Technaus Solar Reviews

About Technaus Solar, Solar Installers

Technaus Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Armadale and serves WA and VIC. The company has been established and thriving for over 10 years. It capitalizes on having in house installation team that offers extensive care even after installation. Also, holds an electrical contractors licence .The team at Technaus Solar offers top notch customer service.

Technaus Solar Solar Reviews

Great service and advise from start to the installation of the equipment. More than Happy to recommend Technaus to anyone thinking about having a solar system installed. Show additional information
We have only had solar in for about a week.. So far so good. Waiting on the inspection from Electricity supplier .

Thank you for all your assistance and advice would recomend your services.
The installer Brad Robson would be one of the best professional workman I have come across ,his attitude towards personal service is exceptional,nothing was to hard,installing the system in pouring rain and very windy conditions .i give Rob an 11 out of 10.
Thanks again guys I highly recommend you.
Regards Barry
Technaus were the only company we found (and I obtained quotes from 5 vendors) that worked with me to help me understand their product, understand the design to match our roof (many were adamant to put all the panels on the south......but could not explain why the East and Nth would not be better or worse for us! Some claimed they would make our bill zero (how can this be when most people, including us, use electricity at night?) We asked questions until we felt comfortable and knew what we were getting and what the layout and design was). Installation team was very impressive in their knowledge and approach to installation. Using this website as a base of information helped educate us during the selection process. Show additional information
The salesman (Brett) was very knowledgeable. Seriously, the guy answered any questions I would throw on him and would share a decade of experience related to solar panel business. He did not try to force me into a purchase, gave me the most professional quote that also included efficiency charts, savings calculations heaps of data on performance, etc. Brett also managed to fit 6.6KW system on my roof whereas other two quotes would not go over 5KW, as they said it was due to lack of space. The price was also 500 bucks less then the other 2. It was the first and final price, with none of that rubbish "sign now and I will drop another 100 bucks".

Tecnhaus organized someone to come on Sunday to install panels to accommodate my busy schedule at short notice from myself. The installation team was super professional, punctual, fast, cleaned after themselves. I have been told by the installation tech, that summer is the worst time to install panels, too busy, so I guess it is best to avoid peak season and install panels before it gets too hot, and suddenly everyone wants one as well

I rated "Quality of the System" at 4 stars, since I did not buy the best of the best, just a solid performer. The panels are Tier 1 manufacturer. I could have purchased inverter of the Eropean brand, but I decided to go for a cheaper one that came with a 10 year warranty instead of standard 5.

Overall I would give it a solid 4.9, since nothing is perfect.
My neighbour, who spends all day every day driving a loader and observing other people working, closely watched the installation process and described the Technaus blokes as "meticulous" - high praise indeed! Show additional information
It took me a long time to decide to purchase a solar system, because I wasn't confident about the claims made by all of the companies supplying the systems. My system was installed just 3 months ago and I'm still not 100% confident of the savings I might make. Time will tell.
Having decided to proceed with the purchase, it was then just a decision about which company was to supply it. I found Technaus to be straight shooters and they didn't try to pressure me into the transaction. I was happy with the price they offered. The installer came on time and did a very good job.
If you have decided to install a solar system, you should include Technaus amongst the companies you consider.
Took the time tho investigate the shadow pattern from my neighbour's tree and came up with an installation that avoided the shadow pattern... Show additional information
Great service. Matched and beat quotes from other installers
Installed in good time.
Installation of the solar system was delayed due to an error with the design app used when first quoting.
Technaus Solar & Ramselec worked with me to finalize a design and install in the shortest time.

Thanks Henryk for taking the time to review, we appreciate your business and glad we came through with the best price, quality and nicest salesperson. Show additional information

Thanks Joey for the 5 star review, we appreciate your business and taking the time to review. Show additional information
If you send an emai to the office they always phone or email you back. It was pretty obvious this company sets out to give satisfaction.

