Green Choice Electrical

Green Choice Electrical Reviews

Green Choice Electrical is a proudly owned, and operated, WA based business which has been offering solar and green energy solutions to both commercial and residential customers since 2012, operating as a sole trader and then reverting to a Company structure in early 2017. We believe in, and support, the concept of sustainable energy and in the benefits achieved by reducing our carbon footprint.

Green Choice Electrical only employs Clean Energy Council Accredited Solar Installers and Solar Designers.

We install your new solar system using our own teams, therefore we don’t ever sub-contract your installation to other parties, and we support you after the installation is completed by providing you with a 5 year workmanship warranty.

At Green Choice Electrical we take great pride in what we do, and how we do it. We have completed over 3000 installations, we are always on time, our work is completed to a very high standard using quality products and we ensure we leave your property exactly the way we found it.

Reviewers report paying: $3,800 - $7,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Green Choice Electrical Reviews (70)

Original Review on 20-05-2021:

Great Company to deal with and awesome Installation team

The quoting process was very fair and Greg was very prompt in relation to any questions I had about various system options.

Installation was excellent. Team were polite, efficient and punctual.

Greg organised grid connection prior to installation, the process was seamless

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 26-04-2021:

Excellent installation company.

Green Choice Electrical responded promptly with a competitive quote with excellent customer service and the installation was fantastic. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Douglas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed very well.

Original Review on 14-04-2021:

Good quality system at a good price

The quotation process was good and the choice of what could be supplied flexible.
The installation was good except for one minor error which is being rectified.
My only negative in this install was that the installer who was an REC certified Installer didn’t know how to demonstrate registration of warranty for the 25yr product warranty. It took a phone call to REC in Sydney to fix the issue. In addition the installer (CEC registered) didn’t initially offer to supply the documentation required under Sect5 of the CEC guidelines. This is now being rectified.
Would recommend the company from an installation perspective but ensure you insist on all documentation.

8 months later we asked Stewart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has actually performed above my expectations in terms of total output.

Smooth and efficient installation

From first contact with Greg from Green Choice electrical in Perth the experience was first class. The comprehensive quote arrived within 24 hours and the site visit within a couple of days. Greg was responsive in addressing all my questions and adjusting the components within the original quoted price - which was very competitive with the second company that quoted. Once we agreed to proceed Greg organised all the required paperwork and the new digital meter was installed well before the installation on Dec 8. Ben and his team arrived at the appointed hour and the installation went without a glitch. The team were efficient and very clean - and the work seemed to my inexpert eye to be first class. Within 4 hours the system was generating 5Kw and I was able to verify this from the App Ben assisted in setting up on my phone. Would have no hesitation recommending Green Choice to others seeking a smooth process.

Green Choice was the right choice.

Very happy with Greg and his team. All aspects of the installation proceeded like clockwork and the team were super helpful. Customer service was excellent, even after installation and payment, and the team was happy to come back and make a small system adjustment at my request.

Original Review on 01-04-2021:

Good job

I appreciated that their quoting process was brief - no hour-long spiel, just a simple "here's what we can do and here's the price". Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alex: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

hasn't failed at all yet after first 12 months. produces enough power (5kW system) to keep my small (2 bedroom) home air-conditioned and appliances running all day with nil power bill - I now just pay the power company to run the TV at night.

Original Review on 18-03-2021:

Great overall experience

The sales process was good. There were follow up phone calls to discuss options. I got several amended quotes for various designs and system sizes. The new smart meter was installed by the electricity supplier weeks before the install. The install occurred on the day booked and was quick, probably about 3 hours for our single storey Colourbond roofed house. The system was hooked up to the grid and functioning when the guys left. There was a small issue on the house that needed repair and Green Choice have been very responsive to get that sorted. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Evan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

8 months in and I am very happy with or system. We have shifted the use of as many appliances as we can to daytime hours in order to better use the electricity we produce.

Our power bills are down substantially.

With the pathetic feed in tariff in Perth, we are also considering a battery.

Very happy.

Original Review on 16-03-2021:

Good Professional Installation

I wanted to deal with the people supplying, installing and commissioning the system. Greg (and his son) from Green Choice visited the site, answered my questions and provided a competitive quote for good quality equipment. The installation went to plan, on time, quick and tidy. They were obviously experienced and knowledgeable. I watched and hovered around during the installation. Very polite and informative crew. They removed the old PV system and left the site very clean and tidy. They did all the paperwork for the grid connection. I would highly recommend them and have done to one of my neighbours. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. On a clear sunny day the panels are generating between 40-42kwh. With the battery my power consumption from 1 Sep to 15 Nov is 5.8c. At a cost of $12,400 for the battery only the return on the capital investment is around 10%. Better than bank interest.

