• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar , Solar Installers

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems.

Based in Yagoona, our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients across New South Wales.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

Space Solar Solar Reviews

I believe seeing the sales person on site is valuable for both of you. It sets up a relationship. Its not good for a salesperson to run down an alternative solution, and then say we could have quoted on that if you really wanted that solution. How was I to know what solution I wanted when I started this? Price is not the only decision determinator as some think. A little more honest information and comparison may help some vendors. Show additional information
Great pre-sales experience with Steve. He lives locally and was very accommodating in terms of dropping by whenever I had any questions. Dealing with the company was straight forward. The installers arrived on the day and hour that they said they would were very friendly and agreeable to locating inverters in the desired location. They appeared to have done a great job (though I was not at all keen on going up on the roof to closely inspect their work however :p) System has only been live for a couple of weeks, but is exceeding my expectations in terms of power generated.

I am not yet connected to the grid, so the experience is not yet complete, but I believe that Steve and the team have managed all the required paperwork in order for that to proceed.

A brief and genuine thanks to SolarQuotes who has made this whole process extremely instructive and educational as well as greatly simplifying the entire procedure.
Excellent service Show additional information
Very professional knowledgeable company, answered all of my questions on the spot. Discussed many options with no pressure to go one way or another. Lots of advice regarding the most suitable installation and good quality components. Installation was very efficient, no headaches. Show additional information
Great site - thanks for the tips. Show additional information
Well just in testing phase now as it has only been one day since installing... Show additional information
The installation, by Mike and his off-sider was efficiently and cheerfully done in half a day. The planned siting of the panels was done from a satellite photo but when Mike saw the house and its neighbours he re-arranged, in discussion with me, the panels for optimum exposure. His explanation of the system was clear and the final signing-off was patiently done. Show additional information
Hamza from Space Solar was the first to give me a call back. He did a site visit for a more accurate quote and walked me through the process. He was very responsive and more than happy to answer all my questions and concerns. They also provided the lowest price and their installers are in house (i.e. not subcontracted). My solar PV system has been installed for less than a week and working as expected --- my 5.8kW panels (NE & NW) and 5kW inverter produced 24kWh during a sunny autumn day with a peak power of 4.7kW. Show additional information
The two lnstallers that worked at my home from the time they started & finished they were professional & had absolutely the best manners and we're clean from start to finish. Show additional information
Space solar did an excellent job. They provided all the information required, were responsive and followed through. Show additional information
Installation:- We agreed on and were quoted a 3 phase hybrid system. When the installers came down they did not have the 3 phase inverter so they mounted the panels and did some of the board wiring. Just as they were about to leave I noticed they had only wired the board for a single phase system. I pointed this out to them which caused a little consternation. After about 10 days they bought down the inverter, mounted it and rewired the board for 3 phase. However even though the net meter was included in the initial quote it is still to be installed.
About 4 days ago another electrician arrived to install the net meter but after about 5 min. he left without installing the meter and sent his apprentice in to tell me they had bought the wrong meter ( single phase??) and would come back another time when they got the right meter. So we still don't have a net outflow measurement.
I can honestly not fault anything with Space Solar. They were the first of the three companies to contact us and their salesman (Jackson) came out for a site inspection 2 hours later. He was very knowledgeable, gave great advice and there was no pressure sales pitch at all. We settled on the panels and inverter (Trina and Fronius) that even the other two suppliers agreed were best for our needs. This left the final decision of who to go with (price and service) very easy. The installation day was cancelled due to terrible weather but they came the next day and everything went smoothly. Show additional information
Installation was quick (3 hrs) and efficient in extremely poor weather. The guys were friendly and very obliging to explain any questions asked of them. Show additional information
I found them to be thorough.
The issue that i had was apparently we were supposed to get a meter installed for the solar (not a smart meter, a solar meter according to the person who installed the smart meter), regardless, i cannot complain about the install and the post service so far.
All three prospects gave excellently set out proposals. Between them they covered all options. All were stated to be "Battery Storage Ready" (although we intend to leave this until after our return from Europe in 6 months).
First cab off the rank was SOLARPRO of Manly Vale. They came to the site and then offered 4 otpions, essentially 2 different panel options (8 Jinko Smart 260W or 7 LG NeON2 320W) each with 2 inverter options (SolarEdge inverter with Solar Edge Optimisers or Fronius string inverter). Prices (after rebate) ranged from $5824 to $4334.
Next was EXPERT SOLAR Services Pty Ltd of Concord who also visited the site. Their offer was for Solar Edge inverter and Optimisers with 8 REC 280W panels. Price quoted (after rebate) was $6481.
Final quote was from SPACESOLAR of Chatswood. They did not visit the site, working entirely from Google Earth. Their offer was for 8 Trina Honey 290W panels with Enphase Microinverters, with price (after rebate) of $4,849.
In the end I chose the SpaceSolar offer - neither the cheapest not the dearest. I chose the Microinverter system as I felt the 240AC Volts from the panel was a safer electrical option than the others which all ran high-voltage DC current from Panel to Inverter/Controller.
I add I was personally intrigued by the Microinverter system as I am about to fit (myself) 1600W of solar panels to my 22m canal barge in Europe and the 240V from Roof to Engine room seems both a safer option and one more readily scalable (ie with easy potential to add more panels later).
Installation was professional and the staff cheery and cooperative.
Space Solar were excellent.

