Space Solar

Space Solar Reviews

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

In NSW Space Solar operates under ABN 18 149 515 775, Space Solar Service Pty Ltd,  ACN 149 515 775.

In VIC Space Solar operates under Community Energy Group Pty Ltd and you can find their reviews here.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $4,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Space Solar Reviews (468)

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Very good solar company. Excellent products plus great service.

Professional Installer and qualify work.

The Sales process is smooth and all questions were answered and tailor made to a system that I want. The installation went very smooth, the installers consult how you want to run the cable to make sure you are happy to the way how the cable is run and where you would like the inverter to be installed. They explained in details where is a good location for the inverter.

Space Solar is excellent

Space Solar is excellent: great staff (sales, support, admin, installation) and products.

Had our original 6kW (20 * Trina 300w panels#) system installed early 2018.

In Jun 2021 expanded the system by +5.2kW (14 * Trina 370w panels#). #Each panel with its own Enphase (S270 in 2018 or IQ7+ in 2021) micro inverter.

The Enphase S-Envoy controller with the Enlighten monitoring app means we can really see how well the system is running.

Highly recommend Space Solar!!

What is a great 13.2kw solar system!

The sales person is quoted for the best price over all my other quotations. The 13.2kw solar system has been installed on 6 April 2021 and it was installed professionally clean and tidy. The solar system is very efficient to generate a plenty of electricity daily. The Solar Space did send the paper work to my grid for the solar application. I'm highly recommended to anyone is looking for the solar system installation from the Solar Space.

Original Review on 10-02-2019:

22 months later we asked Christine: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

good

Fantastic job

Fantastic company to deal with, fast and efficient. Good communication from quote to installation. Extremely happy.

Great system and very happy with their service

Daniel who provided us the quote was really helpful and talked through a few options before we came to our final system.
I did my own research here for the solar panel placements which was slightly different to their recommendations. We ended up going with micro-inverters due to the shading in our area, and it seems to be working well.

Pricing was very competitive and though installation was delayed due to weather, when the team arrived they were super efficient and really careful about the installation.

I'm happy I chose them and happy to recommend them.

Original Review on 05-03-2020:

Seamless

Sales tendering to spec and responsive
Installation on schedule and to good standard
Customer service excellent

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has performed to expectations and electricity bill for last 2 billing periods has been in slight credit

Excellent customer service

Daniel was an excellent communicator, took time to understand the requirements, never pushy and recommended a system suitable to the requirements. Always available to chat before and after the sales process.

The installers were punctual, polite and professional.

Original Review on 07-12-2019:

Prompt response from Sales and Installation team!

Daniel who provided us the quote was very helpful and passionate about solar. We ended up buying a larger system (15kw) than initially planned as we were told that our roof was ideal in orientation and pitch. May be useful when we get an electric car in future.
Installation team came as scheduled and completed the job on the same day. They also promptly fixed a mistake on the solar structure as soon as we informed them. We found Michael very competent and he came back on the day our service provider came to install the smart meter to commission the system.

11 months later we asked Lydia: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, we should have done this sooner. Thank you for your website which helped so much in making the purchasing of solar so much easier. Right now, we're just waiting for the battery technology and prices to come down so it will be able to store all the extra energy our system generates.

Great value and comprehensive service

The sales person was very helpful, and worked through methods of optimising and customising the system that other suppliers wouldn't consider.

Pricing was very competitive and installation was done on time by an efficient and friendly team.

Space Solar also assisted with the smart meter upgrade process and have been responsive to all my post-sales queries so far. I'm happy I chose them.

Fantastic installer and great to deal with

Fitted 10 kW system the staff are fantastic they were the first quote to return to me and the cheapest for the same product, always kept you informed a where it was up to and they are happy to answer any questions

Original Review on 20-11-2019:

Very Happy.

Very satisfied with the quotation and installation process , they were polite punctual and the working of the system explained thoroughly and extremely happy with the system to date. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jorge: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am very happy to date.

Excellent Service from Point of Sale to Installation

After much deliberation we decided to place solar on our roof. After speaking to several companies we meet with Steve from Space Solar, he was extremely knowledgeable and listened to what we expected and came back with various options to suit or demands for electricity and expectaions.

From point of contact to installation it has been a very positive experience. I would highly recommend reaching out to this company if you have any doubts about installing solar.

