Technaus Solar Reviews

Based on 291 reviews Aus Ranking

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar
Gold Partner
Technaus Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Technaus Solar is a national family owned business founded in 2007. Our shareholders and key staff  come from engineering, installation and customer service backgrounds, allowing us to provide high end services to all our clients. We have installed over 15000 solar power systems ranging from 1 - 100kw's. No job is to big, small or complex for our professional staff.

VIC office contact phone number (03) 9191 8668

WA office contact phone number (08) 9399 8663

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

From the first meet up till completion the service delivery was prompt, informative and the after sales service was excellent

We love to see happy clients, thank you for the great review. Show additional information
Found the company to be responsive and communication was good.

Thanks for your feedback Janine, we're happy that your overall experience with Technaus was a positive one and hope that you enjoy the savings from your solar power system Show additional information

Thanks for the great review Graeme, we hope you enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide Show additional information
The other company you provided was terrible. He tried to email me a full quote and every possible system available in text format without ever visiting or asking what I wanted. When I requested for him to come out, he made an appointment but then cancelled at 10pm the night before and never organised any follow up. Did not seem interested in my business at all.

Technaus was the complete opposite. Steve was great. Prompt service, answered all questions. Follow up and installation occurred very quickly and without any hiccups. Excellent service overall. Strongly recommend.

Thanks for your positive feedback Kelvin, we're glad your experience with our company was great, and appreciate you taking the time to share this.
All the best and if we can be of any further assistance in the future just give us a call.
Disconnect between Sales & Installers

Obtaining a quote and information from sales was very straight forward and not at all pushy. Unfortunately when it came time for the system to be installed, the installers said they couldn't install the panels on the roof in the way depicted by the salesman. This has led to an inefficient and under producing system that is disappointing and could have been done better. If considering accepting a quote from Technaus, I would insist upon an installer viewing the roof and providing an opinion on panel placement and panel size before accepting the quotation. Panel location is very important in order to maximise output and unfortunately in my case this did not occur.

Hi Barry, thanks for your review. Having checked our records I can see that we have installed your system in Feb 2018. The initial consult was done over phone and email at your request (this is not our preference, we prefer to visit site before quoting) , so aerial images were used to do a preliminary layout of your system which had panels split North and West. Unfortunately as aerial images are not 100% accurate, when the installer arrived there was not quite room to install enough panels on the North to ensure that the voltage would be high enough for the inverter to switch on, hence the final design being East / West. This is the best layout possible for your roof, and if you take the time to read through information on this matter, available on the solar quotes website and other forums, you will appreciate that East / West facing panels are not a bad thing. Further to this your initial quote came with a performance guarantee of 19kwh production per day. At the end of the day when we give these guarentee's it is in our interest to make sure that your system is installed for maximum production. If you contact our office we will be more than happy to send someone out to ensure this production guarentee is being met, and prehaps educate you further on the hows and why of your system and its configuration.
Thanks
Sales Manager was great. The only disappointing issue was that it took a couple of emails and a month to get the following: receipt, warrantee information, User Manual, and Electrical Compliance Certificate.

Thank you for your feedback David, we are always looking to improve our services and appreciate the observation. We are so glad to hear that you were happy with the sales manager. Show additional information

Thank you for the great review! Show additional information

Thanks for your great review Andrew, we're glad that you are happy with our products and service. If we can be of any further assistance in the future please feel free to give us a call. Show additional information

Thank you for your review! Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
Salesperson Brett very good
Installer Ben and his team very good
Install staff are not IT people so do not get involved in connection of Inverter to your Wi-Fi network. I was advised this before the installation so it was not a problem. It is preferable that the inverter you purchase has a good readable display of power generated.
I arranged for installation during winter as it is a quieter time. Obviously in peak times, ie summer, all solar companies are going to be flat out.

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review, we thank you. Show additional information

Hi Paul,
Thanks for taking the time to review our service,your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for the review! Show additional information
I had an inverter changed

Thanks for your feedback Greg, please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future Show additional information
We had an overall very good experience with TechnAus Solar. The sales representative (Steve) was knowledgeable and patient with all our questions, the price was competitive for the components we chose, the system was installed one week after we placed the order by very pleasant and efficient installers (from Ramselec, a subsidiary of TechnAus) and the office staff too responded promptly and were helpful. (According to AGL) we were connected to the grid two and a half weeks after installation.

