Solenergy Group Pty Ltd

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Reviews

Solenergy is a leading solar retailer offering a simple turnkey approach to installing solar to your home or business.

A Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer, Solenergy is a trusted, family owned and operated Aussie business.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, trusted global brands and quality installations with industry leading workmanship warranties.

Reviewers report paying: $4,400 - $5,932 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Reviews (128)

Great communication

I found the sales and quoting process easy to understand and the changes I requested to my first quote were dealt with promptly and accurately.

As soon as I accepted the quote the timeline information and contact I received was sent to me and I never felt like I had to chase down any information.

Installation day was done without any issues and the installers were the most polite and friendly guys that I have had the pleasure to deal with.
Follow up phone call was received and all the grid connections were done within 10 days.

Great company to deal with!

Extremely friendly service and amazing value for money.

Sales team are very helpful in identifying exactly what you need. Installation was quick and the team were tidy and walked me through how to operate the solar system. Follow-up service assisted in connecting the system to the grid, overall a great experience.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5-star review and recommendation Marko. Great to hear you're so pleased with your solar system and installation. We're only a phone call away if you need us.

Original Review on 11-03-2019:

33 months later we asked Andres: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. My power bill went down significantly. We almost never pay a bill. And that's with a household of 5 ( Three toddler's) so we spend a lot of time at home.

Last month our average daily usage was 7.15khw and we paid zero. Bringing in $38 in credit to our bill making it a total of $96 credit that we carry forward. (No AC usage and we don't have a pool).

We don't use our central AC much through the year. It may see heavy usage 2 months per year. (We live on brisbane).

I'm quite pleased with the system. No issues whatsoever. Quality installation

My feed in tariff is $0.2

Fantastic company to deal with.

Quoting process was easy and they were happy to go over it in detail with me so it made sense.

Installation was a simple process -they turned up when they said they would and everything was done in a very friendly but professional manner.

They helped with the grid connection and made sure I understood what the process was and when things should be happening.

Original Review on 24-02-2021:

Excellent company and Installers. Only salesperson to actually visit my house and discuss options.

Solenergy came out to the house and sat with me for almost an hour discussing options and going through the process. Was very informative.

The installation was faultless, the guys took care and explained everything they were doing. Very happy with the installation.

8 months later we asked James: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes absolutely, my bill is in credit and it is humming away nicely!

Very efficient

Solenergy were unreal, from the start to the end!!! Once I decided to go ahead, the panels were installed a week later.. No fuss and amazing service. Thanks to Adam and Dan for their assistance, I highly recommend Solenergy.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5-star review and write this recommendation Daniel. We're so pleased you're so happy with your solar system, the installation and the service!

Original Review on 11-02-2021:

Good solar retailer

Easy, informative process from start to finish. Weather conditions were not ideal and the initial crew soldiered on. Good follow up by solar retailer. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jason: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

100%

Original Review on 13-01-2021:

Competent Company and People

Salesperson was very informed and helpful. Bit early to assess quality of system and value for money but think we have a good quality system that is value for money. Time will tell. Installers were great. On time, very friendly, very professional, safe workers and good work ethic. Waited some time for Origin to connect the meter. Waiting for the Huawei inverter app to work to see how we are faring. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All good so far. The issue has more been to do with the feeding-in of excess electricity and the network coping and the providers purchasing excess electricity.

Original Review on 20-01-2021:

Happy to now be part of the Solar world

the sales and quoting system worked very smoothly and was easy to get the questions i had answered

Very happy with the installation they were on time polite and cleaned up everything before leaving site

They sent through all the required requests to have the system completed with my electricity provider and after a few phone calls the provider done their part.

i did have an issue with the factory settings on the inverter not being correct however this was addressed by the installer and all is working fine now.

a lot of the work had to be done over the Christmas period which made things drag out but i am totally satisfied with the system i now have and the way it operates

Thanks Steve for taking the time to write a review. Pleased to hear your system is up and running and that you are satisfied. We strive to provide the best possible customer service - great to hear that we ticked these boxes for you.

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

now 12 months after purchase i an very happy with the entire system. it has been set and forget - no problems, issues or power bills.
what else could i ask for

Fantastic sales and great teamwork from the install

From start to finish great support from the team.
The install guys explained everything from start to finish

100% Satisfied

We’ve had our system just a little over a year now and am absolutely over the moon with the money we’re saving the solar products we ended up choosing and the service Solenergy provided. Adam guided us and gave us awesome advice of which would suit our family best! Solenergy were fantastic from start to finish and we couldn’t be happier with the products and services they have provided!!

