• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

Company seemed a bit confused overall - confused as to where the panels should go, confused as to where the electrician is, confused as whether the job was complete and confused with when they where going to pitch up. However they were our cheapest quote and the people I dealt with were friendly. Lacking communication between themselves was where they fell short. The job was done in the end. Show additional information
Technaus we're the quickest to respond to my enquiry and we're the best priced from the outset with high quality components. Lee was very thorough and patient with all my questions. and his professionalism was great. Other installers also quoted, one very high pressure and will match any quote but wouldn't leave a price unless we would buy on the day? another was also very competitive but we felt more comfortable with Lee's knowledge and Technaus.

Would highly recommend this company. Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to review our services, we appreciate your business and positive feedback Show additional information
The initial contact with Lee was great up until the order was placed. Then the wheels fell off.
They installed the wrong inverter
Returned the next day to install the correct inverter.
The installer did not know how to set up the WiFi.
New paperwork was not supplied with correct inverter on for warranty purposes
Serial numbers were not supplied for warranty purposes.
Despite many e mails to correct the above NONE of the above has been rectified.
Definetely would not recommend this company.
Next step is Consumer Affairs.

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your critique of our service - we have reviewed in detail your experience with us and acknowledge that there was an initial issue with the equipment sent to your property, due to an administrative error. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused and have used your feedback to further improve our service. As you mentioned, this was rectified promptly the following day. In regard to the other aspects of your review, in fairness to us, I don’t believe there are grounds for complaint.
Warranty documents were emailed within the week of completion. When you contacted our rep to advise that you were having difficulty setting up wifi, he made an apointment to attend your property the following day and arrived on time, but no one one answered the door. He then rang your phone, left a msg and waited for 10 minutes, then left his card on your door. We have since confirmed with the inverters manufacture that the wifi on your unit is enabled and operational.
If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly at our office
Jason sold us our system, he explained everything clearly and everything happened the way he said in the time frame that was quoted, even finishing the installation a day early.
We choose the Trina panels with a Fronius inverter. We would have no hesitation in recommending Technaus to anyone and everyone. Great job guys it looks fantastic, just waiting now to be hooked into the grid how exciting.

Hi Sue and Lyn,

Absolutely a pleasure doing business with you, and I am glad the system is in as per the plan.
Thank you for your vote of confidence thus far.
Should you need any assistance moving forward, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Jason Gowans - Technaus VIC State Manager
Of the three vendors provided by Solar Quotes, Technaus repsonded the quickest and went out of there way to get my business. They made initial contact within 24hrs of me raising the enquiry. I was going away before the next time the rep was in my area so he made a special trip down to get my business. (we are rural) The system recommendationa and price was in line with our expectations.
However, order was made on the 15/9 and application to Western Power was made next day.Western Power still havent been, but I thought Technaus may have been following up and letting me know what is going on.
Technaus have been to site check the installation
From a good start they are slowly dropping down the customer service rating, although I know the delay in meter change is not their fault.

Thanks for the business and your feedback Peter. Much appreciated.

The guys rocked up on time and did a great job. The system is producing way more power than they told me it would. Best price, best quality, best service. Definitely recommend technaus to anybody

Technaus Solar are very happy that you are satisfied with your new Solar system. Thankyou for doing business with us. Show additional information

Thank you for your positive review Gai, we appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the savings on your energy bill Show additional information
I had to chase them for an installation, they took longer to install than indicated, but they did install when they said they would and they came back to complete it when they said they would. Overall a good experience, I’d recommend them, still to see how effective they are, only completed the job today. Show additional information
System not installed yet but all seems its going to happen very soon Show additional information
The sales person was very good but then it went downhill from there. This company has very poor communication skills amongst all their staff. When we struck issues eg tile going through the ceiling, the approach from staff was rude and aggressive. The tradesperson who fixed the ceiling did a fantastic job. We were not treated very well when we had problems with the WIFI, warranty extension set-up and the IT specialist, technician made us and the sales representative feel like idiots. The installers didn't even know where to put the solar panels? They asked me where I wanted them placed and I explained that they should know themselves where the best position was due to their supposedly expertise.

Hi,
While it is regrettable that there was an issue during installation, this was rectified promptly and professionally with no expense spared. At the customers request the ceiling of an entire room was repainted and made better than new.
In regard to the installers confirming locations prior to starting work, this is a standard procedure and good work practise to ensure there is no confusion and that there will be no issues at handover.
While setup of wifi and warranty registration is not a standard service (as it needs to be registered from clients personal email account) as a gesture of good will, we send our representative out to assist with this.
My sincere apologies that our service did not meet your expectations. If you require any assistance in future please feel free to contact me directly at our office.
Steve Gunton
State Manager
Overall the whole process went well including installation and i was happy with everything. I didn't like the customer service and how they handled themselves before the installation.
The negative:
1. I was promised 4 weeks for installation and had to wait 7-8 weeks, due to them being extremely busy.
2. They sent an external installer to do the job and never stated anything. (this external installer did a good job).
3. Slow to respond and a little unorganized with the scheduling of the installations.

