monitor the system and still doesn’t to be showing any production on our app.
No they haven’t helped with the connection.

Professional sales person and installers, quick to respond to questions.

Professional sales person and installers, quick to respond to questions.

Very professional

Could not be happier. Both companies were excellent. Very hard to make a decision. Felt that Solar Lab recommended a slightly better system.
Spoke to TCB and gave them feedback as to why we went with Solar Lab.

Follow up with Solar Lab has been excellent keeping me up to date on all aspects of install and connecting to the grid.

A fantastic customer experience

My wife, newborn and I have had a fantastic experience transitioning to >95% self-sufficiency with the help of Lucas and the team at SOLARLAB.

We had a particular requirement for a system optimised for transient shade and a small roof surface area and are amazed by the performance of the system.

We opted for Enphase IQ7+ microinverters paired with a Tesla Powerwall 2 which ~60% of our energy is now sourced from and ~40% from solar. Having access to both the Telsa app and Enphase app has been fantastic to be able to see both a system summary and panel-by-panel performance insight.

Lucas was really helpful during the whole process and the installation team where kind and considerate. The electricians were a stand-out, doing a clean, neat and tidy install of all the components and answering my curiosity questions as they were finishing up.

I have started to recommend the team to family, friends and work colleagues - really impressed.

Thanks guys.

Reliable fast and friendly service

Sales explained everything well. Booked within 2 weeks. 4 Installers had it all done in a day and were very polite and answered all my questions. Very courteous and helpful.

Great customer service great product

We had a problem with our original solar system and SolarLab came out promptly to find the fault and then fixed it. This lead to getting a quote for a solar storage battery , which we were thinking of getting anyway, so proceeded with getting a quote from them. Justin came out and went thru our options. Their quote was very competitive compared to our other quotes. We proceeded with them because of their great customer service and price, and within no time at all they were installing our new Tesla battery, (best decision ever). I can not recommend them highly enough. Any questions I had they answered, they sent out txt messages as to when they were on their way, and how far away they were. Their workmanship neat and they cleaned up after all the work was finished. Definitely recommend SolarLab. A very happy customer. Thank you.

Fantastic installer, great customer service.

Great sales process
Great installation
Great customer service, Solarlab also organise the connection

Good to deal with

Their quote was comprehensive and they were quick to instal. Their trades were all very considerate