Velocity Solar

Velocity Solar Reviews

Velocity Solar is a Solar Power Installation company that serves Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, The Surf Coast, Colac and South West Victoria.

Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,592 - $5,300 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Velocity Solar Reviews (80)

4.2/5

Attentive

Deposit paid, installation delayed by Covid. Constant follow up regarding installation date. Inspection was deferred, but punctual and informative when rescheduled.

Great experience overall

Customer service was excellent from the beginning. They were able to answer all my questions & designed a system to suit my needs. Their quote for a good quality solar system was reasonable. The tradies did a great job & I am happy with the end result. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking at getting solar.

Excellent Installer

Would highly recommend this installation company, pleasant to deal with, great workmanship, easy to contact.

Excellent service

The whole Velocity Team were fantastic to work with. Customer service was excellent as was the workmanship and attention to detail.

Fabulous!

We have had solar systems at other homes in the past, this system is generating more than any other we have ever had. Venergy gave us a great deal and instructed us on how to apply for the rebates they were very professional every step of the way. The installers were punctual, and professional also, spending time to explain our system in detail. Our property was left clean and tidy. We received follow up call calls and emails after installation. I would not hesitate in recommending Venergy to any of my family or friends.

Original Review on 07-07-2020:

Good service

Velocity provided good service and value for money. They were open to discus/make changes to the original design. Any queries were promptly answered. The whole process went smoothly. They managed all the paperwork for the installation, including that for connection to the grid. The installation and commissioning, went smoothly. Installers arrived at the time designated. The installations appears to be of a high standard. Power is flowing. Original ratings

7 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed seamlessly since it was turned on.

Original Review on 30-05-2020:

Excellent service and attention to detail

Velocity was supportive and attentive. Brad worked to help us before we even build our home. They were always trying to make things easier. They are highly professional and, like our neighbours, we would highly recommend them. They also support apprentices - but your work will be overseen and checked by A-grade electricians. Our systems is performing very well. Installation went smoothly despite our strong winds. Unlike some installers who try and push you to their way of thinking, Velocity has the patience to work through the challenges with you. If you are finding the choices and information overwhelming or want to be sure of excellent results then we recommend them. They only use the proven best equipment. Their followup has been excellent. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Reg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has performed to our expections. I was disappointed with the recent reduction to feed in rates as it has blown out payback time to about 12 years and no doubt this will be further extended with future cuts - we may live long enough but there is an expectation that this robust system will still be functioning by then. Let's hope they are not allowed to charge us to feed in.

Regardless, we believe that it was a good choice. We wish the cost/benefit of batteries had been better as our system was designed to both expand the number of panels to a 2nd system and to allow easy extension to batteries.

The best solar by far

The sales people really know the job, not pushy, price and quality excellent, a real credit to the solar industry. The installers were great to ,great guys really new there job n polite, turned up for the job on time, explained to me about the install, very helpful, very good trade people left the work area spotless and organised the grid connection, service faultless, aaa1 service from start to finish, highly recommend this company, great work, very happy, thank you to all the team.

Satisfied Customer

We had been thinking of installing solar panels for a little while, when we saw Venergy's placard outside a house in a neighbouring street. We talked to the owner of the house who gave a glowing reference.

We then called Venergy and started conversations with Karim, who was very patient and explained the whole process very clearly. He recommended high quality panels, inverter and racking. We also got quotes from a few other companies. When we compared their quotes with Venergy quote, we felt Venergy quote to be better quality and better value.

The installation was delayed due to COVID but that is no fault of the installer. Installation team is highly capable and led by Michael who was very good at communicating and explaining the day’s work. He showed us his solar panel installer registration before he started the work which gave us confidence that we were dealing with experienced professionals. The only improvement I would suggest is that it would have been better if a proper installation diagram had been provided after the first site visit.

Special thanks to James acting as End-To-End Delivery Co-ordinator who ensured that the post installation tasks were carried out in a prompt and efficient manner. We are currently waiting for the connection to the grid from the electricity generator/distributor which hopefully will come through very soon

I would strongly recommend Venergy to anyone interested in installing Solar. In fact I have recommended to my friends.

Very satisfied with the whole process

We had been thinking of installing solar panels for a little while, when we saw VENERGY’S placard outside a house in a neighbouring street. We talked to the owner of the house who gave a glowing reference.

We then called VENERGY and started conversations with Karim, who was very patient and explained the whole process very clearly. He recommended high quality panels, inverter and racking. We also got quotes from a few other companies. When we compared their quotes with VENERGY quote, we felt VENERGY quote to be better quality and better value.

