• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Reviews

About NRG Solar - National Renewable Group, Solar Installers

Setting the Standard in Solar Solutions
When NRG Solar - National Renewable Group began, our initial mission was to provide expert solar maintenance and repairs for people who found it difficult to get qualified solar technicians to work on their systems or had purchased solar from companies that were no longer in business.
We quickly earned a national reputation for providing expert solar panel system service and support
In the process of fixing failed and underperforming systems, we saw firsthand the results of previous installers who had been poorly trained, unaware of safe work practices and, oftentimes, plain lazy. We also came across many, many failing inverters. As a consequence of doing hundreds of repair jobs every year, we quickly learned which products were the best performers and which installation techniques were safest and most reliable.
Today, NRG Solar Services is South Australia’s trusted provider of tailored solar solutions
We design, sell, install and maintain premium, affordable solar panel and energy storage systems for your home or business. And our commitment to outstanding customer service, high quality products and unrivalled solar expertise is uncompromising.
Our Mission:
To ensure that every solar panel system in South Australia is safe, reliable and providing the best return-on-investment for its owner.

NRG Solar - National Renewable Group Solar Reviews

Still awaiting installation
Prompt response to initial inquiry- 1 other company contacted me after >2weeks, 3rd company failed to contact me.
Delay in installation caused by SA Power Networks, otherwise a good experience so far. Show additional information
Excellent service from NRG Solar & very prompt installation; we chose premium brand components & NRG had them in stock so there were no supply delays. The same cannot be said of Energy Australia; it is almost a month since the installation was completed & we are still waiting for them to do the meter modifications so we can actually use the system & start getting a return from it. Also, Energy Australia say the meter will be replaced as it is their policy, even though the existing meter is only 6 years old & can be reprogrammed for input/output operation. Show additional information
Tim was very thorough in explaining the system we purchased and gave a competitive price overall unfortunately we are waiting for SA Power Netwoks to come out so NRG can install system. Show additional information
Unfortunately the installation took longer than expected - over several days rather than one day. The solar panels were left at my place over those days. This made me totally responsible for them and I was made to sign a note to that effect. I would have preferred that they took the panels back with them.
However, once the work got going, the men were proficient at what they were doing and did a good job.
Customer service was good at the start, but changes in SA to who does the changes to our power meter meant that it took weeks for us to be able to use the system NRG installed.

Now we're stuck in a loop between NRG, Diamond Energy and SA Power Networks trying to get someone to take responsibility for upgrading our power meter so we can legally use our solar system. It's still not been resolved, but after Diamond Energy sent out a contractor to do some of the metering job we've started using it anyway on that contractor's advice.

NRG originally gave us incorrect information about the process for metering changes, then when we followed up ourselves as nothing was progressing, said it was Diamond Energy or SA Power Networks' responsibility. They subsequently took some responsibility and have apparently contacted the regulator to resolve who is responsible on our behalf (we were told this on the phone, haven't received it in writing - still waiting for definitive answers).
I was initially going with another but they didn't inspire me a lot of confidence as they "could do anything", agreed on details verbally only, didn't require an upfront payment or a signature for anything, and when told them I chose another provider tried to guilt me in saying we had a "contractual obligation" from the moment I replied his e-mail saying I was happy with his quote. He almost got offensive when I told him I had the right to a cooling off period and nothing was formalised anyway.

