Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About Solenergy Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
Solenergy Group Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 72 615 447 884  ABN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solenergy Group Pty. Ltd.
ACN: 615 447 884  ACN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solenergy Group Pty. Ltd.
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 359117C Solenergy Group Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,250 - $6,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solenergy is a leading solar retailer offering a simple turnkey approach to installing solar to your home or business.

A Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer, Solenergy is a trusted, family owned and operated Aussie business.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, trusted global brands and quality installations with industry leading workmanship warranties.

Solenergy Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Fronius and seraphim 6.6kw system

Very good all-round Would recommend to anyone looking to install a 6.6kw system Show additional information

Happy to now be part of the Solar world

the sales and quoting system worked very smoothly and was easy to get the questions i had answered

Very happy with the installation they were on time polite and cleaned up everything before leaving site

They sent through all the required requests to have the system completed with my electricity provider and after a few phone calls the provider done their part.

i did have an issue with the factory settings on the inverter not being correct however this was addressed by the installer and all is working fine now.

a lot of the work had to be done over the Christmas period which made things drag out but i am totally satisfied with the system i now have and the way it operates

The best customer service all round from the whole team.

From the first call, it felt like a friend was calling to help a mate out. Next was the meeting in person which was very honest, direct and answered any and all questions i had about solar - very knowledgeable. No pressure to make a purchase at all then came the installation team who were more than happy to explain things and help. Even after sales service has been great. System runs smoothly exactly how it should. Cant fault in any way. Show additional information

Competent Company and People

Salesperson was very informed and helpful. Bit early to assess quality of system and value for money but think we have a good quality system that is value for money. Time will tell. Installers were great. On time, very friendly, very professional, safe workers and good work ethic. Waited some time for Origin to connect the meter. Waiting for the Huawei inverter app to work to see how we are faring. Show additional information

Pat was great to work with

Pat was great to work with in figuring out the best system, and he organised to get it all installed very quickly. Show additional information

Excellent installers

The team at Solenergy were excellent. The salesman was upfront with all the information and knowledgeably about exactly what system we needed and would fit our purpose. This actually separated them from the other companies we got quotes from. Then the guys installing our system were clean and tidy, polite and professional. We feel that we got a good deal and a quality product. We would recommend Solenergy. Show additional information

From start to finish, great experience.

From the start Adam was great and answered all of my questions. He came out and inspected my roof as it was an odd shape. We sat down and worked out the layout of the panels.

Installation was also top notch. The guys doing the install knew their stuff and were very accommodating as I had to have some roof tiles replaced due to hail. Installation was clean and looks great. Everything was tidied up and they arrived exactly when I was told they would.

Dan and Mark have been great to deal with and answered my questions after the installation was complete. Very happy with the install and Solenergy

This is great news Simon! Thanks for the review and recommendation - sensational feedback. Show additional information

Quick and efficient

Out of the three solar companies to give me a quote, Solenergy was the only company to visit my house for a survey. The survey picked up on a couple of issues which would have caused issues and delay if not discovered until the day of installation.
I was also able to discuss technical aspects such as cable layout, inverter type, with Adam.
The cost and equipment was comparable with other quotes but because Solenergy had surveyed my house, this gave me a high degree of confidence that I wouldn't get any surprises down the track.
The install was done on the appointed day with no issues. Installation was neat and professional.
I'm waiting now on Energex to change my meters so can't comment on the system performance yet.

Thank you Phil for taking the time to write a review and recommend us to others. We take great pride in our work and so it's great to hear you are happy with the site inspection service, quote process and the installation. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help any further - we are only a phone call away. Show additional information

Family

To invest alot, the returns should be equal or greater!

We are super happy with the choice I made this time round...

