Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green Solar is one of Australia's leading Solar Company's installing solar power systems for both residential and commercial customers. We take pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices. Our vision is to make going solar easy and affordable to all Australians and we guarantee to beat any advertised price by 10%.

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Easy process from discussing my needs, getting a quote/price, 10% deposit and a satisfactory installation time. The installers were professional and knowledgeable and efficient.
The payment to settle account was easy and their backup documentation regarding receipts, warrranty infomation was forthcoming promptly.
Overall very satisfied.
Although early days yet- (still waiting on Meter install) the installation by Captain Green crew was faultless; efficient; quick (<4 hrs 24 panels); the crew were courteous, well mannered, and obviously skilled. we were left with an understanding of operation etc and NO broken roof tiles and a NEAT install.
When considering which system and company to go with I was a little concerned that the install would be conducted by less than skilled trades people (rumours from some) -so I was pleasantly surprised when the crew arrived and proceeded to work. the site was left free of debris and clean. AAAAA service.
Hopefully the equipment will do all it states and that no Warranty work will be needed.
NB when you get your solar quote make sure that your meter, smart meter and all accessories are included - or you will be buying on equipment price and install ONLY! ie a good quality 5KW system should cost around $6,000 all up!
Very happy camper to date!
no Show additional information
The whole process was handled very well by everyone I spoke to. On the day of the installation the fellows arrived on time. It was a really good group of fellows and in no time the panels were on the roof. The inverter was explained to me and off they went. No mess, no fuss just good old fashioned service that is oft times hard to find these days. Thank you all. Show additional information
The sales team did not try to sell me a system which was too expensive but a good system which was very reasonable and explained all the options available . From the time I accepted the quote, completed the paperwork and paid the initial 10% deposit the system was installed within two weeks. The first guy came at 8.15 am and the other two guys
came a bit later . Because of the dew in the morning the roof tiles were wet and slippery and the team leader went on the 2nd storey roof and did the measure up .
The whole job was completed between 1.30pm /2.00pm .
I have no hesitation in recommending Captain Green Solar to anyone who require their services .

Brian
As the roof profile was unusual, I visited the Captain Green Solar office and warehouse to get a better understanding of the issue for the supplier in fitting tilting panels to the roof. I was very impressed by their attention to the standards to be met by the fixing system they proposed using, and also by the quality of the fixing brackets and supporting legs and frame materials. Altogether very good quality - both the product and the installer's approach. Show additional information
Took 6 months, from deposit till instalation. Show additional information
Great customer service and installation were great, I didn't expect the system to be installed so quick and smooth. I would recommend Captain Green to all my friends!! Show additional information
From Start to finish, Captain Green were professional and had a good knowledge of the industry.
Tony the salesman was very easy to talk to and understood the issues I had.
Installers were amazing. Carried out work in around 5 hours, tested the unit twice to ensure working correctly and even set up the wireless system.
Very neat a clean job, would recommend Captain Green and installer in Perth
Very professional service and delivery. Installation was done ahead of expected time by two very good operatives. Show additional information
Installation was difficult when we had such wet weather however we worked together to come up with an acceptable solution
This was important as it was for a holiday house and I had to arrange to be there to accommodate access.
The Solar panel installers arrived early and installed the panels and connected the Solar to the fuse box, switched on the electricity, completed the paperwork all in 4 hours.
The installers were friendly and efficient. A very good service/job. Very happy
An integral part of the process is the installation and supply of a net meter and the relative tariffs. This research I had to do myself and most would find it difficult. Perhaps this is a second niche for you. Show additional information
I am writing to express my extreme satisfaction with the installation, installation team was professional and they did a top notch work I must say. I would like to extend my special thanks to Belal & other co-workers for taking ownership and delivering top quality work. Show additional information
Friendly non- pushy staff , easy to deal with. Was not pressured on upsells etc , which I hate when looking at buying goods or services. They were able to answer questions I had honestly without sounding like they were reading from a script. Would recommend this company to anyone looking at solar in particular to people that may not know a lot about solar technology
The system is performing better than I thought and that is including on the wettest day we have had in Perth during Summer. The installers who came out were friendly and did a great job on the install.
This is the 2nd system Captain Green has installed.
From sales to installation they were very professional.
Brendan installed the system and did a great job.
I would recommend Captain Green to anyone considering a new solar system.
Your website gave a convenient way to get three quotes from companies that had presumably been screened in some way. It is a pity that two took more than a week to respond, though I fully understand that December was a hectic time for them.

Now I have to chase up Captain Green - they said they'd install late January but I haven't heard from them. I'm not in a rush but a quick update email would have been nice.