(The only gripe I have - not with TechnAus - is that we are not notified when we are actually connected to the grid. On 6 May, we got an email from AGL quoting the solar feed-in tariff. When I rang to see if we were connected and when, I was advised they were "processing" it. When I called a week later, I was advised the connection happened on 30 April, a day after all the paperwork had been sent through. I must admit I have not yet installed the app to check usage and perhaps this would have told me).

A big thank you to Finn and the Solar Quotes website for the sheer volume of information it provided that enabled us to make an informed decision with regards to our solar installation.

Hi Dennis and Valerie,
Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback - its great to hear that your happy with your system and our service. Enjoy your savings and all the best - if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future, please feel free to give us a call.
I found I had an alert on my inverter, and when I went to check it in the manual I found I had 2 installation guides, no user manual. I emailed a request for a user manual and was sent a PDF that same day.
Also, I noticed today that a roof tile was broken in the installation process which I will need to get replaced. However, when they were here, one of the installers found a cracked tile on my roof which he replaced.

We are so glad that you are happy with the end result, our team always strive to provide the upmost service to our valued customers. Show additional information
I checked and compared different companies and packages but this was the most professional one. They answered all our questions with a smile and patience over a period of time and guided us through the whole process. They explained all the options regarding different system and brands and made it easier for us to decide.

Thanks for your great review Selcuk, it was a pleasure to deal with you and your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. All the best and enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide Show additional information

Thanks for taking the time to review our company Damien, we appreciate your positive feedback. If we can be of any assistance in the future please let us know Show additional information
Steve at TECHNAUS SOLAR was amazing. He was very professional, knowledgeable and prompt. He was able to visit my property and work with me to come up with a solar system that best suited me and my families needs. He took time to review electricity bills and was one of the first installers to recommenced north facing panels. The quote with images of panel placements followed swiftly with accompanying info I needed for rebate application. He explained the process clearly and gave a price and lead time that was very competitive. The install overall went smoothly and so far I am really happy with the solar system and service (including after sales support) I have received. Thank you TECHNAUS SOLAR Team.

Thanks for your great feedback Sam, much appreciated. Enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance in the future Show additional information
Have a problem with no lights in the garage where they installed the inverter. They said they would come and fix it. Took a while to submit paperwork to my supplier. And that was only after I messaged them asking what was happening. Show additional information

Thanks for your great review Jane, hope you enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide and if we can assist you in any way in the future just let us know. Show additional information
It's too soon to tell how successful it is. The overall experience was good, but impossible to make comparisons. I've yet to get a bill for electricity.

Thanks for the good review! Show additional information
We didn’t go for the most expensive panels (LG) we hope we did the right thing.

We took the advice that a string inverter system was better than micro inverters: Not sure that advice was the best. We had a 30m run from panels to the inverter, which was not ideal, either.

Hi Stephen, thank you for taking the time to put in a review, it was a pleasure to deal with you guys. I appreciate your patience as we worked through final design with our technical department to ensure your system was installed to provide best results. To address the concerns you raise in your review, firstly the long cable run was necessary to get the panels where you guys wanted. As advised, it was our preference to put the panels closer to the switchboard to avoid the long cable run.Rest assured a voltage calculation was done and the cable upsized sufficiently to ensure your panels could be installed in your preferred location without causing any technical issues. Secondly in reference to micro inverters, I understand that, given you spoke to many providers and looked at multiple different options, things can become confusing. But to reiterate the advise I gave you which I stand by, the core function of micro inverters is to provide shade resilience, which is not an issue for you. There are some other benefits of this technology, but for your specific circumstances factoring in all of the main relevant variables which, as you mentioned, we analysed in detail, (consumption patterns, network provider, roof space etc.) there would be simply no benefit in you using this technology, in fact it would have blown your return on investment out from 3-4 years to over 10.
If you have any concerns at any point please feel free to give me a call or email and I will go back over all of the info we went through during your decision making process. In the mean time all the best and enjoy the savings your system will provide.
The person who came to came to do the site inspection and prepare the quote had good hands on experience so was able to discuss all the options for my particular install. This was very helpful. They were prompt with coming back to me with any queries, the prices were competitive and the installers were efficient and courteous. Would be happy to recommend Technaus.

