NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews

About NRG Solar - National Renewable Group, Solar Installers

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group
Platinum Partner
NRG Solar - National Renewable Group is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 87 166 672 242  ABN active since 01 Nov 2014 | National Renewable Group Pty Ltd
ACN: 166 672 242  ACN active since 08 Nov 2013 | National Renewable Group Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: PGE 265454 National Renewable Group Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,700 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

NRG Solar - Leading Solar in SA
We believe that generating your own clean energy doesn’t have to be costly or confusing.
The reality is the solar industry can be confusing, which is why we pride ourselves on providing balanced, expert information. Your job is to sit back and relax knowing that our qualified technicians design and install customised solar panel and energy storage systems to exacting Australian Standards.

We use only high quality components and the latest, most efficient technologies that guarantee you maximum return on your investment.

Our History
When NRG Solar began, our initial mission was to provide expert solar maintenance and repairs for people who found it difficult to get qualified solar technicians to work on their systems or had purchased solar from companies that were no longer in business.
We quickly earned a national reputation for providing expert solar panel system service and support. In the process of fixing failed and underperforming systems, we saw first-hand the results of previous installers who had been poorly trained, unaware of safe work practices and, oftentimes, plain lazy. We also came across many, many failing inverters.
As a consequence of doing hundreds of repair jobs every year, we quickly learned which products were the best performers and which installation techniques were safest and most reliable.

NRG Solar Today
NRG Solar is South Australia’s trusted provider of tailored solar solutions for home and business. We design, sell, install and maintain premium, affordable solar panel and energy storage systems for your home or business. And our commitment to outstanding customer service, high quality products and unrivalled solar expertise is uncompromising.

We have a state of the art Interactive Showroom on South Road, Richmond where our HQ is powered by our panels on our roof. Drop in so we can show you around.

Our Mission:
To ensure that every solar panel system in South Australia is safe, reliable and providing the best return-on-investment for its owner.

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Solar Reviews

Fantastic customer service all round

The sales person explained everything in lay mans terms. The customer service from the main office was fantastic and kept us informed every step of the way. The installation team was absolutely outstanding.... nothing was too hard for them they were very professional. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

I have my 6.6 Kw Solar system installation done by NRG. My decisions of the panels was probably the most difficult part of the system. I have opted for 20 x Winaico WST-M6 series. The inverter is a Sungrow .
The installation was done in a day with the team arriving on time and giving all the informations needed after the completion of the project.
The experience was great and I would recommend NRG to anyone who would like to have a good system installation with the technical support for all the questions you may have.

Outstanding service and support

I can't speak more highly of the service that NRG provided for us. Michael visited our house when we first started looking for solar. He ran through multiple system options and easily found the best solution to suit our circumstances. He remembered us when we next contacted him to revisit the solar option almost 2 years later. He checked in with us during the install and again a week after the system was installed.

Sarah managed the paperwork, emails and documentation, clearly explaining every step of the process, nothing was too much trouble. Their online videos are an excellent resource that will give you peace of mind with those questions that pop up at odd times.

Jordan & Stefan installed the system. They made sure we were informed & involved in every step of the installation. They were polite, respectful and worked around our needs, they even cleaned up after themselves.
We're extremely happy with the service and product and highly recommend NRG for your solar solutions.

Smooth and Efficient Process

All people we dealt with were competent and helpful. We were impressed with the overall coordination. Show additional information

Very happy that we chose NRG.

We spent quite some time talking with a number of potential solar suppliers and installers trying to find a company who would do a good job but who would also not approach our job with a cookie-cutter “one size fits all” approach.
We chose NRG as we were really impressed with Michael’s considered approach and his patience in making sure we understood all our options and the pros and cons of each choice. He spent time with us and we felt that we received tailored expert advice with reasons for each suggestion and without pressure.
The installation was complex and reasonably large. Jarrad and Alex, the installers, were efficient, smiling, and extremely competent. As planned it took a number of days to complete. We had also requested that they move our fuse board which created some unexpected challenges for them but they addressed these and everything was done neatly, on time, and very much to our satisfaction.
Amelia who managed our install from the office was also very friendly, helpful and supportive.
Overall we are very happy and would have no hesitation in recommending NRG to our friends.

Great Solar Solution

The sales person was very accommodating and took his time to review the shading on the house and come up with a solution. I refined my end solution which was no problem.
The installation was very seamless. The crew were courteous and the placement of the sub-board in the laundry was of a high standard.
There was a minor confusion with receiving the approval from Power Networks which was rectified quickly. NRG sent all paperwork through to my provider and I was cc’d into correspondence.
I have been fully connected for 4 days now and everything is running smoothly.

