VV Electrical and Solar

VV Electrical and Solar Reviews

4.2

Based on 38 ratings  - Aus Ranking

VV Electrical and Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Horsham and serves parts of VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $4,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

VV Electrical and Solar Reviews (38)

$2,000 to $4,000

Solar made easy

I was given plenty of information polite friendly service the whole process was made very simple installation was only done last week so still waiting to be hooked up to the grid
Hide Sue's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Suntech

Panel Brand

Reducing energy costs in rural Victoria

Covid meant some delays in the process and getting appropriate information re the rebate scheme and completing the application proved a challenge as I was doing this from Bendigo and the property was in Birchip.
However the customer service was excellent and grid connection was organised.
A 3kw Solax system with 370 w tier 1 suntech panels x 10 were installed

$4,000 to $6,000

Happy customer

Had a problem with inverter. Quick to come back and replace
Hide Les's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

dont know (Other)

Original Review on 30-03-2020:

Solar install

Slight confusion at first as i was talking to a guy in Brisbane for a local company in Vic. We sorted that out quickly. Installation was punctual, and done in one day. Polite, no mess, and answered all our questions. Still waiting on the final grid connect for feed in tarrif. Told that this will take a little time as they cross the Ts and dot the Is. Very happy with service and install.

Follow Up Review on 29-11-2020:

System is reliable. 22 panels create about 5kw of power. Runs my hot water system nicely, have never had to switch to grid power in winter for 2 people. PowerCor in Vic took a long time to connect me up with solar conversion. About 6 weeks. They were taking the power from my solar into the Grid but not paying me for it during this time because the paperwork was not done. A bit scammy if you ask me. Greedy companies. Was on 12 cents per KW feed in, now 10 cents, and told that will be reduced to 7 mid 2021. Cheers
Hide Daniel's Comment

13kW

$8,000 to $10,000

Jinko Solar

Inverter Brand

Custom built with my needs and requirements given great consideration.

All the sales guys from all companies I spoke with were very helpful and Eager to help.
I chose VV elec as they were local, had good reviews, I was acquainted with the manager, they put my comments and requirements high on the priority list.

The system arrived way ahead of schedule and was put up over two days within a week despite some poor weather.

The price was very competitive and I was given varying options to choose from.

They instilled confidence in their product and service and I have had no issues with them meeting my realistic expectations.

The installers were quick and professional. And made no complaints about working around my other projects in the garden and on the roof etc.

4kW

Trina

Original Review on 29-07-2019:

As soon as the weather broke, they were here and installed in 3 hours.
Fantastic service for a small rural business that I would recommend to anyone.
Thanks guys and Jude for a terrific result.

Follow Up Review on 25-03-2020:

Our panels are facing west but still have produced an excess of 1932 Kw about 700 Kw more than our purchased amount since last August.
Our last bill was $10...what more can I say. We are thrilled.
Hide Peter's Comment

unsure (Other)

Original Review on 10-05-2019:

The team were very friendly and prompt. They have been helpful since installation as well.

We are having an issue with the rebate though. Solar Victoria pulled the rebate the day after our installation and are now refusing to pay the rebate. We are very angry about that!!

Follow Up Review on 16-01-2020:

we don't have a battery
Hide Dian's Comment

Amerisolar (Other)

Original Review on 07-01-2019:

Follow Up Review on 10-09-2019:

I have actually only had my solar panels installed for about 9 months, so have only received 3 electricity bills since commissioning. So far, the summer/autumn months have produced good results, with winter being much less beneficial; however, I was aware that this would be thee case. All-in-all, I am very happy with the system I installed, and will look to increase it's capacity if these trends continue.
Hide Greg's Comment

TRINA...........ALLMAX 305W (Other)

SMA

Original Review on 08-01-2019:

Hi VV Solar were extremely efficient. We put solar on a house & a cottage, 18 solar panels. 305w each on both houses at a very good price. we got german s.m.a. inverter + latest hi tech Trina Allmax solar panels. I would highly recommend vv electrical horsham. Very efficient & courteous. Many thanks Graeme Mc Dermott & Michael O Connell.

