• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

We chose our quotes from West Australian owned companies with offices in WA. We had quotes from Clean NRG and Technaus Solar who were both recommended by Finn Peacock.
We were happy with both companies and would recommend either. Prices, quality and service were equal but we chose Technaus because the salesman lived locally (Mandurah)

Thank you for your feedback and choosing to do business with us. Show additional information
I was very happy with the sales person and how everything was well explained. I also felt I got quite a good deal all around.

Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure doing business with you. Show additional information
Technaus Solar have been very easy to deal with. Communication went a bit quite while I was waiting for the system to be installed, but a quick follow-up had it installed within a couple of days. Installation quality appears to be good, and I am happy with the quality of the components for the price. The team have also been very helpful following installation with a few questions that I had. Would recommend them to other people

Thank you very much for your feedback we appreciate and honoured to have customers like you. Show additional information
The three suppliers offered by SolarQuotes contacted me promptly and arranged appointments. Each was friendly and offered good products. The sales representative from Technaus arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and pleasant to deal with. Two alternatives were suggested and I was impressed that he prepared an aerial photo of our house showing how the panels would fit on our roof. All the information was then emailed to me. He was the first rep to quote and they offered the best price from the beginning. After a little more research I had a couple more questions so he came by the house a second time to answer them, which I appreciated. The two installers were punctual, friendly and polite. They quietly went about their work and left no mess. Unfortunately, during the installation an excessive number of clay tiles were broken, which was disappointing, but to their credit the company took quick action and replaced them the next morning. The system was commissioned the next day. The 5.4 kW solar system consists of a Fronius Primo 5.0-1 with 20x Trina 270w solar panels. It has been in for five days and seems to be operating beautifully! The online monitoring feature is certainly useful.

Thank you taking time to give us a feedback. Show additional information
Job still not complete. Installers broke some roof tiles and I am still waiting for Technaus to have the repairs carried out. They have promised me they will do this but are having problems getting a roofing contractor around as two they contacted have let us all down. Other than that they have been very good. Show additional information
I chose Technaus (in Perth) as they gave me a great price for a Fronius + Trinia package. I paid $4800 for a Fronius Symo 5.0, 20X Trinia 270W panels, Fronius Smart Meter and installation on a difficult double storey 3-phase house.

The sales person ended up being pushy, and then has no interest once the contract is signed.

The installation team, although good and friendly, did not finish off the WiFi monitoring setup and spent less than 5 minutes showing me how it all works. I had to figure out the wifi setups myself. Installation was also delayed 2 weeks as they did not finish the job in one day, so have to re-schedule.

The accounts chases for payment even before the job was done.

So, overall, I got a price that I'm happy with. But their customer service could definitely be improved. And if you are not highly technical, WiFi setup can be difficult!
In hindsight we should have had two strings instead of only one string of 14 panels on flat roof in two rows with progressive shade pm, to the Fronius Primo 3kW string inverter.
Should have been advised to have one string on a north sloping roof (room for 10 panels) the other on the flat roof (room for 14 panels)
I think we could have had a bigger inverter.
No communication between installation team and salesman. No alternative installation was offered.
Poor paperwok
Made it clear that we wanted to maximise solar output
You can use my review with the name Lee.
Now wiser but poorer
I was quite astounded at how two of the companies that quoted were so quick to put their competitors down and resorted to scaremongering. If those companies had been competitive with their quote I still wouldn't have chosen them because of that.

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing us. Show additional information
I went with these guys not because they were the cheapest but because they use quality products for their installation. The Fronius inverter they installed is excellent. The guys that did the install ran into a lot of problems with our house because it has a second storey placed upon an existing house and it did therefore take longer than scheduled. The job they did was fantastic and we are very pleased with the result. These guys seem to have a lot of work on. But as long as you are prepared to wait a few days you will get top quality product and an excellent installation.

Thank you for your review. We value doing business with you. Show additional information

Thank you for your review and appreciate your support. Show additional information
We ended up with an EAST (50%) / WEST (50%) [Perth WA] system configuration of 24 X PV Triad Panels (270W) + Fronious 5.0kW Inverter + Fronious Smart Meter.

Now waiting to benchmark PV production rates.

Thank you for your review and rating. Show additional information
I was extremely happy with the sales representative who was very knowledgeable and
helpful. The installers were wonderful. Quick, efficient, quiet and polite.
Then administration staff were difficult to deal with.

Thank you for your review, doing business with us and for your feedback. Show additional information
Thanks Finn for your kind help our Solar panels were installed on Wednesday and the system is up and running.
Appreciate your informative and timely help. Kind Regards

Thank you for your review and ratings. Show additional information
System was installed yesterday - it was all working this morning so, so far, so good. All three companies got back to me quickly and we selected Technaus on price and knowledge. They responded quickly to email questions and turned up when they said they would - basic stuff but this wasn't the case with our first attempt to install solar (before using Finn's website).
Also, a BIG thumbs up to infinite Energy who were a very close second to fit our system and I would certainly recommend talking to them as well about your solar needs.

Their sale representative was quite helpful and attentive. He gave me the best price and a range of solar panel brands to choose from at no extra cost. Overall, very good experience.

