Queensland Commercial Solar Pty Ltd

Queensland Commercial Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Queensland Commercial Solar Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in serves parts of NSW and and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,290 - $7,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Queensland Commercial Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (66)

Timely installation

As I was working away at the time the company responded to all my phone queries politely and promptly on the day of the installation they arrived on time were polite done their job cleaned up any rubbish and explained how the system worked in all a very good result

Easy-peasy quote, install, connect

We called Queensland Commercial Solar for a quote on the recommendation of friends. From quote to connect the customer service was 5-star. The price came in under our budget as well as being cheaper than three others, for the panels and inverter of our choice. I really liked that the quote had no bells and whistles: it was just a straightforward price for a quick installation. (Some of the other quotes were hard to read and had a lot of flashy graphics showing assumed savings and CO2 reductions, as well as optional extras that made it hard to figure out the base price) The sales person Callum was helpful and personable, answered all of our questions and (big plus) didn't tell us we needed to chop down our big tree! With the help of SolarQuotes info I could make informed decisions about which panels and which inverter and QC would provide any brand we wanted. The QC Solar price was good so I took Finn's advice to put extra $ towards the top of the line inverter. We needed a new meter box and QC Solar bundled installation of that and a hot water timer into the price. QC Solar also took care of the grid connection with super quick efficiency. The 3-person installation team were qualified electricians and employed by QC, not contractors. They were punctual, friendly, efficient and left everything tidy. They were communicative on the day. Though I did ask lots of questions, which helps. But they gave straight-forward answers. When an issue arose, with old cable connecting the power to the house not being fit for purpose, they problem solved it, replaced the cabling, and kept us informed on the day to explain they'd need a bit more time for the install. No extra charge. Overall it was easy-peasy from quote to connection. Now we're cooking with solar.

Bring on the sunny days

Seamless , good communication from start to finish, install team great, just waiting for new smart meter to be installed and some sunny days . No problem recommending this company to anyone thinking of a solar system

Great to talk to, clear communication and promp instillation.

Knowledgeable and great to chat to.
Installation went without delay and promptly installed it. However I had to wait a week for Origin to come and replace my ‘digital’ meter, that was capable of using solar, with a smart meter. I was not prepared for this and quite disappointed I could use my solar immediately.
Great service, they did organise the grid connection.

This is the second house i have had solar installed.i tried to give the 2nd job to the 1st installer but he couldn't come close to the price of qcs.

Install done well on time on budget guys knew what they were doing

Seamless transaction with fully excellent team

Queensland Commercial Solar were very quick to respond to my request for a quote and provided a very solid proposal with quality products. From the sales person, management and installers - everybody provided a professional service and nothing was too hard. I highly recommend this company to anyone wishing to have solar installed.

Good service and value

We purchased our 10 kw system from Qld Commercial Solar. We received 4 quotes. Mark was very in depth in his presentation and professional. Panels were delivered and installed on time by a great crew. Would highly recommend this company

Original Review on 09-03-2021:

Solar installed!

We chose Queensland Commercial Solar. The sales and installation process was all very professional from beginning to end. Our 8kW system has been up and running for a few weeks now. Queensland Commercial arranged our connection to the grid but that is not scheduled to happen with the energy provider until mid-to-late March. All three quotes provided were good, with some differences in approach and pricing. Queensland Commercial took the time to come out to the house, provided good insights to us, and answered our questions along the way. They were the only supplier out of the three that suggested moving the panels more to one end of the roof to minimise shading and make our system more productive. We thought this was an important differentiator. We are only a few weeks in but so far very happy with our decision. Our thanks as well to SolarQuotes - a great service and key to this positive outcome! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Angus: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

In this difficult year the results from solar are one of the few things that has brought a smile to our faces. The 8kw system installed by Queensland Solar has been in for about 9 months now (since Feb 2021). We have a family of five with a pool, a septic system and tank water pumped by an electric pump so our electricity bills were big (around $1,000 per quarter). I have had 2 quarterly bills since installation and these bills have been about half of what they were. This is mostly due to the solar but I do have to mention that changes with the way AGL does its billing have also reduced the costs over the previous year. We are very happy so far.

