Penrith Solar Centre

Penrith Solar Centre Reviews

Why you’ll have an Electric experience with Penrith Solar Centre

We play the long game every time

Everyone knows someone who wants to play for sheep stations over a game of Monopoly for 6 hours straight... that’s our leader Jake Warner.

Jake’s no stranger to the long game. Much like his monopoly strategy, Penrith Solar Centre is here for the long haul.

We value longevity. Which is why we only sell the products with the best warranties that are tested and built to last our tough Australian conditions.

We want you to be proud of your investment in solar and reap the energy bill savings in the process.

Keeping it simple... and sexy

·  We only use the industry’s leading brands; Enphase, Sunpower, Tesla & Clenergy.

·  Black is the new Black. Which is why we use all black Sunpower panels, laced with Clenergy Hollywood black racking.

·  And the most powerful yet simple monitoring app you’ll ever experience.

We invest in our team

Our products are only half the story. Our team is by far our greatest asset.

·  Our state-of-the-art solar showroom, the ultimate customer experience.

·  Our purpose built solar training facility is where we train and prepare our teams of installers from apprentice all the way up to licensed CEC accredited electricians.

·  No subcontractors. No paid by the panel installer, just our own PSC solar athletes.

A user interface that just works

Without analytics you may as well be in the dark.

·  The power of our great monitoring app, is that it exposes your energy habits.

·  This knowledge becomes your secret weapon against your energy bills for the next 25+ years.

·  The consumption monitoring by Enphase, allows you to see when your consuming your own free energy, and when you’re buying it from the grid, and track this over time.

Where do we start? It’s as simple as a 3 course meal

·  Its starts with discovery and design.

·  Site inspection

·  Would you like an interest free payment plan with that?

We cannot wait to get you on your solar journey!

Reviewers report paying: $7,920 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Penrith Solar Centre Reviews (428)

Super Quick Installation

Came to house took the time to explain things to solar novices
Did not make a nuisance of themselves with continuous unwanted contact
Installation took one day turned up at prearranged time no rubbish left behind
Paid deposit Thursday installed following Monday

Cannot answer any more questions as system only installed today
Everything appears Ok

World class leaders in Solar technology. Simply the best

The benchmark in Solar technology especially installation and aftersales customer care. They only stock the very best products to begin with. They are all knowledgeable and send professional no obligation quotes. They told me the entire process and they did exactly what they said. No hidden costs, no misleading information. The installers are in house who are part of the team at Penrith Solar Centre. They arrived on time, were busy and got the job done 100 percent perfectly. They were hygienic and cleaned all the mess after completing the job. Not once did I hear them curse or look frustrated. They were so polite and helpful. I can't say enough positive things about PSC . But I have to say how good the entire team was to me, from Lara, to Hana to the guys on YouTube (watch their videos and see for yourself ). The team that came out with my gorgeous pure black panels are Steve , Blake, Jacob, Riley and Will. Professional, hard-working young guys whom I recommend. They are all qualified all knowing ! never complaining. Truly the tradies that you wish you had for any job. Penrith Solar Centre and the team are the leading professionals. I chose them after weeks of analytical research about every company and every detail concerning Solar. I used the Finn Peacock website and he is the man. I like to do the job once, do it right kinda guy. So impressed with my 10.36 KW Micro Inverter Enphase system. Totally love it. Energy bills come at me if you can. Thank you PSC. Thank you Finn.

Amazing system does everything that is supposed too

The installation went extremely well, recovered the old system that was barely working and now have a new system producing up to 24kw and charging 8 kw battery system to 100% so with great advice and the great team at Penrith Solar I have a system that serves it purpose

Fantastic installer. Beautiful craftsmanship

Quoting and gaining more information about the process was very easy. No pushy sales people. Installation was prompt, and of high quality. Zero dramas. I definitely be returning if we up grade our system in the future.

Quality systems, experienced and accommodating installers.

Quality system, experienced and accommodating installers. Very happy overall.
They spent the time to have us understand our system before installation and we’re happy for us to make modifications after initial install.

Original Review on 02-09-2021:

The Penrith Solar team were first rate in every regard. We couldn't be happier.

Right from the quoting stage, I had a fantastic feeling about Penrith Solar, they weren't the cheapest, but the sales guy Shane gave me a lot of confidence and assistance with our needs.
I got the system I wished to have, which by the way came from the Solar Quotes blog.
The installation team were exceptional. Very organised and professional young guys.

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is definitely performing to our expectations. If only the system could control all this wet weather we are getting.

Solar system.

Easy quote and install, administration a little slow, still waiting for energy supplier to fit smart meter. The enphase app seems easy to use.

