NRG Solar - National Renewable Group

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews

NRG Solar - Leading Solar in SA
We believe that generating your own clean energy doesn’t have to be costly or confusing.
The reality is the solar industry can be confusing, which is why we pride ourselves on providing balanced, expert information. Your job is to sit back and relax knowing that our qualified technicians design and install customised solar panel and energy storage systems to exacting Australian Standards.

We use only high quality components and the latest, most efficient technologies that guarantee you maximum return on your investment.

NRG Solar Pledge

- Simple, turn-key quoting process
- Quality components and latest technology
- Affordable systems with optimum pay-back period
- Financing options available
- Tailored solutions based on the customer’s specific needs
- Expert advice that’s free and easy to understand
- Guaranteed parts and workmanship to Australian Standards
- Trusted to be in business for decades to come

Our History
When NRG Solar began, our initial mission was to provide expert solar maintenance and repairs for people who found it difficult to get qualified solar technicians to work on their systems or had purchased solar from companies that were no longer in business.
We quickly earned a national reputation for providing expert solar panel system service and support. In the process of fixing failed and underperforming systems, we saw first-hand the results of previous installers who had been poorly trained, unaware of safe work practices and, oftentimes, plain lazy. We also came across many, many failing inverters.
As a consequence of doing hundreds of repair jobs every year, we quickly learned which products were the best performers and which installation techniques were safest and most reliable.

NRG Solar Today
NRG Solar is South Australia’s trusted provider of tailored solar solutions for home and business. We design, sell, install and maintain premium, affordable solar panel and energy storage systems for your home or business. And our commitment to outstanding customer service, high quality products and unrivalled solar expertise is uncompromising.

We have a state of the art Interactive Showroom on South Road, Richmond where our HQ is powered by our panels on our roof. Drop in so we can show you around.

Our Mission:
To ensure that every solar panel system in South Australia is safe, reliable and providing the best return-on-investment for its owner.

Reviewers report paying: $4,700 - $7,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews (259)

4.3/5

Happy with my service

I ended up choosing the company that came to visit my site and had direct contact with me about solar needs. It was a good price and I felt supported with the patient after quote questions I had.

Original Review on 27-08-2020:

Professional service and excellent quality.

Sales person came to our home and was knowledgable and helpful. All office staff have been friendly and efficient. Tradesmen were tidy and punctual. Original ratings

Hi Karen & Ray,

Great to hear our staff were knowledgeable and the tradesmen were neat and on time, we will pass on the good review to the staff!

Sunny regards,
NRG Solar!

8 months later we asked Karen and Ray: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Very happy with system.

Good system, good installers, good experience

Steve did the quote, he was the only person to come onsite to check what was needed. Installation went smoothly, and the system performs better than the quote estimated.

Great Installation

Very pleased with the all personal involved with initial quotation, installation and follow up. Installation team arrived on time, worked efficiently and ensured the property was left clean and tidy on completion.

Job well done

The entire process was almost impossible to fault. The system we chose was in the middle of the 5 systems quoted, not the cheapest nor the most expensive. The installation was done in a day and they found a problem when they were reviewing it but came back to fix it within a couple of days.

Great installation

The team from NRG gave excellent service, right through from the initial consultation to installation. Never at any point were we left wondering about any aspect of the deal. I was particularly impressed with the installers who were friendly and really efficient.

However, I am still waiting for Sarah from NRG to call us back for our 'debrief'. That is the only hole in the process at the moment. Everything else was excellent.

Great Experience

I got seven quotes from different installers, five of which were in-house consultations. All systems quoted were the same size and brands.

NRG Sales was exceptional, and was a big part of getting me over the line.

NRG Install Coordinator was also very good, and the level of support I received confirmed that I had made the right decision to go with NRG.

The install went as planned, and the NRG contractor was very knowledgeable and accommodating of my questions. The drone photos of the roof panels was the cherry on top of a very good solar experience!

Overall Great Experience

Our experience with NRG was great throughout the whole process.