FYI - AGL has made changes to our plan two times during this period. In both cases I assumed the party was over and we would no longer be getting the same kind of cost savings. With the most recent change what jumped out at me was a reduction in the solar tariff from 8 cents to 5 cents. I started looking for other providers. However, when I actually sat down and analysed what was happening (using a spreadsheet), this reduction in what they were paying us for excess solar was more than offset by a much larger decrease in the demand price (electricity used between 4 and 8 pm when your solar isn't producing). My analysis showed that our most recent bill would have been even cheaper had I been on this new plan, despite AGL reducing how much they are paying for excess solar. AGL could do a better job making customers aware of the real impact of the changes in their plans but my advice is sit down and really analyse how you are being impacted. A knee jerk reaction could cause you to switch providers in anger and be worse off.

Great Job

Finn Peacock Founder and CEO from Solar Quotes sent me 2 referrals for solar installations companies in my area . I contacted Mark Hunt, National Sales Manager for Queensland Commercial Solar Business Services and received a very prompt reply. He phoned and discussed with me the 2 different proposals which would best suit my solar requirements. The installation quote I accepted was very competitive. The installation was completed in a professional manner by their team of installers and I am very happy I chose Queensland Commercial Solar.

Heather H

We are very happy with our experience with Queensland Commercial Solar!

All our dealings with Queensland Commercial Solar Pty Ltd were smooth from sales through to installation. We got a competitive price on quality system. Everything was made clear on the entire process and the installers were punctual, efficient and tidy.

Well done.

QCS offered the choice of a number of products that gave the option of a range of prices to choose from. Their conscientious staff did the same job as I am sure they would have done for friends. The company’s years in the business are reassuring. I can offer no points on how to improve their service!

Another satisfied customer

We recently had a large system installed at our home and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this company. From start to finish, everyone was professional yet friendly and answered all our questions. Callum spent a while with us talking us through the process, allaying any concerns and gave us a great deal. The installation team were prompt, efficient and helpful. Thank you Queensland Commercial Solar!

Genuine presentation by QCS sales representative, certainly new his subject/job compared to the other companies that we had give us quotes.

The quoting by QCS was genuine straightforward with no b——-——t talk, we were kept upto dated on the progress and Mark co-ordinated with other tradesmen that was working here, combined with very experienced installers who were very well presented and the workmanship unquestionable, they introduced themselves with us, their company vehicle was very tidy/clean, they worked as a team, a pleasure to watch their workmanship, at the completion of the installation they left our premises very clean & tidy and, explained the operations of the system in a language that a newcomer understood and they also organised for the grid connection to be carried out.

We would strongly recommend QCS to any person considering having solar installed to their home.

Good service

They explained the whole process in ordinary ,simple english .The installation team arrived on time ,and carried out the job in a very professional manner.Very polite and tidy boys.Every thing was organised for me regarding connections. All that I had to do was pay in 7 days after the installation, which i was more than happy to do. .

Impressed!

Cannot fault their performance all the way through the process from initial contact to commissioning of the system and post installation support.
Professional team and high regard to customer service. Well done!

Original Review on 23-10-2020:

We were so lucky to use this company. 100% in every aspect!!!!! Very very happy!

Mark went the extra mile by giving us a lot more information about solar in the future.

I could not fault his quote or his knowledge. Mark was an absolutely well mannered salesman.

He did not pressure us at all, just gave us true facts.

We ended up with the best panels and inverter. Glad we took his first advice.

Queensland Commercial Solar is a good company and would refer anyone to them.

8 months later we asked Caroline: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I am very happy with it so far and have recommended QC Solar to two other friends so far.

