Solar Australia Reviews

About Solar Australia , Solar Installers

Solar And Batteries Australia Pty Limited (ACN: 152 356 351) was was placed in liquidation on 29 March 2018.

Solar Australia Pty Ltd (ACN: 129 328 490) placed in liquidation on 3 May 2018.

-----------

Since 2006; Solar Australia have been committed to being the first choice in energy efficient solutions.

The Australian-owned company aims to deliver the best possible technologies to a range of industries throughout the country and are dedicated to delivering excellent service, the latest premium quality products, professional installation, industry leading warranties and comprehensive after-sales support.

Solar Australia are committed to promoting the benefits of solar power and battery storage to help customers recognise how a switch to clean energy can have a positive impact on both the environment and their power bills.

Solar Australia Solar Reviews

The quality of the solar components seem to be very good. I first contacted Solar Australia early December 2017 and the process of installation and follow up service has just been completed. The quality of the installation was in my opinion quite poor and had to get the installer back to rectify some of the problems. The final outcome was below my expectations. I had another Electrician look at the install and he was of a similar opinion to mine. I would not recommend this installer to my friends. Show additional information
The inverter causes major interference to radio communications which is against the law as under the "Radiocommunications Act" Commonwealth. I expect at anytime to be instructed to close it down by Commonwealth inspectors but the installer and Goodwee although having full knowledge of this have done nothing to correct the situation.

For converting the suns power to electricity and saving me money on the purchase of electricity it is very very good. Actual energy purchased on one bill was $15 and the second bill was $35 whereas I have saved hundreds of dollars on each. The battery capacity of 7.5kw of course helps but this also causes the radio communications interference via the inverter. This may cost a lot if I'm told by the Commonwealth to switch the whole system off. Solar Australia have offered at my cost and at my risk a filter system that may or may not work. As the quoted cost is not minor I feel that I have not been properly supported by this company.

During installation for some reason the front half of my house was separated from the rest and this low load section accounts for most of my purchased energy burn each day. The heavy use system is supplied by the solar direct or via the batteries which on a normal day have some energy more than the 16% needed retention left.
Have had 2 electricity bills since the system went in.

So far all we can say is: Money well spent.

1. Bill: $284.52 Solar: $151.95 CR = $131.42 for 18 Oct 17 - 12 Jan 18 (change of plan etc etc)

2. Bill: $377.80 Solar: $328.65 CR = $49.15 for 3 months!
Great salesperson and installation.
Did research into Solar Australia, first to respond to inquiry, been in business a lot longer than most others, local office and people, viewed warehouse and offices, checked reviews, salesman knowledgeable and not pushy great advice and helpful..... installed system everything good to go pending meter changeover...... a week later checked with my energy supplier as to progress of meter application. No record of application. Called Solar Australia no answer, called following day no answer (getting nervous) called following day no answer (crap) called electrical sub contractor who advised Solar Australia had gone out of business. Checked ASIC and sure enough two days after install, company listed ASIC website as in liquidation. Dealt with Energy Australia who were great assisting me to lodge application for meter change.
Very sour taste in our mouth, considering I thought I had done all I could to ensure this didn't turn out this way. Don't know what else I could have done, now trying to get some sort of recognition from Enphase and Taelsun re warranty install date....not holding my breath....all I have in receipt is my bank records to show I have paid $9275 to Solar Australia....hope some of their creditors don't come knocking wanting their goods back.....
We are still waiting for Origin Energy to supply the meter so we are not currently feeding back to the grid. The installation went very well. It was an extremely hot day and Michael the installer went to quite a lot of trouble to put the inverter in a suitable place that complemented our relatively new house and high standard of building. He worked very hard under not ideal conditions.
The staff at solar Australia were very helpful. Brett the salesman was excellent and Cathy who made the initial call the day after our online enquirer to you was very efficient. Overall we are so far ( 10 days since installation) we are very happy. Today’s yield was 26.70kWh.
Cheers Sue n Phil
Out of the 3 quotes Solar Aus actually quoted on the inverter and features I wanted instead of trying to push me to other inferior inverters (that they were probably trying to shift from old stock).
Although there was a 2 month delay on the Fronius due to lack of supply, the eventual install went very well. We had 13.8kW installed on the shed with a 12.5kW inverter, the inverter was installed inside the shed in the location where I requested, and the system has been performing well. The team of 3-4 guys had the numerous panels installed neatly by late morning/early afternoon with no shortcuts taken.
Had some initial issues over the following weeks with the system cutting out due to high grid voltage, the technician returned at no charge to adjust some tolerances on the inverter which have mostly fixed the issue. Ausgrid are attending next week to re-tap the pole transformer serving our farm, which should fix it for good.
I'd highly recommend the team, very thorough, including the detailed information booklet handed over at the end of the job with expected solar outputs each month, circuit diagrams, system designs etc which I've never had on any of my other 4 solar systems in the past.
We have had to get the transformer capability checked by SP Ausnet so are still waiting on them until the system can be fitted. Show additional information
Lance was extremely professional, when he realised I had done some research he was able to move into providing more in depth information.

