Penrith Solar Centre

Penrith Solar Centre Reviews

At Penrith Solar Centre, we are passionate about renewable energy. And
that’s our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who you are,
where you are from, and how you think. To create sustainable energy that
serves everyone, we believe in including everyone.

We are here to educate local lives, to deliver world class products at
affordable prices, to help Aussies produce, store and consume their own
energy, to provide a better future for humanity, and to improve the quality
of life on Earth.

We question what’s possible and strategise to not only achieve it, but
exceed it. We remain unfazed by the trials we constantly face by not
conforming to the comfortable.

We endorse the respective talents of our team, each contributing to the
structure of our formidable assembly, trembling those who confront us.
While others oversee those below them, we acknowledge them and raise
them higher than anyone could perceive.

We accept the responsibility and challenges encountered from being on
the front line. To experience the highs we must encounter the lows. We
differentiate by not recognising them as lows, but instead as opportunities.
We are grateful for these opportunities because without them we will only
ever be good, never the greatest.

From our earliest days, Penrith Solar Centre has always believed that the
greatest change begins with an idea, powered by passion. Education is a
great equaliser, which is why we are committed to empowering people at
all levels. We partner with local businesses and schools to reach even more
people so that we can share our knowledge and inspire change.

This is reflected in our mission to give 15,000 Australian homes the power to
produce, store, and consume their own energy, by 2025.

Reviewers report paying: $6,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Penrith Solar Centre Reviews (391)

Very professional installation

I recently went through a quotation process for several installation options. Penrith Solar provided the best option in terms of price and technical specifications for my site.
The signup process was extremely simple. Communications were excellent every step of the way, including when rescheduling was needed due to lockdown announcements.
The quality of workmanship is excellent. Overall, very happy with the result.

Couldn’t be happier!

Penrith solar Centre made the process of moving to solar incredibly simple. From start to finish, they guided us through the process in language we could understand.

I couldn’t be happier with the system they recommended! Not only does it cover our current energy needs, it has the flexibility to be expanded later as those needs grow, and the microinverters on each panel mean that it is always running at its maximum efficiency.

We will certainly work with PSC again in the future.

Great service, Great team, Great installation.

Penrith Solar Centre were exceptional from start to finish.
Around 5 Aussie blokes came on the day which are part of Penrith Solar Centres in house installation team which did an amazing job on the install. Thanks boys.

I spoke with Dylan on the phone and he was great to deal with and made me feel confident every step of the way. Thanks mate.

Our system includes 9.75KW of Qcells Qmaxx G3 panels (x25) with Enphase micro inverters.
The panels, framing and clips are all black which is a great look if your panels will be visible.

Both the panels and micro inverters have a 15 year product warranty, with the panels getting an extra 10 years on performance.

The install was neat and tidy, nothing was damaged, and no concrete tiles were broken during the installation.

The performance of the solar system is great and I love how I can monitor all the electricity consumption and production within the enphase app.
Whether I'm using power from the Grid or solar generated, it still shows up and is updated every 15 minutes, in 15 minutes increments.

PSC organised and lodged all the paperwork for my meter upgrade at no additional cost and all went according to plan.

Thanks guys, will be recommended to all.

Excellent Customer Service and a Quality Job Well Done

I just had my new 9Kw Solar System installed at my home in Pitt Town.

The sales team were excellent and they politely answered all of my questions professionally and in simple-to- understand English. There were no quirky gimmicks, and they explained to me how the system works and how the inverters deliver optimum power into my my home. Once installed, I could actually see the system generating power on my new "enlighten" app.

I also learnt why other systems were "cheaper" was because of what was "not" being included in the competitors offerings. I could not have been happier with my new Solar system supplied by Penrith Solar.
The installation team were well presented, courteous of my neighborhood and my home; they were clean and tidy.
Most importantly of all, they got the job done in minimum time and fuss, and left no mess at all.

I could not recommend this company high enough!
Install a system from Penrith Solar today and start saving$$$

Excellent experience start to finish

From start to finish from providing information, and arranging finance, to installation everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly as well as efficient. And I couldn’t be happier.

The Penrith Solar team were first rate in every regard. We couldn't be happier.

