Sapphire Solar Reviews

About Sapphire Solar, Solar Installers

Sapphire Solar
Sapphire Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Docklands and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Sapphire Solar Solar Reviews

Great Installer

Hi There,

The whole process was good, from Sales/ quoting to the Installation and grid connection, I was kept updated throughout this process.

Happy with the product would recommend using installer.

Stay clear of Sapphire Solar

Communication and customer relations with Sapphire Solar was appalling to say the least.
Our relationship started well enough but it soon headed south due to their disinterest in answering calls, emails, texts the job had been paid for. Being new to the whole solar experience we had questions and concerns which we wanted answered. They continually ignored our attempts to get answers and often just passed the buck to someone else.
When eventually I was able to get ahold of them I told them how disappointed I was in how they handled the whole thing and they proceeded to call me a liar and that they always answered my queries…. they didn’t. The whole conversation ended up in a shouting match with them continually calling me (the customer) a liar and how dare I question their reputation and then they hung up on me.

I was disgusted with the whole attitude and refused to have any further dealings with them. Their customer relations skills are abysmal. Who in their right mind alienates a customer like that? Especially since we own a construction company which could have provided them with future work. Needless to say because of their fragile ego they have burnt that bridge.
I cannot document everything I had to go through just to get my job completely finished sufficed to say that I signed the contract on 30 October 2019 and it was not completed until 31 January 2020.
The contract was to install 44 solar panels on our roof but only 41 were installed due to lack of space. This was only discovered by going on the roof ourselves and counting the panels installed. We had paid for 44 panels and wanted a refund on the 3 panels not installed. The question this raises is, would Sapphire solar have ever notified us of this if we didn’t check ourselves? I tried to contact the office but no one ever answered their phones or their message banks were full and I sent emails which were constantly ignored. Finally, I sent an email which stated that I was going to dispute my payment to them through my credit card company. The next day I received an email stating that I would receive my refund and such drastic action was not required. I eventually received the refund.

While the installation of the panels had been completed, the installers ran out of material to cover some exposed wires in the garage, which they said they would return the next day to complete. Communication with the installer and the office went on for months and no one returned to finish the job or bothered to answer me. So again I threatened to involve the credit card company and dispute the payment for non-completion. I immediately received notification that someone would be there to complete the job. This was done on the 31 January 2020.

This experience has been so time consuming and extremely disappointing that I would never recommend Sapphire Solar to anyone. If I had not paid an amount by credit card I would have no recourse to get my issues resolved. This company has no respect for their customers and once they have your money they move on and you are just an irritation to them.
Stay clear from Sapphire Solar! Find a company that is reputable and treats its customers as a priority and not a nuisance.

Unable to contact - Do not purchase

We spent close to $25,000 on the solar panels and battery.
We were told Sapphire Solar is a superior product.
Our battery has not worked since September last year. We called them and was told we were the 5th person with the same issue and the board needs to be replaced and would have to wait 6 weeks.
We have been quite patient considering the length of time we have waited. I have followed up countless times via phone messages and emails etc. with no responses.
You cannot get through to anyone when you call the 1300 number and have to leave a voice message.
This is an absolute disgrace and would not recommend.
More info about the product life of the system. I know I future proof my family against unpredictable laws and billing. Show additional information
The installation was done very professionally. They installed three systems, near me, on the same day. Workmanship excellent. Show additional information
It is now Jan 10, 2019. When do these people work. My system has not generated power to the grid since Dec 12, 2018. I have left messages on the office phone, consultant' s phone and emails since start of January, 2019 and nobody has been in contact. Office hours allegedly 9 am - 5 pm. Show additional information