The components quoted are of a higher Tier 1 quality than another provider, and while there has been a delay in install they have been in constant communication.

Lance was able to provide good information about possible upgrade to batteries long term which was another positive
All went well, company was exceptional to deal with and thanks so much Finn for your help Show additional information
Due to delay in availability of the inverter agreed on others were offered but not as highly recommended, the install has been delayed but the sales persons have been keeping me informed Show additional information
This was overall a great experience - your website with heaps of reliable, simple and factual information, the three suppliers who quoted, the green loan process and the final installation. I am relieved and pleased it all worked so well.

I am waiting for it to be switched on, so cannot comment on how it all works yet.

We selected Solar Australia for an extension of our existing Solar System and we could not have choosen a company with a better service. Show additional information
Had a number of issues with salesman not being honest with me. A main reason for going with Solar Australia was that I was promised it would be done before Christmas. He said the 20th December. I contacted them on the 19th and was told there was a problem getting Fronius inverter. So would be in the new year. If this was an issue then I should not have had to contact Solar Australia to find there was an issue. This did not suit as I was going to India in the new year then back to work. I sent an email asking for my deposit to be returned.
I was contacted by the manager within minutes who said he knew nothing about me wanting it done before Christmas even though it was clearly communicated to the salesman. He said my panels AND Fronius inverter was in stock and scheduled for 8 January. This did not suit as I was in India. Someone was not being honest.
He made special arrangements for the system to be installed on 28 December. I had arranged for a 5.3kw system using Trina panels. He said I could have a 6kw Talesun system for the same price and in his opinion were better than the Trina panels. I chose the 6kw system even though Talesun was not on your list.

It all seems to be working well.

The process did cause a bit of stress which I wanted to avoid by going through Solar Quotes.
Took about 10 weeks from sign up day to installation day but system is up and running now. Show additional information
Waiting for energy provider (Lumo) to update service to show solar feedin, some time in January. Keen to see first monthly account with full solar system Show additional information
They installed exactly what they said they would also on the day they arranged all my questions were answered promptly. A good company to.deal with. Show additional information
This company came to inspect before Quoting, they also explained the system without treating me as someone who knew NOTHING. Show additional information
I think the team did a great job on the roof considering the windy weather and the electrician also did a good job getting the loom down through the inside of an external wall to the inside of the garage and to the meter box Show additional information
Signed contract 10 Oct 17 waiting for installation which should be this coming week prompt action to requesting for quote unlike one which took over a month so far happy with communications.
Regards
Ian
On the 27th October, we had a 6kw(20 x 300w panels) system, 5kw Goodwe hybrid inverter, and 10kw BYD BBox battery storage system installed. With the exception of the battery system being delivered the previous day, the installation was completed most efficiently and professionally in one day: no fuss, no mess, no broken tiles, and clear explanations and instructions.We were especially happy!

I would have rated all the above categories as "Fantastic" if it hadn't been for the Goodwe inverter: the yellow Wi-fi LED, unpredictably, went from solid to blinking 4 times which indicated a server problem. I tried several times to have the matter fixed or solved. Eventually, several days ago, I received a phone call from a Solar Australia engineer who, after listening to my narrative of what was happening, explained very clearly why the wi-fi LED was blinking, and reassured me that our system is functioning well, and that there is nothing to worry about. As I understand it, the number of inverters trying to communicate with the Goodwe portal during the day has caused the problem which Goodwe is presently working on. The glitch has no effect on the recording or presentation of data to the apps related to the system; it certainly has no effect on our energy distribution; all our needs are being met without using energy from the grid, and we are supplying energy to the grid.

I would advise any consumer with a similar problem to demand a conversation with one of the company's engineers.

All this being said, I highly recommend Solar Australia; they are highly professional and their products appear to be sound quality. We are very happy that we contracted them to install our solar system.
The process, with recommended company, was a very easy process. We. Hchose a company that we could have follow up service with and used reputable installers employed by themselves, not subcontracted. I have rated good as I believe fantastic requires a service that could not be improved on, and even though the service was very high quality, we have nothing else to gauge by. We thank Solar Australia for a great service. Show additional information
All 3 suppliers were very good. It was extremely hard to make a choice between 2 of them. Show additional information
Only installed yesterday - so I guessing system will be what was promised - perhaps a little dearer than others but a very professional mob in terms of customer service so far Show additional information
Yet to be installed. My answers are in anticipation Show additional information
All seemed to go well and cannot fault at this stage.They included the efergy monitor kits for solar and consumption to sweeten deal. Show additional information