Thanks for your positive review Stephen, it was a pleasure to do business with you and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with great feedback. Show additional information
Installation right on the day as appointed,
Job finished within the day
Friendly technicians

Thanks for the 5 star review Dennis, much appreciated. It's always good to hear from satisfied customers so we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback Show additional information
Technaus Pty Ltd did not provide a sale contract with terms and conditions
Technaus Pty Ltd has avoided to provide me its written guarantees for workmanship with terms and conditions.
Technaus Solar is a member of Clean Energy Council, but it also fails to provide required documentations as printed on page 17 of Guide to installing solar for household, published by that council.

The installation was carried out by subcontractors and is subject to the inspection. Depending upon the outcomes of that inspection, i might change my rating for installation.

Hi Tien,
Your review makes many incorrect statements, you are quite confused and I believe you have jumped the gun. Your initial contact with us was on the 23rd of February when you were emailed a quotation providing all relevant information including terms and conditions. Over the next month you emailed me no less than 3 times with questions on our system, all of which were answered by return email promptly. On the 1st of April you were provided with a final quote which you accepted when I attended your property - this specifies terms and conditions as well as all warranty terms. At this point you asked if it was possible for us to install within 3 weeks, which, despite having to move things around, we accommodated. On completion of your installation all paperwork for warranties and other documents required by the clean energy council have been emailed to you. Tien I have personally provided you with service over and above what is required, and believe everyone within our company has also, so I really do not understand why you have seen fit to post in such a negative fashion. I suggest you check your email for the documents you claim you are missing, and as has been the case from day 1 with your detailings with us, if you have any concerns, need further information or assistance in understanding the documents sent to you, please contact me personally and I will do all I can to assist.
Thank you.
The salesman, Steve Gunton, knew his stuff.
The installation team from Ramselec knew their stuff. Finished in one day.
The inspector found an issue with the cutout voltage of the solaredge inverter. Technaus's Vig Menon stepped in and got solaredge to lift the cutout voltage. He also managed to get the comms working. This left a very satisfied customer.
Now waiting on Ausnet to connect us to the grid.
A good experience thanks to Tim Finns book and quote system.
Thanks Tim
Barry Joel

Thanks for your great review Barry, it was a pleasure to do business with you. Hope you enjoy the savings your system will provide and if you need any assistance with your system in the future please feel free to give us a call Show additional information

Thanks for your review Gerry, all the best and happy savings Show additional information
Salesman was very helpful and prompt getting back to us with answers to our questions.

Thanks for your review Jeff, we're glad you are happy with our service. All the best Show additional information

Thanks for your review Helen, your feedback is appreciated. All the best and enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide Show additional information
All quotes were comparable with a good level of equipment, so best price was chosen.
Communication with the company was good and installation happened very quickly after committing to install.
Install was done as requested and was done neatly with no fuss.

Thanks for your feedback Aki, we are glad you are pleased with our service.
All the best
Sales person came out for an onsite visit and was very knowledgable and gave great advise with a few different options.
Overall the system was a good balance between value and quality.
After paying deposit was told installation date would be organised in January, however had to chase them up to have install date confirmed. When I contacted them, got an install date very soon but had to be postponed due to weather. Panels seem to be working well, took about 3 weeks for paper work documentation to come through for the electricity provider to get feed in tariff. Overall, it was a good experience, communication about expected time frames could have been better.

Hi Chuong,

Thanks for your review and we're glad your experience with Technaus was mostly positive. We do have a bit of a backlog of work at this time of year and there have been some delays with us receiving necessary paperwork on completion of install, but thank you for your patience in this regard.
It is probably too soon to be able to accurately rate things like quality and value for money

Thank you for your business Martin and for your positive review. Happy savings, and all the best Show additional information
Honest salesman (Brett), great and fast service at the CHEAPEST price of all my 5 quotes.

I had the best experience with this company, once I accepted their quote it was all done in less than 2 weeks. For the actual installation day 3 guys came by 7:30am and were done by 11:30am.
Really can’t fault it.

