Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Best quote, great installer

We live just outside Canberra. We did a bit of shopping around, but Captain Green came in with the best quote, and their installer was very easy to work with. Show additional information

Fantastic installer and nice installation

The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. The sales and quoting process was as well as the customer service were excellent. The installation was also tidy, and the installers were polite and punctual. Show additional information

Good installer who seemed to understand and listen to our desires.

I had read elsewhere that Captain Green had installed up to 10kW on a single phase system in the AusGrid area and so after I checked their reviews in "Solar Quotes" and other web sites I gave them a call. My initial contact with them (Andrew) was confident that approval for a 6kw system would be easily obtainable and given that I am in a rural area with long and probably inadequate AusGrid cables we decided on a 6kW Fronius Inverter with 7.8kW of Jinko 300w panels that would fit and fill comfortably my available roof space. The installer needed to postpone my installation by one day but he was good with his communication and prompt on the installation day. The work was neat and easily finished in the one day. As I had already just removed a much smaller failing 10 year old system, NET metering was already available so it was connected and working on the same afternoon.

Hi Douglass

Thank you for your support.

If you have any referrals, please feel free to send them via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

captain green solar

from start salesperson installer follow up everything went smooth not a problem

Hi Geoff,

CGS Team

fantasic service, quick installation.

Dominic and Stefan were fantastic in the sales and administration. I received the government rebate ok on a Thursday and had the system installed on the following Tuesday! John and his team of installers did a fantastic job, highly recommended. I've had the Sungrow inverter and panels installed for a few weeks now, they seem to be working perfectly. The service Sungrow offered was also second to none when I had some technical issues in setting up the monitoring portal.

Hi Peter,

QUICK, PROFESSIONAL INSTALL AND WORKING WONDERFULLY

The quoting process was easy. Factual, friendly and my questions answered. It was a good transaction.

Some Asian men did the install on a Sunday. They were friendly, polite, respectful and worked hard.

All processes were conducted to my complete satisfaction.

Hi Fran,

Professional service

Great advice when asking for initial quote.
Profetionaly installed, great workmanskip.
System up and running works great, just waiting for the net meter to be installed.
Great service Captain Green.

Hi Lawrence,

Professional and Great Value

Sales/quoting process done online with all questions answered in depth. Images of roof and existing meter emailed to Captain Green. Installer was very professional, on time, reliable and did a great job - changed original quoted location of panels and inverter on my request as per research from solarquotes website and other research I conducted. The install team was very helpful and polite and extremely efficient.
I had to organise the grid connection myself and also had to contact Growatt Inverter tech support for assistance in setting up app monitoring tool as the instructions were very confusing. They were also very helpful and setup monitoring system in minutes over the phone.
Very smooth installation because installers were efficient and listened to my requests including installing inverter inside garage to protect from weather.

Hi Gaye,

Fantastic installers

Our lnstallers, Richard and Henry had a great work ethic and did a terrific job in about 7hours. Very neat installation,very happy with it

Hi Brian,

CGS Team

Referred by a friend and very happy with the outcome

Very pleased with the process. We were referred by a friend. Planning the location of the panels was all done via satellite photos and minor adjustments made on the day of installation.

The guys installing the system came about mid morning and worked consistently during the day. They finished just as it was getting dark. They did a very tidy job. Despite being winter when we turned the system on we have been very pleased with the amount of electricity we have been generating and this has been rising steadily as the angle of the sun rises.

Hi Peter,

CGS Team
The system that I was quoted for changed twice by the time I actually got it which was annoying. On each occasion I then had to spend a considerable amount of time researching the hardware and deciding whether to go ahead. The last change was made about 5 days before the planned installation which I had arranged a day off work to be home for. I was unsure whether I was being conned/coerced into a lesser quality system or the problem was legitimate. As it turned out I am so far (4weeks) very happy with the system and the whole experience, so my concern was probably not warranted.
The sales people and administration at Captain Green seem to be very good and very thorough and there was no hard sell. Of the 3 companies you recommended, one did not return my call at all and one got back to me about a week later via text in very bad English.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. I have located your profile and ran through the notes. Unfortunately, there was a nation wide shortage on the panels you ordered, due to the 7 day public holiday in China. Therefore, we aimed to find the best possible solution to overcome this issue.

Thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green.

Hassle Free

Phoned these guys after receiving a flyer in my letter box. Have been looking at solar systems and companies for a year. From first contact, through to installation, through to saving money on my power bill. Absolutely no problems.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 in relation to any further issues you may wish to discuss.

CGS Team
Install was good but left without fixing a broken tile and poor clean up of tiles ie rubbish. When contacted, poor time response.

Hi Stewart

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

CGS Team

This was an upgrade of the existing solar system, that Capt. Green installed almost 2 years ago and which exceeded my expections. Really nice people to work with, from start to finish.

Sales staff and quote were good and no surprises, as were the two guys who carried out the installation. They went through set-up with me, and were very friendly and helpful. All paperwork for Ausgrid and my electricity provider done, all I had to do was sign and forward. This is why I used them again, and recommend to anyone looking into buying a solar system to at least include them in your 3 quotes that you should always get prior to committing yourselves, be it an upgrade or new system.

Hi Keith,

CGS Team
salesperson was so keen to sign up a sale and when something had to change/wasn't checked properly the communications were very poor/didn't want to know Show additional information
Very good experience with Captain Green Solar. Starting with Tony at sales who was very prompt in replying to all my questions, provided a quick site survey and without any selling pressure. This was followed up with the installers from Blue Sky Electrical which did a very good job. I'm a rather technical person and was impressed with their work, although not all of them spoke English. Finally, Divya and Nabilla ensured that all the papers were in order and meter connection arranged. All these completed within a fortnight of my first call. I found Captain Green Solar very competitive with their quotes but not the cheapest cut price operator. Overall happy with my decision to pay slightly more in exchange for a good experience.

Hi Patrick

CGS Team
I talked to Aaron on the phone [he was easy to understand - I'm hard of hearing]. He emailed the quote, I was happy with it and had it fitted on the day they said. [12/06/19] I had the meter change and connection on the 03/07/19 and have had mostly cloudy/misty rain days since. [typical winter here] I am happy the way it has operated since it has been connected.
Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your support.

Excellent Customer Service

I was impressed by the speed at which the quoting process and sales administration were handled allowing for the work to be completed within a week. Installation was conducted in a punctual and professional manner, team answered my many questions in a friendly polite manner and were respectful of my property leaving it in a very tidy state. I was extremely satisfied with overall support by the Captain Green staff including with the advice regarding connection to the grid.

Hi Louisa

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

We appreciate your support. Please note, any referrals you have can be added via this link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/ . Once they are installed, you will be eligible for a $100 gift voucher.

Well organised

Everything went smoothly, installed on the agreed date, system working well.

Hi Donald

We are pleased to hear your positive feedback.

Please do keep our referral program in mind - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Very happy with Captain Green

Very happy with Captain Green Solar. Jay and his offsider Josh installed my solar system last week. The guys went out of their way to make sure the installation was exactly as I wanted and none of it was a hassle. Jay suggested options which would increase the life of the inverter which was great. The guys worked hard for the whole day installing the system which was appreciated. Would recommend to friends and family.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for taking the time to complete this review.

We appreciate your support.

Please feel free to send through any of your family and friends details via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

CGS Team
Captain Green was also recommended by you. I found them to be courteous, responsive and willing to negotiate. I felt
the first two suppliers were a bit pushy and not as responsive.

Hello

Thank you for your kind words.

We appreciate the time taken to leave this review.

Fantastic team from Installer, Admin, planning etc

Captain Green was recommended to me and I am so happy with the work Dominic, Gerald and the team, Cam the inspector and everyone else I have spoken to.

Good price and really great customer service, easy payment after the job (so they know they are good).

I have now recommended them to others.

Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback!

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Captain Green.

Really professional service throughout

All really professional and very quick. They kept me informed through each stage of the process and time from placing order to installation was less than a week.

Hi Tim

Professional installer.

