Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solenergy Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd
Gold Partner
Solenergy Group Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 72 615 447 884  ABN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solenergy Group Pty. Ltd.
ACN: 615 447 884  ACN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solenergy Group Pty. Ltd.

Reviewers report paying: $4,250 - $7,087 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Redland Bay and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Solenergy - Solar System Installation

. Sales/Quoting: Solenergy (Adam Christie) was the only supplier that visited our site to measure & quote. This process was quite seamless, they provided detailed information in there quotation.
. Installation: Solenergy's install team (Peter & Craig and team) were excellent to deal with, very courteous, prompt, tidy and extremely professional.
. Customer Service: Solenergy's overall performance throughout the quote/ install process was very good. If I had to draw on a negative, the only thing I could say is that not all my written questions were not clearly answered.

Good job, good service

All good from the start very smooth and easy in all areas would get them again no stress Show additional information

More than pleased!

Great install, they modified the layout of the longi panels for a tidier and more beneficial use of the available light. Top quality service.. extremely happy with this system and install. Great mob to deal with A1 Show additional information

Very happy with my solar and the service

Quote process was very informative but not the hard sell and there was no pressure. The installation was done a few days after signing contract. Installer were right on time and were very efficient and helpful. I did have a small issue with my hot water the day after install. I made one phone call to Patrick who arranged for the electrician to attend my property to sort it out. Excellent customer service from start to finish.

I had previously had a bad experience with another company, so I was a little worried, but I was very happy with the price and the service.

Great experience from quoting to final installation.

Sales process was factual and provided good options. Any concerns/questions I had were explained and was provided a good deal. I purchased a 5kw SolaX inverter with 6.5kw worth of seraphim srp-6pb black panels. The system was installed in late 2018 and has been working well with minimal issues. I also have the solax app which shows my energy consumption and the system has so far delivered above calculated expectations. I went into this with a calculated ROI of 2 years but managed it in 1 year 9 months. This was also due to getting a 20c feed in Tariff from AGL. I dealt with Adam who continues to keep in touch and ask me how I’m going with my system which goes to show customer service doesn’t stop when the installation is complete. Would recommend to anyone who is new to installing solar. Show additional information

Exceptional Customer Service

Mark & the team at Solenergy were responsive and professional in their service to us, and in a competitive industry this was the key to them being awarded the job. From the start communication was clear, concise, and all aspects of the quoting process through to installation seemed to be easier than what we have become accustomed to when compared with other service industries. The system has only just been grid connected a month after the solar system was installed, however that was due to the wait for the Retailer and Energex to change over the meter. Now the system is working as expected and we are very happy with it, and with the service received from Solenergy. Show additional information

Goods Company, some hiccups.

The sales/quoting process was fine. The installation took a week. The first delay was weather related, the second was because they delivered the wrong panels. Another weather delay and then the installation. They forgot to bring the Tigo optimisers that I had ordered but at least the system was connected to the grid. The optimisers were installed later. Overall, thew installers were punctual and tidy and I was kept informed of what was happening at all times. The grid connection was no problem as I previously had a small system which I had to uninstall to fit the system on the roof where the sun and my wife were happy. Show additional information

Terrific Job

The whole process was very professional and pretty much hassle free from our perspective. They answered all our questions and were prompt and efficient and organised everything. About a week after the install our meter was changed and the system was up and running. I had some queries about the app that monitors the system and they answered those questions promptly as well. Show additional information

6.6 kW system by Solenergy.

Hi Finn, all good, we had the installation done early July, up to now l can't think of a reason why we wouldn't give a 10/10. l went to work , came home... all done, l went through your check list, ie.. cover over isolater on roof etc... Adam was the sales guy and a very pleasant experience it was too. Our's was not an easy roof to deal with either, multiple sections, a few trees, however here we are in the middle of winter and we are pushing 5kW. So we're holding off with the pruning.... (we're from Yorkshire..). Solenergy organised grid connection and dust-box upgrade, Anyhow Finn, thanks again to you and the gang at Solar Quotes and Solenergy. Our best regards Paul and Jenny. Show additional information

Great company to deal with

Salesman was very knowledgeable, not pushy, guys who came to instal very friendly and cleaned up after themselves Show additional information

Quality System from Solenergy

Peter Crothers from Solenergy was the only sales person who came out to view the property before quoting. We were able to discuss options for placement of the panels with him, rather than someone relying on a Google map view of the roof. We therefore knew the quote would be accurate with no hidden costs.We were also able to ask questions and be provided with information about the different types of panels and inverters. This helped in making the right choice.

By meeting Peter in person we could see that he is very honest and that made us certain that we were making the right choice by choosing the Solenergy quote. It was not the cheapest of the three quotes, but it was the best.

