Captain Green Solar Reviews

About Captain Green Solar, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar
Gold Partner
Captain Green Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 19 145 762 170  ABN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
ACN: 145 762 170  ACN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 241986C Captain Green Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 291168 Captain Green Pty Ltd

TAS: 15607023 Captain Green Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28412 Captain Green Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Solar Reviews

Captain Green Solar

- The Sales/quoting process was great, the sales rep I spoke with knew the product and was able to answer all of my questions and concerns. Also very friendly and personable, I could tell by speaking with him he wasn't just trying to make a sale he actually was very knowledgeable in his field for Solar.

- Installation was much faster than I expected the installers where very efficient and personable they gave me all of the information I needed once the job was completed....Now I am just waiting for the energy company to install the new smart metre which is booked in for next week.

- Customer service was good and there was a bit of a mix up as I got an email advising me that I now needed to contact the energy company but I am not sure from who. Anyway we were able to get to bottom of the issue and it has all been sorted and booked in for next week. everything so far has been very smooth and I cant wait until I have my smart metre and start seeing savings on my bills.

It is too early to give stars for quality of system as it is too early to tell and smart metre is not connected yet happy to do a future review once system is completely up and running. :)

quality and service

From the Sales process to installation to after service was all seamless. I got the Solar system i wanted for the best price in the market, The sales person gave me 3 options and explained the benifits of each and price diffrence. Once the decision was made i then was contacted by installation team on the progress and system was installed within 2 weeks.
The installers came in on time they were neat and tidy and very polite.
After sales contacted me to ensure i was satasfied and sent all paperwork through.

Great installers

I went with Captain Green Solar after getting them recommended from a friend who got them through Solar Quotes.
They were much cheaper than others for exactly the same product. I researched what I wanted, using the Solar Quotes website and went for a mid level system.
Installation date was a lot sooner than expected, the installers (not the same as my friend) turned up on the day, discussed the installation with me, removed my old system and promptly installed like clockwork a new one.
Just waiting for a energy monitor to be installed and job complete.

Great service and product

We had Captain Green Solar out and dealt with Aaron for the system, from quoting to the install the whole process was seamless and easy. What he quoted and told us was exactly what we got, even down to what the system is producing. We were told a date for the install and they were spot on.

The installers were great, on time, informative, knew the product and installed it well with no issues.

Very happy with the system by far and glad we chose Captain Green as the company to go with

Solar installation

Good to deal with. Good installation will use captain green on my rental as l was happy with the installation Show additional information

Turned up on the day, friendly

Good neat job , answering any questions you have. Happy with the job. Show additional information

Everything went smoothly, great price per KW

Easy, quick, polite, met with installer prior and was surprised at how good they were. Show additional information

They care!

Recently had a substantial solar installation, on time and with zero fuss. Felix, the team lead, was fabulous - he really cared about doing a great job. He spoke with me to check on positioning of the panels, was on time, worked efficiently and left the site clean and tidy with photos of what he had done and reminders for the next stage. I would recommend highly. Show additional information

Professional and efficient installation

Very prompt with quoting. Installation was quick and very professional. Show additional information

A real surprise - in a positive way.

Having had Solar in Victoria, was looking to get a system in Tasmania. Captain Green provided competitive pricing with good quality system. The installers were excellent. I would recommend Captain Green if you are looking for a Solar System Show additional information

Happy with whole process, just waiting on net meter installation

Waiting for the net meter to be installed by Origin Energy. Once the system is up and running will be more than happy to write a longer review. Show additional information

Very Professional

I used Solar Quotes to get my system installed in 2015 and was very happy so I used the same process again for my mother's place. The deal Captain Green gave us was so good we got 2 systems installed, one at my mum's and one at my sister's. I wasn't present but my brother in law was and he is very fussy. He commented numerous times on their professionalism and how organised the installers were. They showed up when they said they were going to show up, they cleaned up after themselves continuously, and to our surprise managed to get both systems installed in the one day. They showed up 2 days later, when they said they would, to get the Wifi connected and the App active on the phone, and their office made contacting the Electricity Company for the meter change very easy. Highly Recommended. Show additional information

Excellent installer. Friendly and helpful customer service

Highly recommended. Good customer service. The installer was very helpful and professional. Show additional information

Fantastic customer service

After many quotes and price comparisons I decided to call captain green. I spoke with damien eades he was very professional and understanding. He made the whole process very easy. Our system was installed only a couple of weeks later and Damien called to check to make sure everything was going to schedule. The contractors that were used were very professional and I was super happy with them also. Show additional information

Very happy customer!

