NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews

About NRG Solar - National Renewable Group, Solar Installers

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group
Platinum Partner
NRG Solar - National Renewable Group is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 87 166 672 242  ABN active since 01 Nov 2014 | National Renewable Group Pty Ltd
ACN: 166 672 242  ACN active since 08 Nov 2013 | National Renewable Group Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: PGE 265454 National Renewable Group Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $6,100 - $10,000 depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Setting the Standard in Solar Solutions

When NRG Solar - National Renewable Group began, our initial mission was to provide expert solar maintenance and repairs for people who found it difficult to get qualified solar technicians to work on their systems or had purchased solar from companies that were no longer in business.

We quickly earned a national reputation for providing expert solar panel system service and support

In the process of fixing failed and underperforming systems, we saw firsthand the results of previous installers who had been poorly trained, unaware of safe work practices and, oftentimes, plain lazy. We also came across many, many failing inverters. As a consequence of doing hundreds of repair jobs every year, we quickly learned which products were the best performers and which installation techniques were safest and most reliable.

Today, NRG Solar Services is South Australia’s trusted provider of tailored solar solutions

We design, sell, install and maintain premium, affordable solar panel and energy storage systems for your home or business. And our commitment to outstanding customer service, high quality products and unrivalled solar expertise is uncompromising.

Our Mission:

To ensure that every solar panel system in South Australia is safe, reliable and providing the best return-on-investment for its owner.

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Solar Reviews

I fully Recommend NRG Solar

Excessively high power bills (peaking at over $2k for the winter quarter) tipped me over the edge in making the decision to go solar. Once the decision was made I knew I'd need to be cautious and arm myself with as much information as I could to ensure I chose the right supplier and system for my needs. The solar industry is full of sharks and I certainly didn't want to feed myself to any of them!

Anyone doing their research will quickly find their way to Solarquotes.com.au operated by ex-CSIRO renewable energy specialist Finn Peacock. This is a goldmine of information for the solar newbie. On top of that Finn runs a lead generation program for reputable solar providers that have been vetted to ensure they hold all the appropriate industry regulatory credentials and have a good track record in terms of customer satisfaction. I decided this was the best way to select a solar provider and ensure I didn't end up like Quint in the movie Jaws!

I submitted my details to the lead generation service and was provided with three solar providers to get quotes from. One of them was NRG Solar whom I had already reached out to for a quote. So I proceeded to get quotes from all three and got varying recommendations as to the most appropriate system topology for my situation.

This led me to do more independent research and I went back and questioned all three providers on their recommendations. There was quite a bit of back and forth, and the whole process certainly took some time. But you must remember this is a major purchase and you expect the system be reliable, efficient, and deliver a long service life, so you really must ensure you choose the absolute best system for your needs.

I ended up settling on NRG Solar as my supplier of choice. The main reason was that their sales representative, Michael Summers was totally professional and really knew what he was talking about. He was very responsive, and knew how to tread that fine line between keeping in touch and following me up, without becoming pushy. I also made the effort to visit NRG's business premises and see their operation with my own eyes. I wanted to satisfy myself that the business wasn't just a slick online presence. I wanted to see their physical infrastructure to make sure I was dealing with a legitimate business that's in it for the long haul.

So after three or four quotes from NRG as we refined and optimised the proposed system, I was happy to proceed and placed my order. I must commend Michael on his patience and diligence in dealing with me as a customer as it was a full12 months from our first contact to actually placing the order.

Once the order was placed, Michael handed me over to Amelia who manages their works in progress. Her communication with me was prompt and detailed. She was great at pre-empting the "what happens next?" questions. She also contacted my energy retailer and arranged the fitment of a smart meter by them for me.

On the day of installation Dan and his offsider arrived on time. We were putting up a large system, 34 panels, which I imagined would take more than 2 people to get the job done in a day. But Dan was confident and both guys worked efficiently and diligently. Dan even cut back some of an overhanging tree to minimise shading of the panels in the morning! The job was completed by 4pm and the workmanship was of very high quality. I was very pleased with the final result.

Its now 6 weeks since the installation and the performance of the system is exceeding expectations. Michael's Nearmaps estimates were for 45kw a day over the summer period and we are averaging 59kw produced on sunny days, and on some hitting 62kw. We've had a few fully overcast days, with these we're producing about 20-25kw a day.

The Enphase reporting app is really easy to use and provides a very good insight into our power consumption patterns, energy production, and power exported to the grid.

In summary, do your research, take your time, and choose a provider that listens to you. I fully recommend NRG Solar.