I would strongly recommend VENERGY to anyone interested in installing Solar.

Seamless and knowledgeable

The process was seamless all online, I was let know up to date information related to COVID restrictions and next possible installation schedule.
Good communication
Excellent installation quality.
Top brand solar panels and inverters generating electricity efficiently even on cloudy days.

Original Review on 22-02-2020:

good sales good products and a gr8 installation team and in geelong

Gr8 bunch of ppl. Good products. Good service and did a lot of the hard yards for us. Original ratings

8 months later we asked George: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system works well

6.6kW system. Quality and efficient installation.

Quote was done on-site during our house build and whilst not 100% accurate regarding the final layout due to no roof access it was good enough to quote the price for our 20 panels for our 6.6kW System. It came up a bit more expensive than other quotes but for much better quality panels/inverter. We felt it was a much better quality/price option whilst also giving the work to a local installer.

Very helpful staff over the phone and by email. Got it installed within 3 months of original quote.

Installation done efficiently in one day althought on-site leader lacked serious customer service skills and was not very helpful at all in offering proper solutions to encountered problems. It felt like he just wanted the job done and move on to the next one.

Aside from that the job was done properly and the after install support was very good with grid connection going smoothly in a timely manner.

This is too early to tell, so far so good, great customer service & contact

System getting fitted Oct 20, depending on Covid restrictions great customer service & contact. Company recommended to us

Velocity solar were professional and efficient in the installation of our system. A great job by Travers and his guys.

Velocity have been lovely to deal with and the installation went very smoothly

The sales and quoting process was very detailed and thorough. We had a lot of questions which were all answered very professionally and promptly. The sales person that reviewed our house initially was very knowledgeable and not at all push wish we really liked. They talked us through the rebate process and explained everything in detail.

The team that came to install the system were also extremely professional and had excellent communication. They were efficient and tidy.

The ongoing customer service has been great with prompt relies and have facilitated our connection to the grid.

Original Review on 04-06-2019:

9 months later we asked Damoon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I am glad we proceeded and had a solar electricity system installed. During summer our electricity bills have been in credit. We’ve generated enough excess electricity that we’ve decided to get an electric car to make use of the excess electricity. We hope the panels and inverter continue to perform as they have to date.

Prompt and professional installation

Velocity contacted me immediately upon inquiry, provided great advice about applying for the rebates and scheduled installation promptly. The system is up and running and will be connected to the grid shortly.

Great service, great system

We did extensive research into solar systems and installers and after aproaching four companies, we decided on Velocity Solar. They were all professional and prompt, and delivered high-quality products and service. Brad Ott (owner), Nicole (office and admin) and Trav (installer) were all exceptional. They installed a 6.3 kW system (REC panels) on a 5 kW Fronius inverter, split between east and west-facing arrays. I monitor our performance regularly (methods on SolarQuotes) and know that we’re running at ~90% of predicted maximum… confident the system from Velocity Solar is performing really well. I highly recommend this group.
The whole process from start to finish has been handled efficiently and with our interests foremost by both sales and installation team from Velocity Solar. This included assistance in applying for the Victorian solar panel rebate and a willingness to fully answer and find out the details in response to the numerous questions we asked. While our system has only become operational in the last three days (installation slightly delayed by inclement weather), we have nothing but praise for the whole team at Velocity Solar, whose politeness and willingness to help and to explain the technical and other aspects of our system has been exemplary. At this early point in time we have been completely satisfied with the performance of the system.

We have also been very grateful to Solar Quotes for the comprehensive information available on the website, the reviews of equipment and installers, and the very good advice given

Original Review on 13-10-2018:

Being installed next Thursday and Friday. 12kw sun solar with 2 fronius inverters Original ratings

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Max generation over summer 76kwh for one day. 12kw system.
I can truly recommend Velocity Solar as a quality installer. From the first sales meeting to the final install meeting we were very impressed with their professionalism. Well done Velocity Solar.
Velocity Solar installed a high quality PV system to our house at a competitive price and so far we cannot fault it. From the beginning Brad and Paul were honest, the communication was great and were able to answer all of our questions. The installation process with Velocity Solar was trouble free with the guys turning up on the day as promised, were polite and cheery and the workmanship was great. The tiles were trimmed neatly, the Radiant racking system was of top quality, trimmed off against the panels so there was no ugly overhang and no shortcuts were taken even when the guys discovered the steel frame trusses in our roof were at a greater spacing thus requiring additional brackets to be sent from an hour away. The invertor was installed in the garage, the meter was rewired to make it safer, safety stickers were installed, all wiring was concealed with none visible from the outside and protective covers were installed over isolator switches.
We received an information pack of the system, were stepped through the emergency shut down and maintenance procedures and a guide of the process in the coming weeks in relation to Powercor inspections, certificates, energy retailers and feed-in tarrifs. Velocity Solar's princing also offers us a 12 month follow up inspection, system performance check and panel clean. I would highly recommend Velocity Solar for your PV system.
We haven't had it installed yet, so can't really comment fully.

