SunPeople

SunPeople Reviews

We’re local - part of the Illawarra community, so we’ll visit your household or business!

During this free consultation, we’ll get up the ladder, take a look at your roof and design the best system for you.

We have 12 years’ experience and training in the electrical and solar industry.

We will provide you with expert solar solutions by the best solar installers.

We offer a variety of products and services to suit your needs and your budget.

One of our specialists will design a cost-effective system ensuring the best savings for you and your family.

We will not sacrifice quality over quantity.

This is proven by our commitment to quality products and advice throughout and after the installation.

We back our products and services with guarantees and warranties.

We can help you reduce your environmental impact, by providing recyclable solar panels.

You will be saving the planet and reducing your carbon footprint at the same time.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $7,300 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

SunPeople Reviews (85)

Informative and attentive service

Navigating solar quotes was difficult due to the large variation in approach and quotes. SunPeople were informative, helpful and frank at all times in the quoting process. The installation was seamless and after sales service exemplary.

Hi Megan

Great to hear you had such a positive experience with SunPeople. Thank you for your review.

Fantastic Company!

From Quote to installation I could not fault the team at Sun People. Nothing was a hassle! I highly recommend.

Hi Sally

We really appreciate such positive feedback. Thank you.

Top knotch team and customer service

Great customer service. Good range of options. Phil was thorough in his explanations. The installations team was efficient, fast and really lovely. Highly recommended.

Hi Colette

Thank you for the recommendation and review.

Great hassle free installation

The whole process was excellent from start to finish. I spoke to Dave who was very knowledgeable and responded with a quote very quickly. He also came and inspected or property prior to installation. The package was all quality and the organisation of the install was effortless. The crew were here early in the morning and were very professional, finishing the job in a few hours. The follow up from the administration crew was first class. I would recommend Sun People for a great hassle free installation.

Hi Ian

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate it.

Great customer service

Dealing with Sun People from the start was a very pleasant and painless process.
It was comforting to know that they had a shopfront and would be there if there was a problem in the future.
Their technical knowledge was competent and follow up customer service after the jobs completion was exceptional especially when we had trouble with our energy retailer and our FIT.

Hi Lance

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate the feedback.

Original Review on 08-08-2021:

3 phase and 4.8 KW extra of solar

3 Phase Aerial Upgrade + Meter Box Upgrade $3245

6.3kW Solar Package - LONGi LR4 450W + Sungrow 5kW Single Phase Inverter + Existing Tesla Gateway Re-Wire $5518

Hi Raymond

Thank you for the review.

8 months later we asked Raymond: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I now have 3 phase power distributing 16.4 KW to my home, my electric car, my tesla power wall and my public grid. I do not pay for power anymore and last quarter received a credit of $139.56 and am accumulating substantial credit. The installation with SunPeople is well worth it.

Amazing service from start to finish

From the initial quote through to the post installation support I have not been able to fault SunPeople.

The team were more than willing to answer any questions we had in the initial quote process.
The installation team were the most professional tradies I've had on site for a long time - they were polite, quiet, and clean - you would have hardly known they were here except for the drilling in the roof! They explained everything post installation and left us confident about our system.
The post installation support has been exceptional, they have checked in regularly and have again, answered any questions I've had promptly and accurately.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to have solar installed in the Illawarra.

Hi Laura

Thank you for the great review. Welcome to the SunPeople family.

Amazing people! Seamless Install!

SunPeople are amazing, I had such a lovely experience right from the start, a friend recommended I get them over to quote me on some solar and Andrew and the team were nothing but friendly and super helpful! Made sure I got a system that would suit my needs and at the best possible price.

Andrew explained different finance options that allowed me to get solar with a weekly/fortnightly or monthly payment rather than paying for it all upfront and that worked perfect for me.

Not long after I accepted the quote, the team had everything in motion and worked around the rainy weather to ensure I had everything installed as quickly and smoothly as possible and I couldn't be happier.

The drop I've seen on my power bill makes it all worth it and I only wish I had done it sooner.

If you're thinking about solar I would 100% recommend SunPeople!

Hi Lee

Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing review!