The positive:
1. Good competitive overall pricing.
2. Great Technical advice.
3. Excellent product quality.

In conclusions I would recommend this installer. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for your feedback and Technaus thank you for doing business with us. Show additional information
Technaus beat all other installers by price hands down. Even with them supplying the top inverter as well as above average panels. They also installed before the promised date and had it all up and running within 3 and a half weeks. What more could you ask for?

Thankyou for your review. It was a pleasure to do business with you. Show additional information
installed system ok but no help with monitoring coms

Thanks for your review, we will be in touch to discuss your monitoring coms Show additional information
The technaus sales rep visited our house which gave us confidence that we would not be up for any surprises. They said the install will be done within 4 weeks which they honoured and a inspection was carried out the next day which picked up a fault with the install. This was rectified and the system has been running without an issue since.
We are still in the process of connecting with our electrical supplier.

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to have been able to assist you with your Solar. Show additional information
The installation started at 815 and at 445 (26 panels) we were advised they'd have to come back another day to install the smart meter although when they first arrived we were advised apoorximalty 4 hours.

Other than the timing every thing else ran smoothly

We are sorry that there was a delay in your installation. Thank you for doing business with us. Show additional information
After getting door to door salespeople and other solar companies calling to pressure you into buying cheap solar systems for more than the price of the best, I got hold of Lee Proctor from Technaus solar! Lee was very professional and easy to talk with, explaining everything we had asked him with no hesitations or hurdles and backed up what he said with real facts! The whole process was very easy and we were non pressured into anything we didnt feel comfortable with, and Lee was very quick to get back to me with returning calls and messages. Make the right choice the first time, don't get caught in solar scams......You will get the best products that will give you real savings. Can't be any happier with our new solar system! Highly recommend Lee Proctor and his dedicated professionalism to anyone

Thank you for you review. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our company and our sales consultant Lee. Was a pleasure doing business with you. Show additional information
It is difficult to the above questions as this the first time I have had any exposure to dealing with solar equipment. the quality seems okay, but who knows what happens in the future. The installers where in a hurry to go and we did not have a detailed handover. felt pressured in signing of on installation because of time. The system seems to be working okay. The inverter( Fronius) is noisy when it is operating during the day, I did not expect that.

Thanyou for your review, we are glad to have been able to help you with your Solar. Show additional information
Very happy with the overall package and installation. Yvonne is very approachable and friendly person. Was originally quoted on 15 panels but opted for 16 at the last minute which was sorted without hassle. Installation was quick and professional, with a full run through of the system and the isolations. Very pleased overall, wish i got solar years ago.

Thankyou for your review. We are very happy to have been able to assist you and we are glad that you are happy with your Solar. Thank you Show additional information
I had been looking for a system for some time and my interest was reignited by a pushy sales guy at the door (I forget which company) offering a system that wouldn't cost anymore than I was currently spending on my electricity bill. it was quite pressured warning me the rebate was about to end but I could apply THEN AND THERE and lock it in "if it was still available". it was soon evident the system was $3000-$4000 more expensive than a comparable 4Kw system.
I did some research and got some quotes through Solar Quotes, Technaus were one of the quickest to respond and the best price from the start, several companies sent much higher quotes but promised to beat any written quote but I like to reward the people who put the work into keeping prices low.
The Technaus sales team were great, no pressure at all, changed the spec several times for me. and gave me a system that I was after (Fronius/Canadian Solar). the installation was smooth and as scheduled, no unexpected costs and almost no paperwork, they take care of everything!

If I could start again knowing what I know now I'd install a larger system (I'm already looking at adding an additional 1 Kw) but apart from that i'd do it all again no problem.

I have no hesitations in recommending Technaus to friends

We are very happy that you are satisfied with your Solar package. Thank your for doing business with us. Show additional information
I had a great experience through Yvonne when looking at options and buying a new solar panel system for my first new home. I was surprised on the day of install to have been given an upgrade so can't complain! I can't wait to start having cheaper electricity bills!