Best decision and fantastic communication and service

Quick and easy to understand all the information
Installer was neat tidy and definitely punctual.
Customer service was excellent services, doesnt ditch other Solar companies which was a put off with one of the other companies I got a quote from.
Yes they organised the grid connection after the installation.

Excellent Service - Sunpower Maxeon + Enphase 7A instal

Excellent service from Penrith Solar Centre from initial discussion and quotation process to the final install and post-install process.

Thanks to Nick from Sales for being extremely helpful with explaining the Solar System and various options available. We were after the Sunpower System with Enphase 7A, which PSC did not initially have but NIck was was very professional even when I was not going for the PSC systems. However, it was meant for us to do business, as he reached out to me a couple of weeks later stating that they have now been approved for the Sunpower Maxeon system with Enphase 7A.

Install process and financing was seamless and easy to manage with PSC. Aaron and Team were here on the designated date. This was after we had to reschedule numerous times due to our new build completion delays. Not for once did the team create a fuss for all the rescheduled appointments. The whole process was done between 7am - 3pm with a follow-up call explaining steps forward.

Extremely professional team and super impressed. I would recommend PSC anytime for people interested in quality service along with a good price.

Professional and friendly service and installation

Great quote with all the details I needed. No question was too much! I think the system design was great for our place and works well with our shading constraints.
Super professional team of installers on the day. I was really happy that the team accommodated our requests for locating the hardware needed into our existing fuse box. The whole thing was a great looking install.
All done in about 5 hours and generating power that afternoon!
Enphase has great software too and we were monitoring our energy within a few days.

Fantastic job from start to finish. Would highly recommend.

Would highly recommend Penrith Solar. Great operator, and know their stuff. From start to finish we felt looked after.

Great Experience

Penrith Solar made the whole experience a breeze. Kept me well informed. Delivered on time.
When I had to reschedule due to a delay in having the roof painted, was not an issue

14kw enphase

Great sales team and a good price the install was fast ,very clean and the panels look fantastic .The enphase app is incredible I can see my production and use.The panel’s really pump out power .Thanks PSC..

Great installer, great installation

The entire process from start to finish was a breeze with Penrith Solar Centre. Price was competitive to similar quality systems, and the team was happy to field my (often inane) questions. Communication was great, and system was up and running straight away. Could not be happier.

Erskine Park

Penrith Solar were informative and helpful getting the system I wanted. At no time pushy or annoying. The price was in line with what I expected and once agreed upon did the work in a professional and timely manner.

Exceptional product and service

I came into the solar power market with zero knowledge of the technology, the benefits and the cost. Penrith Solar Centre spent a lot of time explaining it all to me in an open and neutral way without any pushy sales talk. Installation was just incredible - fast, efficient and non-intrusive. Very professional.

Still awaiting grid connection but it has been organised by PSC.

Overall, extremely happy with the system and the ability to monitor energy generation and consumption.

Prompt installation. Great service.

Comprehensive proposal given, and high quality product at competitive pricing.
Once we decided to go ahead, the installation and scheduling was prompt.

PCS - A pleasure to do business with.

Prompt, insightful sales person who made sure all questions were asked and answered (other providers were not so diligent). PCS kept us well informed approaching the install date. Installation team were very professional, curtious and prompt. System was chosen for quality over price, but compared to other quotes for what I would deem inferior product PCS were very competitive. Overall a very good experience.

Great customer service

Of the three quotes I received, Penrith Solar Centre was the only one to call and discuss my needs before quoting. The others offered string inverter systems despite many of my panels needing to go on the south facing roof due to space constraints. PSC explained the benefits of a microinverter system to me within the context of my installation, showing an attentiveness to my situation rather than giving me a generic quote. Their quote also showed a layout image while the others did not; it seemed like the others didn't even look at my roof when I discussed further. Of the three quotes I received, PSC easily provieded the best customer service. They responded first as well.

The installation went well. Staff were polite. Installation was completed neatly and in a reasonable time. Wiring was run in neatly, and the location of they were able to move the inverter control panel from its original planned position on my request (so it didn't interfere with future works). Overall very happy with the installation.

PSC organised the grid connection. The only thing I needed to do was confirm to my retailer that I'm happy with their meter reconfiguration fee - PSC handled the rest.

Simply the Best

From 3 companies that I have asked for a quote, Penrith Solar Centre(PSC) is the fastest to reply, and the other 2 about one week later. Before I got the quote from PSC, one very friendly CS call me and asking what I really need, and the most important is he explained really details about the technology and products.

After I got all 3 quotes, PSC has the best price in term of price and product quality !! They also helps me change the power meters since mine was old model.

