• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

Only average because of over voltage problem with energy provider and follow up Show additional information
Very happy. From the start Lee was very helpful. Tailored a system to work with our needs. Install was completed as indicated. Highly recommended

Thank you for the lovely review, we are glad that you had a great experience with us. Show additional information
From the first meet up till completion the service delivery was prompt, informative and the after sales service was excellent

We love to see happy clients, thank you for the great review. Show additional information
Jason was very informative at the initial stages of the process and I chose the unit on the size of it. It was a bit of a minefield to the novice but the advice and information was very helpful. The process flowed very smoothly and was relatively painless. I am still waiting for the energy supplier to get back to me about our rebate for feeding the grid but that is out of Technaus hands. Thank you very much for a smooth and painless process . Sincerely Derek

Thanks so much for the great review Derek, we hope that the energy supplier is prompt to get back to you, we are glad you had a good experience with us. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review!! Show additional information
Prompt and good service. Jason Gowans is knowledgeable and polite.

Thank you for the great feedback! Show additional information

Thank you for your good review, we are pleased to know that you were happy with our service.

The experience was made so easy by contacting you.

And the quality install was so smooth.

Thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Show additional information
From initial contact with the sales person to the final install I couldn't fault Technaus at all. Having been burnt in the past by unscrupulous renewable energy companies we were wary of making the same mistake and Steve put our minds at ease, recommending what to look out for, where to look for further information, how the STCs work, etc. The install team were great and just got on with the job with no fuss or mess.

Thank you Cath for the feedback, we are so glad that you were put at ease and found the guys easy to work with. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
Overall very easy process. Salesman Lee was very patient with my bombardment of questions. Gave me all the answers I needed without just telling me what I wanted to hear, Gave me data to backup his claims on the true performance of my system. Was pleasantly surprised he didn't try to rubbish the competition and gave us confidence in his team.
Install was as expected, can't fault it, ran through the system onsite and so far so good.
Looking forward to seeing the bills.
Thanks Finn, great experience

We are pleased to see that you found the process good Tim, we work hard to give the customer 100% satisfaction. Thank you! Show additional information
The reason for rating the installation and customer service average was the engineer had a family emergency which resulted in the installation date being re-scheduled 3 times. We were not in a rush and we do not both work full time so we were ok with this, however re-scheduling 3 times was bit average.

Thank you for being so patient with us, we are happy that you are pleased with the final result. Show additional information
Sales Manager was great. The only disappointing issue was that it took a couple of emails and a month to get the following: receipt, warrantee information, User Manual, and Electrical Compliance Certificate.

Thank you for your feedback David, we are always looking to improve our services and appreciate the observation. We are so glad to hear that you were happy with the sales manager. Show additional information

Thank you for the great review! Show additional information

Thank you for your review! Show additional information
Faultless company to deal with. From dealing with Brett on the phone to the installation.
This company was faultless.
Had 6.6kw system with Fronius inverter installed. Haven't had a bill yet but going on what its saying i'm producing i think i'm going to be well and truly impressed.

Thank you so much for the great review Brad we are so happy that you're pleased with our services. Show additional information
Salesperson Brett very good
Installer Ben and his team very good
Install staff are not IT people so do not get involved in connection of Inverter to your Wi-Fi network. I was advised this before the installation so it was not a problem. It is preferable that the inverter you purchase has a good readable display of power generated.
I arranged for installation during winter as it is a quieter time. Obviously in peak times, ie summer, all solar companies are going to be flat out.

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review, we thank you. Show additional information

Thank you for the review! Show additional information
They were prompt and respectful. Put the system up in a time frame I found amazing and cleaned up after themselves. The only thing I would say is when they use a drill on a wall to put up the inverter make sure there is nothing on the wall inside the house that can fall due to vibration. I had a clock fall and break and damage my wooden floors skirting board.
Linda
Hilton WA

I am sorry to hear about the clock Linda, we will surely take this information and improve on future installations, we appreciate the time you took to write this review, we are happy that you found our guys respectful and prompt. Show additional information
Under the circumstances, Technaus did a very good job I felt - especially considering that "the circumstances" were that the government announced the $2200 solar subsidy a few days before my installation - and they were booking at least 6 times their usual quantity of installations. Communicating with them got a little difficult - but that was entirely understandable.

