• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

Chose my supplier for several reasons.
Amiable and accomodating sales rep.
Good quality equip such as Fronius and Canadian.
Price was better than others supplying same panels and inverter.
Supplier is the closest one to my home.
The Solar system was installed and delivered with a surprise upgrade for free due to their minor miscalculation. So I actually got a slightly more than 6KW system for the same quote. Show additional information
Communication of company was poor, invoice had no detailed information about products, just listed items.
For example, 10 Jinko Panels.
Instead of 10 X 270 kW X5 Generation 3 polycrystalline Jinko panels.
Jason was a very honest sale guy and no hard sale in discussion. Since they were very busy schedule was delayed for a few weeks. But I am OK with that as their price was the best out of 3 I quoted. Installer Abdul was a very good electrician and did a fantastic job.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.
Just spent about 30 mins with Jason Gowans whom is easy to talk to. No nonsense guys, no hard selling, all questions answered, and he promised to give me his best price with no further negotiation on the spot. Jeez ..... the price was great, the product quoted was one of the best (ie Trina Honey panels and Fronius inverter). Installation was scheduled 10 days earlier.
A small problems surface later informing me that the shipment for the quoted 275W panels will be delayed and it will arrive a few months later which will not meet my installation date. The scheduler (Vignesh) then suggest they have 270W panels ready to be installed and I will need to pay for the difference in prices for the increase of one more panel. I refused and Vignesh contacted me a couple of hours later to say they will be happy to keep the original price if I use the 270W panels plus give me an additional panel at no cost. That was great for me.
Installer was a sub-contractor, John knows what he is doing and they did the whole installations in 5 hours with two other helpers. John try to work around the possible shading issues which might happen in Winter, so he is quick in his thinkings and carry out the panels relocation fast.
No paper works submission needed from me, all done thru Technaus.
Inspector comes in the next day to certify and signed for the electrical checks and installation. Smart meters reconfigured and Solar system feed-in tariff in less than 3 weeks.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.
Installation got delayed. Show additional information
We've only just had our installation and it is not switched on yet as there is debate about the need for an AC isolater. The inverter is just 3 mts away from the meter box but it is around a corner and behind a roller door. The roof installers did not fit one but left it ontop of inverter. The electrician said it needed to be installed but couldnt do it.
The manager doesnt think we need one.
We want one.
Regards
Went with them because they were $500 cheaper than closest rival. Compared panels and the ones offered were better than the more expensive one. They had some stock issue on the panel I ordered but that meant i got a free upgrade. So far so good. Still eagerly waiting first power bill since installation to see savings. Show additional information
Standard of installation for 10.2 KW PV system was good however it took almost one week to complete because installation work was carried by essentially one man only. I waited over a week for Clean Energy Council inspector to inspect meter & inverter then another week before installer received paperwork from inspector. Electricity retailer (Dodo) appeared to have no idea as to how long it would take United Energy to configure meter to allow feed in to electricity grid. I had to follow Dodo up every day to achieve result. Show additional information

Thankyou for your review Denis Show additional information

Thankyou for your feedback Saab Show additional information
All three providers were very prompt in calling to arrange for a visit to inspect the property and complete a quote. The checklist you provided was most helpful in our discussions with the three representatives. All three quotes were remarkably close and the knowledge of all three representatives was excellent. Although they had their own "favourite" panels and inverters, all three were more than willing to provide a quote based on the panel/inverter makes that I had selected.

Thankyou for your kind review Karl, great to hear you had a pleasant experience with your purchase Show additional information
The price and installation was good, however I have yet to hear back from Technaus on why I can’t get wifi connectivity to the FRONIUS solar.web live app.

I called and spoke to Guru who advised me to send an e-mail to FRONIUS tech support which I did. But on the FRONIUS website it say the best way to get a answer back is if the installer gets in touch with their distributor.

So I still cant get wifi setup for my system.
Technaus Solar rep was great in explaining the ins/outs of various panel brands. Willing to answer fully our questions fully and explained in lay terms the various differences between panels/systems/outputs etc.

Obviously I'll be able answer the questions re Quality of System / Installation / Customer Service once the installation is carried out.
Very helful and very quick with the installation. We ordered Trina panels but because they would not be here till December they installed Canadian panels 3.5 at no extra cost. All is working already. Very Happy. Show additional information
The system was installed on the 28th Oct appears to be working fine. Since install I've had no followup from supplier as to when Network upgrade or reprogram of meter will occur. Neither have I had a Cert of Electrical Safety issued by the installer, both items have been requested from Technaus. I'm still waiting! Show additional information
Thank you for your quote system. The suppliers were quick to answer..all in all, it has been a useful tool to use, since all suppliers except one were not in my list of companies to contact...Thank you Annick Show additional information
Company seemed a bit confused overall - confused as to where the panels should go, confused as to where the electrician is, confused as whether the job was complete and confused with when they where going to pitch up. However they were our cheapest quote and the people I dealt with were friendly. Lacking communication between themselves was where they fell short. The job was done in the end. Show additional information
Technaus we're the quickest to respond to my enquiry and we're the best priced from the outset with high quality components. Lee was very thorough and patient with all my questions. and his professionalism was great. Other installers also quoted, one very high pressure and will match any quote but wouldn't leave a price unless we would buy on the day? another was also very competitive but we felt more comfortable with Lee's knowledge and Technaus.

