Captain Green Solar Reviews

About Captain Green Solar, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar
Platinum Partner
Captain Green Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 19 145 762 170  ABN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
ACN: 145 762 170  ACN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 241986C  Captain Green Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 291168 Captain Green Pty Ltd

TAS: 15607023 Captain Green Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28412 Captain Green Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,700 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Solar Reviews

2nd system installation

As a repeat customer Captain Green were very responsive to my enquiry. The Good, competitive pricing, mostly prompt communication, installers were very professional and I was extremely pleased with the installation. The Bad, confusion with regards to single phase and 3 phase inverter installation which was resolved at a small additional cost (supplied 3 phase). 1st installers failed to turn up delaying the install by 2 weeks. Overall a good experience with the system working as intended. Show additional information

Quick Service and Great Communication

Got a call within a few hours of requesting a quote, went through the different options and received it all via email. Easy to book in and they were patient with us as we were moving in to a new property and wanted a few weeks to settle in.

Good communication and follow ups without getting to the point of being annoying.

Installation went well, arrived on time and cleaned up after completion

Quick, prompt and friendly service. Plenty of opportunities for questions. Workers friendly and cleaned up before leaving. Easy payment methods and all documents supplied and well explained. Happy

Great service Prompt, friendly and clean workmen. All questions answered and instructions given clearly. Payment methods easy. Show additional information

Solar installation

Fantastic installation. They really went above and beyond. Couldn’t have asked for anything more. Show additional information

Very easy transaction

The sales process was very good the salesman went out of his way to help.
The installers were extremely polite, fixed broken roof tiles, left the site as they found it.
Am still waiting for the paperwork for the grid connection... have heard from them was expecting an email before this.
I have paid.

Happy with Captain Green as a good solar installer

Captain Green installed a Jinko and Sungrow string system back in Dec and it seems to be going well and working as per their proposal. Sale and quote process was straightforward with the Sales team happy to answer any questions.

Install was done using one of the team's electricians and they did a good job on install day. I also added the Sungrow consumption monitor which seems to give me the right info on what I consume as well as produce from my solar system.

Good system, reasonable price, completed within a week

- Quotes were quick and easy, answered all the questions politely and thoroughly.
- I received all the quotes I needed within a couple of days.
- Installation was booked for the following week.
- Installation was quick and efficient, installers were polite and gave me updates during the process
- All of the paperwork was sent to me for the grid connection but this system replaced an old one - so there was no need to re-apply for a grid connection
- Very happy - I would definitely recommend Captain Green to anyone

Excellent customer service

Captain Green were excellent to deal with. The installer did a neat job and was friendly. The sales staff were good to deal with also Show additional information

Great customer service, speedy and impressive install!

Ryan from Captain Green was informative, relaxed and knowledgeable. We got a great system for a competitive price. We did a fair amount of research on brands and sizes and got a number of quotes before making our selection. We were kept well informed across the entire process via different staff at Captain Green. The installer was great and we advised Captain Green how impressed we were. We contacted our electricity provider on the day of installation 24/12 and had a technician onsite to change our meter to a net/smart metre 14 working days later 14/1 - pretty impressive considering it was Christmas time. Highly recommend Captain Green, the team we dealt with and the installer. Haven't got our first bill with solar panels yet but hope to see a nice saving. Show additional information

So happy with my choice

I am very happy that I went through solar quotes to get our solar system installed because we were hooked up with a reputable company that came out and was so professional with installation and helped us along every step of the way and their price was amazing and very friendly and honest and I can’t fault them they were amazing to deal with thank you Mr Peacock for doing what you do and having the information you have in place it’s something that is very helpful Show additional information

The installation does what i expected, middle of price range, installed within 2 weeks.

Every company said as already had a 2.5kWh system, that i could not install a solar another 6.6kWh system to the grid.
However, the sales rep from Capt Green said, no, you are in an AUSGRID area, we can apply on your behalf to do so.
I told him that his quote was middle range between the others, and that if he got AUSGRID permission in writing/email - that i would go ahead. 2 days later i had my email. I paid $100 deposit asap, got a call back to say that they could install in a weeks time, ok lets do it.
Happy with the install, now outputting 25-50kWh per day depending on conditions.
My only concern is with the Growatt Inverter placement, which was located i believe 'too close' to the Power Board & touching a water downpipe from the guttering.
I am still waiting for a reply to my email about any potential warranty problem, as the manual states that a gap of 300mm should surround the Inverter.

No fuss installation

Staff were mostly helpful. Had a mix up after installation with getting the info needed for my provider to install the smart meter but that was sorted with a few phone calls. Show additional information

A good experience

Did a lot of homework, thanks to Finn, found what I wanted, size, brands etc, and went with Captain Green. 3 yrs on and very happy with 11.4kw system and install. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Sales/quoting process went smoothly without any delays and systematic.
Installation was punctual and quick, Their customer service is good but it would have been better if they followed up the calls.

Great installers

The sales staff was great.
They installed my solar just over a week, the installer run us through of how it worked.
Very happy with the service and they even rang us up for a follow up to see if we had any problems.

