Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green
Gold Partner

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2009. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Captain Green won with us as he was honest with the STC discount. the quotes we received were similar in price, but the STC made the difference.
Plus we have received more solar panels for the same price. As yet it has not been connected by the power company so we can't compare it for quality.
Regards
Elizabeth Owen
The installers Henry, Richard, and Mahmood were very professional and carried out their work efficiently, as the system has just been put in I can't comment on anything else at this stage. Show additional information
Was installed within 2 weeks of approval. Show additional information
There are plenty of other solar companies out there. DO NOT USE THIS ONE. I was awaiting the panels to be installed for 2 months (it took 3 months to get to this point) to then receive a phone call stating that I would need to pay an extra $1500 to proceed as they had not installed the panels on a tiled roof before. I have been reading through other comments below and it seems that this is something they do to con the customer into using their company. I tried to contact custom care a multitude of times, to which I had no response and no return phone call. I finally got a hold of the "sales manager" who said if I do not want to pay the extra then i could take my business elsewhere. Just do not use these guys, not worth the time and hassle. I am now 6 months in from starting with these guys and I have no solar and back to square one. Show additional information
There were 2 installers that had language barriers.
I don't believe the panels are placed on the roof correctly but are generating a good amount of energy and I don't really know how much the solar panels should generate.
The 3 installers headed by Jerry were very efficient and are willing to work hard to get the job done. Show additional information
They designed the system & came to install 15 panels of 300W on 7 Jan 2019 and 5 panels on 8 Jan 2019 total 20 panels of 300W = 6.0KW with 5.0KW inverter.
But everyday my system never gets over 4KW max is around 3.5-3.7KW. I think this is too low for my system.
Tried to contact them by email and Facebook message want to find out anything wrong with system.
BUT NO ONE REPLY.
Look like they do not care after you make full payment.

Hi Paul

Thank you for your review.

Please note, that Captain Green Solar strives to deliver quality service to all our customers.

We have looked into this matter and note that your email was sent on the 19th of January 2019 and escalated to the relevant individual.

We note the Support team has been in touch with you on 22nd Feb 2019 and has successfully resolved your queries.

We further note that you would like your solar consultant to get in touch with you and he will be doing so soon.

In future, please do lodge a Service and Repair form from our website if you experience any issues with your solar panel system: http://www.captaingreen.com.au/service/

Once done, please do allow a few days for our Support team to be in touch with you.

Feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
I did quite a bit of research before I committed to 3 new solar systems. I was concerned about the �cowboy� companies that seem to dominate this industry. Particularly because we are 300 km outside Sydney.
Captain Green was not the cheapest quote but quoted on Jinko panels and Fronius inverters. They installed the systems within the agreed timeframes. The office staff and installers were very pleasant and easy to deal with and the workmanship was of the highest quality; wiring was neat and all properly secured.
I would recommend Captain Green very highly.
Well, I have to agree with ALL the bad comments of Sonya, Minh and Kevin (Feb 2019) Captain Green is a joke!!

They had me sign up, with impressive promises and all I have done since, is chase them! Many false promises from the call centre staff, like 'we will get back to you etc etc.' of course with no return calls!!

First problem I found out is they had no installer in my area!! Then why sign me up?? I accepted a pretty high quote due to the reasonably remote location.

But it ONLY GETS WORSE! My quote is clearly for installation on a TWO story building (as you would all recount, they google map your roof when doing the original quote) this fact is clearly defined on my contract! but NOW they or their contractor (whomever they are?) can't do the installation without hiring a scissor lift with Captain Green now demanding a FURTHER $600 to now undertake the installation.

Furthermore, I ONLY signed up on the promise of Trina Honey Plus Black panels - now guess what they can't provide them either & have reverted back to the rubbish PV panels I rejected originally! I've had enough and I am off to Fair Trading about this crowd....Take my advice and don't go near them if you are thinking about solar...........
So happy with this system, our 1st electricity bill was in credit!!! ( usually account is around $500.00 a quarter..) Show additional information
Saad was my contact with the company and I wish to thank him for his assistance. Show additional information
Captain Green got my job done much faster than I expected & I cannot fault the quality of the install.
Communication was great & their honesty when it came to my STC allowance was far better than other suppliers.

Hi Garry

Thank you for your review.

We are really pleased with your positive feedback.