Right from the quoting stage, I had a fantastic feeling about Penrith Solar, they weren't the cheapest, but the sales guy Shane gave me a lot of confidence and assistance with our needs.
I got the system I wished to have, which by the way came from the Solar Quotes blog.
The installation team were exceptional. Very organised and professional young guys.

Amazing from start to finish

From start to finish, my experience with Penrith Solar has been awesome. They were super patient with me, made sure my millions of questions were answered. The installation is super professional and looks so good even my neighbours have made comments about it! After sales has been awesome too. Recommend Penrith Solar without hesitation!

Informative, responsive, friendly and relaxed but very professional

Happy with Penrith Solar Centre (PSC) install of our solar system. Initial phone call was very informative and staff were happy to be flexible providing quotes for different setups. PSC were the only company (three other quotes requested) that visited and provided great advice on the size of the system taking into account roof area, orientation, shading, tv antenna placement. Also advice on size of system to take advantage of feed in tarrifs. Installation was on time, guys were open to questions, put the cable inside the wall rather than running down outside, finished on time, no mess. All paperwork with AGL taken care of plus they sent out a book on the system component specs and other info.
System is 25 panels, 9.75KW, Hanwha Q Cells 300W, Enphase IQ Microinverters with warranty upgrade to 25 years. Cost excl Govt rebate $13k, early July 2021.

Perfect Installer

From start to finish the experience with Penrith Solar was perfect. Their recommendations were bang on and right for my needs.
They kept constant contact throughout the purchase and install process.
The installers were amazing, turned up on time, did their work, and left my place the way they found it.
So far my system has been producing very impressive results, above the estimated production numbers originally quoted to me.
If you are on the fence about which installer to choose and which equipment, let me tell you to go with Penrith Solar Centre. They are the real deal and I can't speak highly enough about my experience.

Hassle Free Installation

Quotes Process _ good
Installation - good
Grid Connection - Organise

Professionalism all the way

Very pleased with the whole Penrith Solar Centre experience. Had a good long chat about what I thought I needed in a solar solution, what I was expecting to pay and ended up with a great solution that I thought was very suitable.
The installation was very straight forward and very professionally executed given the Covid times we are experiencing.
I would highly recommend PSC to anyone who is looking for a solution that has quality components at an affordable price.

Original Review on 29-12-2020:

Great Service and Installation

it took few emails back and forth to get bigger solar system as Penrith Solar suggested me to get 6.6KWh
But eventually I got 11.5KWh system.
Initially installation was scheduled on late Jan 2021 however since Penrith Solar had cancellation, they gave me the time slot for the PV installation

7 months later we asked Yohannes: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 1 year, my solar still works as expected and running great. My electricity bill also came down a lot and instead i earned money from power sold to grid

Personalised service

My small roof area and quirky shape meant I needed to go for a smaller system but Penrith Solar helped me get the best system within the constraints.

Original Review on 09-11-2020:

Happy with System, customer service ok

Installation was initially not scheduled for another month, however staff contacted me and advised they had an early opening which I took.
Very happy with installers, they arrived early and installed the system with no issues - there was also great attention to detail with the installation (the inverter/wiring layout actually looks impressive). They ran over how/where they were going to install the inverter and how they would do the wiring before they did it to ensure I was happy with the location etc
I mainly chose Penrith Solar for this reason - I liked the fact that they used their own trusted installers, not subcontractors - and the fact that they mentioned they'd never had a roof leak yet.

Only minor issue was after installation, I had an issue where the inverter kept dropping out (turns out it was grid overvoltage which I now know is extremely common) - Contacted the helpdesk and was promised a call back which never came. I did contact my initial point of contact over this and he did call me back so it wasn't a terrible experience in any case, and overall I am very happy

8 months later we asked William: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System been great, power output down more than i expected in winter, but nothing can be done about that with surrounding bushland! Just the sun was so much lower than i ever realised

Excellent Installation

We recently installed a 9.75kw 25 panel system with microinverters. The sales rep from Penrith Solar Centre, Nick, attended our home to inspect the location of the panels before finalising the layout and the quote. The installation team, lead by Brenton, was very professional and completed the install by early afternoon on the selected install day, with our panels producing by 2pm. PSC submitted the paperwork to our electricity provider and now we are connected to the grid with a new smart meter installed.

