• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

Installation of the solar system was delayed due to an error with the design app used when first quoting.
Technaus Solar & Ramselec worked with me to finalize a design and install in the shortest time.

Thanks Henryk for taking the time to review, we appreciate your business and glad we came through with the best price, quality and nicest salesperson. Show additional information

Thanks Joey for the 5 star review, we appreciate your business and taking the time to review. Show additional information
If you send an emai to the office they always phone or email you back. It was pretty obvious this company sets out to give satisfaction.

Thanks Charles for your great review, we appreciate your business and am glad you are super satisfied with the service and products we provided to you. Show additional information

Thanks Lyn for taking time to provide a review, we appreciate your business and glad we were able to assist you in getting top quality solar. Show additional information
Technaus Solar gave solid information re solar energy and referred us to many websites to help us make our decision. The installation went very smoothly and the tradies involved were willing and able to answer any questions I had.
The only 'glitch' was I received a phone call re payment, which was a mistake at their end as I have not heard from them since.

I would not only recommend this company to others, but also advise them to use 'Solar Quotes'. Your site provided valuable information about getting solar power, as well as arranging the three quotes.

Thanks Elspeth for your review, glad the process was super smooth for you and we were able to service you in getting great quality solar. Show additional information
Everything was completed very efficiently and quickly, the salesman, Jason was very well prepared with all the information I needed.

I'm not sure if this is suitable to put on you website but it essentially came down to what I thought was the best quality system (based on the information on your website) and negotiability on price as two of them came up with around the same price for similar systems.
We had Technaus install our Solar System. The sales process was fantastic. The sales representative was great very informative and was not pushy. On the day of install the installers arrived on time, very polite and explained everything they were doing.

The very disappointing part of our purchase has been not been able to connect our inverter to the solarweb app. As Technaus already had been paid in full the care factor was negative. They all of a sudden became a very unhelpful company. Even as at today some 2 weeks after install we can not connect to the solarweb app.

For the above reason I would not recommend nor would I ever use Technaus solar again!
Really pleased with the whole process from sale to install. Jason from Technaus Solar visited us as part of the quote and provided me with a lot of info and took time to explain various aspects to me specifically around tree shading to the front of our property which affected the panels installed. The install itself was really efficient and the team did a great job. many thanks. Show additional information
In my case we had difficulty with access to the roof. Initially it was proposed to place the system on a section of the house that is single level however upon investigation with regard to shading and performance the system location was moved to the front of the house, two story at one end and three at the the other end. Technuas did not visit site and used satellite photos to quote the job, it appears they forgot Streetview also exists and didn't look at the front elevation of the house. When the installer arrived in mid November 2017 he was unable to do the job.

It seemed that Technaus agonised over the need to provide a lift device to assist in installing the panels. Finally after much delay I instigated a negotiated position where I paid for more than half the lift unit and the installer finally arrived in mid January 2018.

My main issue with Technaus was the level of communication and honesty(?) perhaps lack of being direct about what they needed. The installer worked very hard and long over a weekend to get the system installed. It was a difficult installation and he did a good job. The level of communication and advice about how long the work would take was very poor.

The system is working as advertised and seems to be good quality gear - Fronius inverter - time will tell. There pricing I believe is very good, despite having to contribute more to get the installation done. Make sure they understand your job. I had height issues AND a steep roof pitch - they should have checked this out.

I felt bad for installer working on his own but was also frustrated by bad advice on time for the install. On a more conventional home, I have no doubt Technaus would do a great job.

Hi Ron,
It's great to hear that the system is functioning well, and appreciate you took the time to acknowledge that. It is however disapponting that you omit the fact no other installers wanted to touch this job, we were the only ones who at the end of the day vied for your business due to the level of diificulty. This was acknowledged by you to our installer. Furthermore the reason no one came out initially was due to the way you wanted the consultation to proceed. Most people like site consults, which 80% of our work is, this was conducted via phone which is quite normal this day and age. You gave us a 3 out of 5 for installation and yet acknowledged the job was top notch, via email to us and the installer. You neglect to mention some of the real difficulties and lengths we went to, to achieve a fantastic result, on a job 95% of installers would walk away from, not just because of the roof pitch, but the access.
While we do indeed acknowledge some areas of communication could always be improved, your mention of level of honesty was pretty unfair.
This job indeed was scheduled to be installed at the rear, and on reconsideration to benefit you, it was considered better at the front for efficiency gains. And while it was much harder, we didnt walk away from it. Yes there were some issues with the consideration of pitch, which we also acknowledge.
Last year as well as a whole for the entire industry, leading up to Christmas is a very busy period, and delays can and do happen. Whilst unfortunate, this has zero bearing on our ability to do an honest and top notch job.
In summary we wish you all the best, and please let us know how the system is performing as you start to save :)
Technaus Team

