Class A Energy Solutions

Class A Energy Solutions Reviews

Class A Energy Solutions is a successful industry leader in commercial solar sales, design & installation. Here at Class A, we understand the importance of keeping business running costs under control, and tailor cash positive energy solutions to our customer’s individual needs. Our sister company, Class A Electrical Pty Ltd, has completed over 6000 solar installations in Australia.

Class A Electrical has been servicing clients in the electrical field for over 15 years and installing solar for over 6 and a half years. Class A Energy Solutions is the rapidly emerging energy efficiency company, grown from a market demand for cost cutting and environmental awareness in Australian industry and commerce.

Specialising in all manner of solar installation, residential and commercial Class A Energy Solutions also assists customers with energy auditing and monitoring, energy efficient lighting retrofits, and battery backup.

Reviewers report paying: $4,300 - $7,298 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Class A Energy Solutions Reviews (133)

Original Review on 17-08-2020:

Professional and friendly installers

A very neat installation job. Now just waiting for new meter so I can start using it. Original ratings

11 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 17-11-2020:

Neat and Professional job

Very happy with the experience with Class A Energy Solutions. The guys who did the install were on time and did a professional job.
The connection process was easy and faultless. System is up and running and making me money already.

8 months later we asked Rene: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has been performing well a year in. Summer bill down to $39 after sitting around $450.
Winter bills around half of what they were. So overall happy and will pay for itself within a few years.

Brilliant

Sales person was very helpful and the installation was easy with the guys arriving on time. The service has been wonderful, everything has been organised for me

Excellent service

Wonderful service with happy, polite installers. The company kept in touch prior to installation as I also needed a metre board upgrade and something on the power pole also needed an upgrade. Connection to the grid was done after the installation. All in all I'm very happy.

The reason I gave 4 stars for installation was because some clamps weren't tightened and 3 panels came off. This was quickly rectified and panels were replaced.

No fuss installation

Quoting process was simple and very informative, with easy to understand options.

Installation they were punctual and tidy and rang me with a couple of issues which were quickly resolved.

So far customer service ok. They did help with grid connection

Great work

Good work from the sales person right down to the installers and then the setting up of the system on the phone. No complaints

Original Review on 31-07-2020:

Finally a company who said "yes, we can do this" and they did!

It's been a long time since i could say honestly a company did everything right. From the initial sales contact through the quote, pre inspection, installation and after sales service Class A have got it right. Their teams are in tune with each other and were with me. Cannot praise them high enough. Thoroughly recommend them although i had never heard of them prior to Solarquotes contact. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Lynne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

the system is perfect! no power bills, just accumulate credits. class a are still our a class installers! no complaints at all.

Stress Free

Found the quoting to be up front with no pressure which I had from another company during getting quotes. Installation was fast the guys were punctual , polite and professional and did clean up after themselves. Grid connection was all done and running fine. there is a problem with the information I get from my phone App now and intelli hub might be the cause. SA power are coming out Monday to check where the problem is .

inverter and battery have not yet been installed, this is still being arranged. Miles has been very helpful

Installers were fantastic

Installers were fantastic they had to change the panel placement told us why,
Which made total sense. They were very punctual & tidy. Finished in the time frame given, explained everything.
Totally happy

Professional, efficient, timely and clean

From quote acceptance to install, Class A was exceptional.

Installation was quick, tradesmen tidy and professional and we were kept informed throughout the process.

We're very happy with our additional panels and Tesla battery - thank you.

Friendly Staff - Good Price

Sales staff were informative and not too pushy. Installation guys were really focussed on getting it right and did a great job.

Awesome

They made it so easy.
Was installed in less than 2 weeks
Quote was very reasonable and even less for cash price.
Everything was very straight forward.

Original Review on 16-03-2020:

No pressure

Have only ordered the system so can only talk about the process.
George from Class A Energy Solutions was excellent, he was patient, understanding and had good product knowledge.
Though I selected a "Kia", am looking forward to installation.
If it wasn't for Finn and the team, I would not have even started the process.

