Westsun Solar

Westsun Solar Reviews

We are proudly West Australian owned and operated. That means caring for our beautiful state is a priority to our team. Westsun Solar only uses Clean Energy Council Accredited installers.

Reviewers report paying: $2,850 - $8,300 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Westsun Solar Reviews (86)

4.4/5

Two houses installed.

We had Westsun Solar install a system at two properties we own all in the same week. The same team was used for both jobs with the result being fantastic on both jobs. Well done Westsun Solar.

nice installer, good installation

The quoting process was quick.The installation was punctual.The customer service was good the grid connection was ready after the install

On time, as per quote

We came into this not knowing very much at all about solar, and learned a lot thanks to SolarQuotes and all three of the companies that quoted for us. All three provided three strong quotes with good alternatives, but we had by that time decided what system to purchase – using the new Sunpower Maxeon 400 watt panels teamed with a Solar Edge optimised inverter – and two of them quoted on that. Westsun provided the better price and won the business.

Their sales team were very helpful, and the office and installation teams very professional. A measuring team came around to check that the system could be fitted as per the quote, and my assumption was that there would be "contingencies" or issues that would change the price, but instead they confirmed what had been proposed, and set an installation date less than two weeks away. On the day the team turned up pretty much on time, worked hard all day, and by late mid-afternoon we had a solar system. It was much easier and more professional than I had hoped. The office staff had liaised with Western Power and Synergy, so the system went to work the same day with no glitches.

The only disappointing factor was that for some reason Solar Edge have decided that they no longer support energy usage data for the user, so we can see what energy we are generating but not how much we are using or returning to the grid. Very, very annoyed with Solar Edge!

Great company to deal with

From the time I received the quote to the installation everything went smoothly. Nikki the salesperson to deal with and when she could not answer my queries she referred me to Ben the director and all questions answered. Chris the installer was very professional and left our place very clean. Not a single roof tile was broken. I highly recommend Westsun.

Westsun Solar

The whole process was very easy with a knowledgable sales person. Arranged someone to visit to walk me through the solar systems.

Once signed up the company arranged everything and was very streamlined.

Installation went well, they were punctual and cleaned up after themselves.

All up a very positive experience.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Early stages but happy

We had a 6.6kw system with a 5kw fronius inverter installed by westsun solar. The panels are Q-cell. We are happy with the price, customer service, installation and performance so far. We have only had the system installed for five days, but all seems to be running well. We couldn't fit all the panels facing north due to already having solar hot water. So we have some panels facing east. The system has been producing 43kwh a day since being installed.

Professional competent, fast delivery

Everything about Westsun was perfect. 2hours for the owner to come and quote me after I rang and everything after that was as smooth as silk, efficient, on time, excellent installers,price was perfect and all the paperwork was done by Westsun.

An absolute pleasure to deal with such an efficient company. I would recommend them to anyone

Great install day and system looks great and working well

I found Westsun Solar via solarquotes.com.au ... they were the best value for money of the 3 quotes (sensible price for quality panels and inverter). Install day went great. Really professional crew who walked me though the process and it looks great. Started 7am and were done by ~2pm. Would recommend them to anyone. If I had to pick flaws their quoting documentation was a bit slap-dash and the handover after install could have been more informative (partly my fault as I left close to the end). The app on my phone works well and I love seeing the energy being captured. The WiFi connection dips out every now and then, but the machine catches the records up when it reconnects. Westsun quoted and arranged for another great crew to come and install a heat pump up to replace the gas system the same day - that was installed in 2-3 hours. The 270 L iStore Heat Pump was $3000 including Government Rebate.

Westsun - Solar install in Perth

Westsun did a professional job from quote to install. None of the 3 companies that provided the quotes were pushy. I ultimately went with Westsun as they had the best price once I had asked for a price comparison of the system I preferred which was Fronuis Primo with 19 x Q.Maxx G2 350w panels plus Fronuis smartmeter. Westsun had originally quoted this system.
Westsun organised the meter change out with Western Power after we provided a copy of our bill and then came and installed early this week. 3 guys - all done easily in one day - making power by 3pm.
Very happy and a bit addicted to watching the power consumption on the Solarweb site.
The smart meter was worth the extra cost as it allows me to see - amount produced - what is directly consumed and what is sent tot he grid.
I have been able to see what using different appliances use during the times of their operation.