The quoting process was done efficiently over the phone. Communication between the sales representative (Damien) and I was very good. He answered all of my questions and explained all of my concerns. The installers came on time. Very polite. After installation the electrician connected everything and it all seems to work very good. I'm very happy with Captain Green. Show additional information

Great from start to Finish

Sales was great to talk to and good price not the cheapest we have all seen but for the service and piece of mind, no ware near the over priced dearest I got.
the installers was just great, asked what I was happy with and done everything needed to make us happy AAA.
Captain Green Solar did all the paper work but left the contact to Origin Energy to me but that was not problem

Fantastic overall experience

The end to end process was flawless. The quoting was super fast and very easy to understand.
The installation went very smoothly. The team arrived on time and were all very polite. There was no mess left behind.
All customer service has been exceptional.

Seamless from start to finish

The solar journey with captain green was a positive experience. No issues / hassles. On time , good price , happy customer so far. Show additional information

Really happy! Great service!

Thanks to the whole team at Captain Green for making the whole process so easy!
You guys really know your stuff! And your prices are more than reasonable.
I found all of your staff to be so lovely and all of your work outstanding!

Solar has changed my household for the better! We are saving so much money now!

Fantastic overall experience!

Captain Green Solar made the whole process of getting solar so quick and easy. They are quick to respond to messages and return phone calls and offer an affordable competitive price.
The installation process was quick and easy. I was very happy with the placement of the panels and how neat and tidy they look on the roof.

Good installer who seemed to understand and listen to our desires.

I had read elsewhere that Captain Green had installed up to 10kW on a single phase system in the AusGrid area and so after I checked their reviews in "Solar Quotes" and other web sites I gave them a call. My initial contact with them (Andrew) was confident that approval for a 6kw system would be easily obtainable and given that I am in a rural area with long and probably inadequate AusGrid cables we decided on a 6kW Fronius Inverter with 7.8kW of Jinko 300w panels that would fit and fill comfortably my available roof space. The installer needed to postpone my installation by one day but he was good with his communication and prompt on the installation day. The work was neat and easily finished in the one day. As I had already just removed a much smaller failing 10 year old system, NET metering was already available so it was connected and working on the same afternoon.

Hi Douglass

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your support.

If you have any referrals, please feel free to send them via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Kind regards,
CGS Team

Geoff Osmond says absolutely amazing.

I was super impressed by the sales and the service team, any issues I just called and the answers were there straight away.
As for the installation team you could not get better service, punctual, and installation was amazing everything perfect and in place.
I thoroughly recommend this company.
My daughter is going to get a quote now.

Great value system

Quote was exactly the system I was after. Company seemed honest and everything was factual and up front.
Unfortunately the inverter was out of stock and I had to wait an extra 2 weeks for the final installation.
All in all, very happy.

Great company - would use them again.

Quoting process by Captain Green was really easy and detailed. I am a research and analysis guy, and they provided the best value for money system, with good quality components, as well as a helpful summary to assist with the Solar Rebate schemes (state and federal). This was really useful, as the red tape made the rebate process a little complex and convoluted. I convinced a couple of friends to get a quote with them as well, and they went through the process almost in parallel with me.
When I finally got approved for the rebates, the install started a couple of weeks later. This activity was the only hiccup in the whole process; I think we just got a dud contract installer. The install was done by end Nov 2019, but the installer didn't do a very good job organizing for the independent electrical inspector to sign off the work, and even after multiple calls, it ended up happening a full 3 months later. Captain Green can't be held responsible as it's the electrical installer that has to do it. I know Xmas was in the way, and there was an end of year push to get lots of jobs inspected, but 3 months is a bit much, and that's 3 months I can't get my feed-in tariff until everything is signed off and submitted to our energy retailer.

At the end of the day, the whole process (from the end of the install took 4 months), and I am now enjoying free electricity from my 5.5kW system, and the knowledge that I am doing my bit for the environment, and that one day, my clean energy will be used to support our revitalized grid that is gradually moving away from coal and gas, towards solar, hydro and battery storage.

