Sungain Solar

Sungain Solar Reviews

The owners started out in solar in 2012 as a sole trader business, then transitioned into a partnership in ~2017, and as we grew even larger again we transitioned into a company in March of 2019. Solar has moved mountains since the first products became popular on rooftops in Australia. The continual advances in technology keeps us on our toes. It has always been our goal to translate our experience through to our clients and assure the quality of products we select to deal with.

We have been successful in building strong relationships with Australia’s largest solar panel distributors, which gives us the competitive edge with low price points for our clients. We pride ourselves on offering some of the longest and most encompassing product and workmanship warranties available in the industry. Most importantly, warranties that you don’t have to jump through flaming hoops to claim under.

Our base of operations here in Perth Head Office (67 Howe St, Osborne Park), primarily focuses on sales and service for our clients all over Western Australia, but also heads our national logistics network which can facilitate installations in every major city and regional area of the Eastern Sates and South Australia. This is made possible with the help of our team operating from the Gold Coast Office (1 Corporate Ct, Bundall QLD).

From start to finish, every time you deal with us you will be speaking to a local. Sungain Solar is a locally owned and operated business, with all service, sales and support staff operating in Australia.

Confidence is assured from Australia’s #1 Trusted Solar Choice.

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $5,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sungain Solar Reviews (35)

4.3/5

Excellent sales service

The salesperson was very friendly and helpful. She knew everything that I asked and provided quotes for several configurations of panels and inverters with all specs and warranty information.
I chose to go with them because they were very informative but not pushy and their pricing was nearly the cheapest quote I got, from a lot of companies, and the warranty is quite a bit longer.

The installation went smoothly apart from the installers arriving 2-3hrs late with no communication since a week earlier. The installers were quite friendly and helpful.

I'm not sure about the grid connection yet, I need to contact them regarding this and the consumption monitoring as I'm having some trouble setting that up too.

Best bang for your buck and the Sales ready to hear out and accomodate requests and pricing review.

Salesman Josh is super accomodating and was able to prepare 6 quotes for consideration.
The arrangement by the team for install date is kept up to date and we were informed progressively.
The installation team arrived on time had good manners and ran thru what has been done and how to monitor the system.

Recomended.

Original Review on 25-08-2021:

Sungain

Good sales people. Quickly installed at a good price. Some ongoing fault with the inverter which they are in the process of looking into. Recommend. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes definitely.

All ended up well

Despite some confusion on the day of the installation, everything was sorted out and the job completed on time.
The installers were efficient and tidied up the site when complete.

Fast & Friendly

Sales answered all my questions quickly and we friendly. The installation was fast, they guys were tidy and respectful. Explained how the unit worked and could be turned off if needed.
The process from start to finish was well explained, and thankfully fast. I would recommend

Original Review on 01-06-2021:

Best warranty provided

Sungain provided an excellent service, taking care of everything including permitting, grid connection, smart meter swap and supporting the inverter configuration for remote access.

Their advice on the brand of inverter was very honest and helpful in choosing the right system. Very responsive to the various queries during the quoting process.

The installation warranty of 17 years won me over in the end. Price is good for the system offered and installed.

The installation itself was smooth and quicker than anticipated.
All in all, a very pleasant experience.

8 months later we asked Anselm: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System performs largely to expectations.

Original Review on 01-06-2021:

Quality solar dealer

Sungain are efficient and use quality inverters and panels with 17 year warranty would recommend Original ratings

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

How do we know how much power we are importing on our system

Original Review on 24-05-2021:

Entirely satisfactory installation

We chose Sungain Solar because they offered REC panels with a 25 year guarantee and a Goodwe inverter, which seemed a good choice. They offered this at what was marginally the lowest price, and they also gave us a lesser option. The main negative of the company was that it did not yet seem to have a strong track record, but we appreciated the fact that offered a 17-year guarantee on installation. Of the other quotes we received, one only slightly higher was from a well established firm that offered panels that did not seem quite as good, and one that was higher still offered what seem to be excellent panels (Seraphim) but an inverter that seemed no better, coupled with software that seemed difficult to use, and the company had somewhat mixed reviews with regard to customer service.

