• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar , Solar Installers

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

Our NSW office is located at D3/ 101 Rookwood Rd, Yagoona NSW 2199

Our VIC office is located at U3/ 8 Samantha Court, Knoxfield VIC 3180

Space Solar Solar Reviews

All went smoothly and to plan. Would recommend to others.

Thanks for providing the companies to quote, all turned up on time and presented their cases in a professional manner.

This was of great help to me. We learnt a lot throughout this process.
James explained the whole process when quote was done so there were no surprises.
Installers were on time explained what they were going to do and were very polite, they cleaned up everything when they were finished.
Overall am very happy with everything.
The system was installed on Saturday 18/11/2017
The installers left rubbish inside and around the switchboard, broke several roof tiles, left broken tiles on the roof.
The workmanship was quite poor
The system was not tested due to the time of the afternoon the install was completed and this morning (Sunday 18/11/2017) the system does not appear to be functioning at all.
I also received a quote from SolarTech, the information that I received with their quote was far superior to that of any other quote. In the end I judged the quality of their system equal if not marginally better than that of Space Solar but for me not enough to justify the extra price. Show additional information
Overall we are very impressed with Space Solar, even though they were a little slow out of the blocks - but then so was the turtle!
Their people fully discussed our needs and sized and most importantly placed the system to achieve maximum output for us.
Their install team turned up on time on the nominated day and worked like beavers till the job was done. Very courteous men who left nothing behind when they were finished. The foreman made sure we fully understood the operation of the system and also completed all the paperwork before he left.
Since installation we have received one power bill, and that covered just one month of the quarter. Our net cost for that quarter dropped significantly and we expect a close to nil cost for the current quarter.
We appreciated the input and assistance that Solar Quotes provided along the way, and this helped us cut through the sales pitches of the contenders to achieve the outcome we were looking for. Your web site provided valuable information about panel and inverter manufacturers, and this allowed us to make an informed technical evaluation of what we were being offered. A big thank you to Finn and his team.
Having a salesperson make the effort to come on site was valuable.
Valuable information was gained by this personal service.
Steve Burgess from Space Solar knows his business and is a pleasure to deal with.
Installation is slightly delayed due to unavailability of chosen inverter.
There has been some delay getting meter switched over. I suppose the power company is to blame for this. Show additional information
Not yet installed after 1 month. Awaiting new shipment of Fronius inverters, due early December.
? increased demand at present.
Haven’t got the meter yet Show additional information
The installation of solar panels by Space Solar was highly professional and l would have no hesitation in recommending the company. Show additional information
Still to have it installed, so can't comment on installation or customer service.

Decided to spend the additional on Fronius inverter and Trina panels
The other person you suggested for a quote Solarwind Renewables was quite unhelpful and seems disinterested. His communication skills were very poor. Space solar were the opposite and thank you for their recommendation. Show additional information
Installation is scheduled for this Friday so can't comment on related aspects. Show additional information
I am taking this opportunity now that the installation of our PV array is complete and connected to the grid to provide some feedback on the overall performance of Space Solar.

Space Solar and importantly through the commitment, professionalism and product knowledge of the salesperson Jackson Munro inspired a high degree of confidence in Space Solar and it was this and not solely price that ultimately got me over the line.

Jackson Munro's willingness to address issues and answer questions in a timely manner should also be commended.

The Space Solar team that arrived as promised on the agreed installation day (on time) headed by Andy once again reinforced in my mind the fact that I had made the right decision to go with Space Solar.

Andy like Jackson took the time to go through the installation process and how to overcome some of the cable routing issues that where identified in the initial sales visits.

The installation was completed in one day(again as promised) and Andy made sure that he did the handover prior to departing despite the fact he and his team had put in a solid days work.

The level two electrician installed the net meter on the agreed date again as promised and also did a proper handover.

All in all a very professional job done by all concerned and I would not hesitate in recommending your company Space Solar to any interested parties.
I installed a 9kw system on the 1st July 2017 and still I haven't got my meter upgrade to a net meter and the system is feeding in for nothing. If the installers include the meter upgrade for a reasonable price it will be great not over $700. Show additional information
Best price, knowledgeable sales people. Installation crew all a Chinese mainlanders who couldn't speak any English and explain how anything worked. After sales service verybslow. Remote monitoring Owl quite inaccurate so no idea if I am saving money or not until my first bill arrives. Show additional information
Space Solar installation team were great. Installed the system the way I wanted it without fuss. The install is not sub contracted out which I think is better. Show additional information
The panels have been producing about 12kw a day so I am pleased with this. I will be pleased to get connected to the grid with net metering so I can see what I am using and what is going to the grid. The 3 guys who came to install very polite and they took away all their rubbish. The head installer seemed quite knowledgeable and was able answer any questions I had. Show additional information
After the automatic system on Solar Quotes failed me I got my own quotes from three suppliers in the Solar Quotes top 10 that serviced my area. Space Solar offered the best price / product mix - there was actually a lower quote, but they couldn't match the Space Solar price for the same panels and slightly larger system (5kW vs 5.4kW).