Jason was very helpful (tolerant...?) in the planning phase, as I had lots of questions and suggestions. They ended up sourcing my panels from Adelaide - the last of their kind in the country - because there were technical reasons why those particular panels significantly better than others. They pulled it together seemlessly.

Since our job was larger than average, they assigned 5 guys for the install - and 4 of them seemed excellent. The installation quality seems excellent too - including the little things like double-sealing around the roof penetrations, smoothing silicon seals nicely, conduits all well secured, etc. There was a minor problem that one of the three strings was left unconnected (this fact being hidden by the polystring connection) and they initially told me that generation levels were correct for the time of year... but Chris came back twice and we got it sorted. Vig, the business manager, was also very helpful when things weren't looking quite right. He also organized the independent sign-off inspection quickly, and 15 days after installation the power company is now registering our output. Not bad at all I'd say.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. I wasn't the easiest of customers, but they did a solid job and I've got a great system now.
It's always hard to tell if a slick sales spiel will be matched by a quality follow through - but with Technaus, it really was.

We are glad you loved our service and sales team, we do get really busy and try to reply to all of our customers as promptly as possible. We are glad that you are very satisfied overall John. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
The installers advice differed from the sales man advice to install the inverter in the garage.
Instead they installed the inverter outside and in the sun. While I insisted that this was a bad idea, the installers mentioned that they did not have the right cables for the length required and preferred to install the inverter right above the main distribution board.
I am therefore expecting a reduced lifespan for the inverter as it stands out in the sun especially through summer.
Installers moved install date back 3 times then called the day before to see if they could come over immediately. Very disruptive. Panels I ordered were not the ones that were installed and despite numerous emails/ calls Technaus were very unresponsive to my simple request to know what panels they had substituted for. Inverter was scoped to go into garage but installer took the easy option and put it outside next to the meter box. All up a good system in the end working well but awful install and follow up experience. Show additional information

Thanks for your service.
The guys at Technaus are still fine tuning my system, uncertain whether to install batteries now or at a later date...(budget), hybrid inverter.. etc ????
They certainly appeared to be the most professional in their approach, and much more in depth in the first instance. And it has been a pleasure to deal with Jason.
Thanks again and best wishes,
Grahame Goodson

Thank you very much for the great review Grahame! Show additional information
We installed two systems with Technaus simultaneously. Very happy with the service and the resulting returns.

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
I found I had an alert on my inverter, and when I went to check it in the manual I found I had 2 installation guides, no user manual. I emailed a request for a user manual and was sent a PDF that same day.
Also, I noticed today that a roof tile was broken in the installation process which I will need to get replaced. However, when they were here, one of the installers found a cracked tile on my roof which he replaced.

We are so glad that you are happy with the end result, our team always strive to provide the upmost service to our valued customers. Show additional information
Was an extremely easy process to find an installer who used good products for fair prices and we were very happy with the system we chose and the quality of the install.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! Show additional information

Thank you for the great review! Show additional information
All three companies recommended by Solar Quotes were very helpful, with sales-people willing to come to our house to assess the best option, and also take the time to fully explain the ins and outs of solar power. To be honest, not much separated the three offers, and it was challenging deciding who to go with.

In the end we went with Technaus Solar, based on quality and price of system, and also the fact their installers are employees, not sub-contractors.

Overall I am very happy with Technaus’ service, and the system delivered. There was a small road-bump on install day, as we found out our roof beam position wouldn’t support the designed number of north-facing panels. This was effectively overcome by their experienced installer recommending an alternative north and west layout, with a change in the number of panels facilitated by their office. Can’t wait until the clouds disappear so we can see the system running at full power!

We appreciate that you decided to go with Technaus Solar for installation and even more excited that you are overall very happy with the service and system that was delivered to you. Show additional information
Good Price for 6.6KW Canadian solar panels and Fronius inverter double storey home, 3 phase. Sales manager Steve came to our home and explained everything.
Everything working well for over 1 month now, it got installed within about 2 weeks of signing.
Installation went well too, we have panels split between two roofs which works well as I work from home and we are making solar all day long.

