SunPeople Reviews

About SunPeople, Solar Installers

SunPeople
Gold Partner
SunPeople is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 18 615 082 267  ABN active since 29 Sep 2016 | Sun People Pty Ltd
ACN: 615 082 267  ACN active since 29 Sep 2016 | Sun People Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 318378C Sun People Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,300 - $7,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

We’re local - part of the Illawarra community, so we’ll visit your household or business!

During this free consultation, we’ll get up the ladder, take a look at your roof and design the best system for you.

We have 12 years’ experience and training in the electrical and solar industry.

We will provide you with expert solar solutions by the best solar installers.

We offer a variety of products and services to suit your needs and your budget.

One of our specialists will design a cost-effective system ensuring the best savings for you and your family.

We will not sacrifice quality over quantity.

This is proven by our commitment to quality products and advice throughout and after the installation.

We back our products and services with guarantees and warranties.

We can help you reduce your environmental impact, by providing recyclable solar panels.

You will be saving the planet and reducing your carbon footprint at the same time.

SunPeople Solar Reviews

Good Value, Great Install

Happy with the quote from SunPeople, they even sharpened their pencil when I told them I had a better quote from another company. Decided to go with SunPeople because they are local, answered all my questions, provided good information on our options and didn't offer any "time limited" deals.

We had our installation within 3 weeks of paying our deposit and the install team turned up on time and ready to go. Completed the install in a single day, cleaned up after themselves and provided detailed instructions on how to use the system.

Slightly more painful dealing with AGL to get a new meter installed, would have been good if SunPeople looked after this but they don't offer this service. But they were helpful in quickly answering the questions I had after speaking to AGL.

Just had the smart meter installed 2 days ago, all working as expected.

Just on 2 months from initial enquiry with SolarQutoes to completed installation. Overall very happy with everything to get to this point.

Would certainly recommend SunPeople for a local Illawarra installation.

Great communication from Sun People

Salesperson was freindly, thorough & helpful. Communication regarding install was excellent. New meter to be installed this week. Happy to report on performance of system at a later date but would highly recommend Sun People. Show additional information

Great job from start to finish

Sales person showed up exactly when he said he would, gave us all the information we needed and explained everything thoroughly.

Installation was very efficient. On time, friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend Sun People.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your awesome review, it is greatly appreciated. Welcome to the SunPeople family!

The SunPeople Team

Great company to deal with

An employee actual came to my house for the quote. The quotes I received were for quality components. After I paid a deposit the solar system it was installed within two weeks. So from quote to installation was about 5 weeks

Hi Mick,

Thank you for choosing SunPeople, it has been a pleasure working with you.

The SunPeople Team

Good communication and professional manner.

Getting quotes and advices for our needs was great. Good clear communication. All process, from quote to connection, was smooth with high quality service.

Hi Sujin,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your review.

Thanks for choosing SunPeople!

Top Quality System and Installation

David Love from SunPeople surveyed the site and talked in detail about the layout and the installation process before giving me a quote. His presence on site meant that he was going to have a realistic understanding of the installation process and the effectiveness of the system. The SunPeople team members were very efficient, professional and polite during the installation. Everything went to plan and foreseeable issues were addressed on the day. Since the installation, the layout and design have proven to be perfect for the efficient generation of energy. We are VERY pleased with the system!

Hi Michael, Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with SunPeople, it was a pleasure to work with you.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Great company to deal with.

Great solar experience from yourself and both Companies that you recommended. Sunpeople got my business even though they were a little more expensive than my other quote. They are a local company and the whole process went without any hiccups. Highly recommended our 11.7kw system is working great and looks great. Thank you for your guidance.
Rgds John and Mel Crompton

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your review, John. Thank you for being a great customer!

Kind Regards.

A job well done.