Fantastic Information

My installer was recommended by a friend in addition to to 3 Solar Quotes quotes supplied. By talking to Solar Quotes recommendations and friend recommended installer, I was able to have a system designed so that I could match quotes “Apples against Apples”
All groups I talked to provided high quality information for good systems. It allowed me to base my final choice on the best knowledge and best system for my situation

13.2kwh Berowra Heights

Captain Green listened to my requirements and made suggestions as to how to best solve them. Show additional information

Remote Tasmania

From Saria in the office, Damien in sales to Jonathan G7 Generation the installer well done professional service and a very good product I would recommend Captain Green to anyone wanting a good system cheers. Show additional information

Excellent service

Prompt, attentive sales/quoting who listened to what I wanted.
Punctual, tidy & polite installers. Nothing was too much trouble even in the 35+ heat.
Still waiting for the follow-up call from company but only been 2 weeks so all good

Helpful installer

They are good and friendly.They explained everything of what i will do next. Show additional information

Very Happy

Prompt and informative sales person.
Installed in half a day, less than a week after ordering. Very nice installers did a tidy job and cleaned up everything.
Lots of emails with all the information you would need & customer service answered call quickly and resolved all my questions very clearly.
Very happy with the service and product so far.

Captain Green Installation

Sales /quoting process was good
installation was a good experience, professional installer was polite and tidy arrived on the nominated time and day with no problems. Customer service etc was good until it came to setting up the Wi-Fi dongle to give a readout of the inverter 's output. The Inverter output did not get setup to show on a mobile phone. The inverter that was installed must be made for installing in a garage or some where where there is minimal ambient light from outside in the open.
Captain Green have arranged and installed another new inverter of the same model No.etc that has exactly the same result - can't read what's going on, it's output etc. only when it is pouring rain and not much daylight.
Thank heavens that the second installed inverter has a Wi-Fi connection to my mobile phone so that I can monitor what it is producing etc. What will happen if my phone Karks it is anybodys guess.

Pain free from start to finish

The quoting process was hassle and pressure free. I didn't want high pressure sales tactics and I enjoyed a pain free experience. I felt listened to and all my questions (and I had a lot) were quickly and accurately answered.
Install day arrived and the team turned up on time. 4 hours or so later and it was all done. The team cleaned up reasonably well though not totally so I was ;left feeling a little bad about that - how hard is it to use a broom!
That being said the actual install is very neat and tidy

I would recommend Captain Green to everyone

They are a local company with amazing customer service willing to help design exactly what you want.
It was a very quick installation time frame with no issues at all. And did the grid connection.
They are also a member of the Clean Energy Council.

Happy

Happy with sales people and price. Installers were polite informative and efficient. They assisted with all paperwork.
I'm now waiting for new smart meter then will see what the savings are.

No issues at all

The sales rep was good, not too pushy, didn't bag the opposition, which doesn't score any points with me.
The installers were polite and professional.
The company were professional and answered all my questions.
They hooked up to the grid straight away as i already had a 2kw system.

Good experience all round

Good customer service. Installation was quick and very professional. Good experience all round. Show additional information

Excellent service from customer service to installation

I'm very happy with my experience with Captain Green. Very professional, helpful, and quick. Can't fault the customer service and job installation were done properly. Would definitely recommend to other people. Show additional information

Happy with the price ans quality of compenents

Install 10/9/20. The sales quoting was very good although I wanted Solar Analytics installed, they didn't want anything to do with it. I am having it installed by another electrician at extra cost.
The installation was faultless. They turned up on time with 4 men. 2men on the roof preparing the rails for the panels. 1 man preparing the panels and wiring and 1 electrician. The 3 men cleaned up while the electrician explained the app and how to connect by phone. AND NO BROKEN TILES.
The customer service was ok but they rang me one night to tell me that the installer could not fit 27 panels. I told them it was their problem. The installer came out and measured again and decided to re-arrange the panels to fit 27.
They wanted nothing to do with the grid connection. That was my problem. Well they told me the smart meter would fit. Even though they had pictures of my meter box. It doesn't and I have spent over $2000 to have the the meter box re-configured and the meter installer refused to install the meter. I have organized the electrician to be on site for the 28/10/20 next attempt to install the smart meter and commission the solar system.

Prompt service very good installation

The sales staff were very helpful and consistent
The installation was quick and precise and the staff helped me with organising the grid connection
Highly recommend Captain Green for any solar installation

Installer was professional and thorough

The sales and quoting process was complete and thorough. They organised for the install and when they came to my home they were professional and the install was completed timely and with my assistance we were able to set up all the monitoring and ensure that I was happy before they left. I was left to complete the changeover of grid connection which has been difficult due to being a new estate and a failure of local council to update the national meter database but I am working through this. I would recommend Captain Green mainly for the price and the system size!! Show additional information

Excellent installation and services

Very good services, all paper works are handled by supplier. Stress free. My new meter is available in 2-3 weeks. So far, the system is working well. Show additional information

Solar installation

My whole experience with this company was exceptional, no fuss and very efficient. From signup to installation was very quick and the quality of work was very good. All my documents supplied via email and comprehensive Show additional information

From start to finish, it was an easy process. Installation looks great. Show additional information

Captain Green Solar

- The Sales/quoting process was great, the sales rep I spoke with knew the product and was able to answer all of my questions and concerns. Also very friendly and personable, I could tell by speaking with him he wasn't just trying to make a sale he actually was very knowledgeable in his field for Solar.