I am so happy I dealt through you so I did not make any mistakes on the supplier and installers.

Original Review on 28-07-2020:

Knowledgeable sales and friendly installers

Mark, the salesperson at QCS was very thorough and spent a good amount of time working out the details of the system. Since I wanted Enphase micro-inverters and have a particular electrical setup at the property, it was great to work this out beforehand.

The installers were very respectful and great to work with.

Great job guys!

8 months later we asked Jay: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has.

Fabulous experience! Very happy customer!

This whole process was so easy and carefree!

We initially had someone from QC solar knock on our door to get us booked in for an appointment which was quick and very accommodating. We met the lovely Callum, who sat down with us and explained everything in detail. Callum was professional, extremely knowledgeable and very patient with the million questions we had.

The installation process was very efficient and we couldn’t be happier.
Highly recommend, thanks so much QC Solar!

Original Review on 22-06-2020:

Great website great experience

The quoting process was honest and detailed with open ended arrangements to do my own research allowed me not to feel pushed. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The only think to be aware of is production is significantly lower than forecast - even though they confirmed it took it into account the shading factor impacted the system approximately 20% below forecast for the 6 months

Fantastic experience from Sales to installation.

The Gentleman who sold the Air Conditioning was friendly, very approachable and not pushy at all which was what sold the deal to us.

Installers very efficient, friendly and professional and did a fantastic job, completely tidying up after themselves- infact you would not have known any work was carried out.

Highly recommend!

Happy Customer

"Too confusing,too time consuming" are no longer an excuse for not installing solar when dealing with Qcs. Callum explained the whole process and options very well. Any questions,he was just a phone call away. He organized everything that needed to be done and the office kept me up to date with the progress. The installation also was a hassle free experience. Very happy from start to finish. Thank you.

Great installation and communication.

The installation process was professional, and the installers briefed me before proceeding, to ensure that my requests were met. The products seem good quality from what I have read, and hopefully the product will deliver as suggested.
The quoting process was very good, with no pressure to proceed.

QLD Commercial Solar install Reedy Creek

Couldn’t fault the company. From the sales, To the quality of system & to the installation Team. Very happy

Very satisfying experience

Quick response to request for quote. Excellent price. Pleasant sales person.
Installation occurred on the stated date.
Very satisfied

We had a great experience selecting our system and supply company

Great service from solar quotes after receiving the three quotes we decided on QueenslandCommercial Solar very professional and extremely helpful.Quality products and prompt installation of products.Would recommend using both companies.

My solar install experience

I was impressed that they were the only company that came out and reviewed the premises. That is what mostly sold it for me and the company was easy to deal with and the installers knew what they were doing.
Has been a great experience so far.

Fantastic service. Easy to understand sales person. Brilliant installation service.

Sales and quoting process was quick and simple. He didn't over complicate everything.
Installation was great. they were very polite and helpful.
Everything ran smoothly and happened as and when they said it would.

Professional and helpful from start to finish

I was referred to this company by a friend of a friend who in turn had originally got the quote via Solarquotes.com.au

My existing system was installed in 2009 (1.5kW) and wasn't helping my energy-saving goals much. It was time to upgrade.

At the time of getting QCS in to quote, I already had several quotes and had spoken to numerous companies - each of which had provided me with varying degrees of confidence in their knowledge, expertise and professionalism. One firm who markets aggressively nationally were still phoning me the day before QCS' installation asking me to cancel the contract as they would beat their price! Needless to say, that firm's reviews on solarquotes are less than favourable.

I hasten to add that the three firms who contacted me via Solarquotes were professional and pleasant to deal with, but in the end I chose QCS since I know somebody who had dealt with them recently.

When Mark from QCS contacted me, I was impressed with his knowledge, impartial advice, and ease to deal with. His quotes were sent promptly and were easy to understand, and any subsequent questions I had were quickly and effectively answered. Their price was competitive, but I was most impressed with the company's reputation and the fact that they undertake commercial, as well as domestic work.