NRG Solar Installation

We have recently had a 15kW system with Winaico panels and Fronius inverter installed and we are very happy with the service and quality we received from NRG Solar.
The first consultation with Michael Summers was very professional and knowledgeable, giving detailed explanations.
Installation was great; Dan and Joe were punctual and efficient and ensured a seamless installation of the panels.
Thank you to Amelia for overseeing the admin. You were very helpful and professional.
We would recommend NRG Solar to family and friends.

Battery installation

Very happy with the installation, neat and tidy and clean. Good crew of guys who were on time and very polite. I have recommended NRG to my circle of friends. Show additional information

A job well done!!!

The sales quoting process was painless.
The installation was excellent, the crew were tidy and efficient and turned up on time.
Customer service was excellent

NRG exceeds expectations

I chose NRG as I was focussed on Quality & Performance over a cheap deal

When Michael came to quote, he was interested in designing a system that met my criteria instead of pushing an ‘off-the-shelf’ system, and was happy to re-quote several times as I kept changing my requirements

Sarah and the girls in the Office were very efficient with contact made every step of the process and, when I had some technical questions, they were able to explain in a manner that was easy to understand

The Installation Team (Nigel and the Lads) were prompt and very professional. Nigel took the time to explain the installation to me and ensured everything was functioning well on handover.

Overall a stress-free experience and I would recommend NRG to anyone looking to ‘Go Solar’

Easy, Swift no fuss

The whole process from talking to Michael , sales person, made solar the solar process very easy from quoting to installation. The addition of a Tesla battery how it would work and what I should expect moving on.
NRG as a company was very easy to work with and I have recommended them to several other people looking for solar and/or home battery's.

Very knowledgeable and helpful

Michael & the team at NRG solar were extremely helpful in advising us of the best system. Very happy with the installation by Chris & Toby and service provided by Amelia in the office. Looking forward to many happy years of clean energy production. Highly recommend this company for all of your solar needs! Show additional information

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

NRG Solar Great Servie

Great Service from Start to end
Every thing explained well, all questions answered
Well designed system for our situation
Great installation team polite, tidy, and did a great job

Customer driven company

If Quality is important to you NRG is my recommendation for planning, product, and service. Show additional information

Excellent company for solar

From our initial appointment to discuss our options to the ongoing customer service and installation everything went well.
All up and running now so we look forward to saving lots on our energy bills.

Solar Panel Installation

Good comms from office team.

Installers arrived on time on due date. Friendly and efficient team. Answered all queries and concerns. Completed works on time and left site clean and tidy. Instruction on use of system post installation and during commissioning very comprehensive.

My new solar panels and power wall from NRG

I'm very happy with the outcome. The quoting process was easy to follow because of Michael's good communication.
The installation of the panels and power wall smoothly fitted in around other major events with the house.
It was a neat and tidy presentation. All power to Toby for that.
The phone and email support from Nick and Amelia was always prompt and satisfactory.
Everything was on time, organised and efficient.
These are good people to deal with.
Highly recommended.

NRG Solar System

My solar system was installed in August 2020. They explained everything about the solar system that I was interested in having installed. I was really impressed with their honesty and from beginning to the end everything went smoothly. The previous two quotes I got made me have doubts but when I spoke to NRG Solar I knew I was I could trust their company. Show additional information

Look no further than NRG Solar

Just a really well organised local Adelaide solar business providing great factual advice backed up with solid service and workmanship. From initial inquiry with Hayley to completion everything went smooth as. My Tesla Powerwall install was carried out by Dan & Jo who were punctual, neat and tidy. Sam & Amelia from their office rang me to arrange the booking and the whole install was completed in half a day. 99% self sufficiency on the first day. Love it! Show additional information

Professional service and excellent quality.

Sales person came to our home and was knowledgable and helpful. All office staff have been friendly and efficient. Tradesmen were tidy and punctual.

Hi Karen & Ray,

Great to hear our staff were knowledgeable and the tradesmen were neat and on time, we will pass on the good review to the staff!

Sunny regards,
NRG Solar!

