• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Class A Energy Solutions Reviews

About Class A Energy Solutions, Solar Installers

Class A Energy Solutions is a successful industry leader in commercial solar sales, design & installation. Here at Class A, we understand the importance of keeping business running costs under control, and tailor cash positive energy solutions to our customer’s individual needs. Our sister company, Class A Electrical Pty Ltd, has completed over 6000 solar installations in Australia.

Class A Electrical has been servicing clients in the electrical field for over 15 years and installing solar for over 6 and a half years. Class A Energy Solutions is the rapidly emerging energy efficiency company, grown from a market demand for cost cutting and environmental awareness in Australian industry and commerce.

Specialising in all manner of solar installation, residential and commercial Class A Energy Solutions also assists customers with energy auditing and monitoring, energy efficient lighting retrofits, and battery backup.

Class A Energy Solutions Solar Reviews

Of the 3 sales people Class A had the most knowledge and the most professional approach. Paid the deposit on the Wednesday and the panels were installed and working on the following Tuesday, exceptional service! Show additional information
Installers Levi and Pete were very efficient and professional as well. Show additional information
Waiting for the system to be installed was the only downside to using this company. The promised 6 weeks ended up being 15 weeks but we are really happy with the final product. Show additional information
Class A Energy Solutions sales representative, Shane Nielsen provided me with several options for our requirements with respect to price, quality and warranty, and forwarded me information regarding my chosen system components as well as a quote. He addressed all of my many questions and concerns quickly and honestly, and I chose to proceed with the installation.

My system installation did not proceed without the odd hiccup, partly due to an isolating switch recall and a dispatch error. Throughout the entire process Shane Nielsen, and all others involved with Class A Energy Solutions including their installer, were prompt with their support, and acted with integrity in resolving issues that arose to my complete satisfaction.

The high quality components of the system installed are performing well beyond my expectations, and I have recommended that others in our area speak to Shane Nielsen with respect to their solar energy requirements.
Class A were one of the only two companies who were willing to come out and do a site inspection, rather than just quote over the phone. We have quite a bit of shade, so this seemed important. Both systems were similar sized, but my estimate on payback time was almost the same for both, so we went with the bigger system.

They were unable to source the panels that we were quoted for, so upgraded us at their expense.

I've been disappointed by their inconsistent communication in a few areas. The date we were initially given for installation was delayed several times (initially told late Dec/early Jan, then pushed back to 19th Jan, then heatwave delayed it further (fair enough) and it's just taken three part days across a week to install it - partly because a miscommunication meant the installers thought the panels would be here and showed up without them, and then had to go fetch them, and also because they were doing other jobs in the middle of this one. The salesman told us that SA Power Networks takes a long time to install the meter, so the meter application would be sent off asap because it could take a month or two. However, when Class A rang to book an installation date in mid-Jan, they said they would send it off within the week. So we ordered the system in November, and it is now installed but it seems it won't actually be connected until sometime in mid-late Feb.

All of that being said, I really appreciated the time that Shane (salesman) gave to answering questions, even when I called back several times to ask more about it. Of the two companies, I'd probably still go with this system again, but I would follow up the company really closely to make sure they had done the things I thought they had done (particularly the meter thing).
Miles and the team certainly are Class A+ Have recommended them to family and friends who are also very happy with the level of service, quality of the systems and the company. Show additional information
The company kept in contact and confirmed the install which was great. Great quality so I know it will last many years. They were absolutely professional and I was happy with the work I even gave the boys a cold beer at the end of the day. Show additional information
The installer was professional and punctual and worked extremely well in the heat. I would highly recommend this company to anyone and have passed the name onto a close friend. When the job was completed the surroundings were spotless leaving no mess anywhere.
Great experience.
The sales person was too pushy, took to long to respond to request for quote and kept repeating himself. The 2 quotes I got were very similar so the reason I went with Class A was that I thought their product maybe slightly better. Their installers were good and very quick and also clean. The company nearly lost the sale though because of their salesman. Show additional information
System was install on Monday. Meter hasn't been changed over as yet and apparently can take 30 days for change over.
I would have thought that perhaps they could have arranged that well before the install.
I am very happy with the process from start to finish. Show additional information
Class A is all class! From the start to finish, the service and responsiveness of the team has been outstanding. Shane, the sales person was patient and helpful. Shane provided all the necessary literature I requested for in validating all his claims. Nathan, the installer, was courteous and explained to me how he intends to install the solar panels. Miles, the boss, takes a personal interest in the order, installation and switching of the standard meter to Import/Export meter by SA Power Network (SAPN). He actually turned up during the install to ensure that the installation is proceeding as it should. Mick and Dot from the administration was helpful and personable. Both Mick and Miles contacted me on the day which SAPN was booked in to replace my meter.