Thanks for reminding me to do your survey. I'm glad I finally found the time.
Gillian
From calling up and talking to Con, he gave me the best advice, explained the system and how many panels could fit on the roof. He also gave advice on different power companies. Really first class.

The manager and staff were also very helpful.

Installation was delayed, but the excellent service on installation of the panels and inverter. Very friendly and neat - all looks fantastic. Just waiting for the power company to install the free Smart Meter to see how it all works.

Highly recommend Captain Green
We had a few teething problems with the system not reporting to the website, but have been producing sufficient energy to power the air con plus a dryer and a large household since late September. I spoke with Ahmed and he advised me on the microinverters. This was a great solution for our system and to get the most out of our system. The installers were here when we were presiding, they installed without a problem and were diligent in finding a solution when we were not getting individual read outs. Show additional information
After getting quotes from a number of companies, we went with Captain Green Solar because they've been around a while, had good reviews on this site (and others) and gave us a very good price on a very good system (20x260w Trina Honey Panels with a Fronius Symo inverter). Staff were also very helpful and very quick to respond to queries, even after we bought the system. Installers of the system and metering were also very professional and courteous although we did have to email the company since it was 2 weeks past installation and we got no word yet on the metering. No doubt this had to do with the weather (it had been raining a while) and since it was the end of the year, but a call or email to update us would have been ideal.

Nevertheless, a week later it was installed and so far so good.

I have scoured the internet looking for quotes, talked, emailed and chatted with a lot of companies. Some were pushing for more expensive systems and outrageous prices and would justify it by saying other companies with cheaper systems were just shoddy and shouldn't be trusted. However, there were a few companies that were honest, had pleasant salespeople and had good systems with good prices. I believe Captain Green Solar were the best of these companies.

I highly recommend them.
Captain Green matched the price of our best quote, and threw in an extra 2 panels, so they got the job.! It was only installed this week (14/11/16).
JA Panels (22 ), and Fronius 5 kw inverter for $4100. The installers were from Safeguard Electrical, in Perth, and they 'appear' to have done a good job ! ( what would we know ? ! ). We used your site to 'check out' which panels and inverters were Ok, and took your advice. Thank you very much, it is a great site for Old Fart novices, like us.....
From day one, Captain Green engineer/salesperson, Ali Kaiser was so helpful in putting together our quote for a 15 kW 3 phase solar installation,. He arranged all paper work so promptly, and was able to get best price and also cheapest lease terms. The price was $5,500 less than the next quote.

The installers Hardy Electrical and Solar from Kingscliffe NSW were very efficient and did an excellent complete installation in a very short time.
Interesting is that Essential energy would allow us to only feed 9 kW back into the grid when not in use. e.g. Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Hi there, installer put a hole right through my dinning room an did not want to know anything about it.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback.
Our installations team had taken responsibility for the damage caused and had agreed to get it fixed via third party. We were then notified that the damage had been repaired and the agreed compensation value transferred to your nominated account, albeit delayed.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any issues with relation to your Solar system please contact our Aftersales team on 1300 361 682.

Thanks
We got our system in September 2014 and have been very pleased with its performance.
We had a few issues after installation with roof leaks which were resolved in an exemplary manner. The former company we dealt with for another system failed to follow through with any support but Captain Green solar resolved the issues related to that installation as well. The former system was four times as expensive as the better performing unit from Captain Green Solar.
The integrity and commitment of the team at captain green has convinced us to get our storage battery from them to give us greater security of supply.
I have recommended them to many people. It is not often in this day and age you get that sort of post-installation service.
Chris at Coogee
Excellent quality components at a fantastic price.

We went for 20 x 250watt Trina Panels and a 5.0kW SMA sunny boy inverter, including Ethernet connected online monitoring. Price was $5590.00 which included all parts and labour, including data wiring for monitoring, a new nett fit meter, and connection to the grid.

Installation was timely and professional, and also included removing old defunct solar hot water panels, and relocating 2 whirlybirds to ensure best location of the new solar panels.

Coupled with an efergy energy monitoring service, we can now accurately view our daily output, consumption, import, etc to determine exact daily costs. This has shown our monthly power spend has now dropped from $150/$180 per month to less than $40 per month. Overall, we are delighted with the end result.

