Arkana Energy Group

Arkana Energy Group Reviews

Arkana Energy Group is a Solar Power Installation business with their Head Office based in Arundel QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,150 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Arkana Energy Group Reviews (44)

4.3/5

4.4/5

Terrible Sales

The person who did the sale did not know their product. Sold a system that could not be installed.
The panels were not as quoted (8kw installed, 10kw quoted), inverter not as quoted, panels laid flat on roof between two higher sections which gives shade in morning and afternoon. Tilt frames were to be used, but it was quicker for installer not to use, so they didn’t.
In the end I refused to pay and asked for what had been done to be removed and all work made good, which they could not do.
We came to an agreement and I paid half of the quoted price.
Very disappointed as my previous solar install in Canberra was excellent, different company.
I did read reviews from this site prior to choosing an installer.

Arkana Energy - worth a look?

Very professional installation and they organized everything. Installer put in the system in our previous house - very happy with system and installation
The installers were fine.

Easy and efficient installation . Knowledgeable and reputable company

Fast and efficient service. The installer was very helpful and knowledgeable and as able to answer all of our questions. Competitively priced.
We are now waiting to have someone to help us with the internet connection to the inverter so that we can see how much solar power is saving us.

A Fine Performance

First Class Installer. Would recommend them to everyone. As a manager of one of the largest European Construction Companies in the 1960's (yes sixties) I had some experience with solar installations. In some countries it was mandatory .

for construction of new buildings.

Arkana are excellent.

Absolutely awesome

Arkana was the first company to give us a quote. After having several companies quote us we went back to Arkana. Steve was absolutely awesome.
The install team, being Tyson and Rod were absolutely fantastic. They put so much pride into their work. System was on line straight away. Now we wait and see how the system works.
Would definitely use Arkana again without hesitation. Keep up the great work.

Original Review on 06-07-2020:

Good service, hopefully good equipment

Sales process was easy with salesman knowledgeable and the only one spoken to who knew anything about our existing system. No pressure. Installers turned up on schedule, were tidy and responded to my needs on the day re installation specifics. Once the installers finished, we were on line immediately, as all paperwork ect had been completed and we already had a 10 yo system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Just works, very happy so far.

Solar

Great company. Panels look fantastic. As someone who has little knowledge on solar, Grant explained everything so well. Highly recommended!

Great service excellent Instalation

How was the sales/quoting process? Very good excellent communication

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Very polite answered any questions I had. the job was left tidy with all rubbished removed and were here the day it was booked and with in the time scheduled.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?

Excellent follow up all the work needed for grid connection being handled

Dodgy sales.

UPDATE 7/12/2020: Since I wrote this review Arkana Energy have been in touch with me. They expressed sincere shock at the salesman's tactics & say this is not how they do business.
I was told his services have been terminated.
I was also offered a very competitive & generous Solar install, basically at cost, in way of recompense.
I can not fault their response, they phoned me & offered apologies, plus an install at cost.
I do appreciate their offer & the phone conversations I had with them.
My review above stands, not as an indictment of Arkana Energy, but as a cautionary tale to other prospective buyers to be aware of dodgy salesmen tactics, & to do the research before you sign.
I would also like to thank Arkana Energy for their response on hearing my feedback, it is appreciated.

Original review 10/21/2020:
We let a shark into our home.
They quoted $18000 for a $6000-$7000 installation.
They were pushy & aggressive and insisted we sign immediately!!
I can not rate Arkana as an installer since I subsequently cancelled the contract.
However if they're happy to over-quote so outrageously I do have a problem with their ethics.
If it wasn't for Solarquotes and their useful advice I might I have been stuck with $12000 markup!
Buyer beware.

Great customer service

Quality service in all steps of the process, follow up by Blake is fantastic as well pointed us in the right direction with the best new plans.

Fantastic service

Process with arkana was so easy they took care of everything, sales team was very honest and informative
Installation was brilliant done a great job

Thanks Arkana Energy

Original Review on 23-01-2020:

Good installation and done on time and works

Sales and quoting process timeless and well explianed.
Instalation was good and started a day earlier than expected which didnt matter and no troubles.
Customer service has been very good and nothing is ever an issue.

8 months later we asked Trevor: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has delivered what it was designed for over the winter months will see how it copes in summer.

Great company, Wollongong based

1. Excellent 2. Punctual and great workers 3. Yes they organised everything for us very helpful.

Happy Customers

We have been very happy with the customer service received from the sales and quoting process through to the installation. Our salesman was patient and professional with no questions a problem. The installers were punctual, tidy and skilled. We have only connected the system up this week so we are yet to see a bill but everything seems to be working well. We would happily recommend Arkana Energy.

Extremely happy with the process to install a solar system.

Very good customer service and we were keep inform throughout. Very efficient installation.

Very efficient company

Sales and quoting very efficient. Installation done in a very professional manner. Tidy work
Punctual and tradesmen knew their work.
Follow up paperwork excellent. Organised grid connection the next day

Listen to the Installers

Really challenge the salesman that comes to your door. The installers identified immediately that the number of panels specified could not fit on the roof aspect identified.

