Captain Green Solar Reviews

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Reviewers report paying: $4,200 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Captain Green Solar Reviews (551)

4.4/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Original Review on 23-11-2021:

Good service

Troy and Dipti were great with good communication and not too pushy.
Quick installation. Had a few issues early with install but rectified pretty quickly.

7 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yep. Better than expected.

Great system with a reasonable price

After doing some shop around, found that this one was the best value for money, great sales person, great support and got the system up and running in less than couple of weeks.

Quick installation

Surprised and impressed how quick the installation was after the sales process. Impressed with the quality and the service provided by the installers…definitely first rate

Original Review on 23-04-2021:

Good installer, excellent value for money.

Quick and easy solar quote with very competitive pricing for industry standard panels and inverter.
Installers were good, even found some other issues with my roof tiles which alerted me to a potential issue.

8 months later we asked Leigh: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After one year, I’m happy with the system. It has worked as advertised and had no issues. Able to run all my aircon units during the summer heat with the solar panels making enough power to cover the running cost.

Nightmare

Signing up with Captain Green Solar has been the worst nightmare. We signed up as a group of more than 4 houses and everyone has had issues.

Called them multiple times, but apparantly they only receive calls to be escalated and promise an immediate call back, which has never happened. We have been trying to call them since September.

There has been leaks from the roof and our builders are happy to look into it but since there was solar installed, they require installer to inspect to see it there are no gaps from the drilling in of the panels.

Funny thing is we called the 1300361682 contact centre again and said we want to install a new solar just to see how they react. Not surprising at all, we received a call back in 5 minutes!!

These guys called and messaged us a number of times for their payment when the solar was not even installed, which was very unprofessional to start with but when it comes to servicing they don't care.

Do not go with these guys and save yourself from this harassment. The 1 star rating is only so i can post this here, i would happily give them 0.rating.

Installer was professional and Captain Green customer support prompt and reliable.

Customer service was five star, Had a problem wit over voltage alarms and they were straight onto it.

Original Review on 09-03-2021:

Clear, concise quote and prompt service - excellent experience

I highly recommend Captain Green. Initial contact was prompt and straightforward, all info was clearly explained and supporting documentation provided at each stage. I was very clear as to what I was signing up for - no tricks! The quote included proposed panel placement on the roof (which ended up being very accurate to the final placement), clear guide as to $$$ and detailed description of what I needed to do on my side. The quote was in the middle of the offers I received but I believe represented the best value system for the money.

One thing to be aware of - and this is in no way reflective of Captain Green - I had an older 3 phase switchboard which required upgrading to be compatible with the solar system. This was an expensive exercise (roughly $3k+) and I was not aware of this need prior to signing up. It would be worth checking your switchboard for safety fuses and verifying that it is compatible prior to accepting a quote. Having said that - Captain Green required only a small refundable deposit and I could have cancelled my contract at any stage prior to installation - so I was not "suckered" into extra expense, and would not have been out of pocket if I needed to cancel. I simply had a very old and unusual setup, and an upgrade was unavoidable.

My energy provider made it difficult to get a meterboard upgrade, and Captain Green even recommended an excellent L2 electrician and put me in touch with him.

Installation was excellent - the guys arrived on time, were professional and efficient, consulted me on placement of panels and the inverter, and cleaned up after themselves. We had to reschedule twice due to weather and this was no issue.

The instructions post-install were very clear, and Captain Green even provided an additional layer of support when I could not get the wifi connection to the inverter operational by providing a more detailed set of instructions, all within a few hours.

All in all - can't fault the service, the system is working extremely well and I got support at every step of the process. I would recommend Captain Green for solar :)

8 months later we asked Brook: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system has completely performed to my expectations. Over winter it didn't produce as much energy (obviously - you can't MAKE the sun pump out energy) - but I'm now regularly in credit with my energy provider for 6+months of the year, so its paying itself off already. Would highly recommend Captain Green and the Solar Quotes service.

Captain green

I would recommend Captain Green company. The sales team were in the ball, helpful and polite. The team of men that came out were capable and did a good job. We had a big gap between installing the panels and the inverter because of our building hold up and that didn’t cause a problem for them. They came and installed the inverter when I asked them and we are happy with the product.