Thankyou

Thank you Leslie for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you're happy! Show additional information

Very happy. Would recommend 100%

Adam was amazing. He was the first of 7 solar quotes we got and we both went back to him immediately. His attention to detail, prompt response time and willingness to work with what we wanted to achieve was a great first impression. When he came out his presentation was by far the most forthright and informative, he gave us and best options on size, panel placement and value for money and after he left we found it so much easier to ask other installers questions on our particular install type to ascertain the best value which ended up being with SolEnergy. Adam provided us with the best monetary value all round, choice of quality panels and inverters to suit our needs, flexibility in panel array and immediate install date that some others could not. An absolute asset to SolEnergy. The installers were lovely, hard working and flexible. They showed me everything I needed to get set-up and worked very hard in the hottest day of our heat wave! Good work boys!

Thank you Alicia for this wonderful rating and for taking the time to recommend us to others. We are so thrilled to hear about your experience with Adam who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in this industry. Great to hear you were pleased with our installation team and the process. Show additional information

Very happy

Solenergy was the only company of the four we contacted, to send a rep out to talk to us. Adam was very helpful with information and receptive to our thoughts and questions. The quote was inclusive with a definite price for the alterations to the meter box, which wasn't the case with the other company we were looking at. They were happy to adjust the quote for work we were able to arrange ourselves.

The installation team arrived on schedule, were very pleasant, advised us each time they had to turn off the power and took away any debris they were left with.

Customer service has been excellent, with phone calls and emails keeping us informed and answering any questions we had. They contacted Energex and our supplier to arrange the grid connection, which went completely smoothly without us having to do anything.

Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to write this lovely review and recommendation for Solenergy. We always strive to provide the very best customer service and so we're delighted to hear about your experience. We are only a phone call away if you need us. Show additional information

Quick and easy setup!

Solenergy was one of the first companies that I spoke to after receiving the recommendations from Solaquotes.com. After that I spoke to probably 12+ other solar providers, before going back to Solenergy, because they just felt right! Every other Solar company kept trying to sell me a system and saying that they were the best blah, blah. I was so sick of hearing the same sales pitch for every company!

Adam from Solenergy on the other hand was patient, he was not in a hurry to sell me anything, he answered all the questions that I had, and he just felt genuine! He provided me a fair quote for the work too and hence I decided to go with them. Within a day or two we had all the paperwork sorted.

The installation process went smoothly too. I got an installation day in about a week from signing up, which was awesome! The technicians rocked up on time and it so happens I knew one of the technicians as well (Small world!) The job was done in a day and they took great care not to damage the roof or the walls when installing the panels.
Within a couple of weeks or so, the meter change got done by the power retailer and I was good to go!

It was a great smooth run from start to finish. They took care of everything, which made it very easy. I would highly recommend Solenergy to anyone.

We are so pleased to hear about your experience Mario. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and recommend us to others. Show additional information

Knowledgeable and reliable installer

I chose Solenergy based on their knowledge, customer service during the quoting process and online reviews. First and foremost, it was an easy process to work with Adam. Adam did not push a sale and the quote was comprehensive. He took the time to explain the process and provided me with all the information I needed to make the final decision.

The price range of the three systems he recommended were very reasonable and fell within my budget. Communications between myself and Solenergy were easy and installation was a breeze. The guys turned up on time and clearly explained what they were going to do. They installed the system and assisted in setting up the consumption app so that I can see what is happening with the system.

They organised the connection to the grid and the STC paperwork. I would encourage any person looking for a solar system to seriously consider using Solenergy.

It's great to hear we ticked all the boxes Kerrin. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and 5-star rating - greatly appreciated. Show additional information

smooth instalation, good customer care,

Installation for me was Easy and Convenient, I like the system I selected.
Solenergy priced an SMA inverter which at the time I didn't know was not what they usually installed, there was a bit of a delay in getting it configured.
Solenergy customer service person was quite good and friendly to deal with, what was to them an unusual system was researched and the connection problem fixed.

Great Job

Could not be happier, Solenergy provided sound investment assistance and acted professionally from the sales right to the installation.

