Springers Solar

Springers Solar Reviews

Springers Solar provides quality components with proven performance, backed by an industry-leading warranty, and dedicated after-sales support. Thousands of satisfied customers over more than 18 years of operation make Springers Solar one of the most established and experienced solar companies in the country. Springers Solar has received multiple awards for design and installation, are a certified Tesla Installer, an LG Platinum Solar installer and a Fronius service partner. Brisbane City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council & Sunshine Coast Regional Council have all chosen Springers Solar for various projects and Springers Solar is a local buy supplier for the Queensland Government.

Springers Solar employ full time qualified sales, design, installation and support staff that will work closely with you before, during and long after the project is completed. Our dedicated team includes a qualified electrical engineer, experienced project manager, accredited solar PV designers, experienced installation teams and qualified accredited electricians. Springers Solar offers an industry-leading 10-year workmanship warranty which is a testament to our qualified staff and offers you outstanding value and peace of mind.

Springers Solar are the only founding signatory to the Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Solar Retailers Program that is based in Queensland. We are proud, fully accredited members of Master Electricians and pride ourselves on our participation in the development and maintenance of quality and safety in our industry. A host of testimonials, referrals, qualifications, accreditations and awards all mean that you can be rest assured that Springers Solar is the right choice for you or your business.

Reviewers report paying: $5,925 - $7,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Springers Solar Reviews (52)

4.4/5

Original Review on 26-06-2021:

Got what I asked for and more!

I had four companies come around to give quotes for the install we wanted. The standard brief to all of them was ‘We want to produce more energy than we need in the house, charge a Tesla Powerwall 2 and also charge an electric car in the future.’

Springers were the only ones to actually listen and think outside the standard install. After a few emails and phone call back and forwards, we got them on the job.

They chose a 3 phase upgrade to the house, 3 inverters with a total of 19.44kW of panels, Powerwall 2 and a rethink of the layout compared to the old system being removed.

What we got is absolutely spot on to the brief.

The pre install info was great, the install team were here all week as it was a large install and we’re great to deal with. The team really listened to our wishes of a clean, tidy and great looking install for the inverters, Tesla Gateway and Powerwall 2. It’s a sight to behold and a real feature of the house now.

Inside the house, they redid the electrical circuit breaker panel which was a dogs breakfast. Now it’s neat, tidy and looks as you would think it should. It really was bad before they came. Years of upgrades and no one with an eye for detail.

After they left and the system was online, the power we generate is way more than the online calculations.

To say we are happy is an understatement.

Thank you Springers Solar! You are a breath of fresh air.

No more power from the grid for us.

2 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Now that we have lived with this system for a while now, it still amazes me that we are 100% not pulling power from the grid. We are 400-500% offset from the grid everyday. Even on the worst sun days, we still produce enough energy to power the house needs and charge the battery for the night time requirements. Awesome!
Springers Solar made this possible by listening to our request and coming through with the perfect system.

Original Review on 28-10-2020:

Excellent service

Springers provided clear advice tailored to my circumstances, enabling me to make an informed choice. The installation team communicated well and carried out the work efficiently. Connection to the grid followed smoothly. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, we are pleased with the output of the system and our ability to schedule our use to maximise savings.

Excellent service

From start to finish I'd like to say that this company is absolutely fantastic. Big thanks to Dave, Thilanka, Jonty and the guys who came to do the installation yesterday and today. The most friendly, polite, respectful, bunch of guys. I was kept up-to-date every step of the way during the installation. Thanks again Rose Manuel.

Couldn’t fault Springer Solar in any way.

Very professional from the get go. The salesman was happy to discuss different options for our needs. The office staff were always professional and easy to correspond/speak with. They have their own installers who arrived on time and were very efficient with the install. Very polite and tidy. They helped with explaining the app and grid connection process too. Very very happy we chose a local company to support. 5 stars.