Please feel free to take part in our referral program, where you would receive a $100 gift voucher for each customer who you refer.

CGS Team
Paid deposit in October 2018. Still waiting to be advised of install date, it's now Feb 2019!! Had no phone calls from them, we always chasing and calling up. No one gives any details on what the hold up is or when we are to be installed. My first call to them in early Dec and I was told in my area, it can be 6 weeks before an install date can be given-its now 3 going on 4 months!!! Show additional information
The installation took longer than expected (around 10 weeks rather than 4 - 6 weeks as promised). I had to send many emails after 7 weeks of waiting, before the installation was granted.
I introduced my brother to Captain Green, he signed a contract with them back in mid of October-2018 up until now 02/02/2019 (15 weeks counting...), many promises have been made but there is still no definite confirmation of installation???
we rang them (1300 361682), we have normally been diverted to voice mail... message was left but never being replied! My brother is thinking about cancelling the order if there is no confirmation about his installation soon. My sister has asked me about my installation with Captain Green, as she want to have the same system. I hesitate to introduce Captain Green to her, due to their poor promise/service.

Hi Minh

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the delay with your installation. This was due to the VIC rebate rush and we now have a branch operating in Victoria to ensure all our installs are completed within a timely manner.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

CGS Team
Installed Jinko panels are not vertically aligned (10 -12 mm) on the tracks & the system looks like a very unprofessional installation.

This was pointed out to one of the installers who attended the next day for a signature and he advised that he would notify the license holder.
Also, I was picking up plastic bags, zip ties, screws & wire cuttings around the house and yard for days after the install.

Follow up with Captain Green has been slow, frustrating and so far, non productive, after 6 weeks. The sales team seem more motivated then the service team.

Advertised system was for 6.6kw but the best output to date indicates 4,920 w. I understand that there are design and equipment efficiency losses but a 25% reduction seems excessive. Why have a headline figure when reality is a lesser value.

The software (app) for inverter monitoring via WiFi provided by GoodWe is challenging and I have not been able to successfully set this up.

My overall experience on this install has been very disappointing and is vastly different to our initial 1.5kw system which was professionally installed as expected and still functioning after more than 6 years.

Hi Kevin

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for your unpleasant experience with Captain Green.

Please do refer to an email sent to you by our Support team on 11th January requesting relevant images. We have not received a response yet, but would like to address your concerns.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
The entire experience with Saad and his team from Captain Green and their installer OJE Electrical was fantastic.
I received a top quality system at an excellent price and with an excellent installation on site.
Being a very fussy customer I am not easy to please - though Saad was extremely knowledgable, helpful and patient, and the rest of his team were also great all the way through.
Osman from OJE electrical was exceptional, excellent care and attention to detail and professionalism from start to finish.
Couldn't be happier.

Hi Tim

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience.

CGS Team
Some of yours did not contact me.
Unhappy with another solar company as their truck ran into my house causing a lot of damage.
Placed an order 1-Nov-2018 with a commitment for 4-6 weeks installation time. Then, it got moved it 6-8 weeks, now it is been 12 weeks. Yet no sign or update on installation date. These guys are absolutely unprofessional. I have been following up every week with them. No courtesy call from them to keep on the installation date postpone or whatever. Wouldn't recommended them for anyone. JUST KEEP AWAY FROM THEM!!! Show additional information
I signed contract with Captain Green on the 11th October 2018 to install a 6.6kw solar panel, was told take about 4-6 weeks, today is 17th Jan 2019, 3 months and 6 days, still outstanding.

Since I paid the deposit and waiting for installation, there was an solar panel shortage issue, I was offered an alternative, I accepted but that didn't happen due to installer sick (and I wasn't informed), then I requested back to the original order and assigned another installer, that again didn't happen, I waited 3 weeks and called, was told the assigned installer is on leave, finically was assigned to another installer and booked for the 4th Jan 2019 installation, the installer came had look and said the roof is too high (about 9m) couldn't do it and then left!

Prior Captain Green gave me the quote/order, I had sent the house photos, and raised the concern about the height, I was told by the sales guy that they have done hundreds of like mine, mine is nothing special.

After many phone calls, the Captain Green get back to me said this job requires special ladder and I need to pay $600 extra, I argued they should pay for the tools required not me, but they insist either I pay $600 or cancel the order.