Over a period of around a year we obtained approximately 10 quotes for solar systems from different companies. Whilst the degree of service varied from average to excellent, NRG was the only company who actually came to our house rather than soley relying on images from nearmap. Michael took his time to understand the site, including shading impacts and the change in elevation that is not obvious from satellite imagery, as well as listening to what we were hoping to achieve and the size of system we wanted.
The system we ended up purchasing was more expensive than any other system we were quoted, however we were able to confidently make this investment due to the fact that we knew Michael understood the site (and even reduced the panel efficiency to 60% on the quoted system to account for shading issues), meaning we felt that we were less likely to get caught out further down the line.

Amelia handled the production side of things, and liaised regularly with us to find a suitable installation date as we waited for our roof to be refurbed before the system was installed during a wet spring.

When installation day arrived, Dan and Joe were well presented, very professional, and liaised regularly during the day with any updates or questions - even with the pressure of a snap-lockdown being announced to commence the next day!

Customer service was great for the whole journey, with all systems and connections arranged promptly, and support available whenever required. Highly recommend NRG!

Thank you team NRG!

Super pleased & impressed with our new NRG PV system. Got to say the whole process was awesome from the POS to post-delivery follow-up. Michael provided relevant information in a very personable fashion, with regular and important updates/advice by Sarah leading up to installation…this was certainly welcomed and appreciated. Finally, the install crew, Dan & Cody…..professional, efficient & most importantly super tidy! Eddy has got a great team and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending NRG.

A seemless transition to cheaper living

Dealing with Michael, Sarah and his team of installers, Daniel & Stephan, was completely effortless. They were very transparent in everything from start to finish, on time, presentable and true to their word. The product itself is awesome. Has worked brilliantly to lower our power bill from day one.

Under advisement, we had a 7.92kw system installed and are very happy. Should've done it years ago. I would highly recommend NRG Solar.

Original Review on 10-06-2020:

Very Professional.

It started by the receptionist contacting me to arrange an appointment for the evaluation, site inspection and the discussion on what I wanted to what the company could do. The quote came back, concise and straight forward. Installation day was organised and efficient, with all rubbish removed, with the crew well managed, professional with good presentation. The system is easy to access with prior arrangements conducted by the company, with answers to any immediate question that I rose! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kym: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Initially no, but not because of NRG, the were brilliant! But the energy market sucks! Limited to 5kw input really puts the collar on the system! Just with the solar system I was still getting power bills! Ducted A/c for heating and cooling as this is predominately cheaper! So I bit the bullet and put in a battery, accepted the energy plan on offer and happy as can be! In effect I’m off grid but supplying excess to the grid! The solar sytem I had installed was a 6.6kw, but there was another system that was installed in shaded area. At the time I wanted it replaced but when the authority came through, I’m actually licensed for 8.8kw. So I left it in place! Now the neighbour has removed one of the trees and wamo! 7.4 kw regular! So in the end, happy! Took the Tesla battery because of A, The Rebate and B, the energy plan on offer from energy locals! When I was asked who my new retailer was, the old knew they couldn’t compete, and the phone call didn’t last long at all! So all in all, very happy, though pricy! But I’m looking at the long game!

Good Service

Installers were great. Everything has gone well from start to finish. Only issue is with Fronius monitoring. It is not showing production, import and export as it should. Notified NRG on Friday and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Fantastic customer service all round

The sales person explained everything in lay mans terms. The customer service from the main office was fantastic and kept us informed every step of the way. The installation team was absolutely outstanding.... nothing was too hard for them they were very professional.

Fantastic installer

I have my 6.6 Kw Solar system installation done by NRG. My decisions of the panels was probably the most difficult part of the system. I have opted for 20 x Winaico WST-M6 series. The inverter is a Sungrow .
The installation was done in a day with the team arriving on time and giving all the informations needed after the completion of the project.
The experience was great and I would recommend NRG to anyone who would like to have a good system installation with the technical support for all the questions you may have.