Excellent product knowledge and service

Wonderfully knowledgeable staff from Sales, and admin through to the awesome installers from JP Solar. My Tesla Battery looks awesome and is doing its ‘thing’, the app is so helpful and I find myself looking at my home energy usage a few times a day. It’s helped me figure out when to use my appliances and also alerted me to some potential problems with my ducted heating. Thanks NRG Solar - awesome company to deal with and will recommend to friends. Show additional information

NRG Solar

Excellent service and advice. Michael planned the Enphase system and according to Dan the installer got it exactly right! Michael was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Dan, Joe Josh and Aaron installed the system. Very professional and safety conscious. Amelia on the production side made sure everything went to plan and the grid connection went smoothly. And the best thing is we are now producing more than we use! Couldn't fault them. Show additional information

Really happy with NRG

Have just had a Solar system installed by NRG. Really great to deal with and so professional. Michael there customer educator man ( That’s what found him to be, he’s not a sign here salesman) talks to at a level that you can understand. Quote arrived in no time and the same easy to read with all the information on products to used. The installers did a great job and even the dog liked them. NRG may not be the cheapest but you know what they say, you only get what you pay for. So if you want a no hassle very high quality solar system, with a company that I believe will be around for a long time if you need them, can’t go past NRG. Show additional information

NRG installation. Fantastic outcome

NRG - No hard sell; just the facts. Explained the whole procedure so there were no surprises.
Installation went without any issues. The guys from Griffin Renewable Energy did a fantastic job. Would never have known they had been there afterwards. They took there time to show me the setup and how to operated the system.
The whole customer service experience was fantastic. Still waiting for my retailer to add the input/export meter, but had to do very little to organise. The information provided steps you through the process.
Would definitely recommend NRG and Griffin Renewable Energy.

Outstanding service with both Outstanding selection choices , new build consultation , installation flexibility due to builder delays and smoothly expedited installation

NRG have provided outstanding service with both selection choices , new build consultation, installation flexibility due to builder delays and smoothly expedited installation. They also have provided wonderful service after the install with software setup and monitoring. Have used other company before and I highly recommend Michael Summers at NRG to everyone I know. I have had the 13kw 3phase Fronius system in place now for 18 months now and it is terrific.

I have rung them on several occasions asking questions on batteries and other system designs essentially kicking the tyres and educating myself. They even assisted me in setup of another system that they did not install due to the other company's lack of return call.

Welldone Michael Summers at NRG.

Communication Problems

Sales quotes was professional and the only one to arrange to come for an initial meeting and consultation. Spent a long time with us answering our questions. We decided to go with this company after a long toss up between a better solar panel or more overall performance function, so it wasn't the cheapest of the three quotes. Installers were polite and tidy. Installation was rescheduled because of rain but they did arrive bright and early the following Monday.

The installation disappointing as the agreed layout was not adhered to and it wasn't until installation was complete that we went out to see the panels to find out that they were not installed as agreed. The manager apologised for the lack of communication and for not providing a contract variation agreement and he did offer free cleaning of the panels. We received a reminder to pay the last of our bill which we felt we should not have done as part of the installation was if you are not happy with your installation you could withhold a portion of payment. We did however pay the remaining money out of courtesy.

Customer service initially was really good but once we had a problem with installation and connection of our inverter to the grid, I found emails were not being answered in a timely manner, if at all, until we persisted with receiving a response. We had to follow up on grid connection, over many weeks, this I feel should have been followed up by NRG to make sure that everything was ready to go as soon as the installation was completed.

Hi Deb,
We are sorry to hear that you weren’t absolutely satisfied with your experience. At NRG Solar we want everyone to experience a smooth and positive solar journey. We would like to acknowledge that we are disappointed that we let you down and appreciate the feedback as we are able to review your solar journey and make amendments to our processes as needed.
Regarding the installation, we understand you liaised with our install manager Scott who recognised that there was a communication breakdown on our end. As Scott mentioned we are sincerely apologetic for this and I understand we have offered a complimentary panel clean and electrical call out to help with an unrelated matter which we were happy to help with.
Unfortunately, meter change overs can be very frustrating! NRG is not able to contact your retailer on your behalf as the retailer will only discuss this work with you and their meter coordinator, who carries out the meter work(s). We know that this can be a challenging part of the solar journey as all retailers have different processes to manage their workflows and customer orders. We are committed to improving this process with retailers, SAPN and other installers like us to help smooth out this process for customers.
We value your feedback and wanted to thank you for taking the time to pass this on.
NRG Solar

A solar company to trust!

The knowledge of Michael from NRG was outstanding and gave us comfort and piece of mind that we were getting a system that suited our needs the best.

Our installers, Dan and Jo were fantastic - they were there exactly when they said they would be and worked through various rain issues to get the job done. They left the site so today - in fact they even removed some debris from our gutters help us out as our roof is so high!

The office staff were fantastic throughout, especially Ellen who we worked more closely with. They could answer all our questions promptly and professionally before, during and after the installation and coordinated a seamless grid connection. Thank you to the whole team at NRG - I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

A very satisfied customer of NRG SOLAR.