Hi Rick,
Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your business. Glad we were able to provide you with the best price, quality and nicest salesperson.
I did a fair bit of research and compared a number of different companies before deciding to use Technaus. The main reason I ended up using Technaus was because of the professionalism and prompt follow up provided by Jason. He explained everything in detail and the solution offered, made the most sense. The after sales service provided by Vignesh has also been fantastic! Very happy with the Trina panels and Fronius inverter. They work a treat!

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your generous review, was a pleasure
doing business with you!
Brilliant.
No pressure. Lee was very helpful
Install was done with no issues.
Well done

So glad getting solar was as easy as it should be, thanks for your business and review Show additional information
All three quotes were prompt and competitive. The components in all cases were of good quality. We chose Technaus because the sales person, Jason, was particularly
knowledgeable and very helpful. He was able to answer all of our questions and offer the right advice when it came to comparison of different size and type of systems.
The system was installed promptly and has been operating for several weeks now. It has been inspected and approved and we are waiting on our supplier to recalibrate the meter. Very impressed with both yourself and Technaus and would be happy to recommend both of you to any prospective clients.
Russell

Hi Russell,
Thankyou for your review. Wishing you all the best, and happy saving!!!

Hi Paul,

Thankyou for the review.
All the best with the savings and let me know how we could be of assistance in
the future. All the best!

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Best price they understand what I want so do your home work and only get what you pick don't let them tell you whats best as they will try to sell you crap. Technaus Solar understand what you want and won't sell you other brand they also are part of Clean Energy Council

Thanks for the honest review Jack, we do indeed try to fit the system to the customer. Thanks for your business and your references to other family members, we appreciate it. Show additional information
The contractors installed the system on Friday morning 19th January and the electrician connected it on the afternoon. Someone from Technaus rang us after electrician left asking for payment which we did electronically.
Over the weekend there was an error code in inverter window which worried us. We rang the office on Monday and were told the engineer would call back. Nobody called back so we rang again on Monday, still unable to talk to engineer. We emailed the sales person who in turn emailed the "Team" to call us. Nobody called! We phoned again on Monday 29th January and spoke to Guru who talked me through getting rid of the error code. I monitored the inverter after and noticed that it built up power and shut itself off continuously. Guru told me it was best to email him if there was another problem so I emailed him on the same day 29th January and have not had any response. The inverter still shuts down and restarts at random.

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your comments, sorry the inverter error code was a drawn out process for you. Our new staff have refined communication processes further to avoid not getting back to service issues with haste. I'm glad we were able to rectify the inverter error for you and we appreciate your business.
From start to finish Technaus were great. Great product, Best price from the outset. Another company offered to match the price but quoted $500 more initially so didn't seem fair.

Install went very well, installers very polite and left no mess. I opted for the Fronius inverter and Trina panels, both high end products.
Another company suggested a Chinese inverter for $600 less and if it fails, just buy a new one. what he didn't tell me is the labour cost to do the change. Seemed a bit slack to offer a cheap inverter on the proviso, just buy a new one when it dies.

Thank you Solarquotes and Technaus. Very happy

Hi Dave,

So glad you are super happy with your system and our service. Thank you for taking the time and for the 5 star review.
Happy with the install panels and inverter are working well. Quote was given with minimal BS. Installer was a 3rd party but a good job generally just a few dings in the roof sheets.

Hi Mark,
Great to hear your happy with your system and the approach of our team. Technaus have our in house installers. During the peak summer period in order to install your system within a quick time frame we used another installation team, glad they also gave you great service.
There is a fairly long delay between deposit and installation I have had to chase company up a couple of times to try and get updates as to when the installation will take place. Selling product that they do not have in stock does not help!

Hi Kevin, our Armadale warehouse does allow us to hold stock on site, its unfortunate the installation time was larger than we would have liked over this peak demand summer period. We now have increased administration staff to keep contact with our customers so processes can be handled with increased ease. Thanks for taking time to review and we appreciate your business. Show additional information
Sales person stated the wait time would be 4 weeks, after the 4 weeks passed I contacted them and was informed it would be a total of 10 weeks!!! We chose this company due to there quick installation wait time which turned out to be longer than other companies we were looking at. It appears as soon as we committed everything slowed down. Originally agreed to a 22 panel system but they only sent 19 with the install team (the install team were great, explained everything and had it all up and running in 2-3 hours).

