• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2009. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

We had great customer service until we paid our deposit but have had terrible customer service in regards to getting our system installed. No reply to emails and not calling back. Still waiting for installation. Show additional information
We have paid a deposit of around 650$ we have sent all the photos and info to these people, all gear sent to our address ready for installation, the installer then notify us that we need to spend 3500$ to up grade our electricity metre, we need to up grade our structure (even though we were told all is ok) more of a cost! Hope we get our deposit back!! The worst experience ever!! Awaiting captain solars reply! Hoping they do the right thing!!! Show additional information
Not at this stage Show additional information
Paid my deposit shortly after the Victorian rebate became active (mid-September), and was quoted 4-6 weeks for installation. 3 times Captain Green called me trying to arrange to switch me to lower quality panels, I finally relented and still my installation has been pushed out to mid-January. Awful service. Definitely will recommend friends to avoid like the plague. Show additional information
I paid the deposit more than two months ago, but still waiting for installation now. The installation was booked on 29/11, just one day before it was cancelled by them, rang the office a few times, no solutions at moment. Show additional information
Pretty good all round. Installation was smooth, although the installers couldn't speak English so it was hard to communicate different issues and ideas.
They tried to sell me some other lesser known brand panels at the last minute, but in the end I got what I wanted.
So far so good
I got the system installed in one day except for the inverter. After contacting the company many times to request the inverter, both by phone and email, I haven't been able to get an answer and I'm still waiting for their reply. Their attitude is getting on my nerves.

Thank you for your review.

I have located your customer profile and reviewed the notes. We are in process of organising an installer to attend the site to complete the inverter install.

We apologise for the delay. Your Account Manager will be in touch with an update soon.

CGS Team
The system that I was quoted for changed twice by the time I actually got it which was annoying. On each occasion I then had to spend a considerable amount of time researching the hardware and deciding whether to go ahead. The last change was made about 5 days before the planned installation which I had arranged a day off work to be home for. I was unsure whether I was being conned/coerced into a lesser quality system or the problem was legitimate. As it turned out I am so far (4weeks) very happy with the system and the whole experience, so my concern was probably not warranted.
The sales people and administration at Captain Green seem to be very good and very thorough and there was no hard sell. Of the 3 companies you recommended, one did not return my call at all and one got back to me about a week later via text in very bad English.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. I have located your profile and ran through the notes. Unfortunately, there was a nation wide shortage on the panels you ordered, due to the 7 day public holiday in China. Therefore, we aimed to find the best possible solution to overcome this issue.

Thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
Captain Green staff are very helpful. The installers on the other hand need a big shake up. I waited the whole day for installation and no one turned up. I have now approached a local more reliable company.

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences you experienced. I have located your customer profile and looked into this matter further. Unfortunately, there were delays with the freight company in delivering the stock. Therefore, the installers were unable to complete the install on the specified date.

We do apologise once again and will look into a more efficient process for future reference.

Feel free to contact us on 02 8203 5440 to discuss any further queries.

CGS Team
Install was good but left without fixing a broken tile and poor clean up of tiles ie rubbish. When contacted, poor time response.

Hi Stewart

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused during the installation.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 in relation to any further issues you may wish to discuss.

CGS Team
Would use again, have recommended to others

Hi Nathan

CGS Team
After reseaching and speaking with numerous companys to supply and install a solar panel system it became evident that most were shonks and that this industry is clearly open slather.

It was extremely hard to choose a company when all you read about is how shonky the installers are or the company didnt promise what they quoted.

As desperate as I was at the time, not being able to decide who to run with, I saw an advert on Facebook for Captain Green Solar and decided to call them to make the inquiry.

On first contact with them, I was speaking with a guy that I could understand and was in Sydney! That was a huge plus! He gave me confidence in the company to want to continue with progressing forward.
We discussed the system I required choosing the brand panels and inverter I wanted.
He gave me a price that I knew was competetive and i gave the deposit the next day.

The system was installed within 4 weeks of my initial order much to my surprise.
The installer was excellent and I could see by their workmanship that they took pride in their work. (I would recommend Tony the installer to others). They are an accredited installer and Tony was a licensed electrician.

