• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar , Solar Installers

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

Our NSW office is located at D3/ 101 Rookwood Rd, Yagoona NSW 2199

Our VIC office is located at U3/ 8 Samantha Court, Knoxfield VIC 3180

Space Solar Solar Reviews

Salesperson was helpful and honest. Did not push.
Installation was seamless and the system is going great.
Just waiting for origin energy to install the solar net meter.
I went with the company that had the sales rep come to my property instead of just sending quote and photos. Salesman was available to answer all my questions as they came up. The head office was very helpful when it came to helping me fill out the application for a new meter box. Great communication and follow up from the head office before during and after the installation. Installation was prompt, great communication with the installers. After installation the team went through all aspects of the system. I would strongly recommend some monitoring system to keep track of the system on your phone from anywhere, so glad I did this. So far, very happy with the system, the sales rep, the head office support and the installation. Show additional information
We still are waiting on the net meter from Origin, so we don’t know how efficient it may be. Show additional information
Installation team had very poor English language skills . Very hard workers but hard to communicate with clearly . Show additional information
I have had my system in 6 weeks now, and now I can give an honest review of the company. This is the review of the Victorian Office.

The system was installed by a crew whose first language is not english, this lead to communication misunderstandings, and I was not shown how to monitor the system, a service password has been set that I do not know, and thus I don't understand how to really monitor the system, I have tried to teach myself via youtube, but really I shouldn't have to do that, plus again they set passwords on the system I don't know, thus unable to make any changes to the system. In addition my roof was damaged upon installation, and now I have to get plaster and paintwork fixed. They have said they will pay, but based upon the amount of times I try to contact them and they do not get back to me, I am not confident this will happen.

I got a smart meter installed a few weeks after , so I could properly monitor the system, and it is yet to work as they didn't install it correctly, I have emailed and called a number of times, but I don't get replies and you don't get follow ups, You get told some one will get back out soon, but then nothing. Again I cant fix it, due to them setting passwords I dont know about.

I even asked about purchasing a battery system, but still no reply.

I would not recommend this company as they don't communicate well, and you don't get good backup or follow up service. I feel customer service is NOT their focus, they sell you a system, do not show you how it works, and when things do not work as intended, they don't get back to you. I will hate to think if something goes wrong with the system the fight I will have to go through to get them to fix it.

Thus my summary is go for another company, that will treat you right, and explain everything to you , and not leave you unsatisfied.
Great Service and the system is working quite well and generating enough power for the day as promised. Need to wait for the first bill to check the difference. Show additional information
The company does not follow through and needs to be prompted Show additional information
Communication with the installers was a real issue. English was obviously not their first language and they seemed reluctant to talk at all. Had a real issue with them not finishing on the scheduled day and then uncertainty about when it would be completed.
On value for money. Well another company (not on you list) quoted the same panels but with micro inverters in lieu of a string inverter. Taking out the inverter cost differential they were still some $3500 more expensive. Space solar's cost was otherwise marginally better (5%) than the others.
Five Stars For Space Solar

I have met up with a couple of solar system installers when I was researching for an optimum system for my house.
It is a fact that all of them represent different brands which in my opinion, is very similar if they are within the same price range - what is important is the customer service and knowledge of the installer which I find most solid with the Space Solar team.
The sales executive, Mr. Sri Kanth Reddy was knowledgeable and honest when recommending the appropriate solar system for my house – he was very accommodating to my endless questions and managed to clear all my concerns satisfactorily.
The sales manager, Mr Victor has also provided me with good service, post installation as I was having some difficulties with the electricity distributor - he was always at a phone call away until the issue is resolved.
Good experience with the team and I will recommend that all potential buyers to give Sri of Space Solar a call before making any purchase decision - you will thank me for it.
Currently waiting for installation. Graeme from space Solar took the time to make several visits to the house and explained thoroughly the pros and cons of mono vs poly panels and micro inverters vs string inverter and getting the right system to meet our needs. No pressure applied to buy either type. All questions answered honestly and very easy to deal with to date. Prepared to negotiate a little on price as well. Will provide an update after installation. Show additional information
Great sales rep. knows his product follows up enquiries and is good to his word.
Installers are efficient polite and clean up after their finished.
We needed extra time to pay the full amount after installation and this was no problem. After running into issues trying to get the meter box installed Space Solar completed the negotiation for us. The installation was completed within 10 days of agreeing the contract, the install team were very professional and efficient and the system has been running effectively from day 1. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Space Solar to my best friends. Show additional information
My experience was good as i was able to select the most appropriate company. The tips given by this website were most useful and practical, Show additional information
I did a fair bit of research and your website was great. As when you get your quotes back everyone has a slightly different product, system size and price. I went with Steve from Solar space because he was informative, he showed me the quality of the brackets using good quality panels and they use their own installers.

