• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a national family owned business founded in 2007. Our shareholders and key staff  come from engineering, installation and customer service backgrounds, allowing us to provide high end services to all our clients. We have installed over 15000 solar power systems ranging from 1 - 100kw's. No job is to big, small or complex for our professional staff.

VIC office contact phone number (03) 9191 8668

WA office contact phone number (08) 9399 8663

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

I have chosen Technaus Solar Company because they are not new players to the solar market. I was quoted higher price compare to the other solar providers but still decided to go with them because Sales person (Steve Gunton) was knowledgeable and explained everything in detail before I accepting the proposal.

Since then I was dealing with Vignesh Menon and his customer service is exceptional. He answered all my queries without any delay, went out of his way to help me with my concerns which is remarkable.

I have no hesitation to recommend this company for any potential solar buyers.
Sales were really helpful. Communication past that point was not great. Installation didn’t happen until we followed it up over a month later after being told we would be told next week. Show additional information
Using photos of roof not accurate to plan number of panels will fit - measurements and clear plans required

Hi Sharyn,

Appreciate you taking the time to review, and points taken on board. In actual fact all the panels as quoted could physically fit and be fixed, but in doing so our installers felt on the day that it would risk cracking the ridge capping, for the extra few panels to be fitted, which causes other headaches in and of itself, so it was touch and go to be fair. Your house having very old terracotta tiles, and old brittle ridge capping means we had to be extra careful, and our installers took an executive decision on the day, for the best interest of the house and individual. I hope you can appreciate that.
We also gave you an upgrade on your panel wattage, to boost performance, which I know you appreciated, and job was completed on time.

Wish you all the best for Xmas and the NY

Technaus VIC Team
Friendly and professional team work

Hi Albert,

Fantastic to hear you were happy with the result. Thank you for doing business with.
Ricardo, one of our senior consultants whom you dealt with, will be thrilled with the result :)

All the best for Christmas and the NY. Any time you should so need us for anything at all, drop us a line, more than happy to help.

Technaus VIC Team
I was happy with the experience, and got quotes from the three companies that you offered. TechnAus were the most engaged in the sale , explained their products well and gave the best price quote. Their service between sale and installation was minimal (I didn't hear from them for two weeks after paying the 10% deposit, then was told on Friday they're coming on Monday morning). Their installation was efficient and they have now given me all the paperwork to get my rebate from the state government.

Hi there,

Appreciate the feedback and kind words with regards to our services. While it has been a very busy period in the industry for all concerned, we are glad this has been pulled off without much of a hitch :)
Welcome to the solar club, and wishing you well for the holiday season, and NY.

Hi Peter,

Cheers for the review, and it was a pleasure dealing with you.
All the best with the savings, and wishing you well for Xmas and the NY.
Get in touch if you need us at any point in the future.

Technaus Vic Team
Salesman was great with information and the quote. Gave heaps of information. Run down of the steps involved and what Technaus would cover was thorough. The fellas installing were great, efficient, quick and professional. Only hassle is the aftersales support. Had trouble connecting Invertor to my WiFi and haven't had a reply to questions I emailed. Also haven't been sent a receipt for payment, yet.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feedback, and great to hear the overall experience has been positive for you.
On the emails side of things, I understand Steve has gone on leave for a week or so, so the emails should be in the process of being routed to our operations. So on the topic of getting the Wifi sorted, I will email you, and get Vig to pop around and set it up for you ASAP in the meantime. You might want to check your junk mail folder for final payment receipt. We often find it is the case that our emails end up in customers junk folder, when the settings on their end are not configured to receive the emails to their own inbox. Let me know if not in junk, and I will get Vig to also resend :)

Hi Lindsey

Appreciate the kind feeback. Really stoked to hear your overall experience was a positive one.
All the best with the savings, Xmas and the NY :)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. Wishing you well on your savings. Feel free to contact us anytime in the future, if you should so need to :)

VIC Technaus Team
Having a little knowledge on solar made me hesitant to buy one. When I stumbled upon solarquotes.com, I was surprised with the complete and detailed information that made me finally decide to go solar. Knowing the good brands and reputable installers are the keys in buying an expensive investment.

So I was contacted by 3 companies in Perth as promised and I went with TechnAus Solar as they went for extra mile by having sales visit. They even price matched the other company that I was about to go with. Thanks to Brett of TechnAus solar for being armed with answers to my questions.