Thanks for your great feedback Bruna, we're wrapped that you are happy with the service you recieved from our sales and installation staff. Show additional information
Firstly prior to engaging Technaus Solar I spoke to 4 to 5 suppliers of Solar and was given conflicting information form incorrect information to sign today and we can install tomorrow. From the initial consultation with Technaus Solar I was offered a no pressure sales pitch. The information I was given was to the point unlike the others. Once I paid the deposit, the communication from the sales and installation team was second to none. Everything was on time without a hitch. Installation team arrive on time and very efficient. Once installed follow up from the sales team was fantastic. System has been installed several days cannot be happier.

My experience was faultless I would highly recommend Technaus Solar and would be happy to speak to anyone.

Thanks for the 5 star review Carl and for taking the time to provide positive feedback. Enjoy your savings and all the best Show additional information

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the positive review. Hope you enjoy the savings your solar power system will provide
Technaus solar offered a good price. Fast install. Listened to what I wanted and lived up to there word.

Thanks for the great review Peter, its always nice to get a 5 star review, and we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience. Happy savings and all the best Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
Steve was very helpful and patient with all of our questions and the installers were friendly and efficient.

Hi Glenn,
Thanks for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure doing business with you, and I'm glad you were happy with our service from beginning to end.
If we can be of any further assistance in the future, please let us know.
Happy savings, and all the best

Hi Iman, thanks for your great review. We're glad that your happy with our service and took the time to put in a review. All the best and happy savings Show additional information

Thanks for the great review Nik, it's always good to get positive feedback.
Happy savings, and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance in the future
It took over 2 months from quote to installation. Firstly they said the quoted panels were not available, would I be happy with a substitute (I said yes). Secondly they said they no longer had the quoted inverter in stock because it had been installed in error on another job and that it would take some time to get a replacement.

I was quoted for north facing and west facing panels, but when the installer came he said there was not enough west facing roof to do the job, would I be happy with some east and some west? I said okay. In the end none were installed on the west so by 5pm I'm no longer generating a usable amount of power, even though sunset is not till after 7pm. I am quite unhappy about this.

Also even though it took two and a half months to install the system the organisation insisted on payment the day of installation (a Friday). I did the bank transfer on the Sunday and by lunch on Monday I received a call chasing payment. I explained I had paid and the man seemed happy. An hour later I received another call chasing my payment, this time a woman was pushing quite hard for me to say I was happy so she could close off the job. Not at all impressed by this. Further I don't recall the organisation ringing me back any time they said they would, I always had to chase them.

Hi Martin,

We are glad you are happy with the value for money and system quality and apologies for the delay in install and customer service issues you experienced. We will use your feedback to help improve our after sales procedures. In regard to your panel placement, our installers have advised that due to limited space on the North and shading on the West from your air conditioner and ventilation pipes, installing on the East was the best option to ensure maximum production. While our reps will from time to time quote from a satellite image, our installers on site are always in the best position to make the final call. Thanks for taking the time to review, and if we can be of any further assistance please feel feee to contact our office or your sales rep.

Thanks for the positive review Marlon, happy savings and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance in the future. Show additional information
A couple of delays about taking an old water heater off the roof but once Technaus had changed installers, all done with minimal fuss.

Thanks for your review Shelly and for your patience in organising for your hot water system to be removed. Great to hear your happy with our service Show additional information
My experience was ok, I dealt with the Technaus group in Victoria.
What I've found is there's quite a big disconnect between the sales team and then the contractors they get in to do the work.
I found Steve from sales excellent. He was prompt, throughly looked at the installation job, made great suggestions and took the time to explain everything to me.
This was very different to the service I had on the day, the contractors were from a group called "Ramselec". Whilst they were nice enough people, their prime goal is to get the installation done as quickly as possible on the day.
I've had a lot of work done to my house and am very used to the people who come to do the quote doing the work (or at least overseeing it), my experience with Technaus was very different and I assume it's because they're so busy now because of the rebates and they're adding more teams of contractors.
Vig the installation manager was a lovely chap who popped out during the installation and called me on the day before, but he's clearly so busy now I didn't really get any chance to ask questions and any brief conversation I had with him was rushed.