Would highly recommend this company. Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to review our services, we appreciate your business and positive feedback Show additional information
The initial contact with Lee was great up until the order was placed. Then the wheels fell off.
They installed the wrong inverter
Returned the next day to install the correct inverter.
The installer did not know how to set up the WiFi.
New paperwork was not supplied with correct inverter on for warranty purposes
Serial numbers were not supplied for warranty purposes.
Despite many e mails to correct the above NONE of the above has been rectified.
Definetely would not recommend this company.
Next step is Consumer Affairs.

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your critique of our service - we have reviewed in detail your experience with us and acknowledge that there was an initial issue with the equipment sent to your property, due to an administrative error. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused and have used your feedback to further improve our service. As you mentioned, this was rectified promptly the following day. In regard to the other aspects of your review, in fairness to us, I don’t believe there are grounds for complaint.
Warranty documents were emailed within the week of completion. When you contacted our rep to advise that you were having difficulty setting up wifi, he made an apointment to attend your property the following day and arrived on time, but no one one answered the door. He then rang your phone, left a msg and waited for 10 minutes, then left his card on your door. We have since confirmed with the inverters manufacture that the wifi on your unit is enabled and operational.
If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly at our office
Jason sold us our system, he explained everything clearly and everything happened the way he said in the time frame that was quoted, even finishing the installation a day early.
We choose the Trina panels with a Fronius inverter. We would have no hesitation in recommending Technaus to anyone and everyone. Great job guys it looks fantastic, just waiting now to be hooked into the grid how exciting.

Hi Sue and Lyn,

Absolutely a pleasure doing business with you, and I am glad the system is in as per the plan.
Thank you for your vote of confidence thus far.
Should you need any assistance moving forward, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Jason Gowans - Technaus VIC State Manager
Of the three vendors provided by Solar Quotes, Technaus repsonded the quickest and went out of there way to get my business. They made initial contact within 24hrs of me raising the enquiry. I was going away before the next time the rep was in my area so he made a special trip down to get my business. (we are rural) The system recommendationa and price was in line with our expectations.
However, order was made on the 15/9 and application to Western Power was made next day.Western Power still havent been, but I thought Technaus may have been following up and letting me know what is going on.
Technaus have been to site check the installation
From a good start they are slowly dropping down the customer service rating, although I know the delay in meter change is not their fault.

Thanks for the business and your feedback Peter. Much appreciated.

The guys rocked up on time and did a great job. The system is producing way more power than they told me it would. Best price, best quality, best service. Definitely recommend technaus to anybody

Technaus Solar are very happy that you are satisfied with your new Solar system. Thankyou for doing business with us. Show additional information

Thank you for your positive review Gai, we appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the savings on your energy bill Show additional information
I had to chase them for an installation, they took longer to install than indicated, but they did install when they said they would and they came back to complete it when they said they would. Overall a good experience, I’d recommend them, still to see how effective they are, only completed the job today. Show additional information

Thankyou for your review Bob Show additional information
System not installed yet but all seems its going to happen very soon Show additional information
The sales person was very good but then it went downhill from there. This company has very poor communication skills amongst all their staff. When we struck issues eg tile going through the ceiling, the approach from staff was rude and aggressive. The tradesperson who fixed the ceiling did a fantastic job. We were not treated very well when we had problems with the WIFI, warranty extension set-up and the IT specialist, technician made us and the sales representative feel like idiots. The installers didn't even know where to put the solar panels? They asked me where I wanted them placed and I explained that they should know themselves where the best position was due to their supposedly expertise.

Hi,
While it is regrettable that there was an issue during installation, this was rectified promptly and professionally with no expense spared. At the customers request the ceiling of an entire room was repainted and made better than new.
In regard to the installers confirming locations prior to starting work, this is a standard procedure and good work practise to ensure there is no confusion and that there will be no issues at handover.
While setup of wifi and warranty registration is not a standard service (as it needs to be registered from clients personal email account) as a gesture of good will, we send our representative out to assist with this.
My sincere apologies that our service did not meet your expectations. If you require any assistance in future please feel free to contact me directly at our office.
Steve Gunton
State Manager
Overall the whole process went well including installation and i was happy with everything. I didn't like the customer service and how they handled themselves before the installation.
The negative:
1. I was promised 4 weeks for installation and had to wait 7-8 weeks, due to them being extremely busy.
2. They sent an external installer to do the job and never stated anything. (this external installer did a good job).
3. Slow to respond and a little unorganized with the scheduling of the installations.

