• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2009. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Going with Captain Green has been an easy way to go solar, there has been some small communication problems nothing major. installers were on time and did their jobs well. overall very happy to go with Captain Green. I would recommend they to my mum and everyone else. they might not be able to move mountains but they will find the path for you to cross.

Hi Philip

Thank you for your review.

CGS Team
I did a lot of research into solar, and a lot of that was done on this website.

Pricing varied a lot, even when comparing similar or the same products.

I decided I wanted a decent inverter with a brand name panel, not just tier 1.

Captain green solar had a good deal on and seemed to have very good feedback so I contacted them and dealt with Saad, he was really easy to deal with and sold me the system I wanted at a great price. So much so I ended up doing 4 systems for my business and family members as well.

The process went very quick and I was very surprised, Luke who handled the install did a great job!

Very happy and couldn't recommend them high enough. So much so I have multiple friends now look to do solar with Captain Green!

Hi Jake

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that the entire process went smoothly.

CGS Team
Very little contact once deposit taken. Not sure if their technical support is up to scratch as unable to answer my questions on voltage rise considerations & export limiting if this was an issue on my installation. Still not installed after 6 weeks.

Hi Richard

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

I have located your customer profile and had a look. We are unable to install you until the cost of export limiting works are agreed upon. We understand that you have been in discussions with our National Installations Manager and are working towards a resolution.

Please feel free to contact the National Installations Manager on 02 8203 5440, with any further queries.

CGS Team
Meter not installed yet so system not commissioned, but expect this to be done in the next week, not expecting any issues Show additional information
They were good price and quick with service.

Hi

CGS Team
I was a little disappointed the installers ran the dc cables in the roof space without actually going into the roof space. To me it would have been better to have one installers get into the roof space, and run the conduits and cables, minimising the holes in the roof sarking. Show additional information
Origin energy customer service abysmal. I submitted my application on their form in consultation with the electrical contractor . I omitted one small detail so Origin did not accept but did not tell me they had not accepted it. After 7 weeks I contacted them to enquire about my smart meter and was told the application was not valid.it was corrected in a few seconds over the phone and job number assigned but then told it was at the end of the queue and would be up to another 7 weeks before the meter would be installed making it 3 months between installation and when I can turn it on. Origin confirmed they would not let me turn it on until they authorised it.

Hi Ross

Thanks for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with Origin Energy. Unfortunately, the metering process is done privately now and we are not able to assist with speeding up the process.

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team

All the people i dealt with were fantastic, installers were professional, pleasant and cleaned up after themselves, reviews on your sight for captain green are good, so that is I went with them besides there good price.

Hi Tony

CGS Team
We had our system installed at the end of August and although I sent the required documentation to my electricity supplier we are still waiting for them to install our new meter so we can actually use the solar panels. When I inquired the first time about 2 weeks ago they said the installer would contact me when they were coming to install probably 15-20 days. Yesterday 27th August when I rang again they told me that they had only contacted the installer on 17th and to expect installation 20 working days from them so not very happy with this outcome. That means that it will probably not be until 12th October. Show additional information
Installed day late due to rain....but not advised . Three nice foriegn gentlemen ...some communication problem but otherwise OK
Only installed today so to early to comment on customer service
Spoke to Saad, who was very helpfull as well as knowledgeable- he explained everything perfectly. Bought the inverter with a 10 year warranty,so obviously it IS top quality, so I have to rate it 5 stars, along with everything else. I did check prices with several other companies in Tasmania, who all claimed to be the best-{to justify them being up to $3000 dearer for the 6.6kw system} as well as exaggerating the solar gain. So happy with the installation, I have ordered another system for our other house from Saad. Remember, It is worth researching solar systems & the star performance of the inverters & pv panels, AS WELL as the companies performance, BEFORE you buy! Keep up the good work Captain!

Hi Paul

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are extremely pleased to hear about your positive dealings with CGS.

Thank you for your support.

CGS Team
I purchased a solar system that won’t be installed until March 2019 when we build our home. The quote has been locked in for 12 months. Great service and guaranteed best price, even if increases occur they are not passed onto me.

Hi Rob

Thank you for choosing Captain Green to go solar with.

CGS Team
The installation was quite prompt when we we're ready to start. Communication with Captain Green was easy and the installation team were quite efficient and informative. We're very pleased with the experience. Would definitely recommend them.

Hi Larry

Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

CGS Team
I've waited 6 years since building , convinced that the payback time was too long for my age group to be worthwhile installing solar.
Low interest rates and the emergence of home storage options have changed all that.
Along came Captain Green with an offer that looked too good to be true.
But it checked out and turned out to be absolutely true; delivering quality at a fair price even in Tassie.
Using Jinko panels and Zeversolar inverters, they pick quality installers who do a great job.
My system has fed into the grid over 200Kwh in the first 20 days of operation; that's in addition to what we've consumed!!
Captain Green staff, Saad Sadiqui and Sam Meghdir have been both efficient and helpful in guiding us towards an excellent outcome.
The installers that installed my system tweaked the panel layout to maximise efficiency - very helpful.
Congratulations to all you people.
I'd recommend Captain Green any day.

Hi Peter

We are pleased to hear about your positive feedback.