Service and installation a delight.

Very knowledgeable and efficient installers. Early days on using the panels but very happy with the whole process.

Original Review on 02-11-2019:

Great all round experience

Salesman friendly and knowledgeable, quoted current special and it fitted our requirements. All aspects of the install went as set out by the salesman. Team turned up on time as scheduled, work done efficiently, neatly and cleanly. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jeff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System still working well, now with the recent installation of a Tesla 13.5kW my system is complete and allowing 98% off grid during Winter

Original Review on 16-10-2019:

Great all round service

Sales rep came to our house, inspected site, recommended system size and panel placement and explained the quality of all parts of installation (not just panels and inverter) and explained why they are used. We were very impressed with his visit. Other suppliers just used internet to view dwelling and emailed quote.
Installers very very polite, punctual and professional. After installing they explained operation and demonstrated shutdown procedure, cleaned up when completed and explained what happened next.
Supplier notified energy supplier of installation and requested them to install meter

8 months later we asked Graham: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System running really well, was amazed at the savings, exceeded expectations

Original Review on 11-10-2019:

Effortless and easy

Alison was the Solar consultant and she was punctual, friendly but also professional at the same time and not pushy.
The installation was painless. The installers were very polite, punctual and tidy. After the installation there was nothing left behind to even indicate that they had been there working.
They advised me that they had contacted Origin who would contact me about the new grid connection, however that hasn’t happened yet (2weeks).

8 months later we asked Denise: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Sure has, even during the fires with so much smoke it still worked as normal. My electricity bills have been cut to less than half.

Original Review on 16-09-2019:

Everything went well with no problems

They got back to me very quickly with a quote and answered my multiple question patiently with and adjusted the quote a few times for my various options.
The installers turned up on time, installed it efficiently, gave me the bardic information and went through it with me and tidied up afterwards. I have had some follow up question which were all answered to my satisfaction and I am now watching my meter run backwards

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

In just over 6 months we have saved nearly $1000 from our previous bills (Gas & Electricity combined), despite buying and using an AC over summer (lost a lot of input due to smoke) and using electric heating instead of gas. Just waiting to see what the winter bill will be like. At this rate will pay for itself in about 4 years

Original Review on 16-09-2019:

Efficient and professional

The sales process was transparent and friendly. The installation was on time. efficient and undertaken by hardworking and friendly workers. The company did help organise the grid connection Original ratings

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, and the savings have turned out to be greater than I anticipated

Solar

Absolutely great service great workmanship, clean and very neat work I recommend this company

Quick and $1200 cheaper than the rest

Very happy with Space Solar. Good communication and great install

Original Review on 01-05-2019:

We already had Solar and were looking to add more. Companies had been ringing us for a while so we decided to get one of them to come and give us a quote. The salesman was pushy and wanted us to sign on the spot. He offered a 3KW system for $7,500. We signed up just to get rid of him, knowing there was a 10 day cooling off period. We used this time to get further quotes. The next one was cheaper - a 3.6KW system for $4,960. I then came across your website and asked for 3 solar quotes. I received just one from Shane at Space Solar. Shane was local and I realised I actually knew his wife. He was able to quote for a whole new 6.4KW system for under $5,000 including removing the old one which we would be able to sell. This way we would only have one inverter instead of two which is so much better. Needless to say, we cancelled the first guy. We are very happy with the outcome. Thanks Finn :) Original ratings

11 months later we asked Shaun: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with the installation and the performance of our solar system.
The local salesman from Space Solar, Shane, was extremely helpful.
The price was $4500 for the whole new system and they removed the old system for us!
We sold the old solar panels and the old inverter separately for a combined price of $800.
It took me a little while to work out the best electricity plan to switch to but went with Origin's Total Feed-in Tariff of 20c/kWh with a Guaranteed usage discount of 3%
We are now enjoying a $22 credit on our electricity bill for the first time ever. At this rate, the system will pay for itself in 2.5years!
It is so good to have one less bill to have to worry about!
I would highly recommend purchasing solar panels.
And thankyou Finn for this fantastically helpful website!

Original Review on 26-07-2019:

8 months later we asked Yannick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Not 100%. I regret that your sales rep didn't want to come over to see me face to face and look at the electricity consumption. When we are running our air conditioning system, there is not quite enough KWh with our system to use it for free. The grid needs some input as well.
A shame because we had plenty more space on the roof, and if I had the proper calculation done at the time, I would have chosen the next model up, generating more KWh. Otherwise happy with it.