Green choice was a good choice

The quote came very quickly and was very detailed. No visit of the site was done prior to submitting the quote or the installation.
Installation was delayed with two days due to unavailability of one of the team members, but when it was done was very efficient. The only negative fact is that a slab of granite used to keep a door open was smashed during the installation.

Good Service

The sales person was very "REAL" , no hidden extras and offered a complete package , start to finish. The installation was prompt, efficient and very tidy, also very nice and polite young men.

Great installer

Easy, no hassle process. Quality and careful install on a very old terracotta tiled roof

Smooth installation

Quick and efficient.
Very good communication and after sales service eg with app

Excellent company to deal with NO PUSHY SALES

Was given a quote for what I wanted within the first day and was given all the information I could need with absolutely no pushy sales. Greg and Ben were very easy to deal with and the price was better than expected for good quality components. Ben set up the app for us which is brilliant and basically there was nothing for us to do but say yes. And no deposit was needed, payment after installation. They don't use subcontractors either which was important to me. Would recommend.

Green Choice Electrical

Out of the three quotes we arranged Green Choice Electrical's site visit and quoting process was very professional. We had plenty of interaction between Installer and us to ensure we picked the right system for our needs. Everything was completed within days from the Electrician coming in on the Friday to install electrics to the shed and Green Choice turning up on the Monday to install, all was completed in a morning. As we had a prior system we were already grid ready but Synergy had to update meter which was completed on the Tuesday.

We would also like to thank Finn for all the information he had on his site certainly helped tremendously in making choices and geared with prior information to ask Installers questions when making site visits.

Amazing solar company, 10/10

Quotes and Emails:
-I started with a bunch of questions for Greg, he answered them all in great detail and organized a time to visit. He was very friendly and helpful, and gave me quotes for the half dozen panels I was interested in. After receiving my quotes, it was a toss up between a much larger company and Green Choice. The quotes from Green Choice were cheaper and for better quality systems than the other company, on top of Greg seeming a lot more reputable and honest. Ratings for both were about the same and very high. Very glad I chose Green Choice. Greg was communicative and upfront the entire process, and was flexible regarding some delays with the roof restoration we had done just before. There was one slight hiccup with the supplier no longer stocking the panel I wanted at the last minute (out of their control), but Greg gave me a call and offered an upgrade to the new model for a discount, so it worked well for me. Excellent customer service.

-Installation: Greg's son Ben showed up exactly on time, very friendly and polite and got the job done well in just a few hours. He helped me set up the app and put the inverter right where I wanted it. I made a couple requests with regards to panel placement (as many panels as possible in a small north facing area) and he was accommodating. Overall, he did an amazing job, with no issues whatsoever.

-Overall: I would honestly rate this company 10/10, they exceeded my expectations at every stage and seem to be a very reputable and honest company while also offering the best systems for the lowest price, no idea how they do it but I'll take it. After contacting about a dozen solar companies over the past few years and not feeling quite sure about them, I'm glad solarquotes recommended these guys. I'll be recommending them to all my family members without solar. Thanks so much Greg and Ben!

Fantastic service and Excellent workmanship & friendliness.

Excellent service and friendliness. Excellent workmanship. No deposit required. Prompt installation time and done inside a morning.

Original Review on 21-12-2020:

No messing about

Good customer service and insulation. Always replied to email and text. Fast smooth install. I would use again Original ratings

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very easy to deal with. Prompt quoting and very happy to answer all my questions. Very quick and tidy installation. Grid installation was arranges and done prior to solar installation. Very quick and easy process the whole way.

Great service.

Good service. Weather made installation a challenge. Supplier made everything work out well.

Great Price, Great Service.

After checking with a few different installers we decided to go with Green Choice Electrical. They provided a fair first quote, Greg was clear in what they could offer and provided quotes for a smaller and larger system.

They were happy to provide options for different brands of inverters and panels and all at a good price.

The install done by Ben was seamless and professional. So I have only good feedback for entire team.

Thanks!

Fantastic sales and installation and excellent communications from beginning to end.

Everything was made super easy by Greg and his installation team led by Greg's son, Ben. The guys were quick, efficient and careful. I can certainly recommend Green Choice for anyone in WA thinking of getting solar up and running. All I had to do was make the decision and Greg and Ben did the rest. Very professional and organised. Don't have any hesitation in contacting Green Choice - trust me, you will not be sorry.

Thanks guys.

Knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.

Ours was a slightly problematic installation due to being a three-storey home but the guys at Green Choice Electrical went out of their way to solve it.