The installers were great nice neat job and very accommodating with placement of the inverter.

Only had system installed recently so cannot comment on efficiency at this time so time will tell.
One was first to contact me by email, but did not further follow up, no phone calls, no further emails, very poor I thought. Very happy with Space Solar, quick to get back to me with any queries. After receiving a second quote from a different company (who didn't bother to come out but did follow up with phone calls), I asked for a comparison price from Space Solar for the equivalent Panels and Inverter and they still came out better than the original quote. At this stage I am waiting on the Inspector from my Energy Provider as well as there paperwork (which hasn't been emailed to me after 10 days). I am following up on that tomorrow, bit annoyed that they still charge me a "new" connection fee after getting by the time it is all signed off on about 40 days of "my" power from the panels. Eagerly awaiting my first couple of bills to see what sort of saving I am making. All in all very happy I went with Space Solar, turned up on day they said and completed in 6-8 hours, no broken tiles and looks good. I am glad I did some research on Inverters and Panels on your website first. Show additional information
Appreciated the unpressured approach from Space Solar and the honest answers to questions I had. Show additional information
Everything went smoothly from beginning to end..
We did not have to chase them up about anything, and it was no problem to change a couple of things from the original quote.
The customer service from everyone involved was excellent.
Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend that company to others.
Thank you very much for your help.
Great service as I was offered with a couple of different options between using micro inverters or string inverter combine with optimisers due to having a big tree which is causing a lot of shades in the morning. No pressure as to which system I have to choose. Your website is so informative and helps me a lot in making my decision. Thanks. Show additional information
Out of the 3 quotes I got, Space Solar were the only ones who actually came out and sat down with me to discuss the options and answer all of my questions. I also got honest answers to tricky questions that I already knew the answers too. Of the other two suppliers, one was a bit ignorant in answering some of the questions and the other was just flat out wrong and refused to be corrected! So it was very pleasant to sit down with Michael from Space Solar who took the time to model out panel placements, discuss cable routing, look for potential issues on the roof, etc. Had this not occurred then I wouldn't have realised that I needed to have my TV antenna moved to my south-facing roof to fit more panels on, which would have resulted in various installation difficulties.

The installation of my 11.4kW system was completed by 6 guys in a single day without any dramas and we are now producing more than twice the power we actually consume!

The only minor negative is that I never got a phone call a few days out to confirm the date of installation, but it all went ahead on the initial planned date when I signed on the dotted line anyway. Lead time was about 3.5 weeks.
Had a bad experience with their sales person, but he has now left the Company. Service has much improved. Show additional information
Went with Space Solar ...Self installation Company swayed our decision Show additional information
They took the time to work out exactly what we wanted and were flexible on the day of installation to deal with some wiring placement issues. The system has been working well since. Biggest problem appears to be with getting our meter changed, as thats down to the energy supplier, who seems to like taking their time about it.

I now have the ability to measure power usage and generation every 10 minutes and use that to automatically control some big loads in the house. The energy bill should more than halve as a result.
All went very well.
The Smart Meter connection was a little bit tricky... but this wasn't Space solar's fault.
Installed 10kw system in March 18, they not the cheapest but i checked review online and most of them are very positive. so I decide to go with them.

After two weeks, the system shut down with an error code, contacted space solar, no one in their office be able to tell me why. Later on spoke with one of their technician which told me he going to come and check the system this afternoon. No one show up, after spend 10k on the system, it stop working in two weeks.. very disappointed, their phone goes to voice mail and no one get back to me yet...

3/05/2018
The technician came and inspected the system, but can't identify the issue. However, the system back online after restart the system. Since then I received multiple phone call and asking me to change the review, which i did on the 4th May.