The owner of the townhouse next door also went with Solenergy and did not get any further quotes, so by Peter taking the time to come out to the property, he secured two installations. We were also given a discount which was appreciated, as the two installations were able to be completed on the same day.

The installation went well and the installers were punctual, and very efficient . We were very satisfied with their work.

The customer service provided was excellent and the grid connection was organised. Thank you Solenergy for a quality system and great service.

Happy so far. Only time will tell.

The quoting system was ok.

The crew that installed the unit were very good. Worked steadily and seemed to take all care. Couldn't ask for more. Now I hope the system is as good as I expect it to be. I would recommend them.

They replaced and upgraded an old system. Everything is working. I have an app and keeping track of the systems output. All looks good so far. The proof will be come the next couple of power bills.

If the rates keep changing I will be investigating the use of a battery.

Great experience from Solenergy installation

Great communication and support before the purchase. The sales consultant was very knowledgeable and punctual, always a phone call away, even after the installation

The support team also assisted me with energex and my electricity distributor.

The installation team was very professional, kept everything clean and tidy. They also showed me how everything works. They started around 7am and finished around 4pm.

Great company to deal with and competitive pricing

Adam was fantastic to deal with. He was very thorough and professional. Communication was mostly electronic and Adam was punctual and polite. The installers were kind and answered any questions I had without hesitation. I have recommended them to many of my friends! Show additional information

Risen / Sungrow Solar Installation

Impressed with the technical expertise and thoroughness of the staff. Not the cheapest quote but a reasonable price for a quality system. Installation was on time, very professional, looks great and now working exactly as expected. Solenergy group organised everything including grid connection with minimal effort from me. Show additional information

Great company to deal with. Faultless install.

All the steps in the process of acquiring our new solar system where smooth and well co-ordinated.
The installer team are professional and did a tidy job
The follow up and commissioning process confirmed the credentials of the well oiled machine that is Solenergy.

Friendly installers and great sales team

The installers were friendly and the sales team very helpful. I could not give 5 stars for the installation due to the fact that I was told they would be out in one day, actually by lunch time but was told they needed to go and complete another job. They came back the next day but forgot to bring some parts needed to secure some of the panels. Show additional information

Friendly Service and Trades Arrived on Time

The sales/quoting process was geniue with out any pushy service. There was a need to install an inverter inside my garage, however the price to run the conduits and electical wiring (to go up, over, across and back down) was unknown and was going to be an additional cost at the time of the install. I mentioned I wasn't comoftable with out getting a full fixed priced quote so they organised a site inspection and a few other thigns to finalise the quote.

Installation occured on the designated day and fully completed by the next morning (Panel/conduits and wiring on day 1, inverter & meter works on day 2).

Unfortunately there has been a hold up with my energy retailer to install a smart meter which is still on going (~4 weeks after install has been completed) before the whole system is finished.

Very disappointing

While Solenergy were middle of the road in terms of pricing, I am genuinely so disappointed with the experience I’ve had, I wish I’d gone with someone else, even if they were more expensive. While the sales / quoting process was good (the best and most genuine of the six companies I spoke with), everything from there was a disappointment. I asked a number of times for advance warning regarding installation time, in the end I had to follow up twice the day before myself, then received a call back in the evening. I wasn’t given any formal info prior to installation about the process (eg connection to grid). After installation I rang the office to ask about next steps, and it was all so vague. In the end I had to google it. I also had to follow up the warranty documents myself. The installers left a huge mess, all through my garage and garden beds near the meter box. They said they would discuss the app monitoring with me but didn’t. I asked them for the inverter manual but it had been taken off with the rubbish. The Fronius smart meter I was getting installed didn’t work so they had to come back - they said they would contact me about when they would return but I had to follow up myself, then came 4 hours earlier than I had arranged. I had to follow up getting the app/monitoring up and running a number of times. I sent all my feedback via email and asked for it to be forwarded to the boss and never heard anything back.

Hi Sally thank you for providing Solenergy Group with this feedback. To hear that you’ve had such a poor experience is extremely disappointing for our team. As a family owned and operated business we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, quality brands and installations. With more than 70 reviews on this site – this is the first time we’ve received such negative feedback. This is a serious matter and one that has been investigated at every level.
As the Director of Solenergy Group, I’ve tried reaching out to you on your mobile, leaving messages each time - once on the evening of the day you sent the email to our Operations Manager and twice thereafter.
I appreciate that your time is valuable and that it is challenging with school pick up and drop off. Our entire team has children and we understand that this can present problems on installation day.
It is extremely rare for any Fronius product to be DOA. Standard Return to Manufacturer Authorisation procedures can take up to two weeks. Rather than wait on this, we replaced the smart meter within two business days so as not to delay you any further. The team did arrive earlier at your home than expected and for this we apologise.
The connection to the app was completed by our Operations Manager the day after the new smart meter was installed – delayed only due to the replacement of the meter that wasn’t functioning.
As for the rubbish, albeit a handful – this is not acceptable. And while not excusable, I’ve spoken to our team who got caught up with trying to connect the smart meter. We are all extremely disappointed that this was missed – especially the installation team.
Apologies for the lack of information regarding your connection to the grid. This is not standard practice.
On a positive note, ahead of installation we upgraded your system from 325W panels to 330W panels at no charge.

