Sydney Air and Solar

Sydney Air and Solar Reviews

Sydney Air and Solar  is a Solar Power Installation business based in Peakhurst NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,500 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sydney Air and Solar Reviews (47)

Excellent job.

Service excellent and very pleased with the whole installation process and outcome.

Original Review on 07-10-2020:

Really good price, excellent installation

Sales and quoting process was excellent, providing good communication and feedback to questions etc and in the end really good price.

Installation people were really good pleasant, punctual, very helpful, explaned and set up the monitoring of the system.

Minor problems after the install with the grid connection, but this has been all sorted out, and resolved.

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has worked well, with no problems, has had the desired outcomes, om the financial side.

A pleasure to deal with.

Alex and his team at Sydney Air and Solar were a pleasure to deal with from the start. The company's director, Alex, is a CEC-accredited designer and installer. Not only did he come out for the initial consultation personally, but he designed a bespoke system and supervised the installation himself. He clearly knows his stuff. He was the most prompt and responsive of all those who quoted for us, and also the most price-competitive having regard to the quality of the panels and inverters her recommended. From initial quote to completed installation took only a few weeks. Sydney Air and Solar handled all the paperwork for solar credits, meter upgrades and the like promptly and efficiently. When I identified one glitch with our power that had occurred as a result of the installation, Alex came and fixed it personally the next morning. I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Excellent Service and System

It was really easy and straightforward dealing with Alex and his team for the solar installation. The price was competitive and service was excellent! The team left everything in pristine condition after the installation and there wasn't even one bit of rubbish that we had to attend to. Each step of the way, we were provided with clear information and instructions by Alex and his team. Very professional and would highly recommend this company.

Great system installed by a true trade partner

Living in a strata unit added some more legal complexity but Alex from Sydney Air & Solar and his team assisted with all aspects of what is for most people a brave new world.

They put a top-notch system on our roof in record time, friendly demeanour, and cleaned up after themselves.

I’m no expert but the quote seemed fair for the system and Alex explained everything well.

We’re now in the process (together) to establish the grid connection, then change our plan to a solar one and then look forward to the benefits for years.

A quality installation topped with excellent customer service.

Alex and the team at Sydney Air and Solar did an amazing job. From the initial call to the installation. Making sure I was happy with what was happening along the way. With a quick lead time from purchase to install I had my system up and running within two weeks.

When going through what system would suit me Alex explained everything and it all made sense. From why the system size he selected to what inverter would be best for our home I knew I wasn't getting a scripted sales pitch. Alex knows what he's talking about. He won't sell you on something you don't need.

Having Alex with his previous aircraft engineering experience I knew I was in safe hands. With all the wiring done to an exceptional quality I doubt I'll ever have an issue with the install. Now to enjoy all that free power.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Easy process, Awesome people and attention to detail!

Dealing with Alex and all the staff at Sydney Air & Solar was a pleasure!
With possibly a slightly more unorthodox installation Alex recommended the best way to proceed based on the site, my requirements and also was able to remain budget conscious.
Installation proceeded without issue and was completed in a timely manner and with a very high level of attention to detail. All rubbish was removed and they left the site clean and tidy!
I can highly recommend Alex and staff to anyone looking for a solar install!

6 months later we asked Anthony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes! bills have reduced to approx what I expected and in some cases a lot cheaper.
I am hoping to expand with batteries in the near future.

The Best!

From the start of the Quotation process right through to the installation and beyond, we have the highest praise for Sydney Air and Solar. Their Customer Service is second to none. The quotation was done professionally and efficiently by Alex, and the installation of our Solar System, was handled brilliantly by their expert installation team. We were very impressed by the entire team's work ethic and would have no hesitation in recommending them to prospective customers.

Excellent job

Very pleased with our installation by Sydney Air and Solar. They took the time to discuss the best options for our circumstances and talked us through the process. Communication was good throughout. Installation was excellent, neat and very professional. System is working well as expected. I'd thoroughly recommend Sydney Air and Solar.

Very professional and excellent customer service.

If you’re after no nonsense solar installer look no further. Alex the owner is very knowledgeable about all the technology around the industry. They will give an accurate quote and are very attentive to details in their installation process.
I highly recommend Sydney Air and Solar.

