Green Choice Electrical Reviews

About Green Choice Electrical, Solar Installers

Green Choice Electrical
Silver Partner
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
WA: EC 12468 Traynor, Benjamin

WA EC 12468 is registered to Benjamin Traynor - Benjamin Traynor is a Director of Green Choice Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,600 - $6,150 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Green Choice Electrical is a proudly owned, and operated, WA based private company which has been offering solar and green energy solutions to both commercial and residential customers since 2012. We believe in, and support, the concept of sustainable energy and in the benefits achieved by reducing our carbon footprint.

Green Choice Electrical only employs Clean Energy Council Accredited Solar Installers and Solar Designers.

We install your new solar system using our own teams, therefore we don’t ever sub-contract your installation to other parties, and we support you after the installation is completed by providing you with a 5 year workmanship warranty.

At Green Choice Electrical we take great pride in what we do, and how we do it. We have completed over 3000 installations, we are always on time, our work is completed to a very high standard using quality products and we ensure we leave your property exactly the way we found it.

Green Choice Electrical Solar Reviews

Green Choice? Perfect Choice.

I spent a lot of time researching which panels, which inverter, and which company would do the installation. My studies of the (many) options led me to Green Choice, and with everything now installed and running smoothly I can say that this has been an excellent choice - no question.

From initial inquiry to final completion of works their attention to detail and oversight has been impressive. No pressure and no sales tactics. Solid advice as to your options. Rapid and intelligent responses to technical questions. A genuine care taken to listen to, and meet the customer’s needs.

This family business is run by Ben with his father Greg, and I was very impressed that at my initial site visit I was meeting the person who would be leading the actual installation on the day. This was important to me, especially as I had found that other installers were not keen to do a pre-installation site visit. With other installers I also found that there were sometimes many layers of people between those who were selling you a product and those who actually get subcontracted to do the work.

On the day, Ben and the work crew arrived on time, and were respectful and professional throughout. Their work was neat and tidy and the team clearly took pride in their work. Cables neatly routed, etc. In short, the job was done properly and to a high standard.

When something doesn’t quite work out as expected, this can be when you find out whether you made the right choice of installer. I had opted for Solar Analytics monitoring but the area I live in doesn’t see a very good 3G signal and data output was affected by this meaning a different solution needed to be found. Green Choice went the extra mile to solve the issues (which were not of their making) with the result that I am a very happy customer.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly the Green Choice team are decent, honourable people who are a pleasure to work with. My sincere thanks to Ben, Greg and Tony.

Excellent Quality Service

We are very happy with the quality of product and service provided by Green Choice Electrical. Show additional information

Amazing all round experience

From start to finish Green Choice were a pleasure to deal with. Greg and Ben were 'above & beyond' friendly and professional with their time and expertise.

Sales / quoting process - Greg was informative and very helpful in my decision making process. I never felt under pressure to make a purchasing decision with Green Choice which unfortunately was my experience with a few other solar companies.

Installation - Ben and Team were very efficient and their expertise onsite was evident. Ben made a small change to panel layout after sizing the roof which he explained to me first and it made perfect sense!

Customer Service - World Class! From Greg's support in helping me understand the vast amount of solar information out there, to Ben's support in setting up the system monitoring app!
I couldn't reccommend Green Choice enough!

Very good service

Received very good service and quality of installation. The fronius inverter is not that friendly to program to your smartphone app,Greenchoice assisted me on this.
Definitely recommend them.

No fuss fantastic installer

After receiving quotes from various companies, green choice had the competitive price with the reputable brands listed on solar quotes.

I contacted the ops manager and had many questions, he took the time to answer them all across my days of deciding. When ever I emailed or called, he got back to me as soon as he could with detailed information.

The install process was seamless. Was given a date and time which the installers were on time, quick, efficient and tidy. It looked great when they were finished and proceeded to take the time to show me how to use the ap. After that, it was all working and haven’t had any dramas at all.

Rate them highly

Excellent service and a reliable team. All went very smoothly with no issues. Will use them again. Show additional information

Sharp price, helpful advice re: systems, installed on agreed date, friendly in-house team

Obtained 3 quotes via Solar Quotes, and also 3 from other providers. Green Choice had very positive reviews, and for good reason - their pricing was very competitive, the advice they provided on inverters, panels and smart meters was extremely useful, and they installed on the agreed date. Install team was in-house, not subcontracted, they removed and disposed of my old system as part of the agreed price, no extra for a double story installation, installed the inverter in the garage as agreed, and left the site clean and tidy.