Thanks Charles for your great review, we appreciate your business and am glad you are super satisfied with the service and products we provided to you. Show additional information

Thanks Lyn for taking time to provide a review, we appreciate your business and glad we were able to assist you in getting top quality solar. Show additional information
Technaus Solar gave solid information re solar energy and referred us to many websites to help us make our decision. The installation went very smoothly and the tradies involved were willing and able to answer any questions I had.
The only 'glitch' was I received a phone call re payment, which was a mistake at their end as I have not heard from them since.

I would not only recommend this company to others, but also advise them to use 'Solar Quotes'. Your site provided valuable information about getting solar power, as well as arranging the three quotes.

Thanks Elspeth for your review, glad the process was super smooth for you and we were able to service you in getting great quality solar. Show additional information
Everything was completed very efficiently and quickly, the salesman, Jason was very well prepared with all the information I needed.

I'm not sure if this is suitable to put on you website but it essentially came down to what I thought was the best quality system (based on the information on your website) and negotiability on price as two of them came up with around the same price for similar systems.
We had Technaus install our Solar System. The sales process was fantastic. The sales representative was great very informative and was not pushy. On the day of install the installers arrived on time, very polite and explained everything they were doing.

The very disappointing part of our purchase has been not been able to connect our inverter to the solarweb app. As Technaus already had been paid in full the care factor was negative. They all of a sudden became a very unhelpful company. Even as at today some 2 weeks after install we can not connect to the solarweb app.

For the above reason I would not recommend nor would I ever use Technaus solar again!
Really pleased with the whole process from sale to install. Jason from Technaus Solar visited us as part of the quote and provided me with a lot of info and took time to explain various aspects to me specifically around tree shading to the front of our property which affected the panels installed. The install itself was really efficient and the team did a great job. many thanks. Show additional information
In my case we had difficulty with access to the roof. Initially it was proposed to place the system on a section of the house that is single level however upon investigation with regard to shading and performance the system location was moved to the front of the house, two story at one end and three at the the other end. Technuas did not visit site and used satellite photos to quote the job, it appears they forgot Streetview also exists and didn't look at the front elevation of the house. When the installer arrived in mid November 2017 he was unable to do the job.

It seemed that Technaus agonised over the need to provide a lift device to assist in installing the panels. Finally after much delay I instigated a negotiated position where I paid for more than half the lift unit and the installer finally arrived in mid January 2018.

My main issue with Technaus was the level of communication and honesty(?) perhaps lack of being direct about what they needed. The installer worked very hard and long over a weekend to get the system installed. It was a difficult installation and he did a good job. The level of communication and advice about how long the work would take was very poor.

The system is working as advertised and seems to be good quality gear - Fronius inverter - time will tell. There pricing I believe is very good, despite having to contribute more to get the installation done. Make sure they understand your job. I had height issues AND a steep roof pitch - they should have checked this out.

I felt bad for installer working on his own but was also frustrated by bad advice on time for the install. On a more conventional home, I have no doubt Technaus would do a great job.

Hi Ron,
It's great to hear that the system is functioning well, and appreciate you took the time to acknowledge that. It is however disapponting that you omit the fact no other installers wanted to touch this job, we were the only ones who at the end of the day vied for your business due to the level of diificulty. This was acknowledged by you to our installer. Furthermore the reason no one came out initially was due to the way you wanted the consultation to proceed. Most people like site consults, which 80% of our work is, this was conducted via phone which is quite normal this day and age. You gave us a 3 out of 5 for installation and yet acknowledged the job was top notch, via email to us and the installer. You neglect to mention some of the real difficulties and lengths we went to, to achieve a fantastic result, on a job 95% of installers would walk away from, not just because of the roof pitch, but the access.
While we do indeed acknowledge some areas of communication could always be improved, your mention of level of honesty was pretty unfair.
This job indeed was scheduled to be installed at the rear, and on reconsideration to benefit you, it was considered better at the front for efficiency gains. And while it was much harder, we didnt walk away from it. Yes there were some issues with the consideration of pitch, which we also acknowledge.
Last year as well as a whole for the entire industry, leading up to Christmas is a very busy period, and delays can and do happen. Whilst unfortunate, this has zero bearing on our ability to do an honest and top notch job.
In summary we wish you all the best, and please let us know how the system is performing as you start to save :)
Regards
Technaus Team