Original Review on 23-06-2018:

Equipment was only installed last Thursday (21st June) so no knowledge of any operable benefits yet, but was pleased with the credibility of the people at Velocity Solar, and the better appearance of the completed installation compared with a close neighbour (a different supplier). Am looking forward to the finalisation of the link with Powercor through my retailer (Origin), and the subsequent improvement in my power bills. Original ratings

8 months later we asked William (Bill): "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Finn, Having limited technical knowledge, I'm simply commenting on my experience. The installation in June 2018 went very well, and after Ok from Origin (my biller for electricity) I used the Vic government web site to compare power and gas discounts, finding Sumo were the best for my area. I changed and each bill since has been a credit. Only small amounts but much better than the previous bills from Origin of about $200(debit) a quarter for the same period the previous year. I realise that the result combines the efficiency of the solar panels together with the better discounts from my new power biller, but overall I'm very happy. Thank you for providing the incentive for me to investigate Velocity Solar. Bill Clark.
Still waiting to schedule in the install date – but so far we are happy, we have purchased a high quality 5kw system for around $6.5K when the "door knockers" who represented the bulk-buy scheme had quoted us $12K for a lesser quality system.

Overall very happy we used your service and not the "door-knockers"...!!!

Anthony, Jan Juc
Velocity Solar offers quality PV systems that are installed to a high standard at a competitive price Communication was great, once the install date was planned they arrived on time and on the date promised. Brad, Travers and Denise were all great to deal with, replying to emails and answering any questions I had. Once the install was complete, I received an information pack with all the details about the system installed, maintenance and a guide as to what happens in the following weeks regarding Feed-In/Powercor/My Energy Retailer. The quality of the install was to a high standard with great workmanship.I would highly recommend to anyone else seeking a quality PV system.
We went with Velocity Solar because we wanted to use a local supplier. Unfortunately you did have any suppliers on your list from Geelong. You provide a great service though. Really happy with our experience with you.
The only stumbling block was the Vic Gov. They got buried by the uptake applications for the rebate They were just not prepared for the number of people applying.
Fantastic team for installation. Started at 8 am and gone by 2.30 pm! They worked really well and were very cheerful and polite.
The inspection took a while to come through. And it’s been a month and I’m still waiting for my energy retailer to get the paper work sorted. That means I’m still not getting paid for all the electricity being generated and going back into the grid.
Thanks Finn and your team. I’m glad I’ve got the system up and running.

Original Review on 01-11-2017:

Very hard to choose between Velocity Solar and Geelong Solar. Price was similar. Information from both companies was great and they both answered all my questions. Now waiting for the inspection and the interaction with the retailer companies for the best price part!

13 months later we asked Bev: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Just got a power bill for $35 - the balance of the gst and service fee that wasn’t covered!
I had a really great experience with Velocity Solar. Brad and his team were very informative from start to end. I received a top quality system for a great price and I had many quotes from other solar dealers. Velocity Solar were very professional and it was a pleasure doing business with them. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants a serious solar system with great back up from their team.
Their Consultant gave me several options on different system setups and listened to my requirements, installation of the system I choose was done professionally and communication with the company friendly and helpful.

Original Review on 30-11-2017:

Velocity Solar, Brad and his whole team, were just great. From the first meeting to the follow-up post installation I simply can't fault them Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Really pleased with the system. Bills have dropped significantly and visibility of usage has allowed us to move power loads to maximize generated power

Original Review on 04-12-2017:

8 months later we asked This person: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Brad Ott (Owner) is a down to earth, no bull type of sales person, who lets you know exactly what can and can't be done. He tells you he is the owner and he has a team that will install the system. We found Brad to be very knowledgable, helpful and cost competitive. Would recommend him.

Original Review on 09-10-2017:

The entire process was quick efficient and hassle free I would certainly recommend Velocity Solar to any prospective purchaser Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bill: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Over the last two billing periods (six months) I have exported 2200kWh to the grid and virtually halved my electricity bills so I am very pleased with the system.