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
I am happy with Captain Greens service but i am NOT happy that i have an expensive roof ornament not producing power because i have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get a meter installed, this is crazy surely it can be coordinated so the solar is fitted one day and the meter the next day i have wasted 6 weeks of savings

Hi Terence

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

As of late 2017, the metering process has been privatised and is the responsibility of your electricity retailer. We are only able to initiate the process and assist you in completing the application for you to lodge with your energy retailer.

CGS Team
Only installed a week ago, currently waiting for inspection and connection to grid Show additional information
overall excellent experance Show additional information
The system was delivered and installed on the advised date. The installers gave clear advice on how they were going to approach the job and completed the job in a day. The work area was left clean and tidy and I couldn't be happier with the installation.

A job well done.

Hi Mike

CGS Team
the install crew were brilliant totally attentive
the Inspection passed with flying colours

Hi Nik

CGS Team
This company gave me everything i wanted at the price i was expecting to pay
All the prices through you were well above what I wanted to pay
Your service should include this company

Hi Chris

Thank you for your kind words.

CGS Team
I had a 6.4KW solar system installed by Captain Green Solar. Collin was my sales contact. Collin was Fantastic in providing me a very competitive price and was able to clarify all my concerns with patience. My Account Manager was Dipti who was able to handle all correspondence and coordinate with the installer in a professional and timely manner . James the Installer and his two co workers were fabulous. They were very friendly, professional and neat with the job. James went out of the way to change the location the Inverter which is great customer service skills.Captain Green Solar will provide me with all the documentation necessary to claim the government rebate. I highly recommend this business.

Hi Mohamed

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are pleased to hear of your positive dealings with CGS.

CGS Team
I would just like to give this business a 5 star rating , From the first phone conversation to after installation has been above my expectations.
Based in Dubbo NSW installation only took 4 weeks. Special thanks to Shayma and Colin great service...

Hello Greg

Thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green and for sharing your feedback.

CGS Team
Very professional from start to finish. Completed earlier than expected. Only one week from the time I confirmed the order. And were willing to negotiate a deal that I was happy to proceed with. Very happy!!

Hello Wayne

We are very pleased to hear of your experience with Captain Green.

We thank you for your support.

CGS Team
Team was great, very proffesional and always kept me up to date on the progress and install dates. Price was very cooperative in comparison to other units also and the quality.

Jake the installer was an absolute legend and did a very professional job and operated in the same manner. Would highly recommend!!

Hi Michael

Thank you for your review.

CGS Team
To early to know the benefit from system Show additional information
I bought 4 systems to be installed in country victoria.I dealt with Colin who was very good to deal with as all information was correct .He said ther would be about 6 weeks before installation and that was the case.James and his two offsiders had the 4 installations completed in two days.They were great workers and made sure that each site was totally clean before leaving.With my experience I would have no reservation in recommending the team at Captain Green Solar

Hi Daryl

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear of your positive experiences.

CGS Team
Very quick installation, appears to be a professional job, very good customer service!

Hu Murray

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for choosing Captain Green to go solar with.

CGS Team
I recommend Captain Green. Good price, top system, no nonsense, professional right through the process. Installers we're knowledgeable and the job done to my requirements in half a day. All warranty paperwork in place, never had to chase them for anything! Good company.

Hi Ben

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience with CGS.

CGS Team
System is being installed as i write this reply so no actual performance feedback at this stage. Show additional information
Disappointed the system only lasted 2 1/2 years until the system had to be replaced to which instead of sending a new one they installed a second hand one , so I’ve gone from a new system to a broken one now a second hand one
NOT happy at all, be careful with the warranty people

Hi Sandy

We appreciate you taking the time and providing us with such valuable feedback.

With relation to the faulty inverter installed at your premises, keeping in line with ours and the manufacturers warranty terms and conditions.

Meaning the faulty unit will be replaced with a unit of the same type and refurbished goods maybe used in this process.

The wear and tear you are referring to is mostly noticeable on the cover of the replacement inverter unit.

This cover is infact replaced by the cover on the faulty unit, in essence eliminating the issue of cosmetic wear and tear.

The warranty terms and conditions can be referred to here https://goo.gl/nUKdLE (Zeversolar) & https://goo.gl/9hPE5j (Captain Green)

Please let us know if you have any further questions with relation to above.

You can contact us on 1300 361 682 or email us on [email protected]

Regards
Captain Green Team
Communication with the client was excellent with all my question answered promptly and with the appropriate level of information or follow up action. Thank you. The local site installation team from TasSolar were also very good and very accommodating regarding questions and follow up submission of paperwork to the network provider. Very easy process thus far. Initial delays in supply of Inverter and Panels was made up for with responsiveness by installers and Company in the finalisation of the work and refund.

Hi

CGS Team
installer was quick and nothing was a problem and very neat and tidy. any questions about system always returned my calls. Have recommended your company to others that are having problems with old system and panels.

Hi Ron

CGS Team
If the service from the energy retailer was as good as Captain Green I would be happy. Am still waiting for the import/export meter to be installed after six weeks so cannot use the system yet - comments on Google reflect that this is common. last communication advised that a contract had been let but unlikely to occur until 30 days longer! Show additional information
It was a pleasure to deal with this company from first contact, office ladies to installers. All very polite and helpful
Site was left clean with no rubbish left. Only took a couple of weeks from first phone call to job completed
Would recommend this company to install your solar system
John

Hello John

Thank you for sharing your story.

We are pleased to hear of your positive experience.