Great Experience

Overall and good experience. Installation was on time and installers were polite and helpful. They stayed and explained the system to me and the post installation service has been good too.

Great installers

It was all very easy and seamless.
Grid connection was done for me as was the app for the system.

Thanks for taking the time to review and recommend Solenergy. We’re pleased to hear the solar process was easy and seamless. We pride ourselves on great customer service Kath, so please don’t hesitate to reach out – we’re only a phone call away.

Original Review on 05-11-2020:

Happy and satisfied

Settled for a 9.7kw system, at very good comparison price. The system was installed within 2 weeks by very competent tradies. Can recommend solenergy, for hassle free company Original ratings

Thanks Peter for taking the time to recommend us! Hassel free is what we love and live for!

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No battery

Easy to deal with and good quality

Awesome Team!!!! Very reliable and helpful. Prompt and polite. Totally recommend. Effortless and easy to deal with. I went through A LOT of companies before I felt comfortable enough to deal with Solenergy! And they sure didn't disappoint me. Job well done guys and girls!!

Original Review on 06-08-2020:

6.6 kW system by Solenergy.

Hi Finn, all good, we had the installation done early July, up to now l can't think of a reason why we wouldn't give a 10/10. l went to work , came home... all done, l went through your check list, ie.. cover over isolater on roof etc... Adam was the sales guy and a very pleasant experience it was too. Our's was not an easy roof to deal with either, multiple sections, a few trees, however here we are in the middle of winter and we are pushing 5kW. So we're holding off with the pruning.... (we're from Yorkshire..). Solenergy organised grid connection and dust-box upgrade, Anyhow Finn, thanks again to you and the gang at Solar Quotes and Solenergy. Our best regards Paul and Jenny. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jenny: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the above comments are just me thinking aloud... l would like to take this opportunity to say thank you Finn and all the guys and gals at solar quotes for a very professional company. Ever thought of doing banking?....paul and Jenny .

Highly professional local business. Would recommend.

The service from the whole team was top notch, from Adam in sales through to the installation team who were flexible and worked around my Body Corporate. The installation and finance application process were both totally painless and the system was up and running in no time. A highly professional outfit. Would definitely recommend.

Great system, perfect installation.

The whole process was made easy by the team at Solenergy. They communicated well throughout the process and let me know what would happen next. They did a very professional and tidy job installing the system and connecting to the grid on the day we had scheduled. Very happy!

This is so great to hear Lachlan. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give us a 5-star rating.

Surprised by what they could deliver in the price. Very easy to work with.

Solenergy spent a lot of time talking with me and answering all the questions I had prior to issuing the quote. The price was the best and they were using products I trusted (from the SolarQuotes recommendations).

We stumbled a bit on the installation, as the system had to be redesigned once they were on site and saw the roof pitch. That required a change to the inverter, but Solenergy stuck by their original quote. I think that shows trustworthiness!

Solenergy arranged the other services – Energex and Red Energy - and kept us updated whole way.

Peter and Mark were very professional and very easy to talk with.

Original Review on 02-06-2020:

Risen / Sungrow Solar Installation

Impressed with the technical expertise and thoroughness of the staff. Not the cheapest quote but a reasonable price for a quality system. Installation was on time, very professional, looks great and now working exactly as expected. Solenergy group organised everything including grid connection with minimal effort from me. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Brian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been extremely reliable from day one with no problems whatsoever. I have no hesitation in recommending Solenergy Group.
In regards to my expectations, the system has done exactly what was expected of it however the weather over this last summer has not. Total monthly generation figures given in the original quote were obviously based on weather data averaged over many years and while generation during colder months was fractionally better than anticipated, generation over this last summer has been a little down due to the number of cloudy days. Solenergy Group obviously have no control over the weather but it is nevertheless emotionally / financially disappointing not to achieve the hoped for target in the first year of operation. Hopefully next year will be better.

Very happy

Good communication throughout process.
Able to give me the system I wanted, choice of panels and inverter for a very competitive price

Thank you for taking the time to recommend us Mike. Great to hear this feedback!

Fronius and seraphim 6.6kw system

Very good all-round Would recommend to anyone looking to install a 6.6kw system

This is good to hear Mik. Thanks for taking the time to recommend us - we appreciate the feedback.

The best customer service all round from the whole team.