Overall conclusion - excellent service from clinching of sales, installing and switching of the meter into a Import/Export meter. The team is truly "CLASS A".
The system has not yet been installed.
The quotation process was good. Shane at CLASS A ENERGY SOLUTIONS is an enthusiastic and informative contact.
SA Government requirements now say supplier must install new electricity meter so are waiting for that to happen at some stage. Show additional information
Specifically asked whether company was all in-house or used contractors [this was a deal breaker] - I was assured all in house.
Installers [contractors] arrived 3 hours late to undertake install, then left for the day with job half finished, saying they would be back "sometime next week". After a couple of blunt telephone conversations with the company, I was assured they would return the next day [they did] to complete the job.
It took approx. a month to receive the paperwork & C of C's, and only after a number of telephone calls.
To date, despite a number of requests, I am still to receive instruction on operating the system & having it connected to the web for monitoring. System was installed 12/13OCT17.
I am very very happy with my system (295w Trina Mono/Fronius Primo 5).

The journey was very bumpy...

I ordered 300w Mono panels and the installers turned up with 295w Mono panels. Lucky I checked order (received night before) and queried with installers upon arrival.
Apparently there were no 300W Mono panels in Australia.
First I heard about it was day of installation... and the price on invoice hadn't changed. Invoice was altered...quickly. I agreed to go ahead with installation (felt a bit hamstrung and I am hoping I made the right decision in the end).

I don't know how a salesperson (Shane) could not know about 300W panels not being available especially since he talked them up so much (10 days prior). I am disappointed but the 295W are working very well.

Installers were excellent. They were thrown some curve balls by Class A during the day but were brilliant, polite and friendly.

I needed to get a new meter installed and if I was waiting for Class A to organise, I'd still be waiting for installation.
After receiving a message from SA Power saying a request had been sent from Energy Aust for a meter change.
I waited and waited for Class A to let me know time/day this meter would be installed...they said they'd contact SA Power on my behalf.
Waited 3 days and then contacted SA Power direct. Apparently it was lucky I had as I'd be waiting until late Nov/early Dec.
I got an email from Class A the next week advising me about the time/day of appointment ....yeah I know, I made that appointment myself...last week.

The Fronius App was not set up properly by Class A. I could receive data from inverter to my pc (demonstrating WIFI was working well) but not to my iPhone or iPad. It was so frustrating.
I had to ring Fronius Aust myself after Class A had no clue about the app problem or how to help me, I didn't really feel they wanted to go the extra mile to help me.
They just gave me a number to ring in Melbourne.

Fronius tech support pointed out Class A should have setup and tested App as a part of installation. Agreed. They didn't.
It turned out that Class A had not given me the required permission to use the app. This was a simple fix on Fronius' end, app started working immediately.