Great friendly service

From start to finish Westsun were fantastic. The installation crew were very helpful, polite and professional. Fair price and great service

Ok service but after installation not much of a service.

Very good service until they install everything but afterwards if you have any issues, they will tell you, sorry we are booked till next year.

Excellent Service from enquiry to after installation!

They were very prompt with enquiries from initial quote to after installation. Especially grateful to Nikki for her patience with my queries and very friendly service. Ben was also great, taking the time to explain to us how it all works - as I have no idea how! - and giving us genuine information on the different options available. They were not pushy with sales and respected our budget and choice.

Selection of a solar system was so easy

First a big thank you to Ben and the whole team for the selection and installation of our solar system.

Ben was great to deal with and answered all my questions promptly and efficiently. He even got me over the line regarding the orientation of our panels. The Keep it Simple comparison table was so useful to ensure we could compare like with like.

The installers were a great team and kept us entertained with background singing. They arrived on time and left no mess. We could not ask for more.

We look forward to many years of reliable service and reduced power bills.

From the get go these guys were professional in every way. Admin was very friendly over the phone and sent me a few options, they also have their own installation team who were friendly and did a great job minimal fuss. They came in did the job and answered a few other questions of mine and showed me how it all works. Although l haven't seen a new bill yet due to just having the system installed, l'm very happy.

Thanks guys

Regards

David Brabazon

Westsun quoted and delivered as promised. The process through Solar Quotes was simple and effective. Thank you.

All delivered as quoted and on time. Installers were efficient and polite. I'm a happy camper!

Westsun Solar were great

Very attentive when quoting and offered to fix a tiling problem on east side of our roof at no extra cost. Panels were installed on north and west side. Installation went well and workers were professional and polite. They helped with everything, meaning it was a very simple process for us. Have recommended Westsun Solar to several other people.

Very Happy. Excellent service

Evrything was very easy with westsun solar. From quoting to the install. A full 2 storey install took less than 8hrs, very impressed

Quotation & Installation

Just had a 6.6kw solar system installed by Westsun Solar.
From start to finish I found them very efficient, with Lisa quoting on the type of panels and the inverter I had requested, nothing appeared too much trouble. She gave me a very competitive quote and I got what I had asked for after one or two changes to the original. Lisa did all the organizing with Western Power, doing all the paper work, etc, I didn't have to do a thing.
On the day of installation, Jesse and his team arrived on time. He explained the procedure in what they were about to carry out, where the best place for the inverter and the placement of the panels on the roof.
At the completion, he went over the set-up of the inverter and what I had to take notice of, etc as well as setting up the WiFi connection.
Overall, I would rate Westsun Solar 5 stars from start to finish and would recommend them to anyone looking to have a Solar system installed.

Incredibly Professional Company

After numerous quotes I have no doubt that I made the right decision to have Westsun Solar provide and install my solar system. Lisa in the office kept me up to date at all stages in the process and replied to all of my questions very efficiently. I couldn't be happier with the professionalism of everyone I dealt with at Westsun. I highly recommend Westsun and will definitely refer friends to them.
Thankyou Lisa and Westsun.

Great customer service

Competitive prices , efficient customer service and friendly installation team. I am very confident with their experience and I am hoping that they Will maintain the good customer service in the future as well not just until the sale is completed.

Excellent Communication and Installation

We are finally generating our own electricity thanks to the Westsun Solar team. The quotes from Ben were competitive. Lisa was very helpful with keeping us informed of Synergy and Western Power progress leading up to installation. The installation went smoothly with only 5 broken roof tiles, but we had plenty spares available. The installation of 20 Q Cells Maxx 330 W panels and Fronius Symo 5kW 3 phase inverter started at 8am and finished at around 2pm. The installation is generating an average 26kwh per day and we are in April. Very impressed.