Original Review on 15-07-2020:

Professional service and integrated system

Springers Solar was the only one of three to actually come out to the house. The other two quoted over the phone using satallite image. Sales person spent considerable time explaining options and choices of products. Did not over sell expensive optional extas, but did give us a reason to g with some of the options, like active monitoring which, while not essential to the performance, was something I was interested in. One competitor was really pushing the cheaper products as being just as good. One was targetting a reasonable quality but basic package and did not take the time to assess that I was intersted in some of the options. Eventually they offered some additional products, but different brands, whereas the Springers offer was integrated products from SolarEdge.

Installation was on time, professional, friendly, tidy. It looks good. Installation was interrupted by rain and they came back within a few days to finish the job.

8 months later we asked Randall: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed really well.

Great Service. Excellent Products.

Sales and quoting process was great. I am really impressed with the Solar Edge software. Technicians were punctual and very helpful, tidy and respectful.

Great Sales , customer and installation experience

After the initial contact, the sales man, came over and gave me a detailed quote with all the possible options for solar panels and inverters.

The company was very competivie on price and went the extra mile to help me install a new meter box.
The installing team, especially the electrians had a lot of experience and knowledge about what they were doing. They even explain to a lay person about what the residual device unit does. They also threw in a timer unit for the hotwater system in for free.

I would highly recommend them to anyone.

The extra mile!

The sales process and quote was excellent. Out of the 4 companies this was the only one to come and carry out a site visit. Communication was key throughout the process and I was well informed.

The installation team were polite, friendly, professional and took an interest in the best installation possible. All though there was a small installation error they were straight onto and rectified immediately.

Customer service was great. Connection was all done and across to solar within the next business day after installation.

By far the best experience I have had from any trade to date. Highly recommended and very professional and were considerably cheaper than all other quotes.

Recommended

A great experience from start to finish. They answered all my questions before going ahead, communicated very well, and the installation went seamlessly - the team worked very hard, and were very professional and friendly. They also left the place spotless after completing the work. I would definitely recommend Springers.

Excellent solar system supplier

Springers Solar provided excellent customer service, recommended options that suited my requirements and met my criteria, provided sound advice, communicated well, offered competitively priced products and delivered exactly as promised. Joe Springer was very approachable and provided all the information I needed and was able to answer the many questions I had. The installation process went well despite the unfavourable wet weather. The staff were punctual, polite and maintained a safe and tidy worksite. Springers Solar have initiated the process of grid connection after the install and I expect to be receiving my feed-in tariff in a couple of weeks. I ended up choosing a more expensive system, but I am very pleased with my choice as the panels (Trina) and inverter (SolarEdge) are recommended brands (by SolarQuotes) and the optimisers will help monitor production and maximise the efficiency of the system.

Solar solution made easy with 'Springers Solar'

Not surprisingly, whilst installing Solar is a 'no brainer' when you live in Queensland, the mass confusion surrounding options and costs is overwhelming and tends to result in procrastination.

Solarquotes changed that position by simplifying the process, providing clarity, and instilling a 'previously absent' level of confidence ( Nice work Finn and team )

Of the three quotes sought 'Springers Solar' was the only one to tick all of the box's.

I'd never heard of 'Springers Solar' up until that point.

But i'm glad i do now, what an amazing customer experience.

After an hour long, no pressure, relaxed site visit (where all of my questions were fully answered and many options explored) a plan was drawn up that met all of my specific needs.

We weren't interested in 'cheap and cheerful', 'quality and reliability' were the prime considerations.

So, after some consideration and with some trepidation, we bit the bullet and signed the contract.

And it didn't disappoint, it just got better.

'Under promise and over deliver' must be the company mantra.