The team of three installers (Jimmy, Jake and Jack) arrived on time, took time to discuss what they where going to do, asked for my preferences about inverter location, and even demonstrated aspects of the installation such as the racking. They were cheerful, polite and tidy as well as being super efficient, and even came back the next working day to check on a query I had.

After a few days I am very happy with the system they recommended, and would recommend QCS highly to anybody in the Gold Coast/Brisbane/ NNSW region.

End to end best customer service experience

Matt knocked on my door and asked if I was interested in a quote. Face to face from the beginning was the best! Given I had been thinking about solar for a while, I said yes. Callum was excellent to deal with as a salesperson. Was great at explaining in layperson’s terms how the whole process worked and answered all my questions. I was worried about trying to keep my original pool solar matting while installing panels. Callum helped me problem solve this and in the end it was best to just remove and dispose of the solar matting. It has served me well for 20 years. Then the issue of trying to remove matting before install date. I couldn’t find anyone to do this so rang Callum to delay instal. He offered the installers to remove for me, at no extra cost!! This is not something they normally do.

Come instal day the guys were brilliant. Polite, knowledgeable, worked well as a team. Removed all solar matting which created a mess that they cleaned up beautifully. Once they finished two of the guys walked me through the system and bounced off each other beautifully.

Only one problem TV reception didn’t work that night. They had accidentally cut aerial. But no problem, Zack the electrician arrived and promptly fixed the issue. Great service from beginning to end. Well done!

Excellent Customer Service/ Easy Installation

Well worth the wait in installing our Solar Panels with Queensland Commercial Solar!

From Sales Rep being very informative with the quote to installation which was prompt, on time & punctual!
Staff were very polite, organised & on time.
They organise the grid connections upgrade after the install, follow up from rep & electrician to install app!!

All info sent from Queensland Commercial Solar office staff on both the Solar panels & Inverter, with a step by step process....

We would definitely recommend this company!

Reviews on SolarQuotes is unbiased & worth looking into before making a decision!

Great professional service end to end.

Great professional service all the way through. A pleasure to deal with, and made the transition to solar very easy. Sales process was relaxed and unpressured. Callum made everything very clear. Installers were slick and efficient. No broken tiles! :) Good communication and follow up. Happy to recommend.

Solar Installation

I was happy with everything. We got a pretty good deal on high quality panels and inverter. The installers turned up on time and accomplished everything promptly. They cleaned up pretty well and explained the follow up with the Smart Meter. QCS were very patient with payment for the invoice as there were problems with the bank online site. I would recommend QCS.

Seemed to be a company with integrity

The quote was punctal and the Salesperson approachable, giving open responses, devoid of detectable deception. I decided to do a roof restoration before solar panel installation and I only gave a few days notice prior to the booked solar install. The Salesmen agreed that it would be best to do prep work involving roof tile movement (brackets and conduits) and then come back once my roof restoration was complete, to put the solar panels on and finish their install.

Only just had it installed so I can't add after install comments. Overall, happy with punctuality, friendliness and professionalism.

Competitive Price, Quality Product, Friendly & Informative Installers + Sales Team

We had our solar installed about 6 months ago and are very happy with our decision to have QLD Commercial Solar install our system.

As per the header, we found both the Sales and Installation team to be friendly, informative and helpful.

I would definitely recommend QLD Commercial Solar.

Friendly installers, Great Quality Product at the best proce

Friendly team from start to finish - the sales person was knowledgeable and backed up the research I did online.

Fast installation and super friendly service. Highly recommended
From initial enquiryQCS explained the system that best suited our needs and what our expectations could be if installed .We decided on the QCell panels with a 3phase Fronius inverter
The installers arrived and were the total professional, job done and commissioned in under 4hr
The follow up was by email and explained the procedures to set up the account with our energy supplier
Many thanks to the crew at Solarquotes for the relevant info to walk us through the Solar mine field

Quoting process was prompt with a range of offers. Installation was prompt and on time, installers were very friendly and explained everything to us. We also received a welcome pack with everything we needed to know.

