• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2009. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

installer was quick and nothing was a problem and very neat and tidy. any questions about system always returned my calls. Have recommended your company to others that are having problems with old system and panels.

Hi Ron

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

CGS Team
It was a pleasure to deal with this company from first contact, office ladies to installers. All very polite and helpful
Site was left clean with no rubbish left. Only took a couple of weeks from first phone call to job completed
Would recommend this company to install your solar system
John

Hello John

Thank you for sharing your story.

We are pleased to hear of your positive experience.

CGS Team
Thank you Captain Green Team for a Great System. Special Thanks to Peter Salesman for a Great Deal & also installers Tony and his team. I Will be Recommending you.????

Hi Matt

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear your positive feedback.

CGS Team
I am so happy that I deal with Captain Green. The product is great and it's produced 28kw on 3/8/2018, 24kw on 4/8/2018, 28.65kw on 5/8/2018.
My average use is 13.77kw a day. I am going to have a bill with credit or very little payments.
The team is so professional and polite. They clean up everything when they were done.
Thanks Captain Green.

Hi Andy

Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to hear of your pleasant experience and solar panel system results.

CGS Team
I would have to stay here and write for hours about the absolute complete disaster that Captain Green is putting me through.... incompetent and they use incompetent contractors to finish their work. Show additional information
Being installed this week. Happy with service to date. Great value for quality of product

Hi Elouise

CGS Team
I was referred to Captain Green from my inlaw who had used them before. I had quotes from other companies as well, and Captain Green came in a bit above. I told them what the other companies were offering and they were able to beat the deal with an equivalent system.

Their customer service was really good. I knew exactly the system I wanted, and Captain Green were happy to adjust my system quote based upon what things I wanted included, such as Tigo Optimisers and a better inverter.

Once the price was agreed upon, I was told 4-5 weeks, which considering some of the other quotes I had were 8-10 weeks for install, I was impressed by. To my surprise, I was given an installation date of just under 2 weeks from deposit.

The installers came right on time and did a fantastic job. Clean, quick efficient and talked me through how to work the inverter and setup the wifi. They gave me info on how to request a net meter from Origin. The install on our house, which is double storey on quite an awkward block in terms of access took less than a day. Very, very impressed by the installers, and impressed by Captain Green.

System is now doing its thing, generating a decent amount of energy considering we are in a partly shaded area and its winter. Looking forward to seeing it crank out the juice in spring/summer! Thumbs up Captain Green and its installers.

Hi David

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear of your pleasant transactions with CGS.

CGS Team
Upgraded to the Jinko 310M-Perc mono black panels as no 300w panels in stock. It is a 6.51 kw system with 21 solar panels. Installed a Goodwe GW5000D-NS inverter with a bonus 5 year plus 5 year warranty. Was told initially that installation would be 4 to 6 weeks after the deposit was paid, but it was a nice surprise, as it was done in under 2 weeks. The installers came up to the Hunter Valley from Sydney and had the job done in 4.5 hours and finished just before dark. They completed another job in Lake Macquarie that morning. The system was $4400 installed which was a fantastic price for tier 1 panels. The Administration staff stayed in touch through the whole process from start to after completion, making sure all paperwork was complete to forward to Energy Australia. Now just waiting for Energy Australia to come out and change over the smart meter to a 2 way smart meter. Captain Green is highly recommended.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to hear of your positive dealings with CGS.

CGS Team
The system has not been installed as yet, as there is an 8 week wait.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We have located your customer profile and note that you signed up with CGS on 29/06/2018.

We are aiming to get you installed next week and will be in touch to confirm a date. Your installation therefore will not wait 8 weeks, as we endeavor to get you installed within the specified 4-6 week time frame.

Thank you for choosing to go solar with Captain Green.

Please feel free to contact CGS on 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
Some communication lacking between departments within the company initially with regard to approval of our larger than average system. But their follow up when I queried was excellent, and installation occurred within a month from payment of the deposit. The installers were personable and efficient. So far the system is working well despite some cloudy days. Just waiting on our Electricity provider to actually turn up and install their meter.

Hi Kerry

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. We are happy to hear of your positive experiences with CGS.

Thank you for your support.