Original Review on 20-06-2019:

The communication was good and the installation went smoothly. I had my smart meter installed a few days ago and am about to talk to my retailer about a better feed in tariff. What is the best way to find out what is available? I didn’t think the retailers publish their best offers. They only become available when you threaten to go elsewhere.

One question I have is how does a smart meter work with 3 phase? I have 3 phase consumer mains and metering but I only have loads connected to 2 phases. My understanding is that the Enphase micro inverters are split across all 3 phases but that they simply connect 2 of the phases to one set of load circuits. If I have an excess of power to export on one phase and am importing power on another phase how does the meter handle that? Could I be exporting my power at 8c/kWh and simultaniously importing it at 28c/kWh?.

8 months later we asked Brad: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. The system ahs been great!!!!

Good professional installation

Space Solar was only company to provide quote. Other companies did not understand my requirements and did not quote.
Installation was perfect, except for cutting a network cable when dismantling my old inverter.

Cannot Recommend

Dealing the salesperson was a frustrating experience of poor and what turned out to be inaccurate information. When I mentioned this later, it was suggested "he may have bad a bad day at the office". Well my experience was that he must have a few bad days at the office. It was not critical but they did not meet the installation date promised. When the installation team turned up they were expecting to install the panels on a tile roof, this despite me telling the salesperson on numerous occasions I had installed a new colorbond roof. Then I was informed the panel layout could not be provided as per the salesperson's sketch plan. Furthermore whilst I was also told that I could easily amend the layout, I was told I could not have what the changes I thought necessary for the most efficient generation. It was only after "the engineer" turned up that a system that would be the most suitable was installed. Having arrived mid morning they had to work until 7.30 pm to complete the installation. The paperwork they left for me to register my product did not agree with the website of the supplier and I was unable to complete the registration. An email was sent to Space solar but no reply regarding this matter has been received. In all a most disappointing experience and I been left feeling that I did not get what I wanted. Therefore in all honesty I cannot recommend this company.

Original Review on 14-05-2019:

I received two similar quotes and in the end decided to ignore the small price difference and go with the slightly more expensive quote from Space Solar as I felt they has several advantages to offer. Their solar panels have black frames and these look really good on our dark colorbond roof. Also Space Solar are a larger company who have been in the market for a long time, and I felt they are more likely to still be around many years down the track in case I ever need to contact them with a technical issue.

Steve our sales rep was very pleasant and professional and the installation crew were great and did a top job. I should also mention that Space Solar have their own installation crews and don't use contractors.

I'm very glad I made the initial contact with Solar Quotes web site as it made the process a lot easier for me.

8 months later we asked Eriks: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with the way our system has been performing. Also glad we chose to use micro inverters as the output from each of our panels varies during different times of the day and year because of shadows from large trees. I think in our situation the micro inverters make a big difference to the power output from our system.
Space Solar were prompt and reliable. Installation was quick (4 hours ).
System works well.

Original Review on 25-04-2019:

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes I believe so very happy

Original Review on 11-03-2019:

They are currently submitting paperwork before they get the go ahead to install my system. Currently i have been waiting for 3 weeks. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

10 months later we asked Paulo: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Not fully as in winter we paid a little more than expected on electricity. I’m waiting for our summer bill to see how the system performs during peak production weather. But once we install a battery, i expect the be virtually off the grid and self sufficient as my goal is to be carbon neutral or if possible, carbon positive.

Original Review on 16-04-2019:

No problems so far

Original Review on 12-04-2019:

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system seems to be performing really well - our first quarterly account from red energy was $6!!
So far haven't had to call on a service call - is there a need to have the panels inspected on a regular basis?