The sales person was very helpful, and he came out to do a site inspection before we signed the contract. He was a bit confused by my smart meter which had recently been installed by Ausgrid (via Powershop), as he was expecting to see a "net export" label of some sort. He said he would follow up with his electrician, but I also did my own search and told him I was pretty sure the meter supported net export.

It only took 3 weeks from contract signing to getting the installation done (less than a week from grid connection approval). I was initially a bit concerned as the installer seemed to be surprised by both the meter and also the three-phase power - the three-phase power clearly being marked on the contract. After that though the installation was professional, they did a great job in cleanly installing the inverter and panels and had the system commissioned about 6 hours after they started.

At the end there was some more confusion, the installer said I would have to contact my grid provider to get set up for Feed-In. I contacted Space Solar by email to confirm and it took a follow up to get a response that they would handle this part. I was pretty sure they would already, but it was a slightly unclear part of the process at the end.

So, overall, very happy with the pre-sales contact, product, and installation. Post-sales communication was slightly worse, but certainly not something that would stop me from recommending Space Solar in the future.
The three installers that you sent to quote for us provided a very professional service. All three provided similar dollar figures, options for components and heaps of information about their products. I selected Space Solar because, using information from Solar Quotes and irradiation data from an engineer friend, I felt most confident with their design. The Space Solar representative also was the first to contact me and offered to visit my premises very shortly after. I had many questions which he always answered promptly and in detail. In addition the installation team appeared very efficient and liaised with me during the installation.

The system was only installed 5 days ago but appears to be working at least as well as indicated in our original information and discussions.