CGS Team
I did my research and picked the panels and the inverter I wanted and they were about to provide a price based on this. I think the actual installation went well for the most part. The personnel were easy to deal with and they explained what they were doing and how things worked. The only complaint I have is about a vent on the roof that was broken and they did not repair it or tell me about it. I think the service is quite good from sales through to installation, but there could be more information provided from head office about what to do after you install i.e. contacting you electricity supply for the change of the meter. There could possibly be forms or contact details provided for this.

Hi Ray

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise about any inconveniences you may have experienced. I confirm that we have made contact with you and have been advised the matter is settled.

We are pleased that you chose to go solar with Captain Green. Should you require any further assistance, feel free to call us on 02 8203 5440.

CGS Team
Be careful with extended warranty promised from captain green I have been chasing my extended warranty certificate from goodwe for nearly two months now.

Captaingreen always use excuses waiting for goodwe to provide detail. Im not sure captaingreen really purchase any extended warranty from goodwe that they promised.

Good luck if they promised you about extended warranty.

Hi Luu

Thank you for your review.

I have located your customer profile.

I can see that we have ordered your Goodwe extended warranty card and are currently waiting on the arrival of the cards. Unfortunately, we do not have any new update other than what we have advised you over the phone and via email recently.

We apologise for the wait, however are unable to speed up the process of receiving the extended warranty card. Rest assured, we will definitely deliver on our promise for the extended warranty card and have this sent to you as soon as we receive it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 8203 5440 should you require any further information.

CGS Team
From sales to installation a first class experience.

Hi Peter

CGS Team
The installers who were contracted by the supplier were fantastic. Eveyrthing was left neat and tidy and explained to us.

Hi John

Thank you for choosing to go solar with Captain Green.

We are extremely pleased to hear your positive feedback.

Loved dealing with Luke. He was helpful all the way. Thanks Luke

Hi Tom

CGS Team
Andrew Curling from Captain Green was very helpful. The installation went well, currently we are waiting on the installation of a net meter. We have 21 panels and at the moment are on average late june generating between 2000 - 4000 watts I am sure this will increase over the warmer months.

Hi Troy

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass on your kind words to Andrew.

Thank you for your support.

CGS Team
They were good Aussie trades men ,every thing done in a tradesmen type manner.

Hi Roger

CGS Team
The system is yet to be installed. I paid a deposit on 25/4/18 and was told 5-6 weeks maximum until install. When I called the contact I was told it would be done by mid-June, I haven't heard anything as yet.

Hi David

We apologise for the delay.

I have located your customer profile and found that the Account Manager has been in touch with you and provided an installation date.

We hope your installation next week goes well.

Feel free to contact us on 02 8203 5440 if you have any further queries.

Paid deposit in mid March - system not installed until 14 June

Hi Jim

We sincerely apologise for any delays caused during the installation process.

I have looked into your customer profile and have found that due to your location being 9 hours from Sydney, we were required to arrange a certain number of jobs around your area, in order for our installer to complete the job.

Apologies once again. We do hope your installation process went well.

CGS Team
I decided to go with Captain Green Solar.
Exc product, great service, credit where credit is due.

Hi Velimir

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear of your positive experience with CGS.

CGS Team
The installation team were great. Friendly, efficient, neat and tidy!!!!!
Customer service was excellent and nothing was to difficult for them and the staff actually did what they said they would do and also kept me informed.
Impressive.

Hi Joseph

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are happy to hear of your pleasant transaction with CGS.

CGS Team
Solar quotes should provide cheaper installer quotes. I think Captain Green overall are good. You should include them in your list.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.

CGS Team
Just that you appear to me to be a group of pushy salesmen

Hi Roy

Thank you for your feedback.

We sincerely apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

We have found your customer profile and noted that you secured one of our specials on the 18th of May. Unfortunately, our specials have deadlines, hence our solar consultant felt the need to follow up.

We hope that your installation went well yesterday.

CGS Team
Captain Green is a great company,everything went smoothly from the first phone call.Our installers were excellent.Very happy with the product.

Hi Lyn,

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy to hear about your pleasant dealings with Captain Green Solar.