Thanks captain Green

Overall the quality of the whole system was fantastic, had a few hold ups with weather ie wind and rain so installation was slower than normal but the boys did a great job
Very happy all checked by inspector and commented on good workmanship, thanks guys.

I am happy now

I got a great 6.6kw pv system with a 5kw sma inverter. A few weeks prior to install date got a phone call saying that the inverter I wanted was on delay to due a few factors ( bushfires & current coronavirus pandemic). I rang a independent supplier and found the inverter I wanted in 5mins. And on day of install there was a communication issue with the installers
( English wasn't the best but we managed to get that sorted out ) and when I asked to see the products ie panels and inverter, the inverter was the wrong one so they organized to get the proper one brought down from sydney and on inspection it was the wrong inverter again. So the installers had to wait for the proper one to get brought down by courier and at this stage it was 430pm in the afternoon. Job was completed as per my requirements and now Just waiting for the meter exchange to take place which might take a while due to the current pandemic in the country. Besides the breakdown in communication with goods in stock I was happy with the outcome and all documents and warranties were given on completion of work.

13.2kwh Berowra Heights

Captain Green listened to my requirements and made suggestions as to how to best solve them. Show additional information

Good sales service better sub contractor

Hi, I had my solar done by captain green solar. I got several other quotes where the sales person came out for an hour talking etc. I decided on captain green due to pricing basically and a friend went with them. I got a 6.6kw system with a 5kw inverter for $4500. Others quoted me $5700 for the same system with similar low to mid level panels.

Captain green did everything over the phone and after I put a $100 deposit down then I had to take photos of roof etc which I wasn’t told about. No big issue. It only took 3 weeks from first deposit to installation of the system and seeing I am 3hrs north of Sydney that seemed reasonable.

The sales personnel for captain green didn’t seem to communicate that well between themselves because a few times I got calls from one dept or another asking for items info etc I had already supplied yet again not a big deal.

The sub contractor for captain green were very good at least thats my opinion. Looking at the system on the roof it appears neat and tidy, a few brackets are not aligned correctly but hopefully that is just athestics and nothing else.

Mark/Matt helped with any and all questions I had and assisted with the wifi install and app programming for the fronius inverter I got. Lovely family of installers really. Couldn’t fault them..cleaned up after themselves, I didn’t get a phone number for them so I could confirm when they would arrive. Even though I did ask captain green. The sales lady said they’d be there between 7-9am gove of take. Grid connection was also sorted by captain green.

First full day of solar and my system cranked out 35kw so cant complain.

My advise. Just get several quotes and if they start at $6500 tell them you’ll give them $4500 and I’m sure they’ll almost take your business from there...

Thank you.

Great Installers

All very easy to deal with.
Knew their product and answered all questions.
Quick installation.

Very satisfied

The whole process from initial contact to completed installation was quick and very professionally managed.
Quality of workmanship is very good and the system is working right up to capacity.

Very satisfied overall.

Reputable company with very high quality installation

Sales was good - did not need to attend on site because I had had a previous onsite quote and they could substantially better that quote. Uses reputable brands at the more affordable end of the spectrum. Installation electrician and worker were sensational - very thorough and tidy job. Provided all information needed on the spot to get it connected to wifi for monitoring and to contact my electricity provider for the meter upgrade/connection. Show additional information
They seem to know their stuff and there are no complaints. Communication was good leading up to installation. They disappeared off the radar though after the work was completed. Not really a problem in our case so all good. We have had our system for 18 months. Show additional information

Great value & helpful polite installer

Couldn’t get a better price and done in quick time, the installers where on time, cleaned up there mess & me being old and not up with the time helped us understand how to use and understand, once everything went through the after sales service was good and our bills went down really quick. Show additional information

Don't waste your time, all negative reviews are true

I got approved in Oct 19 been waiting 4 months for an installation date. Finally gave me a installation date and installation didn't occur. Didn't communicate with me either about it, I had to keep following up with them.

Provided me a quote and then told me they couldn't do what the quote said 4 months later, kept making excuses and said it was too difficult. Electrician came onsite and he told me that I could have the bigger system, yet the sales people keep lying and telling me that I couldn't even though the installer said I could, kept telling me different stories and changing there mind, no one followed up and got back to me. Wouldn't let me speak to a manager as he was too busy. The don't answer there phones when you call and never call back. Most unprofessional company I have dealt with. Taking my business else where.

