Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green
ABN: 19 145 762 170  ABN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
ACN: 145 762 170  ACN active since 13 Aug 2010 | Captain Green Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 241986C Captain Green Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 291168 Captain Green Pty Ltd

TAS: 15607023 Captain Green Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28412 Captain Green Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $766 - $9,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Was installed within 2 weeks of approval.

Hi Ren

Thanks for the review!

CGS Team

Good Communication, Friendly Staff and on-time work!

I got my solar system installed in June from Captain Green. They were extremely helpful during the sales/quoting process (especially Dominic). Installation was smooth and product was as described, previously another installer had told me it was impossible to fit this size system on my roof but Captain Green arrived and did their work professionally and as promised. Customer service was above and beyond with them even sending a $100 gift card for referring a friend. Show additional information

Fantastic Support

Awesome support throughout the description, specifying, quoting, and application for approvals processes. Staff readily and clearly gave as much over the phone and online help as was asked for. Excellent rugged panel system and very neatly installed electrics. Performing exactly as quoted. Can't recommend more. Show additional information

Dodgy scammers! Cowboy installers, dc isolators came off.

Terrible experience just shonky installation..dc isolators came off ..installers hardly spoke any English ..aggressive sales forced me to pay a deposit...told me Ill be installed within 4 weeks and its been over 3 months..manager was aggresive and rude Show additional information

Very good sales service, neat installation. Captain green is recommended

Sales and quoting process was very good. Team quoted based on my needs and provided options on system and placement of panels. Quote came in a timely manner and they answered any questions very quickly.

Installation was fine apart from the installer appeared to want to install the panels in layout that was most convenient to him. It took some convincing to get him to install as per the quote. Another small issue was that I wasn’t told that you would be required to be on site for the duration of the install.

Customer service after installation was good and they helped organise the grid connection.

I love watching my solar app to see my system work each day
They don’t call Captain Green Solar for nothing these guys were brilliant for me and at the TOP of their game from the Initial Conception (phone calls etc , scheduling etc) to completion (install) everything was organised and on time. Installation was professional, quick and really great quality. Highly recommend for anyone looking to get solar from the TEAM at Captain Green Solar you will be impressed Show additional information

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great team

All of the Captain Green team are very professional, helpful and easy to converse with. Show additional information

Very quick from quote to install happy with system install and quality

Very quick from quote to install happy with system install and quality Show additional information

Happy customer

Easy to deal with quick & prompt installation.
Installation team was very friendly & did a great job

Seamless from start to finish

The solar journey with captain green was a positive experience. No issues / hassles. On time , good price , happy customer so far. Show additional information

Happy with solar system

I had a good experience with Captain Green and I think value for money they have delivered. I was happy with the whole process, sales, managing installation, installation and after service care. I called and reported a suspected fault and the installer was back that day to check. System is connected to the grid and is operational, Happy!! Show additional information

Best quote, great installer

We live just outside Canberra. We did a bit of shopping around, but Captain Green came in with the best quote, and their installer was very easy to work with. Show additional information

Fantastic installer and nice installation

The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. The sales and quoting process was as well as the customer service were excellent. The installation was also tidy, and the installers were polite and punctual. Show additional information

Good installer who seemed to understand and listen to our desires.

I had read elsewhere that Captain Green had installed up to 10kW on a single phase system in the AusGrid area and so after I checked their reviews in "Solar Quotes" and other web sites I gave them a call. My initial contact with them (Andrew) was confident that approval for a 6kw system would be easily obtainable and given that I am in a rural area with long and probably inadequate AusGrid cables we decided on a 6kW Fronius Inverter with 7.8kW of Jinko 300w panels that would fit and fill comfortably my available roof space. The installer needed to postpone my installation by one day but he was good with his communication and prompt on the installation day. The work was neat and easily finished in the one day. As I had already just removed a much smaller failing 10 year old system, NET metering was already available so it was connected and working on the same afternoon.

Hi Douglass

Thank you for your support.

If you have any referrals, please feel free to send them via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

captain green solar

from start salesperson installer follow up everything went smooth not a problem

Hi Geoff,

CGS Team

fantasic service, quick installation.

Dominic and Stefan were fantastic in the sales and administration. I received the government rebate ok on a Thursday and had the system installed on the following Tuesday! John and his team of installers did a fantastic job, highly recommended. I've had the Sungrow inverter and panels installed for a few weeks now, they seem to be working perfectly. The service Sungrow offered was also second to none when I had some technical issues in setting up the monitoring portal.

Hi Peter,

QUICK, PROFESSIONAL INSTALL AND WORKING WONDERFULLY

The quoting process was easy. Factual, friendly and my questions answered. It was a good transaction.

Some Asian men did the install on a Sunday. They were friendly, polite, respectful and worked hard.

All processes were conducted to my complete satisfaction.

Hi Fran,

Professional service

Great advice when asking for initial quote.
Profetionaly installed, great workmanskip.
System up and running works great, just waiting for the net meter to be installed.
Great service Captain Green.

Hi Lawrence,

Professional and Great Value

Sales/quoting process done online with all questions answered in depth. Images of roof and existing meter emailed to Captain Green. Installer was very professional, on time, reliable and did a great job - changed original quoted location of panels and inverter on my request as per research from solarquotes website and other research I conducted. The install team was very helpful and polite and extremely efficient.
I had to organise the grid connection myself and also had to contact Growatt Inverter tech support for assistance in setting up app monitoring tool as the instructions were very confusing. They were also very helpful and setup monitoring system in minutes over the phone.
Very smooth installation because installers were efficient and listened to my requests including installing inverter inside garage to protect from weather.

