Sunergy Solar Reviews

About Sunergy Solar, Solar Installers

Sunergy in a snapshot as at June 1, 2018

• Established 2010 (thousands of solar manufacturers and installers have gone bust in the interim), so we must be doing something right. We know we are.
  • Showroom and office open 5 days per week. Come in and see us anytime (opposite McDonalds in Eaglehawk Rd next to the Whitehorse Hotel)
  • No contractors used-we employ all our own staff. Nothing is outsourced.
  • 1 of only 59 Clean Energy Council “approved solar retailers” in the country (and the only one in central Victoria) which is huge comfort to consumers.

*** Please note this is vastly different to holding a CEC membership ***

• Profitable business with no debt & thriving solar consumables sales website
  • Multiple A Grade Electricians supported by 7 apprentices
  • Substantial Off grid and hybrid design and installation experience
  • Trusted with large commercial installations by local government, hospitals, councils and statutory bodies
  • Great solutions for dairies and businesses that use loads of hot water
  • We come and see you. That’s what the pros do.
  • We provide real solutions as opposed to passively giving quotes
  • Accurate information supported by knowledge of 9 years in business

More detailed information:

Sunergy Solar and Batteries is a national company headquartered in Bendigo. We are a family owned business and proudly support the local communities in which we operate. Sunergy Solar and Batteries have 60 years of electrical contracting experience over three generations, plus vast commercial, off-grid and hybrid installation experience. We ship solar components Australia wide. Travel doesn’t bother us. Recently, our own crews have installed in Mildura, Myrtleford, into NSW and we regularly install in Shepparton, Echuca and Ballarat, as well as all around Central Victoria.

Our aim is to reduce your power bill by designing the right renewable energy system to meet your needs. These days solar solutions must encompass hot water, lighting and lifestyle. All systems are battery (hybrid) ready. Our Off-Grid experience is vast and our largest project to date is a cattle farm in the Gulf of Carpentaria that is 2/3 the size of Victoria.

We are large enough to undertake any size installation and small enough to care. Most of our staff come from another local Bendigo solar company and joined Sunergy as they were so disillusioned by their experience working for a sales-focused organisation.

Unlike Cowboys from interstate, high volume extreme pressure solar telephone sales or opportunistic door-knockers, we live and work in your community. You know where we work. We will see you in the supermarket, at schools and local events. We can comfortably look you in the eye with regards to how we conduct ourselves.

Sunergy Solar and Batteries is proud to be chosen for the MASH Community Solar program in the City of Greater Bendigo, Macedon Ranges Shire and Mount Alexander Shire. We have been chosen by MASH for each of the previous 3 years as well, being the solar installer at the end of MASH 1, performing off grid installations for MASH 2 and now MASH 3

Sunergy are also a preferred supplier of The Bendigo Sustainability Group. Sunergy were selected after The Bendigo Sustainability Group invited every known solar PV supplier in Central Victoria, plus 2 Melbourne based suppliers. The criteria consisted of offering good panels and inverters and the expectation that they will provide quality service to customers.

Sunergy Solar and Batteries ranked number one for overall customer satisfaction of all Victorian based solar companies and second nationally in the 2012 customer review poll conducted by solar energy consultants SunWiz. Sunergy also placed in the top five of all Australian solar companies for Value for Money, Installation, Customer Service and System Quality.

Sunergy Solar Solar Reviews

Sunergy solar use a very professional crew. They laid out the panels for the minimum effect of shading and all cable, conduits and miscellaneous electronic equipment were installed professionally. I worked in the electronic and electrical engineering industry and would Recommend Sunergy Solar to any prospective customers. Once again thanks Sunergy solar for an excellent job ???????? Show additional information
Danny the sales person was very helpful and knowledgeable. He suggested downsizing our solar system to a 4kW and installing a heat pump for hot water, to further reduce our electricity usage. He provided a decent discount and I was happy with the price after comparing with similar systems by other suppliers. The system was installed fairly quickly and without any issues. We had to wait some time for Powercor to inspect before the system could be turned on, but this is no fault of Sunergy.

All in all I had a very good experience with Sunergy, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install solar.
We were recommended by a recent Sunergy customer to contact them for a quote after being in touch with several other solar retailers. John was prompt in assessing our energy needs and provided a competitive quote that detailed quality components compared with other potential providers. John, Ana and the Crew from Sunergy were great to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. The installation process was very professional and we are thrilled with the results. We would recommend Sunergy to anyone contemplating an off grid solar energy solution.
Paul and Della
Korweinguboora
March 2018
To start with a sales person (qualified electrician/installer) offered to come out to the house to discuss an installation, free of charge, something a lot of companies will not do and will assess your site form Google Maps images only, something which I believe leaves you open if they turn up to install and there are issues they didn't foresee earlier and will charge for. With a person coming to my house we were able to sort out any potential issues, and design the system accordingly, leaving no nasty surprises on the install day, which ensured it all ran smoothly.

