Yuma Energy

Yuma Energy Reviews

Yuma Energy began in October 2015. They are a fully accredited CEC Approved Solar Retailer that uses in-house installers, customers will deal directly with electricians and not salesmen. With a staff of 10 and over 650 installs under their belt you can be assured you will have a long-lasting, quality solar system installed. They offer obligation-free quotes and will break down the entire solar proposal into layman’s terms that anyone can understand.

Reviewers report paying: $4,648 - $6,497 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Yuma Energy Reviews (24)

Excellent work, great communication, quick response to quotation and all follow up questions.

Quotation was quick and very professional looking, they communicated everything clearly.
We found most things ran smoothly, as there was an issue with the energy meter, not anyone's fault. They were out to fix it on the same day. The team listened when it came to where the best place was for the inverter. They showed me the plan for the roof, told me how long they would be and ran to the timeline. The installers were polite neat and friendly.

Original Review on 04-08-2020:

Best system and value for money

Sales process was good.
Installation was noisy but quick. 3 men all polite and friendly and punctual.

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has performed beyond my expectations. My first bill after installation was minus $98.00 which was refunded to me by the provider. The second quarter was not so great due to lots of cloudy weather but still below zero. The first quarter of 2001 doesnt look promising either once again due to cloudy rainey weather but I still have some money earned in the kitty. I am able to run my pool motor everyday for 8 hrs and do all my washing and dishwashing and most cooking without drawing anything from the grid in fact my total input to the grid is much more than my usage at night.

Happy with Yuma

Really happy with Yuma - they worked hard to get the order, did an efficient and clean install, and followed up after to see if we were happy.

Good customer service

Efficient salesperson and quick installation by a good installer. The after sales service has also been great.

Solarreview

The assessment of roof area was wrong. Did not see skylight and measurements when done limited one area went from 22 panels to 18 and 6.6 kw system and 5kw inverter. Further “tigers”? On one area possibly affected by brick chimney. Inverter put in day later. Installation ok, but obviously roof assessment and quoting inadequate.

Original Review on 31-05-2020:

Smooth and professional all the way.

This install was low stress and easy. The salesman explained the system and how it would work, the brands were well reviewed, the price was competitive and the install was straightforward.
I can recommend Yuma without hesitation, every step of the process was friendly and respectful. The installers were professional and left the place tidy - couldn't ask for more.

8 months later we asked Antony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has. I still look at the online monitor ~weekly just to be sure all is well, but it always is! The best thing about this solar system is that I don't have to worry about it, it just works.

Answered all questions during quote period, installation team did an excellent job

Sales Manager Wayne was incredibly patient and gracious to a fault with answering my copious technical questions and even organising a conference call to discuss aspects of the quote that their customers don’t even ask questions about. Was recommended an appropriate system (32 x 365W REC Alpha with 32 x Enphase iQ7+ microinverters) for my medium-heavy shaded roof in winter. Ended up choosing Yuma over other quotes I received (from GEM Energy, SAE Group, MC Electrical and LMS Electrical) due to price-performance ratio. That being said, SAE, LMS and MC Electrical all gave quotes to me with no BS with appropriate hardware quoted for my home. Deposit paid 30 October 2020, Stef from admin organised paperwork for grid connect application on time and install date booked for 5 January 2021 due to our moving house to the installation house in late December 2020). On install date, Ryan, Lloyd and Andrew turned up on time and began installing rails on roof neatly with all electrical work being done very well. CEC sparkie Tim showed up an hour later with the panels and began installing Enphase equipment back to back with switchboard as requested. My roof was not an easy one to install onto but the team did an excellent job doing a compliant and neat install so that no conduit was left exposed on the roof. Panels were installed on the roof very neatly and certain aspects of my switchboard were upgraded as discussed that morning. Tim gave me an excellent introduction to the monitoring capabilities of the Envoy system at commission time (about 5:30pm) and I am looking forward to receiving my log-in details for the Enlighten website/mobile app in the very near future. Also looking forward to hearing back from admin about reference numbers so I can chase up Energex about updating the old spinning disc meters to smart meters so that exporting can commence. I can confidently recommend Yuma for those who have a complicated roof install. If they can get mine done right, they’ll get a simpler install done right as well.

Good Customer service. All enquiries promptly followed up. Installers arrived on time and seem to have done an excellent job.

Solar is the best way

At the beginning we were a bit confused as to which company we shoud go with. All 3 companies were polite, knowledgeable, and had the stock, equipment, and qualified staff ready to install the system. In the end we chose Yuma energy. I guess the long phone call helped.
Customer service was excellent and installation before Christmas. The installers were kind and answered questions whilst they were working. They ensured the connections were complete and "no hassle" with the Grid company. They even installed a wifi unit that monitors the system and reports back to the company.
A Hot water timer was part of the deal, so we have hot water that operates during the day.
We are very happy with Yuma energy and look forward to a long solar system and cheap bills.

Great job!

Yuma's sales/quoting process was smooth, with the option to generate a PDF, although the numbering system of the clauses in the Terms & Conditions reset at each paragraph - they are looking at fixing the latter, and sent me a separate T&C document with the correct numbering.