Hi Rick,
Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your business. Glad we were able to provide you with the best price, quality and nicest salesperson.
I did a fair bit of research and compared a number of different companies before deciding to use Technaus. The main reason I ended up using Technaus was because of the professionalism and prompt follow up provided by Jason. He explained everything in detail and the solution offered, made the most sense. The after sales service provided by Vignesh has also been fantastic! Very happy with the Trina panels and Fronius inverter. They work a treat!

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your generous review, was a pleasure
doing business with you!
Regards
Brilliant.
No pressure. Lee was very helpful
Install was done with no issues.
Well done

So glad getting solar was as easy as it should be, thanks for your business and review Show additional information
All three quotes were prompt and competitive. The components in all cases were of good quality. We chose Technaus because the sales person, Jason, was particularly
knowledgeable and very helpful. He was able to answer all of our questions and offer the right advice when it came to comparison of different size and type of systems.
The system was installed promptly and has been operating for several weeks now. It has been inspected and approved and we are waiting on our supplier to recalibrate the meter. Very impressed with both yourself and Technaus and would be happy to recommend both of you to any prospective clients.
Russell

Hi Russell,
Thankyou for your review. Wishing you all the best, and happy saving!!!

Hi Paul,

Thankyou for the review.
All the best with the savings and let me know how we could be of assistance in
the future. All the best!

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Best price they understand what I want so do your home work and only get what you pick don't let them tell you whats best as they will try to sell you crap. Technaus Solar understand what you want and won't sell you other brand they also are part of Clean Energy Council

Thanks for the honest review Jack, we do indeed try to fit the system to the customer. Thanks for your business and your references to other family members, we appreciate it. Show additional information
The contractors installed the system on Friday morning 19th January and the electrician connected it on the afternoon. Someone from Technaus rang us after electrician left asking for payment which we did electronically.
Over the weekend there was an error code in inverter window which worried us. We rang the office on Monday and were told the engineer would call back. Nobody called back so we rang again on Monday, still unable to talk to engineer. We emailed the sales person who in turn emailed the "Team" to call us. Nobody called! We phoned again on Monday 29th January and spoke to Guru who talked me through getting rid of the error code. I monitored the inverter after and noticed that it built up power and shut itself off continuously. Guru told me it was best to email him if there was another problem so I emailed him on the same day 29th January and have not had any response. The inverter still shuts down and restarts at random.

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your comments, sorry the inverter error code was a drawn out process for you. Our new staff have refined communication processes further to avoid not getting back to service issues with haste. I'm glad we were able to rectify the inverter error for you and we appreciate your business.
From start to finish Technaus were great. Great product, Best price from the outset. Another company offered to match the price but quoted $500 more initially so didn't seem fair.

Install went very well, installers very polite and left no mess. I opted for the Fronius inverter and Trina panels, both high end products.
Another company suggested a Chinese inverter for $600 less and if it fails, just buy a new one. what he didn't tell me is the labour cost to do the change. Seemed a bit slack to offer a cheap inverter on the proviso, just buy a new one when it dies.

Thank you Solarquotes and Technaus. Very happy

Hi Dave,

So glad you are super happy with your system and our service. Thank you for taking the time and for the 5 star review.
Happy with the install panels and inverter are working well. Quote was given with minimal BS. Installer was a 3rd party but a good job generally just a few dings in the roof sheets.

Hi Mark,
Great to hear your happy with your system and the approach of our team. Technaus have our in house installers. During the peak summer period in order to install your system within a quick time frame we used another installation team, glad they also gave you great service.
There is a fairly long delay between deposit and installation I have had to chase company up a couple of times to try and get updates as to when the installation will take place. Selling product that they do not have in stock does not help!