As soon as we signed off on the installation of the system, we were handed the invoice which was due that day. This was frustrating as it didn't allow us to inspect the system and see if it works correctly over night. As it turned out the invoice was wrong so we held off payment until we had a correct invoice. This didn't stop them from still chasing payment and threatening use of debt collectors. In the end I had to chase them for a correct invoice so we could finalize payment.

Would not recommend this company

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear the review of your experience. During this period we did indeed experience high demand and time before installation which we are sincerely apologetic about. We have since increased our team including new administration staff to assist with customers and streamline processes from start to finish to avoid these issues in the future. Show additional information
Very happy with my decision to go with TechnAus Solar.
Very professional, friendly service.

Thanks Dan, so glad you appreciated our service and low prices Show additional information
Chose my supplier for several reasons.
Amiable and accomodating sales rep.
Good quality equip such as Fronius and Canadian.
Price was better than others supplying same panels and inverter.
Supplier is the closest one to my home.

So glad you are happy with the product and service Show additional information

Hi Mick,

Thanks for taking the time to review our service, rating our prices and quality of systems and super good to hear we had the nicest salesperson :)
The Solar system was installed and delivered with a surprise upgrade for free due to their minor miscalculation. So I actually got a slightly more than 6KW system for the same quote.

Hi Peng,

Thanks for the review there!
Happy Saving :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Communication of company was poor, invoice had no detailed information about products, just listed items.
For example, 10 Jinko Panels.
Instead of 10 X 270 kW X5 Generation 3 polycrystalline Jinko panels.

Hi Glen, sorry to hear your experience with the communication was lacking. Specification sheets and all product details are given at the time of the quote. Thank you for the time taken to review and we are glad we were able to provide the personalized experience by being the only company to come quote in person. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Sarah!
All the best :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Jason was a very honest sale guy and no hard sale in discussion. Since they were very busy schedule was delayed for a few weeks. But I am OK with that as their price was the best out of 3 I quoted. Installer Abdul was a very good electrician and did a fantastic job.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Hi ,
Big system this was, and stoked we could get this bad boy up and running for you
so smoothly :) All the best

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Just spent about 30 mins with Jason Gowans whom is easy to talk to. No nonsense guys, no hard selling, all questions answered, and he promised to give me his best price with no further negotiation on the spot. Jeez ..... the price was great, the product quoted was one of the best (ie Trina Honey panels and Fronius inverter). Installation was scheduled 10 days earlier.
A small problems surface later informing me that the shipment for the quoted 275W panels will be delayed and it will arrive a few months later which will not meet my installation date. The scheduler (Vignesh) then suggest they have 270W panels ready to be installed and I will need to pay for the difference in prices for the increase of one more panel. I refused and Vignesh contacted me a couple of hours later to say they will be happy to keep the original price if I use the 270W panels plus give me an additional panel at no cost. That was great for me.
Installer was a sub-contractor, John knows what he is doing and they did the whole installations in 5 hours with two other helpers. John try to work around the possible shading issues which might happen in Winter, so he is quick in his thinkings and carry out the panels relocation fast.
No paper works submission needed from me, all done thru Technaus.
Inspector comes in the next day to certify and signed for the electrical checks and installation. Smart meters reconfigured and Solar system feed-in tariff in less than 3 weeks.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Hi Prinze,
Appreciate your generous review!
Really happy we could get this system up
and running for you with minimal hassle :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager

So glad you were happy with our honest service Susan. Thanks for your business and for taking the time to review. Show additional information
Installation got delayed.

Hi Rebecca,
Nice small but energy efficient system, that we are glad we could install for you!

Hi Ian,
Appreciate your business. Let me know
if you ever need us for anything in future!
Wishing you well :)

Hi,
Really glad we could do business with you, wishing you all the best as you now join the
solar club :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
We've only just had our installation and it is not switched on yet as there is debate about the need for an AC isolater. The inverter is just 3 mts away from the meter box but it is around a corner and behind a roller door. The roof installers did not fit one but left it ontop of inverter. The electrician said it needed to be installed but couldnt do it.
The manager doesnt think we need one.
We want one.
Regards
Went with them because they were $500 cheaper than closest rival. Compared panels and the ones offered were better than the more expensive one. They had some stock issue on the panel I ordered but that meant i got a free upgrade. So far so good. Still eagerly waiting first power bill since installation to see savings.