So pleased to hear about your experience Ron. Many thanks for the review and rating! We're here if ever you need us. Show additional information

Happy and satisfied

Settled for a 9.7kw system, at very good comparison price. The system was installed within 2 weeks by very competent tradies. Can recommend solenergy, for hassle free company

Thanks Peter for taking the time to recommend us! Hassel free is what we love and live for! Show additional information

Good experience overall

Sales and quoting was great, Adam was responsive and knew his stuff. We discussed installation quality and my questions were answered well.
The installers did a fine job of the installation, everything was done to a high standard. There was a minor issue, but nothing that detracted from the quality of the actual install. They were on time, finished it within a good timeframe, and everything was completed and functional. I think they missed looking about and didn't spot a minor thing to fully remove old system.
The office sorted out all the paperwork without issue, and knew the rules and regulations, all completed in the end.
Overall a 9/10 only lacking because a few people in the office were involved and maybe a little lacking in communication, but the installation services and equipment gets 10/10

Great service. Fast, efficient and trustworthy.

From initial phone call to installation and ongoing support I cannot fault Solenergy. Installation was tidy and the team cleaned up well after themselves. Show additional information

Solenergy Group - Everything you need with great service.

This company was honest, knowledgable, time-efficient and very thorough. We are super happy to have used their services and product recommendations. Show additional information

Reliable and helpful

We had our sysrem onstalled about 5 weeks ago...Fom start to finish and after the service has been excellent..install was done on the arranged date..a team of installers had our system up and running in about 3hrs..the installers didn't leave until we understood how the systems works and helped download an app to monitor the new system..excellent service from the installers..about 2weeks later the the owner of solenergy rang to to say one of our inverters wasn't working to full capacity..24hrs later..the systems peaking at max..solenergy monitor systems to make sure there working to full capacity..nothing is to much trouble with solenergy..i can ring anytime on any day and always get a phone call answered..as someone who nothing about solar energy...these guys (solenergy)have explained and shown us in full detail about everything...our electrcity bill has dropped dramaticly (We have our electrcity companies app and shows day by day useage)I wouldn't look back at all on getting solar..and recommend solenergy to family and friends as a informative and reliable company..thanks to the solenergy team for everything ..you've saved us alot of money in electrcity Show additional information

Couldn't be happier, they did a great job.

Everything went great from the quoting to installation. Right form the onset of the project the sales team offered information on how to improve our energy bill.

All team members were every professional by keeping us informed of the process and installation. Installation team ensure the placement of the panels were mounted in the best location on the house.

Happy with all our Choices

The quoting process was quick and easy. All our questions were answered. The installation went smoothly even though some changes to the arrangement of the panels on the roof was necessary. The workmen were polite and tidy. Customer service was very good. I was not at home when they finished the work so someone came back the next day to set up the monitoring app on my phone. They forgot to install the timer switch but came back to do so. I know that this company is there for us if we have any further questions or any issues at all. Happy to recommend them. Show additional information

Let down by customer service calls not returned as promised

With sales and quoting Peter was excellent. The installation was quick and efficient with no broken roof tiles but with the customer service I had to chase them because the promised return calls just did not happen most of the time. Show additional information

Good after sales service

I was impressed by the after sales service when I had a problem with the inverter Show additional information

Excellent all round service

Right from the quote through to the installation there service was A1, value for money and an excellent installation. So glad we went with
Solenergy group.

Solenergy - Solar System Installation

. Sales/Quoting: Solenergy (Adam Christie) was the only supplier that visited our site to measure & quote. This process was quite seamless, they provided detailed information in there quotation.
. Installation: Solenergy's install team (Peter & Craig and team) were excellent to deal with, very courteous, prompt, tidy and extremely professional.
. Customer Service: Solenergy's overall performance throughout the quote/ install process was very good. If I had to draw on a negative, the only thing I could say is that not all my written questions were not clearly answered.

Good job, good service

All good from the start very smooth and easy in all areas would get them again no stress Show additional information

More than pleased!