Outstanding service and support

I can't speak more highly of the service that NRG provided for us. Michael visited our house when we first started looking for solar. He ran through multiple system options and easily found the best solution to suit our circumstances. He remembered us when we next contacted him to revisit the solar option almost 2 years later. He checked in with us during the install and again a week after the system was installed.

Sarah managed the paperwork, emails and documentation, clearly explaining every step of the process, nothing was too much trouble. Their online videos are an excellent resource that will give you peace of mind with those questions that pop up at odd times.

Jordan & Stefan installed the system. They made sure we were informed & involved in every step of the installation. They were polite, respectful and worked around our needs, they even cleaned up after themselves.
We're extremely happy with the service and product and highly recommend NRG for your solar solutions.

Smooth and Efficient Process

All people we dealt with were competent and helpful. We were impressed with the overall coordination.

Very happy that we chose NRG.

We spent quite some time talking with a number of potential solar suppliers and installers trying to find a company who would do a good job but who would also not approach our job with a cookie-cutter “one size fits all” approach.
We chose NRG as we were really impressed with Michael’s considered approach and his patience in making sure we understood all our options and the pros and cons of each choice. He spent time with us and we felt that we received tailored expert advice with reasons for each suggestion and without pressure.
The installation was complex and reasonably large. Jarrad and Alex, the installers, were efficient, smiling, and extremely competent. As planned it took a number of days to complete. We had also requested that they move our fuse board which created some unexpected challenges for them but they addressed these and everything was done neatly, on time, and very much to our satisfaction.
Amelia who managed our install from the office was also very friendly, helpful and supportive.
Overall we are very happy and would have no hesitation in recommending NRG to our friends.

Great Solar Solution

The sales person was very accommodating and took his time to review the shading on the house and come up with a solution. I refined my end solution which was no problem.
The installation was very seamless. The crew were courteous and the placement of the sub-board in the laundry was of a high standard.
There was a minor confusion with receiving the approval from Power Networks which was rectified quickly. NRG sent all paperwork through to my provider and I was cc’d into correspondence.
I have been fully connected for 4 days now and everything is running smoothly.

NRG Solar Installation

We have recently had a 15kW system with Winaico panels and Fronius inverter installed and we are very happy with the service and quality we received from NRG Solar.
The first consultation with Michael Summers was very professional and knowledgeable, giving detailed explanations.
Installation was great; Dan and Joe were punctual and efficient and ensured a seamless installation of the panels.
Thank you to Amelia for overseeing the admin. You were very helpful and professional.
We would recommend NRG Solar to family and friends.

Battery installation

Very happy with the installation, neat and tidy and clean. Good crew of guys who were on time and very polite. I have recommended NRG to my circle of friends.

A job well done!!!

The sales quoting process was painless.
The installation was excellent, the crew were tidy and efficient and turned up on time.
Customer service was excellent

NRG exceeds expectations

I chose NRG as I was focussed on Quality & Performance over a cheap deal

When Michael came to quote, he was interested in designing a system that met my criteria instead of pushing an ‘off-the-shelf’ system, and was happy to re-quote several times as I kept changing my requirements

Sarah and the girls in the Office were very efficient with contact made every step of the process and, when I had some technical questions, they were able to explain in a manner that was easy to understand

The Installation Team (Nigel and the Lads) were prompt and very professional. Nigel took the time to explain the installation to me and ensured everything was functioning well on handover.

Overall a stress-free experience and I would recommend NRG to anyone looking to ‘Go Solar’

Easy, Swift no fuss

The whole process from talking to Michael , sales person, made solar the solar process very easy from quoting to installation. The addition of a Tesla battery how it would work and what I should expect moving on.
NRG as a company was very easy to work with and I have recommended them to several other people looking for solar and/or home battery's.

Very knowledgeable and helpful

Michael & the team at NRG solar were extremely helpful in advising us of the best system. Very happy with the installation by Chris & Toby and service provided by Amelia in the office. Looking forward to many happy years of clean energy production. Highly recommend this company for all of your solar needs!