Follow Up Review on 04-09-2019:

YES I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY SYSTEM. I DID ASK FOR A HIGH QUALITY SOLAR SYSTEM... INVERTER & SOLAR PANELS... TRINA ALLMAX PANELS ALSO WE GOT A GOOD PRICE RE A COTTAGE WAS FITTED OUT 18 TRINA ALLMAX 305W PANELS &SMA. GERMAN INVERTER.+ A HOUSE SAME AMOUNT OF PANELS, SAME TYPE & A GERMAN SMA. INVERTER. WE ALSO LIKE THAT THESE INVERTERS ARE MONITORED RE PERFORMANCE FROM ELSEWHERE.
Hide GRAEME's Comment

Renesola

Original Review on 13-11-2018:

Follow Up Review on 17-07-2019:

Because of what I have questioned or stated, earlier in this survey, I'm not sure.
Hide Ingrid's Comment

Cost

The first contact with the sales person was excellent and good communication continued as we thought about the installation - all question honestly answered
The initial site audit went well - it matched your website's general recommendation (https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/6-kilowatts-solar-panels/) so it was your website that gave me confidence that I was in the ballpark with their recommendation and quote
Finance approval was so smooth - seamless
The installation has gone almost smoothly - the audit of the premises recommended 19 panels but 18 have been installed as the installers broke one panel - we are waiting for the 19th panel to be replaced and installed
Now waiting to have bureaucracy to approve the entire project - who knows when the govt/energy company will get around to it?
Hide Anthony's Comment

Trina

Original Review on 02-10-2018:

Limited information regarding inspection and when that would happen. The work was inspected yesterday (4 weeks post installation) and it was plain luck that I was at home to let the inspector in. He mentioned that I should have been given a date? Anyway installation was fast (about 4 weeks) although, again, i was not told when they were coming, just lucky i was home again! Physical installation only took a couple of hours, but it was mentioned that it was an easy install given it was on my shed. Based on the info provided on your site, I went with a Fronius Primo inverter and Trina Allmax panels which I was told by the installers was a good selection. This made me pretty happy .

Have not had a power bill yet, so can't wait to see what a $7000 solar system does for us.

Thank you.

Follow Up Review on 07-06-2019:

I think so? Did not really have many expectations, just to lower our ridiculous energy bills which it has done dramatically during the sunny days. Not so much on the cloudy ones.

Our bills dropped from $300 per month to $100 but, the last bill was $320. Cloudy days, heater on more often and for longer periods etc.
Hide Steve's Comment

Cost

Poor communication before hand and no follow up phone out of 22 panels nearly half face south
Hide Rick's Comment

Cost

The supplier was eager to please up until we paid the full price. We are still waiting for a receipt of payment. We are also still waiting for the system to be approved and linked up to mains so we can get our Govt rebate and get rebate from our electricity supplier.
The salesperson was all talk then once we paid we went off their radar for service.
I would not recommend going through them.
Hide Bronte's Comment

Jinko Solar

Original Review on 21-01-2018:

Follow Up Review on 26-09-2018:

Yes except for issues raised above. Major reduction in power bill. Approximately 70%
Hide John's Comment

Cost

Only been on for 3or 4 weeks but very pleased so far 5.5 kw solar x battery working fine good investment
Hide Rodney's Comment

Original Review on 18-01-2018:

There was zero written advice to explain exactly what was to follow once installation was completed.

The "instruction book" published in China is totally useless in helping to explain the various values the inverter is capable of displaying - i.e. no way of discovering if the panel can display total kW generation at close of day - not just the kW value at the moment of inspection.

It was only after five weeks from installation that it was discovered the "government man" to pass the system as OK [to allow sale back to the grid] was on holiday until the week commencing 22/01/18. As at today 18/01/18 there is no indication as to when he will attend. Admitedly the system is generating power against daily use [see above].