Excellent customer service and installation

The quote was provided after a discussion with the rep at our home not just a quote over the phone via Google maps. Rep was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Installation was excellent, the guys were polite, tidy and punctual.
Customer service was very good they advised our supplier and arranged for the new meter.

Professional service from the start

Cannot recommend Penrith Solar more highly. From the design of the system to meet our specific needs to the installation process. All questions answered clearly and promptly. In house installation crew arrived as booked and worked to ensure a neat and professional job. Tidy, polite and helpful are few descriptors that come to mind. They made sure we were familiar with the systems operation before leaving late on the second day of installation.

They needed to bring back stickers for our meters as they had run out of sticker packs when they were her. Again they gave us a time they would return and they arrived on time as discussed. I would only wish that Origin Energy could turn up as booked to upgrade our meter box for the solar system.

Amazing Installers and Good Communication

Quoting process was quite efficient, I got the offer the same day of their visit to my house.

I asked pros and cons of the alternative systems. We even looked at different roof options, angles and efficiency of the panels in different arrangements.

They booked the installation in a week, arrived on time and finished installation of 22 panels and micro inverters in about 8 hours. They arranged a hassle free finance option, which was a difference maker for us. They organised my grid connection on the promised timeline as well.
Highly recommended.

We love the enphase app which shows our consumption and generation in 15-min increments, which helped a lot in re-arranging how we use energy.

Penrith Solar Centre - Highly Recommend

This is the third PV (solar) system which has been installed on my roof. Of the three companies, Penrith Solar Centre have been the stand out company. On the day of installation, the PSC electricians & tradesmen arrived early (7.30 am) and removed two older systems from my roof and then fixed the new PV System, a 10.92 kWh system (in April 2021). The PV system consisted of 28 Hanwah Q Cell panels (17 on the north-facing roof & 11 on the west-facing roof). Each panel has its own Enphase micro inverter. The operation went smoothly and was completed by 5 pm.
The new system runs very well and, depending on the cloud cover, has produced between 18 kWh to 50 kWh daily during mid-to-late Spring. The Enlighten (Enphase) app on my mobile phone monitors the solar production from each panel. This monitoring of solar power production is a wonderful feature with the only downside being it depends on the WiFi connexion to relay data. However, the most impressive aspect of PSC is their salesperson, Hana. The clarity ai which she answered my questions, the time spent (two visits to my property) and the prompt replies to multiple emails & SMSs was first class.

Fantastic Service from quotation to completion

Right from my first contact I was impressed by the customer focus and professionalism of the team at Penrith Solar Centre. In the leadup to my on-site assessment they provided a package of very useful information about different types of solar and what I might expect. Shane came prepared with an arial view of our roof and some thoughts on how best to configure the panels for optimal generation throughout the year. The quotation was in writing and very professional, with a clear outline of costs and projected benefits. To my surprise Penrith Solar Centre was able to provide a system with micro inverters for less than a quote for a similar quality system with a string inverter.

In the leadup to installation I was contacted to ensure everything was ready. I needed to adjust the install date to enable my energy provider to consolidate my old meter to a new smart meter. This change was no problem for the team and enabled me to feel valued and not under undue pressure.

Installation went so well. The team arrived at the time they said, Aaron took me through the plan for the day, the team were very disciplines and worked safely on my roof. Before I knew if they were finished, tidied up and walked me through the next steps including noting they would advise my energy provider of the new solar connection.

Overall great customer service and value for money.

Very happy with the solar systems

The whole process from getting the quote through the installation was smooth. The company provides follow up and reminder before the installation. After the installation they helped organize the grid connection in timely manner and we received the handover booklet on the solar system. Overall the process was professional. At this stage we are very happy with the service. Hopefully the solar system will last long time.

Kens system

Totally professional. The guys arrived on time and explained the process to me.

The site was left clean. I would not hesitate to recommend Penrith Solar to anyone looking for quality above price.

Great install - highly recommend

Great upfront service with a generous site visit to scope out the system and recommended the best set-up for our property. The installation team were outstanding. Polite, informative, tidy and turned up exactly when they said they would. The layout was tweaked on the fly but posed no issue with the install. It’s too early to say how good the quality of the system really is, but the products offered seem to be highly regarded and as such we paid a premium compared some other systems quoted. So far we are happy.
Currently waiting for the meter upgrade but PSC have helped push this along for us.
Love the Enphase enlighten app too, giving us good visibility of what the system can produce and we are a tad obsessed with it atm.
Had no issues with Penrith Solar Centre and would recommend them to others.