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

NRG Solar Great Servie

Great Service from Start to end
Every thing explained well, all questions answered
Well designed system for our situation
Great installation team polite, tidy, and did a great job

Customer driven company

If Quality is important to you NRG is my recommendation for planning, product, and service.

Excellent company for solar

From our initial appointment to discuss our options to the ongoing customer service and installation everything went well.
All up and running now so we look forward to saving lots on our energy bills.

Solar Panel Installation

Good comms from office team.

Installers arrived on time on due date. Friendly and efficient team. Answered all queries and concerns. Completed works on time and left site clean and tidy. Instruction on use of system post installation and during commissioning very comprehensive.

My new solar panels and power wall from NRG

I'm very happy with the outcome. The quoting process was easy to follow because of Michael's good communication.
The installation of the panels and power wall smoothly fitted in around other major events with the house.
It was a neat and tidy presentation. All power to Toby for that.
The phone and email support from Nick and Amelia was always prompt and satisfactory.
Everything was on time, organised and efficient.
These are good people to deal with.
Highly recommended.

NRG Solar System

My solar system was installed in August 2020. They explained everything about the solar system that I was interested in having installed. I was really impressed with their honesty and from beginning to the end everything went smoothly. The previous two quotes I got made me have doubts but when I spoke to NRG Solar I knew I was I could trust their company.

Look no further than NRG Solar

Just a really well organised local Adelaide solar business providing great factual advice backed up with solid service and workmanship. From initial inquiry with Hayley to completion everything went smooth as. My Tesla Powerwall install was carried out by Dan & Jo who were punctual, neat and tidy. Sam & Amelia from their office rang me to arrange the booking and the whole install was completed in half a day. 99% self sufficiency on the first day. Love it!

Excellent product knowledge and service

Wonderfully knowledgeable staff from Sales, and admin through to the awesome installers from JP Solar. My Tesla Battery looks awesome and is doing its ‘thing’, the app is so helpful and I find myself looking at my home energy usage a few times a day. It’s helped me figure out when to use my appliances and also alerted me to some potential problems with my ducted heating. Thanks NRG Solar - awesome company to deal with and will recommend to friends.

NRG Solar

Excellent service and advice. Michael planned the Enphase system and according to Dan the installer got it exactly right! Michael was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Dan, Joe Josh and Aaron installed the system. Very professional and safety conscious. Amelia on the production side made sure everything went to plan and the grid connection went smoothly. And the best thing is we are now producing more than we use! Couldn't fault them.

Really happy with NRG

Have just had a Solar system installed by NRG. Really great to deal with and so professional. Michael there customer educator man ( That’s what found him to be, he’s not a sign here salesman) talks to at a level that you can understand. Quote arrived in no time and the same easy to read with all the information on products to used. The installers did a great job and even the dog liked them. NRG may not be the cheapest but you know what they say, you only get what you pay for. So if you want a no hassle very high quality solar system, with a company that I believe will be around for a long time if you need them, can’t go past NRG.

Original Review on 17-12-2019:

NRG installation. Fantastic outcome

NRG - No hard sell; just the facts. Explained the whole procedure so there were no surprises.
Installation went without any issues. The guys from Griffin Renewable Energy did a fantastic job. Would never have known they had been there afterwards. They took there time to show me the setup and how to operated the system.
The whole customer service experience was fantastic. Still waiting for my retailer to add the input/export meter, but had to do very little to organise. The information provided steps you through the process.
Would definitely recommend NRG and Griffin Renewable Energy.

8 months later we asked Waynne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The savings we have made have been quite substantial. We have been surprised at how much we have saved.

Outstanding service with both Outstanding selection choices , new build consultation , installation flexibility due to builder delays and smoothly expedited installation

NRG have provided outstanding service with both selection choices , new build consultation, installation flexibility due to builder delays and smoothly expedited installation. They also have provided wonderful service after the install with software setup and monitoring. Have used other company before and I highly recommend Michael Summers at NRG to everyone I know. I have had the 13kw 3phase Fronius system in place now for 18 months now and it is terrific.