Highly recommend NRG

Very impressed with NRG from first contact. Steve came to our home and advised us on a system that best suited our needs and positioned the panels to maximise the sun throughout the day. System installed before Christmas as requested. Installers were great- made a couple of panel position changes once had been up on the roof after discussion with us. Clean and tidy installation. Excellent customer service after installation too - needed assistance turning on inverter once feed in meter connected- call answered promptly and problem solved. Very happy customer. Show additional information

You get what they promised

I've waited a couple of years before posting a review because I wanted to have some decent data to make judgement on. The pre sales info and recommendations by Darren were excellent. He explained the solar setup in simple terms. The quote was not the cheapest but the customer service was a big factor in our choice of NRG as our supplier and installer.
Two and a half years down the track since installation all of Darren's predictions have been surpassed. He recommended a 5.4 kW system and estimated that on good day it should generate up to 26kW and the system savings should pay for itself in between 5-6 years. Well it regularly generates more than 26kW per day and has achieved up to 34kW. Based on savings from the solar power generation in the first 2.5 years I calculate that the system payback will be 3.8 years, well ahead of the estimated 5-6 years.
Of course some of the savings will be attributed to the energy plan we are on. But even so the performance of the system has exceeded my exoectations and complements my energy plan.

Thoroughly professional, quoting, installing, after sales service A+++

Everything explained, followed up on all inquiries, arranged grid connection, install was explained in full, can’t fault their service and it is on going Show additional information

NRG installation. Fantastic outcome

NRG- No hard sell; just the facts. Explained the whole procedure so there were no surprises.
Installation went without any issues. The guys from Griffin Renewable Energy did a fantastic job. Would never have known they had been there afterwards. They took there time to show me the setup and how to operated the system.
The whole customer service experience was fantastic. Still waiting for my retailer to add the input/export meter, but had to do very little to organise. The information provided steps you through the process.
Would definitely recommend NRG and Griffin Renewable Energy.

How good is solar power!

Great team, very efficient, helpful and happy with the installation. Should have done it sooner! Show additional information
This company worked with us all the way. We kept having to defer the install date due to having a roof replaced. Never once were we made to feel bad about us constantly changing installation dates. We had only paid a very small deposit and yet they stuck to the quote despite many months of us having to muck them around. Installation team 11/10 Show additional information
After the initial choice of solar panels, NRG let me know they could not supply that particular model, but they substituted with another panel of the same brand, which is apparently superior - at no extra cost.
When the installers came, they discovered that the layout of the panels on my roof would not fit as designed [because I have an unusual ridged configuration]. However, they worked around this and have installed 10 panels as agreed.

The meter has only just been switched over so I am waiting to see how effective the system will be.

NRG Solar 3 phase 16.8kw.

A great service. The install took a couple of days, but they were on time each day, and both polite and friendly. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

Whole process from quote to installation was excellent. Great customer service. Show additional information

Great job NRG

The sales/quoting process was timely and professional, all my questions were answered in detail, gave me peace-of-mind notwithstanding they weren't the cheapest. Their ability to offer 10 year warranty parts & labour on the Fronius inverter won me over as well as your testimonial repeated hereunder following their installation at your house:

“NRG are a local SA company, who are very professional and offer excellent service and great products, and I am extremely happy with the very neat installation”.

The installation went smoothly.

The office staff couldn't do enough to assist, their customer service has been excellent.

Pleasure to deal with NRG

Great service from everyone from NRG.
Slight issue with installation but effective communication allowed for prompt resolution of the issue

Good Quality all the Way

NRG staff were patient with my many questions and answered them well. They were flexible with the installation date by adjusting with my energy retailer who needed to install a new smart meter. The installation team were friendly, punctual, tidy and efficient. At the end of the day, they explained the system and had it all connected up and running. Show additional information

excellent service, quality results

The experienced and knowledgeable consultant came out to the house to design an optimal system.
The installation went smoothly, neat work and the polite installation team cleaned up and left the place tidy.
NRG helped organise the grid connection which went ahead straight after installation.
Follow up support has been good and the system has been working well.