The company was helpful and answered all my questions. The install was good and timely.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your review.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Fantastic customer service and installation

Sales quoting process was very good. Quotes from all providers were easy to understand and received within quoted time frames. The installation was done exactly when scheduled, in fact, quicker than we expected. The installation team completed the work on time and cleaned up all rubbish and packing materials. The customer service was fantastic and one of the reasons we chose Sun People. All information was provided without having to ask for it. They organised the grid connection and provided all necessary documentation, information and guidance needed to complete this.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it has been a pleasure to work with you. Welcome to the SunPeople family.

Thanks for choosing SunPeople.

Fantastic Illawarra Business

Very good company to deal with - Phil did our quote - he was very helpful and answered all our questions. He gave us a lot of options on all the different systems. Our installer, Sam was also great to deal with - professional and friendly - he was also very tidy. The office team were also very efficient. It is great to deal with a local company. I feel we are in good hands and I would highly recommend SunPeople.

Hi John,

We are pleased to receive such fantastic feedback from our customers. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Thank you for choosing SunPeople!

The SunPeople Team

Great personal service came onsite and spent 1 1/2 hours going through the installation. David Love co owner could not have done more to help

They came onsite and spent all day getting the installation ready by fitting brackets going into the roof space etc all done professionally

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Good Wollongong Installers

Nice people, efficient planning and installation, completed job with no fuss and on time

Thank you for choosing SunPeople Jeff, it was a pleasure working with you.
Your feedback is much appreciated!

SunPeople - Excellent Solar Installers

We found the whole process from start to finish to be faultless and very professional. I especially appreciated the prompt response to my enquiry, the home visit and assessment of both homes on the property. Costs and solar installation was clearly explained. The tradesmen were considerate and polite, kept us informed about what they were doing, turned up punctually at the times arranged. There was constant contact and followup from the office as well as wifi monitoring of the inverters to check that they were working properly. The changeover to solar was organised by SunPeople. Two homes and two different energy suppliers have now confirmed dates to come and make the changeover.

The whole job was smooth and caused little disruption to the households. We would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending SunPeople to anybody considering installing solar.

Thank you also Solar Quotes for finding SunPeople for us. It was a nightmare ringing various companies and talking to "remote" people about quoting for solar. You are providing sound recommendations and again your service was greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Adell Smith

Hi Adell,

Welcome to the SunPeople family. We are so pleased to receive such fantastic feedback from our customers. We look forward to hearing your results.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Best wishes,
The SunPeople team.

SunPeople, knowledgeable and trustworthy

Dave attended site, explained options as it is a difficult site with shading, prepared a very detailed quote, not just total price like others, happy to answer the mutlple phone calls and questions. Gave realisitic energy production numbers not overly optimisitc. Price was comaprable to others, other benfits is that they are a Illawarra based business, not a operating out of Sydney, Install was done quckly and professional, no issues with it at all, would recommed Sunpeople.

Hey Stuart,

We appreciate the kind words!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Quick, polite and efficient.

Quoting was quick and painless.
Installers arrived at exactly the time they said they would.
Follow up support has been fantastic.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. The team are happy to hear that you are pleased with your system, as well as the service provided.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,

Quick and Efficient

installation was excellent, high level of communication throughout process. The crew turned up on the day organised. The site was left clean and tidy both days

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with SunPeople.

We will be sure to share your feedback with our team.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns

Kind Regards,
Mark gave us all the specific information about our proposed system.
We visited the office of Solarpeople and spoke to the technical engineer. He answered all our questions and we were satisfied to proceed. We are looking forward to the installation in a couple of weeks.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the positive review! We love hearing from our customers - it looks like your system is performing well.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Great staff, quality installation.

They visited my house and the quoting process was smooth and detailed. My roof layout limited me from fitting a larger system but they worked with me extremely well to achieve the best outcome. The system finished up being 5.6kW with 17 panels installed.
The installation was done efficiently and professionally.
I had to arrange my own smartmeter to be installed but the wireless monitoring of the Fronius inverter was done by Sunpeople.
Overall I had a great experience and have recommended them to other people.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We thrive on this type of feedback, so I’ll be sure to pass this review off to the team.