The installation team of four arrived at 9am on the dot as they said they would. They were fast, friendly and efficient, going out of there way and taking extra time to ensure the panels were not only installed correctly, but to visually be square and true to the lines of the roof. There were some issues with the roof sheeting, so unprompted the guys worked in socks on a hot tin roof all day to minimize those issues.

Price was very competitive with the larger companies, but definitely getting a better level of customer service and higher quality of engagement and professionalism. There is a definite feeling of safety in both the installation quality, and the aftermarket service should any issues arise.
After an initial delay waiting for hardware and setting an installation date everything ran like clockwork.
The crew did a great job, taking about 6 hrs start to finish. Inspection was booked that day and he rang less than 48 hrs later. Inspection done next morning (today) and passed. Now the system cranking out kWhs. Beaudy!!
Shane came out to give me a quote and gave a lot of good information which answered all my questions. He wasn't too pushy and was very friendly Show additional information
The sales and administration staff at the office right through to the team installing the system were always extremely helpful, friendly and efficient. This included answering "any dumb questions" without me ever feeling uncomfortable. The installation team were exceptional from the moment they arrived to the very finish. We have two small dogs (one totally blind) and they ensured that our pets were always safe during the time where they were in contact as this installation team set up the panels, installed the inverter and connected the system to the switchboard. They were just wonderful, and amazingly quick, in what was a very hot day (top temperature around 38 degrees in Bendigo that day). The Inspector also commented how good the job was on our installation - given to me without asking. It is always great to get "voluntary independent comments" on technical matters outside of my own expertise. Extra reassuring to first time customers. We could not be happier and continue to tell friends and family of our fantastic Sunergy experience. The follow up with the installation documents to add to our "Solar User Manual" provided by the installation team was also a pleasant surprise and made the Sunergy Customer Service experience another fantastic one for us. Show additional information
Excellent modeling prior to purchase, and met us personally to discuss the system Show additional information
Excellent service with informative in person interview. Show additional information
They were very professional from the start,friendly and helpful. Show additional information
Sunergy were prompt,professional,and supportive with the installation and good after sales service. Very Happy.
Another company I had spoken too about solar panels still haven't gotten back too me.
In the mean time Sunergy has given quote and installed system.
We have not received our first account from our supplier but the system is showing excellent readings.
Very satisfied with Sunergy, ummed and ahhed for a good few weeks to establish my options.
Shane was a very knowledgeable and friendly first contact with Sunergy..no pressure selling, just the facts.
Shane was flexible with my repeated changes whilst I procrastinated about what was right for our situation..lol..thanks for your patience, got there in the end.
Install was very professional and neat..inspection organised for a week later and we're up and running.
Can certainly recommend this company to those that live in the Bendigo region.....Go local.
You ask for more than a team that does what they say they will! Communication is excellent and support pre and post sale is unbeatable. Show additional information
Our priorities when deciding to install solar were to get a high quality system that was big enough to cope with future needs and the possible addition of batteries. We also had concerns about having an installation that was in keeping with our picturesque environment. Sunergy were able to reassure us at each step of the process and we felt comfortable that they knew exactly what they needed to do. The day of installation was extremely efficient and the work was carried out to a very high standard. The inspector who signed off on the system a week or so later, commented on what a neat job it was. Show additional information
I am absolutely thrilled with Sunergy (Bendigo) as a supplier and installer of my new solar energy system.
The product is of excellent quality; the price was very competitive but it is the level of professionalism and service that I am in awe of.
From the first contact with the office staff, then the owner and finally the installation staff, I have received the best and friendliest service you could ask for.
My connection turned out to be particularly difficult, but nothing was too much trouble for them.
I have no hesitation in recommending Sunergy (Bendigo) to anyone who is looking for a top quality product which is competitively priced and installed by outstanding and friendly installers....they are great.
I am enjoying all the benefits of my new system and am already planning to extend my system so that I am virtually off-grid with the grid as back-up only.
Naturally, any further work will be done by Sunergy.
We obtained 5 quotes in all. I was surprised at the number of suppliers who based a quote on a phone call, an address and a google earth image. I would not accept a quote without an onsite inspection. Show additional information
It is a busy and competitive market and it can be daunting in your search for the right provider. I went for someone who is local (Bendigo) and feel that if I have any issues it is not going to be difficult to speak or visit their offices. There was no hard sell and the Salesperson went through all the pro v cons of the systems available. I was looking for a system which will be easily connected to batteries in the future. Show additional information
Yes they were the only people who kept in contact with me after my initial enquiry they were also the only company who were honest enough to let me know the STC went up thus saving me $600 approx....I will be purchasing a battery from them to add to my 5kw system next year.....great people to do business with Show additional information
The salesperson (Shane) from Sunergy Solar was spot on on time and was very factual about equipment and the installation process. He was a pleasure to work with for my solar needs.