Examples of the disconnect were:
1. Steve mentioned the inverter could be put in the garage, I was told on the day this was not possible because they would have to drill through a wall!?!? I really wasn't impressed with this at all and really regret not just cancelling the whole job on the day and sending the contractors home. The inverter is now outside next to my meter box.
2. Solar panels on my roof aren't completedly flush, I look at the panels around my neighbourhood and see how nice they look. The standard is clearly lower here. Despite me sending a photo of this to Vig (he was clearly too busy to visit), I was told the job looked 100%
3. Follow up for Victorian rebate has been very slow. The system was installed on 15th Jan, inspection was on 22nd Jan and I've still heard nothing (12th Feb). This was very different to the experience when I had solar hot water installed a number of years ago and the contractors chased up the inspector for the certificate
4. The contractors Ramselec only lodged their job with Citipower today (12th Feb) for my meter to be converted. This means I'll probably have to wait another month for Citipower to come out and convert my meter so I can get my feed in tariff.
5. The only regular contact I got afterwards was a daily request for me to pay my bill (I paid 5 days post installation) and two (polite) texts from Vig asking for payment. Payment requests seem to have been the only active communication I've received from Technaus.

Overall, I think Technaus were probably once a fantastic company with great core people. But in my opinion have now grown too rapidly and employed additional contractors because of the amount of work they're currently getting with the Victorian rebates. I feel this has dissolved the customer experience.

I wouldn't go as far as to not recommend Technaus, however I would advise future customers get 3-4 quotes from different places and ask for a site visit from someone who'll actually be part of the installation team before they commit to buy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback and for giving your overall experience with Technaus a 3 1/2 star rating, despite the fact that there were some issues with your install. We have indeed had some problems with one of the new contractors we recently took on due to large workload and have used your feedback to reasses things and scale back to our tried and tested installers. It is a constant balancing act from our perspective - between ensuring our lead time from order to install is as short as possible for our customers - and making sure all who we engage operate to the standard we require .
In regard to the specific issues you raise, our service department will be in touch regarding realigning your panels with the view to improving the aesthetics. The inverter will need to stay beside your meter, and I apologise that it was not possible to get it into the undercroft garage on the day. If you recall at our initial consult my first reccomendation was to put it next to the meter where it ended up. We did spend some time looking in and under the house, and I did indeed inform you that I was confident we could get it there, but I also advised that all locations are subject to the installers inspection just prior to install. My apologies that it was not able to go in your ideal location.
In regard to solar vic and energy network provider forms etc. please understand that there are many more moving parts than just our company involved here. We have protocols in place to assess all documents we recieve from utility providers / network providers and solar vic on a daily basis. Frequently information is not sent to is in a timely manner (e.g inspection paperwork coming to us 3 weeks after inspection). While we do our best to ensure everything is collated and sent on to our customers ASAP we are often hamstrung and obviously cannot forward documents we have not yet recieved. While I understand your frustration on this point, having investigated thoroughly I don't think there's anything that could have been done at our end to expediate the process for you.
Once again thanks for your honest feedback, this is appreciated, and if you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your great review and happy saving
Slowest to respond for quote but best technical advice
Install average..cracked roof tile and leak.
Had to return to fix a number of compliance issues and make adjustments to inverter.
Terrible back office support, no idea of customer service
Constantly calling the office but no one ever rings back
Lack of staff training and empowerment.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your honest feedback and apologies that your experience with Technaus has not been as smooth as it could have been. As you can see by the majority of our reviews on SQ we pride ourselves on providing an extememely high level of service and acknowledge that in your case we have not achieved these standards. To be completely fair to ourselves though I believe your review to be a tad harsh - but can understand why you are not happy, as the satisfactory completion of your installation has dragged out longer than we intended, due to some resource issues either side of the Australia Day public holiday. None the less your critism is taken on board and will be used in a constructive manner to improve our business. I will contact you personally to discuss the individual issues you raise and I'm sure we can resolve any outstanding greviences and make sure that by the time your next bill comes in you'll be a much more satisfied in your dealings with us

Hi James,

Thanks for your positive review, we're glad your happy with our service. Happy savings and all the best