Hi Kevin, our Armadale warehouse does allow us to hold stock on site, its unfortunate the installation time was larger than we would have liked over this peak demand summer period. We now have increased administration staff to keep contact with our customers so processes can be handled with increased ease. Thanks for taking time to review and we appreciate your business. Show additional information
Sales person stated the wait time would be 4 weeks, after the 4 weeks passed I contacted them and was informed it would be a total of 10 weeks!!! We chose this company due to there quick installation wait time which turned out to be longer than other companies we were looking at. It appears as soon as we committed everything slowed down. Originally agreed to a 22 panel system but they only sent 19 with the install team (the install team were great, explained everything and had it all up and running in 2-3 hours).

As soon as we signed off on the installation of the system, we were handed the invoice which was due that day. This was frustrating as it didn't allow us to inspect the system and see if it works correctly over night. As it turned out the invoice was wrong so we held off payment until we had a correct invoice. This didn't stop them from still chasing payment and threatening use of debt collectors. In the end I had to chase them for a correct invoice so we could finalize payment.

Would not recommend this company

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear the review of your experience. During this period we did indeed experience high demand and time before installation which we are sincerely apologetic about. We have since increased our team including new administration staff to assist with customers and streamline processes from start to finish to avoid these issues in the future. Show additional information
Very happy with my decision to go with TechnAus Solar.
Very professional, friendly service.

Thanks Dan, so glad you appreciated our service and low prices Show additional information
Chose my supplier for several reasons.
Amiable and accomodating sales rep.
Good quality equip such as Fronius and Canadian.
Price was better than others supplying same panels and inverter.
Supplier is the closest one to my home.

So glad you are happy with the product and service Show additional information

Hi Mick,

Thanks for taking the time to review our service, rating our prices and quality of systems and super good to hear we had the nicest salesperson :)
The Solar system was installed and delivered with a surprise upgrade for free due to their minor miscalculation. So I actually got a slightly more than 6KW system for the same quote.

Hi Peng,

Thanks for the review there!
Happy Saving :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Communication of company was poor, invoice had no detailed information about products, just listed items.
For example, 10 Jinko Panels.
Instead of 10 X 270 kW X5 Generation 3 polycrystalline Jinko panels.

Hi Glen, sorry to hear your experience with the communication was lacking. Specification sheets and all product details are given at the time of the quote. Thank you for the time taken to review and we are glad we were able to provide the personalized experience by being the only company to come quote in person. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Sarah!
All the best :)

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Jason was a very honest sale guy and no hard sale in discussion. Since they were very busy schedule was delayed for a few weeks. But I am OK with that as their price was the best out of 3 I quoted. Installer Abdul was a very good electrician and did a fantastic job.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Hi ,
Big system this was, and stoked we could get this bad boy up and running for you
so smoothly :) All the best

Jason - Technaus VIC Sales Manager
Just spent about 30 mins with Jason Gowans whom is easy to talk to. No nonsense guys, no hard selling, all questions answered, and he promised to give me his best price with no further negotiation on the spot. Jeez ..... the price was great, the product quoted was one of the best (ie Trina Honey panels and Fronius inverter). Installation was scheduled 10 days earlier.
A small problems surface later informing me that the shipment for the quoted 275W panels will be delayed and it will arrive a few months later which will not meet my installation date. The scheduler (Vignesh) then suggest they have 270W panels ready to be installed and I will need to pay for the difference in prices for the increase of one more panel. I refused and Vignesh contacted me a couple of hours later to say they will be happy to keep the original price if I use the 270W panels plus give me an additional panel at no cost. That was great for me.
Installer was a sub-contractor, John knows what he is doing and they did the whole installations in 5 hours with two other helpers. John try to work around the possible shading issues which might happen in Winter, so he is quick in his thinkings and carry out the panels relocation fast.
No paper works submission needed from me, all done thru Technaus.
Inspector comes in the next day to certify and signed for the electrical checks and installation. Smart meters reconfigured and Solar system feed-in tariff in less than 3 weeks.
I would strongly recommend to anyone.

Hi Prinze,
Appreciate your generous review!
Really happy we could get this system up
and running for you with minimal hassle :)
All the best