Space Solar Reviews

About Space Solar, Solar Installers

Space Solar
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 239987C Space Solar Service Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,799 - $8,314 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Space Solar is a full-service renewable energy company that provides customised designs, sales and installations of high quality solar systems. Our Solar Energy Team has successfully installed thousands of solar systems for residential and commercial clients.

Our goal is to provide and deliver a positive experience for all our customers, from the initial contact through to post installation. We are committed to delivering our solar products and services on time and on budget with complete customer service satisfaction.

In NSW Space Solar operates under ABN 18 149 515 775, Space Solar Service Pty Ltd,  ACN 149 515 775.

In VIC Space Solar operates under Community Energy Group Pty Ltd and you can find their reviews here.

Space Solar Solar Reviews

Great value and comprehensive service

The sales person was very helpful, and worked through methods of optimising and customising the system that other suppliers wouldn't consider.

Pricing was very competitive and installation was done on time by an efficient and friendly team.

Space Solar also assisted with the smart meter upgrade process and have been responsive to all my post-sales queries so far. I'm happy I chose them.

Fantastic installer and great to deal with

Fitted 10 kW system the staff are fantastic they were the first quote to return to me and the cheapest for the same product, always kept you informed a where it was up to and they are happy to answer any questions Show additional information

Very Happy.

Very satisfied with the quotation and installation process , they were polite punctual and the working of the system explained thoroughly and extremely happy with the system to date. Show additional information

Excellent Service from Point of Sale to Installation

After much deliberation we decided to place solar on our roof. After speaking to several companies we meet with Steve from Space Solar, he was extremely knowledgeable and listened to what we expected and came back with various options to suit or demands for electricity and expectaions.

From point of contact to installation it has been a very positive experience. I would highly recommend reaching out to this company if you have any doubts about installing solar.

Service and installation a delight.

Very knowledgeable and efficient installers. Early days on using the panels but very happy with the whole process. Show additional information

Great all round experience

Salesman friendly and knowledgeable, quoted current special and it fitted our requirements. All aspects of the install went as set out by the salesman. Team turned up on time as scheduled, work done efficiently, neatly and cleanly. Show additional information

Great all round service

Sales rep came to our house, inspected site, recommended system size and panel placement and explained the quality of all parts of installation (not just panels and inverter) and explained why they are used. We were very impressed with his visit. Other suppliers just used internet to view dwelling and emailed quote.
Installers very very polite, punctual and professional. After installing they explained operation and demonstrated shutdown procedure, cleaned up when completed and explained what happened next.
Supplier notified energy supplier of installation and requested them to install meter

Effortless and easy

Alison was the Solar consultant and she was punctual, friendly but also professional at the same time and not pushy.
The installation was painless. The installers were very polite, punctual and tidy. After the installation there was nothing left behind to even indicate that they had been there working.
They advised me that they had contacted Origin who would contact me about the new grid connection, however that hasn’t happened yet (2weeks).

Everything went well with no problems

They got back to me very quickly with a quote and answered my multiple question patiently with and adjusted the quote a few times for my various options.
The installers turned up on time, installed it efficiently, gave me the bardic information and went through it with me and tidied up afterwards. I have had some follow up question which were all answered to my satisfaction and I am now watching my meter run backwards

Efficient and professional

The sales process was transparent and friendly. The installation was on time. efficient and undertaken by hardworking and friendly workers. The company did help organise the grid connection Show additional information

Solar

Absolutely great service great workmanship, clean and very neat work I recommend this company Show additional information

Quick and $1200 cheaper than the rest

Very happy with Space Solar. Good communication and great install Show additional information
We already had Solar and were looking to add more. Companies had been ringing us for a while so we decided to get one of them to come and give us a quote. The salesman was pushy and wanted us to sign on the spot. He offered a 3KW system for $7,500. We signed up just to get rid of him, knowing there was a 10 day cooling off period. We used this time to get further quotes. The next one was cheaper - a 3.6KW system for $4,960. I then came across your website and asked for 3 solar quotes. I received just one from Shane at Space Solar. Shane was local and I realised I actually knew his wife. He was able to quote for a whole new 6.4KW system for under $5,000 including removing the old one which we would be able to sell. This way we would only have one inverter instead of two which is so much better. Needless to say, we cancelled the first guy. We are very happy with the outcome. Thanks Finn :) Show additional information

Seamless

Sales tendering to spec and responsive
Installation on schedule and to good standard
Customer service excellent
The communication was good and the installation went smoothly. I had my smart meter installed a few days ago and am about to talk to my retailer about a better feed in tariff. What is the best way to find out what is available? I didn’t think the retailers publish their best offers. They only become available when you threaten to go elsewhere.