Efficient and smooth installtion

We were contacted by Ben and a quote was sent through. He was well prepared in the quote with the panel position sky view of our roof. Gave us three different quotes to meet different budget requirement. All necessary information relating to the inverter, panels and finance options were sent together. They do not use sub-contractors. Organizing the installation was easy. The crew sent to install were sharp on time, they were polite and cleaned up well after the job was done. So far the customer service has been good. Hopefully if some assistance is required down the line they would still be just as efficient.

No Problems

No problems that is the main thing you want when doing any project. I specified the inverter an panel types Westsun supplied and installed on time within my budget. Final inspection that a neat and tidy job had been done within the regulations.

Friendly and Professional

The sales and quoting process was friendly and painless, not pushy and very helpful with all my questions. The installation process was also friendly and professional, not rushed and left the site clean and tidy. Customer service was and still is friendly, helpful and prompt.

Original Review on 24-06-2019:

8 months later we asked Shayne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very much so....should have installed this system years ago

Good team and quick installation

Excellent company to deal with.
Good product and workmanship
Installation completed in less than a day

Exceptional Service

From my first contact with Lisa in sales, the service has been first class, from the initial visit to identify the problem with my existing system through to final completion Lisa kept me fully informed. They fully explained the issues and a number of various options for replacement of the current inverter and upgrading my system to current standards. Once we'd agreed they scheduled the replacement, Lisa keeping me fully informed of a couple of days delay, the technicians turned up on time and relocated the inverter to another more suitable area. The system now works a treat.

Great installers and installation!

Lisa was brilliant in going through the quoting process with me and kept in constant communication. The installers Nick and Callum were so lovely and did such a great job installing the panels. They explained everything really well to me. The staff at Westsun Solar are hard workers. I would highly recommend Westsun Solar!

Smooth installation...savings here we come

Staff were all friendly, polite and knowledgeable from the office staff to the serviceman who installed the panels. The instalment of the panels was done with very little disruption to the running of our business, they were very neat & tidy, leaving no mess behind. They kept us up to date with the progress of the installation at all times. They organised everything and kept us informed at all times. Definitely would recommend them.

Original Review on 21-08-2018:

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Better;
Installer put foot through roof
We were very happy with the professionalism of the staff and the installers.
Great people to deal with and supplying a top quality product.
I would highly recommend this company.
I had been let down by the solar company I had originally selected whose installer turned up 2 hours late on installation day, took one look at the complicated double-storey roof of my townhouse, listed other problems such as the wavy roof tiles and precipitous NE roof, and left! This was after I had spoken to about 10 solar companies, each of whom seemed to contradict the other, upsold me on expensive panels and inverter, or didn’t want to come out to measure up before doing the job. Getting a solar system was rapidly heading for the 'too hard' basket and I had all but given up. Then I stumbled across Westsun Solar on the internet, and was intrigued by all the rave reviews. Could any solar company actually deliver what they promised?

Apparently they could! Lisa in Sales answered all my questions in full and - best of all, insisted that the roof be measured up before she would even quote on the job. Westsun was only one of two companies to have someone get up on the roof before installation day to make sure there were no nasty surprises, and this impressed me no end. Nick, the Operations Manager, came out and measured up the roof to see exactly what was possible, and spent two hours with me going through the previous company’s deal-breaker issues and allaying any fears I had that Westsun too might not be able to do the job. Because the NE roof had been flagged as a problem in terms of only being able to accommodate 5 panels (which I had been told by other installers might not start the inverter), Nick gave me two options for panel layouts and system sizes, and left the final decision up to me. He assured me, however, that the larger system with 5 panels on the NE and 7 panels on the NW roof orientations would work really well, and ultimately his knowledge and confidence won me over. I decided to go with the 3kW Goodwe inverter and 12 x 315w Risen panels, a really well-priced budget system using quality Chinese components with a great track record.

