Captain Green Reviews

About Captain Green, Solar Installers

Captain Green
Gold Partner
Captain Green is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Captain Green Solar; one of the longest serving solar companies in Australia, was born a decade ago in 2010. The name, Captain Green, was chosen to reflect the notion of a 'Leader' or 'Captain' in the field of energy efficiency with the ability to assist residential and commercial customers in the many aspects of being green, saving money and the environment. Later on, the company expanded fast with a strong focus on renewable energy products, particularly solar power.

We knew that the solar market was evolving, and we wanted to build a solution that was a game changer for our customers. We wanted to see what would happen if we combined all of our experience, along with top notch skills, and cutting edge technology to form a company that is focused on 'making high quality solar affordable' to all Australians.

Over the past 10 years we have grown to be one of the top solar retailers in Australia. We have taken lessons from the hundreds of solar companies that are no longer in business and learnt from their mistakes. For this reason we stand by our company, our products, and our commitment to success. We take enormous pride in delivering top of the line solar products at unbeatable prices!

Captain Green Solar Reviews

Very good experience with Captain Green Solar. Starting with Tony at sales who was very prompt in replying to all my questions, provided a quick site survey and without any selling pressure. This was followed up with the installers from Blue Sky Electrical which did a very good job. I'm a rather technical person and was impressed with their work, although not all of them spoke English. Finally, Divya and Nabilla ensured that all the papers were in order and meter connection arranged. All these completed within a fortnight of my first call. I found Captain Green Solar very competitive with their quotes but not the cheapest cut price operator. Overall happy with my decision to pay slightly more in exchange for a good experience.

Hi Patrick

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your support.

If you have any referrals, please feel free to send them via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

CGS Team
I talked to Aaron on the phone [he was easy to understand - I'm hard of hearing]. He emailed the quote, I was happy with it and had it fitted on the day they said. [12/06/19] I had the meter change and connection on the 03/07/19 and have had mostly cloudy/misty rain days since. [typical winter here] I am happy the way it has operated since it has been connected.
Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your support.

Excellent Customer Service

I was impressed by the speed at which the quoting process and sales administration were handled allowing for the work to be completed within a week. Installation was conducted in a punctual and professional manner, team answered my many questions in a friendly polite manner and were respectful of my property leaving it in a very tidy state. I was extremely satisfied with overall support by the Captain Green staff including with the advice regarding connection to the grid.

Hi Louisa

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green.

We appreciate your support. Please note, any referrals you have can be added via this link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/ . Once they are installed, you will be eligible for a $100 gift voucher.

Well organised

Everything went smoothly, installed on the agreed date, system working well.

Hi Donald

We are pleased to hear your positive feedback.

Please do keep our referral program in mind - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Very happy with Captain Green

Very happy with Captain Green Solar. Jay and his offsider Josh installed my solar system last week. The guys went out of their way to make sure the installation was exactly as I wanted and none of it was a hassle. Jay suggested options which would increase the life of the inverter which was great. The guys worked hard for the whole day installing the system which was appreciated. Would recommend to friends and family.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for taking the time to complete this review.

We appreciate your support.

Please feel free to send through any of your family and friends details via the following link - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

CGS Team
Captain Green was also recommended by you. I found them to be courteous, responsive and willing to negotiate. I felt
the first two suppliers were a bit pushy and not as responsive.

Hello

Thank you for your kind words.

We appreciate the time taken to leave this review.

Fantastic team from Installer, Admin, planning etc

Captain Green was recommended to me and I am so happy with the work Dominic, Gerald and the team, Cam the inspector and everyone else I have spoken to.

Good price and really great customer service, easy payment after the job (so they know they are good).

I have now recommended them to others.

Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback!

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Captain Green.

Really professional service throughout

All really professional and very quick. They kept me informed through each stage of the process and time from placing order to installation was less than a week.

Hi Tim

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your support.

Professional installer.

Quick, efficient and accurate quote for my needs. The installation date took a fair amount of time to happen but I was in a country area. Once a date was given the installer was punctual, and completed the installation in a clean,professional and thorough manner. The solar system was up and running before the installer left and he cleaned up after. The after sales service was excellent with the company filling out all the required paperwork etc and lodging the request, to have the system hooked to the grid.

Hi Garry

Thank you for going solar with Captain Green

Please feel free to take part in our referral program - http://www.captaingreen.com.au/refer-a-friend/

Good company to deal !!!

Good company to deal !!! Quick service and installation !!! Good product.

Hi Stanislav

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your support!

CGS Team
The installation team did a great job. I needed support with configuring my inverter for monitoring. Support was not good.