* During the sales / quotation period communication was in writing, clear and simple to follow.
* Installation took place well within the expected time frame.
* The installation team were 'professionals' in every respect. They were on-time, looked the part, were well equipped and knowledgeable, polite and respectful. Clean and tidy at every stage.
* Photos of the install were provided and a simple overview on the basics conducted.
* Post installation they seamlessly arranged the required meter box up-grade and grid connection in addition to providing all of the required certificates etc

Are we happy with the result ? You bet.
Did we get what we paid for ? Absolutely.
Would we recommend Springers Solar to family and friends? In a heart beat.
Are we saving what we expected ? Exceeding expectation in first two months

Nice work Joe and team

PS A special shout out to to office / admin team - exceptional customer service

Professional

The sales quoting process was informative and comforting, there was no question that could not be answered, after checking online we felt comfortable in knowing that we had the truth and not lead by a huge sale pitch that pleasured us into a corner. The quote was tailored to our needs, it was fair, affordable and detailed.

The installation was very professional, the four young men who arrived when they said they would despite the distance travelled they looked after us very well, they were gentlemen who knew their profession well and communicated with us through the process explaining what was happening. They were kind and caring being sure not to damage our property. The detail was amazing, right down to cleaning the wall around the inverter before they left.

After the installation we were walked through the process and given a hands on look at how the system worked and how to read energy levels. Within half an hour we was connected via email to the system online.

We recommend this fully Australian owned family business to anyone who in the market for good old Aus honesty, no fuss, value for your buck when it comes to solar energy.

Did a terrific job in trying conditions! Rain intermittently throughout the day! Communicated well and was on time!

Maddy was very friendly and courteous communicating the schedule!
Installation team were polite, understanding, efficient and cleaned up after themselves!

Springers solar are the pinnacle of clean energy companies & made the entire process a breeze!

Springers Sales Consultant, Dave W. demonstrated excellent knowledge & understanding, acted with 'old school integrity' & advised on the best product & design for maximum energy production. His professionalism gained my trust at our first meeting. The installation crew were highly efficient, enthusiastic & punctual. ***** Service & Administration Manager, Sharmyn's seamless communication kept me informed for the entire journey.
An exciting new chapter in our lives. Thank you Springers Solar Team

Great people to deal with

From sales to installation cant complain.Happy with the price, were't the cheapest but you only get what you pay for.
I told them I was very fussy and I didn't have any problems at all. All the guys and girl were very polite and efficient, and got on without any problems.They finished in less than a day. They Cleaned every thing up and took it all the rubbish away. Can highly recommend them.
Troy set every thing upon the computer for me to save me the hassle.

Thanks to all the team. Mike

Very professional company

The whole process was very smooth and efficient.
From initial contact, John, the local manager, was quick to act, was very helpful and not "pushy", and responded to all queries promptly.
The installation took place on the day specified and again went smoothly and all very clean and tidy.
Some minor queries regarding the installation were again dealt with promptly and satisfactorily.
While not the cheapest, we believe it was good value for money, with excellent customer service
I like the fact that they do everything frome sales to instalation and electrical work needed all trades are in-house. Clearly to give a accurate quote an inspection is required and there response was excellent the quote was professional providing a detail description of requirements and what was to be delivered.
Very nice to deal with, got a Sunnyboy and they came back to help me connect to the web properly,
From the initial contact by David Whinnett (he turned up exactly on time) to review our needs, answer our many questions and provide a quote. to the installers (who turned up on time as well!), we felt like we were dealing with a group of true professionals.
There were no pressure tactics to sign a contract with Springers, only quiet confidence that this mob knew what they were on about.
We have known about Springers since we arrived in the area 30+ years ago, their longevity is a testament to their professionalism and high customer service standard, so agreeing to use them for our solar installation was the definite way to go.
We have not been disappointed, the system installed working perfectly and, with the additional smart meter we purchased, we can review, at any time, the performance of the solar panels against our ongoing usage.
Would highly recommend Springers for solar needs.

Original Review on 11-07-2018:

Installation is occurring as I write this email. Original ratings

Value for money: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Adrian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. exceeded expectations.
Springers Solar have recently supplied and installed a Tesla Powerwall 2 to my existing solar system. I received quotes from three suppliers of varying equipment and specification. Two of the suppliers were unable to supply Tesla Powerwall 2, as they were unavailable and actually stated nobody had them in stock. They also stated that the Tesla unit was more expensive than their proposed packages.