I have rung them on several occasions asking questions on batteries and other system designs essentially kicking the tyres and educating myself. They even assisted me in setup of another system that they did not install due to the other company's lack of return call.

Welldone Michael Summers at NRG.

Communication Problems

Sales quotes was professional and the only one to arrange to come for an initial meeting and consultation. Spent a long time with us answering our questions. We decided to go with this company after a long toss up between a better solar panel or more overall performance function, so it wasn't the cheapest of the three quotes. Installers were polite and tidy. Installation was rescheduled because of rain but they did arrive bright and early the following Monday.

The installation disappointing as the agreed layout was not adhered to and it wasn't until installation was complete that we went out to see the panels to find out that they were not installed as agreed. The manager apologised for the lack of communication and for not providing a contract variation agreement and he did offer free cleaning of the panels. We received a reminder to pay the last of our bill which we felt we should not have done as part of the installation was if you are not happy with your installation you could withhold a portion of payment. We did however pay the remaining money out of courtesy.

Customer service initially was really good but once we had a problem with installation and connection of our inverter to the grid, I found emails were not being answered in a timely manner, if at all, until we persisted with receiving a response. We had to follow up on grid connection, over many weeks, this I feel should have been followed up by NRG to make sure that everything was ready to go as soon as the installation was completed.

Hi Deb,
We are sorry to hear that you weren’t absolutely satisfied with your experience. At NRG Solar we want everyone to experience a smooth and positive solar journey. We would like to acknowledge that we are disappointed that we let you down and appreciate the feedback as we are able to review your solar journey and make amendments to our processes as needed.
Regarding the installation, we understand you liaised with our install manager Scott who recognised that there was a communication breakdown on our end. As Scott mentioned we are sincerely apologetic for this and I understand we have offered a complimentary panel clean and electrical call out to help with an unrelated matter which we were happy to help with.
Unfortunately, meter change overs can be very frustrating! NRG is not able to contact your retailer on your behalf as the retailer will only discuss this work with you and their meter coordinator, who carries out the meter work(s). We know that this can be a challenging part of the solar journey as all retailers have different processes to manage their workflows and customer orders. We are committed to improving this process with retailers, SAPN and other installers like us to help smooth out this process for customers.
We value your feedback and wanted to thank you for taking the time to pass this on.
NRG Solar

A solar company to trust!

The knowledge of Michael from NRG was outstanding and gave us comfort and piece of mind that we were getting a system that suited our needs the best.

Our installers, Dan and Jo were fantastic - they were there exactly when they said they would be and worked through various rain issues to get the job done. They left the site so today - in fact they even removed some debris from our gutters help us out as our roof is so high!

The office staff were fantastic throughout, especially Ellen who we worked more closely with. They could answer all our questions promptly and professionally before, during and after the installation and coordinated a seamless grid connection. Thank you to the whole team at NRG - I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

A very satisfied customer of NRG SOLAR.

We recently had solar panels installed in our home by NRG Solar. Our experience with the people involved in the process were exceptionally helpful and competent in the service provided. Our initial contact with Ellen was seemless. She explained the process clearly and made it easy to understand and set up. The analysis of our site was carried out Michael and he too was excellent in his explanation and carrying out of the assessment of the house. The arranging of a suitable time and date by both Michael and Ellen went very smoothly. The actual installation was carried out by Daniel and Joe. They arrived on time and the installation was quick and efficient
Dan explained the mechanics and next stage clearly and the system was ready to go, once our power provider updated the meter. The request for this to happen was done by NRG SOLAR and now the meter has been done, we now have a great solar system.
Many thanks to all involved at NRG SOLAR and we would have no hesitation in recommending this company to prospective buyers.
Regards,
Angie and Mark.

High Quality Great Product

NRG sales took the time to ask questions and gather information to provide multiple options that were customised to our situation. The pros and cons of each option were explained well so we could make an informed decisions. The process that followed was expalined and we were kept in the loop all the time with plenty of guidance and assistance.
Installation was quick and all rubbish was removed from site. Installers where happy to explain what was happening and allowing me to have a look at hardware, just because I was curious and wanted to see/feel the product.