Original Review on 31-01-2021:

Good system, reasonable price, completed within a week

- Quotes were quick and easy, answered all the questions politely and thoroughly.
- I received all the quotes I needed within a couple of days.
- Installation was booked for the following week.
- Installation was quick and efficient, installers were polite and gave me updates during the process
- All of the paperwork was sent to me for the grid connection but this system replaced an old one - so there was no need to re-apply for a grid connection
- Very happy - I would definitely recommend Captain Green to anyone

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance has been better than expectations.
In 2020, I upgraded my 2010 vintage 1.5Kw (yes, they were a thing) with a 6,666Kw system.
As expected, the greatly increased feed in tariffs were very welcome.
I estimate the new system should pay for itself in about 2.5 years or sooner

Simple and straightforward

The experience of dealing with Captain Green Solar was a good one. The process of installing was simple and straightforward.

Quote was good value
They turned up on time
Each step very polite
Have to reccomend

Knowledgeable consultants, smooth process, great after-sale support

CG consultants are very knowledgeable and tries to give you the best system for your needs rather than just trying to make a sale, provide detailed explanation at every step of the process, and continues to provide great after-sale support.

Well designed system for a great price

Troy called me soon after entering my details on this website. Happy to take the time to go through various configurations and ultimately went with a 10kW system.

Installed on the north wall and advised to get my own cover for the inverter - my only feedback would be to have this option available to purchase within the order to allow for a complete solution in one go.

I would have no issue recommending Captain Green to anyone that wants fast and professional service and product.

Very stress free installation process

Absolutely great experience! After spending many hours browsing reviews of many companies and having local installers giving me the "too busy" or not even turning up to quote the job, I settled on Captain Green.
Everybody I had contact with was very helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. The process was straight forward and they provided and installed all the components I requested and the whole deal was wrapped up and Installed within a month (I live in far west NSW). The installation team were great guys (lead man Joe) and completed the job in 8 hours ( prep, install, clean up and WiFi instructions).
All warranty paperwork supplied and grid connection organised by Captain Green promptly and warranty claim process explained. I was actually really surprised at the efficiency of the whole process- very impressed indeed.

Customer focused

Despite being located interstate - Captain Green were able to manage the whole process from system design through to commissioning.
The local contractor who did the installation was very professional and took the time to explain unique system integration aspects of my install.
I have used other solar companies in a previous house and had a terrible experience and was skeptical about going through another solar installation but Captain Green has restored my faith!
Highly recommended - gold star and smiley stamp!

All round great experience

They were very knowledgeable and patient (Dr. Google here, I did my research and they dispelled fiction and told me fact) they provided multiple options for my needs even Australian made stuff (way too expensive though, we really shoot our selves in the foot with costs of manufacturing) need up with Jinko panels and a Goodwe inverter (glad to see China is helping me save money and the environment).

I will definitely use these guys again for my next install

Good service and product quality

Used Captain Green Solar on recommendation from friend. From the first quote communication and service was excellent. Installation was efficient and to plan as per my requirements. Still some issues with grid voltage that need resolution from energy service provider. Solis inverter app is very useful for monitoring power generation.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Original Review on 26-10-2020:

No issues at all

The sales rep was good, not too pushy, didn't bag the opposition, which doesn't score any points with me.
The installers were polite and professional.
The company were professional and answered all my questions.
They hooked up to the grid straight away as i already had a 2kw system.

8 months later we asked Neil: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

no problems at all with the system

Original Review on 12-10-2020:

Happy with the price and quality of components

Install 10/9/20. The sales quoting was very good although I wanted Solar Analytics installed, they didn't want anything to do with it. I am having it installed by another electrician at extra cost.

The installation was faultless. They turned up on time with 4 men. 2men on the roof preparing the rails for the panels. 1 man preparing the panels and wiring and 1 electrician. The 3 men cleaned up while the electrician explained the app and how to connect by phone. AND NO BROKEN TILES.

The customer service was ok but they rang me one night to tell me that the installer could not fit 27 panels. I told them it was their problem. The installer came out and measured again and decided to re-arrange the panels to fit 27.

They wanted nothing to do with the grid connection. That was my problem. Well they told me the smart meter would fit. Even though they had pictures of my meter box. It doesn't and I have spent over $2000 to have the the meter box re-configured and the meter installer refused to install the meter. I have organized the electrician to be on site for the 28/10/20 next attempt to install the smart meter and commission the solar system.