Hi Juha

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for the after sales support. Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to get back to your email immediately. If the matter is urgent, please feel free to contact our After Sales Team on 1300 361 682 via option 2.

CGS Team

Fantastic people to deal with fantastic installation

From start to end the team at Captain Green were fantastic. Malalay was so helpful and so easy to deal with nothing was a problem for her she had arranged Heath and his team to carry out install which was also perfect with no issues whatsoever. I can’t speak highly enough of Captain Green Solar!!! I even compared other systems installed by other companies within a few KM radius of our home and our system performed the best by far.

Thanks again Captain Green job well done!
Overall - Very Poor Experience.
I started a transaction with Captain Green, however cancelled the transaction due to a very poor experience. Please do your research and select carefully. Based on my experience, I would not recommend to my friends or family.
The main reasons that I felt that I had a poor experience was due to the below:
(1) One week notice to have spare tiles - 1 week before the installation was to occur, I was given a reminder of the installation date, and to also ensure that I have spare roof tiles ready incase they break any. This was the first time I was told my anyone from Captain Green that I needed to have spare tiles, in which I had to take time off work to scramble around to find tiles in time for the install, otherwise we'd need to reschedule.
(2) Captain Green cancelled 1 day before the install date - I had my install day scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance. Then 1 day before the install day, I received a call from Captain Green to advise that the installer has rejected the solar panel roof design that was submitted and also advised that it may take 2 days for the install and therefore the install on the following day is to be cancelled. Note that Captain Green subcontracts their solar installation. Captain Green obviously did not want to pay any extra to cover the installation costs and wanted to look for other installers that can do it cheaper. This tells me that they have a poor process when selecting an installer and submitting their roof design, but also that there may be some incompetency in the way they design and provide quotes for customers.
(3) Captain Green cancelled again 1 business day before the install - After the first cancellation, Captain Green advised that there was only 1 installer that was willing to do the install within the provided costs/quote. I had my concerns here around the installation being sub-par as the installer is trying to do an install to meet a very low cost, however with some doubts I agreed to a new installation date which was 3 weeks away from the first install date. The new Install date was on a Monday, and on the Thursday (2 business day before the install date) I received a call to advise that the Inverter that I wanted is out of stock and that I would have to wait for over 2 months before new stock arrives. They tried to sell me another Inverter, but based on my experience to date, it was easy for me to say "Just cancel this transaction".
(4) More Incompetencies - less than 24hrs after the last call and after the the transaction with Captain Green was cancelled, I received another call from them to say, "We've found some stock of the Inverter you wanted, I can book you in for the end of next week". Firstly the transaction's already cancelled, and secondly the install date was meant to the on the Monday which I had to pre-arrange..

Anyway, this was my experience and to me, it wasn't a great one. I've since had my Panels installed by a different installer and they completed the installation within half a day.
The system is not currently working as it should. After discussions I have contacted the local energy supplier about the matter and they tested electricity supply to my house. It appears there may be too much electricity coming to the house and they will reduce it within 30 days of testing. Once this is reduced, perhaps the system will operate correctly. Currently it works then stops for long periods before kicking in again. I am not happy yet and will consider the outlay to be worthwhile once the system is working correctly. At this stage I do not know if the fault is with the electricity supplier or a faulty system installed. Time will tell. Show additional information
The invertor installed, Growatt, was not one your site recommends, but it does come with 10 years warranty too.

But the first installation, there was a missing part. So I had to wait 2 weeks, with a few calls to chase up, to eventually get a new, but same model, installed.

And even so, the technician failed to call to let me know he was coming. And managed to leave with part of the house without power! After calling up the company, the technician came back to rectify the problem an hour later.

But I found out the next day that he had also forgotten to install the wifi module, do no analytics. Captain Green Solar will send out the technician again to install the module.
I am one pleased customer!

Highly recommend Captain Green and will be referring them to our friends and family!

I came across Captain Green from Solar Quotes and thought I would give them a shot.

System: 35 x 300w Jinkos, 10kw Fronius Inverter + Fronious Smart Meter
Location: Kellyville, NSW

I had rung a few other companies however people were just taking my number down and would not call back (I did get through to a few other companies but after reading their reviews I wasn't going to use them just got quotes).

I rang Captain Green late afternoon and got connected through to Aaron (do your self a favour and speak to Aaron). He was not pushy at all, did not get frustrated when I kept asking a million questions and did not mind running through different options when I wanted to try and fit some panels on our north facing roof. He is very knowledgeable and explained things in detail for me. I spoke to him on the 3/4/19 and the next day after not hearing back from any of the other highly rated companies - I rang him back negotiated a better price and we did a deal and I paid my deposit.