Thanks so much for the positive review, and for recommending us to others.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns

Great installer

Sales quote was good.
Installation went well.
Customer service was excellent.
Arrange the grid connection after install.

Hi Anna,

Thank you or your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure working with you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.

very good installation

Sales Process -very good.
Installation -Polite Tidy.
Did not help with the grid connection

Hey Malcolm

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

We recognise your concerns and we are sorry about the grid connection issue, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to make this better.

Quality presentation & installation

Good people to deal with initially, but we have had no follow-up inquiries from them. We are still not on-line after a month, this being the fault of the electricity retailer. Just a quick call from them to see how we are doing would have been good.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with SunPeople! We have spoken with the staff at the SunPeople office, and Dyllan has since been in contact with you to follow up on how things are going.

We are glad to hear the system is performing well.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,
The system will be installed sometime in the first week of February so completing this is a bit premature.

The company visited our house, gave us a quote quickly and listened to our wants.

Hi Stephen,

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards

Great Service

While not necessarily the cheapest they listened to our needs and worked with us to sort out the best size system for our use. It is being installed right now.

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future. Kind Regards, Show additional information
Not the cheapest quote, only one to do site visit.
Good info provided so job will progress smoothly, as in changing switch board components for smart meter install, this will be completed before panel installation.
So far so good. To be installed mid Feb 2019.

Thanks for the review Matt, you must be looking forward to your installation!
Thanks for Choosing SunPeople

Hi Michael,

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.
Fantastic from the start.

Hi Emmerson,
Thank you for your review, we hope your system is running smoothly for you.
Most Definitely:
I have accepted a quotation from one of the three firms you suggested.
Of the other two; one were competitive with the chosen one, and were ethical, forthright in their presentation, and willing to adjust to my needs. However, they made no attempt to offer me a shade analysis; which only through your site, I knew about. They stated baldly, that they didn't offer that service.

Another; were indifferent, distinctly casual, vague in their offerings, and apparently not particularly interested in my business.

I also considered a quote from another installer; who did some electrical work for me earlier in ther year. While exceedingly competent; offering me the services of an Electrical Engineering graduate, they nonetheless were $3000 more expensive than the chosen firm, SunPeople.

Two other reputable firms supplied me with quotes based only on satellite pictures; but were not prepared to visit my premises without some commitment to considering their quotes.

I interviewed the principal at SunPeople in person; also, exhaustively by telephone. This person was satisfied to address all the questions on your "interview sheet" thoroughly, without qualification. I found the candour of his responses exceedingly helpful. The fact that this is a local firm played heavily on my decision making process. I will report back to you as the work proceeds.

I started this process as a "Solar Ingenue"; but through the medium of your website,acquired sufficient understanding to allow me to make an informed choice. I thank you sincerely, an am prepared to make a donation to your firm in acknowledgement of the assistance your site has provided me with. Every decision I have made has been informed by the knowledge and counsel you provided.

Thank You, Sir.
Owen

Many thanks Sir Owen Show additional information

Hi Karen,
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing SunPeople. We hope your system running smoothly.
It was a pleasure working with you.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the awesome review, we hope your system is working well for you.
Kind regards,

Hi Nigel, thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future. Kind regards Show additional information

Thank you for choosing SunPeople Ian, it was a pleasure working with you.
Your feedback is much appreciated.

Very Hot day - removal of old panels and installation of new panels within 2 hrs - no instruction to user.

Hi Rob, thank you for review. Boy, it was a hot day, that day. Sorry, we didn't have our instructions booklet available at the end of the install, they have been posted to you, so you will receive them shortly. Thank you for choosing SunPeople Show additional information
Very responsive. Workers were polite and engaging. Standard of work was good.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Sunpeople
We are very happy with the supply and installation. Sun people were the only company that came to the home to do a site quote. We had our system installed s month ago and they were very professional. Our calls were always answered or a call back within 30 minutes.