8 months later we asked Ron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is 10kw due to my old dinosaur A/C unit. The first bill was $78 dollars compared to the previous year of $1000 +. the last bill was $109 compared to the previous year of $900+ I cannot believe how much I am saving. I should have done it earlier. Overall very Happy. Also very happy with the solar analytics system that we had installed for monitoring more precisely the different usages in my home, eg A/C fridges lights and power point circuits.

Excellent Response, excellent installation

Troy and Dipti was responsive and helpful everytime I called, pretty easy all around.

The installer, Jay was superb. He was easy going, quick and very responsible. We were a bit under prepared and had no proper fitting roof tiles, he place all the "bad" and cracked ones to a easy to reach side of the roof all siliconed up so it was waterproof. We were able to purchase some proper roof tiles $2 a piece and easily replace them myself. I had a brief look at the roof and everything was left neatly.

Original Review on 02-10-2020:

Solar installation

My whole experience with this company was exceptional, no fuss and very efficient. From signup to installation was very quick and the quality of work was very good. All my documents supplied via email and comprehensive Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system installed has lived up to my and the advertised expectations and I have not changed my star rating as it was a seamless installation with an easy to read App to monitor the electricity generation.

Good service and very professional...

Very professional and will really help you up to the end...

great company to deal with. sales and service staff were easy to deal with and efficient.

The staff at Captain Green Solar went out of their way to advise me on their product. They were extremely helpful and went out of their way to organise the installation.
Paul and Dipto were a pleasure to deal with.

No hassles good quality install

A team of three guys turned up, two to install the panels and an electrician to connect up the inverter and other wiring.

I watched them carefully and have no complaints at all. The fellows did great jobs and tidied everything before they left. The sparky did an excellent job connecting it up, it was done very well and very presentable. The sparky who did the original power box for the house did a bodgy job and the installer fixed a few of them

Great value and hassle free

We were well looked after by the whole team at Captain Green Solar, from the friendly and knowledgeable sales reps to the installation crew. The system was affordably priced and it was all well organised and hassle free for us.
We have a young baby and are home now during the day so the solar has been perfect for us to run all our appliances and cooling and heating during the day.
Have recommended them to some friends and family who have also been happy with the service and their new systems.

Original Review on 26-08-2020:

Great installers

I went with Captain Green Solar after getting them recommended from a friend who got them through Solar Quotes.
They were much cheaper than others for exactly the same product. I researched what I wanted, using the Solar Quotes website and went for a mid level system.
Installation date was a lot sooner than expected, the installers (not the same as my friend) turned up on the day, discussed the installation with me, removed my old system and promptly installed like clockwork a new one.
Just waiting for a energy monitor to be installed and job complete.

8 months later we asked Jonathan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is working as expected, and possibly better than we thought, bills are coming in in credit but expect that to change as winter arrives in Tasmania.

Dealt with Captain Green Solar

Captain Green solar were great to deal with. Good and easy communication. The installation guys were excellent, very polite, informative and tidied up afterwards.
All appropriate information was handled by them to our energy provider.
Very good service, Solar installed, up an running within a great timeframe.
Would definitely recommend.

Captain Green Solar

The guys did everthing even upgraded me to 3 phase. Good quality installation and no issues, highly recommend.

Good value for money

Good value for money system. Good quality installers and customer service. No issues so far

Went ahead with no hassles.

Quotation process smooth
Installation done on time. Very polite. Explained everything
Sent certificates etc and helped with the paperwork for the installation of a new smart meter

Finally went with this company after 9 months shopping

My house have shading issue, it is hard to get the right price and right design, it’d been while to think and quote, but this company knew and provide few price with different design.

It work out my budget range and good design, more important is, they response your questions , so I referred few friends and go ahead already.

Smooth from start to finish

Sales process was easy, told me exactly what i needed to know. Quoted me the system I requested with a competitive price.

Installers were on time.

Grid connection was easy.

Cant complain, would recommend.

Tailored solution

Sales person was responsive and willing to tailor the solution to meet my needs. It was a refreshing change from other companies who were insisting on selling something without considering customer’s point of view.

knowledgeable and punctual.

The sales and quoting process was quite smooth.
The installation went on fine. The guys were polite and punctual. They tidy up the whole mess and took away my old panels, which I really appreciate.
They help organizing the grid connection. Although I think the electricity company had already set up a date when I informed them I was getting new solar panels.

