Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green
Gold Partner

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2009. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

I signed contract with Captain Green on the 11th October 2018 to install a 6.6kw solar panel, was told take about 4-6 weeks, today is 17th Jan 2019, 3 months and 6 days, still outstanding.

Since I paid the deposit and waiting for installation, there was an solar panel shortage issue, I was offered an alternative, I accepted but that didn't happen due to installer sick (and I wasn't informed), then I requested back to the original order and assigned another installer, that again didn't happen, I waited 3 weeks and called, was told the assigned installer is on leave, finically was assigned to another installer and booked for the 4th Jan 2019 installation, the installer came had look and said the roof is too high (about 9m) couldn't do it and then left!

Prior Captain Green gave me the quote/order, I had sent the house photos, and raised the concern about the height, I was told by the sales guy that they have done hundreds of like mine, mine is nothing special.

After many phone calls, the Captain Green get back to me said this job requires special ladder and I need to pay $600 extra, I argued they should pay for the tools required not me, but they insist either I pay $600 or cancel the order.

I'm going to take them to VCAT.

Think again before you sign with this company!
Very friendly people came to install the system

Hi Gurmej

CGS Team
I phoned Captain Green and paid a deposit for a 6.6kw system and they put through an order for a 6kw system even when I had the advert and sent C.G a copy of the advert. The sales manager said he didn't know about the 6.6kw system. I'm not going to call him a liar but you know what I think. After that I had a lot of C.G staff contacting me to convince me the correct system was 6kw. RUBBISH. Now complaints with Solar Victoria, Consumer Affairs etc.

Dear Anthony,

Many thanks for your feedback.

We have at this stage proposed the following resolutions:

1) Install the 2 remaining panels at no cost to you
2) Offer a monetary discount of $225 if you choose not to install the 2 panels

We accept that an error had been made with relation to the number of panels offered, as a result we requested for confirmation via a copy of the ad in question.

Andrew had then approved it and further delegated the task to one of the account managers.

Unfortunately the account manager had missed the communication and not updated our systems accordingly, thus resulting in you getting 20 out of the 22 panels purchased.

Having installed around 10,000+ systems over our 9 year term we have never gone down the path your are accusing us of and at Captain Green we have no motive to abuse yourself or take advantage of the situation on hand.

Regardless, as you have now made the decision to involve external parties, we will honour this and wait for them to make contact with us.

The best point of contact ongoing would be myself, I can be reached on 0415 599 245 or via [email protected]

Please also accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Yaseen Iskander
General Manager
Hi Finn
Although i did not go with your two suggested I followed your advice and sourced Captain Green from your accredited supplier list using Jinko Panels and Zever Solar Inverter.

I relied heavily on your advice and am very happy with our decision.

Many thanks

Graham
Although you were unable to supply quotes in the time frame needed, I found that your website was extremely helpful in navigating the solar 'mine field', and helped me to find reputable suppliers based on your recommendations and customer reviews. Show additional information
Unable to determine quality of system at this stage as only had it installed in the last few days.
Workmen were very professional and pleasant and there appeared to be no problems during installation
Yet to be installed Show additional information
Tim, Ben and Johnno were so nice. Local guys to the peninsula. Stinking hot day but they just got on with the job and didn't complain. Lots of cold water and icy poles helped!
Even took away their rubbish. Wouldn't even know they were there! Thankyou heaps. Can't wait to reap the rewards!!
We had great customer service until we paid our deposit but have had terrible customer service in regards to getting our system installed. No reply to emails and not calling back. Still waiting for installation. Show additional information
We have paid a deposit of around 650$ we have sent all the photos and info to these people, all gear sent to our address ready for installation, the installer then notify us that we need to spend 3500$ to up grade our electricity metre, we need to up grade our structure (even though we were told all is ok) more of a cost! Hope we get our deposit back!! The worst experience ever!! Awaiting captain solars reply! Hoping they do the right thing!!!

Hi Jayne

Thank you for your review.

