NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews

About NRG Solar - National Renewable Group, Solar Installers

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group
Platinum Partner

Setting the Standard in Solar Solutions

When NRG Solar - National Renewable Group began, our initial mission was to provide expert solar maintenance and repairs for people who found it difficult to get qualified solar technicians to work on their systems or had purchased solar from companies that were no longer in business.

We quickly earned a national reputation for providing expert solar panel system service and support

In the process of fixing failed and underperforming systems, we saw firsthand the results of previous installers who had been poorly trained, unaware of safe work practices and, oftentimes, plain lazy. We also came across many, many failing inverters. As a consequence of doing hundreds of repair jobs every year, we quickly learned which products were the best performers and which installation techniques were safest and most reliable.

Today, NRG Solar Services is South Australia’s trusted provider of tailored solar solutions

We design, sell, install and maintain premium, affordable solar panel and energy storage systems for your home or business. And our commitment to outstanding customer service, high quality products and unrivalled solar expertise is uncompromising.

Our Mission:

To ensure that every solar panel system in South Australia is safe, reliable and providing the best return-on-investment for its owner.

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Solar Reviews

Yes, my system was installed 20th March 2019 and we have been told the meter wont be changed for another 2 weeks or more. This is not the fault of the installer.

The delay in getting my meter installed so I can actually use my solar is frustrating and obviously a rip off because someone is getting my power generated for free.

There needs to be a better process to this or at least warn people of this as this is an unknown part of the process.

When you ring any call centre and try to explain they don't understand , pathetic

Almost makes you wonder if this process (solar) is actually worth it in the end
After the initial choice of solar panels, NRG let me know they could not supply that particular model, but they substituted with another panel of the same brand, which is apparently superior - at no extra cost.
When the installers came, they discovered that the layout of the panels on my roof would not fit as designed [because I have an unusual ridged configuration]. However, they worked around this and have installed 10 panels as agreed.
The meter has only just been switched over so I am waiting to see how effective the system will be.
Well they were the only ones that bothered to come out to my home, on time spent 2hrs plus explaining in detail all the in and outs of everything Show additional information
Expert didn't know what he was talking about. Talked us out of a bigger system & now doesn't cover our bill. Told us we could put panels where we couldn't. Have emailed re our solar input & got no reply. Wouldn't use them again Show additional information
My choice was NRG reason being sales representative visited me at home and explained the best system to suit me. One other was competitive but all contact was through sms and email. Cheers and thank you very much for your help, Gabriel. Show additional information
NRG Solar have been excellent right from the start. The Sales Rep was at our home for nearly 2 hours and explained everything about their products, service record and the way they would do the job. He even climbed into our roof cavity! The price was right for us and the thorough personal service sold us on NRG Solar. Since signing on the dotted line the communication from head office (in Adelaide) has been excellent. All the paperwork was done correctly and on time. The 3kw system was installed yesterday and the team who did the work was great! Very efficient operation; kept me informed the whole time, explained how everything worked and had the job done in 2.5 hrs. They even swept the garden path as part of the tidy up! Today I received a thank you email from NRG and a promise to check on us in 12 months to see how the system is working. That's confidence in your product and service! Highly recommended. Show additional information
Being installed this week. Show additional information
Includes battery Show additional information
Thanks for getting me onto NRG. They are a little more expensive but well worth the price in terms of quality and customer service! Totally happy with all aspects of the process. Show additional information
I felt secure knowing I was in good hands with NRG. They were very professional, kept me informed of what was happening and solved a minor issue very quickly. Show additional information
Good service during install. However service after install has been a let down. I've had trouble with the online monitoring of my Fronius inverter and after 4 weeks, have only had 1 phone call to try and resolve the issue without any progress to fix the problem. Show additional information
I had a personal appt with one company the other two were over the phone. NRG were good in that I was able to ask questions , did some negotiating with them and in the end they agreed to what I wanted. The system is a 4.8 kW.
So there was lots of back and forth communicating.
Your site was really helpful making a choice and the large amount of information was very useful as well. Show additional information
Knowledge and service from salesperson was excellent, after sales service was very disappointing and frustrating. Show additional information
NRG was absolutely brilliant. They kept me posted at all stages of the process e.g when the scope was going to happen, when they applied for SEG approval. I had the new meter installed by AGL in less than 2 weeks. Customer service representative was always in contact till the completion of the project. Thank you once again for helping with my solar Show additional information
Initial sales experience was great and I was always kept informed of progress up to and including installation. Overall a very professional company. Show additional information
Supplier and installer awesome.
AGL (my distributor) organizing getting my import/export meter installed totally crap.
When eventually installed, I`m taking my business elsewhere.
All great from quote to install and follow up support, if only Energy Australia were as efficient with their meter changing service. Show additional information
Thankyou for helping with solar quotes! Show additional information
NRG are extremely professional with excellent sales, tradesmen, and customer service.
Thank you for your website it made us much better informed and helped us choose a great company to deal with.
Everyone at NRG was good and helpful to deal with, salesman, installer and office staff. A couple of initial technical issues were quickly solved. Show additional information
System is yet to be connected via import export but so far so good Show additional information
We chose NRG mainly because they came to the house and talked about our requirements. Kym was really good and the installation was really quick. We are waiting on our electricity supplier to now install our smart meter. In a few years we may look at a battery also.
Thanks Gary and Shannon
Only 2 of the 3 gave a complete quote , and although one was extremely nice on the phone NRG insisted that coming to my home and checking everything was the best way , so they got the job Show additional information
The sales person won the contract for NRG. He was not an electrical expert, but he made sure I'll get all the specific electrical info I needed to know. He also help substantially to plan the correct system for us and prevented us from a snag around council regulations regarding solar panel installations. The original appointment was planned for one hour but he was two hours at our place to clear up the last question regarding the system and the organisation of the installation.
Again we only can thank him very much for this initial visit and the follow up work he did for us. He is an asset to NRG.
All installation, quality of the system and all organisation around the whole process from the office was well done and on time. The test run of the system was a success and it delivers the design values. We just need the new meter installed to get up to full speed.
Also thanks to 'Solar Quotes' for helping us along and not getting trapped in a 'Solar Disaster'
We can't speak highly enough of our experience with NRG. Michael took every care in designing, quoting and answering our many questions. He helped us make the right choice without any pressure and we were very comfortable signing up with NRG. The only uncertainty was the price of renewable certificates which are not determined until installation and while we understand the reason for this, competitors quoted a fixed price irrespective of market movements. Just a small point, but we were a little nervous about this uncertainty.

