Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar , Solar Installers

Space Solar
Platinum Partner

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

Our NSW office is located at D3/ 101 Rookwood Rd, Yagoona NSW 2199

Our VIC office is located at U3/ 8 Samantha Court, Knoxfield VIC 3180

Space Solar Solar Reviews

The response was the fastest and best thought through.
It was a VERY competitive price, but all the equipment (Sungrow inverter and Suntech panels) was approved by Solar Quotes which provided a level of confidence.
I was happy with the installation.
Still waiting for AGL to confirm their deal.
Seems to be working well after 3+ weeks.
The installers broke several roof tiles but did silicone them back together. Not sure if there were any more that I could not see. The instruction on how to use the website was very brief and not very helpful. The inverter was installed in a place where I cannot read the serial number etc on the registration plate on the side of the inverter. Show additional information
Frank Gao was my consultant. He has been very patient and honest with me on pricing, pro and con, what are my best options. I got the pricing formula which allow me to look at price impact on different panels and inverters, plus 3 examples of system with lower price system, more expensive system. My site has complicated roof line and tree shading.
At the end, I am down to Space Solar and another company. He has not talked down the other competitor which offer a SolarEdge system which I respect his integrity. Space solar probably is not the cheapest. The other company is a bit cheaper ~5-10%. At the end I choose Space Solar mainly of my experiences with the consultant. Installation time, is within a week from down payment on a Sunday. (I think they have a vacant slot for some reason) The guys are still installing the system now.
Even though it was a miserable day, we had to ask them to replace a tile they broke with a spare one we had here. They were just going to solastic it up. Show additional information
Thank you SolarQuotes for your professional service and expert advice in making the task of sourcing reputable solar installers so much easier. I was initially stumped on where I should start but spoke to an electrical/solar researcher/engineer at the university I work at, who referred me to your website. It removed a lot of uncertainty and we were confident that our requirements would be met by a reputable tier 1 provider/installer; ones that had been tried and tested through your service. I have already referred friends and family to your webpage and will continue to do so. We were extremely happy with the advice, service and installation from our provider, who was able to install our system 2 weeks after the initial quote. Your regular updates and information via email are also very much appreciated and I have become very confident in sharing the knowledge I have gained from your service, with others. Keep up the great work and thank you again Finn and SolarQuotes Team! Show additional information
Installation crew arrived at the the time noted.
Installation completed in same day and crew tidied up after installation.
Given a quick run down on how system operates and how associated Enlighten app works.
Only disappointing aspect was when panels were installed there was very little distance to edge of roof making access to clean gutters and panels dangerous. did not realise that would be the case or would have adjusted the location of the panels.
Great sales person, Alison. Andy and his team of installers were fantastic. Efficient, quiet, polite very hard workers. Watching the clouds they didn't stop until the install was finished. Not connected to the grid yet but system seems to be working very well. Very happy. Show additional information
Extremely competitive quote for a system we requested and no problems in supplying what we asked for. Show additional information
I'm pleased to say that space solar was a pleasure to deal with & the installers were excellent when they were finished, the system was explained, software was installed on my computer and there was no mess left. I highly recommend this company Show additional information
Space Solar did a very good job by being prompt and thorough in performing the job and we are happy with them. We are still awaiting our electricity supplier (Origin) to connect a new meter. Thanks again for your help.
Helen
Space Solar were the most helpful in:
- addressing our (many) questions during the quotation process
- explaining what was (or wasn't) technically feasible/advisable - e.g. in terms of array configuration
- adapting their proposal to various concerns (e.g. shadowing) that we identified
- highly transparent with their pricing model/formula.

In retrospect, however, a site visit as part of the quotation process would have been advisable, as there were unplanned changes to the system on installation day. We understand that site visits as part of quotation would add to their general business costs.

In the end we are happy with the system as installed - although with slightly south facing panels we suspect that the mid-winter performance will be very poor (the upside is that it's particularly good in mid-summer - e.g. best performance so far is 45kWh in a day).
The guys who installed were not great. Small details in their workmanship were well below expectations. They didn't communicate well with me and were so rushed for time that they did not even brief me on the system they had installed and how i could work with it. As such I am left having to google many questions.
Also, I think there is a fault in my system. It constantly and very regularly cuts out and resets itself (several times over the space of minutes).
On a positive, the sales guy was excellent. Time will tell if his after sales are as good as his pre sales.
Installation went smoothly system tested worked as it was supposed to,now waiting on nett feed in meter to complete the process. Show additional information
Space Solar provided the most professional, knowledgeable and personable service of the three quotes we received. We were kept informed every step of the way with no pressure to go with their company. Communication with the salesperson from the arrangement of an initial site visit, provision of the quote, through to the follow-up visit where we paid the deposit was prompt, informative and professional. Communication with the admin and finance departments was also prompt and professional.

It took only 1.5 weeks from paying the deposit to the first available time for installation during December (but availability on our end meant we took an extra week before installation, with which they were accommodating). Installers were punctual, did a tidy job with the cabling and cleaning up any building material and packaging, ensured we were familiar with the physical system and the accompanying phone app, and finally, identified and replaced existing broken tiles on our roof despite having to wait 2 hours for us to source replacement tiles from a 2nd hand tile supplier as we did not have any on hand.

