Sungen

Sungen Reviews

SOLAR POWER FOR A CLEANER FUTURE

Sungen is focused on providing the most efficient and cost effective solar solutions in the market to customers ranging from humble residences to large companies.

Our mission is to promote and implement the power network transition from an exhaustible, fossil fuel reliant grid to clean, renewable Solar Power.

Reviewers report paying: $4,150 - $6,430 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sungen Reviews (39)

4.9/5 but I rounded it up

If I were to pick the best thing, they were very competitively priced. I got the latest Jinko N-Type all-black panels + SolarEdge inverter. You also get 10 years workmanship warranty for that price. What gave me confidence is that they have a lot of experience doing both many large commercial rollouts as well as residential. James is a legend and Ervan knows his stuff.

The only hiccup was that they forgot to submit the paperwork to my energy provider so I went about a month without earning a feed-in tariff. Make sure you jump on that.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Fantastic overall experience

Quote supplied overnight after onsite assessment.
Quality installation provided over several days due to size of the system and poor weather.
Customer service including follow up has been brilliant

12 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system overall has exceeded our expectations. We have not had to make contact with Jackson from Sungen over any issue. We are confident however that Jackson would address any unexpected issue promptly and professionally if they arose. We are extremely happy.

Mixed result

Starting from sales I noticed slight push towards what has to be sold, not my requirements. Other than such small push I was explained most of what I asked for and quote was clear with what will be done for its price. I did my homework so was fine with sales with one exception - I was sold metering from Goodwe by being told it was required to have export limit. Turned that for this particular inverter limit is based on CT coil directly connected to the inverter. and metering had nothing to do with it. I wanted metering, however, for its price I would rather install something with better API saving myself from writing python scripts to operate Goodwe kit.

Installing wasn't as smooth. I must say, subcontracted installer was skilled and was able to install cables in wall cavities which weren't easy to operate within. At the end install looks nice. However, there were problems. First CT coil and metering was missing on delivery. No-one noticed. I was able to organize metering kit delivered second day but in relation to CT coil I was told I have no idea what is required. Turned I was right, they had to come two weeks later to add coil and this time cables weren't installed nicely. Next issue I noticed was panels stringed 13-13-10. Again, I was told this will be OK. It was not, it rendered system hardly usable from mid November till when it was rewired into 3x12 late December.It took substantial effort from myself to actually show why it does not work as expected. Last issue is with clamping zones, one row of panels has it off by around 10%.

On top of that some settings were initially incorrect (output limit to 50%, frequency allowed too narrow, etc) and had to be corrected after first light over a few weeks.

Despite the above I believe they were one of good installers, just not experienced with rare inverter and with assumption the customer is never smart. I had my roof condition reviewed by roofer who covers roof warranty and it turned all OK.

Quality service and system

Very satisfied with the service, installation and operation of the system

Good installer

Very happy with the overall experience with Sungen. Very professional. Answer all my questions very quickly. They arrived on time. System is working fine and no issues
I strongly recommend them

Sungen is an excellent provider at all levels. Quality products, excellent service and technical knowledge.

Excellent guidance and advice. The quoting process was easy and the price extremely competitive.
The installation process provided clear dates and times. Punctual, fast and very professional. No fuss and consultation when required. Minimal impact and all waste removed.
Excellent customer service. Advice and education provided with a post installation site visit by Jackson. Grid connection was seamless with the signing of a form provided.
Couldn't improve on this derive - no negatives with Sungen.

They actually listened

Great service throughout the process, during the system design phase they actually asked questions and listened to what we wanted, but also took the time to very importantly understand how we use our electricity, not just the amount, but the times of day, how our family works, where would we get the best results.

The installation crew were great, all very friendly, got about their business, did a fantastic install and left the place looking like they had never been there, apart from the solar system of course. Also had good follow up after install, they are more than happy to answer any questions.

Really rate these guys, and I know because I have worked in the industry so know what to look for.

excellent customer service at all levels

Jackson was amazing. He was understanding, prompt, patient with all my questions which he answered beautifully one by one. Installation was great. Too soon to tell about how its all working but i have complete trust in those guys from Sungen. It was all such a smooth process. Thank you!

Great communication and work

Great business, couldn't be happier with how it all went, excellent communication and fantastic workmanship on installation

Solar

It's been a smooth operation and I'm very happy with what I got

Well done Sungen

Extremely happy overall with our new solar system which has yet to be fitted with a smart meter to be able to feedback to the grid. Jackson from Sungen was great to deal with and happy to do a phone conference over the weekend when all parties were available. All questions answered promptly. Installers were on time, well-behaved and professional along with tiding up after themselves after work completed. With a lot of colour bond on her house and garage the Wi-Fi was struggling, the installer was back within three days for the booster to rectify the problem. The Enphase mobile app on the phone gives you statistics at a glance enabling You to understand your power usage better and use it more efficiently.