Excellent Work

The unit is performing to capacity expected, installed by first class tradesmen who work hard and with safety always the major concern. All components used as described in quote, reasons why they were used fully explained .Very pleased to have chosen this company, Site examined for maximum use of panels and place left clean and tidy, everybody we contacted were pleasant to deal with all the time. Would recommend this company for your solar

Professional and Very High Quality Solar Solutions

Very happy and impressed with our Solar install by Sydney Air and Solar. Aleks and the team were very professional, honest and customer focused. They were proactive and a pleasure to deal with. They provided great advice and answered my many questions about the competing technologies to provide the best system for my house. Aleks came out and inspected my house to ensure the best tailored solution for our house/outlook/shade profile. He also came out during the installation to oversee the work which was a little complicated but conducted quickly and efficiently. A well tuned outfit who care about the systems they install. The team also provided amazing backup service and updates on next steps with the electricity provider. I highly recommend Sydney Air and Solar and intend to use them again to install another system for my holiday home.

100% Satisfied from start to finish

From the start with getting advise on the best option for my needs, to delivering and installing a great system, the team at Sydney Air and Solar were fantastic.

I had been toiling with the idea of getting a solar system for some time, and getting a lot of salesmen trying to sell a system, it was breath of fresh air to talk to someone who was passionate and was able to advise on a system best for me (without the BS!).
The installation was done without fuss even though they were faced with some challenges truly professional workers!

Really happy with the system and surprised with how well it is performing.

Vinosa review

Whole process was explained in detail and was aligned to customers specific circumstances
Installation was well planned and speedy in installation
All staff involved were professional and courteous
Follow up was timely and useful

Great customer service and amazing system

From end to end the process was seamless, Alex and his team provided support and answered all my queries.

Installation was great, the team was on time and didn't leave until the system was installed, minor hiccups were sorted immediately by Alex

Very happy with the setup and quality of the system

Highly recommend Sydney Air and Solar

Excellence delivered easy.

From initial contact to quote was super easy and options were discussed. Once I decided what I wanted they set an installation date. The team turned up on that day and installed the whole 10kw system and an air conditioning unit.
They showed me how everything worked, cleaned up after themselves, packed up and left. They called me to see how everything was a few days later. Could not be happier.
An excellent company.

Very High Standards

Getting solar installed was something I always wanted to do. However, being an aircraft engineer, my standards are very high and my expectation is for things to be done perfectly. So finding the correct company to reach these standards was extremely important for me. This saw the process of installing solar drag on.

Sydney Air and Solar was recommended to me by a trusted friend. From the time I contacted Sandy with my details and then going through the quoting process with Aleks, everything felt right. Aleks discussed my requirements and managed to maximise the power output from my limited roof space. I could tell that Aleks was knowledgeable and was selling quality products. He provided me estimates of savings on my bill and after receiving a few bills, these savings estimates were spot on.

The installation process was carried out on time and professionally. I was constantly looking over the installer's shoulders and was extremely satisfied with the quality of their workmanship. It was also satisfying seeing the person that provided me the quote was actually involved in the installation too. Aleks also spent the time to explain to me in detail about the system operation and the safety shutoff procedure.

Following the installation, the required paperwork was completed by Sandy and forwarded to my energy provider. It was a seamless procedure having the solar connected to the grid.

I believe the best way to endorse a business is to recommend them to family and friends, and that's what I've been doing. I can't recommend Aleks and his team highly enough.

Very Professional and Friendly Team

Thank you Sydney Solar for an outstanding job on my solar panel installation. We are very happy with the all team from sales to installation. The solar panels is saving us a huge amount of money in power bills.

Extremely satisfied - right decision made

I spent a good deal of time researching systems and installations and I found some to be quite confusing or not quite as the seemed on paper. Alex and Sandy laid it out very well, with all of the information I needed.

Alex was the only installer to actually come out and inspect the premises to provide the quote and to ensure any bugs were sorted out before the job was started.

They were on time, quick and the post installation service was great.

It really took the guess work out the process.

Excellent!

Totally professional installation and customer service. Excellent panels and superior service.

Professional Installers and Quality Product

Sydney Air and Solar were a pleasure to deal with. Sandy in the office was a great communicator and Alex and his team were professional on site and did a very tidy installation job. The system is working a treat!