The installation went smoothly, with no issues at all, and the company handled all required paperwork to put us on the grid. We have not yet found any reason for complaint, and hope none well arise, though of course this makes it impossible to judge post-sale customer service. Overall we see no reason not to recommend Sungain Solar to others.

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It seems to be doing very well. We were very happy with our last low electricity bill, and we have every reason to believe the next one will be even better.

Original Review on 13-05-2021:

Sungain Solar - I highly recommend them

The Installers arrive on the day they said they would, and after examining my roof, Installer said he would need to install some on the roof and some on the patio. I was pleased that he informed me at all times of any changes or issues he had installing the system. They were professional in the installation and cleaned up after themselves. All up I am extremely pleased that I went with Sungain Solar Original ratings

8 months later we asked Trevor: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Everything is fine with the system, and my power bill has gone from $380 to $28. The only issue I heve is installing and running the APP on my iphone. I would thoroughly recommend Sungain Solar

Original Review on 04-05-2021:

Should have done installation earlier

Sales quoting process was done without any pressure and Sungain's staff were helpful and responded to all my requests.
The installation went extremely well, with the installers taking great measures to ensure that the panels were
fitted to gain maximum light exposure on a difficult faceted roofline. installers knew their job and ensured that panels were fixed according regulations.
Sungain arranged all off site and onsite requirements and all documentation has since been forwarded as well.

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed extremely well, especially now that Summer is here and there is more sunlight each day.
Due to my roof design, I could only have 12 panels facing north and another 8 facing to the east.
The inverter constantly reads 4970kw at its peak. The recent power bill was sitting at a third of where is was in the previous year.
I have also been able to pass on information gathered from your website to friends and family who also have solar systems.
The system provides more relief from having to import power, rather than the rebate given from exporting units.
It has become more of an education on when to use electrical devices to get maximum benefit from your solar system.

Original Review on 30-04-2021:

Good Value System

Quoting System and Sales backup was good - answered lots of questions . I feel that a site investigation and measurement should be at this early stage rather than changes made at the time of installation

Installation was good , but system panels were too big and so panels placed on the western face will not be as efficient.
Old system removal could have been better - some minor metal fastening left on existing metal roof and roof not cleaned.
Sales backup minimal but no problems

8 months later we asked Les: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Best production from system has been 42kilowat . Ave from may 1 to Dec 31 ( 8 months ) 5900 Kw Av 27.5 / day

Very good experience. Solar Quotes made the decision making simple.

Sales/quoting process was very professional and follow up great. My queries were answered promptly and nothing was too much trouble for the sales person and other staff.

Installation was excellent and the two installers were very courteous, punctual and ensured a thorough clean up following installation.
Customer service was excellent and everything needed doing following install was completed seamlessly.

Original Review on 15-04-2021:

Simple process, high quality system and efficient install

Josh from Sun Gain took me through their options and had no problem with me fiddling and adjusting the quoted system to get exactly what I wanted. He was able to give answers to most technical questions and the confidence in their products was a big factor in picking them.

Installation was punctual and quick, with the installers eing pleasant and willing to take direction and confirming the system install with me before anything permanent was in place. The only minor issue was a fair number of tiles broken during the process with a number left sealed up rather being fully replaced, which is acceptable but not ideal. I think for any solar install on tile it is a good idea to find a good number of spare tiles (10+) in advance so that the installers can easily replace anything broken.

Overall my experience has been excellent, I am happy with Sun Gain and would recommend them again.

8 months later we asked Adrian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far the system is on track to pay itself off in power savings in approx. 2 years, so very happy with the investment.

Good service from Sungain

Customer service with Sungain was good. Everything was organised and sorted by them.

Original Review on 24-05-2021:

Smooth Solar Installation

Shane was excellent during the whole quoting process and responded promptly to any queries. Upon request, he arranged for an installer to visit the property to assess the roof space for the panels and came back with a recommended panel configuration that worked.
The installation was completed as scheduled with minimal intrusion and done neatly.