Original Review on 14-09-2021:

Excellent result; top quality installation

Dealing with Sun People was a pleasure, from the initial contact meeting right through to final installation and commissioning. We are delighted with the results. Original ratings

Hi Peter

Thank you for the 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate it!

The SunPeople Team

6 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Now 12 months in and the system has run faultlessly. Last bill was a credit. Only problem has been the unseasonably cloudy weather this summer :-(

Great service, great result!

The whole experience of dealing with Sun People, from the initial sales call and advice, through to the timely, minimal disruption (albeit complex) installation, was as good as it could have been. The most amazing part was that it was all commissioned and up and running literally 1 day before bad weather and an extended period of power outages. The back up battery, configured perfectly as agreed, meant that we had power through three multi-day outages almost back to back. If it hadn’t been for the new kit, working as designed, we would literally have had to live somewhere else for days. We couldn’t be more thrilled with our purchase!

Hi Keith

Thanks for the review, it has been a pleasure working with you!!

Fantastic service, beautiful installation and great results - We are very happy!

Hi Charlie

Thank you for your 5 star review and such positive feedback.

Beyond professional

Phil, from SunPeople, was very quick to reply and was more than happy to visit us at our home. His knowledge and obvious passion for what he does was clearly evident. He was patient in explaining the finer points about the install process and what our solar requirements would be. He also didn't sell us too large a system, nor did he upsell us on components that we didn't need. By comparing his quote with the others that we received we were able to back this up.

Come the install day, the team was on time, professional and cleaned up after themselves. Afterwards I inspected both the panels on the roof and the inverter on the wall and the workmanship was spot-on.

I've already recommended them to family and friends and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else who's in the market for a solar install.

Hi Jules

Thank you for the great review. Welcome to the SunPeople family.

SUN shine through

Having had previous experience dealing with SUN PEOPLE we ,Six Strata Villas had no hesitation in contracting
them once again.
When a Company is dealing with six independent owners it can sometimes prove a little difficult.
Not with SUN PEOPLE ,the six owners nominated one spokesperson who liased with the Company on a regular basis and the ,site inspections, quotes,installation and after sales followup was professional ,friendly and all owners were
fully satisfied.

It pays to deal with a local Company have face to face communication and be able to contact a person if there are any issues after installation.

Hi Mike

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating! Welcome to the SunPeople family.

From the initial site visit & quotation through to the installation. The communication, installation team were fantastic.
The solar system is fantastic already saving $ & helping the environment. Would highly recommend.

Hi Maria

Thank you for the great feedback & 5 star review. We really appreciate it!

Sun People Solar System

Sales was a combined effort through 6 of 8 Villas
Installation all good
Support after installation was good

Thanks so much for your kind words, Henry!

Solar installation

SunPeople were recommend to me and I'm happy I listened to the referral. SunPeople made the process of choosing and installing solar panels simple. I found the staff polite, knowledgeable and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to my family, friends and neighbours.

Hi Meg

Thank you for the 5 star review and wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it.

Easy as

Quoting processes was super easy. Dave came to my property and scoped out things I wouldn't have thought about. The installation itself was done with a minimum of fuss, two days, one for the frame and electrical rough in, and then another for the panel install and inverters, both sets of installers were punctual, polite, and they put up with my two dogs hassling them all day to play. When I do go forward in the future for batteries I will be using Sun People again.

Thanks so much for your kind words, Mark!

Sunpeople live up to their positive reputation.

None of the recommended installers offered a site visit. Two were eliminated from consideration because not close to job locations.
The installation was provided well ahead of time suggested. Installers arrived on time and completed the work very promptly and efficiently removing all excess packaging and materials. Were very polite and assisted wiith different inverter location.

Customer service has been very positive. One business owner visited site after I raised minor concern following installation. He explained hand over procedure was performed by company not installers. Staff have assisted with grid connection paperwork and I now await the installation of a smart meter by providers. Energy Australia allows a period of 15 working days following request for installation of smart meter?

We love receiving such wonderful feedback. Thank you!

Great customer service great products

We had our 10.14 kw system installed using fronius inverter and trina 390watt solar panels.
The Sun People were easy to deal with great customer service and we're able to better their price when we had a better deal from another solar company. The installer's did a great job, no damage to the property and took all there rubbish with them. I definitely recommend The Sun People from Oakflats. Also going with them kept the business local. Thanks guys great job 5 stars

Hi David

We love receiving such wonderful feedback. Thank you for your review and recommendation!