Great Local Company

Recently had our system put in by NRG Solar and couldn't be happier. The whole process was professional and thoughtful and Michael was a terrific organiser of our needs and Daniel and Jarred did a fantastic, efficient job installing the unit. We are very pleased with the whole process which can be quite daunting but these people took us through it all with ease - happy to recommend to anyone considering taking the plunge!

Original Review on 19-09-2019:

Great advice

The thing about hat sold us on NRG was their salesman Michael Summers who explained the pros and cons of our various options patiently and clearly. He was available for follow up advice and really gave us a clear basis on which to make choices. The installation took a little longer than predicted (an extra half day) because of some technical issues with our roof but was completed smoothly and the grid connection was established immediately. Everyone we’ve spoken to at the company was efficient, polite and helpful. We’ve already started recommending them to friend. And the system is working brilliantly, already breaking even or better on a daily basis. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Allan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely in terms of the panels and inverter. Above expectations I would say. The battery works OK but, as I said above, we are totally baffled by how the VPN is working and feel as if we're being treated as fools by Tesla, who have never directly answered our queries. NRG has been fabulous, with exceptional after sales care and advice.

Original Review on 03-10-2019:

Excellent service, quality results

The experienced and knowledgeable consultant came out to the house to design an optimal system.
The installation went smoothly, neat work and the polite installation team cleaned up and left the place tidy.
NRG helped organise the grid connection which went ahead straight after installation.
Follow up support has been good and the system has been working well.

8 months later we asked Craig: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed well overall so far.

Original Review on 19-11-2019:

NRG Solar 3 phase

A great service. The install took a couple of days, but they were on time each day, and both polite and friendly. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Guy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We continue to get large credits that I am cashing out. I have not had to pay a bill since the system was installed and am very happy.

Nice work NRG!

From the original meeting with Michael to discuss our needs through the entire process culminating in Stefan and the guys installing our system, during nasty weather, we couldn't be happier with NRG, and the service they have provided.

Great Service

NRG were great from 1st contact with Michael for quote, his explanations were clear and I was able to understand well, quote supplied in great detail and very quickly, also communicated post install. Ellen kept me well informed all the way to installation (and answered my silly questions). All the rebate claims and grid connections was done by NRG. The installers Daniel and Stefan arrived on time, were hard workers and left the area clean. Thank you NRG and all your staff. Penelope Bailes

A Pleasure to Deal With

Michael quoted & was involved with the entire process,Ellen handled the admin & Nigel completed the installation. Very happy with everything.

Exceeded expectations

Michael gave very easy to understand info we knew what we were doing and why.

Installation was scheduled to take 2 days but was done in one day. This was due to COVID19 where they put more workers on to get it done quicker. Installers were great while maintaining social distancing, everything was left tidy at the end, and all was up & running at the end of the day. A change was made to the set up and this was explained and was to my benefit.

Very pleased with the result

Original Review on 24-08-2019:

Fast and professional installation of a quality system. 6.4KW Sunpower panels and Fronius Primo 5KW inverter with monitoring.

The salesman was courteous and open to haggling on the price. Installation was a lot quicker than my original system - 2.2KW - back in 2008 which took several months from approval. NRG was a matter of weeks. Installation was done in one day including removal of the old system. Having had a previous system the grid install was pretty much automatic and the installers cleaned up after the job was done. Recommended. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Loosing the $0.60 feed in tariff was the hardest to swallow but since the old system died it made sense to go to the maximum size permissible and look at a battery later, which we are doing shortly. Also, learning to use what you generate when the sun is shining is proving to be not as easy as it sounds but with two of us home during the day now it is getting easier. ie run the dishwasher, washing machine and other such appliances between 10.00am and 2.00 pm for best savings. I also found I can heat the lounge to 22 degrees C with a 5KW wall split inverter RAC for next to no cost with a modest amount of sunlight during the day & ONCE up to temperature keep it there well in to the night on the lowest setting of the RAC. Bottom line - happy with the installation so far and when the battery is installed should be even better.