Grid connection was all done behind the scenes.
We did have some drama getting the app to pick up the Inverter and report the energy production as the instructions were a bit confusing but managed to get it done in the end.

7 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System performing to expectations

Great service from the solar company

I originally got three quotes from solar quotes and one of my own.
I had a budget I was working from then I decided on which system to go with which was in the middle of all the quotes.
I thought the sales quoting process was good, each of the companies were very professional.
The installation was quick, on time and they did leave a few things lying around the place but I don't consider that to
be a problem. Any questions I had were dealt with promptly.
The whole customer service process has been excellent and would recommend the company to any buyer.

Great service!

Superb customer service. Excrement response to all queries, presented multiple options and explained the pros and cons of both. Lovely staff, excellent communication. Highly recommend!!

All good except for last minute changes to the configuration at the last minute.

It was all very professional and efficient. One little surprise at the end when the panels did not fit as planned and had to be reconfigured, which came with a small price increase.

Good value for money

Sungain answered all my questions as they went along. The installation was prompt and the installers kept me informed. There was a small issue with the amount of panels that could be fitted but this was resolved easily.
The follow up after install was good and the panels seem to be doing everything they promised.

The information provided by Solar Quotes through the process was invaluable

Original Review on 04-11-2020:

S Howard's review

Sales easy explained about system
Installed quick and tidy no complaints
They organised things with synergy

8 months later we asked Stephen : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It's been brilliant better than I expected

Very Happy

At precheck the installer took the time to consider out of the box solutions as we have a skillion roof at different levels and a steel framed home. The installers on the day were polite, tidy, answered all my questions and did an excellent job. Would be very happy to recommend them.

Stress free install

Everything went smoothly from quoting to the installation highly recommend Sungain

Professional Service

Annie was awesome during the whole quoting process and responded very quick. She even explained everything in details as I am totally new to how solar systems works and advised with the best option for us depending on our needs. Quoting process was fast and spot on with my budget.

If you are up for Solar, best talk to Annie.

Great system at a great price

Quoting and sales feedback was extremely fast and quickly addressed all of my questions. Only lost points because they didn't ask about our raked ceiling, which complicated installation.

Installation was a bit messy, took about a day and a half. The installers managed to break about 25 roof tiles - more than I had spare. This may have been due to the difficulty of our roof though.

Customer service was top notch, only lost a few points because it took them several days to rebook to finish the job and another couple of days to send the inverter information through.

Very satisfied with product and service

After receiving a few quotes, I chose Sungain solar to supply and install a 6.6kw system. Found the overall experience to be satisfactory, with the upfront sales information being provided in a timely manner and did not find the sales person to be pushy.
Installation took longer than anticipated but the job was completed to a high standard.

I would recommend Sungain solar to anyone considering a solar system

Good communication and understood my needs

Sungain were responsive and understood my needs. Provided the best customer service and guidance on selecting a solar system of the companies that I dealt with.

Knowledge on sales

Very helpful and knowledgeable on products and were I could save money.
Polite installers, cleaned up after themselves and where neat.
After sales support also helpful and prompt

Great product, poor communication and install

> How was the sales/quoting process?

Sungain have issues with communication - many emails were either replied to late or not at all. They claimed they had a staff member leave at short notice but that doesn't change the experience I had during the install.

The quote used an out of date aerial. The house is completely different now (single story demolish and two story rebuild). I wanted an idea of where the panels would be laid so I had an idea of what it would look like and so I knew the installers wouldn't just wing it on the day. We also have a higher than standard roof pitch and I wanted to ensure that the installers would be aware of this to avoid wasting my time.

• Getting Sungain to update this took multiple emails and phone calls across two weeks.
• I also proposed a site survey prior to install - this was knocked back.
• Post install I requested the model and brand of the frame used to mount the panels. I had to ask three times before getting a response.

> How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?

The installers arrived on time but with plans containing a panel layout that did not match the one on the quote (west facing not north facing). I asked them to try and install it like the plans I had been sent if possible but to let me know what was possible before starting.