Smooth operation

Everything went smoothly. Turned up on time. Friendly employed installers. Completed work with no issues.Cleaned up all mess when done. THank you.

Great company to do business with

Jackson was great. Explained everything clearly gave me options and got us up and running

Easy process, quick installation

Great service - the only company that took the time to physically visit and go through things. Factual and honest.
Installation was quick easy and the team were very organized and professional.
No complaints here - and it looks lovely on the roof!

Great customer service; seamless installation

We have been very happy with our Sungen solar system, from the initial onsite visit through to having a fully functioning system. A shout out to Jackson who was beyond helpful; explaining options, pros & cons etc, & made the whole process completely painless. Our online monitoring system is simple enough for Luddites but provides detailed information about power generation & usage. The installation, done by cheerful company employees (a big bonus in our view), was quick & professional. The system was only functional for 2 hours before it got tested by a hail storm - came through with flying colours (whew!).

Arrived on time. Everything went smoothly. Explains everything in detail. More then happy to come on site and see my requirements. Very happy.

Great company. Well explained . Neat and tidy install. Variety of options for all budgets no hard sell.

Best ethical products choices, great service.

I got 6 quotes - 3 from solar quotes and 3 from neighbour recommendations. Jackson of Sungen was very informative and helped me Navigate ethical product and high efficiency choices. The install went well, the team was fast and the results are good. A bit of an issue with data drop out from wifi signal strength from the faraday cage on my meter box - but sungen is helping me sort it. Nice job!

Fantastic Representative, fast efficient and polite service from the company and installers.

After reviewing an extensive number of solar suppliers over the years, I accidently came across Sungen Solar through a referal company. Jaxon efficiently turned up and I was very impressed with his coverage of knowledge as he answered all my numerous questions. The service that followed was efficient, up front and Jaxon took great care to ensure we were onboard all the way. The fellas that came and installed the pannels were a pleasure to have, very polite, considerate, loved to have a chat with my boys and exceptionally efficient. They turned up on time, got the job done and were done before you knew it.

So far we are very pleased.

Briiliant

What a fantastic company to deal with. Professional, Prompt and honest hassel free service. A pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend Sungen for all your solar needs.

excellent communication

Great service. Easy to deal with. Delivered what and when promised. Happily helped me solve an unrelated IT problem at my end.

Jackson from Sungen came to our house and provided all the information we needed and a quote on the spot. All other companies contacted would only quote remotely, without a physical inspection. The Installation was completed within 1 week. Jackson followed up after installation to ensure the system was working properly.

Sungen local, professional and great service

Great service from whoa to go! The sales quoting process was honest, informative and very professional. The advice was certainly up to speed and very clearly explained. The installation was efficient and very well organised. The installers were polite, friendly, punctual and left absolutely no mess. Customer service is excellent and still in contact with Jackson who, good to his word, initiates communication regarding the system installed. The whole experience was excellent and met my expectations as recommended by other local people who have done business with them! I wanted reliable, durable and fit for my needs product; professional no worries installation and reliable professional service. I got it! Thank you Sungen! :)

Great service and install.

Sungen where quick off the mark to make contact. Had a really good visit from Jackson who was able to educate me more about solar and the best system for my place.
The install was hassle free. Great crew. Didn't even find a wire off-cut after they had cleaned up.
Great after install follow up with a home visit and availability by txt or phone for questions.
Couldn't be more satisfied.
Highly recommended.

Great Solar Experience

Sungen were great, from the initial phone call till completion the whole experience was friendly efficient and I was kept informed of every step, their quote was competitive and with no hidden costs. Great quality installation done in a timely fashion. They organised the grid connection, the replacement of my analogue meter, gave advice on possible electricity plans, assisted with the app to monitor the system etc. I have no hesitation in recommending Sungen for your solar requirements.

Great team at Sungen

In dealing with the team at Sungen, it was wonderful to deal with personnel that were truly interested in providing the best customer service experience. From the sales staff, to the installation team, to the technical support team, all were just great to deal with and nothing was a bother.

Best customer service in a long time

The whole process was a breeze.
I researched a lot before I chose the solar system and the installer.
Hands down one of the best experiences I've had with a business for a long time, so much so that I was motivated enough to write a review
Cant praise Jackson the salesman and the install crew enough. knowledgeable, efficient, timely.
Super stoked on the system thanks guys!