Two weeks later, the installation team arrived on time, set up the plastic bollards and 'Men Working' signs and got down to work. Chris did a fantastic job of installing the inverter after working out with me the best place for it to go in the garage, and all the cabling and connections are neat and straight. Jesse, Kade and Jamie worked away installing the panels on the roof and - to my surprise - didn’t break a single one of the wavy Tuscan-look roof tiles which I’d been warned by another company were a nightmare to work on, advising that I should have plenty of spares handy! At the end of the job, my garage was neatly swept and all packaging placed in the recycle bin, and I was given all the necessary instructions and warranty documentation by Chris before the guys left.

Yesterday my 3.78kWh system produced 22.8kWh - far more than I’m consuming - so I’m looking forward to tiny electricity bills in future! The inverter starts at sunrise without any problem just as Nick said it would, so all up a great result!

Westsun Solar’s 'can do' attitude is what sets them apart from other solar companies. Where other companies saw problems, they saw solutions. I am absolutely delighted that what I thought was going to be a really stressful install was just routine to them. They did the job another company couldn’t, and did it very well. I have already recommended them to two of my friends who are looking to expand their solar systems, and can attest to their being a highly professional, proactive, non-pushy company who listens to the customer and delivers what they promise - and more!

UPDATE 20/7/2020:
My 3.78kW system has surpassed my expectations, reducing my power bills by 72% over a 12-month period compared to the previous year. The installation on my exposed double-storey roof has also withstood a couple of really bad storms which tore large branches off neighbours’ trees. Despite being told by a competitor company that 5 panels on my NE-facing roof wouldn’t be sufficient to start the inverter, the system hasn’t missed a beat. I’m so glad I trusted Nick and went with Westsun’s expertise.

Regards

Vicki
The panel supplier ran out of stock of the panel I had selected and WestSun Solar contacted me a couple of days prior to the install date and provided alternative panel options they did have in stock. I was happy with the alternative panel and we went ahead with the install on the scheduled date. The team completing the install were great and everything went according to plan. I had the smart meter installed with my Fronius Inverter and its well worthwhile. I can see how much the PV system is producing vs what I am using (Live).
Would highly recommend them to anyone. Start to finish they were superb. Very happy with the outcome. No pressure - and felt like I was being looked after the whole way through.
The whole experience was totally stress -free given that we knew nothing about "Solar". But after speaking to Lisa and the team and watching them in action we feel confident to recommend Westsun to all our friends and family. Thank You Team Westsun.
The installers were very professional and cleaned up after, and they never stopped working.
Sales staff were helpful, phone calls were returned when promised, information provided promptly,
installation technicians were prompt, polite and cleaned up when finished. The whole experience was easy.
Yes. Thanks Finn will recommend your service to friends.regards Peter.
From the date that I accepted Westsun Solar's quote and I paid my deposit, the installation of my 6.51 kw (21 x 310 w panels) system was commenced and completed in about three week, which was very quick.
The installers were most efficient, professional, and polite.
I was most impressed.
Excellent experience from get go ladies in office very helpful and installation done fast and professional.
Westsun solar gave me the three options of solar
system to choose from. Are not pushy and price are similar to other companies.
We had five quotes, all a bit of a minefield, looked on Finns website, he recommended Westsun Solar who were far more knowledgeable and genuine than the others. They looked after all the details and kept us in the loop start to finish which has just happened now with a superb install team who fitted 24 panels & a Fronius inverter started 7am and left at 12.45 pm. The system is knocking out the full amount of power and we are very pleased with every aspect of the job. Highly recommend Westsun Solar.
Thank you to Lisa for her very professional service and Mark and his team for a great installation of our solar panels. I would highly recommend Westsun Solar to anyone.
great customer service and communication.
Two companies contacted me but I never heard from the third.
Lisa from Westsun solar was amazing to work with. She spent considerable time with me answering every question I had and there were many. I was considering another company who gave a cheaper quote but they didn’t follow up like Lisa did. I chose exceptional service over a few hundred dollars savings as that level of customer care is more important to me. In the end while I was making up my mind Lisa called to offer a special a supplier was offering so we saved $500. Very happy indeed!