I went for a Fronius inverter and Jinko panels, plus a Solar Analytics smart meter - some smart meter setup issues were remotely sorted out by Green Choice and Solar Analytics with in a day, and the system is working as expected. The data from the smart meter is already allowing us to change the way we run appliances etc. Overall, a very positive experience and I would recommend Green Choice to anyone in Perth.

Pleasure to deal with.

Greg from Green Choice Electrical was the first to quote through the SolarQuotes website.

I received 1 other quote however the 3rd did not respond.
Having had my two previous solar installations completed by companies who subsequently went out of business, I was extremely careful in doing research before committing to a new system.

I decided to go with Green Choice Electrical because they are very experienced in solar Installations over a number of years, use their own technicians to do the installations, are very competitively priced and a pleasure to deal with. Any queries I had were promptly attended to.
The installation process on the day of install was faultless.

Ben suggested a change of solar panel positioning and that worked a treat. The previous inverter installer had run the electrical connection conduit down the outside of a cavity wall. Ben rerouted the cabling of the new inverter into the cavity wall and the result was such a difference with no messy cabling on the wall. He did that without any request from me. He could easily have used the existing conduit but mentioned it looked untidy. Ben took pride in his work.

The install was completed quickly with no mess left behind.
Ben asked if I wanted the Wi-Fi app activated but I said not to worry about that.

The old system was dismantled and taken away by Ben and his partner.
A day after the installation I had second thoughts about the WI-Fi and contacted Greg to see if they could come back out and run through the activation.

Greg had no issues at all and arranged a day. Despite me being on a rural property in the outer Metro area Greg had no hesitation in agreeing to come out.

On the arranged day Ben and Greg came out on time and activated the WI-FI application with no hassle.

I am extremely happy to have made the decision to go with Green Choice Electrical. Greg and Ben are a pleasure to deal with and they run a great family business and certainly have a very good knowledge of the solar industry.

I would have no hesitation n in recommending Green Choice Electrical to anyone thinking of installing a solar system.

A highly recommended, professional and local company.

Greg and his son visited my home shortly after my first contact and I greatly appreciated the time they took to meet in person, to discuss my requirements and physically assess my rooftop, to provide me timely and accurate advice. Nothing was too difficult and Greg gave of his time to answer numerous questions I had that day and in the weeks that followed as I made various comparisons, across 6 different quotes. It was due to his frank, honest and ongoing advice, that I made my own decision to invest in a slightly more expensive PV panel, but one that would last significantly longer; a manufacturer's warranty of 25 years, that would give my wife and I, a level of reliable certainty, well into the medium term of our home and their continued lives in it. Further, as I learned more from my research, Greg was happy to explain technical detail, in layman's language that made sense.

The decommissioning and installation began early and finished earlier than anticipated and I again was grateful for the company taking away my old 1.5 system for me and making good/restoring my external wall, where my old inverter had been. Everything was completed, exactly as quoted and to very high standards/finish also.

Greg and son had the paperwork and new system transfer paperwork completed in advance of the installation day, so the changeover went very smoothly. As I'm not very good with Wi-Fi set-ups and mobiles, his son also patiently explained and set up the Fronius/Solar Web Live WiFi for me, which went live, at the time of installation. Everything including grid installation was taken care of and their service to this end, was second-to-none. I could not compliment Geg and his son enough and so my decision to support a local business, in these difficult times, was a much easier and satisfying one to make, in choosing Green Choice Electrical.

I would recommend this company without reservation and would choose them again for future work.

great family small business

from start to finish they were professional, helpful and trustworthy. No need to haggle on price because they gave there best price straight of the bat. Show additional information

Great price, good quality system

Installed efficiently and in a tidy manner. Had a few issues getting the smart meter to work properly which needed another visit but sorted within a couple of weeks. Show additional information

Great Team and best price in town.