I am not going to recommend using Class A to my family or friends purely on customer service (start to finish) and their communication between stakeholders is clearly floored.
All of the installers contacted us very quickly, no pressure but all were very informative and all used good quality materials.
We haven't had our install done yet won't be until the new year. Thanks for the contacts and I will be recommending your company to provide these contacts to other people.
Cheers Phil and Debbie.
Turned up to install on Monday and left with it unfinished eventually had to phone to find out when they were coming back. Once installed I'm getting upwards of 20 - Gradual voltage depended power reductions a day which is crashing my system. When I contacted them they sent me a sheet with instructions to change settings on inverter. Changed them and shows some small improvement, but all attempts to contact them again have failed. Had to seek help from another company to find out what to do. Show additional information
SA power still haven't replaced meter and when enquiries are made they handball me back to origin energy, and vice versa. Show additional information
The initial response and promptness was first class, but it was a little more "long winded" to chase up eventual installation, but all being well it will be installed either next week or early the week later.
I really had to ring a number of times, this is after the contract was signed, to enquire as to the progress and the final system configuration, but am confident that the final product who be worth it. Obviously time will tell, but I did a fairly thorough research before the decision.
Thank you for your service and follow up (as initially I only had 1 quote, and actually it was the one eventually went with)
For you information, one of the quotes was quite thorough in the detail sent via email, but they did not "bother" to come out to look around and hence I crossed them our straight away. One thinks they possibly had too much work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously I have not rated the supplier on 3 of the 4 categories as installation has not occurred yet, but for the money hopefully I have made a good choice.
Cheers
The salesperson from Class A Energy Solutions was very helpful, informing us what system would be best for our needs.
He described in laymans terms how the system works,didnt try to push for a sale and he arrived exactly at the time he said he would.
Just waiting for the meter to be changed.
If you are intending to go solar, please read this, it may be of assistance.
Our initial search on the web about solar power resulted in an extraordinarily steep learning curve. After some months of looking at various companies and systems we resorted to a web guy named Finn Peacock, the founder of Solar Quotes. Finn recommended three solar companies for quotes. We chose Class A Energy Solutions for various reasons, one being that the salesperson, Shane Nielsen had a superb knowledge on the subject and always answered his phone or returned calls very promptly. After some humming and harring (and many questions) we finally selected a system.
At the pre-arranged time an electrician and an apprentice from NBF Electrical arrived at our reasonably remote property on Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. The solar panels were to be fitted on a tin shed roof and wired to the house through existing underground conduit. The conduit was not good enough for the job and new cables needed to be installed underground. This meant an approximately 35 metre trench had to be dug. Much to the credit of Class A Energy Solutions they arranged a digging machine and operator and fit the new and appropriate conduit and cables at no cost to us. A week or so later the machine, an operator, two electricians, an apprentice and a work experience guy arrived then set about installing the solar panels and battery system. It was quite a large job which continued on into the next day with two of the electricians seeking shelter that night in a caravan park nearby.
The following day the system was switched on and it worked splendidly except our Wi Fi device was incapable of connecting to the inverter. We were unable to read what was going on as far as how much electricity was being produced and how the system was performing. The NBF electricians said they would be back at a later date with a Wi Fi extender to boost the signal. We signed off on the contract and paid the money and true to their word NBF Electrical returned and finished the job.
The nuts and bolts of this case are:
Finn Peacock, of Solar Quotes; excellent.
Shane Nielsen, salesperson, from Class A Energy Solutions, excellent.
Miles Ratcliff owner of Class A Energy Solutions also excellent in covering the cost of the trench digging and Wi Fi extender.
NBF Electrical was efficient, friendly and brilliant with the installation of panels and batteries. When Nathan Fielke, the boss of NBF Electrical returned with the Wi Fi extender he spent nearly a whole day making sure everything was working correctly and explaining in great detail how the whole system worked. To say the least, we were both tremendously impressed. Class A Energy Solutions have a superb team.
If we were not so remote the initial glitch about the conduit and then needing a trench probably would not have occurred. That along with the Wi Fi not connecting to the inverter was very minor in the overall installation. We believe that they have learned from this hiccup with remote properties or with other things that might be problematical, and will have an electrician/salesperson attend to assess those situations before contracts are signed.
Would we go down the same path with the same companies and people? Yes, you betcha, without a doubt. We both feel that we have made all the right moves by exhaustive investigating coupled with a smidgeon of luck, and we have ended up with a really great solar system. We can only conclude that we wholly recommend our particular path to solar and the people and companies involved in making it so. Bring on the sun. ?
David & Lee
Great salesman. No glossy brochures or hard sell tactics. Just Quality products tailormade to suit your budget. Real advice in laymens terms. Installation due in 2 weeks. Show additional information
Salesman was excellent,explained anything I asked. What was great was that the salesman (the only 1)that came out to the house to look it over, the other quotes were good, but all done through e-mails and phonecalls.
Very satisfied with the system, installation and sales team only time will tell now when the next few bills come in.
Only 1 small hitch, was I had to chase up getting connected to the solarlive web site.
There were a couple of hiccups in the installation, partly due to wet weather and our slippery terracotta roof tiles. However, the installation, when it happened, went swiftly and efficiently. Show additional information
The names of the three Solar system suppliers you gave me were a good place to start my research.
Class A have done a good job, but we did need to push them. Initially they ignored what we agreed with the salesperson and installed the panels on the south side and in the shade. The efficiency of the panels was low. However after some prompting (and me not paying) they eventually put them where we wanted on the north and out of the shade so now we are achieving some good kw per day. Show additional information
Site visit by a technically knowledgeable salesperson was helpful, albeit still a little bit short on installation specifics - 'that will be up to the installer'.
Info during lead up to and scheduling of the installation wasn't too flash but all sweet in the end.
Excellent post-install documentation and email/phone follow thru.
The team at Class A were very professional and prompt to any questions we required.
Would highly recommend Class A Energy Solutions for anyone's solar solution
I hope this is going to be a dis-connect between the sales and the install. The biggest issue I foresee with using a larger company is that the sales person is accountable on the day of installation. I await for the install and hope I won't be disappointed. Time will tell. Show additional information
Early days yet, to see if the system installed is saving me money, but can't fault the installation on the day, & after sales service - I rang the office before & after installation to ask questions, and always had everything explained, and the offer of 'is there anything else we can help you with' Show additional information
No communication since paying deposit. No courtesy calls. Show additional information