Very easy to deal with, everything organised quickly once we made our choice, installation only took a few hours and connection to eofi monitorong set up immediately for us. Grrat price for the quality of the system

Great team.

All the staff worked as one in getting my Solar System installed and up and running.
Very tidy installation and no questions were unanswered. Also following up to make sure I had contacted supplier and made sure everything is set up for feed in power etc.

Finally made a decision

After all quotes and salesman I finally decided on an installer and hardware. Queensland commercial solar did a fantastic job with the install which was made difficult with double brick etc. The installers chose to spend longer installing the system properly ( all hidden wiring etc ) rather than the easy option. Thanks. The system is working really well.

fantastic installer

Mark Hunt was the salesperson. He was fabulous.
Installation was very professional. Punctual. Tidy. Polite. very efficient.
Only thing was...I had to introduce myself.
Yes they helped organise grid connection.

Smooth quote and installation process

Quick and professional quoting for solar installation, without any pressure to make decision, great price for quality system, installation and processing of grid connection went very smoothly, no issues anytime, system working perfectly, thank you

Poefessional, efficient and friendly

The QCS crew were great. It took them about 6 hours to install our 26 QCell panels and Fronius 3 phase inverter across 2 strings, after which they cleaned up and explained to us everything we needed to know. No issues at all, so we would really recommend them.

Very efficient install

The installation was amazingly efficient (3 guys, 4 hours) . Only hard bit is the wi-fi to my computer. Working fine

Very professional from consultant mark to the installers.

Very happy with the service, which was completed today, I might have had payed a little more, but the service I received was more than happy with the result, what you pay for is what you get, the installation was clean and tidy no hiccups or problems, wouldn't hesitate in referring qld/commercial solar to anyone.

So far is working to expectations.

The Sales person was great , the installation went perfectly, they were very professional, fast, tidy and punctual. Everything is connected , now just waiting for our electricity supplier to complete the process.

Great install team, great sales

I got quotes from five vendors, all offering more or less the same hardware, but the primary point of difference was Mark (the sales guy I dealt with) was delightful to work with. He explained the costs of various systems, and most importantly, did not harass me for the sale once a week until I finally signed, like every other vendor. I am not kidding, the other vendors bordered on harassment.

Also, I'm a stickler for professionalism, he did not insult or disparage any of the other vendors, he is the *only* sales person I had through here that did not back-stab other suppliers. His sales pitch is based purely on the quality of the work, and the product.

QCSolar was not the cheapest vendor (nor the most expensive), but their install team were well presented, well spoken, and not a rag-tag team of random contractors who were just able to show up on the day. Having just endured the building of a granny flat, I've witnessed the absolute worst of construction teams and the QCSolar guys were great to deal with, answered all of my tedious questions with patience.

Post-sales support has been great, and the system has been over-performing based on kwh estimates, so I'm extremely happy overall.

An excellent experience!

I highly recommend Queensland Commercial Solar who made the process an easy one. There was no sales pressure and they were very competitive. Installation day went without a hitch and I feel I am well on the way to reducing my dreaded electricity bills. Thanks Finn for recommending this company and thanks to QCS for delivering the goods. A win win situation.

Original Review on 17-09-2018:

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Extremely happy with my investment!!

Taking into account my 1st quarter, post instillation, was through our summer period but, decreasing a quarterly electricity bill from AU$1100 to AU$50 exceeded all of my expectations! Thoroughly recommend solar investment, especially if you live in QLD.
Jimmy and the team arrived in the morning and the weather wasn't the best and they made me aware that job may not get completed on the day due to the weather which I completely understood.

The boys got into the job and looks like they did a great job.

System has been performing now for a month as I'd hoped it would

I would suggest these guys for anyone looking for an install