Easy process

Sales rep gave all the info i needed without trying to push me in buying. Installers were friendly and efficient. Dan gave good advise and clear instructions regards the system. Customer service left me almost nothing to do. Very easy process. Show additional information

Great advice

The thing about hat sold us on NRG was their salesman Michael Summers who explained the pros and cons of our various options patiently and clearly. He was available for follow up advice and really gave us a clear basis on which to make choices. The installation took a little longer than predicted (an extra half day) because of some technical issues with our roof but was completed smoothly and the grid connection was established immediately. Everyone we’ve spoken to at the company was efficient, polite and helpful. We’ve already started recommending them to friend. And the system is working brilliantly, already breaking even or better on a daily basis. Show additional information

Very happy so far with NRG

NRG was very professional with the initial quotes and then installation process. We have had 0 issues to report and when I've had queries, the NRG after sales support has been very responsive. I highly recommend them. Show additional information
Redback is the company we have just got our solar battery system through. It’s a SH5000 (5kW Inverter, 6.6kw of 265watt Jinko Panels, 4 Batteries total 9.6kWh). It’s an Australian company at the forefront of Technology and the product is incredible, check out their website. We are so impressed. The Company has an Adelaide Based Technical Support (George) for Redback should any assistance be required on your site. During the day the sun runs the household appliances and excess power is stored in the Batteries, after the batteries are full excess power is returned to the grid. During the evening our house runs off the batteries. The System will also assist in a “power outage” supplying power to essential items like Fridges and lighting that was preselected at installation.

The Online monitoring is fantastic and very responsive showing Exported power, Imported power, our systems Generation and the House’s Consumption. Also shows Batteries Charge and much more. The software driving the system works brilliantly.

The Redback System was Installed by NRG in Adelaide, we live at a Seaside Country town about 85kms from Adelaide. This was no problem for the Sales & quote process, then installation of the Jinco Solar Panels and Redback System.

Both Redback & NRG were friendly and helpful all the way through the process and we highly recommended anyone considering Solar to use this system.

Professional installation

Salesman was very polite and helpful. The installers were excellent, punctual and very polite considering the hold up from another organisation. We were very pleased with customer service as they liaised with other companies to ensure the smoothness of the process. Show additional information

Great installer

We found the sales/quoting process very informative, and accurate. He listened to us and found a product that did what we wanted even though we were new to solar. He answered our many questions promptly. The installation day was painless for us. The 3 guys worked hard and had a huge day. We live in Victor Harbor and so they had an early start and late finish. They were polite, friendly, professional, punctual and hard working. NRG were very helpful organising the grid connection, they also organised the government rebates for the solar system as well as the batteries for the Redback system. Redback were also fantastic. What a great Australian system with Adelaide based support. Show additional information

Fast and professional installation of a quality system. 6.4KW Sunpower panels and Fronius Primo 5KW inverter with monitoring.

The salesman was courteous and open to haggling on the price. Installation was a lot quicker than my original system - 2.2KW - back in 2008 which took several months from approval. NRG was a matter of weeks. Installation was done in one day including removal of the old system. Having had a previous system the grid install was pretty much automatic and the installers cleaned up after the job was done. Recommended. Show additional information

Great service, installer was fantastic. Would recommend NRG !!

1 - Sales/quoting process was quick and thorough.
2 - Installation went well, men were on time and explained what they were doing.
3 - Customer service was first class.

Happy as from start to finish

Sales quoting process was great all was explained to me, a site inspection was conducted after which I was happy to commit to 50% of the cost up front. Later I was not sure with the original panels quoted sunpower, spoke to Eddy at NRG and arranged a swap to more expensive panels with no extra costs. Installation went well but was delayed due to bad weather conditions and safety concerns, the installer Nigel and his team were great he ran a cable from the router to the Fronius inverter with no extra cost due to the poor WI-fi signal strength . Customer service was very good during and after the process with the system being connected to the grid within 14 days. Show additional information
While I was impressed with the sales process, and the installation process (which as far as I can tell at this stage is excellent), I have a distinct feeling that once you hand over the money and authorise the government rebates, nobody cares any more. After the installation was completed I had to wait two weeks to get the smart meter changed over by my current electricity supplier (ok, I can understand why thery're in no hurry). During that time I was on a zero export arrangement, which meant that at least I could use the power generated by the panels and charge the battery immediately. After the new meter was installed, the export to the grid was enabled, and I was up and running. However, I was receiving an error message related to the battery on the phone app. So I reported this to NRG, and some remote adjustment was made, and then the error message disappeared. But my phone screen was still frozen, so the app wasn't working and I could no longer monitor the system. I was able to trace this to the failure of the internet connection. However, I was not prepared to attempt reconnection myself for fear of damaging or compromising anything. So I requested NRG to sort it, and to run me through the process, emphasising that I would like this done before I departed for a three week absence interstate. So far, I have waited over a week, traded numerous emails with (obliging) staff, and heard excuses. I finally rang NRG to speak to the person responsible for allocating resources. He was otherwise engaged and I was told he would return my call shortly. I am still waiting, and I depart Adelaide tomorrow. So now I can't monitor the system performance until I get back, and then NRG still have to reconnect my internet. I find this lack of customer service a standout disappointment from an otherwise very good customer experience. While I am not particularly computer/tech savvy, and freely admit it, which is why I asked for help, I do know crap service when I see it. And I'm looking at it right now. I can only ask how many times do I have to request service, and does it always take more than a week before anyone does anything? I don't want apologies or excuses, I just want service. It might not be high on the NRG agenda any more, but it's important to me. The customer. You know, the guy who paid the money and released the government rebates. Show additional information