No issues so far!

Sales and quoting process was very good, first to respond and Phil was incredibly patient and there was no question he couldn't answer. Spent time at our house and was very transparent. Plenty of homework done post quotes and there were no surprises or conflicting information.
Installed over two days, team were very professional, proud of their work and easy to deal with.
Did have cheaper quotes but just felt we could trust them with the information they were providing.
Customer service was great, wouldn't hesitate to recommend. If my energy bill ends up as good as their service I will be very happy.

Hi Eric

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you choosing us for your solar installation.

We will be sure to pass this message on to each and every one of our team members.

Original Review on 25-11-2020:

Good Value, Great Install

Happy with the quote from SunPeople, they even sharpened their pencil when I told them I had a better quote from another company. Decided to go with SunPeople because they are local, answered all my questions, provided good information on our options and didn't offer any "time limited" deals.

We had our installation within 3 weeks of paying our deposit and the install team turned up on time and ready to go. Completed the install in a single day, cleaned up after themselves and provided detailed instructions on how to use the system.

Slightly more painful dealing with AGL to get a new meter installed, would have been good if SunPeople looked after this but they don't offer this service. But they were helpful in quickly answering the questions I had after speaking to AGL.

Just had the smart meter installed 2 days ago, all working as expected.

Just on 2 months from initial enquiry with SolarQutoes to completed installation. Overall very happy with everything to get to this point.

Would certainly recommend SunPeople for a local Illawarra installation.

Hi Mark,

Wow! Thank you so much for this review, we are glad to hear you are happy with how everything went.

It means a lot to us and to our entire team.

The SunPeople Team

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We've had the system for about 9 months now and it has worked perfectly the whole time, hasn't missed a beat and we're seeing the benefits of solar in our electricity bills. Or lack of. We haven't paid a bill since we've had the system installed, and now in winter we are seeing a lot of cloud and rain but even so, the credit from our summer months is going to cover our winter bills. Even using our ducted heating to get us through some of these cold, locked-down winter nights.

Very happy with our system and with SunPeople. Have recommended them to other family members who have also gone ahead and had them install systems as well. And they only have good things to say as well.

Thinking of going solar in the Illawarra? Go and talk to SunPeople!!

Original Review on 30-10-2020:

Great job from start to finish

Sales person showed up exactly when he said he would, gave us all the information we needed and explained everything thoroughly.

Installation was very efficient. On time, friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend Sun People.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your awesome review, it is greatly appreciated. Welcome to the SunPeople family!

The SunPeople Team

8 months later we asked Nathan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Have not had to pay a power bill since we got our first full bill with solar. We’ll worth the investment.

Great prompt professional service

Friendly professional staff, no complaints, enjoying our free energy thanks.

Hi James

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate it.

The SunPeople Team

Fantastic experience from start to finish

SunPeople has been great to work with from start to finish. Their consultant/specialist (Phil) visited our house for initial quoting and helped us pick the perfect system for our needs. Installation day came earlier than expected and everything was done in one day with the power going out only for a few brief minutes. The system had some minor issues in the first week, which were quickly addressed when I contacted their customer service.

Hi David,

Welcome to the SunPeople family.

Great Local company

Great service from start to finish
Would 100% recommend this company.
If you live in the Illawarra you’d be mad not to use a local business.

Hi Richie

Thank you for your fantastic feedback and review!
It was a pleasure working with you.

Original Review on 27-06-2020:

A job well done.

The company was helpful and answered all my questions. The install was good and timely. Original ratings

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your review.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

8 months later we asked Gregory: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All good weather permitting.

Very Professional Company

Sunpeople were recommended by friends.
Install completed yesterday, can't fault any part of the process thus far.
Sales prompt friendly and informative, install same completed in a day site left clean & tidy and received run through on operation.Installers polite friendly and thorough. Customer service has been great in touch straight away, kept informed of progress of order, equipment delivery & install dates.

Hi Reg,

We love hearing such positive feedback from our customers. Thank you for choosing SunPeople!