Even though SolarQuotes recommended Green Choice, I went and did my own independent research with the arsenal of knowledge I got from SolarQuotes. Greg and Ben have been fantastic from day one. With the amount of research I have done, I will tell you, these guys are the best in Perth. They are the only tech installer (Not sales person) that visited our property to check premises out. They are the only company who could do on earliest time (two weeks time frame). And they are the only company that had the best price. Greg is great as operations manager. Very polite, friendly and knowledgeable. They say, like father, like son. And Ben carry all those traits on top of being technical installer/electrician. I have got Q-Cells Qmax with Fronius inverters and Fronius smart meter. Currently solar is running great. I will probably come back in a year time or so and give my experience on savings/further customer service. Show additional information

No bullshit, real service

The quote was prompt and with sufficient information to make a choice. When we asked for other pricing based on some addition research that we had done through the process they came straight back with a range of options and tight pricing. Green Choice kept it simple and honest , not the glossy sales that the others tried. And the guy who installed the system was there at the first meeting which gave us a lot of confidence.
Installation was great, on time, nice guys, worked very efficiently and were a pleasure to have involved.
They looked after all the extra bits and we didn't really have to do anything. Well done guys.

Great value Fronius / Jinko system inc solar analytics, good service and good experience with Green Choice Electrical

Green Choice Electrical were the first supplier to visit the house and the only one that got on the roof to measure up the space. Greg and Ben were friendly and professional. They were punctual for the consult and the install and it went well. Mines was the first solar analytics meter they had installed and there were some issues with it that needed resolving but that happened quickly and everything is working well. Very happy with their service. I'd happily recommend them. Show additional information

Excellent Installation. Great Price. Awesome Service

I used Green Choice Electrical as my solar systems supplier and installer.

They were knowledgeable and helpful and the system they quoted was the least expensive whilst using the highest rated combination of components.

Installation was completed on time and they took the time to help me setup the iPhone App as well.

I would highly recommend Ben and Greg to anyone in Perth.

Great Service

Highly recommend Green Choice. I had contacted 4 places for quotes. The guys from Green Choice were the only ones to actually come out and look at the house and speak with me directly which gave me a lot more comfort. As a result, they confirmed I had a 3phase system not just a single... They went above and beyond in terms of service as having done my research before they were open to discussing options with me to get the best output from my system that my relatively small roof allowed. I have a tiled roof with a few air vents sticking out on the sunny side. Where other providers proposed to install the panels around the vents (thereby reducing the number of panels I could have), Green Choice simply moved the air vents! Finally, they were by far the cheapest of all the quotes I receive, but yet they provided me with much better equipment! Go figure? All in all, they provided me with a quick turn around, knowledgeable and friendly service, and great value for money. Show additional information

Don't go anywhere else - these guys are top of their game!

I can't recommend Green Choice Electrical highly enough, and I'm a fussy customer. I had done quite extensive research on solar and had already spoken with two other companies, one of whom had come out to do a site visit. Greg, the Operations Manager is an excellent communicator, timely, warm, relaxed and very helpful. His son Ben is the electrician and the owner of the business and is a gem. They came out to do the visit together, happily answered all our questions, were approachable, knowledgeable, highly experienced but not remotely pushy. I felt very comfortable with them, particularly knowing they came recommended from Solar Quotes. Their punctuality was spot on, both for the visit and the installation which happened within 10 days of the visit. Unbelievably the installation was completed well within two and a half hours, and that was 20 panels up! And Ben even swept up after himself; such a pleasure to meet such a professional outfit. The system was pumping out 5kW of power even as they were walking away! Ben advised that Western Power would be out to install the smart meter within the week - they were out the very next day so we are on our way to payback already. Thank you so much guys, I'll be recommending you to everyone I speak with solar about from this point on :) Show additional information

Can’t recommend enough - so happy

This is a father and son team (Greg and Ben) who were very pleasant to work with from quote to install.

Communicated with Greg for the quote and he was so kind and patient with all our questions and provided all product specs. Response was very quick, factual and to the point and professional and was an absolute pleasure communicating with him with no pressure or sales tactics. Felt very comfortable going ahead as we looked at their Facebook page which eventually made us go with them as we knew we were supporting a young family’s business and supporting local, rather than big solar companies out there to get your money.

Install day went without a hitch. Two man team to install 20 panels which took 6 hours. They didn’t break any tiles. Ben consulted with us where he was going to install the inverter and did a very neat job with the install of pipes etc considering we had a double story concrete slab above the garage. Should have asked them to take pictures beforehand before they packed everything up.

Ben stayed and assisted with the system admin install which was so helpful - took him 5 minutes and I’m so glad, because it would have taken us so much longer to install not being familiar with the pages and screens you need to go through. Also installed the app which shows daily energy yield - on a 6.6kw system has been generating about 35kwh for the last three days.