From the first call, it felt like a friend was calling to help a mate out. Next was the meeting in person which was very honest, direct and answered any and all questions i had about solar - very knowledgeable. No pressure to make a purchase at all then came the installation team who were more than happy to explain things and help. Even after sales service has been great. System runs smoothly exactly how it should. Cant fault in any way.

We appreciate you taking the time to recommend Solenergy. As a family owned and operated Aussie business, it's so lovely to hear this feedback. Welcome to the Solenergy family! If ever you need us - we are only a phone call away.

Pat was great to work with

Pat was great to work with in figuring out the best system, and he organised to get it all installed very quickly.

Excellent installers

The team at Solenergy were excellent. The salesman was upfront with all the information and knowledgeably about exactly what system we needed and would fit our purpose. This actually separated them from the other companies we got quotes from. Then the guys installing our system were clean and tidy, polite and professional. We feel that we got a good deal and a quality product. We would recommend Solenergy.

Great to hear this Peter! Thanks for the 5-star review and recommendation.

From start to finish, great experience.

From the start Adam was great and answered all of my questions. He came out and inspected my roof as it was an odd shape. We sat down and worked out the layout of the panels.

Installation was also top notch. The guys doing the install knew their stuff and were very accommodating as I had to have some roof tiles replaced due to hail. Installation was clean and looks great. Everything was tidied up and they arrived exactly when I was told they would.

Dan and Mark have been great to deal with and answered my questions after the installation was complete. Very happy with the install and Solenergy

This is great news Simon! Thanks for the review and recommendation - sensational feedback.

Quick and efficient

Out of the three solar companies to give me a quote, Solenergy was the only company to visit my house for a survey. The survey picked up on a couple of issues which would have caused issues and delay if not discovered until the day of installation.
I was also able to discuss technical aspects such as cable layout, inverter type, with Adam.
The cost and equipment was comparable with other quotes but because Solenergy had surveyed my house, this gave me a high degree of confidence that I wouldn't get any surprises down the track.
The install was done on the appointed day with no issues. Installation was neat and professional.
I'm waiting now on Energex to change my meters so can't comment on the system performance yet.

Thank you Phil for taking the time to write a review and recommend us to others. We take great pride in our work and so it's great to hear you are happy with the site inspection service, quote process and the installation. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help any further - we are only a phone call away.

Family

To invest alot, the returns should be equal or greater!

We are super happy with the choice I made this time round...

Thankyou

Thank you Leslie for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you're happy!

Very happy. Would recommend 100%

Adam was amazing. He was the first of 7 solar quotes we got and we both went back to him immediately. His attention to detail, prompt response time and willingness to work with what we wanted to achieve was a great first impression. When he came out his presentation was by far the most forthright and informative, he gave us and best options on size, panel placement and value for money and after he left we found it so much easier to ask other installers questions on our particular install type to ascertain the best value which ended up being with SolEnergy. Adam provided us with the best monetary value all round, choice of quality panels and inverters to suit our needs, flexibility in panel array and immediate install date that some others could not. An absolute asset to SolEnergy. The installers were lovely, hard working and flexible. They showed me everything I needed to get set-up and worked very hard in the hottest day of our heat wave! Good work boys!

Thank you Alicia for this wonderful rating and for taking the time to recommend us to others. We are so thrilled to hear about your experience with Adam who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in this industry. Great to hear you were pleased with our installation team and the process.

Very happy

Solenergy was the only company of the four we contacted, to send a rep out to talk to us. Adam was very helpful with information and receptive to our thoughts and questions. The quote was inclusive with a definite price for the alterations to the meter box, which wasn't the case with the other company we were looking at. They were happy to adjust the quote for work we were able to arrange ourselves.

The installation team arrived on schedule, were very pleasant, advised us each time they had to turn off the power and took away any debris they were left with.

Customer service has been excellent, with phone calls and emails keeping us informed and answering any questions we had. They contacted Energex and our supplier to arrange the grid connection, which went completely smoothly without us having to do anything.

Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to write this lovely review and recommendation for Solenergy. We always strive to provide the very best customer service and so we're delighted to hear about your experience. We are only a phone call away if you need us.

Quick and easy setup!

Solenergy was one of the first companies that I spoke to after receiving the recommendations from Solaquotes.com. After that I spoke to probably 12+ other solar providers, before going back to Solenergy, because they just felt right! Every other Solar company kept trying to sell me a system and saying that they were the best blah, blah. I was so sick of hearing the same sales pitch for every company!