Faultless

Penrith Solar I found were from the beginning till the final install proven to be reliable competitive and helpful with any queries and a great crew that were also polite and tidy
Happy to review and recommend them

We’re joining the 21st century

The quoting process was easy and understandable. The salesman was friendly and helpful

After a delay due to rain, the installers turned up as agreed a week later and worked without a break to ensure our 12Kw system was installed in one day. The team were polite and cheerful and they worked well together. Installation looked very neat and they cleaned up afterwards even to the extend of blowing the roof clear of any leaves

The system was working the moment they left, although we have to wait a few days for the new metering system to be installed. Likewise the Enphase monitoring software which will give us a visual indication of how much power we are generating and feeding back.

Happy Camper

Very happy with the sales person and the installers. Prompt and reliable and leaving nothing for me to do.

Great Service but Please Finish the Job Before Moving On

The entire experience with Penrith Solar was excellent except for scheduling completion of the job. Two seperate representatives advised us that the install would take one day. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the job ran into a second day. We had kept the following day free - just in case it could not be completed in the day. We were very disappointed when they advised us that they would move to a new job BEFORE completing ours - with limited choices of return dates. Ultimately we were unable to be home when they finished the install meaning there could be no handover of the system. The work stream schedulers had the choice to finish our install or start another and return to us at a later date. They chose the latter despite our requests to finish the job they had already started as we could not be home for the completion and hand over. Disappointing in an otherwise seamless process.

Original Review on 10-07-2020:

Fully professional provider

Penrith Solar have been professional, friendly and completed a first installation. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Thus far the system performs very well.

WE would like to add that this company has offered and completed to a very high standard
some follow-up issues, in a friendly and utterly professional manner.

We recommend them highly to other potential customers.

Kept me well informed and worked around the pandemic and flooding events affecting Sydney

A friendly team that provided a full installation service and wired together with the roofing restoration contractor all done to a high quality of workmanship.

Great products and installation experience

Customer service was fantastic from first contact until installation was complete. The team involved me every step of the way to ensure there were no surprises. Everything that I needed to know was explained to me in the simplest form. The tradies doing the install were polite and respectful and I’m very happy with the end result.

Fantastic installer. Quick and easy installation.

I was totally impressed with the whole solar installation process from Penrith Solar. They were efficient and informative throughout the whole process. They saw the whole process through from beginning to end including the grid connection. Their workers were efficient, tidy and amenable. I cannot speak too highly of their work. I am a very happy customer!

Fantastic dealings.

Easy to get a quote with a quick phone call.
Installation day went smoothly arrived on time and left no mess, communicated what was happening and the changes they were going to make for efficiency.

Don't look anywhere else.

Dealing with Shane & the team at PSC was a breeze. They provided ease of mind by arranging a site visit before the install whilst giving me a preview of the Enphase App.
The installation team was great, punctual & went well beyond the extra mile to provide a good finish and good service.

Very professional and great service all round

The customer service, sales and installation teams were all very professional at Penrith Solar. They took the time to explain the process and their products, which were reasonably priced and of high quality. Surprisingly, it was cheaper for us to get solar through their loan offer over 5 years than continuing to pay our electricity bills! We’re very happy with the service received and would highly recommend them to anyone looking at getting solar.

Highly recommended

Penrith Solar are a highly professional team.
Sales/quotation was informative and provided a tailored solution to our circumstances.
The Installation team were punctual, polite and very tidy.
Would highly recommend this company.

Couldn't be Happier!

The salesperson punctual and not pushy. He was happy to answer any questions that we had regarding the solar system. The quote was straight forward and everything was explained in detail.
The installer's were on time, tidy, professional and friendly. Everything was discussed including the positioning of the inverter and the solar panels before any work began. We were kept up to date regarding the progress.
The customer service was excellent throughout the whole process.
They even organised connection to the grid and informed my power provider that I needed an upgraded smart meter.