Excellent to deal with

Everything was easy. Unlike some suppliers, Space Solar had their salesperson come to visit to check out the roof and discuss layout and number of the panels, take photos of roof and possible siting of the inverter. We were adding to our exisiting 2.2Kw system so already had 10 panels on roof and an inverter. Now we were putting on 18 panels for another 5.5Kw and a second inverter. These had to be located so shadow from a NBN satellite dish wouldn't cast shadows on them.
The installation was done efficiently by 3 of their staff in one day. They set up the wifi smart meter before leaving.
We were concerned that the system kept on cutting out as production went upwards so they sent their technician to check it out. On switching off the system he found that our supply from the transformer (we're rural so have a transformer on a pole near the house) was way too high and thus preventing our solar system from feeding in all of its production to the grid.
This problem was solved when we contacted another electrical company who sent their technicians to adjust the transformer and now our solar system works like magic feeding in heaps of electricity to the grid and more than covering the entire costs of electricity used and line rental.
So we are extremely satisfied with it and with Space Solar. Thank you to the Space Solar people from the telephonists to the salesperson, the installing men and the technician. They were all excellent people to deal with.

Installation aborted at last minute due to poor planning

I paid deposit and installers turned up on time only to say that they couldn't go ahead due to not having the right brackets but I got the impression there was a more serious issue behind the scenes. This installer may be in financial difficulties, their main number is never answered. I got hold of one of their sales people via a mobile number and he has twice promised that my deposit would be refunded but I am still waiting.

Hi Tim, sorry we are not able to proceed with the installation on your house. As explained, the installers found on the day that the structure beams of your house is wider than usual house -- interval of beams is1.5 meters while usual house will be 1 -1.2 meters. The rails are to mount onto the beams, in the case, the interval of rails is wider than installation guidelines and makes support structure for panels not secure enough. We had to cancel the install for this reason. We contacted you the next day to explain this and request your bank information to refund you. We are sorry due to our accounts staff was on leave so it did not happen on the next 2 days when you provided your bank details.

Original Review on 02-04-2019:

Great experience with space solar. Very professional company. Installers are great guys and do a top class job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bryan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - it has exceeded expectations

Original Review on 21-03-2019:

Excellent sales service and prompt and efficient installation. The system works well but it is early days, not quite a month since installation (installed 28/2/2019 today 21/03/2019) The meter has not been configured as yet so it is not known how it is going to work when the system starts feeding into the grid. It is a pity the installer is not involved in the configuration of the system to feed back into the grid and this is left to the owner.
Finally, It is difficult for a lay person to assess "value for money" given the quotes were very close.

I would be happy to amplify any of the above personally.

Value for money: N/A

9 months later we asked Jack: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I have so far recommended space solar to 3 other persons. I am the only one with individual inverters on each panel due to some overshadowing. Three other installations use fronius optimized systems. One installation remains outstanding. Three installations completed (including my own are ok) I reserve my final comments until the last is completed later this month. I would appreciate feedback on the results of your survey

Very happy! Big savings already

Had space solar install a 5 kw system in Sept this year and could not be happier with the service and product. The staff involved through the different stages (quoting, installing, post installation) were all very informative and helpful. And best of all our electricity bill has since been cut in half! This was the biggest system that would fit in our roof but has still made a big impact on our electricity bill. We have a pool, several aircon units and floor heating so our bill is usually massive. I would highly recommend this company

Lovely sales person. Argumentative installers

Sales was excellent. Installers said inverter had to go next to meter box(in full sun) but having read all your information made them put it in shelter as discussed with sales person. Apart from that small hiccup, it's seems great

Original Review on 26-03-2019:

I wouldn't recommend our first quote to anyone. Sales person was trying to use push tactics on me, and also blamed me for stating my address (which I know perfectly well) wrong. Space Solar was selling the types of equipment I had in mind anyway, and the price was okay, so I went with them. Service was good and swift, and I would recommend them to other customers as well. Soltek gave variety of different equipment at different price levels, which is good, but yet, I found the best package and deal with Space Solar this time. Thanks Finn for your help in this process, well appreciated! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Timo: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has. It does what is expected, without making itself known. Our bills have really gone down, and the last one was actually credit. No problems with the system at all so far.

Stress free process

The salesman was excellent, patient with all my novice questions, very very helpful.
The installation went well, the crew were polite and answered our questions and re discussed positioning of panels.
The customer service after was prompt, with emails and yes they organised grid connection afterwards.

The only mild negatives were that I was told to allow 2 weeks after I paid deposit for someone to call to organise installation after a month I called and the lady was apologetic and organised installation ( this didn’t really worry us but maybe if you were impatient you could ring on day 14).
Also I was under the impression that I could have my panels on 3 sides but it was only 2 and we had a flat north facing roof that needed tilt brackets if we went with that, the crew did not have these with them but did offer to drive back to Sydney to get them if that’s what we wanted to do, we decided to go with East and West.