All three staffs who were doing the Installation are very polite and friendly. They also have done the Job professionally, fast and tidy.

Very Happy and Satisfy.

Fantastic install - great product

Finally took the plunge of installing solar, and was so much easier than i thought. Quoting process was super quick - managed to chat to the various reps. Went along with Penrith - great all rounders but what sold it to me was watching the Penrith Solar team working through the neighbourhood - always neat and with sense of professional efficiency about them. Trucks well branded and looked after - tells me alot about the company and the pride they have.
Installation was a morning session - guys tidied up and disappeared....just left me with an efficient system!
After the install, the team back in the office handled the grid connection - no fuss, and job done. Why can't life always be like that!
To finish off I would highly recommend Penrith Solar Centre over and over again....its a no brainer when they are local to you.

Solar Sales and Installation::

I decided to go with Penrith Solar,one of your quotes: Penrith Solar were the most efficient, easy to deal with company, explaining everying in easy to understand language (no jargon), no pressure and absolutely delightful Sales Personnel. The Installers, Enphase, were also, on time, friendly, tidy, efficient and professional. I am very hapy with my solar purchase. I have an Enphase app which is straight forward too use and shows everything I need to know, thank you Finn.

Great System- Great Installer

We didn’t decide to go with Penrith Solar on price alone. We were impressed with the positive reviews & have found they were accurate. Nick from sales was very helpful & quickly answered all questions that arose over the weeks we were considering the Enphase system.
Brendan & his team arrived on the day & hour promised. They were all very cheerful & considerate guys, doing a very professional install in about 6hrs.
The system is performing as expected - coping well with cloudy days.
Highly recommend the Penrith Solr Centre & the Enphase system!

Great sales, installation and after sales experience

The sales contact was professional and experienced and easy to speak with. The installation crew was efficient , experienced and started on time. The after sales and office staff were also extremely obliging . Thankyou to all involved.

Impressive end to end

Great proposal process, fully digital
Great christmas deal and also installed my Tesla charger at the same time
Same day install even with some rain

Original Review on 22-05-2021:

Kens system

Totally professional. The guys arrived on time and explained the process to me.

The site was left clean. I would not hesitate to recommend Penrith Solar to anyone looking for quality above price.

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes very happy but just wish we could have installed larger system ( 4.6kw)
Small roof space.

Great Install & System Design

Very easy sales, quotation and install process with great product knowledge and system design with quality products.

Although the system came at a premium to other systems quoted, the components quoted came highly regarded.

The installation team were prompt, neat & tidy, polite and did a great job with the installation.

Love the Enphase enlighten app for visibility into what the system can produce and have become a tad obsessed with it whilst we tune our electricity usage to match our generation capabilities.

So far we are very happy. Had no issues with Penrith Solar Centre and would happily recommend them to others.

Original Review on 18-05-2021:

Great install - highly recommend

Great upfront service with a generous site visit to scope out the system and recommended the best set-up for our property. The installation team were outstanding. Polite, informative, tidy and turned up exactly when they said they would. The layout was tweaked on the fly but posed no issue with the install. It’s too early to say how good the quality of the system really is, but the products offered seem to be highly regarded and as such we paid a premium compared some other systems quoted. So far we are happy.

Currently waiting for the meter upgrade but PSC have helped push this along for us.

Love the Enphase enlighten app too, giving us good visibility of what the system can produce and we are a tad obsessed with it atm.

Had no issues with Penrith Solar Centre and would recommend them to others.

8 months later we asked George: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

While the system is working reliably well so far, the system’s production is far lower than what was modelled in our quotation from Penrith Solar. On average it is producing around 60% of what they had modelled. We put that down underestimating the impact of shading and general performance potential of each panel. We understand that the system is dynamic and controlled partly by weather conditions but this is a bit of a disappointment. I would have preferred if they underpromised and over delivered rather than the other way around. This has impacted our payback assumptions on the system. They need to improve on this.
Since installation we have not had any contact from Penrith Solar to see if we are satisfied with the system. Not sure if that is normal with all Solar installers.

Overall I’d say we are moderately satisfied with our decision, but still glad we switched to solar based system, as we are now using power more strategically and thoughtfully.

Original Review on 17-05-2021:

Happy Camper

Very happy with the sales person and the installers. Prompt and reliable and leaving nothing for me to do. Original ratings

8 months later we asked William: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has worked without an issue since installation 9 months ago. Reverse cycle air conditioning and all other appliances (but not hot water, which is gas) have been running without cost to us since August. Based on the credit we have built up I expect our annual electricity bill will be around $100.