Excellent end to end service and it is ongoing

Where to start. Your website provided tremendous information to help us consider all quotes. We went with Penrith because of their end to end service, starting with an on-site visit. We are in the Blue Mountains and conditions are not suburban. Every step was explained is easy to understand language. No, they were not the cheapest quote but we felt very confident in what we were entering into and that has been confirmed at each step. A few days after installation I received a call to say that they could see an issue with an inverter and that they have dispatched a team to investigate. I was in WA at the time and they contacted me to update me that it had been resolved. They have kept in touch regarding the meter changeover, which occurred today, and I know that I will get a follow up email in coming days. Today I had someone who lives in our street come in to ask about our system and installer. I was very happy to answer and positively about Penrith and Solarquotes. Thank you

Professional Installers

The whole process from Sales to Installation was very Professional.
Smooth Sailing from beginning to end.

A great team effort from quote to post installation

From the first quote query right through to after the installation, the level of service provided by Penrith Solar Centre was incredible. Such a large outlay can be nerve wracking, but they happily answered all queries in a clear and easy to understand manner. Installation was done on the date and time specified and was non-intrusive and they left zero mess behind. After installation, PSC organised with my energy retailer to have my meter box upgraded with a smart meter. I would highly recommend them for your solar needs.

A seamless process from start to finish

A seamless process from Quotation to installation, with helpful staff answering all questions start to finish. Nothing was a problem during the entire process.

Fantastic .

Absolutely fantastic service. Answered all our questions and made the process easy even when we signed up on Christmas Eve. Installation team were efficient and courteous.
They were not the cheapest quote we had, but I know the quality of the products is guaranteed.

Completely Satisfied from start to finish

I would thoroughly recommend Penrith Solar Centre. I was completely satisfied from start to finish. They were able to answer all my questions and designed a system to suit my needs. They organised a date for installation and turned up on time. The installation is first class . They organised an upgrade of my meter with my provider and handled all the paperwork and correspondence related to that. The Power production is on par with what the quote had stated, which I was concerned about. I seamless and stress free install from start to finish.
These guys know their stuff and will look after you.

Fantastic solar company

Penrith Solar Centre are an amazing solar company that keep you well informed from initial consultation to post installation.
Their solar systems are top quality with competitive pricing.
Installation day ran smoothly with the team extremely professional and keeping the work area nice and clean.
I highly recommend Penrith Solar Centre for your solar needs.

Beautiful install

Got back to me very quick with quote answered all my questions. Tidy punctual.

Fantastic Customer Service and a Quality System

From start to finish, Penrith Solar Centre were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Helpful salespeople, great advice, prompt installation and I ended up with a system which is performing exactly as I was hoping and expecting. I already had a smart meter installed so it was a quick process to get up and running and PSC organised everything with the network and energy retailer to have me connected to the grid promptly. If you're looking for solar, don't look anywhere else!!

Couldn't fault anything - wish all trades people were like this

Quoting was clear and concise,communication was great with numerous updates on when the install would take place. Also great information about what was required on the day of installation. Installation was very efficient with no problems at all on the day. All staff from the office to the installers were extremely helpful - a very slick and no fuss operation.

Excellence across the board!

Outstanding Solar Power Organisation: quick friendly and reliable advice on quotation: they really know their stuff and directed me to the right system. Installation done in a day and we are up and running now with ZERO electricity bills! Couldn't recommend more highly.

Outstanding workmanship

Great workmanship from the team @penrithsolarcentre neat and tidy install and very informative about their products.
Very happy with the production from the selected solar panels and micro-inverters.
Great job!

Quality products, installation and reliability

Upfront and informative about products and installation time frame including product benefits and features. Noticeable comparison to other jobs I've seen with quality products installed by a reputable service team. A bit more expensive than competitors but the difference has been noticed through the quality install and products.

Great experience with Penrith Solar, highly recommended!

Very pleased with the service Penrith Solar provided from beginning to end. Getting a solar system is a big investment and Dylan was very helpful in answering all our questions during quotation stage and pre-installation. Dylan helped us understand the type of system we needed so that we're able to make an informative decision. A big plus for us was that they use in-house dedicated installers and not outsourced contractors. They are also Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited. Rob and his team installed our solar system efficiently and were more than happy to explain everything. Our energy provider were notified quickly after payment and we're now enjoying the benefit of producing our own energy and credit rebate from our solar feed in tariff. We would highly recommend Penrith Solar!