We have been waiting for over a month now our energy company to install smart meter and connect us which is very annoying but that has nothing to do with sun people

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Hopefully your smart meter is installed quickly. I can appreciate the wait can be frustrating.

Sunpeople

Thanks, Mark, we appreciate your review. And thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information
For the first time i meet with SunPeople I felt like I was a customer and not a number the feeling I got was one of trust and honesty.

Lovely feedback, thanks, Paul. Great to know we were able to make you feel good. Thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information
I felt the sales presentation was of a very high quality and included a brochure with various options I could compare in reaching a decision. Installing appeared to be very efficient and timely. Am grateful to SolarQuotes for such comprehensive assistance.

Sunpeople
Not installed yet due to still building house

Thanks for your review Adam, our Salesperson was very chuffed. Thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information
Dave from SunPeople went on the roof to work out the best panel array before quoting. The other quoting parties while very courteous did the quote from google maps. SunPeople sourced a 5kW European fronius inverter capable of exporting 400W more to grid. The other competitors didn’t do this. SunPeople offered Winaico 310 W panels cheaper than the Trina 300W Honey M and LG 300Neon 2 offered by other quoting parties. I rated the quality if the system as a 4 because I don’t have sunpower panels The installation crew were from the electrical contractor that worked in the same building that Sunpeople evolved from. Very good workmanship, courteous and quality fittings used in the installation. Other quoters selling point was they use their own installers. This was not an issue All penetrations and mountings were very neat. Sunpeople helped with the paperwork for connecting to grid extended warranty for the the inverter and panels. The biggest thing for me was I new nothing about solar apart from some research thanks to Solar Quotes. Going to quotation i found the installers seem to be product specific and not flexible to quote other gear. Sunpeople covered options provided by all the other quoters. Sunpeople encouraged me to call if there are any issues. It has been a good experience so for in my first installation with solarenergy.

Hi Geoff,

Sunpeople
They are fantastic. We are still waiting for the weather to clear up so the installation can be complete but so far they are a high quality company. The communication has been outstanding from the start. We have been given all information about what o expect before, during and after installation and they have followed it up with phone calls and emails to make sure we knew what is going on. Highly recommend Sunpeople and your website

Thanks, Emily, we appreciate your review.
Thanks for Choosing SunPeople
Supplier insisted on inspecting site and was good at explaining advantages and problems with various options.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Sunpeople

Thanks, for choosing SunPeople Tara, and thanks for your review. Show additional information
Very good service so far. Not installed as yet but has kept me up to date on expected installation time. Mid Nov expected. Only person to quote that actually got on our roof to measure up and have a look at area involved. Not the cheapest not the most expensive but am confident of good after sales service if required.

Thanks for the review Richard, we are always happy to hop up on the roof for a look and a measure, it ensures us that we are helping you to make the right decisions.
Thanks for choosing SunPeople.
The installation went smoothly. Sunpeople has their own installers. Therefore the installation done by qualified and professional installers. it is better to include everything you want in the first quotation. otherwise it will be bit pricey.

Thanks for your review, and thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information
We ended up going with Sun People, who are a local company in Oak Flats, NSW and were very impressed with the prompt initial onsite inspection and quote, fast installation and after sale service. We would highly recommend Sun People to anybody thinking of getting solar paneling installed.

Hi Geoff,

Sunpeople

Thanks for your review Ray, and thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information
The guy that came and gave us the quote, was confident and answered all of my questions. He suggested a couple of options and after speaking to them a couple of times on the phone, you get the impression they are a good company. Our system gets fitted Thurs. 6th of Sept.

Thanks, Glenn for your review, and thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information

Thanks for your review Adam, and thanks for choosing SunPeople. Show additional information

Thanks, Michael for your feedback Show additional information
Sun People provided amazing service. They have removed our old system so we can have the roof repaired. They are then coming back on another date to install the new system. Mark is professional and very knowledgeable and the installation team was quick and efficient.

Thanks so much, Dianna. We are very pleased you had a great experience with SunPeople, thanks for choosing us. Show additional information