Very Happy Customer

- Sales/quoting process was informative and not pressured. Not the cheapest but I wanted an inhouse installation crew and a company that stands behind their product.
- Installation crew was exceptional - very professional and courteous, very efficient and cleaned everything up after they were finished.
- Install appears top notch.
- I had one issue with a MicroInverter after the install - it was replaced promptly and without fuss.

No issues recommending Penrith Solar.

Recommended

Sales / Quotation process was easy with friend and experience team member.
The installer crew were polite and punctual, and everything was smooth and tidy.

Im in love with solar!

The quotation process was simplistic and i was impressed with the formal PDF quote sent back to me. There were no surprises in there that weren't already spoken about with the sales representative. The HUGE item that drew me to choose this company in the end was the fact that they do all their servicing and installations in house and they do NOT outsource to other contractors.
The installation was as advertised, the team turned up on time and were very courteous and informative throughout.
Overall the customer service was excellent and i would highly recommend Penrith Solar to anyone who is thinking of going down this path.

Satisfied customer

Couldn’t be happier with the whole process ,from the knowledge of the sales team (lead by billy Elmer our consultant) right through to the guys installing the system in and out in 6hrs with no mess to clean up and then the follow up contact to see if everything was ok thanks PSC it’s been a pleasurable experience recommend PSC to anyone

Very impressed

Initial contact from Nick from Penrith Solar was quick. He was extremely informative and patient with me and my questions. A detailed quote followed within the day and further research confirmed his information.

Aaron and scheduling/accounts department were just as efficient and we’re able to fit us in prior to Christmas.

A big plus was the fact Penrith Solar use their own people to install to control the quality of installation. I could not fault the team (Purple Truck) that turned up. They were punctual, informative, polite and very considerate and cleaned up extremely well.

Would certainly recommend Penrith Solar and the Enphase micro inverter system.

Very professional service

Penrith Solar were professional from start to finish. Shane was informative and took the time to answer my questions.
Installation was very smooth. Very neat installation of the hardware, no mess left at the end of the day.

Would definitely recommend Penrith Solar.

The Guys were friendly and efficient. Install started 0800 finished 1145

Received three quotes. It took a while to digest the information overload. It was difficult to compare like for like but Penrith Solar was the easiest to digest. They were neither the most expensive or the cheapest

Great Customer Service

First of the three suppliers to respond to my rfq. Thourough discussion of all the options. Neither the cheapest or most expensive quote. Installers arrived earlier than scheduled and completed install and were gone in about 7 hours. Explained everthing clearly including the need to vary the panel layout slightly from the initial design. Clearly a customer focused company. I have no hesitation in recommending Penrith Solar to others.

Highly recommended - all round sale service and interest free loan option

Great all round service from initial enquiry through to installation

Original Review on 11-03-2021:

Great System

We received quote quickly and a technician came on site to check the set up. Staff were friendly and efficient and honest. Installation was on time and all the work was done in a safe manner. The installation team lead by Rob were on time, quick, tidy and the work was done efficiently and to a high standard. The team also removed all materials and replaced the broken tiles. The site was left clean and tidy and all wrapping from off cuts etc were cleaned up. Fantastic job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has cut my bills dramatically and even on foggy days the Qcells produce some energy. It would be worth installing a battery now prices are coming down. Our main costs now are hot water & gas heating. These will be the next things to change. Last bill $98 for 3 months with 16c kwh feedin.

Original Review on 06-03-2021:

Penrith Solar are the Best - 15kW Enphase with Tesla Powerwall 2

Great Company to deal with from start to finish. Purchased a high end 15kw enphase inverter system with Hanwa Qcells and Telsa Powerwall 2. Chose Penrith Solar over four other offers based on the solution offered, quality and warranty of panels, price (of comparable offer), and importantly, in house installation and support team from a local company with top customer reviews. Penrith Solar's install team did not disappoint. Brendan and his team were prompt, professional, and friendly, and tidy. This huge install was completed inside of two days, and since neing switched on, we have hardly had to buy power from the grid at all. I highly recommend Penrith Solar.

Sales Process
They were prompt in responding to my query, and prompt in providing a highly professional quote which was exactly what we asked for. Aaron, our Sales Rep was friendly, easy to talk to, knowledgeable and professional. The two day installation was booked in for 6 weeks time and confirmed on 10% deposit

On time, professional, tidy and polite. As well as the on site team of four, two other experts dropped by on day 2 during the Powerwall installation. System was switched on around 2pm on day 2. Powerwall backup was tested during commissioning.