Great install, they modified the layout of the longi panels for a tidier and more beneficial use of the available light. Top quality service.. extremely happy with this system and install. Great mob to deal with A1 Show additional information

Very happy with my solar and the service

Quote process was very informative but not the hard sell and there was no pressure. The installation was done a few days after signing contract. Installer were right on time and were very efficient and helpful. I did have a small issue with my hot water the day after install. I made one phone call to Patrick who arranged for the electrician to attend my property to sort it out. Excellent customer service from start to finish.

I had previously had a bad experience with another company, so I was a little worried, but I was very happy with the price and the service.

Great experience from quoting to final installation.

Sales process was factual and provided good options. Any concerns/questions I had were explained and was provided a good deal. I purchased a 5kw SolaX inverter with 6.5kw worth of seraphim srp-6pb black panels. The system was installed in late 2018 and has been working well with minimal issues. I also have the solax app which shows my energy consumption and the system has so far delivered above calculated expectations. I went into this with a calculated ROI of 2 years but managed it in 1 year 9 months. This was also due to getting a 20c feed in Tariff from AGL. I dealt with Adam who continues to keep in touch and ask me how I’m going with my system which goes to show customer service doesn’t stop when the installation is complete. Would recommend to anyone who is new to installing solar. Show additional information

Exceptional Customer Service

Mark & the team at Solenergy were responsive and professional in their service to us, and in a competitive industry this was the key to them being awarded the job. From the start communication was clear, concise, and all aspects of the quoting process through to installation seemed to be easier than what we have become accustomed to when compared with other service industries. The system has only just been grid connected a month after the solar system was installed, however that was due to the wait for the Retailer and Energex to change over the meter. Now the system is working as expected and we are very happy with it, and with the service received from Solenergy. Show additional information

Goods Company, some hiccups.

The sales/quoting process was fine. The installation took a week. The first delay was weather related, the second was because they delivered the wrong panels. Another weather delay and then the installation. They forgot to bring the Tigo optimisers that I had ordered but at least the system was connected to the grid. The optimisers were installed later. Overall, thew installers were punctual and tidy and I was kept informed of what was happening at all times. The grid connection was no problem as I previously had a small system which I had to uninstall to fit the system on the roof where the sun and my wife were happy. Show additional information

Terrific Job

The whole process was very professional and pretty much hassle free from our perspective. They answered all our questions and were prompt and efficient and organised everything. About a week after the install our meter was changed and the system was up and running. I had some queries about the app that monitors the system and they answered those questions promptly as well. Show additional information

6.6 kW system by Solenergy.

Hi Finn, all good, we had the installation done early July, up to now l can't think of a reason why we wouldn't give a 10/10. l went to work , came home... all done, l went through your check list, ie.. cover over isolater on roof etc... Adam was the sales guy and a very pleasant experience it was too. Our's was not an easy roof to deal with either, multiple sections, a few trees, however here we are in the middle of winter and we are pushing 5kW. So we're holding off with the pruning.... (we're from Yorkshire..). Solenergy organised grid connection and dust-box upgrade, Anyhow Finn, thanks again to you and the gang at Solar Quotes and Solenergy. Our best regards Paul and Jenny. Show additional information

Great company to deal with

Salesman was very knowledgeable, not pushy, guys who came to instal very friendly and cleaned up after themselves Show additional information

Quality System from Solenergy

Peter Crothers from Solenergy was the only sales person who came out to view the property before quoting. We were able to discuss options for placement of the panels with him, rather than someone relying on a Google map view of the roof. We therefore knew the quote would be accurate with no hidden costs.We were also able to ask questions and be provided with information about the different types of panels and inverters. This helped in making the right choice.

By meeting Peter in person we could see that he is very honest and that made us certain that we were making the right choice by choosing the Solenergy quote. It was not the cheapest of the three quotes, but it was the best.

The owner of the townhouse next door also went with Solenergy and did not get any further quotes, so by Peter taking the time to come out to the property, he secured two installations. We were also given a discount which was appreciated, as the two installations were able to be completed on the same day.

The installation went well and the installers were punctual, and very efficient . We were very satisfied with their work.