The installers were on time, quick with the install, friendly and very helpful. Jarrad set up our wireless monitoring and explained the system thoroughly, going through an extensive checklist with us. The panel layout is neat and tidy (no broken tiles!) and install quality excellent. Our request for stainless fastenings due to our coastal location was not a problem for NRG. I reiterated the request to Jarrad on the day and he agreed that the Winaico panels are salt resistant, so in our environment stainless fastenings is a sensible choice. I was very impressed with the Clenergy panel mounting system. Jarrad assisted in choosing the appropriate Fronius inverter location allowing for the future installation of batteries. Great to talk with a tradie who can see it from the customer's viewpoint. They cleaned up the site, took away the rubbish and even helped me move some furniture back. Little things like shaking my hand on arrival and exit and thanking us for coffee and cake just made the experience very pleasant and stress free.

Summer was our support person and managed the scheduling and arranging the I/E meter changeover with our retailer. She kept us informed from the time we signed up and called the day after install to check out our experience. She was delightful to deal with and very understanding with our worry wart questions. The retailer couldn't change the meter on the same day, so there wasn't room in the box for the Fronius smart meter when the system was installed. NRG anticipated this as Michael had inspected and photographed the meter box prior to quoting, so Summer is arranging for Jarrad to install the smart meter after the retailer fits the export meter. We opted for the Fronius smart meter as a means of future proofing the system as the Fronius inverter and smart meter offer options for specific monitoring and management. Thanks Michael!

This has been one of the best experiences we've had with a major contractor and we highly recommend NRG to anyone considering solar. We had a disastrous solar install at our previous property so were more than a little nervous about this project at our new home. Thank you Finn. We found your Solar Quotes website a terrific tool for empowering the consumer.
Waiting for SA Power Networks approval and a installation date from NRG. Show additional information
Ironic that you sent a feedback form today, as our system was connected this morning. Show additional information
My apologies for not responding earlier but I was away for 8 weeks shortly after installation.
3 Quotes;
1 visited site and provided quote (NRG); 1 provided quote after phone interview, 1attempted phone contact but did not respond to return calll.
NRG provided a standard offer pre-prepared before site visit. Standard build assumed, error in roof pitch (30 assumed 38 actual) leading to tight fit from computer placement for my initial request for split E & W installation.
My requirements were for a new system to replace an existing system now shaded, but retain maximum approved capacity 2.8 kw.
Alternatives of micro inverter and optimisers were discussed. What they did was explained but not how they could be used to advantage.
I read your comparison summary and realiised that if micro inverters were used, I could maximise my installation by having a mixed array of E, N & W facing panels with no risk of shading in the future.
It took a couple of alternative arrangements to arrive at a highest estimated annual generation design.
In summary, I took charge in exploring a better alternative than the standard sales pitch could provide.
My new system is working well, performing to the same level as my unshaded north only system originally achieved in August. I expect to achieve a slightly higher annual output.