• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar , Solar Installers

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

Our NSW office is located at D3/ 101 Rookwood Rd, Yagoona NSW 2199

Our VIC office is located at U3/ 8 Samantha Court, Knoxfield VIC 3180

Space Solar Solar Reviews

Overall a fairly simple process and so far happy with results. Ended up with 11 north facing panels and 8 west facing. A little perturbed when the installers arrived and suggested that the design could have been improved...salesman vs technicians? Also needed to change inverter location.
Installation took less than 8 hours and was hassle free. 4 workers. No broken tiles. Neat job. Good clean up.

Direct monitory on iphone works. I have had a little bit of trouble with remote monitoring but supplier has been active in trying to improve situation. May be simply to do with locations of Inverter and modem.
It is a bit early to be too glowing about the system as it is only a fortnight old, it as been very cloudy, and I am not yet in receipt of feed in tarriff. However, preliminary signs are hopeful. Time will tell.
Not installed as yet Show additional information
An honest saleman and resonable cost and a professional installer. Show additional information
Very happy with solar system that we have its Trina panel and Fronius inverter from the beginning meeting with the sales Frank Gao was helping us and down to the installations team was doing fantastic job installing the panel and give much credit to Jerry the electrician for taking his time for making sure all the wires was properly and install. We would be more than happy to recommending this company to our friends and families. as of today we have starting to enjoying the power production by our panel. Show additional information
Price locked in. Waiting for house handover to do the installation. Show additional information
The system was only installed on 26th July so too early to rate performance.
The system installed was a 5.5kW system consisting of 18 Trina 305W Mono Black Frame panels (Model TSM-300-DD05A-08) and 5kw Symo 3 Phase Fronius Inverter, 10 year Inverter warranty, plus online monitoring.

Installers were quick and seemingly competent.

Sales guy was professional and friendly.

Admin staff were quick and responsive.
Frank was very responsive and informative. Highly recommended as he gave me lots of advice and variety in terms of my budget and the system I should go with. Show additional information
Frank Gao was the salesman from space solar, he patiently work us through with all the process. Show additional information
Space Solar delivered all they said they would from the first meeting to the installation. I was happy with the sales approach and the support with minor changes that were all delivered on installation day. Also pleased with the final result and the team that got the job done in the cold and sometimes wet weather. Show additional information
Hi Frank / Victor

We would like to provide you with our feedback on our solar installation. After receiving a knock on the door from another solar company that really didn’t provide a satisfactory solution we contacted a solar specialist who recommended your firm.

From our first contact with you we were very impressed with your knowledge and the fact that you concentrated on providing a solution rather than just trying to sell a product.

The installation was completed very professionally in May 2018 and we are very pleased with the performance and output of the 6kw system and battery. Our usage from the grid has dramatically decreased even though we are still in the winter months of Melbourne. We expect the performance will increase even more as we approach spring and summer.

Based on our experience we would highly recommend Space Solar.

Regards

Mark and Vicki
Victoria
Salesperson was helpful and honest. Did not push.
Installation was seamless and the system is going great.
Just waiting for origin energy to install the solar net meter.
I went with the company that had the sales rep come to my property instead of just sending quote and photos. Salesman was available to answer all my questions as they came up. The head office was very helpful when it came to helping me fill out the application for a new meter box. Great communication and follow up from the head office before during and after the installation. Installation was prompt, great communication with the installers. After installation the team went through all aspects of the system. I would strongly recommend some monitoring system to keep track of the system on your phone from anywhere, so glad I did this. So far, very happy with the system, the sales rep, the head office support and the installation. Show additional information
We still are waiting on the net meter from Origin, so we don’t know how efficient it may be. Show additional information
Installation team had very poor English language skills . Very hard workers but hard to communicate with clearly . Show additional information
Great Service and the system is working quite well and generating enough power for the day as promised. Need to wait for the first bill to check the difference. Show additional information
The company does not follow through and needs to be prompted Show additional information
Communication with the installers was a real issue. English was obviously not their first language and they seemed reluctant to talk at all. Had a real issue with them not finishing on the scheduled day and then uncertainty about when it would be completed.
On value for money. Well another company (not on you list) quoted the same panels but with micro inverters in lieu of a string inverter. Taking out the inverter cost differential they were still some $3500 more expensive. Space solar's cost was otherwise marginally better (5%) than the others.
Five Stars For Space Solar

I have met up with a couple of solar system installers when I was researching for an optimum system for my house.
It is a fact that all of them represent different brands which in my opinion, is very similar if they are within the same price range - what is important is the customer service and knowledge of the installer which I find most solid with the Space Solar team.
The sales executive, Mr. Sri Kanth Reddy was knowledgeable and honest when recommending the appropriate solar system for my house – he was very accommodating to my endless questions and managed to clear all my concerns satisfactorily.
The sales manager, Mr Victor has also provided me with good service, post installation as I was having some difficulties with the electricity distributor - he was always at a phone call away until the issue is resolved.
Good experience with the team and I will recommend that all potential buyers to give Sri of Space Solar a call before making any purchase decision - you will thank me for it.
Currently waiting for installation. Graeme from space Solar took the time to make several visits to the house and explained thoroughly the pros and cons of mono vs poly panels and micro inverters vs string inverter and getting the right system to meet our needs. No pressure applied to buy either type. All questions answered honestly and very easy to deal with to date. Prepared to negotiate a little on price as well. Will provide an update after installation. Show additional information
Great sales rep. knows his product follows up enquiries and is good to his word.
Installers are efficient polite and clean up after their finished.
We needed extra time to pay the full amount after installation and this was no problem. After running into issues trying to get the meter box installed Space Solar completed the negotiation for us. The installation was completed within 10 days of agreeing the contract, the install team were very professional and efficient and the system has been running effectively from day 1. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Space Solar to my best friends. Show additional information
My experience was good as i was able to select the most appropriate company. The tips given by this website were most useful and practical, Show additional information
I did a fair bit of research and your website was great. As when you get your quotes back everyone has a slightly different product, system size and price. I went with Steve from Solar space because he was informative, he showed me the quality of the brackets using good quality panels and they use their own installers.