They were also not aware it was a two story house and did not come with enough people and had inappropriate safety gear. During the install metal framing was dropped off the roof, along with a drill.

There was damage to our property during the install:
• The installers scratched our brand new shed door (less than 24 hours after it had been built).
• They put a hole in our flyscreen.

They did not admit to these on the day but did once I called and questioned it.

How these things were handled after being raised:
• The installers replaced the flyscreen but incorrectly re-mounted the sliding door. They said it didn't slide properly beforehand but I fixed this myself after they left in about 10 minutes.
• The installers paid for a new shed door but did not offer to deliver it and I need to install it myself. Given the issues with the flyscreen door I think I prefer this.

> Post install
Sungain handle all the registration of your SMA inverter with SMA themselves, including creating an account for you. This sounds convenient but I prefer to do these things myself as I like to have control over my privacy settings.

a) Used the email address I contacted them on, which is not the one I use to register for account
b) Enabled sharing my data publicly in Sunny Places which shares my Address as well as my First Name and Last Name with any other users on Sunny Places

They apologised for enabling the data sharing and said they would ensure it doesn't happen for other customers but I would prefer they don't create accounts on behalf of their customers.

Found the electrician to be in to much of a hurry to have time for your questions.

Quoting process was online completely, no face to face. Installation was good although they said we had to contact company to collect old system. Not what was in contract. Setting up app was hurriedly told to you so still not done.

Up and running

Quoting was fairly painless, and they were one of the first to come back to me. I got a small discount when there was a stock issue with the quoted inverter which they had to swap for another brand.

Install was ok, few cracked tiles that they patched with silicone. Inverter was installed outdoors to minimise line losses, but requires me to install an enclosure if I want to protect the inverter in the future.

Overall customer service was ok, documentation came back in drips and drabs rather than a consolidated pack. The installers and sales are different companies from what I gather, so there's documents etc with different entities as the originator.

Would recommend Sungain. Very satisfied customer

Whole process including organising the interest free payments all went very smoothly.

Only thing that hasn't gone well is organising the smart meter so I can start claiming credit for power back into the grid. But as far as I can tell this is more an issue with Synergy and Western Power. I will need to chase them up again next week, it's nearly a month since our install and still no visit from Western Power.

Sungain Solar Quality Plus

Did my homework on SolarQuotes (excellent information) and other sites .. went with Sungain Solar
as Shane was great to deal with and I was able to get the system I was looking for at a good price ..
Would recommend Sungain Solar and SolarQuotes.

Great value for money, fast response, spot-on technically and with a hard working hands-on installation team

Sungain Solar provided me with excellent commercial, financial & technical information from the outset. The members of the Sungain Solar team that I dealt with were professional & always prepared to go the extra distance to compare & to explain the systems that were available & to compare alternative options within these systems. This included the associated relative efficiencies, costs, warranties & payback periods related to these options. In comparison, the information that competitors provided me to me with was not so helpful or informative. In a nutshell, nothing was "too hard" for Sungain Solar.

All warranties for workmanship & for the system installed were a minimum 15 years, which gave me "peace of mind" should any unexpected problems occur in the future

All aspects of the grid connection were handled totally & efficiently by Sungain Solar, with no delays or any additional or unexpected costs

The site installation crew were hard-working & experienced with a brief to make onsite modifications to the locating of the solar panels to provide small, but effective incremental output/cost benefits. This crew always readily provided me with helpful answers to my questions & had no problems in explaining the practical aspects of the installation.

Excellent & timely follow-up to any operational queries

Overall & individually, the Sungai Solar team also came across as being passionate about their work & the fact that they were providing environmentally sustainable, clean energy.

I would happily recommend Sungain Solar to anybody looking for both a cost-effective & environmentally friendly energy supply solution provided by a knowledgeable, friendly & hardworking team. I also learnt a lot along the way! Thank you Sungain Solar.

Solar panel and inverter installation.

Did good job with installation have not seen anything wrong. Too early to tell how efficient it is.