Original Review on 23-09-2020:

No fuss fantastic installer

After receiving quotes from various companies, green choice had the competitive price with the reputable brands listed on solar quotes.

I contacted the ops manager and had many questions, he took the time to answer them all across my days of deciding. When ever I emailed or called, he got back to me as soon as he could with detailed information.

The install process was seamless. Was given a date and time which the installers were on time, quick, efficient and tidy. It looked great when they were finished and proceeded to take the time to show me how to use the ap. After that, it was all working and haven’t had any dramas at all.

8 months later we asked Eric: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm over the moon at how the system has performed and I never look at it and think it's a eyesore compared to some of the installations I've seen. I'm grateful for the information that Finn puts out as it allowed me to get it right the first time and when I see those stories of people that got sold dud solar systems, I'm glad I had that sense of security knowing solar quotes put me in touch with a reputable installer like Green Choice Electrical and I still have a system that going strong after all this time.

The other week, I sat down and worked out what I had currently saved and even though it hasn't been a full 12 months, I've saved $1086 YTD which puts me roughly at 27.15% ROI. Thanks again to Solar quotes and green choice electrical for allowing me to take the leap into solar and doing it right the first time.

Beautiful family operated business. No subcontractors. System working well.

Salesman was very polite and well informed in his business. Installation was very quick clean and efficient. To date the system is working very well.

Easy process to have done

Our house was not the easy to do because of two story and the angle of the roof!!! But the job was done well with good people doing the job!! No money up front even though I offered. We went for good non Chinese components and the system is working well.

There a lot of cheats and fibbers in this business so one must be careful.

Easy process & great service

The entire process was really easy. It was nice to talk directly to the owner/installer rather than a sales rep.
Great customer service all the way through.

Excellent supplier and installer

After getting half a dozen quotes and doing a heap of research into solar energy systems and installers, I decided to go with Green Choice. They had great reviews and gave me the best quote (I got 6 quotes in all). Greg kept me informed about the progress of my installation and was very obliging and patient when discussing the various options for the system and the installation. He also arranged all the paperwork with the power company. I didn't need to do anything.

On the day of the installation, Ben and the team turned up on time and quickly removed my existing 1.5KW system and replaced it with the 6.6 KW Fronius/Jinko system. I was impressed by how quickly and efficiently they worked to get the job done in 4 hours. They even hooked up one of my old panels so I could run it through another small inverter for keeping my camper trailer batteries charged. Despite me offering to pay for the additional work, Ben didn't want to be paid! Ben also set up the Fronius "Solar web" app on my phone (apparently it's a bit quirky to set up).

I would highly recommend Green Choice to anyone in Perth looking for solar power. It's such a pleasure to deal with a company that looks after its customers. Thank you Greg and Ben.

No Fuss Sales and Install

Greg from Green Choice visited our home. He was polite and informed, happy to answer my many questions. Having done some research I had ideas on manufacturers. Greg was happy to update his quote to suit. The quote was very reasonable and far lower for the same thing than the other two providers. They removed our old solar hot water system from the roof without charge to make way for the panels. Others weren’t prepared to do that with charge.
On install day, Ben and his team arrived. They were polite, and happy to consult with us on inverter placement. They were done within a few hours, site clean and tidy, install no fuss.
System was working the same day.
I recommend Green Choice for their personalised sales, customer and install service, and reasonable pricing. I felt they were honest and reliable.

Very professional

Sales process was no nonsense and telling how it is. Installation was punctual, professional and very clean and tidy. Grid connection was easy as it was existing.

Great customer service

Great customer service and installation. Very happy with the quoting process, explained the benefits of the various systems and easy to select the combination we went with. Price was very competitive.

Excellent Installation and Service

We recently had Green Choice Electrical install solar panels to our new home. Greg provided great advice when selecting our products and quotations. Green Choice Electricals pricing was very competitive and I note that they were the only company I received a quote from that did not have an additional charge for two storey houses. The installation team arrived right on time and happily discussed options for locating our inverter. We were impressed with how tidy the team were, I noticed the care taken to not damage the colorbond and gutters when on our roof and installing the panels. After installation they provided assistance with setting up the monitoring system on our devices and connecting us appropriately. I would highly recommend this company.

Good value with proven providers and information

Courteous, timely and information rich quotation and clarifications process.
Good pricing on well known suppliers
Good communication through the supply and installation.
Good installation and setup of monitoring app
A small but well established local company,with goof quality work and value for money.
Would make this decision again.

Installation very good, clean and tidy

Sales/quoting was very good and helpful.The installation completed on time with no problems. The company arranged everything nothing for me to do.