We recently had solar panels installed in our home by NRG Solar. Our experience with the people involved in the process were exceptionally helpful and competent in the service provided. Our initial contact with Ellen was seemless. She explained the process clearly and made it easy to understand and set up. The analysis of our site was carried out Michael and he too was excellent in his explanation and carrying out of the assessment of the house. The arranging of a suitable time and date by both Michael and Ellen went very smoothly. The actual installation was carried out by Daniel and Joe. They arrived on time and the installation was quick and efficient
Dan explained the mechanics and next stage clearly and the system was ready to go, once our power provider updated the meter. The request for this to happen was done by NRG SOLAR and now the meter has been done, we now have a great solar system.
Many thanks to all involved at NRG SOLAR and we would have no hesitation in recommending this company to prospective buyers.
Regards,
Angie and Mark.

High Quality Great Product

NRG sales took the time to ask questions and gather information to provide multiple options that were customised to our situation. The pros and cons of each option were explained well so we could make an informed decisions. The process that followed was expalined and we were kept in the loop all the time with plenty of guidance and assistance.
Installation was quick and all rubbish was removed from site. Installers where happy to explain what was happening and allowing me to have a look at hardware, just because I was curious and wanted to see/feel the product.

Great Local Company

Recently had our system put in by NRG Solar and couldn't be happier. The whole process was professional and thoughtful and Michael was a terrific organiser of our needs and Daniel and Jarred did a fantastic, efficient job installing the unit. We are very pleased with the whole process which can be quite daunting but these people took us through it all with ease - happy to recommend to anyone considering taking the plunge! Show additional information

Very Professional.

It started by the receptionist contacting me to arrange an appointment for the evaluation, site inspection and the discussion on what I wanted to what the company could do. The quote came back, concise and straight forward. Installation day was organised and efficient, with all rubbish removed, with the crew well managed, professional with good presentation. The system is easy to access with prior arrangements conducted by the company, with answers to any immediate question that I rose! Show additional information

Great advice

The thing about hat sold us on NRG was their salesman Michael Summers who explained the pros and cons of our various options patiently and clearly. He was available for follow up advice and really gave us a clear basis on which to make choices. The installation took a little longer than predicted (an extra half day) because of some technical issues with our roof but was completed smoothly and the grid connection was established immediately. Everyone we’ve spoken to at the company was efficient, polite and helpful. We’ve already started recommending them to friend. And the system is working brilliantly, already breaking even or better on a daily basis. Show additional information

Excellent service, quality results

The experienced and knowledgeable consultant came out to the house to design an optimal system.
The installation went smoothly, neat work and the polite installation team cleaned up and left the place tidy.
NRG helped organise the grid connection which went ahead straight after installation.
Follow up support has been good and the system has been working well.

NRG Solar 3 phase

A great service. The install took a couple of days, but they were on time each day, and both polite and friendly. Show additional information

Nice work NRG!

From the original meeting with Michael to discuss our needs through the entire process culminating in Stefan and the guys installing our system, during nasty weather, we couldn't be happier with NRG, and the service they have provided. Show additional information

Great Service

NRG were great from 1st contact with Michael for quote, his explanations were clear and I was able to understand well, quote supplied in great detail and very quickly, also communicated post install. Ellen kept me well informed all the way to installation (and answered my silly questions). All the rebate claims and grid connections was done by NRG. The installers Daniel and Stefan arrived on time, were hard workers and left the area clean. Thank you NRG and all your staff. Penelope Bailes Show additional information

A Pleasure to Deal With

Michael quoted & was involved with the entire process,Ellen handled the admin & Nigel completed the installation. Very happy with everything. Show additional information

Exceeded expectations

Michael gave very easy to understand info we knew what we were doing and why.

Installation was scheduled to take 2 days but was done in one day. This was due to COVID19 where they put more workers on to get it done quicker. Installers were great while maintaining social distancing, everything was left tidy at the end, and all was up & running at the end of the day. A change was made to the set up and this was explained and was to my benefit.

Very pleased with the result

Fast and professional installation of a quality system. 6.4KW Sunpower panels and Fronius Primo 5KW inverter with monitoring.