After leaving my deposit the other 4-5 companies had submitted their quotes and they were all well over the price I had negotiated with Captain Green!

Whilst waiting for authority approval to install I went back and forth with Aaron thinking I had made the wrong decision to go East - West Split. I called him once daily with my concerns but he talked me through it - Worked out what the difference would be and the benefits of either scenario. He even talked me out off adding another system for the northern roof (who tells you to not spend more money). I'm glad he did though as I don't think we will need a system larger than what we have now. His advice was to go with what we had ordered - Run through a few bill cycles and review after that. That's what you want to hear from your sales consultant - Rather than the usual upsell!!

From then I was in contact with Dipti who was handling my install - She was understanding (and very helpful) and worked around what dates suited us best.

Our system was installed yesterday by Tony (recommended by Aaron) and his team - I cannot speak of them highly enough. They were prompt, very very very polite and efficient. Workman ship quality is perfect! We have a double story house and all cables are hidden - there are no exposed conduits whatsoever. The inverter install is also very neat. They started arrived around 8am and started around 8.30am and were here till after 6pm. Our install was a big job given we had 35 panels and on top of that we had requested the Fronius smart meter which involved alot of extra wiring (most of the work was in the wiring). Everything was left neat and tidy all rubbish was removed.

Due to the sun setting Tony was unable to test the system and came back today (Good Friday) and spent an hour with me setting up the inverter and setting up the wifi monitoring on my phone. I was amazed he offered to come back today when he could have said today was a public holiday (which I would have understood).

I am truly amazed with the service we have received from Captain Green Solar through out the whole process from Sales through to Install.

Hi Ken

We appreciate the time and effort taken to complete this review and are very pleased to hear of your positive experience.

CGS Team
The installers did a good job but finished in the dark and left a section of panel rail overhanging the end barge board, as we are in the country the chances of them coming back to rectify their mistake is nil even though we have reported it to the company.

Hi Peter

Thank you for your review.

I have spoken to the NSW State Manager, who advised that the installers will be back to rectify this. We are aiming to have this resolved by end of this week most likely.

We appreciate your patience.

CGS Team
From my initial enquiries to competition was perfect

Hi Tim

Thanks for your review!

Please do keep in mind our referral program for any friends or family who are interested in solar. Each sign up awards you with a $100 gift card voucher, once they are installed.

CGS Team
I have mixed feelings about my experience with Captain Solar Green.
The installation process was fantastic. They did keep me updated and were very helpful throughout the process.
While my experience up to installation has been great, its been over a month since I received my electrical certificates and documentation to submit to the government for rebate.
I have contacted them numerous times to be told the certificate is held up with the installer. While it might not be Captain Solar Green's fault, they did organise the installer.
I feel that my queries are not important or not being taken seriously or not being followed up with the installer diligently.
After a month of waiting this is now getting frustrating and I'm having second thoughts as to why I recommended Captain Green to my family and friends.
Hopefully, I get my documents this side of Easter.
Very happy .Since I got my solar, my in-laws have since used captain green. Another good friend of mine is about to do the same.

Hi Peter

Thanks for your feedback!

We appreciate your support and thank you for choosing Captain Green for going solar.

CGS Team
The team at Captain Green Solar were great, they kept in touch letting me know where everything was at and approximate proposed timeframes for installation. Their installation was prompt and the team installing were friendly and helped with any questions that I had in relation to the system and the use of the components.

Hi Brett

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review and are very pleased to hear of your positive experience.

Please do keep in mind our referral program for any friends or family who are interested in solar. Each sign up awards you with a $100 gift card voucher, once the referral is installed.

Purchased a 6kva system

Connection paperwork says 5kva, have phoned and emailed Captain Green to find out why.....however NO response.

Sad that now payment has been, made customer service has stopped. Even got a marketing text message from CG asking did I want to purchase a solar sysytem !!

Installers Frecks from Gilgandra were awesome.

Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for any inconveniences. Your sales rep has contacted you and explained your query - the 5kva is in relation to your inverter size.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

Kind Regards,
CGS Team
Everytime I called them they answered the phone. Everytime I emailed them they emailed me back. The installer was prompt and hard working. All round top effort by the Team at Green thanks from Mark ps savings are excellent on my power bill

Hi Mark

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your feedback and are extremely pleased to hear about your savings.

CGS Team
Got 2 6.6kw systems am very satisfied with the products and the staff at captain green they go out of there way for you and the installers were awesome cant fault the work I will tell all my friends about this five stars for the staff at captain green.

Hi Shane

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear of your positive dealings with Captain Green.