Original Review on 28-07-2020:

Great price, good quality system

Installed efficiently and in a tidy manner. Had a few issues getting the smart meter to work properly which needed another visit but sorted within a couple of weeks. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Daryll: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is regularly producing 5kw on a sunny day and does the job without a single issue (touch wood).

Fantastic Installer Grren Choice

We felt comfortable right from the start Green Choice were friendly and did not pressure us, they gave us great information on there systems and were fantastic to deal with. They always answered our questions and the installation went very smoothly highly recommended.

Good choice Green Choice

Two young men were all of the above ie polite, punctual and tidy.

Original Review on 25-06-2020:

Excellent Installation. Great Price. Awesome Service

I used Green Choice Electrical as my solar systems supplier and installer.

They were knowledgeable and helpful and the system they quoted was the least expensive whilst using the highest rated combination of components.

Installation was completed on time and they took the time to help me setup the iPhone App as well.

I would highly recommend Ben and Greg to anyone in Perth.

8 months later we asked Kirk: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am 100% satisfied with our solar power system and the company that installed it. We have made significant savings on our power bills and we could not be happier. Everything that Greg and Ben from Green Choice Electrical promised was delivered.

Totally professional and a very slick installation

Green Choice Electrical came back with a competitive and comprehensive quote, with panels, inverter, options, business details.
We agreed an installation date. The team turned up at 7am on the day of installation, were totally professional, and had finished before 10am.
When I asked about the grid connection, it had already been arranged with our electricity supplier, and the meter replaced. We were good to go from day 1!
I had a follow up question about the mobile app to connect to the inverter, so the following Saturday they came by and sorted that out that issue.
I would totally recommend these guys for their quality and professionalism.

Best price, great service

Quoting process was informative, polite and non-pushy, and Greg was incredibly patient with my many questions. Wait time was reasonable, and the installation was smooth, tidy and stress free. Green Choice Solar come highly recommended.

Competitive and Reliable

I had a choice of two companies. After talking through my requirement on the phone, Green Choice came out early on a Sunday morning to so a site survey. This was mandatory given the shape and aspect of my roof, and the 30m Tuart tree on the northern side of the boundary. A quick inspection led to the answer in both capacity and installation plan, and the job was quoted within 24 hours. On the appointed day, the installation team were on time and carried out the job in trying conditions (heat) efficiently and safely. Within four hours the system was up and running. At present I am very happy with the outcome.

Great customer service sold it for us

I found throughout the process that Green Choice were the most engaged in the process and informative around what we needed and more importantly didn't need. Great knowledge of the product and technology and able to really make it easy to understand to make a really informed decision on which way to go.

Green Choice? Perfect Choice.

I spent a lot of time researching which panels, which inverter, and which company would do the installation. My studies of the (many) options led me to Green Choice, and with everything now installed and running smoothly I can say that this has been an excellent choice - no question.

From initial inquiry to final completion of works their attention to detail and oversight has been impressive. No pressure and no sales tactics. Solid advice as to your options. Rapid and intelligent responses to technical questions. A genuine care taken to listen to, and meet the customer’s needs.

This family business is run by Ben with his father Greg, and I was very impressed that at my initial site visit I was meeting the person who would be leading the actual installation on the day. This was important to me, especially as I had found that other installers were not keen to do a pre-installation site visit. With other installers I also found that there were sometimes many layers of people between those who were selling you a product and those who actually get subcontracted to do the work.

On the day, Ben and the work crew arrived on time, and were respectful and professional throughout. Their work was neat and tidy and the team clearly took pride in their work. Cables neatly routed, etc. In short, the job was done properly and to a high standard.

When something doesn’t quite work out as expected, this can be when you find out whether you made the right choice of installer. I had opted for Solar Analytics monitoring but the area I live in doesn’t see a very good 3G signal and data output was affected by this meaning a different solution needed to be found. Green Choice went the extra mile to solve the issues (which were not of their making) with the result that I am a very happy customer.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly the Green Choice team are decent, honourable people who are a pleasure to work with. My sincere thanks to Ben, Greg and Tony.

Excellent Quality Service

We are very happy with the quality of product and service provided by Green Choice Electrical.

Amazing all round experience

From start to finish Green Choice were a pleasure to deal with. Greg and Ben were 'above & beyond' friendly and professional with their time and expertise.

Sales / quoting process - Greg was informative and very helpful in my decision making process. I never felt under pressure to make a purchasing decision with Green Choice which unfortunately was my experience with a few other solar companies.

Installation - Ben and Team were very efficient and their expertise onsite was evident. Ben made a small change to panel layout after sizing the roof which he explained to me first and it made perfect sense!