9 months later we asked Brian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Probably below my expectations but then my power server dropped rate fairly quickly.
My last account was down about $200 on last yea, so happy with that.
Still early days

Great product for a great price!

I am very happy at the moment with our solar system. We certainly wouldn’t have felt as confident as we did without solarquotes.com.au Class A Electrical from the sales person to the installers were great. Communication was excellent and can’t be faulted.

Good experience with the installation on my unique roof

My roof has many faces makes it very difficult to install. The engineers did a great job by getting them all up on the roof.

Well done team, highly recommended.

Highly recommend

Very professional sales person, helped all the way through process. Installers did a great job, admin provided no fuss easy delivery of service including arranging everything.

Class A Energy Solutions - Excellent

Great Service. Productive, Informative, Patient, and Tenacious when required,

Highly Recommended!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Miles Ratcliff an his Professional Team at Class A Energy Solutions.
for the installation they have done at our home.
It has not been easy!
We live in a Retirement Village, and the placement of Solar panels, Battery and control panels had to satisfy the strict requirements dictated by the Village Manager.
The Battery had to be changed under warranty.
It took some time of negotiations with Village Management, but in the end all parties were happy.
MilesRatcliff, and team thank you for your Tenacity, Patience and Flexibility!

Peter and Sharon Kuller

Great!

Customer service was great and gave me the best price for better quality equipment. The installers were also reasonable and patient with my timing. Due to poor weather they did rock up over the weekend to get the job finished luckily it was not an inconvenience since it was such short notice.

I would use this company again

Installation was quick, and punctual. Did the complete install in one go.

Sales process was good, polite, not pushy at all.

Price was good, bet of the 3 quotes I got, for comparable equipment

I recommend this company as a solar system retailer and installer

Happy from start to end

Great salesman, Shane Nielsen, who answered hundreds of emails and questions very quickly. Great install team led by Tim, who were polite efficient and easy to talk to. Great follow up service form the admin team, led by Cassia.

DJ review

All very good across the board from start to finish

Original Review on 15-01-2020:

Overall great experience

The salesperson was charismatic and knowledgeable, he was very helpful in recommending a system and explaining it thoroughly, and was most willing to answer my several rounds of followup questions extremely promptly. They were willing to match the installation warranty and price of another very similar quote when I was stuck trying to decide between two great sounding companies.

We almost got lucky with an early installation, but that had to be cancelled due to insane hot weather putting them behind schedule. Installation proceeded smoothly on the second date that we set (which was around the date that they originally indicated during quotation). The installers were friendly, tidy and efficient. The panels and inverter look neat and appear to be functioning beautifully - we already had the right kind of power box so our new power got to start up on the spot. Class A organised all of the grid connection paperwork stuff and didn't need any input on it from me apart from a signature, very convenient.

My only slight negative is that they did say they would do a site visit prior to installation, to find the best spots for the panels and inverter. Somehow that never ended up happening, probably because Christmas, new year and holidays were all happening around then. I forgot about it in all the December madness and they never contacted me to arrange it, perhaps for a similar reason. I suspect if that visit had happened the panels would have ended up shifted over slightly, reducing the impact of morning shade on one edge, but I could be wrong.

8 months later we asked Amy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Everything has worked well and consistently, very set-and-forget.

Great service, very productive and informative. Highly recommend.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank Mr Miles Ratcliff and his professional team at Class A Energy Solutions for such a fantastic job that they have done for my beautiful house. He gave me a few competitive quotes with some logical advices and installation plan. Then they design, install, implement and run the solar system with high quality and respectful technicians.
Finally we agreed easily on a reasonable payment plan to fix the contract.