CGS Team
Captain Green won with us as he was honest with the STC discount. the quotes we received were similar in price, but the STC made the difference.
Plus we have received more solar panels for the same price. As yet it has not been connected by the power company so we can't compare it for quality.
Regards
Elizabeth Owen

Hi Elizabeth

CGS Team
The installers Henry, Richard, and Mahmood were very professional and carried out their work efficiently, as the system has just been put in I can't comment on anything else at this stage.

Hi Alex

Thanks for your review.

CGS Team
The system has not been installed as yet, as there is an 8 week wait.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We have located your customer profile and note that you signed up with CGS on 29/06/2018.

We are aiming to get you installed next week and will be in touch to confirm a date. Your installation therefore will not wait 8 weeks, as we endeavor to get you installed within the specified 4-6 week time frame.

Thank you for choosing to go solar with Captain Green.

Please feel free to contact CGS on 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
Was installed within 2 weeks of approval.

Hi Ren

Thanks for the review!

CGS Team
There are plenty of other solar companies out there. DO NOT USE THIS ONE. I was awaiting the panels to be installed for 2 months (it took 3 months to get to this point) to then receive a phone call stating that I would need to pay an extra $1500 to proceed as they had not installed the panels on a tiled roof before. I have been reading through other comments below and it seems that this is something they do to con the customer into using their company. I tried to contact custom care a multitude of times, to which I had no response and no return phone call. I finally got a hold of the "sales manager" who said if I do not want to pay the extra then i could take my business elsewhere. Just do not use these guys, not worth the time and hassle. I am now 6 months in from starting with these guys and I have no solar and back to square one.

Hi Todd

Thank you for your review.

I have located your customer profile and followed up with the relevant individuals to review this matter.

We sincerely apologise for any difficulties faced during your sales order with Captain Green Solar.

Please note, that you initially signed up with CGS mid December 2018. Due to the end of year rush, we do require an estimated time frame of 8-12 weeks to complete your install. The issue with your installation was that you required a special type of tilt that fixes onto your tile roof. As mentioned to you, it is very rare for Captain Green to do an installation in which the panels are placed with tilts onto a tiled roof. As advised by your consultant, the additional costs to purchase the different type of tilt frames would be $1200.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for not being able to proceed with your installation. Our terms and conditions enable a full refund for the customer, should you not wish to proceed with any unforeseen extra costs involved. As per your request, your order was cancelled.

Please feel free to give our office a call on 02 8203 5440 to discuss any further queries.

CGS Team
There were 2 installers that had language barriers.
I don't believe the panels are placed on the roof correctly but are generating a good amount of energy and I don't really know how much the solar panels should generate.

Hi Gail

Thank you for your review.

We only utilise CEC Accredited Installers for our installations. If you are seeking further clarification on any matter, please do feel free to call our After Sales Support team on 02 8203 5440 to clarify any queries you have regarding your solar panel system.

CGS Team
The 3 installers headed by Jerry were very efficient and are willing to work hard to get the job done.

Hi Tony

Thanks for your review!

CGS Team
They designed the system & came to install 15 panels of 300W on 7 Jan 2019 and 5 panels on 8 Jan 2019 total 20 panels of 300W = 6.0KW with 5.0KW inverter.
But everyday my system never gets over 4KW max is around 3.5-3.7KW. I think this is too low for my system.
Tried to contact them by email and Facebook message want to find out anything wrong with system.
BUT NO ONE REPLY.
Look like they do not care after you make full payment.

Hi Paul

Thank you for your review.

Please note, that Captain Green Solar strives to deliver quality service to all our customers.

We have looked into this matter and note that your email was sent on the 19th of January 2019 and escalated to the relevant individual.

We note the Support team has been in touch with you on 22nd Feb 2019 and has successfully resolved your queries.

We further note that you would like your solar consultant to get in touch with you and he will be doing so soon.

In future, please do lodge a Service and Repair form from our website if you experience any issues with your solar panel system: http://www.captaingreen.com.au/service/

Once done, please do allow a few days for our Support team to be in touch with you.

Feel free to call 02 8203 5440 with any further queries you may have.

CGS Team
I did quite a bit of research before I committed to 3 new solar systems. I was concerned about the “cowboy” companies that seem to dominate this industry. Particularly because we are 300 km outside Sydney.
Captain Green was not the cheapest quote but quoted on Jinko panels and Fronius inverters. They installed the systems within the agreed timeframes. The office staff and installers were very pleasant and easy to deal with and the workmanship was of the highest quality; wiring was neat and all properly secured.
I would recommend Captain Green very highly.

Hi Michael

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience and appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

Please do keep in mind our referral program for any friends or family who are interested in solar. Each sign up awards you with a $100 gift card voucher.