NRG on the other hand was great, highly recommended.
Thankyou for helping with solar quotes! Show additional information
I found the people I dealt with extremely professional at all times from youself to the NRG receptionist to there back room techs ,sales rep ,and especially the installers very good all up Show additional information
I cant tell how good the quality is yet, so far - excellent Show additional information
The sales person won the contract for NRG. He was not an electrical expert, but he made sure I'll get all the specific electrical info I needed to know. He also help substantially to plan the correct system for us and prevented us from a snag around council regulations regarding solar panel installations. The original appointment was planned for one hour but he was two hours at our place to clear up the last question regarding the system and the organisation of the installation.
Again we only can thank him very much for this initial visit and the follow up work he did for us. He is an asset to NRG.
All installation, quality of the system and all organisation around the whole process from the office was well done and on time. The test run of the system was a success and it delivers the design values. We just need the new meter installed to get up to full speed.
Also thanks to 'Solar Quotes' for helping us along and not getting trapped in a 'Solar Disaster'
My apologies for not responding earlier but I was away for 8 weeks shortly after installation.
3 Quotes;
1 visited site and provided quote (NRG); 1 provided quote after phone interview, 1attempted phone contact but did not respond to return calll.
NRG provided a standard offer pre-prepared before site visit. Standard build assumed, error in roof pitch (30 assumed 38 actual) leading to tight fit from computer placement for my initial request for split E & W installation.
My requirements were for a new system to replace an existing system now shaded, but retain maximum approved capacity 2.8 kw.
Alternatives of micro inverter and optimisers were discussed. What they did was explained but not how they could be used to advantage.
I read your comparison summary and realiised that if micro inverters were used, I could maximise my installation by having a mixed array of E, N & W facing panels with no risk of shading in the future.
It took a couple of alternative arrangements to arrive at a highest estimated annual generation design.
In summary, I took charge in exploring a better alternative than the standard sales pitch could provide.
My new system is working well, performing to the same level as my unshaded north only system originally achieved in August. I expect to achieve a slightly higher annual output.
Disappointed with those that would only do the quote via email or via the phone, they were quite happy to match systems etc when I went back with better info. Some to me seemed purely salesmen and did not engender confidence. Show additional information
NRG was very very good. They provided comprehensive information, delivered on commitments, the installers were polite, helpful and got the job done without fuss. I have passed contact details for SolarQuotes and NRG to three friends to date. Show additional information
Ironic that you sent a feedback form today, as our system was connected this morning. Show additional information
I was not aware that the price of the package could change once quoted and agreed upon due to the price fluctuation on the rebates, that was my only bugbare. Show additional information
The only problems we had were with SA Power networks taking several weeks to change our meter so we missed some sunny weather! And our WiFi cannot get through our solid brick walls to allow us to monitor the Fronius inverter.
All NRG people were really good. The rep who came round to speak to us helped us to understand solar systems much better than we did.
And they are really local to us.
Thanks for your assistance and advice about what should be in quotes. NRG were the only company that covered all the items you suggested for that.
Best regards
Gavin
Very straightforward salesman, no pressure. Had all the right answers (I did a lot of research and NRG was the 6th quote I got) explaining why they sell the brands they do and no attempt to upsell me. Excellent service from all their staff, and a spot on installation. Show additional information
I found the Solar information from Solar Quotes most educational and used it as my knowledge base.
The NRG team were very professional and led me through the process clearly and with no fuss, keeping me informed of all the stages and requirements of the installation process. I did not have to worry about a thing.
The system works very well. There was very little inconvenience in having the system installed. They were very prompt in answering my questions, and with arranging the instillation and for SA power to finish the connection. Show additional information
The Solarquotes site was fantastic as I learn so much from the information supplied, the customer service provided by the 3 companies quoting was excellent, I could not fault your service, in fact I am about to seek quotes from you for our sons home interstate. Show additional information
I liked what Solar Quotes did to get me three options which I could study over a period of time and then decide what I wanted.

All suppliers were dependable and reliable I must say. In varying quality of customer service and expertise.

What finally made the cut for me was someone (NRG) who was willing to go into details of what I was buying with a lot of data to back up what he was saying.
No problems with NRG. Very good service!

The only disappointment is that over 2 months after installation we are still waiting for SA Power Networks to change over our electricity meter, so still no free electricity - yet.
ONLY BEEN IN FOR A SHORT TIME HAPPY SO FAR Show additional information
Comprehensive face to face sales meeting (2 hours) explaining many facets of solar other providers did not. Although a quick quote is a good thing, which other providers were able to do, NRG answered any and all questions we had and went beyond. Them also being the Fronius authorised repairer for South Australia sealed the deal.
NRG allowed us to modify their standard installation to overload the 6kW inverter we chose to go with to have more than 6kW of panels connected to it. This allowed us to take better advantage of the solar rebate, and achieve a higher net power generation and a longer curve of power generation during the day due to north and west facing panels. Even with the additional panels, the system only barely approaches the 6kW mark at peak energy output hours.

Great system, highly recommend NRG.
I had a faulty inverter replaced.
I contacted 3 recommended companies, and the NRG stood head and shoulders above the others.
From the initial contact, right through to the very last part of the installation,
I have nothing but praise for everyone involved.
They were happy to answer and to clearly explain my many questions,
they arrived when they said they would, all the prices were transparent, and all personnel polite, and there was this personal touch which seems to be in such short supply in many businesses at present.
To date, the inverter does its work, so I am hopeful this will continue.

Overall, I am very happy to recommend the NRG to anyone.
Hi , NRG were the first to come and meet me and do a quote and because they were so professional and the products they use are of a high quality i chose to go ahead with them straight away. Also the price was on the money too. They did not try to get me to go for a bigger system as others have... so that showed me they weren't trying to rip me off too.
The install went flawlessly , the installers were friendly, helpful and on time.
All staff involved were absolutely great from start to finish.
I would highly recommend these guys.
Regards Shane.
Three solar suppliers contacted me very soon after I made the request for quotes. Switched On Electrical and Solar Wholesalers discussed my requirements over the phone, while NRG actually came to my home to explain solar and ascertain the best system for me. The consultant Darren was patient in answering all my questions and came with lots of supporting information.

Solar Wholesalers made subsequent queries to me to ensure the best result for me. I rejected SOE on price, and SW and NRG could not be separated on price nor customer service. The customer reviews for both SW and NRG were also complimentary which gave me confidence in proceeding with either. The points of difference were that SW were proposing a 6.2kW system compared to 5.4 by NRG. However, SW are based in Mt Barker whereas NRG are located in Richmond. In the end I literally flipped a coin and NRG won the job.

I have rated Installation as Not Applicable because installation will not occur till July 2017.