The installers were great nice neat job and very accommodating with placement of the inverter.

Only had system installed recently so cannot comment on efficiency at this time so time will tell.
One was first to contact me by email, but did not further follow up, no phone calls, no further emails, very poor I thought. Very happy with Space Solar, quick to get back to me with any queries. After receiving a second quote from a different company (who didn't bother to come out but did follow up with phone calls), I asked for a comparison price from Space Solar for the equivalent Panels and Inverter and they still came out better than the original quote. At this stage I am waiting on the Inspector from my Energy Provider as well as there paperwork (which hasn't been emailed to me after 10 days). I am following up on that tomorrow, bit annoyed that they still charge me a "new" connection fee after getting by the time it is all signed off on about 40 days of "my" power from the panels. Eagerly awaiting my first couple of bills to see what sort of saving I am making. All in all very happy I went with Space Solar, turned up on day they said and completed in 6-8 hours, no broken tiles and looks good. I am glad I did some research on Inverters and Panels on your website first. Show additional information
Appreciated the unpressured approach from Space Solar and the honest answers to questions I had. Show additional information
Everything went smoothly from beginning to end..
We did not have to chase them up about anything, and it was no problem to change a couple of things from the original quote.
The customer service from everyone involved was excellent.
Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend that company to others.
Thank you very much for your help.
Great service as I was offered with a couple of different options between using micro inverters or string inverter combine with optimisers due to having a big tree which is causing a lot of shades in the morning. No pressure as to which system I have to choose. Your website is so informative and helps me a lot in making my decision. Thanks. Show additional information
Out of the 3 quotes I got, Space Solar were the only ones who actually came out and sat down with me to discuss the options and answer all of my questions. I also got honest answers to tricky questions that I already knew the answers too. Of the other two suppliers, one was a bit ignorant in answering some of the questions and the other was just flat out wrong and refused to be corrected! So it was very pleasant to sit down with Michael from Space Solar who took the time to model out panel placements, discuss cable routing, look for potential issues on the roof, etc. Had this not occurred then I wouldn't have realised that I needed to have my TV antenna moved to my south-facing roof to fit more panels on, which would have resulted in various installation difficulties.

The installation of my 11.4kW system was completed by 6 guys in a single day without any dramas and we are now producing more than twice the power we actually consume!

The only minor negative is that I never got a phone call a few days out to confirm the date of installation, but it all went ahead on the initial planned date when I signed on the dotted line anyway. Lead time was about 3.5 weeks.
Had a bad experience with their sales person, but he has now left the Company. Service has much improved. Show additional information
Went with Space Solar ...Self installation Company swayed our decision Show additional information
They took the time to work out exactly what we wanted and were flexible on the day of installation to deal with some wiring placement issues. The system has been working well since. Biggest problem appears to be with getting our meter changed, as thats down to the energy supplier, who seems to like taking their time about it.

I now have the ability to measure power usage and generation every 10 minutes and use that to automatically control some big loads in the house. The energy bill should more than halve as a result.
All went very well.
The Smart Meter connection was a little bit tricky... but this wasn't Space solar's fault.
Installed 10kw system in March 18, they not the cheapest but i checked review online and most of them are very positive. so I decide to go with them.

After two weeks, the system shut down with an error code, contacted space solar, no one in their office be able to tell me why. Later on spoke with one of their technician which told me he going to come and check the system this afternoon. No one show up, after spend 10k on the system, it stop working in two weeks.. very disappointed, their phone goes to voice mail and no one get back to me yet...

3/05/2018
The technician came and inspected the system, but can't identify the issue. However, the system back online after restart the system. Since then I received multiple phone call and asking me to change the review, which i did on the 4th May.

The system were not generate as much power as before, the space solar technician told me to wait until Summer and if still not generate enough then they will came out and check again. However, they insist for me to remove my review for now as system is working in their view.

I found out, after the system had been installed, that the grid voltage at my house frequently exceeds the regulation of 253 v max. Consequently the inverter frequently trips because of high AC grid voltage.
Some week since the installation date and 5 days since complaining to United Energy (U E) I am still waiting for U E to commence a recorded check of the voltage - a precursor, I was advised, before they will take any corrective action. To date therefore the solar system has been practically worthless--- the periods it has been shut down have exceeded those when it has been generating.
The message to any body considering solar is to first check whether the voltage at your residence complies with Australian regulations of 230 v + 10%, - 5%.

The quality of Space Solar's work was fine but communications on technical aspects was a bit tortuous because English is a 2nd language to some of their personnel.