2nd system installation

As a repeat customer Captain Green were very responsive to my enquiry. The Good, competitive pricing, mostly prompt communication, installers were very professional and I was extremely pleased with the installation. The Bad, confusion with regards to single phase and 3 phase inverter installation which was resolved at a small additional cost (supplied 3 phase). 1st installers failed to turn up delaying the install by 2 weeks. Overall a good experience with the system working as intended.

Quick Service and Great Communication

Got a call within a few hours of requesting a quote, went through the different options and received it all via email. Easy to book in and they were patient with us as we were moving in to a new property and wanted a few weeks to settle in.

Good communication and follow ups without getting to the point of being annoying.

Installation went well, arrived on time and cleaned up after completion

Quick, prompt and friendly service. Plenty of opportunities for questions. Workers friendly and cleaned up before leaving. Easy payment methods and all documents supplied and well explained. Happy

Great service Prompt, friendly and clean workmen. All questions answered and instructions given clearly. Payment methods easy.

Solar installation

Fantastic installation. They really went above and beyond. Couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Very easy transaction

The sales process was very good the salesman went out of his way to help.
The installers were extremely polite, fixed broken roof tiles, left the site as they found it.
Am still waiting for the paperwork for the grid connection... have heard from them was expecting an email before this.
I have paid.

Happy with Captain Green as a good solar installer

Captain Green installed a Jinko and Sungrow string system back in Dec and it seems to be going well and working as per their proposal. Sale and quote process was straightforward with the Sales team happy to answer any questions.

Install was done using one of the team's electricians and they did a good job on install day. I also added the Sungrow consumption monitor which seems to give me the right info on what I consume as well as produce from my solar system.

Excellent customer service

Captain Green were excellent to deal with. The installer did a neat job and was friendly. The sales staff were good to deal with also

Great customer service, speedy and impressive install!

Ryan from Captain Green was informative, relaxed and knowledgeable. We got a great system for a competitive price. We did a fair amount of research on brands and sizes and got a number of quotes before making our selection. We were kept well informed across the entire process via different staff at Captain Green. The installer was great and we advised Captain Green how impressed we were. We contacted our electricity provider on the day of installation 24/12 and had a technician onsite to change our meter to a net/smart metre 14 working days later 14/1 - pretty impressive considering it was Christmas time. Highly recommend Captain Green, the team we dealt with and the installer. Haven't got our first bill with solar panels yet but hope to see a nice saving.

So happy with my choice

I am very happy that I went through solar quotes to get our solar system installed because we were hooked up with a reputable company that came out and was so professional with installation and helped us along every step of the way and their price was amazing and very friendly and honest and I can’t fault them they were amazing to deal with thank you Mr Peacock for doing what you do and having the information you have in place it’s something that is very helpful

The installation does what i expected, middle of price range, installed within 2 weeks.

Every company said as already had a 2.5kWh system, that i could not install a solar another 6.6kWh system to the grid.
However, the sales rep from Capt Green said, no, you are in an AUSGRID area, we can apply on your behalf to do so.
I told him that his quote was middle range between the others, and that if he got AUSGRID permission in writing/email - that i would go ahead. 2 days later i had my email. I paid $100 deposit asap, got a call back to say that they could install in a weeks time, ok lets do it.
Happy with the install, now outputting 25-50kWh per day depending on conditions.
My only concern is with the Growatt Inverter placement, which was located i believe 'too close' to the Power Board & touching a water downpipe from the guttering.
I am still waiting for a reply to my email about any potential warranty problem, as the manual states that a gap of 300mm should surround the Inverter.

No fuss installation

Staff were mostly helpful. Had a mix up after installation with getting the info needed for my provider to install the smart meter but that was sorted with a few phone calls.

A good experience

Did a lot of homework, thanks to Finn, found what I wanted, size, brands etc, and went with Captain Green. 3 yrs on and very happy with 11.4kw system and install.

Excellent Service

Sales/quoting process went smoothly without any delays and systematic.
Installation was punctual and quick, Their customer service is good but it would have been better if they followed up the calls.

Great installers

The sales staff was great.
They installed my solar just over a week, the installer run us through of how it worked.
Very happy with the service and they even rang us up for a follow up to see if we had any problems.

Fantastic Information

My installer was recommended by a friend in addition to to 3 Solar Quotes quotes supplied. By talking to Solar Quotes recommendations and friend recommended installer, I was able to have a system designed so that I could match quotes “Apples against Apples”
All groups I talked to provided high quality information for good systems. It allowed me to base my final choice on the best knowledge and best system for my situation