Thank you every one at "Class A Energy Solutions"

Class A Energy solutions - Excellent

Sales and quoting was easy and quick, all they needed was the address and recent power bills.
Quote came back quickly, communication was really good, factual, very knowledgeable, no BS or hard sell slimy sales techniques at all.
Installation was arranged much sooner than we'd expected, the installers arrived early on the day of installation...!
Both installers were really pleasant to deal with and they completed the job over two days, Friday and Monday. They removed ALL the waste material and left the site very clean and tidy (Big plus)
Some very minor repairs were required to roof joists in the house, installers couldn't see the joists from outside on our old house.
The customer service we received throughout has been absolutely superb, the repair issue were resolved extremely quickly with excellent communication and collaboration from Miles.
Grid connection and dealing with the energy provider was a very easy process.
Overall, we can very highly recommend these guys, there's a really good reason they've been in business for so long.
They know what they're doing, provide great advice and excellent service with no BS.

Original Review on 31-12-2019:

Highly recommend

Sales team were excellent and knowledgeable installation team will quick efficientOverall better experience than I thought very happy with my system Original ratings

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

This system has been the best my power bill over winter has been $38 my system is paying itself quicker then I thought
Thanks

Good system. Promptly installed

A quick, energetic response for a quote. Installation was well done by hard working crew. The crew installed my Tesla app At the end of the job.
I do have one concern. This firm, like all other suppliers, are really just well briefed salesmen. I still have no real understanding of the way the Tesla Works or how to get the best out of it. In my case this is important because the initial aim was to replace a diesel generator for mains failure. So they set the app to hold a constant 70% as back up. The remaining panel source- 6 x 175 w -used simply to support mains supply. I need to be able to use more panel power at times when mains failure is remote. The mains failure is meant mainly to run two flood pumps.

Fantastic Installer, Smooth Process

We found Class A Energy Solutions via the SolarQuotes website, having had little success with calling companies direct.
We dealt with Shane who was amazing. He answered all of our questions, gave us the pro's and con's of the different inverters and panels, and was straight to the point. He did what all other companies failed to do... he under promised and over delivered! Shane and the owner Miles also came out to our property to work out what was best for our new house in the Adelaide Hills and how many panels we could fit on the roof. Shane even went above and beyond and helped us with getting the NMI set up, he was brilliant. The whole process was smooth and we now have our 8.8kw panels installed - even the install guys were lovely, and there was no mess!!
We would without doubt recommend Class A Energy Solutions for all of your solar needs.

Outstanding Service & Fantastic Workmanship

Class A were not the cheapest (but still very competitive). Yet for this I got an install that was tailor designed for my home and (most importantly) actual energy use, high quality name-brand components, workmanship clearly geared up and experienced with big commercial installs, service that was nothing short of outstanding, the install (and even showing up) happened earlier than expected, every single piece of rubbish, off-cut, and dust taken with them, and thereafter followed up to ensure I was happy.

As we all know the solar industry is overwhelmed with companies that install systems for a few years, build a mass of complaints about their workmanship and underperforming/failing systems, and then vanish. Salesmen in general give you a copy & paste quote and are pushy. Tradesmen in general, even the best of them, don't show up when they say and leave you with a clean-up and rubbish to dispose of. Prices are becoming insanely attractive but use cheap components and shortcuts taken during install.

My experience with solar started this way. Company after company sending me a generic quote or making appointments to come see me but never showing up. Those who came and saw, or I pre-warned in advance, my house having a roof like a "church" (our upper floor is contained within the roof making it very steep and very tall) all RAN and were never heard from again.

Then came Class A. Shane insisted on learning what our goals were, he studied our electricity bills to understand our actual energy use throughout the seasons of the year, and even used satellite images to scale an initial plan of what we could fit. He came to site (in his own time I might add as I was working long hours that week due to COVID-19) and was not at all concerned about our "church" roof - these guys do commercial installs so climbing structures is second nature to them. During this time I still had more calls, emails, and visits from other vendors - the difference between them and Shane's passion and legitimate interest in delivering us a quality system specifically designed to suit our needs (including factoring many personal requests) made the decision very easy.

Next I received a call from David to co-ordinate the install - two weeks earlier than expected, which was a wonderful surprise. David also took the time to make sure we were still on the same page and whether I had any concerns or questions.