Professional and friendly team

The team at Sydney air and solar were a great company to deal with throughout the process of having solar installed.

Sandy and Alek were always clear in communicating and open in discussions about what was the right approach for the design for my property, with the entire solar market full of info the pre sales conversation was great.

The team on install day were professional, detailed and meticulous in their installation making a continual effort to ensure the install blended into the house and securely installed without having unnecessary cabling being exposed on the side of the house.

The team took the time to walk through the setup, how it all worked and openly chatted about the setup as I'm a little technically obsessed so was a great experience

The after install communication was also great so getting it all setup with our provider was a breeze and much easier than expected.

Thanks to Alek, Sandy and the team there, couldn't be more happy with the result.

the follow up and the checking the system is working properly.

The installation was very fast and the workmen cleaned up the location.

7.7 kw Q cell & SMA inverter sola PV

We are pretty stoked with our new solar system. Got some great design advice from Alex to split up the system into two banks east and west. It makes power from 6 am to 730 pm in summer. Averages around 30kwh per day. Yesterday we did 38kwh. Average bill on coal was 29kwh so quite pleased. Good for us and the environment so it’s a no brainer really.

The instal guys worked hard and fitted us in around some bigger jobs before Christmas so we were grateful for that. They were clean always polite despite the terrible heat and seemed to know their job really well. I am pleased with the panels and inverter installation wiring is really neat. Great job.

Overall the whole team was excellent from start to finish. Sandy gave me all equipment specs I asked for. They are a professional bunch and I would certainly recommend them to people I know. Thanks Alex and the whole team. Much appreciated.

Professional; knowledgeable; and above all, very competent.

Having experienced a wide spectrum with respect to electrical workmanship, I am happy to say Sydney Air and Solar can be held in high regard. The team are professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and receptive to client requirements and constraints. The system installed at my residence was well designed and installed with a high attention to detail in mind. I can honestly say one could recommend their services with a clear conscience. Lastly, I must recognise how instrumental this website was with respect to putting them in contact with myself via the quote request process.

Great advice, a fantastic install team and friendly, professional customer service .

Alex lead us through the solar process with professionalism and offered great advice to make sure we made the best decision for our situation. The installation team were on time and did a great job. Everything ran very smoothly and the customer service was fantastic. Very happy with our system.

Sydney Air & Solar - Highly Recommended - Excellent Customer Service

Excellent service from Sandy, Alex and the installation team. Sandy was very prompt in answering any questions and providing numerous quotes on various options - full marks for friendly helpful and extremely efficient service. Alex discussed various options without any sales pressure. The installation team were very professional, polite and tidy in their work. Alex inspected the installation personally. Alex and Sandy also organised the paperwork for the new meter fitment. We would recommend this company extremely highly.

Quick Sales, Good Communication, Quality Installation

Was a smooth process to get the quotes to the actual installation. They also serviced my air conditioner on the same day too which is a bonus.

Great response, professional, and fast

So happy with Sydney Air and Solar. I looked through the reviews here on Solarquotes and the reviews for Sydney Air and Solar really stood out so I chose to go with them even though they weren’t one of the three recommended to me.

The sales process was easy with Sandy and Alex. No hard sell and a great price offered, very easy to deal with.

Sandy was so organised and fast! Everything was organised within 2 days and a time booked within a week for the installation.

Alex and the Installation team were great. Very professional. They were great to talk to, tidy, and it was like our solar panels just appeared on our roof from nowhere. Didn’t even know they were at our house!

They have helped connect us to the grid and Alex was back the next day to check in. Couldn’t be happier that we chose Sydney Air and Solar!

Excellent customer service

From the first call to the final completion of installation Sydney Air and Solar provided excellent customer service.
Alek took the time to talk me through the quote over the phone, then completed an onsite visit to review the job and listed to all of our questions and concerns.
Installation day; the team were on time, they took time to understand our requirements and came up with better solutions to some of the more challenging aspects of the installation. The work was completed quickly and thoroughly and the team cleaned up.
Alek and Sandy ensured we were completely happy post installation and worked with Enphase to clear up an error on the app.
Very happy with our choice to go with Sydney Air and Solar and would highly recommend them.