Adam from Solenergy on the other hand was patient, he was not in a hurry to sell me anything, he answered all the questions that I had, and he just felt genuine! He provided me a fair quote for the work too and hence I decided to go with them. Within a day or two we had all the paperwork sorted.

The installation process went smoothly too. I got an installation day in about a week from signing up, which was awesome! The technicians rocked up on time and it so happens I knew one of the technicians as well (Small world!) The job was done in a day and they took great care not to damage the roof or the walls when installing the panels.
Within a couple of weeks or so, the meter change got done by the power retailer and I was good to go!

It was a great smooth run from start to finish. They took care of everything, which made it very easy. I would highly recommend Solenergy to anyone.

We are so pleased to hear about your experience Mario. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and recommend us to others.

Knowledgeable and reliable installer

I chose Solenergy based on their knowledge, customer service during the quoting process and online reviews. First and foremost, it was an easy process to work with Adam. Adam did not push a sale and the quote was comprehensive. He took the time to explain the process and provided me with all the information I needed to make the final decision.

The price range of the three systems he recommended were very reasonable and fell within my budget. Communications between myself and Solenergy were easy and installation was a breeze. The guys turned up on time and clearly explained what they were going to do. They installed the system and assisted in setting up the consumption app so that I can see what is happening with the system.

They organised the connection to the grid and the STC paperwork. I would encourage any person looking for a solar system to seriously consider using Solenergy.

It's great to hear we ticked all the boxes Kerrin. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and 5-star rating - greatly appreciated.

Original Review on 13-03-2020:

smooth instalation, good customer care,

Installation for me was Easy and Convenient, I like the system I selected.
Solenergy priced an SMA inverter which at the time I didn't know was not what they usually installed, there was a bit of a delay in getting it configured.
Solenergy customer service person was quite good and friendly to deal with, what was to them an unusual system was researched and the connection problem fixed.

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Update: 20/11/2020: After positing this the sales rep got in contact with me and a technician has come out and discovered one of the strings was not working. it is now re-connected and i am generating 4.9KW rather than the 3kW i use to generate.

17/11/2020:
The power generation model used to predict the amount of solar power I would produce overestimated the power generated compared to reality. My 6.25 kW system usually attains just over 3.0 kW peak production.
The FIT got reduced to 6c/kW, but my electricity supplier keeps me by renewing my 28% discount on the total bill.

Great Job

Could not be happier, Solenergy provided sound investment assistance and acted professionally from the sales right to the installation.

So pleased to hear about your experience Ron. Many thanks for the review and rating! We're here if ever you need us.

Good experience overall

Sales and quoting was great, Adam was responsive and knew his stuff. We discussed installation quality and my questions were answered well.
The installers did a fine job of the installation, everything was done to a high standard. There was a minor issue, but nothing that detracted from the quality of the actual install. They were on time, finished it within a good timeframe, and everything was completed and functional. I think they missed looking about and didn't spot a minor thing to fully remove old system.
The office sorted out all the paperwork without issue, and knew the rules and regulations, all completed in the end.
Overall a 9/10 only lacking because a few people in the office were involved and maybe a little lacking in communication, but the installation services and equipment gets 10/10

Thanks Robert for the feedback. We always strive to provide the very best service and care and seek ways to improve our day-to-day operations. At the time of your installation we were in the process of making changes to some key operational roles within the company, which included training and handover. Apologies for the communication during this time - we appreciated your patience and understanding.

Great service. Fast, efficient and trustworthy.

From initial phone call to installation and ongoing support I cannot fault Solenergy. Installation was tidy and the team cleaned up well after themselves.

Solenergy Group - Everything you need with great service.

This company was honest, knowledgable, time-efficient and very thorough. We are super happy to have used their services and product recommendations.

Reliable and helpful

We had our sysrem onstalled about 5 weeks ago...Fom start to finish and after the service has been excellent..install was done on the arranged date..a team of installers had our system up and running in about 3hrs..the installers didn't leave until we understood how the systems works and helped download an app to monitor the new system..excellent service from the installers..about 2weeks later the the owner of solenergy rang to to say one of our inverters wasn't working to full capacity..24hrs later..the systems peaking at max..solenergy monitor systems to make sure there working to full capacity..nothing is to much trouble with solenergy..i can ring anytime on any day and always get a phone call answered..as someone who nothing about solar energy...these guys (solenergy)have explained and shown us in full detail about everything...our electrcity bill has dropped dramaticly (We have our electrcity companies app and shows day by day useage)I wouldn't look back at all on getting solar..and recommend solenergy to family and friends as a informative and reliable company..thanks to the solenergy team for everything ..you've saved us alot of money in electrcity

Couldn't be happier, they did a great job.