We could not be happier with the service provided by Space Solar.
Space Solar gave us the best value for our money by far. First class Fronius 5kw Inverter- rated one of the best in the world, and Suntech panels.

The team was super quick and efficient. We had a problem with the electricity meter tripping for the first 2 weeks and even though Andy the electrician said it probably was not the inverter, he still came back and double checked everything. (It seemed to be a faulty light in the house so it was just coincidental that it occurred same time as the solar install.)

We would not have known how find a reputable installer without your website. Keep up the great work!

We love our solar and look forward to small or no bills!
Russ and Sharne
South Coast NSW
Space solar promised me a installation within 3 weeks. its been 3 months now....
They got it wrong even after I supplied details of my electrical supply box (which is 3 phase) they then promised me a series of deadlines which they never met.
Haven't heard from them in over a month.
They have had my deposit now for 3 months....
Pretty poor customer service I would say
The guy who did the quote doesn't seem to know how the system works which i was most annoyed about.
He had 3 sets of panels but when the installation guys arrived they said they could only have 2 feeds to the inverter.
One would imagine the person designing the system would at least know how it works!
We ended up with 6 panels North and 18 west instead of 6 East 8 North and 10 West.
It obviously would have given us better performance with the original lay out.
He did say that if we weren't happy they would refund the deposit.
Just a very poor show of not knowing the system and doing quotes.
The installation guys I found to be excellent.
Regards,
Len
Experience so far has been good. It was difficult to separate the suppliers and to call and inform the one who missed out - I'm kind of glad I only requested two quotes.
The electricity retailer is coming to install the bi-directional metering in about two weeks and then we will see how the system and the Solar Infobank web interface perform. I intend to post a review of the supplier and equipment on solarquotes in about 12 months.
We had a 3.6kW system installed for between $3k and $4k.

The installation took 4 hours and all went extremely smoothly. We were fortunate that the day selected was the only dry day in a very wet week
Steve (salesman) was great, however the installers turned up and asked �which way is north�, then �which part of the roof did you want the panels�? Mmmm Thought this would've been planned prior to installation!
So far so good though with the system itself
Not installed yet, waiting for installation date. Show additional information
Good service, timely with good follow up and done with the minimum of fuss. Show additional information
I think your rating descriptions are a bit harsh. Without you descriptions I would give 4.5 stars. Show additional information
The process was very easy, and the system is working well. Looking forward to our next electrical bill to see the difference! Show additional information
Nope Show additional information
Space Solar were very responsive in all phases of this installation. Daniel was happy to look at multiple options during the quoting phase and then gave us time to consider what we wanted. Once we signed up, the installation process was handled very well and the application / installation booking / actual installation all ran like clockwork, without us having to chase anyone.
On the day, the installation team were great, they listened to what we wanted with respect to panel & inverter placement and made it all work as we wanted. They left the site neat and tidy and it looks very professional.
There was a small hitch at the end of the install process, getting the inverter to talk to the internet, and they persisted well past what I'd expected on the day to get us going (and the problem was found to be the firewall settings on my router, and nothing to do with their installation).
Installers had no idea how the App worked nor how it was set up. The next day the company was contacted and did not reply. After partial payment was made and a substantial amount withheld ($1000), the company then sent the same installers back. It then took them about one and a half hours (with long phone calls) to complete the process. Would we have had the same successful outcome if the money had not been held up?

Hi David,
Thanks for providing us your valuable feedback.
We are sorry that our installers did not complete the wifi set up successfully for you on the day. It was his first time to set up monitoring system and App so it took a longer time for him to complete this. So we scheduled another day to get back and complete this part of job. We are sorry that we can not make it the next day due to by end of the year, installation schedule is pretty tight and the installer had to make it in between of jobs. We did not chase up for payment as we understood that this has not been done yet, rather than we realised that the payment was withheld (our operations and accounts department are separated).
Again we sorry for the delay and inconvenience. Wish you enjoy your solar!
Largely hassle free. I can recommend Space Solar. Show additional information
Space Solar were great from the first contact with Alison from sales and her follow up help. Then dealing with Kirsty in admin provided all the info and did all the paperwork for the energy supplier and retailer. Installation was organized faster then I expected and Andy even rang me on the installation day to tell me was ruining 10 minutes late just so I knew he was on his way. The install team were very friendly and did a great job and even moved a roof vent to a new location free of charge just so the job would look neater and more uniform instead of having a string of 12 panels and a string of 10 panels. By moving the roof vent they made it two strings of 11 panels. I didn't ask them to do it or expect them to do it for free they just did it. Andy did all the paperwork for the STC or solar rebate and gave me a rundown on how the system worked and all the manuals and warranty paperwork. I would highly recommend Space Solar to anyone thinking about solar you will be very happy with their service. Show additional information
Sales staff was excellent, answering questions on email even on weekends after hours from iPhone.
Follow up service was also fantastic.

My only criticism was that the installers, which were great, only one of the 3 had English and that was quite limited.
They were very genuine however and with a bit of patience we were fine. Couldn't ask for nicer installers.
Very good service from Space Solar to set up the system although system has developed a fault which I am currently working through with them. Sungrow Inverter with Trina Panels. Show additional information