The system were not generate as much power as before, the space solar technician told me to wait until Summer and if still not generate enough then they will came out and check again. However, they insist for me to remove my review for now as system is working in their view.

I found out, after the system had been installed, that the grid voltage at my house frequently exceeds the regulation of 253 v max. Consequently the inverter frequently trips because of high AC grid voltage.
Some week since the installation date and 5 days since complaining to United Energy (U E) I am still waiting for U E to commence a recorded check of the voltage - a precursor, I was advised, before they will take any corrective action. To date therefore the solar system has been practically worthless--- the periods it has been shut down have exceeded those when it has been generating.
The message to any body considering solar is to first check whether the voltage at your residence complies with Australian regulations of 230 v + 10%, - 5%.

The quality of Space Solar's work was fine but communications on technical aspects was a bit tortuous because English is a 2nd language to some of their personnel.
Installation was done wrong and had to be changed. Left framework of wrong installation still on roof. Many cracked tiles. System not working to performance expected 70% efficency instead of sold 80%. No follow up so far from company to check all is working as was dark when finished on the day. Waited 2 weeks for safety checks. Still waiting for paperwork and meter reconfiguration so not sure how long. Sales person Frank was very good.

Sorry for the installation issue. I believe we resolved it in the end. The output of your system varies depending on the day and on the season because of the angle of the sun onto the panels. You can track it on the monitoring software. Independent inspectors work on their own schedules, but we try to make sure everything is in a timely manner. Thanks for the feedback and feel free to contact us about anything. Show additional information
The installers did everything they could to make adjustments to ensure I was completely satisfied with the panel positioning. Some of the workers were not proficient in English but were accompanied by ones that were so that was fine. Although queries were difficult by telephone enquiry, email correspondence proved very effective. Show additional information
Solar Installation

During October 2017 I asked for and received 7 quotes for a domestic rooftop solar installation to supplement a 3-phase supply. Two quotes were received from Origin Energy (which is my current retailer); 3 quotes from other installers in my area; and 2 quotes from installers recommended by Solar Quotes (one of the 3 initially recommended did not respond).

I chose Space Services Solar Pty Ltd mainly on the basis of competitive and realistic cost, and quality of equipment. The equipment tendered included 20 x 300W Trina Mono DD05A-08C117 panels and a 5 kW Fronius 3-phase inverter for a good price. Solar metering was included, but a refund of $300 would apply if the retailer did the net metering. Work was expected to commence in 3-4 weeks. I accepted this quote and paid a deposit on 26/10/17 (Day 0).

Due to delays in importing the inverters, actual installation work was carried out in one day on 21/12/17 (Day 56). However, on that day I was informed that as of 01/12/17 Origin had changed its policy regarding net meters so that Space Solar could not do it and I had to apply to Origin for it to be done.

I did phone Origin on 21/12/17 but they required an application form to be completed. This form proved to have been designed for another purpose so it took some time to figure out how to fill it in to their satisfaction. On 18/01/18 Origin confirmed they had raised a reference number for their subsidiary Acumen to change my metering setup and complete the work within 30 business days (which would be before 2/03/18). That day came and went and eventually Acumen did the metering work on 11/04/18 (Day 167).

Meanwhile I had to choose a new electricity supply plan. I chose Origin's Solar Boost Plan which gave a 15 cent/kWh feed in tariff. Origin has a plan that gives 17 cents/kWh but only if Origin does the solar installation.

Satisfaction: Space Solar High
Origin Low
Reading the new meter Complex
At the end of the day, there are a lot of pressure merchants in the Solar business. Spacesolar didn’t pressure me to buy, however, they were very good at making sure I purchased a good system.
Good value for money.
We are happy with the system so far, generating good power, in fact, more power than our average daily consumption.

The Installation team were efficient, they were also quite polite and reasonable.

In hindsight there are some things I wish were told regarding the system before installation (Given this was our first Solar installation)

- The importance of aesthetics of the panels, in our case the roof is visible from the road, so it would have been good to run through the looks of different panel options
- an overview of monitoring options post install

1.5 months later we are still awaiting the net metering be installed to get the feed-in tariff, although this is with the energy retailer (nothing to do with space solar).

Overall we are happy with Space solar - and a special thanks to the installation team who did a great job.