Michael and his team then showed up - not late as you typically expect of tradesmen but EARLY. They ran through the work with me and, once again, took the time to make sure we were still in agreement and whether I had any questions. They then got stuck into not installing, but getting up on the roof and planning out the logistics of the work. Next one of them did the inverter while the other began installing all the mountings and wiring - the way in which they achieved this on our "church" roof proving why Class A were the right choice for the job.

Our install was massive - a huge and difficult roof, three surfaces, and 38 panels - so they did fall behind. However, they didn't break this news to me at the end of the day - they proactively spoke with me at midday to advise they could foresee extra time being needed the following day. Neither my wife or I could be there for that but you know what - these guys were a first-class act so I had no hesitation in giving them unattended access. Once again they were EARLY which meant no stress waiting to head off to work.

At the end of both days they took all their rubbish with them - right down to every single off-cut of wire. I could not find a thing to pick up or clean after them - and yet my bins were empty. Who does this?!?

To top this off I then get a phone call from Miles to step through setting up the remote monitoring - and the one and only issue I raise he and Shane then went above and beyond in sorting out for me.

I probably sound like an inside review but honestly my experience with Class A, from the very first call right through to completion (and thereafter), was nothing short of outstanding. As for the system itself - it is producing an impressive amount of power despite the following days being overcast and raining... exactly as they said it would based on what they designed and scoped.

Great service backed up by great work on site

Very efficient, came at appointed times, discussion respectful with people who had little understanding...ie my wife and me. Written quote arrived in milliseconds with the job all booked in and completed just over a week turnaround.

The installers turned up on time and even with the inclement weather completed the installation in a day... no fuss no mess no problems.

Just waiting for final changeover of meter as interactions with the regulator required.

Overall Class A energy solutions provided A class service

Class A

Domenic and his team at Class A were fantastic, they listened to what we needed were extremely helpful.

They tailored the pricing and system to our needs.

HIGHLY recommend them.

Original Review on 23-09-2019:

Efficient installation and quality system

The complete experience of sales and installation was good but since operation commenced the Fronius inverter is regularly shutting down with an error code 102 because of 'AC power too high'. I have spoken with A Class many times and they consider it to be a problem with the network configuration in our area. SA Power Networks came out and replaced a corroded fitting on the pole but nothing changed. Their workers said that when the sun comes out they get a lot of call outs for the same issue. I will continue to discussions with A Class and SA Power. Original ratings

Hi John
We have spoken with SAPN on your behalf and can make some setting changes to assist.

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After initial problems with an error code AC power too high, the system is now running very well. SA Power made upgrades in our area and that appears to be the reason for improved performance.
We have had a small new leak under the panels since installation. An A Class team adjusted some things and I have siliconed where possible and places that seemed likely suspects, but the leak continues.

Solar Installation review

Sales quoting was all OK. Installed by an un-supervised apprentice who did a fantastic job and worked bloody hard all day - over 12 hours.
Still waiting for a smart meter to be installed by Simply Energy - could be in by Christmas!
I do a weekly reading of the Electricity Meter - After the solar was installed all of a sudden our meter usage went up by 4 times we normally used. It worked out that whatever we were putting into the grid we were being charged for and we were not pre-warned this could have occurred.

Quick and easy process from start to finish

The salesman was able to provide realistic quote even though we hadn’t moved into the property at the time of enquiring. Turned out we needed a 3 phase inverter once we had a site inspection but this was supplied at a discounted rate.
Install guys were fantastic and were on site till late in the day ensuring everything was perfect before they left.
Office staff took care of everything behind the scenes with registration of the system and monitoring access.

Couldn’t be happier or recommend more highly.

almost perfect

Class A provided a very good service from initial quotation through to installation. Easy to talk to and no pressure. They offered a very competitive price for good quality products. The only issue I had was there appeared to be a lack of communication between the design process and the installers instruction with some confusion on the day about where the panels would go. This was however sorted out quickly with a good end result. After sales service so far has also been very good with easy communication

Very Professional

It was seamless. They organised everything and installation went ahead well ahead of schedule.
The installer was very neat and organised. Explained everything clearly.