Thank you for your review. Technaus are very pleased that you are happy with our service and our consultant Yvonne too. Show additional information
Steve from Technaus was very helpful, and agreed to install the particular panels I wanted, even though they weren't the ones they were recommending. The installation was carried out very efficiently, and with no fuss or mess.
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking at having a solar system installed.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you are satisfied with your Solar. Thank you Show additional information
I recently had a 6.48KW of panels and a 5KW inverter installed by Technaus, along with three other neighbours. Throughout the quoting phase, Yvonne, the rep, was extremely helpful, and out of 10 suppliers, they were one of two who actually came to site to measure up.
There were plenty of companies out there who were willing to sell me a cheap package but even from the ‘show me what you’ve got’ stage, Yvonne quoted me a quality system knowing full well that their price would be the best, though when I stipulated to companies what I wanted (Fronius and genuine tier 1 panels) that is where Technaus stood out. I don’t know how the same package can vary 25% in cost between suppliers.
I should add that this system is replacing an "cheap" system that was sold as an "add on panels whenever you want" package but when it came to the crunch, it was going to cost me substantially more than replacing it.

Anyhow, install day came along, the fellas who did the install were very friendly and competent. I am confident the job was a bit harder than they had expected though they were professional and friendly throughout the process.
Overall, I am happy with the package, Yvonne was always friendly and did what she said she would do at all points. The installing guys did a great job and the first rains have come and gone without any leaking. They even replaced some tiles that were already broken.

Being that this is an honest appraisal, I will share the other side too. I am a little disappointed that some panels have been installed in the shade of our permanently fixed patio so they will never work to their full potential (6 panels out of 24 but 4 are 1/3 shaded when the sun is at its highest), the install day was pushed back a week, the day before the scheduled install. No biggy, just inconvenient, and during the install, the Western Power fuse blew in the meter meaning we were in darkness for a few (4) hours awaiting WP. Getting a call and email to pay the bill when we are eating dinner under candle light wasn’t too flash but after explaining the situation, Technaus was patient, even further when a credit card issue appeared.
Finally, setting up the Inverter to reflect the readings remotely I found extremely difficult. I am fairly computer and IT savvy though it took four hours and doesn’t work properly.

Overall, I am happy with the system that is installed, would recommend the Fronius inverter and Jinko panels, and would recommend Technaus if you are looking for a system.
Don’t get sucked into “YOU MUST BUY NOW” packages by the big dealers who are allegedly regularly cutting off entities to avoid covering warranties…

Right now, my system is producing 20-22 KWH on a sunny day with a peak of 5.05 KW's into the inverter, As we use ~16 units a day, I expect our power bill to be minimal.

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you had some issues with the installation of your solar and western power. Thankyou for doing business with us. Show additional information
Technaus have been extremely good all through the process, providing information without pushiness. The install was done at the appointed time without any issues.
A stress free experience.

Thank you for doing business with us. We are very happy that you are satisfied with your product. Show additional information
Still waiting for the installation to be done. Jason was very helpful, pointing out the long term and exclusive relationship they have with their installer so that increased my confidence that any issues would be handled by Technaus as a one stop contact. Ive got good quality panels and inverter so not expecting to have any issues. Also Technaus responded to my conerns about the array, changing the layout to ensure capturing as much sun as possible from winter shade cast on my roof.

Thanks for your business and feedback Melissa. Much appreciated.

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your business Show additional information
Early days still. Connected to the grid at instal time but not switched yet by power company for feed-in tariff. Installation was very quick and professional. Inverter connected to wifi both directly to my PC and via Fronius's solar.web site, but not without a little difficulty. Configuration process a little confusing. Output tracking as expected or maybe a little better. Inverter is Fronius and panels are Trina Honey 270W. Will have a better picture in about 6 months but so far pretty smooth sailing

Thankyou for your review, we are very happy to have done business with you. Show additional information

Thank you for your review Abigail, we’re pleased you are happy with our service Show additional information
Technaus strongly recommended Fronius inverter over various Chinese ones, and despite $600 difference, I think it was worth it. Sunny days in late August generated 32+ kWhr despite being at 32 South latitude (on a 22 panel, 5 boosted to 6 kW system): compared to estimates provided, this is really good! Fronius also has a very good app and tonnes of stats on a dedicated (for each purchaser) web page, with near real-time updates. 22 panel + inverter install completed in one day, less than 4 weeks after placing order.

Thankyou for your review, we are very happy that you are satisified with your Solar. Show additional information
So far they haven't removed the hot water system.

Thanks for your review Robert, removal of the hot water system proved to be a little more difficult than our rep estimated due to the size. My apologies for that this took longer then expected to complete Show additional information
Because I have a Degree in Engineering I was able to converse with both the Supplier & the onsite Installer on the technicalities of the product & its installation.
This then prevented any attempt to try & "con" me about the product, & I was shown the installation process by a very friendly electrician ( installer ).
We have had some extremely high winds recently & every thing is still intact & operational.