If I had any suggestions it would be for more information about issues in relation to the electricity retailers when changing to a solar system.
The manager came around more than once to explain and made you feel at ease. Explained the whole process and could fit in with our time frames. Show additional information
Installation took place on time and as promised. A clean, straight forward process. Installers were employed by Space Solar as opposed to contractors. This gave me more confidence in the quality of the work. Show additional information
Extremely happy with the whole process which was made easier by your help, Show additional information
It hasn't been installed yet, but we were very impressed with James, apart from being the cheapest, by approx $2000 - $3000 he seemed the most knowledgeable and explained everything to us. He always replied to emails and always returns calls. Hopefully the installation goes to plan. Show additional information
Solar Consultant Steve Burgess was very informative, friendly and professional.
He visited twice and on the second visit designed with me how/where the solar system would fit on the roof and the best position for the inverter.
The different makes of panels and inverters were discussed, together with system size, in order for me to get the best value for money system for my circumstances.
The istallation team was efficient, clean, polite, cooperative and professional completing the task within five hours.
Net metering was completed two days after the solar panel installation.
Seems a very professional company, Am convinced 10 year warranty on the Fronius inverter was essential, lots of other companies only offered 5 years.
Early days so far, Panels installed three weeks ago and am still awaiting installation of smart meter. So far so good.
Regards
Keith Smith
This my one year { 10months } review, as mentioned in my original review would only be Too pleased to" upgrade" review, Space solar rep David was most informative ,suggesting that a change in energy supplier would be to our advantage, and we changed to Mojo Power , What a big difference to power bills, thanks David, system great and great savings all round, and would recommend Both David and Space solar ,However for one major problem, our concern with Space solar is their Office Managment, On or about the 10 of August 2017, i contacted Space solar ,as i had been away, members of my family became concerned that "maybe "the Rails that Panels connected to had lifted due to very windy conditions, spoke to a Office person and forwarded a photo of our roof and solar panel fixing, NOt one but several Phone calls and Photos, In my call to Space Solar mentioned that knowing they would be very busy ,i was prepared to wait for them to schedule an Inspection, Office person made mention that as soon as possible a Crew working close to our area would attend calling prior to arriving.To our great disappointment NOT a call from anyone, nothing at all, Now our concerns are if in the future a major problem or for that matter any queries arrises What will Space Solar response be as in this case, No response, This is a very alarming situation to be placed in after being so pleased with Space Solar to start with and now feel let down. As for their Office management communcatitions along with a difficulty such as an accent does not make matters any easier Show additional information
Impressed with representative and installers. Show additional information
After getting three responses from SolarQuotes, two sent email quotes and one visited our property. He promised to send some updated information but we never heard from him again. I then sought a quote from Space Solar who responded promptly and visited our home. After some initial concerns with some of the information provided, the Sales Manager - Jackson Munro - listened patiently to my points and was very helpful in response. Installation was ahead of the projected date, and was very smooth. The site was left clean and the installer worked through the computer set-up with me to make sure that it was operational. Since then, there have not been any problems and the system - 20 Trina 300 watt panels and S270 Enphase microinverters - is working better than projected output had indicated. We are very happy with the final result. Show additional information
These installers were so polite, professional and thorough. Sometimes tradies can be absolutely arrogant know-it-alls. These fellows were so accomodating. I told the head electrician I needed power to fridge and freezer in a blackout. The freezer was in a shed a fair distance from the house but he worked on it until he isolated the circuit and then tested it all before he ran me through the whole system. They replaced all my panels with Trina 300 watt panels for $2k less than the competition who were going to keep my old panels and add just 6 new ones. Very happy! Show additional information
One supplier did not wish to come to quote, preferring to do it via google earth and then told us they would honour the quotation if we were to decide that day to accept it. They have since rung back several times.
The other two were genuine and their prices were all the same but one indicated he could not hold the STC quotation because he was a small operator and could not afford to do so if the variation was too great. Hence we went with Space Solar but we would have been happy with either of these companies.They were helpful, arrived when they said they would and explained everything about the systems they were offering even down to showing us the fixings they would use to secure the panels to the roof.
After a great deal of research (Thanks Solar Quotes) I decided on Space Solar Pty Ltd. The main reasons I chose this company was (1) their background in commercial installations as well as residential. (2) They were prepared to visit the site and answer all of my question of which I asked many. (3) The representative that visited my home was extremely helpful in assisting me make a decision and was very knowledgeable. (4) Space Solar do not use sub contractors for their installations. Space Solar was not the cheapest that was offered but they were competitive and reasonably fair in price in my estimation. The installation was carried out in a professional manner and on the date advised. The system is running like clockwork and I am happy that it is performing beyond my expectations. If I moved and required a new system I would call them up without hesitation. I am a very satisfied customer. Show additional information
The Sales person explained everything about the system and was very polite and easy to deal with, the installation was done on time and without any problems, happy customer with Space Solar. Show additional information
Buying a Solar system is steep learning curve. Initially going for a battery system with back up. The second tenderer, even though they supplied a competitive price, actually advised against batteries at present. Checking your "Solar Quotes" site had the same advice.
Why I went with Space Solar -
James the salesman was always available or would contact me quickly If I had any questions.
James was the first to do a site inspection.
James is a salesman - he had to contact the engineering section to answer some of my questions, did not bluff his way through.
When we decided to go with the solar only (no batteries). Space Solar came back with the required quote.
The competitor said he would honor his initial quote for the required system. If I required a new quote it would be dearer because the CTC,s price had dropped. They also were adamant that the inverter and such had to be located at the house even though the panels would be on a detached backyard shed (mains power connected to shed) On reflection this might have been so as to install a reliable monitoring system.
Installation. Even though Space Solar is located in the Central Coast the crew came from Sydney a 2hr trip. A bit of a communication / accent problem, understanding questions raised, they being either Chinese or Korean. Cant fault hardware installation though, all aluminium and stainless steel fittings. Not being an electrician I cant comment on actual connection but finished job has a neat and tidy appearance. The drawback was that they could not guarantee that the "OWL"monitor system would work, so far from the modem (25mtr), so it was not installed. Awaiting Net meter to be installed, by Space Solar, to complete job.
Regards
Kevin
Salesman excellent, came to my home the next day, answered every question then gave specific advice on each. They honoured the STC's I was quoted at time of 1st quote even though they dropped markedly ($1800 value) before installation, unlike one local firm that quoted the new (lower) STC's 24 hours before the rates officially changed!!!
Space Solar kept me informed by phone and even installed a week earlier. The installation was superb and efficient. The system is running well and has exceeded my calculations and expectations.
Excellent price and installation. The installers were experienced and efficient.
Connecting up to the grid to get the FIT was more messy and I'd recommend to agree this clearly in writing as part of the contract.
Provided a good service. And the installation team were professional and efficient. They fitted an 18 panel system with a hybrid inverter. They also provided the necessary operating info and went through all the paperwork with regards to warranties, shutting down procedure in the event of an emergency and the maintenance of the solar panels . Would recommend their service. Show additional information