Very happy with install. Only wished we got some pictures and that they had credit card facilities to pay. Would highly recommend

Fronius/Jinko PV system install

Quick response to any queries during the estimating process. They gave good advice. Timely turnaround for the installation and a very clean and tidy project completed. Would definately use again Show additional information

Great value system, very good after sales experience

One thing I've noticed with solar companies is the first quote they give you says a lot about whether they care about the long term reliability of your system or just making a quick buck.

The initial quote I got was for a Fronius 5 kW inverter and 20x Jinko JKM330-60H panels. It's not what I ultimately wanted but it's a very good start and would probably work for 80% of people out there.

I got quotes from multiple companies for the same system and Green Choice Electrical had the best price, shortest lead time and Greg hadn't missed a beat with following up on calls and whatnot.

Installation day comes 'round and Perth gets its first big downpour for the year. Credit to Ben and his team, they showed up on time but it was pouring so we agreed they should re-schedule. Just as they disappeared around the corner the rain started to clear. They turned around and performed the install in the drizzling rain. Lucky I've got a tile roof.

No major issues initially but a few kinks to be worked out. The system had a minor issue with the voltage rise being slightly out of compliance, the wiring has been replaced with a thicker gauge so this should be sorted. I also opted for a smart meter and this required a second visit to correct the installation so it is correctly reporting consumption.

While not 100% perfect on day one, I didn't have any issues having the guys come out and make minor corrections. I doubt most customers will have any issues if you take the default choice of Fronius + Jinko.

Thank you to Greg, Ben, Tony and the rest of the installation team.

Prompt and Friendly installation

Quote was less informative than others but adequate. Fair to say comparison between panels and inverters was gained from the explanation of others. As these were the last to visit, there was no need to ask as many questions.

Installation went very well. Quick 3 1/2 hrs and on time.

Seamless organisation of grid connection.

Nice people to work with.

Excellent service all round

Excellent response and service for the entire. We have already recommended them to others. Show additional information

Fast Installation and good value

Quote was the best on price and installed without even a deposit which I found amazing.
All questions were answered.
No fuss installation, installed on the date specified in the position specified.
No agreement or contracted signed but agreed to terms sent in quote.
Only negatives were footprints and scuff marks on panels, a quick wipe down after installation would have been good pride in installation.
Tiles left in garden and pieces of racking installation left in gutters, bit tardy, but not the end of the world, if you can find any Australian tradsperson that cleans up after themselves you've struck gold. I was told the inverter had monitoring but wasnt told the website that does all this has been defunct since nov2019...not the installers fault. All in all still yet to see me first bill, but should do the job. Best on price and delivered as promised.

Quick and easy

Green Choice have provided a competitive quote, a quick turnaround and a very friendly service Show additional information

fantastic services

we had a fantastic experience with Green Choice Electrical, the quotation came very quickly and I reviewed and gave some comments, then the re-draw came in in very short time. Greg replied all emails with clear detailed information which is very helpful. I am very happy the company put the employee's safety in the 1st place and also looks after the customer with good quality. highly recommended. Show additional information

Good price nice local company

Quick quote. No surprises. Polite sale people and friendly quick installers. Appeared professional and knowledgeable Show additional information

6.6KW system. Jan 2020

Everything was easy. Install was tidy, clean and neat.
Great communications. All paperwork and certificates done for me and handed over promptly.
I would highly recommend if you are after good quality product at a fair price. I am a very happy customer and can confirm the system performance is excellent.

Father & Son team really great blokes

Quoted 7 AM on a Sunday morning. Now thats service!!
Installation date stuffed around by Western Power playing games.
Could not fault work carried out by Green Choice Electrical

Job well done start to finish

Good quote
Quick install
Very professional start to finish
Very happy

Prompt, responsive to requests, excellent value

Green Choice responded quickly, and were very willing to give me the various options I requested. For the same equipment they were considerably cheaper than some other long~established local solar businesses.
Ben and Greg are very pleasant to deal with. I felt very comfortable choosing them. I believe they have done a good job, everything looks very neat, and I am looking forward to seeing the results in my next bill. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Fantastic service from Green Choice Electrical

First company to call me, Greg and Ben came over the same evening and gave me a quote which was very reasonable.

Agreed a date for installation, and as promised they installed on time and without any issues.

Has a few issues getting the app to work, which was not a problem at their end, but were very helpful to try and resolve the issue.

Would recommend them without any hesitation.

Very happy customer

It was a pleasure to deal with Greg. The installations were done on time with a minimum of fuss. Highly recommend the team from Greenchoice Electrical. Show additional information