Hi Henry,

Thanks so much for the review. Stoked to hear you found your experience with us overall a positive one. Brett is definitely your man when it comes to solar.
All the best with your savings, and feel to contact us anytime if you should so need to :)

WA Technaus Team
Thank you Solarquotes for putting TechnAus (Vic) in touch me with for my solar system requirements. Within 48 hours of my initial inquiry I was contacted by Steve Gunton, who I found excellent to deal with. From the first meeting with Steve right through to his follow up after the installation (just 6 weeks in total time) he has been terrific. The installation was prompt and seamless. Less than 7 days after the installation my system was inspected and signed off. Well done TechnAus. Cheers Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the kind feedback with your install. Steve will be rapt with your overall experience of our services :)

Hi Michael,

Appreciate the kind feedback. Wishing you well on your savings, and feel to contact us anytime for anything related to your solar and savings :)

Regards

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for the positive review. Wishing you well for your savings.
Should you so need us at a later date, please feel to drop us a line :)

Best wishes.

VIC Technaus Team
Sales was really great to deal with.. I had done some research already so it was a no nonsense meeting..
Install team was fast, efficient and friendly..
All round good quality for money and great service..
Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Technaus Solar..
System has been running for just over a week.. with zero issues..

Appreciate the review Peter, and welcome to the solar family :)

Best Wishes

WA Technaus Team
The overall experience was great. The only feedback I would give is that the solar companies should get up on the roof to do a proper measurement to see how many panels could fit on your roof. They mentioned I could fit ten panels (two rows of five). On installation date I was told only eight could be installed, so that is what I went for. If I knew only eight could be installed in advance, I would have opted for more powerful panels to make up for the shortfall.

Hi Elia,

Thanks for the review, and kind words. Appreciate the feedback re measures on every house.
One of the drawbacks in this industry, is that we have installers mainly solely dedicated for the installs, so we rely on the technical consultants and installation managers to make calculated judgement calls based on the vast experience that they have. Where there is surely a definite need for a pre install measure, it is always conducted, for the very tricky installs, or where there are certain doubts over certain types of cladding and space. If we get one of our installers to be solely dedicated to measure every single house, whether or not someone proceeds with their quote, there is a cost incurred of approx $150 for the time, which then needs to be either passed on to the consumer or worn by the company, so we are selective on which houses we pre measure, to keep costs competitive and not have to pass on unnecessary costs where we can. This would be the same for most decent solar companies as well. So it's a tricky spot between cost and final outcome, where we tread a fine line.
Wishing you well on the savings in any case, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes

VIC Technaus Team
Very happy with the service and install from initial contact with Lee to the installation and workmanship from Brad and his team. Very easy process from start to finish. The system appears to be working better than anticipated.

Hi Liam,

Cheers for the review. Again, Lee is your man for quality objective advice on where to turn for quality products and excellent pricing, and as for Brad and his team, top notch installers.
All the best on your savings, and feel free to contact us anytime, if you should so need us.

Technaus WA Team
I was told 3-4 weeks for installation but had to wait 6 weeks with no communication from the company, had to chase them up twice to lock down an installation date (minor annoyance). Installers were good finished the job in one day with no hassles. I am satisfied with the installed system and the sales experience.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the review with regards to your installation.
I myself was dealing with some customers of mine 2 houses down on your street the day of your install, so I saw the boys installing. And yes they did a fantastic job.
On the issue of perceived lack of communication, and as you dealt with me personally at least for the consultation and sales support, to clarify on our records, your deposit came through on the 1st Oct as remittance was received from you then (which is the point at which we can then order all gear and start the process for install), and the install was completed Monday just gone which was the 12th November, 5 weeks and 1 day from install. While I understand this is 1 week out from our initial planned 3-4 weeks, delays can and do happen for which any business, as much as they like to plan for them, sometimes can be unforeseen and or potentially unavoidable ie weather, staff down.
Glad the install went well however, and I and the team look forward to hearing about your savings, and wish you well for Xmas and the NY. Should you so need us in the future, feel free to give us a bell anytime.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - VIC

Hi John,

Appreciate the review, and thank-you for taking the time. Steve is an absolutely top bloke, and one of our most senior and experienced consultants. He'll be really rapt to hear about the outcome :)

Anytime you should need us, do give us a bell anytime.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus VIC
I think that all solar companies here in Victoria are struggling a bit from the demand since the Vic govt rebate scheme. Overall a very good experience. Just watch out on the receipts however as they issue one for the deposit and another at job completion, which does not have the initial deposit that was previously paid listed on it. This would not be a problem. However if you are applying for a rebate and need to include a receipt for the total job ensure that you included both receipts, otherwise it seems that you paid less which may affect your rebate application. Like I said not a drama but just be aware of that. The "how much did i spend" is after the vic govt rebate and STC credits have been applied.