Thank you for your review and thank you for doing business with us. Show additional information
Installers arrived with wrong panels and had to swap over to correct ones. They finished the job in the dark and whilst raining.

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the initial mix up, glad we were able to finish the job for you. Show additional information
Quote was better than the other quotes I received.

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that we were able to provide you with the best price for your system. Show additional information

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your Solar. Show additional information

Thank you for your review and for purchasing your Solar with us. Show additional information
Solar Quotes gave us a good starting point & we eventually went with our local dealer who we felt gave us good service & always kept appointments both before & during installation.

The staff at Technaus Solar would like to thank you for your review. Was a pleasure doing business with you.

Fantastic price, top quality product, great staff. One small thing Technaus could do to take it from good to great would be better communication with your customers.

The install could have been smoother with a bit of communication but to their credit the installers come back and made all the changes requested.

I've always been careful of going with the lowest price but I would recommend Technaus to anyone as they so far have shown they do care that their customers are totally satisfied even if they don't communicate that to you directly.

If you're in doubt like me but you have done your research and know your comparing like for like then don't hesitate to go with Technaus.

Thank you a million for your review. Show additional information
Following the quote (Mat 2017) the Technaus installer in conjunction with the Technaus engineer repositioned the solar panels to a better spot on our 2 storey roof and also upgraded our Fronius single phase inverter to a three phase unit. The installation was professional and Peter made sure we had a robust system. Everything is functioning well with no issues.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you doing business with us. Show additional information

Thank you for your review and for doing business with us. Show additional information
We chose our quotes from West Australian owned companies with offices in WA. We had quotes from Clean NRG and Technaus Solar who were both recommended by Finn Peacock.
We were happy with both companies and would recommend either. Prices, quality and service were equal but we chose Technaus because the salesman lived locally (Mandurah)

Thank you for your feedback and choosing to do business with us. Show additional information
I was very happy with the sales person and how everything was well explained. I also felt I got quite a good deal all around.

Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure doing business with you. Show additional information
Technaus Solar have been very easy to deal with. Communication went a bit quite while I was waiting for the system to be installed, but a quick follow-up had it installed within a couple of days. Installation quality appears to be good, and I am happy with the quality of the components for the price. The team have also been very helpful following installation with a few questions that I had. Would recommend them to other people

Thank you very much for your feedback we appreciate and honoured to have customers like you. Show additional information
The three suppliers offered by SolarQuotes contacted me promptly and arranged appointments. Each was friendly and offered good products. The sales representative from Technaus arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and pleasant to deal with. Two alternatives were suggested and I was impressed that he prepared an aerial photo of our house showing how the panels would fit on our roof. All the information was then emailed to me. He was the first rep to quote and they offered the best price from the beginning. After a little more research I had a couple more questions so he came by the house a second time to answer them, which I appreciated. The two installers were punctual, friendly and polite. They quietly went about their work and left no mess. Unfortunately, during the installation an excessive number of clay tiles were broken, which was disappointing, but to their credit the company took quick action and replaced them the next morning. The system was commissioned the next day. The 5.4 kW solar system consists of a Fronius Primo 5.0-1 with 20x Trina 270w solar panels. It has been in for five days and seems to be operating beautifully! The online monitoring feature is certainly useful.

Thank you taking time to give us a feedback. Show additional information
Job still not complete. Installers broke some roof tiles and I am still waiting for Technaus to have the repairs carried out. They have promised me they will do this but are having problems getting a roofing contractor around as two they contacted have let us all down. Other than that they have been very good.

Thank you for your feedback and we will contact you shortly. Show additional information
I chose Technaus (in Perth) as they gave me a great price for a Fronius + Trinia package. I paid $4800 for a Fronius Symo 5.0, 20X Trinia 270W panels, Fronius Smart Meter and installation on a difficult double storey 3-phase house.

The sales person ended up being pushy, and then has no interest once the contract is signed.

The installation team, although good and friendly, did not finish off the WiFi monitoring setup and spent less than 5 minutes showing me how it all works. I had to figure out the wifi setups myself. Installation was also delayed 2 weeks as they did not finish the job in one day, so have to re-schedule.

The accounts chases for payment even before the job was done.

So, overall, I got a price that I'm happy with. But their customer service could definitely be improved. And if you are not highly technical, WiFi setup can be difficult!

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our Customer Service. We have made some changes to the way we do things and have some new staff to provide better Customer Service. Technaus Solar would like to thank you for your business and are glad that you were happy with the price spent for your Solar. Show additional information