The salesperson (Dave P.) helped me all the way through the process from determining which panels to select, accurately calculating the output I would get, through to after sales follow up service. Space Solar determined the number of panels on my roof, and thanks to their configuration I was able to get more panels on the roof than what the other companies calculated who were competing for this job.

The installation team came on time, and spent most of the day installing the panels - the seemed like a very professional team.

Its now 12 months since the installation and we've just completed an inspection by the government dept that conducts random quality spot checks on the work the solar companies do (I think this relates to the rebate process), and their feedback was "this is one of the best systems and installations he had seen – one of the few that were 100% complaint" - which was excellent news.

Thank you for the glowing review Gareth. It is good to hear that the report from ORER was positive.
Please do not hesitate to be in contact with our office or Dave with any further requests however small regarding the operation and management of your solar system.
Due to some sort of communication problem between the office and sales man I had to ring 3 weeks later to find out why I hadn't heard from anyone as I was told id be contacted within a week. I was contacted the next day and booked in 2 weeks away, I was then contacted and told I had to wait a further 2 weeks to have the system installed as the bad weather had the company behind. I still have no system some 7 weeks after shaking hands, so feeling a little frustrated as this quarter continues and my bill grows.

We sincerely apologise that your installation has been delayed twice. Sydney has just experienced the wettest March in 30 years and we are not able to conduct installations on rainy days due to safety compliance. We move all of our future installations in order for fairness. I hope that once your system is on you will be so pleased with the result that you will excuse the delay. Thanks. Show additional information
Awesome experience and very friendly and professional team. Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you for your feedback Ali! Show additional information
Install was 3 weeks later than quoted. The friendly and professional workforce were not aware of the latest panel install config on roof and questioned it. Wanting to put all panels together via an East and West split.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our installation team Gary. Much appreciated. We apologise that your installation was delayed but are pleased that the most efficient solar design could be achieved on the day of installation after a couple of slight arrangement tweaks. Please don't hesitate to communicate with us regarding the ongoing operation and monitoring of your system. We look forward to your feedback.
Kind regards
Thanks for the quotes I selected one and will be installed in two weeks Again l appreciate your professional manner and feed back.

Thank you for your compliments Gary. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance regarding the operation of your system or reading of your updated bills post solar installation. Show additional information
Service great. Installation delayed by rain which was ok as I didn't want people falling off the roof.

Thank you for your understanding regarding the weather conditions. Show additional information
The installers arrived exactly on time on the day they said they would. They were polite, informative, professional and worked quietly and efficiently. The panels etc. were installed faster than I had expected and they did a good job. They cleaned up any debris they had created before they left. I can really recommend this company they have terrific customer service and products.