The installation crew were very professional looking as well as friendly. They got right to work and knocked it out in about 4 or so hours. They made sure the work areas were clean before they departed.

It currently waiting on a final inspection and a calibration between my solar system and my smart meter. This could occur in the next week for the inspection and sometime in the next month for the calibration (due to origin energy being slow).
The main reason for choosing Sunergy was that it was clear that the negatioated price was it, there was no added costs what so ever - price installed, where as one of the other competitor it was evident that there were extras over and above the quoted price. Show additional information
The sales staff were very good, no faults at all really.
we would email and get a response that evening at the latest.
The system was fitted quite quickly.
But powercore is the hold up, we are still waiting to be attached to the grid.
So can't comment on the system at this stage!
We are now awaiting for inspection and connection. Show additional information
I had one salesman who was quite blunt & to the point. The other salesman I found was trying to sell me everything other than solar panels.

In the end, the Sunergy team won my business by working through all the options & details from start to finish. The end product is great. It turns out I also brought a solar hot water service from them as well as we believe that this will be the most energy efficient & effective way of achieving what I want to get out of my renewable energy solution.
Received prompt response from Sunergy from initial request for a quote.

Salesman visited site and advised how the system would need to be sited on the roof for maximan benefit.
System installed when promised. Still awaiting for connection to the grid.

Of the other two quotes, one just rang and gave a price without finding out what I wanted and the other contacted me 2 weeks after my initial request and by then it was too late.
Sun Energy might have not been the cheapest but their customer service and installation was excellent.
If anyone asked us about Sun Energy we would give them the highest recommendation.
To get the best benefit from Solar, we went with a 2.74 because that is all the room I have for panels on the roof but Sunergy still applied the 'Seymour discount' they had running for the field day so that I could get the value for my budget of 7000 this included the Trilogy panels and sunnyboy converter
I found Tony very knowledgeable and patient with my questions that I took from your web site and he didn't mind me calling him to get information or ask questions
Although Sunergy doesn't get involved with the electricity retailer, they give you suggestions and I can recommend Diamond Energy as they only take care of Solar customers only and have good rates
The guys from Sunergy were very easy to talk to, provided bucket loads of information on all my questions and fully disclosed all information regarding their installation methods and cost structure which combined to make me very comfortable with selecting them as my supplier.
They also discussed how other suppliers cut costs and quality and where they could do the same but refuse to. Highly recommended.
Sales done through word of mouth mainly. Seems honest and down to earth. They were quite happy to explain everything step by step, as many times as required. Show additional information
Tony from Sunergy called me within half an hour of my request for solar quotes though your website. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and followed up the call with an email, and then another follow up phone call a couple days later. I asked Tony if he could price match an advertised special that I saw, and he did. Within a a few days of signing my contract with Tony, I received a confirmation letter from ETSA. Within 4 weeks, the solar panels were installed by Lovell Electricians. I am now waiting a few more weeks for ETSA to change over my meter.

I would not have considered Sunergy for my Solar if I had not been put in touch with this company through your website. I am extremely pleased with the sales, service, professionalism, and especially dealing with a local company. I have since recommended Sunergy to friends who have also had panels installed by Sunergy.

On another note, I did receive a very professional quote through Zen - another company recommended by solarquotes. By the time they could fit me in for a appointment for a quote, I had already committed to Sunergy. I would have considered going with Zen otherwise (despite a $1.5k price difference)
Sunenergy was the only one of the three who quoted, who actually quoted what I wanted. Their contact was knowledgeable but not pushy and listened to what was asked. He came and supervised the actual installation and ensured that I was across any details before they left. Calm, controlled and professional which is a pleasant change from nay suppliers. Show additional information
Sunergy was willing to provide updated technology which became available after our contract was signed. These improvements were made available at no extra cost. Similarly during installation each panel was earthed according to safety regulations which are still in their draft form. There was no obligation for them to do this.
Our installation was custom designed to prevent leaves being trapped and causing problems during the fire season. The result is a neat and effective. They kept in touch, responded to questions/concerns very promptly and provided outstanding service.
Installation was completed last week and performance has been pleasing but we are still waiting for ETSA to update our meter in the coming week.
It will be installed next week on the very day he allocated when first inspecting the premises. In fact he was prepared to install a week earlier but I had to put it back to the original day due to other commitments.

I am very happy that I am able to get a much bigger system for the money I was prepared to spend than with other quotes.

I feel that this guy may have erred on the low side in his quotes of output as others seem to say more for the same sized system. We will see who is correct.

I would like to have the opportunity to say more once I have used the system for a couple of months and can see what the results are in comparison to what I have been told.