We had spoken to Phillip on the same day your installation was cancelled in relation to this matter and we were advised to wait until we received a full report from the installer before coming to an agreement with Phillip. We have searched for your refund request and no request for this has been made at this point.

Unfortunately, upon closer inspection a range of issues were present and our installer followed protocol to consult Captain Green prior to doing any further works. The issues involved included upgrade of your main switchboard to your houses main switch CB and your wire running to the shed is 2.5mm - this would need to be upgraded due to size and AS3000, as it needs to be 6mm. Extra works required involve re trenching of about 15m from house to shed for submains. Also, there were concerns of how many panels will fit on your shed - If you'd like the panels on your house roof, tilt frames would be required which would incur council fees and certificates to be obtained.

As agreed with Phillip, we are aiming to find the best possible solution for you and will get back to him after we consult the General Manager and see how we can assist.

Alternatively, if you wish for prompt refund, we are more than happy to action this. Please do send an email through and this will be done.

CGS Team
Not at this stage Show additional information
Paid my deposit shortly after the Victorian rebate became active (mid-September), and was quoted 4-6 weeks for installation. 3 times Captain Green called me trying to arrange to switch me to lower quality panels, I finally relented and still my installation has been pushed out to mid-January. Awful service. Definitely will recommend friends to avoid like the plague. Show additional information
I paid the deposit more than two months ago, but still waiting for installation now. The installation was booked on 29/11, just one day before it was cancelled by them, rang the office a few times, no solutions at moment. Show additional information
Pretty good all round. Installation was smooth, although the installers couldn't speak English so it was hard to communicate different issues and ideas.
They tried to sell me some other lesser known brand panels at the last minute, but in the end I got what I wanted.
So far so good
I got the system installed in one day except for the inverter. After contacting the company many times to request the inverter, both by phone and email, I haven't been able to get an answer and I'm still waiting for their reply. Their attitude is getting on my nerves.

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I have located your customer profile and reviewed the notes. We are in process of organising an installer to attend the site to complete the inverter install.

We apologise for the delay. Your Account Manager will be in touch with an update soon.

CGS Team
The system that I was quoted for changed twice by the time I actually got it which was annoying. On each occasion I then had to spend a considerable amount of time researching the hardware and deciding whether to go ahead. The last change was made about 5 days before the planned installation which I had arranged a day off work to be home for. I was unsure whether I was being conned/coerced into a lesser quality system or the problem was legitimate. As it turned out I am so far (4weeks) very happy with the system and the whole experience, so my concern was probably not warranted.
The sales people and administration at Captain Green seem to be very good and very thorough and there was no hard sell. Of the 3 companies you recommended, one did not return my call at all and one got back to me about a week later via text in very bad English.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. I have located your profile and ran through the notes. Unfortunately, there was a nation wide shortage on the panels you ordered, due to the 7 day public holiday in China. Therefore, we aimed to find the best possible solution to overcome this issue.

Thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
Captain Green staff are very helpful. The installers on the other hand need a big shake up. I waited the whole day for installation and no one turned up. I have now approached a local more reliable company.

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences you experienced. I have located your customer profile and looked into this matter further. Unfortunately, there were delays with the freight company in delivering the stock. Therefore, the installers were unable to complete the install on the specified date.

We do apologise once again and will look into a more efficient process for future reference.

Feel free to contact us on 02 8203 5440 to discuss any further queries.

CGS Team
Install was good but left without fixing a broken tile and poor clean up of tiles ie rubbish. When contacted, poor time response.

Hi Stewart

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 in relation to any further issues you may wish to discuss.

CGS Team
Would use again, have recommended to others

Hi Nathan

CGS Team
After reseaching and speaking with numerous companys to supply and install a solar panel system it became evident that most were shonks and that this industry is clearly open slather.

It was extremely hard to choose a company when all you read about is how shonky the installers are or the company didnt promise what they quoted.

As desperate as I was at the time, not being able to decide who to run with, I saw an advert on Facebook for Captain Green Solar and decided to call them to make the inquiry.