The customer service provided was excellent and the grid connection was organised. Thank you Solenergy for a quality system and great service.

Happy so far. Only time will tell.

The quoting system was ok.

The crew that installed the unit were very good. Worked steadily and seemed to take all care. Couldn't ask for more. Now I hope the system is as good as I expect it to be. I would recommend them.

They replaced and upgraded an old system. Everything is working. I have an app and keeping track of the systems output. All looks good so far. The proof will be come the next couple of power bills.

If the rates keep changing I will be investigating the use of a battery.

Great experience from Solenergy installation

Great communication and support before the purchase. The sales consultant was very knowledgeable and punctual, always a phone call away, even after the installation

The support team also assisted me with energex and my electricity distributor.

The installation team was very professional, kept everything clean and tidy. They also showed me how everything works. They started around 7am and finished around 4pm.

Great company to deal with and competitive pricing

Adam was fantastic to deal with. He was very thorough and professional. Communication was mostly electronic and Adam was punctual and polite. The installers were kind and answered any questions I had without hesitation. I have recommended them to many of my friends! Show additional information

Risen / Sungrow Solar Installation

Impressed with the technical expertise and thoroughness of the staff. Not the cheapest quote but a reasonable price for a quality system. Installation was on time, very professional, looks great and now working exactly as expected. Solenergy group organised everything including grid connection with minimal effort from me. Show additional information

Great company to deal with. Faultless install.

All the steps in the process of acquiring our new solar system where smooth and well co-ordinated.
The installer team are professional and did a tidy job
The follow up and commissioning process confirmed the credentials of the well oiled machine that is Solenergy.

Friendly installers and great sales team

The installers were friendly and the sales team very helpful. I could not give 5 stars for the installation due to the fact that I was told they would be out in one day, actually by lunch time but was told they needed to go and complete another job. They came back the next day but forgot to bring some parts needed to secure some of the panels. Show additional information

Friendly Service and Trades Arrived on Time

The sales/quoting process was geniue with out any pushy service. There was a need to install an inverter inside my garage, however the price to run the conduits and electical wiring (to go up, over, across and back down) was unknown and was going to be an additional cost at the time of the install. I mentioned I wasn't comoftable with out getting a full fixed priced quote so they organised a site inspection and a few other thigns to finalise the quote.

Installation occured on the designated day and fully completed by the next morning (Panel/conduits and wiring on day 1, inverter & meter works on day 2).

Unfortunately there has been a hold up with my energy retailer to install a smart meter which is still on going (~4 weeks after install has been completed) before the whole system is finished.

Very disappointing

While Solenergy were middle of the road in terms of pricing, I am genuinely so disappointed with the experience I’ve had, I wish I’d gone with someone else, even if they were more expensive. While the sales / quoting process was good (the best and most genuine of the six companies I spoke with), everything from there was a disappointment. I asked a number of times for advance warning regarding installation time, in the end I had to follow up twice the day before myself, then received a call back in the evening. I wasn’t given any formal info prior to installation about the process (eg connection to grid). After installation I rang the office to ask about next steps, and it was all so vague. In the end I had to google it. I also had to follow up the warranty documents myself. The installers left a huge mess, all through my garage and garden beds near the meter box. They said they would discuss the app monitoring with me but didn’t. I asked them for the inverter manual but it had been taken off with the rubbish. The Fronius smart meter I was getting installed didn’t work so they had to come back - they said they would contact me about when they would return but I had to follow up myself, then came 4 hours earlier than I had arranged. I had to follow up getting the app/monitoring up and running a number of times. I sent all my feedback via email and asked for it to be forwarded to the boss and never heard anything back.