- Installation was much faster than I expected the installers where very efficient and personable they gave me all of the information I needed once the job was completed....Now I am just waiting for the energy company to install the new smart metre which is booked in for next week.

- Customer service was good and there was a bit of a mix up as I got an email advising me that I now needed to contact the energy company but I am not sure from who. Anyway we were able to get to bottom of the issue and it has all been sorted and booked in for next week. everything so far has been very smooth and I cant wait until I have my smart metre and start seeing savings on my bills.

It is too early to give stars for quality of system as it is too early to tell and smart metre is not connected yet happy to do a future review once system is completely up and running. :)

quality and service

From the Sales process to installation to after service was all seamless. I got the Solar system i wanted for the best price in the market, The sales person gave me 3 options and explained the benifits of each and price diffrence. Once the decision was made i then was contacted by installation team on the progress and system was installed within 2 weeks.
The installers came in on time they were neat and tidy and very polite.
After sales contacted me to ensure i was satasfied and sent all paperwork through.

Great installers

I went with Captain Green Solar after getting them recommended from a friend who got them through Solar Quotes.
They were much cheaper than others for exactly the same product. I researched what I wanted, using the Solar Quotes website and went for a mid level system.
Installation date was a lot sooner than expected, the installers (not the same as my friend) turned up on the day, discussed the installation with me, removed my old system and promptly installed like clockwork a new one.
Just waiting for a energy monitor to be installed and job complete.

Great service and product

We had Captain Green Solar out and dealt with Aaron for the system, from quoting to the install the whole process was seamless and easy. What he quoted and told us was exactly what we got, even down to what the system is producing. We were told a date for the install and they were spot on.

The installers were great, on time, informative, knew the product and installed it well with no issues.

Very happy with the system by far and glad we chose Captain Green as the company to go with

Solar installation

Good to deal with. Good installation will use captain green on my rental as l was happy with the installation Show additional information

Turned up on the day, friendly

Good neat job , answering any questions you have. Happy with the job. Show additional information

Everything went smoothly, great price per KW

Easy, quick, polite, met with installer prior and was surprised at how good they were. Show additional information

They care!

Recently had a substantial solar installation, on time and with zero fuss. Felix, the team lead, was fabulous - he really cared about doing a great job. He spoke with me to check on positioning of the panels, was on time, worked efficiently and left the site clean and tidy with photos of what he had done and reminders for the next stage. I would recommend highly. Show additional information

Professional and efficient installation

Very prompt with quoting. Installation was quick and very professional. Show additional information

A real surprise - in a positive way.

Having had Solar in Victoria, was looking to get a system in Tasmania. Captain Green provided competitive pricing with good quality system. The installers were excellent. I would recommend Captain Green if you are looking for a Solar System Show additional information

Happy with whole process, just waiting on net meter installation

Waiting for the net meter to be installed by Origin Energy. Once the system is up and running will be more than happy to write a longer review. Show additional information

Very Professional

I used Solar Quotes to get my system installed in 2015 and was very happy so I used the same process again for my mother's place. The deal Captain Green gave us was so good we got 2 systems installed, one at my mum's and one at my sister's. I wasn't present but my brother in law was and he is very fussy. He commented numerous times on their professionalism and how organised the installers were. They showed up when they said they were going to show up, they cleaned up after themselves continuously, and to our surprise managed to get both systems installed in the one day. They showed up 2 days later, when they said they would, to get the Wifi connected and the App active on the phone, and their office made contacting the Electricity Company for the meter change very easy. Highly Recommended. Show additional information

Excellent installer. Friendly and helpful customer service

Highly recommended. Good customer service. The installer was very helpful and professional. Show additional information

Fantastic customer service

After many quotes and price comparisons I decided to call captain green. I spoke with damien eades he was very professional and understanding. He made the whole process very easy. Our system was installed only a couple of weeks later and Damien called to check to make sure everything was going to schedule. The contractors that were used were very professional and I was super happy with them also. Show additional information

Very happy customer!

The quoting process was done efficiently over the phone. Communication between the sales representative (Damien) and I was very good. He answered all of my questions and explained all of my concerns. The installers came on time. Very polite. After installation the electrician connected everything and it all seems to work very good. I'm very happy with Captain Green. Show additional information

Great from start to Finish

Sales was great to talk to and good price not the cheapest we have all seen but for the service and piece of mind, no ware near the over priced dearest I got.
the installers was just great, asked what I was happy with and done everything needed to make us happy AAA.
Captain Green Solar did all the paper work but left the contact to Origin Energy to me but that was not problem