Highly recommended

Had already got quotes when I contacted Solar Quotes - they gave me the name of Sydney Air and Solar - Alex and Sandy were efficient giving me a quote, they then followed that up and answered all our questions. Once we agreed to a price they installed the panels and inverter within 10 days. I was very happy with the quote and installation. The team worked very hard all day and were very efficient with no mess afterwards. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Excellent Service and great looking panels

The sales process and service was excellent, and the installers were friendly and professional.

Great job

We did research before ,then contacted solarquotes, they gave us 3 company but before contacting them we read all we could on internet picked panels &inverter very important to know the products around,got quotes ,then Alex air sydney solar came we asked ALL the questions and got answers in full clear chose them no regrets great team installed,
Day of fitting arrived on time very good each knows his job and work well together never stopped till it was up and running very pleasant people all around ,after they keep in touch
Give 10 years on work, give them a try you will not be disappointed

Highly competent Installer

Sydney Air and Solar came recommended to me via a work colleague. I wasn't disappointed.

From the get go the process was smooth. Alex took the time to get on the roof with me and worked out exactly the best locations for the panels and cabling. Come install day, the plan was executed perfectly. 6 people on-site, on time, to install 27 panels, enphase micro inverters and monitoring gear. All done in one day. All rubbish removed, they even used a leaf blower to get rid of any metal fragments on our tin roof.

The system works as advertised, exceeding my expectations.

From what I can gather this is a small family business run competently. The back office staff were attentive and timely. I get the feeling I will be looked after should any post install issues present.

Highly recommended!

From initial contact Alex and his team were extremely professional, courteous and helpful.
I had previously avoided getting Solar installed due to the perception of the solar industry being about aggressive sales tactics, confusing payment schemes and no follow up service.
My experience with Sydney Air and Solar could not have been further from that expectation. Alex worked with me and suggested several options that would suit my needs at a price/quality point that I was comfortable with - and there was never any pressure to commit to or sign anything until I was completely satisfied.

The installation was very smooth, with Alex’s team being extremely efficient, polite and meticulous with their work.

Alex has been in regular contact since installation, checking in on my system performance and answering questions for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Sydney Air and Solar.

Thanks.

Sydney Air and Solar highly recommended

The overall experience from the first conversation to the completion of installation was very pleasant and professional. Choosing a solar installer can be an overwhelming process considering the number of businesses that offer the same services, but not so many to the same level as these guys do. After my first conversation with Alex, I had my mind made up, as to who I will go with and had no doubts since.

The installation was smooth and very professional. Guys showed up as scheduled on the dot, and looked very confident in what they are doing. Job was completed on the same day, and they left the site neat and tidy.

Alex made a follow up call the next day to ensure the system is running as expected,

Sydney Air & Solar is a small family owned business that I would absolutely recommend to everyone considering going Solar.

Solid system. Minor hiccups.

Very good early sales inquiry interactions. System was quoted based on considering my requirements and all questions answered promptly.

On-site, we discovered panels wouldn't fit where initially planned so I have a few more panels facing SE than I originally hoped for which drops the achievable output by about 150W on average I suspect.

Installation was a little bumpy, but nothing too significant. Punctual start, polite. The rooftop installers seemed to slow down when their boss left so the system wasn't complete before dark though. Activation had to be confirmed the following day with sunlight. Then there was also some issues with the CT clamps and grid profile that required two further visits. My address was also wrong on paperwork and on CCEW forms.

After all that, system has been producing well and coping well with shading. I do get a lot of clipping (10am-3pm in late Sept, I imagine worse in Summer) due to the large panel pairing but I asked for that pairing so it's on me.

One thing I wish was done prior was a survey of the phases in use. I have a three phase house and the panels are only attached to two phases. The third phase has the lowest voltage and I'm now seeing high-voltage dropouts at 258V on one of the other phases. Currently chasing this up with Ausgrid.

So professional and helpful.

I couldn't fault Sydney Solar and Air. They were so helpful, reliable, good value and quality products. They gave me peace of mind as it is overwhelming out there with solar, trying to work out who you can trust and what is good quality. Thank you Sydney Solar and Air for everything!