smooth instalation, good customer care,

Installation for me was Easy and Convenient, I like the system I selected.
Solenergy priced an SMA inverter which at the time I didn't know was not what they usually installed, there was a bit of a delay in getting it configured.
Solenergy customer service person was quite good and friendly to deal with, what was to them an unusual system was researched and the connection problem fixed.
With our seriously tight budget, we only had one shot at a solar installation and we couldn’t afford to get it wrong. Having heard of, read about, and even encountered cowboys in the industry, we ignored the ‘too-good-to-be-true’ ultra-cheap advertisers on TV and overpriced swindlers door-knocking at our place, and went the SolarQuotes route in order to have the confidence of dealing with a vetted installer. Though Solenergy certainly had all the compliance certifications and came Finn Peacock-approved, we also found the people at Solenergy were just lovely, sincere folks to deal with. They were enthusiastic, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. Efficient and diligent in their work, they happily proved to be forthright and honest too.

Lisa at Solenergy responded the same day to our request for three quotes from Finn Peacock’s SolarQuotes service, and immediately understood and met our brief for a good, reliable system on a tight budget – recommending a Tier 1 Chinese 6.6 kW system featuring Risen panels and a Sungrow inverter – quoted at almost HALF the total price those door-knocking scheisters were asking for the same system! Let that be a warning to unwitting home-owners when installers come a-knockin'. Solenergy’s quote was also beautifully formatted, making it easy to read and understand.

Mark and Pat at Solenergy cleared up the technicalities of the planned solar system for me over the phone. With the contract signed and an installation date set, Steve and his installation team arrived on the stated day and they did an excellent job with the roof panel and inverter fitment, resulting in a neat panel array and a beautiful inverter mounting that looks the goods. The entire installation was easily done on the day and the boys even went home early. Good on ‘em! We only had a few minutes without power while the system was hooked up to the grid via the meter, and Steve showed us the system running on the Inverter’s LED display.

Solenergy cater for all market segments, depending on customers’ individual needs and budget. They can certainly supply upmarket systems using European components ... but our brief was for a ‘cheap and cheerful’ system – quality on a budget! – and Solenergy certainly delivered on that score. We’re very thankful to them for their understanding in meeting our brief, providing excellent service and for their installation of our beautiful PV solar system. We thoroughly recommend Solenergy to anyone wanting a solar installation.

Great experience from sales to installation, thank you

Really good experience from sales to,installation. Informative, turned up when they said they would, did what they said and were very pleasant to deal with throughout. Thank you Show additional information

Great installation!!

Salesperson was great.
Excellent installation team. Every person knew what to do when. Great team spirit, friendly and helpful personnel. Completed within estimated time frame.
Post installation support was great to help download and setup software - even after official working hours.

Great price quality and service

Adam Christie was great through the sales process and post install follow up. Installers were great. Show additional information

Friendly and courteous

The quoting process was very thorough. Adam came back more than once to clarify things for us and we never felt he was pushing us into anything.
Despite inconvenient rain, the installation process by Cornelius and his crew was excellent. They were punctual, courteous and efficient.
The electrician on the crew talked me through all that I needed to know.

Solenergy no complaints easy to deal with

Good salesman answerd all my questions didnt get to over with how it all works. Job well done. Just waiting for it to be swiched on Show additional information

Great service.

Sales turned up when stated, explained well and answered all questions. Installation on time, kept us informed when needed to return next morning. Still coming to grips with the phone app for monitoring. Show additional information

Excellent installation

I had specific requirements regarding installation of the panels and inverter, which were met if not exceeded by Solenergy. They were also able to answer questions I had after installation and reassured me that matching a 5KW inverter with 6.6KW of panels was a good strategy for energy harvesting.

I'm still struggling with the vendor's monitoring application (concerned about its real time accuracy), but have already identified the hot water system as a primary cause of our grid power usage. Something to work on, maybe a timer or even a lower KW heating element in the future.
Solenergy did not advise getting battery storage at this point in time (due to cost), but have indicated a way to add storage at a later date. I trust their advice.