The positive:
1. Good competitive overall pricing.
2. Great Technical advice.
3. Excellent product quality.

In conclusions I would recommend this installer. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for your feedback and Technaus thank you for doing business with us. Show additional information
Technaus beat all other installers by price hands down. Even with them supplying the top inverter as well as above average panels. They also installed before the promised date and had it all up and running within 3 and a half weeks. What more could you ask for?

Thankyou for your review. It was a pleasure to do business with you. Show additional information
installed system ok but no help with monitoring coms

Thanks for your review, we will be in touch to discuss your monitoring coms Show additional information
The technaus sales rep visited our house which gave us confidence that we would not be up for any surprises. They said the install will be done within 4 weeks which they honoured and a inspection was carried out the next day which picked up a fault with the install. This was rectified and the system has been running without an issue since.
We are still in the process of connecting with our electrical supplier.

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to have been able to assist you with your Solar. Show additional information
The installation started at 815 and at 445 (26 panels) we were advised they'd have to come back another day to install the smart meter although when they first arrived we were advised apoorximalty 4 hours.

Other than the timing every thing else ran smoothly

We are sorry that there was a delay in your installation. Thank you for doing business with us. Show additional information
After getting door to door salespeople and other solar companies calling to pressure you into buying cheap solar systems for more than the price of the best, I got hold of Lee Proctor from Technaus solar! Lee was very professional and easy to talk with, explaining everything we had asked him with no hesitations or hurdles and backed up what he said with real facts! The whole process was very easy and we were non pressured into anything we didnt feel comfortable with, and Lee was very quick to get back to me with returning calls and messages. Make the right choice the first time, don't get caught in solar scams......You will get the best products that will give you real savings. Can't be any happier with our new solar system! Highly recommend Lee Proctor and his dedicated professionalism to anyone

Thank you for you review. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our company and our sales consultant Lee. Was a pleasure doing business with you. Show additional information
It is difficult to the above questions as this the first time I have had any exposure to dealing with solar equipment. the quality seems okay, but who knows what happens in the future. The installers where in a hurry to go and we did not have a detailed handover. felt pressured in signing of on installation because of time. The system seems to be working okay. The inverter( Fronius) is noisy when it is operating during the day, I did not expect that.

Thanyou for your review, we are glad to have been able to help you with your Solar. Show additional information
Very happy with the overall package and installation. Yvonne is very approachable and friendly person. Was originally quoted on 15 panels but opted for 16 at the last minute which was sorted without hassle. Installation was quick and professional, with a full run through of the system and the isolations. Very pleased overall, wish i got solar years ago.

Thankyou for your review. We are very happy to have been able to assist you and we are glad that you are happy with your Solar. Thank you Show additional information
I had been looking for a system for some time and my interest was reignited by a pushy sales guy at the door (I forget which company) offering a system that wouldn't cost anymore than I was currently spending on my electricity bill. it was quite pressured warning me the rebate was about to end but I could apply THEN AND THERE and lock it in "if it was still available". it was soon evident the system was $3000-$4000 more expensive than a comparable 4Kw system.
I did some research and got some quotes through Solar Quotes, Technaus were one of the quickest to respond and the best price from the start, several companies sent much higher quotes but promised to beat any written quote but I like to reward the people who put the work into keeping prices low.
The Technaus sales team were great, no pressure at all, changed the spec several times for me. and gave me a system that I was after (Fronius/Canadian Solar). the installation was smooth and as scheduled, no unexpected costs and almost no paperwork, they take care of everything!

If I could start again knowing what I know now I'd install a larger system (I'm already looking at adding an additional 1 Kw) but apart from that i'd do it all again no problem.

I have no hesitations in recommending Technaus to friends

We are very happy that you are satisfied with your Solar package. Thank your for doing business with us. Show additional information
I had a great experience through Yvonne when looking at options and buying a new solar panel system for my first new home. I was surprised on the day of install to have been given an upgrade so can't complain! I can't wait to start having cheaper electricity bills!

Thank you for your review. Technaus are very pleased that you are happy with our service and our consultant Yvonne too. Show additional information
Steve from Technaus was very helpful, and agreed to install the particular panels I wanted, even though they weren't the ones they were recommending. The installation was carried out very efficiently, and with no fuss or mess.
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking at having a solar system installed.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you are satisfied with your Solar. Thank you Show additional information