One question I have is how does a smart meter work with 3 phase? I have 3 phase consumer mains and metering but I only have loads connected to 2 phases. My understanding is that the Enphase micro inverters are split across all 3 phases but that they simply connect 2 of the phases to one set of load circuits. If I have an excess of power to export on one phase and am importing power on another phase how does the meter handle that? Could I be exporting my power at 8c/kWh and simultaniously importing it at 28c/kWh?.

Good professional installation

Space Solar was only company to provide quote. Other companies did not understand my requirements and did not quote.
Installation was perfect, except for cutting a network cable when dismantling my old inverter.

Cannot Recommend

Dealing the salesperson was a frustrating experience of poor and what turned out to be inaccurate information. When I mentioned this later, it was suggested "he may have bad a bad day at the office". Well my experience was that he must have a few bad days at the office. It was not critical but they did not meet the installation date promised. When the installation team turned up they were expecting to install the panels on a tile roof, this despite me telling the salesperson on numerous occasions I had installed a new colorbond roof. Then I was informed the panel layout could not be provided as per the salesperson's sketch plan. Furthermore whilst I was also told that I could easily amend the layout, I was told I could not have what the changes I thought necessary for the most efficient generation. It was only after "the engineer" turned up that a system that would be the most suitable was installed. Having arrived mid morning they had to work until 7.30 pm to complete the installation. The paperwork they left for me to register my product did not agree with the website of the supplier and I was unable to complete the registration. An email was sent to Space solar but no reply regarding this matter has been received. In all a most disappointing experience and I been left feeling that I did not get what I wanted. Therefore in all honesty I cannot recommend this company. Show additional information
I received two similar quotes and in the end decided to ignore the small price difference and go with the slightly more expensive quote from Space Solar as I felt they has several advantages to offer. Their solar panels have black frames and these look really good on our dark colorbond roof. Also Space Solar are a larger company who have been in the market for a long time, and I felt they are more likely to still be around many years down the track in case I ever need to contact them with a technical issue.

Steve our sales rep was very pleasant and professional and the installation crew were great and did a top job. I should also mention that Space Solar have their own installation crews and don't use contractors.

I'm very glad I made the initial contact with Solar Quotes web site as it made the process a lot easier for me.
Space Solar were prompt and reliable. Installation was quick (4 hours ).
System works well.
They are currently submitting paperwork before they get the go ahead to install my system. Currently i have been waiting for 3 weeks. Show additional information

Excellent to deal with

Everything was easy. Unlike some suppliers, Space Solar had their salesperson come to visit to check out the roof and discuss layout and number of the panels, take photos of roof and possible siting of the inverter. We were adding to our exisiting 2.2Kw system so already had 10 panels on roof and an inverter. Now we were putting on 18 panels for another 5.5Kw and a second inverter. These had to be located so shadow from a NBN satellite dish wouldn't cast shadows on them.
The installation was done efficiently by 3 of their staff in one day. They set up the wifi smart meter before leaving.
We were concerned that the system kept on cutting out as production went upwards so they sent their technician to check it out. On switching off the system he found that our supply from the transformer (we're rural so have a transformer on a pole near the house) was way too high and thus preventing our solar system from feeding in all of its production to the grid.
This problem was solved when we contacted another electrical company who sent their technicians to adjust the transformer and now our solar system works like magic feeding in heaps of electricity to the grid and more than covering the entire costs of electricity used and line rental.
So we are extremely satisfied with it and with Space Solar. Thank you to the Space Solar people from the telephonists to the salesperson, the installing men and the technician. They were all excellent people to deal with.

Prompt response from Sales and Installation team!

Daniel who provided us the quote was very helpful and passionate about solar. We ended up buying a larger system (15kw) than initially planned as we were told that our roof was ideal in orientation and pitch. May be useful when we get an electric car in future.
Installation team came as scheduled and completed the job on the same day. They also promptly fixed a mistake on the solar structure as soon as we informed them. We found Michael very competent and he came back on the day our service provider came to install the smart meter to commission the system.

Installation aborted at last minute due to poor planning

I paid deposit and installers turned up on time only to say that they couldn't go ahead due to not having the right brackets but I got the impression there was a more serious issue behind the scenes. This installer may be in financial difficulties, their main number is never answered. I got hold of one of their sales people via a mobile number and he has twice promised that my deposit would be refunded but I am still waiting.