Quick, efficient and accurate quote for my needs. The installation date took a fair amount of time to happen but I was in a country area. Once a date was given the installer was punctual, and completed the installation in a clean,professional and thorough manner. The solar system was up and running before the installer left and he cleaned up after. The after sales service was excellent with the company filling out all the required paperwork etc and lodging the request, to have the system hooked to the grid.

Hi Garry

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green

Please feel free to take part in our referral program - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Good company to deal !!!

Good company to deal !!! Quick service and installation !!! Good product.

Hi Stanislav

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your support!

CGS Team
The installation team did a great job. I needed support with configuring my inverter for monitoring. Support was not good.

Hi Juha

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for the after sales support. Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to get back to your email immediately. If the matter is urgent, please feel free to contact our After Sales Team on 1300 361 682 via option 2.

CGS Team

Fantastic people to deal with fantastic installation

From start to end the team at Captain Green were fantastic. Malalay was so helpful and so easy to deal with nothing was a problem for her she had arranged Heath and his team to carry out install which was also perfect with no issues whatsoever. I can’t speak highly enough of Captain Green Solar!!! I even compared other systems installed by other companies within a few KM radius of our home and our system performed the best by far.

Thanks again Captain Green job well done!
Overall - Very Poor Experience.
I started a transaction with Captain Green, however cancelled the transaction due to a very poor experience. Please do your research and select carefully. Based on my experience, I would not recommend to my friends or family.
The main reasons that I felt that I had a poor experience was due to the below:
(1) One week notice to have spare tiles - 1 week before the installation was to occur, I was given a reminder of the installation date, and to also ensure that I have spare roof tiles ready incase they break any. This was the first time I was told my anyone from Captain Green that I needed to have spare tiles, in which I had to take time off work to scramble around to find tiles in time for the install, otherwise we'd need to reschedule.
(2) Captain Green cancelled 1 day before the install date - I had my install day scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance. Then 1 day before the install day, I received a call from Captain Green to advise that the installer has rejected the solar panel roof design that was submitted and also advised that it may take 2 days for the install and therefore the install on the following day is to be cancelled. Note that Captain Green subcontracts their solar installation. Captain Green obviously did not want to pay any extra to cover the installation costs and wanted to look for other installers that can do it cheaper. This tells me that they have a poor process when selecting an installer and submitting their roof design, but also that there may be some incompetency in the way they design and provide quotes for customers.
(3) Captain Green cancelled again 1 business day before the install - After the first cancellation, Captain Green advised that there was only 1 installer that was willing to do the install within the provided costs/quote. I had my concerns here around the installation being sub-par as the installer is trying to do an install to meet a very low cost, however with some doubts I agreed to a new installation date which was 3 weeks away from the first install date. The new Install date was on a Monday, and on the Thursday (2 business day before the install date) I received a call to advise that the Inverter that I wanted is out of stock and that I would have to wait for over 2 months before new stock arrives. They tried to sell me another Inverter, but based on my experience to date, it was easy for me to say "Just cancel this transaction".
(4) More Incompetencies - less than 24hrs after the last call and after the the transaction with Captain Green was cancelled, I received another call from them to say, "We've found some stock of the Inverter you wanted, I can book you in for the end of next week". Firstly the transaction's already cancelled, and secondly the install date was meant to the on the Monday which I had to pre-arrange..

Anyway, this was my experience and to me, it wasn't a great one. I've since had my Panels installed by a different installer and they completed the installation within half a day.
The system is not currently working as it should. After discussions I have contacted the local energy supplier about the matter and they tested electricity supply to my house. It appears there may be too much electricity coming to the house and they will reduce it within 30 days of testing. Once this is reduced, perhaps the system will operate correctly. Currently it works then stops for long periods before kicking in again. I am not happy yet and will consider the outlay to be worthwhile once the system is working correctly. At this stage I do not know if the fault is with the electricity supplier or a faulty system installed. Time will tell. Show additional information
The invertor installed, Growatt, was not one your site recommends, but it does come with 10 years warranty too.

But the first installation, there was a missing part. So I had to wait 2 weeks, with a few calls to chase up, to eventually get a new, but same model, installed.