CGS Team
Promised 4-6 week installation date, but it took about 8 weeks to get a day booked in, which was ok at the time, but then they cancelled two days prior and no prospect of a new day at that point. The next installation date was provided only when we firmly asked to give us one withing 7 days. In the end it took over four months to have the system installed. If it wasn't for the installers themselves (who were great and were not associated with the supplier in any way except to do the work) it may have been a complete debacle. We were also promised vouchers for referring other customers to them, which we have not received. During the wait they offered a free upgrade of solar panels to new customers, but nothing to us.

Hi Michael

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with your Solar System installation.

We have taken extensive measures to improve our process and systems to ensure such an error does not occur in the future.

In reference to your referral vouchers, we will be posting this out as soon as we receive the cards from the supplier.

Kindly contact our team on 1300 361 682 for any further questions.

Thanks

Hi Kate

Thank you for your ratings!

CGS Team
Taking a bit long to get system installed after paying deposit not being kept up to date on what is going on re install

Hi

Thank you for your review.

We have looked into the matter and spoken with the account manager.

We confirm the account manager made contact with you at the start of this month and advised the installation would take place in June. We also tried to contact you on the 18th of May 2018, however were unable to reach you.

The installation date and time has also been arranged. Details will be emailed soon.

We apologies for any inconveniences experienced and sincerely hope the rest of the process runs smoothly.

Feel free to contact us on 02 8203 5440 should you have any further queries.

CGS Team
Installation was prompt and completed within 1 day.

Hi Anton,

We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Captain Green Solar.

We thank you for your support.

Hi Anil

CGS Team
- Customer Service good if call over the phone, but by email may take days for a response.

- Pricing are reasonable when compare with others company.

- Installers are friendly and easy to understand.
Installers need to take extra care when walking on my colorbond roof I found some dented at the back of the garage roof. Apart from that happy with installation.

- Now I’m waiting for the distributor/retailer feed-in credit application form. Hopefully Captain green will submit my application form ASP.

Hi Luu

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your customer profile.

Please feel free to give us a call on 02 8203 5440 and speak to your Account Manager.

CGS Team
I wasn't expecting that many broken tiles,,, sales staff should pre-warn owners to have many spare tiles at begining of discussions.

Disappointed that Wi-fi was not configured at installation time and was not as easy as described in manuals, works well once configured.

Hi Tony

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused.

As much as our installers try to be careful with the tiles, it is sometimes unavoidable during installation. We do state on the terms and conditions for customers to have spare tiles to be on the safe side.

Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact the After Sales team on 02 8203 5440.

CGS Team
Captain Green was excellent to deal with through the whole process. I was kept informed with every step consultants Andrew and Colin most professional. Installation was when stated and they went out of the way to satisfy all my requests. Now waiting on nett meter and switch on!

Hi Graham

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to hear about your positive dealings with CGS.

CGS Team
It would have been better for communication with installers if they had been able to speak better english. I t was difficult to make myself understood when asking pertinent questions.

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the installation process.

If you have any queries about your system, please feel free to contact the After Sales team on 02 8203 5440.

CGS Team
Captain Green Solar have excellent communication and understanding. These real people have great deals and excellent products, most products are now made in china even though it is Germany setup/made, which all companies I asked for a solar quote told me about. They are quick, efficient and great job overall from the start at quotes to the end at installation.

Hi Sarah

Thank you for your kind words.

We are very pleased to hear about your experience with Captain Green Solar.

Firstly - Great Service - Fantastic trouble free installation
I waited to post my comments till I had my Bills
I went with Origin's Solar Plus BYO Solar option Feed in Tariff is 15c
With my 6.4Kw system and my 5kw inverter,
Bill 1 Jan $440 after feed in Rebate $45
Bill 2 Apr $391 after feed in Rebate $110
This is a return of in excess of 10% return in only 6mths
If electricity prices stay the same (which they won't) And the feed in tariff stays the same
Ill have my cash investment back in 5yrs or less
And Im doing my bit for the Environment
Ill keep you all updated with my winter bills

Hello Glenn

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to hear about your experience with going solar.

Hello Peter

CGS Team
Excellent team of installers who adjusted and customised the solar panel distribution on the roof for best possible performance of the system; going to the length to move whirlybird to other side and accommodate more panels on sunny side.

Hello Azhar

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to hear about your positive feedback.

Hi Glen