Great communication from Sun People

Salesperson was freindly, thorough & helpful. Communication regarding install was excellent. New meter to be installed this week. Happy to report on performance of system at a later date but would highly recommend Sun People.

Hi Brian,

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review! We look forward to hearing about your savings.

The SunPeople Team

Great company to deal with

An employee actual came to my house for the quote. The quotes I received were for quality components. After I paid a deposit the solar system it was installed within two weeks. So from quote to installation was about 5 weeks

Hi Mick,

Thank you for choosing SunPeople, it has been a pleasure working with you.

The SunPeople Team

Good communication and professional manner.

Getting quotes and advices for our needs was great. Good clear communication. All process, from quote to connection, was smooth with high quality service.

Hi Sujin,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your review.

Thanks for choosing SunPeople!

Original Review on 09-12-2019:

Top Quality System and Installation

David Love from SunPeople surveyed the site and talked in detail about the layout and the installation process before giving me a quote. His presence on site meant that he was going to have a realistic understanding of the installation process and the effectiveness of the system. The SunPeople team members were very efficient, professional and polite during the installation. Everything went to plan and foreseeable issues were addressed on the day. Since the installation, the layout and design have proven to be perfect for the efficient generation of energy. We are VERY pleased with the system! Original ratings

Hi Michael, Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with SunPeople, it was a pleasure to work with you.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

7 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very pleased with the system which has performed very well in the winter months. Buying the best components makes us feel we have future-proofed and will have a long-serving system. The system also helps to feed the charge of our electric car. The knowledge and skill of SunPeople in designing and installing an excellent system can't be overstated! We are very happy!

Great company to deal with.

Great solar experience from yourself and both Companies that you recommended. Sunpeople got my business even though they were a little more expensive than my other quote. They are a local company and the whole process went without any hiccups. Highly recommended our 11.7kw system is working great and looks great. Thank you for your guidance.
Rgds John and Mel Crompton

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your review, John. Thank you for being a great customer!

Kind Regards.

Fantastic customer service and installation

Sales quoting process was very good. Quotes from all providers were easy to understand and received within quoted time frames. The installation was done exactly when scheduled, in fact, quicker than we expected. The installation team completed the work on time and cleaned up all rubbish and packing materials. The customer service was fantastic and one of the reasons we chose Sun People. All information was provided without having to ask for it. They organised the grid connection and provided all necessary documentation, information and guidance needed to complete this.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it has been a pleasure to work with you. Welcome to the SunPeople family.

Thanks for choosing SunPeople.

Fantastic Illawarra Business

Very good company to deal with - Phil did our quote - he was very helpful and answered all our questions. He gave us a lot of options on all the different systems. Our installer, Sam was also great to deal with - professional and friendly - he was also very tidy. The office team were also very efficient. It is great to deal with a local company. I feel we are in good hands and I would highly recommend SunPeople.

Hi John,

We are pleased to receive such fantastic feedback from our customers. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Thank you for choosing SunPeople!

Original Review on 08-09-2019:

Great personal service came onsite and spent 1 1/2 hours going through the installation. David Love co owner could not have done more to help

They came onsite and spent all day getting the installation ready by fitting brackets going into the roof space etc all done professionally Original ratings

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.

8 months later we asked Dennis: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The solar system has been in operation for about a year now. It has been a wonderful addition to our home with all my electric bills being covered and now have a substantial credit on my Power bill. Would highly recommend SunPeople for a fantastic service.

Good Wollongong Installers

Nice people, efficient planning and installation, completed job with no fuss and on time

Thank you for choosing SunPeople Jeff, it was a pleasure working with you.
Your feedback is much appreciated!

SunPeople - Excellent Solar Installers

We found the whole process from start to finish to be faultless and very professional. I especially appreciated the prompt response to my enquiry, the home visit and assessment of both homes on the property. Costs and solar installation was clearly explained. The tradesmen were considerate and polite, kept us informed about what they were doing, turned up punctually at the times arranged. There was constant contact and followup from the office as well as wifi monitoring of the inverters to check that they were working properly. The changeover to solar was organised by SunPeople. Two homes and two different energy suppliers have now confirmed dates to come and make the changeover.