Everything went great from the quoting to installation. Right form the onset of the project the sales team offered information on how to improve our energy bill.

All team members were every professional by keeping us informed of the process and installation. Installation team ensure the placement of the panels were mounted in the best location on the house.

Happy with all our Choices

The quoting process was quick and easy. All our questions were answered. The installation went smoothly even though some changes to the arrangement of the panels on the roof was necessary. The workmen were polite and tidy. Customer service was very good. I was not at home when they finished the work so someone came back the next day to set up the monitoring app on my phone. They forgot to install the timer switch but came back to do so. I know that this company is there for us if we have any further questions or any issues at all. Happy to recommend them.

Let down by customer service calls not returned as promised

With sales and quoting Peter was excellent. The installation was quick and efficient with no broken roof tiles but with the customer service I had to chase them because the promised return calls just did not happen most of the time.

Good after sales service

I was impressed by the after sales service when I had a problem with the inverter

Excellent all round service

Right from the quote through to the installation there service was A1, value for money and an excellent installation. So glad we went with
Solenergy group.

Original Review on 24-01-2020:

Solenergy - Solar System Installation

. Sales/Quoting: Solenergy (Adam Christie) was the only supplier that visited our site to measure & quote. This process was quite seamless, they provided detailed information in there quotation.
. Installation: Solenergy's install team (Peter & Craig and team) were excellent to deal with, very courteous, prompt, tidy and extremely professional.
. Customer Service: Solenergy's overall performance throughout the quote/ install process was very good. If I had to draw on a negative, the only thing I could say is that not all my written questions were not clearly answered.

8 months later we asked Neville: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The solar system that I purchased from Solenergy Group Brisbane has performed better than I expected, in particular, through the winter months.

The system during the summer period worked to its maximum every day the sun was out.

The only recommendation that I could make with the service provider would be to do a 'follow-up' the customer to see or make sure all is well.

Good job, good service

All good from the start very smooth and easy in all areas would get them again no stress

More than pleased!

Great install, they modified the layout of the longi panels for a tidier and more beneficial use of the available light. Top quality service.. extremely happy with this system and install. Great mob to deal with A1

Very happy with my solar and the service

Quote process was very informative but not the hard sell and there was no pressure. The installation was done a few days after signing contract. Installer were right on time and were very efficient and helpful. I did have a small issue with my hot water the day after install. I made one phone call to Patrick who arranged for the electrician to attend my property to sort it out. Excellent customer service from start to finish.

I had previously had a bad experience with another company, so I was a little worried, but I was very happy with the price and the service.

Great experience from quoting to final installation.

Sales process was factual and provided good options. Any concerns/questions I had were explained and was provided a good deal. I purchased a 5kw SolaX inverter with 6.5kw worth of seraphim srp-6pb black panels. The system was installed in late 2018 and has been working well with minimal issues. I also have the solax app which shows my energy consumption and the system has so far delivered above calculated expectations. I went into this with a calculated ROI of 2 years but managed it in 1 year 9 months. This was also due to getting a 20c feed in Tariff from AGL. I dealt with Adam who continues to keep in touch and ask me how I’m going with my system which goes to show customer service doesn’t stop when the installation is complete. Would recommend to anyone who is new to installing solar.

Exceptional Customer Service

Mark & the team at Solenergy were responsive and professional in their service to us, and in a competitive industry this was the key to them being awarded the job. From the start communication was clear, concise, and all aspects of the quoting process through to installation seemed to be easier than what we have become accustomed to when compared with other service industries. The system has only just been grid connected a month after the solar system was installed, however that was due to the wait for the Retailer and Energex to change over the meter. Now the system is working as expected and we are very happy with it, and with the service received from Solenergy.

Original Review on 18-12-2019:

Goods Company, some hiccups.

The sales/quoting process was fine. The installation took a week. The first delay was weather related, the second was because they delivered the wrong panels. Another weather delay and then the installation. They forgot to bring the Tigo optimisers that I had ordered but at least the system was connected to the grid. The optimisers were installed later. Overall, thew installers were punctual and tidy and I was kept informed of what was happening at all times. The grid connection was no problem as I previously had a small system which I had to uninstall to fit the system on the roof where the sun and my wife were happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Almost, but I anticipated being in credit during the summer. However, I can't complain about the small bills that I have been getting. The solar rebate did go down after installation.