Springers Solar had available stock and their price was actually lower than the other two quotes (Springers Solar also committed to possibly lowering their price once they had a site inspection). Eddie Springer visited my house to inspect the site. He was straight forward and easy to deal with and as committed, he was able to offer a better price. He also delivered his confidence in their workmanship and committed to keeping all wiring concealed where possible. One of the main reasons I chose the Tesla Powerwall 2 was the neat integration of the whole package.

The installers arrived on-time on the install date and they worked efficiently and neatly. Paul and the other two guys did a great job of the installation and they did in fact conceal all wiring as committed. Paul's knowledge of the Tesla Product was evident and he had the system operating which he was able to demonstrate with the Tesla app very quickly. They even took time to clean up once they were finished.

The only issue I had with the entire process was that the Tesla Powerwall 2 had some slight paint damage on the outer housing, which evidently happened in transit. Initially, Springers offered to repair the damage which I was fine with, as it was minimal. After a couple of weeks they phoned me to say that they would actually swap my unit for a brand new one. I was surprised and pleased.

Springers Solar exceeded my expectation at every level. The entire process from admin to install was very efficient and easy.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending them based on my experience.
We only sought 2 Quotes through Solar Quotes because we had already contacted Springers whom we had met at a Caravan Expo and we were waiting for them to visit to quote.
Later, I did notice Springers are on your list, and rightly so as so far we have been impressed with them even though a delay in install. [ Christmas hols, I guess ]

Of the 2 quotes you gave us, we only heard from one. We found them very helpful and they put together an impressive Quote
In a way we were sorry we could not go with them, particularly as they would have installed prior to Christmas.
Springers won out in the end at slightly less dollars and the better inverter system - 21 x Enphase mini - V Solar Edge

We have found your site to be very useful and educational and do thank you

Kevin
Being late to the solar game, we decided to go for a higher end solar/hybrid system - LG Neon2 panels, Enphase microinverters, and a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery.

Springers patiently answered all our questions, and provided us with a number of options - all viable and with different costs, although we went the whole hog with 4.6 kW of the best panels, and AC microinverters with the Tesla battery.

Quoted delivery and installation times were reasonable, although a late schedule change on another job meant they were able to install the whole system after only a couple of weeks, well ahead of the original time quoted. The installation team were quick, neat and efficient, and Paul who did the final electrical connections took the time to explain everything to us (as well as tidying up our switchboard).

The final installation is super neat, and we have the whole house backed up with the battery (we have avoided 5 power outages in our first 3 months, not to mention possible power spikes). We chose the more expensive set-up, but are glad we did - even cloudy and rainy days have not required grid power. 3 months of self-powering, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Springers Solar to anyone. The service is top class from the whole company.
We had considered to get a solar system with batteries for our house (which is three phase) for a long time and dealt with a number of companies - only to find that many of them are pure salesmen with little actual technical knowledge and struggle with anything that is off the beaten track.

Springers were very different: I got to deal with people that were able to answer all my questions and if they did not know an answer right away were open enough to say so (instead of giving you some BS story) and came back with the right information a day or so later. - And I had many questions, so I really appreciated the patience and diligence they showed in this process.

By the time it came to buy the system I did of course get other quotes (for the exact same system) only to find that all of the others were more expensive.

Installation day was quite an event: Since we went for a larger system a whole army directed by two members of the Springer family arrived so that all the work on the roof got done on the day - the commissioning of the batteries and the overall system was done the next day.

And I have to commend the whole team: As my wife said, all of them were friendly, courteous and very respectful of our property - and every little bit was cleaned up before they left.

All in all we are extremely satisfied with the whole process and the result we got !

Original Review on 02-11-2017:

8 months later we asked Ivan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It is currently on mark to over preform on its yearly production expectations.
Still waiting for install. Service excellent so far.
20 x LG neon R 330 panels with Enphase micro inverters.
Most helpful part was information available through the SolarQuotes website. This gave me the information on which to base discussions with the installers.