NOTE: The supplier chosen was A] The only Australian to apply B] spoke proper English - not a Sub Continent variety and C] was geographically close by - not calling from QLD. As a consequence I never received quotes other than that from VV Electrical & Solar. Thus the "scores" above are purely conjecture. there being no alternatieves to compare against. The questions themselves should be re-phrased. As a total novice in the matter of solar energy, how is the average homeowner to judge the THIRD question being asked? Maybe it is supposed this is NOT the first solar installation being experienced.

Follow Up Review on 19-09-2018:

1. The whole system was installed in the latter half of December 2017.
2. Payment of Deposit [$1,573] made on !4/12/17 and full installation completed before Christmas 2017.
3. Balance of payment $4,600 was made on 8/01/18.
4. No further input was recieved from the installing company VV Electrical & Solarb 9 Harriett Street, Horsham VIC 3400.
5. From memeory the installing electrician eventually provided Certificate of Installation details to Powercor in Febuary or March 2018.
6. My file note on 9/03/18 records Andrew of Powercor still waiitng for advice from VV Electrical re power supply company [i.e. Energy Aust]. 9/03 Energy Aust still waiting for response from Powercor ??? Cannot now remember what all that was about!!!
7. A/c from Energy Aust listing $60.68 meter reconfriguration dated plus usage totalling $203.12 to 24/04/18 rcvd otherwise payable on 04/09/18.- Arranged for payment to be held over until issue of solar panel input resolved.
8. Futher a/c for Energy Aust listing $768.39 usage to be paid by 07/09/18 - Arranged for non payment pending input of solar panel benefit since January 2018. Still waiting.
9. Consequently have no idea where matters now stand and what benefit to date is to be received from the solar panel installation.

2kW

Original Review on 02-11-2017:

Overall a pleasant experience, great explanation of the product and good outline of various aspects of the systems. From the initial contact right through to installation, then follow up was terrific.Fast installation and system is performing well.

Follow Up Review on 05-07-2018:

When I finally got it sorted out with Powercor(they kept saying that I didnt have a solar system)connected,for 4 months .The summer was mostly over but overall the system seems to be performing great.
Hide Graeme's Comment

BYD Solar

Original Review on 29-08-2017:

There was a minor hiccup with the company however it was quickly remedied
by the management and everything is good

Thanks Colin, it's got to be right. We appreciate your business. Hiccups sometimes happen, but if your installer is close by they can quickly address issues.
Thanks again.

Follow Up Review on 01-05-2018:

Yes the system has performed well, in fact we have extended our system to 10Kw, we are 3 phase at our situation, so we
discussed with our supplier and was happy to extend rather than add battery system.

Cost

Thank you for your help the prices I was given varied greatly mainly pending on quality l believe in if you are doing it do it right the first time
VV Electrical and Solar surpassed in all ways from first contact, thier advice and professional manner and workmanship "highly recommended "
Hide Keith 's Comment

more than $20,000

Original Review on 26-07-2017:

I just liked the way they went about the job, finished in 4 hours and the way the inverter was installed it was a credit to them a very neat job thanks boys. Brian

Thanks for the feed back Brian. We value our cliients and always try to do the best job we can, but it helps when the client is great to work with.

Follow Up Review on 26-03-2018:

Yes very pleased with the performance monthly bill only averages about $15 for two people.
Hide Brian's Comment

more than $20,000

Cost

I decided to use the local company over the other company that was based on the gold
Coast
Hide David 's Comment

Cost

Great install quick, tidy and performing as expected.
Hide Dean's Comment

Cost

The service and workmanship was first class and the system works a treat
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

VV Solar are keen and courteous.
Hide Geoff's Comment

Cost

They are prompt.Very competitive. Friendly and I would highly recommend them.
Hide Marisa's Comment

Cost

At this stage we have not had the system installed so can’t answer some of the above questions. Should all be happening later this month.
Hide Angie's Comment

Cost

Thanks for your feedback. Customer service and fast efficient installations are essential for our business. Thank again.
Hide Jacqui's Comment

Cost

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. We do strive to give the most competitive price on quality systems.
Hide Alan's Comment

Thanks Andrew,
Things just have to work and work well.
Hide Andrew's Comment