Please do not use my Surname if use my review on your website
Cheers

Thank you very much Sally. We are pleased that your experience with all of our staff was so positive. Please let us know when we can be of further assistance. Show additional information
The Space Solar sales guy was most helpful, guiding me through the various options he thought might address what I had in mind. He taught me a lot about solar power generating options along the way! No hard sell, just expert advice.

The installation guys arriving right on the appointed time, did an excellent installation job, tidied up after finishing and then spent time setting up the Enphase Enlighten monitoring account. The technician spent time to make sure that I was comfortable with using the monitoring system.
The system has not been installed yet but so far my experience has been good. Show additional information
Very professional outfit and. Very helpful and courteous customer service, without being too pushy. Show additional information
Spacesolar over promised on delivery and the system was installed after Christmas, not before, perhaps understandable. Inverters and panels are the very latest technology and as per the quotation. They did not do a site survey and misunderstood the power switchboard. The site crew were capable but not fully technically competent. The installers replaced tiles cheerfully that were already damaged or broke during the installation of the panel mounts. They left the site very tidy, set up the Enphase Myenlighten and explained the system and app.

Overall very satisfied.
I already provided my feedback, immediately after the installation, and I can only confirm the impression. Show additional information
Space Solar installers very courteous ,neat ,tidy cleaned up after finishing, Have rated space good, in say 12 months can compare electricity bill, and savings are as suggested would only too pleased to up grade rating to fantastic , Now waiting for Mojo power to install smart meter, { on reading yesterdays heralds report on solar meter installations long waiting period } We hope Mojo waiting period is as promised. regards Phil Show additional information
Victor was one of two companies who visited the site to complete the quote. As a customer and an engineer, I found it difficult to agree to a quotation from call centre quote staff who had aerial records only to work from. The installation was equally professional. I have no hesitation in recommending the Space Solar team. Show additional information
While pleased with the solar system & installation, there were a couple of things which could have been better explained and highlighted.

1. Shading. Didn't realise until installed just how sensitive the solar panels are to any shading. Having no experience with solar panels, had thought that if most of the sun was reaching the panels, there would be no major issues. Boy was I wrong!

There is a tree off to the side of the house which shuts down power generation in the peak hours in the middle hours of the day. Also clouds, changing angle of the sun (sun has to be well above the horizon), all have a major impact i.e. 70-100% of the power generation is lost.

These impacts could & should have been better explained.

2. Smart meter installation.
Two of the companies quoting for solar installation had recommended mojo power. From my view, while their rates appear reasonable, the main attraction was the free installation of a smart meter.
Turns out mojo is very slow to get around to installation of the meter. Best information can get from mojo is that it will take roughly 12 weeks from application to get the meter installed.

In the meantime, have paid for the solar panels, & am not going to get paid a cent for the power generated for months.

While the meter installation & mojo performance is not under the control of the solar installers, it would have been preferable to know that if use mojo, start the application 2-3 months in advance of getting the panels installed.
I found Dave at Space Solar very knowledgable, helpful and easy to deal with. Show additional information
Installation is set for 22nd Dec.
Chose a 3.36kW system using Trina panels and Sungrow 5kW invertor (keeping our existing 1.5kW of panels).
The Project manager, Mr Guo, offered us the system consisting of twelve Q-Cells Q.Pro G4 265 panels and a Fronius Primo 3.0-1 inverter, but they ran out of the stock so they installed Primo 4.0-1, at the same price. Nice touch, isn't it? The installers have been both rofessional, skilful and helpful. Since they installed it only recently, I'll add more impressions in a month or so. Josip Show additional information
We were inundated with information quotes and options. It was very hard deciding exactly what option, let alone deciding on a supplier. Ultimately we went with the supplier who was most adaptable and flexible in responding to our requests for alternative quotes and systems and who showed us just how the preferred system could fit on our roof. Show additional information
The assistance provided by Solar Quotes was invaluable in selecting both a system and an installer. I have only good things to say about Space Solar - both the sales team and the installation team. Show additional information