The SolarQuotes recommendation of 3 installers seemed a bit off the pace. Two of the recommendations appeared to be different branches of the same firm, and both failed to follow through with me, apart from an initial telephone call the couldn't tell them much. I suspect they didn't really want the job. The third installer recommended (Absolute Energy Solutions) was vey good and it was a toss-up whether to go with this quote or an alternative. Ultimately I chose the latter.

Fingers are crossed regarding the installation which is scheduled for late January 2018.
Still waiting for Rep to ring back to help with my system functions---Wi-Fi setup--Best feed in tarrif system to go with.
The service we received from Springers was very good. They helped us design our system, offered a competitive price and their installation was also very good. They made the process of buying a solar system very easy.

Original Review on 07-11-2016:

System is not yet installed. The roof hardware will be installed on Nov 14 and we will have our roof restoration work done on Nov 18. The panels, inverter etc will be installed after restoration has at least a week to cure. For these reasons I have answered "not applicable" to the installation question above.
As for publishing my response I am ok for you to use only my Christian name.

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. It seems to be delivering the savings we expected.
Regarding the three supplier names sent to me by SolarQuotes:

#1 was clearly interested in selling me a microinverter system, which I was willing to consider. His opening spiel when I rang him was along the lines of "Well, you've gotta get smart about where your panels are sited..." So he sent me a proposed panel array for my property in which all panels were to go on the WSW facing roof, which is subject to almost complete afternoon shading from trees, whereas the ENE-facing roof is not shaded at all, morning or afternoon. Somehow that didn't seem so smart to me, so I didn't follow up with this guy.

#2 gave me a competitive price for Fronius + SunPower panels. Flashy website, more pics than info, but otherwise would have been in the game for me.

#3 gave me an initial quote that was well above others for Fronius + SunPower. When queried about this, they immediately revised their quote down to - guess what? - pretty well exactly what other players were quoting. My take on this: initial quote was an ambit proposal, made to cover the possibility that I might be an ill-informed idiot, dreamily numbed into submission by their slick, expensive-looking website. On being disabused of that notion, Plan B kicks in. which is to provide a competitive quote.
The quotes were all very close however a neighbour had a bad experience and the solar company wound up so a workmate spoke very highly of Springers so I went with them. Your independence gave me confidence in proceeding with Solar Panels and batterry storage.
My father decided to go with Springers as they install great performing solar panels (according to government testing) that have individual micro inverters which will optimise the individual panels ability to draw energy from the sun. He ended up with 26 panels plus had his roof resprayed and gutter guarded.
Springers Solar very professional, excellent workmanship and very friendly customer service. Thanks Michael.
23 Panel Enphase Microinverter
I found it difficult to deal with a supplier that offered 10 year warranty when they didn't have an office in Queensland and had only operated "locally" for two years
I had Springers do a solar panel addition. The crew that did the install was very good. They arrived on time, were quick in their work and cleaned up all all their waste. They were one of the best tradies I've had at our place. Greg
They were not the cheapest quote, but these people know what they do and you know who you are dealing with, the company is a local, family-owned business and has been around quite some time. Springers also provide an after-installation review (by the boss himself!) and after-sales service as required. We have 20 QCells panels installed on north-facing roof and an SMA inverter. Installation was on-time (by the minute!) as agreed, done by a team of experienced specialists, they pulled all strings to have it completed before we went on a holiday and also cleaned up nicely after finishing. System worked perfectly from the first minute.
The whole process went smoothly from start to finish. The salesman was very knowledgeable and open about what brands they used. He didn't try to upsell us on anything, unlike some other companies we had out. Installation only took about 4-5 hours and they actually consulted with me about where I wanted the DC cables to run down the weatherboard, and exactly where I wanted the rack-mounts for the panels to be placed. Very happy with the standard of workmanship. Definitely recommend these guys. All their work is done in-house, i.e. no sub-contractors. Plus, they are a local family business who have been around for about 20 years or so. Happy to support them.
Very friendly & helpful installers. They did a great job.
Excellent firm to deal with, they were easy, and smooth. Great system.