Great customer service

Highly recommend this Company. Very friendly and great customer service. Would have no problem recommending to family and friends. They were efficient and true to their word.

Super easy and super fast install!

The whole process was easy and fast. Sales man helped with which size would be best and organised for install to happen 2 days later.

Installers turned up on time and tidied up after themselves. They were polite and friendly. Panels were connected and generating power that day. Our first power bill with the panels was under $100 for the quarter. Previous bill was over $1300! We are saving so much money! Looking forward to eventually getting batteries when they getter better in quality and price.

We have 3 phase and was able to have a large 13.2 size system installed.

Good installer

Sales and quoting good and informative. Installation went smoothly.
They helped with grid connection.

John Dunn Home Owner

Our experience with the company was excellent they could not do enough for us this including the sales representative down to the installers very professional the good thing about it all they are a click away and very professional thank you John Dunn.

Over priced

Happy with product. But if i knew how much it was going to fully cost would of went else where.

Follow up service is non existent

I’ve had two systems installed by Arkana, a 20kW and a 7.4kW system and both had major issues after the install. The large system had 3 major issues which took me a great deal of effort to get the electricians back to rectify the problems that a had self diagnosed. The smaller system’s problem was never rectified by Arkana and I had to get an independent electrician to repair the fault at my cost. Really poor after sales service for systems that were NOT cheap.
Take my advice and use an installer that employs his own tradesmen and doesn’t just use contractors.

Great service. Highly recommended and don't waste your time with other providers.

Installation was quick and easy. Arkana have a significant task in keeping up with the demand in the local area and were quick to source additional installers so that there isn't a long wait. Salesman was helpful and on point with his support from the start.

great job

Had a system already but felt our power bill was rather excessive Chris visited and I found him to be very knowledgeable and well informed he ascertained the system we currently had installed was only producing about one third of which he promised the new system would produce so we went ahead and had a new fronius system installed the old system was removed and disposed of by the installers who did a fine job and left the place clean and tidy on their departure. The new system seems to be performing well and we have had a number of days where the power produced has been in excess of 3 times what the old unit produced so we are very happy will know more when we receive our next power bill.
It's been 2 months no and it's Still not running
Only 2 out of the 3 contacts you gave me made contact with me
We’re very happy with our Solar. From the beginning of our first meeting where the plan and instillation process was explained through to the actual instillation where the friendly and professional installers completed a seamless job, with no mess I might add, we have been very happy. We’re already seeing results.
Excellent, everything was just excellent
This was a thoroughly professional and excellently installed 6.6kw Phono Solar panels (24) this week. I'm still waiting for the new meter, and excited by the prospect. My own electrician who was doing work later in the week was on the roof and remarked on the outstanding job that was done. The electrician was helpful, gave me his number and went through what to do with the Fronius inverter. The office people in Armidale emailed me the contracts and all information to do with the installation. The electrician made everything easy and was very patient. Fantastic service by everyone at Arkana.
5 stars all the way... We had a 6kw system installed in February and we just got our latest electricity bill and it diffently works. Chris was great to work with and very approachable with any concerns.
Thank you to Tyson and Justin for their high level of communication during our initial and ongoing discussions. The installation was flawless, Kyle and Joel have a very level of attention to detail, and finally thank you Luke for sorting out the app issues I was having. I would be very happy to recommend Arkana to anyone considering a solar system. This was my 2nd solar installation, and far the easiest. Thank you Arkana energy.
what a bunch of bloody awesome blokes who get the job done everything was done so promptly n so friendly response to my emails so quickly my solar is awesome best thing I ever did well done to this group ???????????????????????????? five stars and more will be recommending to friends and family
Install went smoothly. Friendly bunch. Matt was great to deal with regarding our concerns. Would recommend to anyone.
It’s been great from the start. Installers turned up on time. There was no fuss. The boys cleaned up after themselves and we are stoked with the install.
The whole experience was great with this company I would recommend them to anyone.

Original Review on 12-01-2018:

Initially only required 5kw system but supplier to company could only provide 330w panels instead of 270w panels, therefore only needed 20 panels not 24. Was not charged any extra by solar company. The panels supplied were PHONO CELLS Hyperion panels. At this time the Fronius digital panel max's out at 5044 AC Watts. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

YES we are very happy with our system
Son is happy all round
A shock of the initial price. But was very happy once it was explained and did the research into the high quality gear that Arkana Energy was proposing. The installation went smoothly and the crew were very courteous and friendly.

The system is performing superbly and I am on track to completely eliminate my bill.

Very impressed with the SolarAnalytics platform. It's opened my eyes to the true cost of electricity. I can monitor exactly what's happening in the workshop. This has allowed me to optimise my energy usage and change out ineffective equipment.

I would recommend anybody who wants to invest in a high quality system give Arkana a call.
We are very pleased with the overall service since the beginning and the first time we met with Chris - the South Coast Branch manager. He was very perseverant and committed to ensure we understood exactly what was offered.

We went with 10.5kW of PhonoSolar panels and the Fronius inverter. The installation was extremely smooth and the equipment is working perfectly.

We extremely pleased with the savings and the performance to date and would not hesitate to recommend Arkana and particularly Chris, to anyone.