Hi Sally thank you for providing Solenergy Group with this feedback. To hear that you’ve had such a poor experience is extremely disappointing for our team. As a family owned and operated business we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, quality brands and installations. With more than 70 reviews on this site – this is the first time we’ve received such negative feedback. This is a serious matter and one that has been investigated at every level.
As the Director of Solenergy Group, I’ve tried reaching out to you on your mobile, leaving messages each time - once on the evening of the day you sent the email to our Operations Manager and twice thereafter.
I appreciate that your time is valuable and that it is challenging with school pick up and drop off. Our entire team has children and we understand that this can present problems on installation day.
It is extremely rare for any Fronius product to be DOA. Standard Return to Manufacturer Authorisation procedures can take up to two weeks. Rather than wait on this, we replaced the smart meter within two business days so as not to delay you any further. The team did arrive earlier at your home than expected and for this we apologise.
The connection to the app was completed by our Operations Manager the day after the new smart meter was installed – delayed only due to the replacement of the meter that wasn’t functioning.
As for the rubbish, albeit a handful – this is not acceptable. And while not excusable, I’ve spoken to our team who got caught up with trying to connect the smart meter. We are all extremely disappointed that this was missed – especially the installation team.
Apologies for the lack of information regarding your connection to the grid. This is not standard practice.
On a positive note, ahead of installation we upgraded your system from 325W panels to 330W panels at no charge.
With our seriously tight budget, we only had one shot at a solar installation and we couldn’t afford to get it wrong. Having heard of, read about, and even encountered cowboys in the industry, we ignored the ‘too-good-to-be-true’ ultra-cheap advertisers on TV and overpriced swindlers door-knocking at our place, and went the SolarQuotes route in order to have the confidence of dealing with a vetted installer. Though Solenergy certainly had all the compliance certifications and came Finn Peacock-approved, we also found the people at Solenergy were just lovely, sincere folks to deal with. They were enthusiastic, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. Efficient and diligent in their work, they happily proved to be forthright and honest too.

Lisa at Solenergy responded the same day to our request for three quotes from Finn Peacock’s SolarQuotes service, and immediately understood and met our brief for a good, reliable system on a tight budget – recommending a Tier 1 Chinese 6.6 kW system featuring Risen panels and a Sungrow inverter – quoted at almost HALF the total price those door-knocking scheisters were asking for the same system! Let that be a warning to unwitting home-owners when installers come a-knockin'. Solenergy’s quote was also beautifully formatted, making it easy to read and understand.

Mark and Pat at Solenergy cleared up the technicalities of the planned solar system for me over the phone. With the contract signed and an installation date set, Steve and his installation team arrived on the stated day and they did an excellent job with the roof panel and inverter fitment, resulting in a neat panel array and a beautiful inverter mounting that looks the goods. The entire installation was easily done on the day and the boys even went home early. Good on ‘em! We only had a few minutes without power while the system was hooked up to the grid via the meter, and Steve showed us the system running on the Inverter’s LED display.

Solenergy cater for all market segments, depending on customers’ individual needs and budget. They can certainly supply upmarket systems using European components ... but our brief was for a ‘cheap and cheerful’ system – quality on a budget! – and Solenergy certainly delivered on that score. We’re very thankful to them for their understanding in meeting our brief, providing excellent service and for their installation of our beautiful PV solar system. We thoroughly recommend Solenergy to anyone wanting a solar installation.

Great experience from sales to installation, thank you

Really good experience from sales to,installation. Informative, turned up when they said they would, did what they said and were very pleasant to deal with throughout. Thank you Show additional information

Great installation!!

Salesperson was great.
Excellent installation team. Every person knew what to do when. Great team spirit, friendly and helpful personnel. Completed within estimated time frame.
Post installation support was great to help download and setup software - even after official working hours.

Great price quality and service

Adam Christie was great through the sales process and post install follow up. Installers were great. Show additional information

Friendly and courteous

The quoting process was very thorough. Adam came back more than once to clarify things for us and we never felt he was pushing us into anything.
Despite inconvenient rain, the installation process by Cornelius and his crew was excellent. They were punctual, courteous and efficient.
The electrician on the crew talked me through all that I needed to know.

Solenergy no complaints easy to deal with

Good salesman answerd all my questions didnt get to over with how it all works. Job well done. Just waiting for it to be swiched on Show additional information