Hi Tim, sorry we are not able to proceed with the installation on your house. As explained, the installers found on the day that the structure beams of your house is wider than usual house -- interval of beams is1.5 meters while usual house will be 1 -1.2 meters. The rails are to mount onto the beams, in the case, the interval of rails is wider than installation guidelines and makes support structure for panels not secure enough. We had to cancel the install for this reason. We contacted you the next day to explain this and request your bank information to refund you. We are sorry due to our accounts staff was on leave so it did not happen on the next 2 days when you provided your bank details.
Great experience with space solar. Very professional company. Installers are great guys and do a top class job. Show additional information
Excellent sales service and prompt and efficient installation. The system works well but it is early days, not quite a month since installation (installed 28/2/2019 today 21/03/2019) The meter has not been configured as yet so it is not known how it is going to work when the system starts feeding into the grid. It is a pity the installer is not involved in the configuration of the system to feed back into the grid and this is left to the owner.
Finally, It is difficult for a lay person to assess "value for money" given the quotes were very close.

I would be happy to amplify any of the above personally.

Very happy! Big savings already

Had space solar install a 5 kw system in Sept this year and could not be happier with the service and product. The staff involved through the different stages (quoting, installing, post installation) were all very informative and helpful. And best of all our electricity bill has since been cut in half! This was the biggest system that would fit in our roof but has still made a big impact on our electricity bill. We have a pool, several aircon units and floor heating so our bill is usually massive. I would highly recommend this company Show additional information

Lovely sales person. Argumentative installers

Sales was excellent. Installers said inverter had to go next to meter box(in full sun) but having read all your information made them put it in shelter as discussed with sales person. Apart from that small hiccup, it's seems great Show additional information
I wouldn't recommend our first quote to anyone. Sales person was trying to use push tactics on me, and also blamed me for stating my address (which I know perfectly well) wrong. Space Solar was selling the types of equipment I had in mind anyway, and the price was okay, so I went with them. Service was good and swift, and I would recommend them to other customers as well. Soltek gave variety of different equipment at different price levels, which is good, but yet, I found the best package and deal with Space Solar this time. Thanks Finn for your help in this process, well appreciated! Show additional information

Stress free process

The salesman was excellent, patient with all my novice questions, very very helpful.
The installation went well, the crew were polite and answered our questions and re discussed positioning of panels.
The customer service after was prompt, with emails and yes they organised grid connection afterwards.

The only mild negatives were that I was told to allow 2 weeks after I paid deposit for someone to call to organise installation after a month I called and the lady was apologetic and organised installation ( this didn’t really worry us but maybe if you were impatient you could ring on day 14).
Also I was under the impression that I could have my panels on 3 sides but it was only 2 and we had a flat north facing roof that needed tilt brackets if we went with that, the crew did not have these with them but did offer to drive back to Sydney to get them if that’s what we wanted to do, we decided to go with East and West.

I would HIGHLY recommend Space solar. Very happy.

Great product knowledge, clear options on multiple quotes

Sales process was painless and no pressure exerted to close the sale Show additional information

Diligent salesman.

Peter Orlovic was wonderful to deal with. He listened to what I had to say, and was happy to sell me the system that I believed was appropriate to our needs and budget. He kept in touch at all stages of the process and answered all my questions. The installers were prompt and efficient, polite, and flexible when I changed my mind about one component.. Show additional information

Professional installation

A note that my new system's size was 14.2 kW, not 10 kW - the dropdown box wouldn't let me choose the right system size.
14.2 kW with 3-phase microinverters for $14,700 in Sydney.

I did all my research in advance, so I knew what I wanted and everything went smoothly - Space Solar's sales/quoting process was clear and easy to understand, with the company supplying just what I wanted - good quality, value-for-money panels paired with Enphase microinverters. I ended up with 43 Trina Honey DD06M.08(II) half-cell 330W panels along with Enphase iQ7+ 3-phase microinverters for all of them, for a 14.2 kW system at a price that was better than the other two installers quoting for the business (I originally asked for a quote for 13.3 kW, but the price was better than I expected ($14,000), so I upsized up until I hit my $15K budget including the $300 for Enlighten Manager access, which I will pay for and activate later). Installation was smooth, well done and efficient. The company contacted our energy retailer, AGL, to get our meters replaced with smart meters, and sure enough (as I had seen from others' stories), AGL took more than a month to get it done, taking one week to reply to the email request before starting the timer for the 15 business days that they must legally get it done in - very dirty and legally questionable. Anyway, that's AGL's mess, not Space Solar's. Space Solar was great, with my only complaint being that it took several follow ups to get them to create the panel level monitoring diagram in Enphase's MyEnlighten monitoring software. They finally did it, but I would have preferred that they were on top of this without me prompting them. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Good install. Poor service

