Sapphire Solar Reviews

About Sapphire Solar, Solar Installers

Sapphire Solar
Sapphire Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Docklands and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Sapphire Solar Solar Reviews

The worst after care service ever!!!

During the initial quoting process they told me they'd be able to put 21 panels on my roof. This quote was not them simply looking at a birds eye picture, they told me they actually had someone come out and look at the roof before providing the quote. Which sounded very thorough, so we decided to go with them, even though they were more expensive than others. On the day of installation the said they could only fit 17 panel but that they still had to charge the full amount for 21 panels because the installation was 'tricky'....!

They also told me at the last minute that if I wanted to install a solar hot water service I'd need a battery which would be an addition 8 thousand dollars. So of course we passed. I've since found out that a battery is not required!?

They actual sparky's that installed the system were professional.

Since having the system installed the tracking app has stopped working and for the last 8 months we haven't been able to get anyone to help us fix the problem. They either don't call back, don't reply to our emails or redirect us to another company who says they can't help.

Soooo frustrating.

Absolutely appalling customer service if anything goes wrong with your system. I would not recommend this company.

We purchased solar panels, inverter, hot water system and a 7kW battery from Sapphire Solar in September 2018. The system has only worked in its entirety for 9 months. The company were very quick to install system but within months we started to encounter significant problems with the system and the company’s customer service. In October 2019, the inverter completely failed, and the system stopped working, making us reliant on grid power again.

At that point, our concerns with company were growing. When the inverter blew up, it took 3 days to get in contact with anyone from the company just to inform them that the system was down. They assured us over email, without physically citing the system that there were no safety issues. After 2 weeks, they came to the house to physically assess and remove the inverter, only to discover evidence of a fire, which was apparently in a part of the panel that he had never seen before. They agreed that the system needed replacing but we had to constantly contact the owners to follow up when they would be installing the new inverter. Finally, after 2 months with their entire system not working, they replaced the inverter with a temporary one that was incompatible with our batteries and we were left with only half of the system functioning.

Our experiences dealing with Sapphire Solar have been incredibly frustrating. Their communication is abysmal, as they hardly ever return calls, texts or emails. When they do, they are constantly making excuses for not following through on their promises to fix or replace their faulty products. They never take any responsibility for the issues and are often rude and aggressive. Our repeated requests to have things provided in writing were ignored. Anytime we complained about their customer service, instead of making any effort to address them or improve, they just doubled down on bad service and were even more defensive. On multiple occasions their installers told us they would be coming to the house to do work but would not reply to any messages asking what time they would arrive, only to have no one turn up on the specified day. Then when we complained, someone would turn up on a completely random day without any notification.

After 6 months of constantly chasing the company to replace our battery and inverter we had had enough. We decided to compile our case to take them to VCAT and have the issue resolved. It was only after informing them of this, that they decided to honour their warrantee and replace the batteries with a 10kW battery and a compatible inverter in April 2020. Since then their monitoring app has only worked for one day. As it stands, we are unable to see whether the system is working to its full capacity or even at all. I have left so many messages with Sapphire Solar to have a technician call me that I have lost count. We are also owed financial compensation for the 6 months we were without a working system but all our requests to chase this payment have been ignored.

I have absolutely no confidence in the quality of Sapphire Solar’s products and would rate their customer service as an absolute zero. They do not appear to value or respect their customers. Once they have taken your money and installed their system, they no longer see you as a priority.

Value for Money

The sales/quoting process was extensive and detailed.
Installers were punctual, polite & professional.
Customer service was acceptable without being remarkable. All milestones have been achieved so far as per the timeline. Contacting the company after installation has been problematic.

Great Installer

Hi There,

The whole process was good, from Sales/ quoting to the Installation and grid connection, I was kept updated throughout this process.

Happy with the product would recommend using installer.

Stay clear of Sapphire Solar

Communication and customer relations with Sapphire Solar was appalling to say the least.
Our relationship started well enough but it soon headed south due to their disinterest in answering calls, emails, texts the job had been paid for. Being new to the whole solar experience we had questions and concerns which we wanted answered. They continually ignored our attempts to get answers and often just passed the buck to someone else.
When eventually I was able to get ahold of them I told them how disappointed I was in how they handled the whole thing and they proceeded to call me a liar and that they always answered my queries…. they didn’t. The whole conversation ended up in a shouting match with them continually calling me (the customer) a liar and how dare I question their reputation and then they hung up on me.

I was disgusted with the whole attitude and refused to have any further dealings with them. Their customer relations skills are abysmal. Who in their right mind alienates a customer like that? Especially since we own a construction company which could have provided them with future work. Needless to say because of their fragile ego they have burnt that bridge.
I cannot document everything I had to go through just to get my job completely finished sufficed to say that I signed the contract on 30 October 2019 and it was not completed until 31 January 2020.
The contract was to install 44 solar panels on our roof but only 41 were installed due to lack of space. This was only discovered by going on the roof ourselves and counting the panels installed. We had paid for 44 panels and wanted a refund on the 3 panels not installed. The question this raises is, would Sapphire solar have ever notified us of this if we didn’t check ourselves? I tried to contact the office but no one ever answered their phones or their message banks were full and I sent emails which were constantly ignored. Finally, I sent an email which stated that I was going to dispute my payment to them through my credit card company. The next day I received an email stating that I would receive my refund and such drastic action was not required. I eventually received the refund.

While the installation of the panels had been completed, the installers ran out of material to cover some exposed wires in the garage, which they said they would return the next day to complete. Communication with the installer and the office went on for months and no one returned to finish the job or bothered to answer me. So again I threatened to involve the credit card company and dispute the payment for non-completion. I immediately received notification that someone would be there to complete the job. This was done on the 31 January 2020.

This experience has been so time consuming and extremely disappointing that I would never recommend Sapphire Solar to anyone. If I had not paid an amount by credit card I would have no recourse to get my issues resolved. This company has no respect for their customers and once they have your money they move on and you are just an irritation to them.
Stay clear from Sapphire Solar! Find a company that is reputable and treats its customers as a priority and not a nuisance.

Unable to contact - Do not purchase

We spent close to $25,000 on the solar panels and battery.
We were told Sapphire Solar is a superior product.
Our battery has not worked since September last year. We called them and was told we were the 5th person with the same issue and the board needs to be replaced and would have to wait 6 weeks.
We have been quite patient considering the length of time we have waited. I have followed up countless times via phone messages and emails etc. with no responses.
You cannot get through to anyone when you call the 1300 number and have to leave a voice message.
This is an absolute disgrace and would not recommend.
More info about the product life of the system. I know I future proof my family against unpredictable laws and billing. Show additional information
The installation was done very professionally. They installed three systems, near me, on the same day. Workmanship excellent. Show additional information
It is now Jan 10, 2019. When do these people work. My system has not generated power to the grid since Dec 12, 2018. I have left messages on the office phone, consultant' s phone and emails since start of January, 2019 and nobody has been in contact. Office hours allegedly 9 am - 5 pm. Show additional information