Impressive. The service from Penrith Solar exceeded our expectations and justified their ranking as one of the top rated installers on Solar Quotes. The Tesla and Enphase App Logins were received promptly, and paperwork for connection submitted to our energy retailer the next day.

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, Winter bill reduced from $1800 to $400. On track for the other three quarter bills to be well in credit.

Harrington Grove nsw

11 out of 10 from start to finish, Shane did all the quotes and behind the scenes work up to installation day, and was a absolute pleasure to deal with, and installation day went just as good, very professional outfit and the installer's where very polite and did a very neat and tidy job, and im very fussy and I cannot see a single thing I could pick on and punctual to the minute.

Thanks Penrith Solar I would recommend yous any day

Excellent

Flawless from the very beginning to the end, and after that. We did expect a lot, and they delivered even more. Thank you to all of the staff from Penrith Solar Centre.

Great installer. Installation went smoothly

The sales and quoting was great. The consultant was very I formative. The installation we smoothly and on schedule. Can not fault the customer service throughout the whole service

Very professional installation

I recently went through a quotation process for several installation options. Penrith Solar provided the best option in terms of price and technical specifications for my site.
The signup process was extremely simple. Communications were excellent every step of the way, including when rescheduling was needed due to lockdown announcements.
The quality of workmanship is excellent. Overall, very happy with the result.

Couldn’t be happier!

Penrith solar Centre made the process of moving to solar incredibly simple. From start to finish, they guided us through the process in language we could understand.

I couldn’t be happier with the system they recommended! Not only does it cover our current energy needs, it has the flexibility to be expanded later as those needs grow, and the microinverters on each panel mean that it is always running at its maximum efficiency.

We will certainly work with PSC again in the future.

Great service, Great team, Great installation.

Penrith Solar Centre were exceptional from start to finish.
Around 5 Aussie blokes came on the day which are part of Penrith Solar Centres in house installation team which did an amazing job on the install. Thanks boys.

I spoke with Dylan on the phone and he was great to deal with and made me feel confident every step of the way. Thanks mate.

Our system includes 9.75KW of Qcells Qmaxx G3 panels (x25) with Enphase micro inverters.
The panels, framing and clips are all black which is a great look if your panels will be visible.

Both the panels and micro inverters have a 15 year product warranty, with the panels getting an extra 10 years on performance.

The install was neat and tidy, nothing was damaged, and no concrete tiles were broken during the installation.

The performance of the solar system is great and I love how I can monitor all the electricity consumption and production within the enphase app.
Whether I'm using power from the Grid or solar generated, it still shows up and is updated every 15 minutes, in 15 minutes increments.

PSC organised and lodged all the paperwork for my meter upgrade at no additional cost and all went according to plan.

Thanks guys, will be recommended to all.

Excellent Customer Service and a Quality Job Well Done

I just had my new 9Kw Solar System installed at my home in Pitt Town.

The sales team were excellent and they politely answered all of my questions professionally and in simple-to- understand English. There were no quirky gimmicks, and they explained to me how the system works and how the inverters deliver optimum power into my my home. Once installed, I could actually see the system generating power on my new "enlighten" app.

I also learnt why other systems were "cheaper" was because of what was "not" being included in the competitors offerings. I could not have been happier with my new Solar system supplied by Penrith Solar.
The installation team were well presented, courteous of my neighborhood and my home; they were clean and tidy.
Most importantly of all, they got the job done in minimum time and fuss, and left no mess at all.

I could not recommend this company high enough!
Install a system from Penrith Solar today and start saving$$$

Excellent experience start to finish

From start to finish from providing information, and arranging finance, to installation everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly as well as efficient. And I couldn’t be happier.

Amazing from start to finish

From start to finish, my experience with Penrith Solar has been awesome. They were super patient with me, made sure my millions of questions were answered. The installation is super professional and looks so good even my neighbours have made comments about it! After sales has been awesome too. Recommend Penrith Solar without hesitation!

Informative, responsive, friendly and relaxed but very professional

Happy with Penrith Solar Centre (PSC) install of our solar system. Initial phone call was very informative and staff were happy to be flexible providing quotes for different setups. PSC were the only company (three other quotes requested) that visited and provided great advice on the size of the system taking into account roof area, orientation, shading, tv antenna placement. Also advice on size of system to take advantage of feed in tarrifs. Installation was on time, guys were open to questions, put the cable inside the wall rather than running down outside, finished on time, no mess. All paperwork with AGL taken care of plus they sent out a book on the system component specs and other info.
System is 25 panels, 9.75KW, Hanwha Q Cells 300W, Enphase IQ Microinverters with warranty upgrade to 25 years. Cost excl Govt rebate $13k, early July 2021.