Thank you very much for your review. It's a pleasure having you as our customer. Show additional information

Thank you for your review and for choosing us. Show additional information
I wish our system had had more flexibility in its design restrictions. E.g. Needing to have at least 4 panels at a time and only being able to have two aspects instead of 3.

Thank you for your review and for doing business with us. Show additional information
The installer's were young and inexperienced and need to learn more about installing a product with pride.

'

Thank you for your review. Show additional information
As the system was only installed on 11/04/2017, it's too early to tell whether it is operating according to our expectations.
We are trying to familiarise ourselves with the Fronius solar web site. It is currently cloudy at 3.30pm in Perth and the system is operating at 16% utilization. We don't know if this is an acceptable figure or not.

Thank you for your review and for choosing us. Show additional information
Yes. I need some advice on what I bought. I am concerned about the low power readings.
The system was installed a week ago. It cost me $4800. Included were: Fronius Symo Inverter and 20 x Trina 270w solar panels. Installation went well. No issues.
The roof panels are 10 each side, east and west. the house faces south.
Right now I don't know if I have a issue but I do have concerns and would like your advice.

I want to know if the output I am getting is correct and acceptable. in the last three days I have taken readings. This came about after i received a call and paid my bill; then asked about the output which seemed low to me based on what the installer showed me to look for. I asked for advice and was steered to the Maintenance Manager. He told me not to worry about the two sides actual input figures
He said I should expect an average of 20 kWh per day, and between 19 and 22. I have done that for three days and have got the following at 6pm as sun disappears:
Monday. 11.479 for day. Sunny day. At 4pm the west panel was giving 1613 output (sun at about 30 Degrees up from level).
Tuesday. 12.907. Sunny with small periods of very light temporary cloud
Wednesday. 12997. Nearly perfect day. very little cloud. very minimal.
I have not seen the two input readings totalling beyond about 3.6, even at 12 midday. It did touch 4 immediately after install when i was shown the system. I have never seen it since and have been monitoring regularly through the day.
I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Tom

Thank you for your review. Show additional information
I had researched pretty intensely prior to Technaus quoting so essentially knew what we wanted. They only had to provide a better quote then others. Green wiring was good and quoted first but they did not offer good finance option. Infinite energy offered the most informative quote and showed heaps more interest in getting business which was appreciated. However, the system they presented was superior (on face value as was an optimised panel and inverter system) but was more then we wanted to spend. We feel we got the best value for money with our final decision.

Thank you for your review and for choosing us. Show additional information

• Thank you for your review and for choosing us. Much appreciated Show additional information
Technaus was professional from sales to installation. Everything went smoothly and the steps were explained well. We are very happy with the result and looking forward to the savings and changing our appliances from gas to power.

Thank you very much for your loyalty. We are pleased to have customers like you. Show additional information
Delivered on time, completed all necessary paperwork, very pleasant and accomodating installation crew who cleaned up 100%.

It was a pleasure doing business with you! Thank you for choosing us! Show additional information
Very satisfied with the price of the system JA solar panels and a Fronius inverter including the smart meter. By far the lowest price. The installation and service by the installers was great. Would highly recommend Technaus and the installers from Ramselect

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated. Show additional information
The quote we recieved from Technaus was excellent...blew the other companies out of the park! The install was easy, the guys were friendly and got everything done in a day. We had some issues with our inverter sending us error emails, but the installer came back quickly and fixed it up! Overall I would recommend Technaus, they are nice guys, with great quality products and the best prices. Show additional information
Would have preferred to go with Geelong company but they couldn't compete with price. Quality of hardware and installation seemed comparable. Of course only time will tell as to reliability of panels, inverter and any back up service if required. Show additional information
This is the first time I had dealt with this company. I wanted someone local who were prepared to explain their products and service. I had previously dealt with another national firm and the experience was not so good - I knew what to look for this time.
Technaus did not disappoint. They delivered exactly as they said they would at a fairly good price and right on time. I can't believe it was that easy to install the system- we were not even home for most of the time they were doing the installation.
Any and all questions were promptly answered, or if the question wasn't able to be immediately answered over the phone they got back to me within a reasonable time with answers that satisfied me and were easy to understand.
In addition the installers (lead by Rory) who came to my house were friendly and professional, the install work was tidy and the property was left clean when they departed. As I was working from home that day, they gave me plenty of notice before disconnecting the power (for less than a hour). Rory also answered any further question regarding day-to-day operation or the installation itself.
The information we got from Solar Quotes was a huge assistance to us and enabled us to make an informed decision when comparing different companies. Show additional information
All interactions with the company including after sales has been exemplary. I would highly recommend Technaus Solar. Show additional information
Thank you for your time. Show additional information
Emphasis on the final connection from your electrical supplier is important, as you don't reap the rewards on your investment until this happens.
This can take up to month.
The other two suppliers you recommended both made contact, one by email only with price options but i consider this poor service.
The other we had a issue with product, not entirely there fault but once we had clarified the issue, no follow up whatsoever.
Names supplied if required.
Would recommend Technaus Solar to anybody, well done.
Now waiting for first BILL!!

Thanks to You Finn, great assistance throughout.
Although I am extremely happy with the system, the supplier and installer, I am a little disappointed in the post installation experience. I know a lot to do with the connection to the grid is beyond their control, but it would be nice to be kept in the loop as far as the status of the connection is concerned, as well as follow up information requested for add-ons. Show additional information