On first contact with them, I was speaking with a guy that I could understand and was in Sydney! That was a huge plus! He gave me confidence in the company to want to continue with progressing forward.
We discussed the system I required choosing the brand panels and inverter I wanted.
He gave me a price that I knew was competetive and i gave the deposit the next day.

The system was installed within 4 weeks of my initial order much to my surprise.
The installer was excellent and I could see by their workmanship that they took pride in their work. (I would recommend Tony the installer to others). They are an accredited installer and Tony was a licensed electrician.

Overall, I will recommend Captain Green Solar to others as I was very happy with the entire process.

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to hear of your experiences with Captain Green Solar.

CGS Team
Getting Captain Green to quote as recommended by a friend. The price was very competitive. We installed 6.6kW Jinko Eagle PERC Mono with Fronius Primo 5.0-1 INT Inverter. Originally they quoted a Zever Solar inverter but we want to have a better inverter, so paid the extra cost for Fronius and I think we made the right decision. The system has been installed for over 2 months now and it has been producing over 35kWh daily during mid Nov sunny days . As with most solar companies, they use subcontractors to do the job and this is where the potential problems lies. As they are paid per job, they tend to rush things and only interested in completing the job ASAP. I originally asked for the inverter to be installed in the basement where it's protected from the weather, but no that would be too difficult for them. They want to place it next to the meter box where that's the easiest thing to do for them. It's a double brick house where they could have put the wiring between the cavity but instead they ran this ugly conduits on the side of the house. While the service from the company was great in answering all the questions promptly, the same cannot be said with quality of the installer. We had requested to get the best installer, but at the end of the day it's just like a lottery, you get who's available on that day.

Hi Michael

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced on the day of installation.

We hope the rest of the process went well.

not fitted yet

Hi Steven

I have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

I confirm your install has been booked in for the 23rd of November 2018.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any queries you may have.

CGS Team
Have not had a good experience with Captain Green so far. No system installed to date. Deposit paid over 6 weeks ago. Little communication . Always promise to return phone calls but never do. Terrible company with horrible customer service . I wont be recommending them . If nothing is installed soon ill ask for my deposit back.

Hi

We have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

As per your conversation with your Account Manager, we note the install has been agreed to take place in January 2019.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused along the way.

Feel free to contact our office on 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
I paid deposit on the 1st of September and was told job will be completed no later then 6 weeks. 2 months later was still waiting for installation. Customer service was so poor that I was calling every day and leaving messages for their sales person to call me and he was ignoring me the whole time. When finally I got in contact and requested my money back he advised me he has been in hospital fighting for his life at one stage. Don't waste your time with this company or the salesman person.

Hi Bobby

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. Due to the required stock being depleted nation wide, we were unable to install in the 6 week time frame. Unfortunately this matter was out of our hands, as our suppliers were not able to deliver stock due to the 7 day public holiday in China and VIC rebate rush.

I have located your profile and confirm your sales person was in hospital and therefore you were not able to get through to them.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
3 month delay in providing extended warranty details.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

We do apologise for any inconveniences experienced. As explained by your consultant, Zever Solar is experiencing a minor backlog with sending out extended warranty cards. We have been following this matter up constantly with them to receive updates and have been advised to be patient while they work on this matter.

I can assure you that the extended warranty is visible on your invoice and can confirm that you are on the list of customers to receive the extended warranty.

I further note that we have given you the extended warranty at no additional cost.

Please feel free to contact Captain Green on 02 8203 5440 should you wish to discuss this matter further.

CGS Team
Paid my deposit of $450.00 on 10/9/18. Still waiting on installation. Only received 1 quote from you for this area.

Hi Janne

I have located your customer profile and note an install date has been agreed on.

There was a slight delay due to your location. We apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

CGS Team
While they had cheaper systems, went for better quality LG panels and Made in Austria Fronius Inverter. I was quite adamant that the components were to be sourced from Australian Distributors and not grey imports. Proof of this was provided. Your 3 providers also could match all of this but were more expensive. The installer was a local Newcastle company who subbies to captain green and also the others in your quote.
I was aware of the new Standards coming in in December and of the dumping of cheap panels stockpiled in Australia.