Hi Gilles

We received your QR code from Solar Victoria on November 29th 2019.
We have since been in contact many times with yourself in regards to your installation, at that stage all our customers were notified we had a slight delay before Christmas and we would be at na installation around the first week of Feb in 2020 - As soon as they returned to work we booked in a site scope at your property.

When the Installation Team were on site you were notified by them that if a 6.6 kw system would be quite expensive given the nature of your property and was not realistic to do. At no stage were you advised that the 6.6kW system was viable
- You would only be able to export 2kw to the grid
- The extra costings was not included in the scope of works & the additional costs involved were not feasible.
- You stated you could not have conduit showing due to your body corporate.. Which also complicated the matter further.
- Your request for placement of the panels were not practical either.

Our team has always accommodate your requests to the best of their ability, but due to the additional requests being variations to your original order we were not able to proceed with the installation as you were not willing to come to the table with relation to the variations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Captain Green Team

Overall great experience

Great straight advice during the quote and sales process. Installation was excellent, professional and efficient, the boys did a great job on the hottest day of the year.
Absolutely would recommend them to anybody.

Prompt service very good installation

The sales staff were very helpful and consistent
The installation was quick and precise and the staff helped me with organising the grid connection
Highly recommend Captain Green for any solar installation

Good price, quality buy slow installation

Captain Green's staff were professional and helpful. The intstallation was professional and neat. The only issue was that inverters were not available, which meant from time of deposit being paid to system being installed was two months. Otherwise a good experience. Show additional information
Captain Green was also recommended by you. I found them to be courteous, responsive and willing to negotiate. I felt
the first two suppliers were a bit pushy and not as responsive.

Hello

Thank you for your kind words.

We appreciate the time taken to leave this review.

Kind regards,
CGS Team

Contractor installer incompetent

Regret to choose Captain Green to install my solar system, will not recommend this company!
Sales process was okay, I just needed to follow up and call them to have my installation date scheduled.
They supplied to me the needed documents for grid connections that I personally organised to my electricity retailer.
Installation was done after about 5 weeks of paying the deposit.
Installed system were 6.6 Kw q peak duo g5 composed of 20x330 watts panels and 5 Kw Fronius inverter.

The installation was done by incompetent contractor.
>Contractor Installer composed of 3 people that arrived late and disorganised.
>No planned layout of the panel rails arrangements, ending up cutting some rails into pieces and rejoined to be used on the other side of the rails installation.
>Main contractor was not a CEC accredited installer, employed/partnered licensed electrician and cec accredited installer.
>Main contractor left the site after arranging the “finger plan” layout, leaving the brackets and rails installation to the less experienced electrician and cec accredited guy. He got back after about 2-3 hours in mess.
>Electrician and CEC Accredited Installer seemed not familiar about simple electrical connections.
>Electrician failed in two occasions to identify the male and female electrical plug connector as he spliced the plugs for the return cables of the panel.
>Used pvc cable ties for the electrical cables on the rails.
>Broken 5 roof tiles and never informed me about the breakages, I did the replacement by myself as they don’t care to replaced them.
>Rubbish management was so bad including cigarette butts.
>Installation was not finished on the day they started, they came back the next day to complete electrical works minus the licensed electrician and cec accredited installer.
>The Electrician asked me to sign documents including the Electrical Work Completion Certificate on the first day of installation to which obviously the electrical works were not completed yet, then I refused to sign.
>Inverter commissioning was done, but the wifi connectivity was not, I did by myself the inverter web connection and wifi connectivity.
>After the replacement of the old meter with new net meter, I found out that my solar system was running under capacity, peak output was only at 2.8 Kw most of it came from MPPT1, as MPPT2 produced only less than 1 Kw all days I observed and monitored.
>Complained to Captain Green solar and e mailed the photos of the inverter outputs, then called up to follow up, and was told that my case had been forwarded to technical team which will call to me on that day, but no call happened to resolve the issues.
>I contacted directly to the contractor and he promised to come and checked the problem.
>Take more than a week before the installer came and troubleshoot the problem.
>Problem was found at the electrical connections on the pv arrays connected to MPPT2.
>Wrong connections were done at return cable connectors from the arrays of 4 panels to the arrays of 8 panels.
>Dc+ connector plug was connected to dc- at return cables, almost disabled the whole arrays of 12 panels facing west.
>After the corrections done on electrical connections, my solar system output went up to 5+ Kw, which I am happy as I got what I invested.
The system is not currently working as it should. After discussions I have contacted the local energy supplier about the matter and they tested electricity supply to my house. It appears there may be too much electricity coming to the house and they will reduce it within 30 days of testing. Once this is reduced, perhaps the system will operate correctly. Currently it works then stops for long periods before kicking in again. I am not happy yet and will consider the outlay to be worthwhile once the system is working correctly. At this stage I do not know if the fault is with the electricity supplier or a faulty system installed. Time will tell. Show additional information