Nothing but the best

Right from the Outset, Miles was really good at listening to our needs and so was able to quote on a system that was best for us. His knowledge of the products and the industry were remarkable. No questions were left unanswered, and he didn't make me feel stupid for asking lots of questions. The installers were no-fuss, switched on, safe workers who arrived right on time and finished ahead of schedule, always making sure I was happy with how things were going.
Overall, just 3 days after installation I am seeing massive benefits on the system-monitoring app. Happy man :-D

All round good job from start to finish

the whole process was easier than i expected. Installers were really good blokes. I had questions that were answered.

Great company! Highly recommend

Des was lovely and seemed like a genuine good bloke. The guys who installed the solar were very nice, got the job done quicker than expected and left the place nice and clean. We highly recommend this group!

Easy to deal with and great staff which were helpful

Quoting process was easy and knowledgable, plus staff assisted with all queries straight away

Class A Energy Solutions are the complete professional solar provider

From the moment we contacted Class A Energy Solutions they provided a complete and thoroughly professional service. They responded immediately to our request for a quotation over the Christmas break, providing an on the spot quotation on a system that was detailed to us that met our requirements.
All deadlines were achieved and all staff were extremely helpful and friendly, no request from us for advice was too much for them. The installers arrived on time and were extremely polite and friendly and in difficult conditions, we have an extreme slope on our roof, they worked with safety in mind and kept noise to a minimum.
From start to finish they kept us in the loop on timing, legislation requirements and importantly arranged everything on our behalf regarding rebates and credits.
My wife and I would recommend their services to anyone interested in a thorough professional job.

Excellent company

The quote was delivered as requested. The team were very honest with their advice and the potential difficulties that may be encountered with our site. What was impressive was the fact that they were and did indeed solve all problems. This is unlike a number of other companies that had previously quoted.
The office staff were excellent and responsive to any queries.
The installers were fantastic. Worked without complaint even though our installation was a challenge.They worked until the job was done to all our satisfaction.
Very clean competent tradesmen.

Professional Installation

Excellent communication from the start. Every promise was met or exceeded. Price and quality were very competitive. Installation was a breeze. Michael the installer called ahead as a reminder. Good stuff. Congratulations to the Class A team, Professionals from the start to finish.

Quality Service at a fair price

Honest and accurate Quoting
Delay in installation due to supply and weather issues
Very helpful and professional

Our requirements totally met +++

Appropriate advice for our needs, quality product, excellent service, value for money, and great attention to detail

great service, very knowledgeable

instaaled system under tough conditions .i.e. high temperatures. well done.

Very happy

Sales staff very helpful & explained everything so that I understood. On-site staff very good & got stuck right in when doing the installation. Everyone very respectful & polite.
I would use them again if I moved house & needed another system.

Helpful and knowledgeable supplier

My system has still not been fully installed. The grid has been installed on the roof and the inverter placed very neatly on the wall. However, they found that 3-phase had not been installed to my property from the street, and we are waiting for SAPN to make the necessary adjustment. When that has been done, the installation can be completed. The workers who have been responsible for the installation so far could not have been more helpful and professional, and customer contact with the office has been excellent.

Recommend Class A Solar Solutions.

Salesmen great. Installers great. No complaints at all. Only hold up is getting the new meter box from our energy provider! Wish they were as efficient as Class A

Great work team !

Very pleased all round with A class. Salesperson Shane seemed very knowledgeable and passionate about solar and was able to answer any questions we had, and, as he had requested a copy of our latest power bill before his site visit was able to give us a couple of quotes and a savings projection for each. Our budget didn't stretch to the top end 7.3kw system but the price for mid range 6.6kw system was very competitive. Project manager Mick sorted a fitting date to suit us within the 5 week time frame I was quoted, and Daemon and Robbie worked hard in horrible weather conditions only conceding defeat when the wind became too dangerous. They were back 2 days later as promised to finish the job in the same professional manner that they started. Thanks also to Cassia for that all important admin role.