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for your great review, we appreciate your business and are sure you'll see great savings.
Standard of installation for 10.2 KW PV system was good however it took almost one week to complete because installation work was carried by essentially one man only. I waited over a week for Clean Energy Council inspector to inspect meter & inverter then another week before installer received paperwork from inspector. Electricity retailer (Dodo) appeared to have no idea as to how long it would take United Energy to configure meter to allow feed in to electricity grid. I had to follow Dodo up every day to achieve result.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for your review.
Inspectors around that time of year, can take a while as its a very time of year. No installers can tell them to hurry up or control their timetable unfortunately. And yes, while our installer on your job did a fantastic job, he was a man down due to sickness, but he got it done :)
And definitely pays to keep these retailers honest, and followup religiously to get that FIT sorted.
All the best :)

Thankyou for your review Denis Show additional information

Thankyou for your feedback Saab Show additional information
All three providers were very prompt in calling to arrange for a visit to inspect the property and complete a quote. The checklist you provided was most helpful in our discussions with the three representatives. All three quotes were remarkably close and the knowledge of all three representatives was excellent. Although they had their own "favourite" panels and inverters, all three were more than willing to provide a quote based on the panel/inverter makes that I had selected.

Thankyou for your kind review Karl, great to hear you had a pleasant experience with your purchase Show additional information
The price and installation was good, however I have yet to hear back from Technaus on why I can’t get wifi connectivity to the FRONIUS solar.web live app.

I called and spoke to Guru who advised me to send an e-mail to FRONIUS tech support which I did. But on the FRONIUS website it say the best way to get a answer back is if the installer gets in touch with their distributor.

So I still cant get wifi setup for my system.

Thanks Kunnal for taking time to review,
Sorry to hear support was slower than required. Great to hear from contacting you that you have the app up and running successfully. Glad the price and install all hit the mark, we appreciate your business.

Hi Francesco,
Really happy that you are satisfied with this install, and appreciate the updates you've provided on system performance. I believe for a small just over 3kW system its average kWhr production through Nov/Dec was over 20kWhrs which is fantastic!!

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager

Thanks for your business and review Josh, much appreciated. Show additional information
Technaus Solar rep was great in explaining the ins/outs of various panel brands. Willing to answer fully our questions fully and explained in lay terms the various differences between panels/systems/outputs etc.

Obviously I'll be able answer the questions re Quality of System / Installation / Customer Service once the installation is carried out.

Hi Jim,
Systems all installed, up and running!
Thankyou for your kind words, appreciated.
Happy saving!!!

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Very helpful and very quick with the installation. We ordered Trina panels but because they would not be here till December they installed Canadian panels 3.5 at no extra cost. All is working already. Very Happy.

Hi Beverley,

Thanks for your business and review. Glad you appreciated the quick service and your happy with the upgrade.
The system was installed on the 28th Oct appears to be working fine. Since install I've had no followup from supplier as to when Network upgrade or reprogram of meter will occur. Neither have I had a Cert of Electrical Safety issued by the installer, both items have been requested from Technaus. I'm still waiting!

Hi Ron,
Since you posted this review a few things have been re explained.
The final connection, while our responsibility to send the paperwork, is up to your energy supplier. As a third party, they do not allow us to hurry them up on your behalf. Apologies if this wasn't so clear. As for the Cert of compliance, this goes to the inspector for clearance, but any client like yourself can request for records.
I understand the system is working well :)
All the best, and thanks again for your business.

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Thank you for your quote system. The suppliers were quick to answer..all in all, it has been a useful tool to use, since all suppliers except one were not in my list of companies to contact...Thank you Annick

Thank you Annick, we appreciate your business and your review. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Gail!
Glad we could install your system.

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Company seemed a bit confused overall - confused as to where the panels should go, confused as to where the electrician is, confused as whether the job was complete and confused with when they where going to pitch up. However they were our cheapest quote and the people I dealt with were friendly. Lacking communication between themselves was where they fell short. The job was done in the end.

Thanks for the review and your business Eva, glad we were friendly and our prices and systems were on point. Sorry our communication was not up to scratch on this occasion. Summer is a peak time and hopefully we have improved our operating systems during this time as we have increased our staff to deal with administration. Show additional information
Technaus we're the quickest to respond to my enquiry and we're the best priced from the outset with high quality components. Lee was very thorough and patient with all my questions. and his professionalism was great. Other installers also quoted, one very high pressure and will match any quote but wouldn't leave a price unless we would buy on the day? another was also very competitive but we felt more comfortable with Lee's knowledge and Technaus.

Would highly recommend this company. Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to review our services, we appreciate your business and positive feedback Show additional information