Hi,

Thanks for the kind review. And yes indeed, the industry is "all hands on deck" at the minute, a very busy time normally during the Oct-Dec period, but doubly so due to the Solar Vic Rebate scheme.
Point taken on the deposits and final receipt comment. Apologies that was a tad confusing. Here at Technaus, we like to say it's the 1%ers that make the business, once all else is top notch, so point taken :)
Glad to hear you were impressed overall with our service, and we do wish you well on your savings for the future. Steve whom you dealt with will be rapt to here all went well. Feel free to contact us anytime, anytime you should so need us.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus VIC
Can’t answer all because being installed today
So far so good!

Hi Rob,

Steve whom you dealt with will be super pleased all went well with the install.
I am confident your savings will match and or exceed expectations :)
Should you need anything from myself or the team at Technaus VIC, you know where to find us.

All the best,

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus VIC
Communication from company was lacking. After signing up, didn't hear from anyone for a few weeks and wasn't sure what was happening.

Hi,

Thanks for the review.
Yes it has been a very busy period, as it always is last 2 months of the year, with all
hands on deck. Apologies that communication could have been a bit more forthright, initially after signup. Scheduling is normally finalised 2 weeks or so after signup, to allow for adequate planning, as changes with weather, staff etc affect
installations days. Review and feedback taken onboard. We are always for ways we can improve, so thankyou.
Wishing you well with the savings, and the best!

Technaus WA team

Hi Gary,

Cheers for the review. Absolute pleasure doing business with you.
I and the team at Technaus VIC wish you well with the savings/operation of your system.
Anytime you ever need a hand with anything solar related in the future, do drop us a line, more than happy to help.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus VIC
Jason the sales guy is really informative and was street's ahead of the competition that I also got quotes from. Was happy to discuss ins and outs of the system with me and tailor it to our situation.

Hi Paul,

Absolutely rapt with the review, and it does make me happy to know that the hard work and dedication that we put into every consultation, design and implementation/installation of our clients solar systems, does not go unnoticed, in a good way. Was great meeting you personally and designing everything for you. Feel free to drop myself or the team a line anytime, if you ever need a hand in any way.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus Solar VIC
Fast efficient installation. Because of the Victorian solar rebate I assume they were very busy and some of the paperwork was a bit delayed. Jason the Sales person followed up promptly.

Hi Anne,

Firstly thank you for the review, it helps us improve our service where we can but also lets us know where we are going right, which of course is fantastic. Yes we do acknowledge the busy period has meant a little slowness on receiving some paperwork, with the sheer volume, and systems are in place now for this extra volume. Was great working with you personally to get your solar system up and running and I and the team at Technaus VIC wish you well with your savings, and should you need myself or the team for anything, please feel free to drop us a line anytime.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager - Technaus Solar VIC
Good after installation service. Happy so far with the solar panels performance.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for the review. Really happy to hear your experience, and that it has been a pleasant experience for you. Feel free to contact Steve (whom you dealt with) or myself at the Technaus VIC office anytime, more than happy to help if you should so need us for anything.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager VIC - Technaus
Lee came out on the weekend as we have a busy working schedule and was the only one to visit us to provide the quote. Answered questions we had on the day and was very informative.

Installation appears to be done very well, impressed.

We would definitely recommend Lee and Technaus Solar.

Hi Dave,

Lee is definitely a top bloke with a lot of experience, and has been with us for some time now, which shows in the work he puts in to spend quality time with customers, so our clients needs with regards to power generation and utilisation are met. Stoked to hear everything has gone well, and we value the feedback.
Anything you may need in the future, or any questions of any nature, feel free to drop us a line, more than happy to help.

Hi Charles,

Fantastic to hear your experience with Technaus and in particular Steve, has been excellent.
Steve is definitely your man when it comes to sound and objective advice for a solar installation.
Steve and the team don't do just one product and try and push it. Every household is different, and all customers needs can be quite varied. Pleased with the result. Do let us know if you require assistance with anything in future. In the meantime, happy saving and welcome aboard the solar train :)

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager VIC - Technaus
So far, we have been very happy with the Technaus overall. From day one, they have kept in touch and been very helpful. Installation was a breeze. The electricians arrived on time and finished the job nicely without any problems at all. They were polite and efficient. They cleaned up afterwards and removed all rubbish. The inspector came about a week later and and seemed very happy with the installation. We are now waiting for the electricity provider to connect the system to the grid, plus for all the paperwork to arrive, so we can finally lodge our rebate claim. Once again, many thanks to Finn and staff from Solar Quotes for all their advice and guidance, which made our Solar experience a breeze. We have already recommended your services to a number of friends who are also looking into solar. Much appreciated guys!