NRG Shine in Adelaide - 10/10

From start to finish NRG were a class company to deal with. Up front from the get go, not the cheapest in the game, but cheap is cheat for a reason. The guy that did our quote was informative, not pushy and was keen for us to have all the information we needed. The products they use are the best in the business. The install we had looks great and was all finished in 1 day. The guys that did the install did not rush the job they were focused on just doing a good one and they did! They turned up on time and left no mess behind with them. The panels perfectly lined up, the inverter was installed in great place with minimal wires showing (which is good for my OCD). Within a couple of weeks our input/output meter was installed and we were set to go (NRG perfectly explained this whole process for us). The performance of the system seems to be working as intended from the quote, due to our Fronius inverter logging the daily performance for us so we can monitor it. Now hoping to have no to minimum bills in the future. The customer service was amazing from NRG, all the staff over the phone seem really friendly and keen to please. Look no further for all your solar needs... Show additional information
None did site inspection before quoting. Consequences were changed panel layout due to constraints and insufficient resources to install in promised one day.

Solarquotes website very useful source of information.
Good service during install. However service after install has been a let down. I've had trouble with the online monitoring of my Fronius inverter and after 4 weeks, have only had 1 phone call to try and resolve the issue without any progress to fix the problem. Show additional information
Supplier and installer awesome.
AGL (my distributor) organizing getting my import/export meter installed totally crap.
When eventually installed, I`m taking my business elsewhere.
Yes, my system was installed 20th March 2019 and we have been told the meter wont be changed for another 2 weeks or more. This is not the fault of the installer.

The delay in getting my meter installed so I can actually use my solar is frustrating and obviously a rip off because someone is getting my power generated for free.

There needs to be a better process to this or at least warn people of this as this is an unknown part of the process.

When you ring any call centre and try to explain they don't understand , pathetic

Almost makes you wonder if this process (solar) is actually worth it in the end
Well they were the only ones that bothered to come out to my home, on time spent 2hrs plus explaining in detail all the in and outs of everything Show additional information
Expert didn't know what he was talking about. Talked us out of a bigger system & now doesn't cover our bill. Told us we could put panels where we couldn't. Have emailed re our solar input & got no reply. Wouldn't use them again Show additional information
My choice was NRG reason being sales representative visited me at home and explained the best system to suit me. One other was competitive but all contact was through sms and email. Cheers and thank you very much for your help, Gabriel. Show additional information
NRG Solar have been excellent right from the start. The Sales Rep was at our home for nearly 2 hours and explained everything about their products, service record and the way they would do the job. He even climbed into our roof cavity! The price was right for us and the thorough personal service sold us on NRG Solar. Since signing on the dotted line the communication from head office (in Adelaide) has been excellent. All the paperwork was done correctly and on time. The 3kw system was installed yesterday and the team who did the work was great! Very efficient operation; kept me informed the whole time, explained how everything worked and had the job done in 2.5 hrs. They even swept the garden path as part of the tidy up! Today I received a thank you email from NRG and a promise to check on us in 12 months to see how the system is working. That's confidence in your product and service! Highly recommended. Show additional information
Being installed this week. Show additional information
Includes battery Show additional information
Thanks for getting me onto NRG. They are a little more expensive but well worth the price in terms of quality and customer service! Totally happy with all aspects of the process. Show additional information
I felt secure knowing I was in good hands with NRG. They were very professional, kept me informed of what was happening and solved a minor issue very quickly. Show additional information
I had a personal appt with one company the other two were over the phone. NRG were good in that I was able to ask questions , did some negotiating with them and in the end they agreed to what I wanted. The system is a 4.8 kW.
So there was lots of back and forth communicating.
Your site was really helpful making a choice and the large amount of information was very useful as well. Show additional information