Great communication and quality product at a great price

Quote process was excellent- well structured quote with all the information including some preliminary analysis of potential savings. Salesperson (Lisa) was great to deal with; answered all my questions and provided regular updates. Installation crew very professional. Great experience, quality product, professional company. Recommended. Show additional information

Exceptional service and installation.

Mark, Steve and the Solenergy crew did an exceptional job on my recent 6.5kw system and sub
board upgrade.

What set Solenergy group apart in the initial stages was there customer service, availability of key brands that I was after (REC & Fronius) and general approachability. I asked for multiple quotes on different systems and configurations, and the resulting information was received promptly.

Upon installation the ground team proved to be very friendly, highly knowledgeable and would answer any of my questions or queries regardless of how simple or complex. The workmanship was excellent and the system is functioning as expected. I cannot yet comment on grid connection as it is currently being processed.

I will be using Solenergy group again and would recommend them to anyone.

No pressure and quick install

They were very helpful and installed the system quickly. During the process they did not pressure me for a sale while I looked at other companies. I can not say that for the others Show additional information

Excellent service, quick installation

The solar quoting and purchase process went smoothly. Adam from Solenergy was informative and very helpful. Installation was arranged at a time to suit me, it was efficient, on time, and the guys installing were happy to discus and answer all questions I had. The grid installation was organised but I'm still waiting for Origin Energy to get in touch with me. Show additional information

Excellent salesman ,Good service

Adam the salesman was knowledgeable. not at all pushy like others,came out to our home to give us the advice we needed.
We went with the system based on his advice re: the quality of the components used etc
Looking forward to cheaper electricity!

Top Quality Installation and Service

We were really well looked after by Solenergy and we are thrilled with the system they installed. Their entire team was helpful and friendly and very factual in their approach to selling the system, rather than being overly salesy. We wanted to ensure we got a high quality system and we did. It was installed two weeks after we confirmed the order. We have had the system for a couple of months now and we're really happy with it. We get great data from the app linked to the inverter. Show additional information

Regular contact made. Efficient and professional

They took care of everything. I rang our electricity provider to arrange the switch to a new meter but they had already been informed by our installer. They were professional and efficient. Very happy with the service. Show additional information

Good system

Salesman was good installation was was as per spec well done Show additional information
Completely happy with the design, installation and performance of the system. Only disappointing point was that to connect the inverter (Fronius) to the house modem required an ipad; android devices would not communicate with the inverter until after it has been setup. No mention that this could happen in any of the literature and I spent 4 to 5 hours trying to connect with android. Once the inverter to modem was setup, android devices are able to communicate ok. Show additional information

All made very easy.

This system was for our rental property and Adam from Solenergy replied promptly and sent all relevant info as requested. Install was done within 2 weeks. There was an issue with the inverter but was fixed once told. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer and Great Service

We were looking around for a solar installer who can provide us with not only a great product but help understand the process and gains over a long term. I do certainly state for a fact that you are well looked after with Solenergy. From being able to provide you with comprehensive information to completing a very professional install they are a company designed to ensure that you are well looked after. If anything they are an epitome of what service should be and I'm really glad to have them quote and install our solar system. Show additional information
Great service. Installed everything in one day (13.2 kw plus battery). Very patient answering questions. Great follow up service when there was a problem with the inverter. Show additional information
After looking around for a solar system there seemed to be a lot of cowboys in the solar game offering me all the promises in the world and most said anything they needed to get the sale.
When dealing with Adam Christie from Solenergy Group the feeling was completely different. He is a down to earth, good person that helped us reduce our power bill significantly giving us a better price on a higher quality system, however was a better price than other lower quality systems on the market. Adam was on point for all the ongoing service through the process and also aftersales service. Furthermore the installers did a professional job and were very good to deal with also. I highly recommend this company when looking at solar. Professional, pain free, reliable company that I feel relieved after the installation that I went with.
System not yet connected to grid due to incorrect address of premises on application to SEQEB. This is due to happen in the next two weeks. Show additional information
Overall a great experience. Salesman explained everything well and even gave a few tips and explanations others did not. Installation and Customer Service were very good, only marked down from top marks as I had to chase up a couple of minor things, which were instantly dealt with. System up and running as advertised, very happy thus far. Show additional information
Great experience with these guys. Adam (sales) was very helpful and open to any questions I had. Always happy to assist us.
Got a few more quotes and they all came very close to each other. At the end I chose solenergy due to quality of costumer service and value for money for a quality system.
Install was due on time. Very professional.
Today I turned on the system after AGL reconfigured my meter to solar.
Very happy with our install, very easy to recommend.
You get what you pay for in my experience with getting the quotes from through installers that Solar Quotes recommend. So I decided to get a bigger system of high quality rather than going for the highest quality system. I highly recommend Adam from Solenergy. No BS with him. Show additional information