Excellent service, communication and attention to detail

I was very happy with the company I chose to install my solar system. They were happy to install an unfamiliar product, investigated it thoroughly, and trouble shot effectively. Installers arrived on time, were friendly and tidy, and completed the same day. Communication with a problem with the inverter has been excellent.

A very professional installation!

We had a great experience with Sydney Air and Solar. Great communication with both Aleks and Sandy and a professional crew who came to do the install. 28 panels with a string inverter meant a fairly large install job which was split over two days due to some rain. The install crew had no hesitation in pulling the plug on the job when it was interrupted due some light rain and clearly rated their own safety above the desire to get the job done. Sandy was very prompt in re-scheduling the crew to finish off within 4 days. Job site left neat and tidy upon completion.

Overall a great install from quoting and fine tuning options through to install.

A decent price for high quality brands also helped.

Highly recommended.

Great Service!

Both Sandy and Alek were amazing during the whole process, from quoting, to explanations, to brain storming options, to installation, to follow up. I went with them because of the service and competitive price (as you can get the same/similar products from most suppliers). A lot of companies only do phone quotes where as Alek came out and spent time explaining options and thoughts. I would definitely recommend, and will to my friends looking, Sydney Air and Solar.

Very impressed and happy with the installation and the whole process from quote through to operation.

We went with the REC 370 panels (22) and individual inverters and I have to say we could not be happier. Alex saw it through from sales pitch to installation and his team were polite, professional and proactive. We have an old Victorian house with some challenges and they worked with us to satisfy our requirements on placement, visibility, access etc to end up with a system that suits our needs and works better than expected.

Alex and his team were professional, polite, punctual and took the time to explain all the options and cater for all our queries and requests. We were very impressed. Completely tidy and clean before switching on and handover.

Sydney Air and Solar - highly recommended!

We had a great experience with Sydney Air and Solar with our new micro-inverter solar system.

They have a great team who worked together to make the quote process, answering our endless questions, the installation itself, and the post-installation service to be a painless, efficient and easy process. We were very impressed with the level of attention to detail, and the care taken to ensure that we were completely happy with the result.

We highly recommend them to you.

Solar Made Simple

Going Solar is challenging as it is very hard to easily compare Quotes, so many variations in size, panel and Inverter quality. Alex was great and willingly revised his quote numerous times in order to optimize system and price and taking into account suggestions and features from other quotes. His communication was great and he was the first to make contact and complete a site visit within 2 days of submitting to Solar quotes. Follow-up was very good and once I had made a decision, Friday, his team was installing the following Wednesday and completed on Thursday.

He then followed up to complete paperwork and ensure system was operating as expected. Further follow-up after 2 weeks to ensure I was happy.
Sydney Air & Solar is a small outfit compared to many however I would absolutely recommend them if you are considering going Solar.

A Quality Installation

From the minute I contacted Sydney Air and Solar, I felt comfortable and with the level of detail provided and overall customer care. Aleks had come recommended to me by previous client's of his.
The Quotation process was smooth and efficient with any questions I had, answered in a timely manner. I had previously already acquired two other quotes that were comparable with slight variations in product offerings. (all quotes supplied were from SolarQuotes recommended suppliers). I chose to go with Aleks and his team from Sydney Air and Solar because of his attention to detail, and the fact he said very early on in the process, that he will only install quality products with proven track records, and if I was after a cheap system like regularly advertised on TV, he was not my guy!

The fact Aleks was very honest with me gave me confidence.
The installation process went smoothly with Aleks and his team arriving on time. The installation team came well prepared for the task which had it's challenges, with a steep driveway up to a double story installation. I was pleased to see the attention to detail and focus on safety displayed by his team at all times.

After the installation, Aleks was more than happy to spend time with me to ensure I was comfortable with the process, and helped setup my all important monitoring apps. All associated paperwork and grid connection steps were explained in detail to me prior to leaving.

Professional outfit.

I had a good idea of my requirements prior to the quote.
Quote process was great with various selections of panel and inverter systems provided.
Price was excellent and very competitive.
Work was done safely and neatly. No rubbish left behind.

Very happy with the work done.

Installer - Professional with workmanship top shelf

Extremely professional, sales process was simple but detailed. Workmanship and finish was exceptional. Very easy to work with. Communication was solid, installation was on time and on budget