I'm going to take them to VCAT.

Think again before you sign with this company!

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your review.

Please note that we were not advised of the height of your property at any point.

The extra costs involved is not for a ladder. You will require a scissor lift.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact
the General Manager on [email protected]

CGS Team
Very friendly people came to install the system

Hi Gurmej

CGS Team
I phoned Captain Green and paid a deposit for a 6.6kw system and they put through an order for a 6kw system even when I had the advert and sent C.G a copy of the advert. The sales manager said he didn't know about the 6.6kw system. I'm not going to call him a liar but you know what I think. After that I had a lot of C.G staff contacting me to convince me the correct system was 6kw. RUBBISH. Now complaints with Solar Victoria, Consumer Affairs etc.

Dear Anthony,

Many thanks for your feedback.

We have at this stage proposed the following resolutions:

1) Install the 2 remaining panels at no cost to you
2) Offer a monetary discount of $225 if you choose not to install the 2 panels

We accept that an error had been made with relation to the number of panels offered, as a result we requested for confirmation via a copy of the ad in question.

Andrew had then approved it and further delegated the task to one of the account managers.

Unfortunately the account manager had missed the communication and not updated our systems accordingly, thus resulting in you getting 20 out of the 22 panels purchased.

Having installed around 10,000+ systems over our 9 year term we have never gone down the path your are accusing us of and at Captain Green we have no motive to abuse yourself or take advantage of the situation on hand.

Regardless, as you have now made the decision to involve external parties, we will honour this and wait for them to make contact with us.

The best point of contact ongoing would be myself, I can be reached on 0415 599 245 or via [email protected]

Please also accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Yaseen Iskander
General Manager
Hi Finn
Although i did not go with your two suggested I followed your advice and sourced Captain Green from your accredited supplier list using Jinko Panels and Zever Solar Inverter.

I relied heavily on your advice and am very happy with our decision.

Many thanks

Graham
Although you were unable to supply quotes in the time frame needed, I found that your website was extremely helpful in navigating the solar 'mine field', and helped me to find reputable suppliers based on your recommendations and customer reviews. Show additional information
Unable to determine quality of system at this stage as only had it installed in the last few days.
Workmen were very professional and pleasant and there appeared to be no problems during installation
Yet to be installed Show additional information
Tim, Ben and Johnno were so nice. Local guys to the peninsula. Stinking hot day but they just got on with the job and didn't complain. Lots of cold water and icy poles helped!
Even took away their rubbish. Wouldn't even know they were there! Thankyou heaps. Can't wait to reap the rewards!!
We had great customer service until we paid our deposit but have had terrible customer service in regards to getting our system installed. No reply to emails and not calling back. Still waiting for installation.

Hi Krystyna

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced and have looked into internal processes to make them more efficient.

Due to the end of year rush with installations, regional installs took a little longer than expected.

We do hope that your install went well.

CGS Team
We have paid a deposit of around 650$ we have sent all the photos and info to these people, all gear sent to our address ready for installation, the installer then notify us that we need to spend 3500$ to up grade our electricity metre, we need to up grade our structure (even though we were told all is ok) more of a cost! Hope we get our deposit back!! The worst experience ever!! Awaiting captain solars reply! Hoping they do the right thing!!!

Hi Jayne

Thank you for your review.

We had spoken to Phillip on the same day your installation was cancelled in relation to this matter and we were advised to wait until we received a full report from the installer before coming to an agreement with Phillip. We have searched for your refund request and no request for this has been made at this point.

Unfortunately, upon closer inspection a range of issues were present and our installer followed protocol to consult Captain Green prior to doing any further works. The issues involved included upgrade of your main switchboard to your houses main switch CB and your wire running to the shed is 2.5mm - this would need to be upgraded due to size and AS3000, as it needs to be 6mm. Extra works required involve re trenching of about 15m from house to shed for submains. Also, there were concerns of how many panels will fit on your shed - If you'd like the panels on your house roof, tilt frames would be required which would incur council fees and certificates to be obtained.

As agreed with Phillip, we are aiming to find the best possible solution for you and will get back to him after we consult the General Manager and see how we can assist.

Alternatively, if you wish for prompt refund, we are more than happy to action this. Please do send an email through and this will be done.

CGS Team
Not at this stage Show additional information