Yuma were very responsive to my queries.

The installation was performed on time and the meter upgrade to current standards (fireproofing, hinged door, etc.) performed at the same time. The meter upgrade was included in the cost and was approx $1,200. They replaced a couple of tiles that were accidentally broken with spares I already had, and even replaced some that were already cracked.

They organised the grid connection.

Great communication and service

I asked a thousand questions and they were all answered in a friendly informative way. Then they turned up and did a professional job and willingly answered any queries I had after they had my money. What more could anyone want?

So I had then put another system on my rental property. I needed honesty because I knew nothing about solar systems and Wayne and Fraser answered everything with patience and honesty.

Great sales, install and post install support.

Happy with sales and install.
After install we experienced some over voltage dropouts and the after sales support guys assisted with submitting a ticket with the network provider (Energex) and called me to update me.

Great company, letdown by poorly performing software on this particular inverter.

Knowledgeable And friendly sales person. The detailed quote was emailed back in a professional report. No issues with install- the 2 guys turned up as scheduled and were tidy and professional. The only issue has been after the install... we still have problems with the sun grow software 3 weeks After our install. So we are unable to accurately monitor how much energy we produce against how much we are using.

Best Overall

Realistic explanation, no hard sell, matched quotes, Best warranties & service, ease of application, great monitoring.
On time and efficient installation.

Easy, efficient install, savings from the get go.

After researching for months on solar for our property we found Yuma Energy. We were after a company that provided sales, installation and after install monitoring/support.

Fraser and the team at Yuma don't use sub-contractors or labourers. Being an electrican himself, Fraser understands the install process front to back and has the ability to explain technical aspects of solar systems in away thast easy to understand.

We opted for 2x 5kw sungrow inverters with 19x330w panels on each inverter. In the early weeks of our system we have seen substantial savings not only with the perfomance of the panels but also with Yuma energys advice on how to maximise our properties energy efficiency. We have also opted for the 3rd party monitoring system so we can see exactly how our energy is being used.

Our savings are predicted to be enough to cover not only our electric bill but also our gas and still receive a credit.

The installation process was quick, effecient, clean and most importantly safe. the installers took the time to be thorough with install and involved us in every decision.

I highly recommend Yuma energy and will be recommending their services to all.

Happy solar customer

The sales person was very helpful and knowledgeable, friendly , polite and well organised.
The installation team were prompt, efficient, tidy and friendly.

Professional

Sales Team were friendly and Informative. Happy to answer endless questions. After install service has been great.
Installers arrived on time, professional and talked us through the whole process before beginning.

Yuma Energy great to deal with

From the start James was up front and honest. He listened to us and went through the different levels of systems with quality and price. We ended up going for a 10kw system consisting of Seraphim blade panels and a Sungrow 8kw inverter. All is working fine and going well. James is a credit to the company and would highly recommend him.

Yuma Energey - 5 stars for service and price!

They called me within an hour of submitting my survey (and it was on a Saturday!) and answered my million questions. They gave me fantastic advice and were able to install within days of me making my decision. Exceptionally happy with the quality of the products, the service that was given pre-install, during install and post-install. Highly recommend.

Great all round

Yuma was great to deal with from word go. They were extremely quick to respond with a quote, as well as all follow up correspondence. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They offered various options based on our needs and provided non biased advice, and was able to answer all our questions. They were enthusiastic and proactive in finding the best solution for us without the high pressure 'sales' push. In the end Yuma Energy was able to offer the best option for us. The installation turn around was also very quick, and this team was also very efficient and friendly. Overall we have been very happy with our experience with Yuma Energy, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to family and friends.

Yuma Energy 10.5kw system.

Explained all the information about the solar system prior to purcjase and install. Quote, install and after sales support was all quickand hassle free. Quicker to quote and install than other companies that had been contacted.

Amazing work. Would recommend to anyone wanting Solar.

These guys were fantastic. Honest, explanatory and all questions answered. The install
was problem free.. the installers were friendly and courteous. Kept things tidy and cleaned up beautifully once job was completed.

Fantastic Service!

We received multiple quotes from many different companies, however from the very first communication with the team at Yuma Energy, we decided they were the ones to go with for our solar. The quote was extremely well priced for the product we received and all communication was timely and friendly. On the installation day, we had to work, but felt trusting of the team to leave them to do their job. Upon completion, we were sent pictures of the panels on the roof which put our mind at ease that everything was done, and they looked fantastic. The team were punctual and well mannered. No mess was left, so it was easy from start to finish. After the installation, we received a phone call explaining the system and how to connect to see the usage etc, which was extremely helpful. User manuals were also left so we were able to have a read. Since installation, we had an electricity bill for the first quarter following, however have been in credit ever since. I will 100% recommend Yuma Energy to any person that is thinking of installing solar panels. Not only was the communication fantastic, but the whole process was easy and seamless. Thank you guys so much!

Solar review

Competitive and speedy quote. Quick installation and great customer service.