Overall, I will recommend Captain Green Solar to others as I was very happy with the entire process.

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to hear of your experiences with Captain Green Solar.

CGS Team
Getting Captain Green to quote as recommended by a friend. The price was very competitive. We installed 6.6kW Jinko Eagle PERC Mono with Fronius Primo 5.0-1 INT Inverter. Originally they quoted a Zever Solar inverter but we want to have a better inverter, so paid the extra cost for Fronius and I think we made the right decision. The system has been installed for over 2 months now and it has been producing over 35kWh daily during mid Nov sunny days . As with most solar companies, they use subcontractors to do the job and this is where the potential problems lies. As they are paid per job, they tend to rush things and only interested in completing the job ASAP. I originally asked for the inverter to be installed in the basement where it's protected from the weather, but no that would be too difficult for them. They want to place it next to the meter box where that's the easiest thing to do for them. It's a double brick house where they could have put the wiring between the cavity but instead they ran this ugly conduits on the side of the house. While the service from the company was great in answering all the questions promptly, the same cannot be said with quality of the installer. We had requested to get the best installer, but at the end of the day it's just like a lottery, you get who's available on that day.

Hi Michael

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced on the day of installation.

We hope the rest of the process went well.

not fitted yet

Hi Steven

I have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

I confirm your install has been booked in for the 23rd of November 2018.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any queries you may have.

CGS Team
Have not had a good experience with Captain Green so far. No system installed to date. Deposit paid over 6 weeks ago. Little communication . Always promise to return phone calls but never do. Terrible company with horrible customer service . I wont be recommending them . If nothing is installed soon ill ask for my deposit back.

Hi

We have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

As per your conversation with your Account Manager, we note the install has been agreed to take place in January 2019.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused along the way.

Feel free to contact our office on 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
I paid deposit on the 1st of September and was told job will be completed no later then 6 weeks. 2 months later was still waiting for installation. Customer service was so poor that I was calling every day and leaving messages for their sales person to call me and he was ignoring me the whole time. When finally I got in contact and requested my money back he advised me he has been in hospital fighting for his life at one stage. Don't waste your time with this company or the salesman person.

Hi Bobby

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced. Due to the required stock being depleted nation wide, we were unable to install in the 6 week time frame. Unfortunately this matter was out of our hands, as our suppliers were not able to deliver stock due to the 7 day public holiday in China and VIC rebate rush.

I have located your profile and confirm your sales person was in hospital and therefore you were not able to get through to them.

Please feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
3 month delay in providing extended warranty details.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We have located your customer profile and referred to the notes.

We do apologise for any inconveniences experienced. As explained by your consultant, Zever Solar is experiencing a minor backlog with sending out extended warranty cards. We have been following this matter up constantly with them to receive updates and have been advised to be patient while they work on this matter.

I can assure you that the extended warranty is visible on your invoice and can confirm that you are on the list of customers to receive the extended warranty.

I further note that we have given you the extended warranty at no additional cost.

Please feel free to contact Captain Green on 02 8203 5440 should you wish to discuss this matter further.

CGS Team
Paid my deposit of $450.00 on 10/9/18. Still waiting on installation. Only received 1 quote from you for this area.

Hi Janne

I have located your customer profile and note an install date has been agreed on.

There was a slight delay due to your location. We apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

CGS Team
While they had cheaper systems, went for better quality LG panels and Made in Austria Fronius Inverter. I was quite adamant that the components were to be sourced from Australian Distributors and not grey imports. Proof of this was provided. Your 3 providers also could match all of this but were more expensive. The installer was a local Newcastle company who subbies to captain green and also the others in your quote.
I was aware of the new Standards coming in in December and of the dumping of cheap panels stockpiled in Australia.
Going with Captain Green has been an easy way to go solar, there has been some small communication problems nothing major. installers were on time and did their jobs well. overall very happy to go with Captain Green. I would recommend they to my mum and everyone else. they might not be able to move mountains but they will find the path for you to cross.

Hi Philip

CGS Team
I did a lot of research into solar, and a lot of that was done on this website.