Had been quoted just below $4000 by another firm but their email/quote looked a bit childish (loads of different fonts and colours and sizes) so this put me off slightly, and I hadn't heard of the other firm either so went with Technaus.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, we try our best to deliver great service and we are delighted to hear the good news! Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
Sungrow requires too much private information through their App, is there a more secure method to view the performance of your PV system?

We are pleased to hear the great feedback, thank you! Show additional information
Apart from a minor hiccup with the first installer they sent out everything after that went very smoothly, the sales rep Brett was brilliant and as for the installer Ben and his two off siders they did a brilliant and very professional job, I would gladly recommend Technaus Solar to anybody that wants a solar system.

We are glad to hear that everything worked out and that you are happy with the end result, thank you for taking the time to leave a great review! Show additional information
It's too soon to tell how successful it is. The overall experience was good, but impossible to make comparisons. I've yet to get a bill for electricity.

Thanks for the good review! Show additional information
Great service and advise from start to the installation of the equipment. More than Happy to recommend Technaus to anyone thinking about having a solar system installed.

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service! Show additional information
We have only had solar in for about a week.. So far so good. Waiting on the inspection from Electricity supplier .

Thank you for all your assistance and advice would recomend your services.

Thank you for the great review! Show additional information
The installer would be one of the best professional workman I have come across ,his attitude towards personal service is exceptional, nothing was to hard, installing the system in pouring rain and very windy conditions .i give Rob an 11 out of 10.
Thanks again guys I highly recommend you.
Regards Barry

We are thrilled to hear that you have had such an exemplary experience with us at Technaus solar. We appreciate the time you took to write this review. Thank you! Show additional information

Thank you for the great review! Show additional information
Technaus were the only company we found (and I obtained quotes from 5 vendors) that worked with me to help me understand their product, understand the design to match our roof (many were adamant to put all the panels on the south......but could not explain why the East and Nth would not be better or worse for us! Some claimed they would make our bill zero (how can this be when most people, including us, use electricity at night?) We asked questions until we felt comfortable and knew what we were getting and what the layout and design was). Installation team was very impressive in their knowledge and approach to installation. Using this website as a base of information helped educate us during the selection process.

wow! we truly appreciate such a great review, we are happy to know that we have provided you with all you needed to get your solar installed. Show additional information
The salesman (Brett) was very knowledgeable. Seriously, the guy answered any questions I would throw on him and would share a decade of experience related to solar panel business. He did not try to force me into a purchase, gave me the most professional quote that also included efficiency charts, savings calculations heaps of data on performance, etc. Brett also managed to fit 6.6KW system on my roof whereas other two quotes would not go over 5KW, as they said it was due to lack of space. The price was also 500 bucks less then the other 2. It was the first and final price, with none of that rubbish "sign now and I will drop another 100 bucks".

Tecnhaus organized someone to come on Sunday to install panels to accommodate my busy schedule at short notice from myself. The installation team was super professional, punctual, fast, cleaned after themselves. I have been told by the installation tech, that summer is the worst time to install panels, too busy, so I guess it is best to avoid peak season and install panels before it gets too hot, and suddenly everyone wants one as well

I rated "Quality of the System" at 4 stars, since I did not buy the best of the best, just a solid performer. The panels are Tier 1 manufacturer. I could have purchased inverter of the Eropean brand, but I decided to go for a cheaper one that came with a 10 year warranty instead of standard 5.

Overall I would give it a solid 4.9, since nothing is perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive response to our team, we are thrilled to know that you are so happy with our service. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
My neighbour, who spends all day every day driving a loader and observing other people working, closely watched the installation process and described the Technaus blokes as "meticulous" - high praise indeed!

We are so happy to hear this, we send out the hardest workers to give our customers the best result. Show additional information
It took me a long time to decide to purchase a solar system, because I wasn't confident about the claims made by all of the companies supplying the systems. My system was installed just 3 months ago and I'm still not 100% confident of the savings I might make. Time will tell.
Having decided to proceed with the purchase, it was then just a decision about which company was to supply it. I found Technaus to be straight shooters and they didn't try to pressure me into the transaction. I was happy with the price they offered. The installer came on time and did a very good job.
If you have decided to install a solar system, you should include Technaus amongst the companies you consider.

Thank you so much for referring us Gregory, we are glad to hear that you were happy with our service! Show additional information