I would HIGHLY recommend Space solar. Very happy.

Great product knowledge, clear options on multiple quotes

Sales process was painless and no pressure exerted to close the sale

Diligent salesman.

Peter Orlovic was wonderful to deal with. He listened to what I had to say, and was happy to sell me the system that I believed was appropriate to our needs and budget. He kept in touch at all stages of the process and answered all my questions. The installers were prompt and efficient, polite, and flexible when I changed my mind about one component..

Professional installation

A note that my new system's size was 14.2 kW, not 10 kW - the dropdown box wouldn't let me choose the right system size.
14.2 kW with 3-phase microinverters for $14,700 in Sydney.

I did all my research in advance, so I knew what I wanted and everything went smoothly - Space Solar's sales/quoting process was clear and easy to understand, with the company supplying just what I wanted - good quality, value-for-money panels paired with Enphase microinverters. I ended up with 43 Trina Honey DD06M.08(II) half-cell 330W panels along with Enphase iQ7+ 3-phase microinverters for all of them, for a 14.2 kW system at a price that was better than the other two installers quoting for the business (I originally asked for a quote for 13.3 kW, but the price was better than I expected ($14,000), so I upsized up until I hit my $15K budget including the $300 for Enlighten Manager access, which I will pay for and activate later). Installation was smooth, well done and efficient. The company contacted our energy retailer, AGL, to get our meters replaced with smart meters, and sure enough (as I had seen from others' stories), AGL took more than a month to get it done, taking one week to reply to the email request before starting the timer for the 15 business days that they must legally get it done in - very dirty and legally questionable. Anyway, that's AGL's mess, not Space Solar's. Space Solar was great, with my only complaint being that it took several follow ups to get them to create the panel level monitoring diagram in Enphase's MyEnlighten monitoring software. They finally did it, but I would have preferred that they were on top of this without me prompting them. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Good install. Poor service

Great install. Polite, punctual. Neat and tidy.
Unfortunately they partially set up the app but cited system down and would call me the next day to finish it with me. No call. I called next few days for help and emailed for 2 weeks. Got labeled annoying. They entered my email incorrectly and inverter company fixed it. Thanks for nothing space solar. Inverter is 7foot up and I need the app to check if it's even working.
I was also told no extra metering costs and had to pay extra for another smart meter.

Original Review on 14-03-2019:

Alison, the sales person was fantastic and was happy to answer all my stupid questions and was not pushy just to get a sale
We only had the system installed 6 days ago so I can't comment on the performance over time but so far our 6.6kw system with 22 panels and a 5kw inverter has generated a total yield of 159kWh with 3 overcast days included. On one of the days we reached 39.9
Space Solar were good to work with and from signing up to installation it was only 3 weeks (1 week we were unavailable due to holidays) so were very happy with the timeframe.
Thanks to Solar quotes for putting me in touch with Space Solar.
We ended up with 6 quotes and while Space Solar wasn't the cheapest they listened to what we wanted, quoted on a system that suited our requirements and unlike a lot of other companies, have their own installers.
I would recommend Space Solar to anyone looking at installing Solar.

8 months later we asked Kathryn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I have now had Solar installed for 8 months and couldn't be happier with its performance. Prior to the installation our bills averaged around $450 (2 adults). We have had 2 bills since then, the first was for $71 and the 2nd was for $0.31. Since our last bill, according to the website from our energy supplier, our current bill is showing us in credit by over $170. In that time we have seen solar readings up to 42kwh and at the moment are averaging over 30kwh every day. Our panels are all North facing with no shade. Not sure if the inverter being in the hot sun all day would end up being a problem my partner solved this my making up a cover that now shields the inverter but still allows full air flow all around it.. I have happily recommended Space Solar and our system to friends and neighbours.

Space Solar Review

Salesman stayed in contact, was happy to negotiate to offer the best deal in regards to product and price. The office wasn't great in contacting me regarding the installation and in the end I had to call them to find out when it was happening. Installation went ahead smoothly after that.

Great experience with installation

Installers were punctual. Customized installation to site requirements. Listened to customers. Courteous and very helpful.

Original Review on 04-03-2019:

Out performed..!! ?? ??????????