Customer Service - World Class! From Greg's support in helping me understand the vast amount of solar information out there, to Ben's support in setting up the system monitoring app!
I couldn't reccommend Green Choice enough!

Very good service

Received very good service and quality of installation. The fronius inverter is not that friendly to program to your smartphone app,Greenchoice assisted me on this.
Definitely recommend them.

Rate them highly

Excellent service and a reliable team. All went very smoothly with no issues. Will use them again.

Sharp price, helpful advice re: systems, installed on agreed date, friendly in-house team

Obtained 3 quotes via Solar Quotes, and also 3 from other providers. Green Choice had very positive reviews, and for good reason - their pricing was very competitive, the advice they provided on inverters, panels and smart meters was extremely useful, and they installed on the agreed date. Install team was in-house, not subcontracted, they removed and disposed of my old system as part of the agreed price, no extra for a double story installation, installed the inverter in the garage as agreed, and left the site clean and tidy.

I went for a Fronius inverter and Jinko panels, plus a Solar Analytics smart meter - some smart meter setup issues were remotely sorted out by Green Choice and Solar Analytics with in a day, and the system is working as expected. The data from the smart meter is already allowing us to change the way we run appliances etc. Overall, a very positive experience and I would recommend Green Choice to anyone in Perth.

Pleasure to deal with.

Greg from Green Choice Electrical was the first to quote through the SolarQuotes website.

I received 1 other quote however the 3rd did not respond.
Having had my two previous solar installations completed by companies who subsequently went out of business, I was extremely careful in doing research before committing to a new system.

I decided to go with Green Choice Electrical because they are very experienced in solar Installations over a number of years, use their own technicians to do the installations, are very competitively priced and a pleasure to deal with. Any queries I had were promptly attended to.
The installation process on the day of install was faultless.

Ben suggested a change of solar panel positioning and that worked a treat. The previous inverter installer had run the electrical connection conduit down the outside of a cavity wall. Ben rerouted the cabling of the new inverter into the cavity wall and the result was such a difference with no messy cabling on the wall. He did that without any request from me. He could easily have used the existing conduit but mentioned it looked untidy. Ben took pride in his work.

The install was completed quickly with no mess left behind.
Ben asked if I wanted the Wi-Fi app activated but I said not to worry about that.

The old system was dismantled and taken away by Ben and his partner.
A day after the installation I had second thoughts about the WI-Fi and contacted Greg to see if they could come back out and run through the activation.

Greg had no issues at all and arranged a day. Despite me being on a rural property in the outer Metro area Greg had no hesitation in agreeing to come out.

On the arranged day Ben and Greg came out on time and activated the WI-FI application with no hassle.

I am extremely happy to have made the decision to go with Green Choice Electrical. Greg and Ben are a pleasure to deal with and they run a great family business and certainly have a very good knowledge of the solar industry.

I would have no hesitation n in recommending Green Choice Electrical to anyone thinking of installing a solar system.

A highly recommended, professional and local company.

Greg and his son visited my home shortly after my first contact and I greatly appreciated the time they took to meet in person, to discuss my requirements and physically assess my rooftop, to provide me timely and accurate advice. Nothing was too difficult and Greg gave of his time to answer numerous questions I had that day and in the weeks that followed as I made various comparisons, across 6 different quotes. It was due to his frank, honest and ongoing advice, that I made my own decision to invest in a slightly more expensive PV panel, but one that would last significantly longer; a manufacturer's warranty of 25 years, that would give my wife and I, a level of reliable certainty, well into the medium term of our home and their continued lives in it. Further, as I learned more from my research, Greg was happy to explain technical detail, in layman's language that made sense.

The decommissioning and installation began early and finished earlier than anticipated and I again was grateful for the company taking away my old 1.5 system for me and making good/restoring my external wall, where my old inverter had been. Everything was completed, exactly as quoted and to very high standards/finish also.

Greg and son had the paperwork and new system transfer paperwork completed in advance of the installation day, so the changeover went very smoothly. As I'm not very good with Wi-Fi set-ups and mobiles, his son also patiently explained and set up the Fronius/Solar Web Live WiFi for me, which went live, at the time of installation. Everything including grid installation was taken care of and their service to this end, was second-to-none. I could not compliment Geg and his son enough and so my decision to support a local business, in these difficult times, was a much easier and satisfying one to make, in choosing Green Choice Electrical.

I would recommend this company without reservation and would choose them again for future work.

great family small business

from start to finish they were professional, helpful and trustworthy. No need to haggle on price because they gave there best price straight of the bat.