The whole job was smooth and caused little disruption to the households. We would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending SunPeople to anybody considering installing solar.

Thank you also Solar Quotes for finding SunPeople for us. It was a nightmare ringing various companies and talking to "remote" people about quoting for solar. You are providing sound recommendations and again your service was greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Adell Smith

Hi Adell,

Welcome to the SunPeople family. We are so pleased to receive such fantastic feedback from our customers. We look forward to hearing your results.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Best wishes,
The SunPeople team.

SunPeople, knowledgeable and trustworthy

Dave attended site, explained options as it is a difficult site with shading, prepared a very detailed quote, not just total price like others, happy to answer the mutlple phone calls and questions. Gave realisitic energy production numbers not overly optimisitc. Price was comaprable to others, other benfits is that they are a Illawarra based business, not a operating out of Sydney, Install was done quckly and professional, no issues with it at all, would recommed Sunpeople.

Hey Stuart,

We appreciate the kind words!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Quick, polite and efficient.

Quoting was quick and painless.
Installers arrived at exactly the time they said they would.
Follow up support has been fantastic.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. The team are happy to hear that you are pleased with your system, as well as the service provided.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,

Quick and Efficient

installation was excellent, high level of communication throughout process. The crew turned up on the day organised. The site was left clean and tidy both days

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with SunPeople.

We will be sure to share your feedback with our team.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns

Original Review on 13-04-2019:

Mark gave us all the specific information about our proposed system.
We visited the office of Solarpeople and spoke to the technical engineer. He answered all our questions and we were satisfied to proceed. We are looking forward to the installation in a couple of weeks.

Customer Service: N/A

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the positive review! We love hearing from our customers - it looks like your system is performing well.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

8 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has performed above my expectations. Our first bill with our new provider was a credit!

However, I understand that as there are more and more solar customers, the grid will be at the maximum 258VAC and this will on occasion shut down some the inverters. So, I wonder how efficient the solar system will be?

Great staff, quality installation.

They visited my house and the quoting process was smooth and detailed. My roof layout limited me from fitting a larger system but they worked with me extremely well to achieve the best outcome. The system finished up being 5.6kW with 17 panels installed.
The installation was done efficiently and professionally.
I had to arrange my own smartmeter to be installed but the wireless monitoring of the Fronius inverter was done by Sunpeople.
Overall I had a great experience and have recommended them to other people.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We thrive on this type of feedback, so I’ll be sure to pass this review off to the team.

Thanks so much for the positive review, and for recommending us to others.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns

Great installer

Sales quote was good.
Installation went well.
Customer service was excellent.
Arrange the grid connection after install.

Hi Anna,

Thank you or your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure working with you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.

very good installation

Sales Process -very good.
Installation -Polite Tidy.
Did not help with the grid connection

Hey Malcolm

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

We recognise your concerns and we are sorry about the grid connection issue, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to make this better.

Quality presentation & installation

Good people to deal with initially, but we have had no follow-up inquiries from them. We are still not on-line after a month, this being the fault of the electricity retailer. Just a quick call from them to see how we are doing would have been good.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with SunPeople! We have spoken with the staff at the SunPeople office, and Dyllan has since been in contact with you to follow up on how things are going.

We are glad to hear the system is performing well.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,

Original Review on 21-01-2019:

The system will be installed sometime in the first week of February so completing this is a bit premature.

The company visited our house, gave us a quote quickly and listened to our wants.

Hi Stephen,

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards

9 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has worked perfectly.

Great Service

While not necessarily the cheapest they listened to our needs and worked with us to sort out the best size system for our use. It is being installed right now.

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future. Kind Regards,

Original Review on 16-01-2019:

Not the cheapest quote, only one to do site visit.
Good info provided so job will progress smoothly, as in changing switch board components for smart meter install, this will be completed before panel installation.
So far so good. To be installed mid Feb 2019.

Installation: N/A

Thanks for the review Matt, you must be looking forward to your installation!
Thanks for Choosing SunPeople

8 months later we asked Matt: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

For the position of my house and what was quoted and forecast I am happy thus far.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.
Fantastic from the start.

Hi Emmerson,
Thank you for your review, we hope your system is running smoothly for you.