Pricing varied a lot, even when comparing similar or the same products.

I decided I wanted a decent inverter with a brand name panel, not just tier 1.

Captain green solar had a good deal on and seemed to have very good feedback so I contacted them and dealt with Saad, he was really easy to deal with and sold me the system I wanted at a great price. So much so I ended up doing 4 systems for my business and family members as well.

The process went very quick and I was very surprised, Luke who handled the install did a great job!

Very happy and couldn't recommend them high enough. So much so I have multiple friends now look to do solar with Captain Green!

Hi Jake

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that the entire process went smoothly.

CGS Team
Very little contact once deposit taken. Not sure if their technical support is up to scratch as unable to answer my questions on voltage rise considerations & export limiting if this was an issue on my installation. Still not installed after 6 weeks.

Hi Richard

We apologise for any inconveniences experienced.

I have located your customer profile and had a look. We are unable to install you until the cost of export limiting works are agreed upon. We understand that you have been in discussions with our National Installations Manager and are working towards a resolution.

Please feel free to contact the National Installations Manager on 02 8203 5440, with any further queries.

CGS Team
Meter not installed yet so system not commissioned, but expect this to be done in the next week, not expecting any issues Show additional information
They were good price and quick with service.

CGS Team
I was a little disappointed the installers ran the dc cables in the roof space without actually going into the roof space. To me it would have been better to have one installers get into the roof space, and run the conduits and cables, minimising the holes in the roof sarking. Show additional information
Origin energy customer service abysmal. I submitted my application on their form in consultation with the electrical contractor . I omitted one small detail so Origin did not accept but did not tell me they had not accepted it. After 7 weeks I contacted them to enquire about my smart meter and was told the application was not valid.it was corrected in a few seconds over the phone and job number assigned but then told it was at the end of the queue and would be up to another 7 weeks before the meter would be installed making it 3 months between installation and when I can turn it on. Origin confirmed they would not let me turn it on until they authorised it.

Hi Ross

Thanks for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with Origin Energy. Unfortunately, the metering process is done privately now and we are not able to assist with speeding up the process.

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team

All the people i dealt with were fantastic, installers were professional, pleasant and cleaned up after themselves, reviews on your sight for captain green are good, so that is I went with them besides there good price.

Hi Tony

CGS Team
We had our system installed at the end of August and although I sent the required documentation to my electricity supplier we are still waiting for them to install our new meter so we can actually use the solar panels. When I inquired the first time about 2 weeks ago they said the installer would contact me when they were coming to install probably 15-20 days. Yesterday 27th August when I rang again they told me that they had only contacted the installer on 17th and to expect installation 20 working days from them so not very happy with this outcome. That means that it will probably not be until 12th October.

Hi Gail

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we were not able to intervene in speeding up the process with metering, as it is handled by the Energy Retailer. We do hope that the rest of the process went well.

Thank you for going Solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
Installed day late due to rain....but not advised . Three nice foriegn gentlemen ...some communication problem but otherwise OK
Only installed today so to early to comment on customer service

Hi Bob

Thank you for your review.

Apologies for any miscommunications experienced.

We thank you for choosing to go Solar with Captain Green.

CGS Team
Spoke to Saad, who was very helpfull as well as knowledgeable- he explained everything perfectly. Bought the inverter with a 10 year warranty,so obviously it IS top quality, so I have to rate it 5 stars, along with everything else. I did check prices with several other companies in Tasmania, who all claimed to be the best-{to justify them being up to $3000 dearer for the 6.6kw system} as well as exaggerating the solar gain. So happy with the installation, I have ordered another system for our other house from Saad. Remember, It is worth researching solar systems & the star performance of the inverters & pv panels, AS WELL as the companies performance, BEFORE you buy! Keep up the good work Captain!

Hi Paul

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are extremely pleased to hear about your positive dealings with CGS.

Thank you for your support.

CGS Team
I purchased a solar system that won’t be installed until March 2019 when we build our home. The quote has been locked in for 12 months. Great service and guaranteed best price, even if increases occur they are not passed onto me.

Hi Rob

Thank you for choosing Captain Green to go solar with.