Disgusting people to deal with

Before signing the contract sales was very friendly BUT when I signed the sales contract hard to believe how they changed, ignoring calls, never bother to return calls/emails.
Can't believe how company manager changed.
When The installation was done, I had been handed over the booklet and told to just go through the papers and follow the book. But before signing the sales I been promised that company person can help you to do all the process and guess what company Captain Green staff didn't come or help me to setup my wifi system.
I called HeadOffice 10 times and my calls either disconnected or ignored.
When I spoke to someone at the office then He just send me an email again with Wifi setup booklet which I told him in advance that cannot connect and tried so many times but failed always.
Disgusting and worst experience ever.
Do not believe or sign contact with Captain Green.

The Installation was tidy though and Installer was good .

Quick and Easy Process. Great Installer.

Sales people were quite good, bit of back and forth getting the right system. Paid ~1k more for better quality system compared to the cheaper prices.
They had to reschedule the installation once, communication could have been a little better but they were always helpful when I called them. Ended up being 7 weeks from sales to install in a "rural" area.
Matt came and installed the system and set-up/connected the inverter and consumption monitoring, they were all done in 6-7 hours. He was very flexible easy to deal with.
Had read a couple of negative reviews about them but can't fault my experience.

Superb installation

Good quality work and quick installation, good workmanship, knowledgeable team, service was good. Show additional information

Easy process

We had an existing 1.5kW system that was installed 7 years ago. We were looking to replace or upgrade. Captain green initially provided a quote to add a new 3kW system onto our back roof (quote: $2600 using Jinko panels & growatt inverter). Another company then called me 3 days later and they suggested removing the existing system and installing a 6.6kW system - they provided several options ranging from $6-10000 (using better quality equipment: lg, fronius, etc)
Captain green called me back that same day and said they could also remove existing system and install 6.6kW for $3941.
I then got a call from another different company a few days later. I felt the guy was quite rude, aggressive and very dismissive of the info I had got from the other installers. They quoted $4500 to remove and install a 6.3kW system (using jinko panels and sungrow inverter).

A week later I decided on Captain green as the price was more acceptable to the wife. If I had more money to spend I would have gone with Soltek. We agreed a price of $3800 for 6.6kW

Install took a few weeks as they had a shortage of jinko 330 watt panels. The 3 install guys were very efficient and friendly. I ended up having to drop a panel due to roof space, so ended up with a 6.3kW system - Captain Green took $50 off the price so final price was $3750.

Panels have been operational for a couple of weeks and by my estimates have wiped out my electricity bill. I estimate a payback period of 2 years, so I am very happy with this purchase.

Excellent service

Prompt, attentive sales/quoting who listened to what I wanted.
Punctual, tidy & polite installers. Nothing was too much trouble even in the 35+ heat.
Still waiting for the follow-up call from company but only been 2 weeks so all good

Great value system. Slightly slow on installation and communication.

Quotation was best price/quality balance we found - Jinko panels and Growatt inverter. Sales interface was fine when I had any questions prior to kickoff. The company is NSW based and have contract installers here in VIC where we are. On the day of the install (about 4wks after quotation), we were pleasantly surprised to see an upgraded spec inverter (with 10yr warranty), and larger panels (315W to 330W). It was the install process that didn't quite rate 5 starts due to less than ideal planning and communication. There was no issue with the quality of the hardware used (rails, cabling, isolators, etc...) I am reasonably knowledgeable about PV installs, so was onsite when needed, to ensure I got my preferred location for the inverter. Knowing all this, I have still requested the company to give me 3 more quotes on other properties, for friends and family, and provided constructive feedback to the actual installer. Show additional information