Hi Michael,

Terrific feedback, and really happy to know your experience has been tops with our company. Steve our other senior technical advisor whom you dealt with will be rapt with the result.
Happy saving and please keep us in the loop should you require any further assistance.

Jason Gowans - Technical Sales Manager VIC
Everything good so far. Only recently installed and still waiting for electricity retailer to re-calibrate meter for selling back to grid. Will know more once all aspects are operating smoothly.

Chris,

Stoked to hear the feedback. Ricardo was really happy to hear the install went well and everything is up and running smoothly. Anything you need in future, let us know :)

Jason - Technical Sales Manager VIC
Would recommend that you make sure someone comes and measures your roof as we were told they could fit 22 solar panels on the roof but they could only fit 19 they adjusted the bill but still had that they were fitting 22 panels, I got them to correct that. The installers swore most of the time, argued most of the time, didn't have the right tools and arrived later than said (between 7.00 to 8.00. They were here from 8.4.5 until 3.30 as were arguing so much. Overheard comments such as... this job is not being done correctly so isn't legal, hope it's not inspected as it wont pass, we could loose our licence if that happens.
There were 2 installers initially then a third person arrived after a couple of hrs as they were only going to be here for 4 hrs. The inverter screen fogs up in the afternoon for a few hrs which it should not.
Not impressed with the installers at all.

Hi Debra,

Your feedback in invaluable to our business, without it we cannot improve our business, nor can we address issues like this, that in no way are a common occurrence in our business, but are otherwise a concern, especially when it is your home and castle.
With regards to the first issue ie number of panels that could be fitted. Regardless of the fact the whether or not a site visit had occurred, 19 panels was ever only going to fit on the roof in any case, indeed it would have been better had you known unequivocally what could have fitted. 90% of our work is however conducted with site visits, however we do have a number of clients (yourself of whom I am not 100% certain) rather us give them a costing on the phone, especially for straight forward houses, which often do not need site visits. The other issue is, site visits cost money for our installers to come and measure, so when and where we need to we always conduct them after a consultant visit, and often these costs are not born by the consumers but cost non the less. But I understand this consultation and sale was completed via phone/email, and it was decided that a site visit need not be conducted, which was an executive decision on behalf of our consultant.
Not often, but on very rare occasions, screw lines and fixing points can be un-predicatable, so while all appears AOK as far as panel placement, certain roofs can catch one out. This seems to have been the case with yours, and for that we sincerely apologise for the reduced outcome, regardless of the fact 19 panels was only ever going to fit. Would have been nice to have known beforehand, and that indeed is acknowledged.

On the issue of installers, conduct, and conversation topics ie compliance. I understand there was a disagreement of sorts on site between staff with one of our more experienced contractors in WA, which has been resolved. This is no way negates the need for them to be respectful of your personal space and home with regards to conduct, when working on site. This will be addressed today.
As far as compliance is concerned, we have absolutely no issues with compliance, as all jobs are conducted with CEC certified A grade installers, and while some jobs can be difficult at times, as I understand yours was, in no way will we ever leave a job un-compliant, as this breaches electrical safety and would not be ideal for your home or our business. I understand those issues will be clarified today also as well, but our senior ceo/electrical engineer.

On the issue of language, I myself have a policy within our business of no swearing on site. While we can all acknowledge that tradies often do not have a reputation for not swearing, bad language on site with our company is not and will not be tolerated. Quite simple. Apologies on my and Technaus behalf here for offence caused. No excuses.

This has been escalated, and Vig our senior operations manager for Technaus as a whole, will be personally in touch with you today, to go over and rectify all issues raised.
Again, thank you for the feedback. While the vast majority of our customers have had a fantastic experience and continue to do so, and while we would rather your initial experience had been a 5 star, myself and the team do not shy away when things need to be rectified.

We will be in touch.

Jason - Technaus

Hi Eunice,

Appreciate the feedback. While we are stoked with the stars for Value for Money, System Quality and Installation (although constantly striving for 5 stars), we understand communication with us while our phone lines have been down at times, has been frustrating. Feedback taken on board.

Happy saving, and we look to hear how your system is performing in the near future.

Technaus WA Team
Great experience. Any questions are fully answered and/or followed up by either TechnAus or the electrician himself.

Hi Morris,

Was great working with you personally, to put solar on your business. I understand the wifi setup to your inverter has now been complete as well. Enjoy the savings, and we look forward to catching up sometime soon.