Original Review on 08-08-2019:

Thank you for your review Daryush. We understand that you had many quotations and you awarded us the work despite not being the cheapest.

11 months later we asked Daryush: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Has been a great system whit no issues.

Highly recommended. Very professional and knowledgeable

I have nothing bad to say about this company and the way it is handled.
Professional work, highly knowledgeable and honest company.
The installers were professional and did a great job.

Highly recommend.
Thanks again to Jackson and his team.

Efficient and effective

The Sungen salesman was friendly, helpful and well informed. He was well prepared by having looked at our house pictures on google maps and through his research on our electricity bill and this inspired confidence. The installation happened swiftly after we decided to go ahead. The installers were very professional and did what we considered an excellent job on the installation. Following the installation we had several texts to confirm the system was working correctly. I would recommend Sungen without reservation.

Seamless from advice/intro to install and wrap up. 100% excellent experience

Each stage of the process from my initial call for advice, the consult in which wide ranging and expert/common sense advice was given, the sales process, installation and wrap was 100% first class. Excellent personnel at every stage. I have great confidence in the product and Sungen.

Quality install for best price

Due to our very high electricity bills we have decided to check out the solar panel options which are available today. Our old 2011 1.5kw system had already recovered the install costs but was not helping with reducing our bills.

After a fair amount of research into the market, technologies etc. (Solarquotes was of great help) we concluded that it would make sense to replace the old system with a new one. To optimise ROI and minimise bills, it would have to be at the high end of the spectrum, 8-10kw and we would have to maximise to number of panels that could be fitted on the available roof area. Our view was that the most cost effective system would be based on a premium invertor (10 year warranty) and mid-range solar panels.

We invited eight installers to quote on a system based on this brief.
Sungen (one of the three installers recommended by Solarquotes) stood out with the best proposal for a very competitive price. It was based on Fronius Symo 10kw invertor with 40 Trina SplitMax 315W panels totalling 12.6kW. For this the panels would have to be installed in landscape mode (horizontally) which many installers do not support due to additional complexity. We also had Fronius Smart Meter included so that we can fully monitor the output.

From the initial quotation to the completion everything went very smoothly. The Sungen people I dealt with: Jackson (Sales), Chris (Install) and Ervan (Ops) have been very professional and a pleasure to deal with.
The system has been operational now for more than a month and we are very happy with the quality of the install and the generated output.

Thank you kindly for your positive review Val. We appreciate your methodical approach and patience during the installation of your reasonably complicated installation. We look forward to seeing high yields as we move into the summer months.
Jackson from Sungen spent hours answering all of our questions, was very prompt in following up and was a pleasure to communicate with at every stage. The panel installers and electrician were very competent and so pleasant to have around our house for the day. Sungen provides a superb service from first contact through to after sales service. The price may have been a bit more than the telemarketing companies but Sungen provides a a thoroughly professional operation, who know what they are talking about. We are so pleased that we chose this company. Thank you so much!!!

Thank you Susannah. We are very pleased to see that your system is already producing upwards of 30kWh a day which is excellent for your system size in early August.
Good follow up after numerous discussions about system design and capacity options. Once I had made my decision the installation was done quickly despite some unavoidable delays, waiting for equipment delivery and windy weather combined with a 30degree roof requiring the installers to wear safety harnesses.

Thank you for your positive review Nick. We were pleased to hear your feedback regarding the generation results of the Trina Splitmax panels.
Was given Sungen's details by a college and was really pleased with the whole process from sales right through to installation.
Before I chose Sungen I made sure they used the types of panels and inverters that you suggested were some of the best and most reliable.
Has been a pleasant experience , from the beginning.
Have dealt with Jackson, the sales rep before, & was the main reason I asked him to quote & install my second system.
Installation was painless, a good price and my questions and concern are answered promptly.
Overall, very happy with the product & customer service.
Sungen helped me work through what I wanted from my solar system and explained all the variation in the different technology panels and inverters. Local team helped manage the entire process from first meeting to installation.
Hi Finn, we had a really good experience with Sungen. The package we were offered by Sungen was excellent. Fronius inverter and Longi panels. All was installed within 2 weeks. The sales rep, Aaron, had excellent product knowledge and was able to offer an excellent deal on the spot. After due consideration we went ahead with Sungen.
The installers and installation was on time and done very professionally with no issues at all.
Overall the total experience was positive and I have since recommended Sungen to several other colleagues and family.