Great install. Polite, punctual. Neat and tidy.
Unfortunately they partially set up the app but cited system down and would call me the next day to finish it with me. No call. I called next few days for help and emailed for 2 weeks. Got labeled annoying. They entered my email incorrectly and inverter company fixed it. Thanks for nothing space solar. Inverter is 7foot up and I need the app to check if it's even working.
I was also told no extra metering costs and had to pay extra for another smart meter.
Alison, the sales person was fantastic and was happy to answer all my stupid questions and was not pushy just to get a sale
We only had the system installed 6 days ago so I can't comment on the performance over time but so far our 6.6kw system with 22 panels and a 5kw inverter has generated a total yield of 159kWh with 3 overcast days included. On one of the days we reached 39.9
Space Solar were good to work with and from signing up to installation it was only 3 weeks (1 week we were unavailable due to holidays) so were very happy with the timeframe.
Thanks to Solar quotes for putting me in touch with Space Solar.
We ended up with 6 quotes and while Space Solar wasn't the cheapest they listened to what we wanted, quoted on a system that suited our requirements and unlike a lot of other companies, have their own installers.
I would recommend Space Solar to anyone looking at installing Solar.

Space Solar Review

Salesman stayed in contact, was happy to negotiate to offer the best deal in regards to product and price. The office wasn't great in contacting me regarding the installation and in the end I had to call them to find out when it was happening. Installation went ahead smoothly after that. Show additional information

Great experience with installation

Installers were punctual. Customized installation to site requirements. Listened to customers. Courteous and very helpful. Show additional information

Great service AAA++

Great service from Quotation to execution. Would highly recommend to any one. Show additional information

Extremely Happy and Satisfied with Quotation and Installation Process

Quoting process was prompt , accurate , knowledgeable and not pushy which was refreshing.
Installation was punctual , without delays , polite and cleaned after themselves once finished.
Grid connection can not comment at this stage as it has not happened as yet.

Generally very happy

Overall we were very happy with Space Solar and the system they have installed for us. Their customer service is excellent and the couple of minor issues we had were dealt with promptly and courteously, you can't ask for much more than that. If you go with Space Solar my only suggestion is to make sure the panels are clean when they leave the site. Ours were filthy and I had to spend some time on the roof cleaning them. Also, if you go with Enphase microinverters and you have an off-peak hot water system, I recommend that you request that the monitoring system by set up to monitor ALL of your electricity usage, including the off-peak. Ours was not and I was told that I was the first person to have requested it so Enphase wasn't sure if it would work. One of the great advantages of the Enphase system is the excellent monitoring it offers but it will be most useful to you if it monitors all you consumption as well as your production. But the monitoring situation was an Ephase issue, not a Space Solar one. I highly recommend Space Solar. They are not the cheapest installers around nor the most expensive but they offer good quality equipment at a fair price and they don't use sub-contractors so, if there's an issue, there should be no disputes about who's responsible for fixing it. Show additional information

Great installlation

Smooth installation from initial email to final install.
No sales pressure from Daniel as he explained the entire process. Gave great advice when choosing solar plans with energy providers.
Installation was tidy/clean. Technicians explained the details regarding panels, inverter and monitoring.
Now waiting on digital smart meter install.

Great installation but let down by after sales lack of service

Everything was great, the installation was glitch free, but really let down by the after sales service. Seriously, 3 weeks and 3 phone calls to get meter change docs sent to my retailer. Show additional information

Very efficient sales, service and installation

All good - the system was on my roof producing power within a couple of weeks of me first requesting quotes through SolarQuotes. Sales (Daniel) was super efficient - quoted same day from a satellite photo, responded to calls and emails within a day. The installers put 27 panels and microinverters up in one day, and worked hard to optimise placement on some tricky parts of the roof. The pricing was very good - perhaps not the most premium panels (Trina), but good value for money. Show additional information

Great value for money!

Salesperson was great, one hiccup with the install date but was sorted out. Good install team happy with the job done. Show additional information

Solar Space Southern Tablelands NSW

Solar Space installers did a great job in a timely manner and in less than ideal circumstances. The rep made sound suggestions as to options. I would do the project again with Solar Space and recommend them. Show additional information