Cheers :)

Hi Trevor,

Thankyou for your review. On the customer service end, I understand it has been a bit harder to get a hold of us of late, due to our phone lines being down. We are currently in the process of switching providers, and this has been rather a frustrating process, as many can attest to in Australia when dealing with Telcos. Even more so when you run a business and have many clients. Your rating of 3 for customer service is not taken lightly, and we appreciate you open feedback as we constantly look to find improvements to increase the overall satisfaction with experience.
Happy saving, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Hi Mary,

Thankyou for your review. Anything else we can do to assist, please do let us know :)

Hi Craig,

Appreciate the rating. Where we can improve let us know, otherwise happy saving and we look to hear from your further saving experience in the future :)

Technaus WA Team
I would definitely recommend Technaus Solar, everything was explained fully, all questions answered if I was unsure. They brought the date forward for installation to accommodate my timelines. The team who installed it were on time, polite, explained the system and extras to look out for, I could not fault them. Regarding the new government rebate and connection to the grid, a few issues with the paperwork but all was resolved through email and phone correspondence.

Hi Kathryn,

Absolutely stoked for the feedback, I and the team at Technaus Vic pride ourselves on a job well done, and it's always great to hear the happy feedback. Always open as well to where we can improve.
Was great meeting you and designing a system to suit your needs.
Happy saving, and hope to catch up sometime soon :)

Jason - Technical Sales Manager VIC

Thanks for the feedback Shaun, and happy saving :)

Technaus WA Team
Only average because of over voltage problem with energy provider and follow up

Hi Wayne,

Appreciate the feedback. Yes at times there can be issues with grid voltage in certain areas of WA, and often we have to work with the network operator as well as the inverter settings to rectify. While at times outside our immediate control, I understand this has now been sorted.
Thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to hearing about your savings :)

Technaus WA Team
Very happy. From the start Lee was very helpful. Tailored a system to work with our needs. Install was completed as indicated. Highly recommended

Thank you for the lovely review, we are glad that you had a great experience with us. Show additional information
From the first meet up till completion the service delivery was prompt, informative and the after sales service was excellent

We love to see happy clients, thank you for the great review. Show additional information
Jason was very informative at the initial stages of the process and I chose the unit on the size of it. It was a bit of a minefield to the novice but the advice and information was very helpful. The process flowed very smoothly and was relatively painless. I am still waiting for the energy supplier to get back to me about our rebate for feeding the grid but that is out of Technaus hands. Thank you very much for a smooth and painless process . Sincerely Derek

Thanks so much for the great review Derek, we hope that the energy supplier is prompt to get back to you, we are glad you had a good experience with us. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review!! Show additional information
Prompt and good service. Jason Gowans is knowledgeable and polite.

Thank you for the great feedback! Show additional information

Thank you for your good review, we are pleased to know that you were happy with our service.

The experience was made so easy by contacting you.

And the quality install was so smooth.

Thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Show additional information
From initial contact with the sales person to the final install I couldn't fault Technaus at all. Having been burnt in the past by unscrupulous renewable energy companies we were wary of making the same mistake and Steve put our minds at ease, recommending what to look out for, where to look for further information, how the STCs work, etc. The install team were great and just got on with the job with no fuss or mess.

Thank you Cath for the feedback, we are so glad that you were put at ease and found the guys easy to work with. Show additional information

Thanks for the great review! Show additional information
Overall very easy process. Salesman Lee was very patient with my bombardment of questions. Gave me all the answers I needed without just telling me what I wanted to hear, Gave me data to backup his claims on the true performance of my system. Was pleasantly surprised he didn't try to rubbish the competition and gave us confidence in his team.
Install was as expected, can't fault it, ran through the system onsite and so far so good.
Looking forward to seeing the bills.
Thanks Finn, great experience

We are pleased to see that you found the process good Tim, we work hard to give the customer 100% satisfaction. Thank you! Show additional information
The reason for rating the installation and customer service average was the engineer had a family emergency which resulted in the installation date being re-scheduled 3 times. We were not in a rush and we do not both work full time so we were ok with this, however re-scheduling 3 times was bit average.

Thank you for being so patient with us, we are happy that you are pleased with the final result. Show additional information
Sales Manager was great. The only disappointing issue was that it took a couple of emails and a month to get the following: receipt, warrantee information, User Manual, and Electrical Compliance Certificate.

Thank you for your feedback David, we are always looking to improve our services and appreciate the observation. We are so glad to hear that you were happy with the sales manager. Show additional information