And even so, the technician failed to call to let me know he was coming. And managed to leave with part of the house without power! After calling up the company, the technician came back to rectify the problem an hour later.

But I found out the next day that he had also forgotten to install the wifi module, do no analytics. Captain Green Solar will send out the technician again to install the module.
I am one pleased customer!

Highly recommend Captain Green and will be referring them to our friends and family!

I came across Captain Green from Solar Quotes and thought I would give them a shot.

System: 35 x 300w Jinkos, 10kw Fronius Inverter + Fronious Smart Meter
Location: Kellyville, NSW

I had rung a few other companies however people were just taking my number down and would not call back (I did get through to a few other companies but after reading their reviews I wasn't going to use them just got quotes).

I rang Captain Green late afternoon and got connected through to Aaron (do your self a favour and speak to Aaron). He was not pushy at all, did not get frustrated when I kept asking a million questions and did not mind running through different options when I wanted to try and fit some panels on our north facing roof. He is very knowledgeable and explained things in detail for me. I spoke to him on the 3/4/19 and the next day after not hearing back from any of the other highly rated companies - I rang him back negotiated a better price and we did a deal and I paid my deposit.

After leaving my deposit the other 4-5 companies had submitted their quotes and they were all well over the price I had negotiated with Captain Green!

Whilst waiting for authority approval to install I went back and forth with Aaron thinking I had made the wrong decision to go East - West Split. I called him once daily with my concerns but he talked me through it - Worked out what the difference would be and the benefits of either scenario. He even talked me out off adding another system for the northern roof (who tells you to not spend more money). I'm glad he did though as I don't think we will need a system larger than what we have now. His advice was to go with what we had ordered - Run through a few bill cycles and review after that. That's what you want to hear from your sales consultant - Rather than the usual upsell!!

From then I was in contact with Dipti who was handling my install - She was understanding (and very helpful) and worked around what dates suited us best.

Our system was installed yesterday by Tony (recommended by Aaron) and his team - I cannot speak of them highly enough. They were prompt, very very very polite and efficient. Workman ship quality is perfect! We have a double story house and all cables are hidden - there are no exposed conduits whatsoever. The inverter install is also very neat. They started arrived around 8am and started around 8.30am and were here till after 6pm. Our install was a big job given we had 35 panels and on top of that we had requested the Fronius smart meter which involved alot of extra wiring (most of the work was in the wiring). Everything was left neat and tidy all rubbish was removed.

Due to the sun setting Tony was unable to test the system and came back today (Good Friday) and spent an hour with me setting up the inverter and setting up the wifi monitoring on my phone. I was amazed he offered to come back today when he could have said today was a public holiday (which I would have understood).

I am truly amazed with the service we have received from Captain Green Solar through out the whole process from Sales through to Install.

Hi Ken

We appreciate the time and effort taken to complete this review and are very pleased to hear of your positive experience.

Thank you for choosing to go solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
The installers did a good job but finished in the dark and left a section of panel rail overhanging the end barge board, as we are in the country the chances of them coming back to rectify their mistake is nil even though we have reported it to the company.

Hi Peter

Thank you for your review.

I have spoken to the NSW State Manager, who advised that the installers will be back to rectify this. We are aiming to have this resolved by end of this week most likely.

We appreciate your patience.

CGS Team
From my initial enquiries to competition was perfect

Hi Tim

Thanks for your review!

Please do keep in mind our referral program for any friends or family who are interested in solar. Each sign up awards you with a $100 gift card voucher, once they are installed.

CGS Team
I have mixed feelings about my experience with Captain Solar Green.
The installation process was fantastic. They did keep me updated and were very helpful throughout the process.
While my experience up to installation has been great, its been over a month since I received my electrical certificates and documentation to submit to the government for rebate.
I have contacted them numerous times to be told the certificate is held up with the installer. While it might not be Captain Solar Green's fault, they did organise the installer.
I feel that my queries are not important or not being taken seriously or not being followed up with the installer diligently.
After a month of waiting this is now getting frustrating and I'm having second thoughts as to why I recommended Captain Green to my family and friends.
Hopefully, I get my documents this side of Easter.