Our systems data can be seen via the PVOutputPro.org website.
Very happy with everything starting with the service at Captain Green to the installation by west state electrics the two men were so professional and worked right through bad weather that we had everything was right on time Show additional information
I would highly recommend Captain Green to anyone looking at going solar. They use top quality products and are very friendly and helpful. Show additional information
We haven't had the system installed yet so I can provide further comment after that. However, what I would like to say is that selecting the components of the system was made so much easier due to the research and information I found on the Solarquotes website. We were able to decide with some certainty about the inverter, the panels and the company to install them because they were all listed - with enough information and review to suggest we are getting what we want. Thankyou to Finn and the Solarquotes website for the help. Its such a big field of information - to be able to find it all in one place - along with basic advise on what to look out for was so great. I actually happened across the website by accident but will definitely be suggesting it to anyone who wants advise of this kind in the future. Show additional information
Excellent product, spend the extra and get peace of mind. Show additional information
Found Captain Green Solar through solar quotes and got an additional quote. Got a good price for a good quality system. Installers were very good. Show additional information
All communication was courteous and appropriate and staff talked with efficient and knowledgable. Show additional information
I had a few minor issues along the way with the quoting but this was mostly to do with a new person in their company who made a few elementary mistakes in the negotiation phase. My written 'paper' quote initially differed from the quote I had been told over the phone. The difference was about $300. However, upon my objection, Captain Green immediately honoured the quote amount I had been told over the phone. I could ask for no more than this. The installation went smoothly except for an accidentally broken glass front to one solar panel in the last few minutes of installation. This happened while taking down a redundant FoxTel dish. They had volunteered to move my TV aerial and take down the TV dish, things I had not expected them to take responsibility for. The installation company came back 2 days later and fixed the problem panel with no charge to me. The installation team checked my tiled roof after finishing the job and replaced 3 cracked tiles. They did a great job overall. Again, I regard this as very good service. My system is now working perfectly. I have no hesitation in recommending Captain Green for anybody about to buy a solar panel system. Show additional information
After assessing several quotes from Solar Quotes I ended up choosing Captain Green Solar with whom I worked with Ali. He assisted me with my inquiries to build a 5kw system that represented good value for money. He was very responsive to my calls and emails. Once the contract was signed the system was installed two weeks later. The installation was quick, professional and the tradesmen were very knowledgeable. I even monitoring the system online the same day! Overall very happy customer.
- Zever Solar Evershine TL5000 Inverter
- Solar Juice Opal 255W (Silver) Solar Panel
- Online monitoring
From the quote process to the guys that came to do the install, excellent. Haven't received our first bill yet so that will be the interesting whether the system really has made a small or large difference Show additional information
Initially I chose Captain Green with some concerns because I live in WA and Captain Green is based in Sydney. I went for a special deal that they had on offer because I wanted a 5kW system (battery ready) with a German made inverter. I also wanted a Clean Energy Council approved supplier and a CEC approved installer. Captain Green and the WestState installers were CEC approved and both organisations proved to be very professional and easy to deal with. There were some minor concerns on my part here and there, as would normally happen in an operation such as this, but in all instances, by talking with the friendly Captain Green staff, things were sorted and handled brilliantly. I had dealings with Ahmed and Ash during the supply and installation process and they were both knowledgeable, patient and helpful. I have no hesitation in recommending Captan Green as a solar system provider, even if you are on the other side of the country. Show additional information
A big thank you to the team at Captain Green, Vish, Ahmed and Ashley made the decision so easy to decide to go ahead. I was very confused trying to sort out information from other companies until I was told about Captain Green. The staff were very helpful and the products are first class. After I decided to continue the panels and inverter were installed in under two weeks and I was even upgraded to the new Opal Solar 255w panel at no extra cost. It was only 24 hours after installation that I was connected to the grid and I am now producing electricity. From reviews I have read the SMA inverter and Opal Panels are top quality and the service first class from both office staff and installers . I would not hesitate to recommend Captain Green Show additional information
First scheduled installation was cancelled due to bad weather. Unfortunately the reschedule was another 2 weeks away which was also cancelled due to crew not available. Bumped again another week and a bit of confusion as to what day it was going to be done then finally settled on a day. On the day the installers appeared to do a good job but Capt Green were unaware the installer was also a level 2 electrician who could have installed the meter at the same time. Fortunately another level 2 electrician was available the next day and all went well.

Overall I am happy with all but the scheduling of the installation. The system an SMA sunnyBoy 5000 TL seems to work well. Time will tell.
Be more meticulous with the quote and the service being offered ;
I am facing some problems and delays with the meter reading and return of meter
and correct billing with the energy provider 4 weeks after completion,
Not resolved yet.
thanks
Friendly, knowledgeable installers who modified the roof installation of the panels due to shadow from the TV antenna. Saved over $250 on my first bill, heavier consumption & system only installed for two thirds of the billing period. Show additional information
I previously purchased a system from this company and they gave me an excellent deal, being a return customer. Show additional information