Hi Gaye,

Fantastic installers

Our lnstallers, Richard and Henry had a great work ethic and did a terrific job in about 7hours. Very neat installation,very happy with it

Hi Brian,

CGS Team

Referred by a friend and very happy with the outcome

Very pleased with the process. We were referred by a friend. Planning the location of the panels was all done via satellite photos and minor adjustments made on the day of installation.

The guys installing the system came about mid morning and worked consistently during the day. They finished just as it was getting dark. They did a very tidy job. Despite being winter when we turned the system on we have been very pleased with the amount of electricity we have been generating and this has been rising steadily as the angle of the sun rises.

Hi Peter,

CGS Team
The system that I was quoted for changed twice by the time I actually got it which was annoying. On each occasion I then had to spend a considerable amount of time researching the hardware and deciding whether to go ahead. The last change was made about 5 days before the planned installation which I had arranged a day off work to be home for. I was unsure whether I was being conned/coerced into a lesser quality system or the problem was legitimate. As it turned out I am so far (4weeks) very happy with the system and the whole experience, so my concern was probably not warranted.
The sales people and administration at Captain Green seem to be very good and very thorough and there was no hard sell. Of the 3 companies you recommended, one did not return my call at all and one got back to me about a week later via text in very bad English.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. I have located your profile and ran through the notes. Unfortunately, there was a nation wide shortage on the panels you ordered, due to the 7 day public holiday in China. Therefore, we aimed to find the best possible solution to overcome this issue.

Thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green.

Hassle Free

Phoned these guys after receiving a flyer in my letter box. Have been looking at solar systems and companies for a year. From first contact, through to installation, through to saving money on my power bill. Absolutely no problems.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 in relation to any further issues you may wish to discuss.

CGS Team
Install was good but left without fixing a broken tile and poor clean up of tiles ie rubbish. When contacted, poor time response.

Hi Stewart

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

CGS Team

This was an upgrade of the existing solar system, that Capt. Green installed almost 2 years ago and which exceeded my expections. Really nice people to work with, from start to finish.

Sales staff and quote were good and no surprises, as were the two guys who carried out the installation. They went through set-up with me, and were very friendly and helpful. All paperwork for Ausgrid and my electricity provider done, all I had to do was sign and forward. This is why I used them again, and recommend to anyone looking into buying a solar system to at least include them in your 3 quotes that you should always get prior to committing yourselves, be it an upgrade or new system.

Hi Keith,

CGS Team
salesperson was so keen to sign up a sale and when something had to change/wasn't checked properly the communications were very poor/didn't want to know Show additional information
Very good experience with Captain Green Solar. Starting with Tony at sales who was very prompt in replying to all my questions, provided a quick site survey and without any selling pressure. This was followed up with the installers from Blue Sky Electrical which did a very good job. I'm a rather technical person and was impressed with their work, although not all of them spoke English. Finally, Divya and Nabilla ensured that all the papers were in order and meter connection arranged. All these completed within a fortnight of my first call. I found Captain Green Solar very competitive with their quotes but not the cheapest cut price operator. Overall happy with my decision to pay slightly more in exchange for a good experience.

Hi Patrick

CGS Team
I talked to Aaron on the phone [he was easy to understand - I'm hard of hearing]. He emailed the quote, I was happy with it and had it fitted on the day they said. [12/06/19] I had the meter change and connection on the 03/07/19 and have had mostly cloudy/misty rain days since. [typical winter here] I am happy the way it has operated since it has been connected.
Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your support.

Excellent Customer Service

I was impressed by the speed at which the quoting process and sales administration were handled allowing for the work to be completed within a week. Installation was conducted in a punctual and professional manner, team answered my many questions in a friendly polite manner and were respectful of my property leaving it in a very tidy state. I was extremely satisfied with overall support by the Captain Green staff including with the advice regarding connection to the grid.

Hi Louisa

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

We appreciate your support. Please note, any referrals you have can be added via this link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/ . Once they are installed, you will be eligible for a $100 gift voucher.

Well organised

Everything went smoothly, installed on the agreed date, system working well.

Hi Donald

We are pleased to hear your positive feedback.

Please do keep our referral program in mind - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Very happy with Captain Green

Very happy with Captain Green Solar. Jay and his offsider Josh installed my solar system last week. The guys went out of their way to make sure the installation was exactly as I wanted and none of it was a hassle. Jay suggested options which would increase the life of the inverter which was great. The guys worked hard for the whole day installing the system which was appreciated. Would recommend to friends and family.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for taking the time to complete this review.

We appreciate your support.

Please feel free to send through any of your family and friends details via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

CGS Team
Captain Green was also recommended by you. I found them to be courteous, responsive and willing to negotiate. I felt
the first two suppliers were a bit pushy and not as responsive.

Hello

Thank you for your kind words.

We appreciate the time taken to leave this review.

Fantastic team from Installer, Admin, planning etc

Captain Green was recommended to me and I am so happy with the work Dominic, Gerald and the team, Cam the inspector and everyone else I have spoken to.

Good price and really great customer service, easy payment after the job (so they know they are good).

I have now recommended them to others.

Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback!

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Captain Green.

Really professional service throughout

All really professional and very quick. They kept me informed through each stage of the process and time from placing order to installation was less than a week.

Hi Tim

Professional installer.

Quick, efficient and accurate quote for my needs. The installation date took a fair amount of time to happen but I was in a country area. Once a date was given the installer was punctual, and completed the installation in a clean,professional and thorough manner. The solar system was up and running before the installer left and he cleaned up after. The after sales service was excellent with the company filling out all the required paperwork etc and lodging the request, to have the system hooked to the grid.

Hi Garry

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green

Please feel free to take part in our referral program - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/