The salesman was courteous and open to haggling on the price. Installation was a lot quicker than my original system - 2.2KW - back in 2008 which took several months from approval. NRG was a matter of weeks. Installation was done in one day including removal of the old system. Having had a previous system the grid install was pretty much automatic and the installers cleaned up after the job was done. Recommended. Show additional information

Considering the COVID-19 I had to make decisions by phone. Salesman was very informative & made it easier to have them go ahead and install my solar system

Quoting was quick and very explanatory. Installation took place without me being able to be present. Customer service was excellent and they organised the connection to the grid. Because I was not there I was sent photos of the panels on the roof. Very happy. Show additional information
I haven't got it working yet waiting on meter box. Hence some of the answers. Show additional information

Great value and excellent workmanship

We had our solar panel and battery system installed at the start of February. The quotation and system selection process with Michael Summers was excellent. Michael was able to clearly explain the system and tailored it to our needs and budget. He was very patient with us as we worked through the selection and design process offering good advice along the way.
The system was installed onto our new home at the start of February. This was organised by Amelia & Ellen who looked after all the pre-installation matters. They completed all the rebate documentation and made the swap over process so easy.
The system was installed by Daniel on the day nominated and in the time quoted. Daniel's workmanship is excellent. The site was always clean and tidy, no rubbish left behind and the installation is neat and tidy.
I have no issues recommending this team for solar panel and battery supply and installation.
Loving not having any electricity bills to pay and helping the environment.

Comprehensive and professional service

The quote was comprehensive and in person. They gave the impression that they had thoroughly examined our house and designed a system specific to it. Other companies carried it out by website/email and over the phone. Their quotes were OK but we were not certain that they had taken our situation thoroughly into account. The installation was carried out with the minimum disruption and all the grid connections and ancillary activities were completed promptly. The longest wait was for the change over to the smart meter Show additional information

We have been enjoying our updated solar system for just over a year now and have no regrets. Updated from 1.5 to 6.7 plus a 10kW Sonnen battery. As with any big purchase, there are a few bumps in the road but Michael Summers our Solar Design Consultant and the entire team at NRG Solar provided some of the BEST customer services I have ever experienced over the last decade or so. Although we are not quite at zero with our electricity account I feel very satisfied as to how much we are saving and on top of that payment of the system.
A big thank you to NRG. Totally happy I found them.

Great Job NRG

Very impressed with NRG from first contact. Steve came to our home and advised on a system that suited our needs and positioned the panels to maximise the sun throughout the day. Other companies only quoted via email. System installed 2 weeks after SA Power networks approval. Installers were great. Clean and tidy installation. Excellent customer service after installation too. Happy customer. Show additional information

Very knowledgeable salesman and excellent service

Good idea to get multiple quotes and the info from nrg was excellent Show additional information

Overall, good

Good communication through quoting and install and final payment made then emails were not responded to. Show additional information

Team that installed system were really good.

All aspects of quoting and installing were simple and NRG helpful and knowledgable. Team that installed the system, we couldnt recomend highly enough Show additional information

It doesn't get any better than this

We were building a new home from scratch in 2018/19, and did extensive research on PV systems in multiple locations before requesting 3 quotes on the Solar Quotes website. Two vendors responded with quotes while the 3rd was effectively unresponsive.
The response from Michael Summers from NRG was quick, professional and totally reasonable.
It was no surprise to later learn that Finn from the Solar Quotes site chose NRG for his own solar system installation.
Michael’s pre sales consultation was extensive and thorough. He listened to what we were trying to achieve with our installation and guided us to that goal. Suggestions were made but there was never any pressure to include unnecessary extras.
Michael provided advice re: the electrical configuration of the proposed house, and the PV system size, including the inverter choice. Its worth noting that the match between the peak panel capacity and the inverter size has been astonishingly accurate over the course of the intervening summer months since installation was completed.
We had a difficult relationship with our builder for most of the project, but Michael and Amelia engaged with them and their electrical contractor to ensure the best result, and to cut our installation costs when the panels were later installed after handover of the home.
Amelia maintained contact with us as the build got underway to answer any queries and track our progress, and then made sure that the system was ready to be installed once we had agreed with her on an installation date.
Installation day arrived at last!
Dan and his team were onsite and ready to go right on time. They hit our dusty yard running. Nothing was too difficult, and the installation was completed on time, on budget, and on-spec with no surprises. We really appreciated all the extra care they took to keep as much of the dust as possible OUTSIDE our brand new home.
From the moment it was switched on, this system has performed perfectly. The few questions we have had since that time have all been addressed by Michael.
NRG know exactly what they are doing from start to finish. They provide great customer service and maintain a relationship with their customers post-installation, unlike some other vendors. That’s why they will be our first call in several month’s time when we move on to install an off-grid PV system to our shed, and to add a battery to our home system in a few years.
We have nothing but praise for NRG Solar, and thoroughly recommend them to anyone considering installation of a PV system.