Dan the Solar Man Reviews

About Dan the Solar Man, Solar Installers

Gold Partner
Dan the Solar Man is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 52 152 815 846  ABN active since 24 Aug 2011 | S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 152 815 846  ACN active since 23 Aug 2011 | S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 253652 S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28246 S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $2,200 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SA Regional Solar was born in a small regional city called Pt Pirie back in 2011. We have now grown though our affiliate program to service SA, VIC & NT. Late February 2020 we re branded to Dan the Solar Man.

Dan, the current managing director was a 22 year old electrician at the time who isn’t afraid of a long hard days work and loved getting out and around the mid north, Spencer gulf and outback areas of SA to install solar systems as a contractor for PV sales companies.

During these early stages we started to see that solar power was here to stay and the difference it made to families, homes and business were evident that it was something everyone should invest in.

However. A lot of consumers were left in the dark as to what to expect from their solar installation... who to go to for after sale support and how to know if their installation was delivering what the sales person promised them. A lot of the time Dan was the only person they would get to see so naturally that’s who they would contact for help following the installation.

This determined Dan to start as sales division in his company and offer consumers a full package that would exceed any other competitors services and performance.

We have a 100% customer satisfaction policy and we bend over backwards to maintain it.

We take solar energy and electrical work seriously and invest a lot of time and effort to make sure we deliver on our promises.

What makes us stand out from the rest is that we truly care, we build relationships and treat all customers equally. It doesn’t matter if you are spending $100k or $1k with us. Our level of commitment is consistent.

The products we offer are the best money can buy, with strong warranties and performance characteristics backed by quality workmanship, will guarantee you are making the best choice when choosing DAN THE SOLAR MAN.

Dan the Solar Man Solar Reviews

SMA Inverter with 20 panels

20 Jinko panels 6.6kw capacity with 5kw inverter
System working well. Installation went smoothly, efficient and pleasant to deal with. Very happy overall.

Review

Local solar company did a better price and kept my money local. Was plenty to choose from after i looked and get quotes. Show additional information

Impressive from start to finish

Very impressed with the service from start to finish. Larry took time to listen to my options/variations and developed a solution that perfectly met our needs.
The install was outstanding! I was very impressed with the care and attention to detail that Raz and his team demonstrated. His workmanship was excellent and did a thorough clean-up and handover.
We are looking forward to the same outstanding service for the Battery install.

Professional installation and service

Very prompt service neat and tidy installation all works great exactly as we were told great company to deal with would definitely recommend them Show additional information

Quality

The entire process was made simple and easy to understand, the staff were very approachable and polite and answered any of my questions, customer service is outstanding, the install crew done a exceptional job from start to finish Show additional information

Quality solar

Professional and high quality system. Very happy with the install and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of putting on solar. Helped reduce our electricity bill substantially. Show additional information

Great Team - honest advice

Great service!
Honest advice with what products to use for what we needed.
Install was done quickly with no issues. (On an old stone home, neat finish)
Any questions we have had the team has been happy to answer after install.
Even we are happier to receive our first quarterly bill after install of $16!

Goof job guys!!

Dan The solar Man and his team installed solar panels on our house here in Melbourne and we are very happy with his service, He was very professional and polite and when we did come accross a problem Dan and his team fixed it immediately. We got a great offer for the solar panel system and we would like to say thank you to Dan's stuff and team. Show additional information

Overall very happy.... but

Used SA Regional Solar Pt Pirie. Happy with sales person who was very informative and answered all my questions no matter how silly they were. Just a little disappointed that when the installer came, due to the roof being tin and the construction of that, they were unable to put the panels where the original documentation said they would go. The installer did everything possible to fit them where I wanted them, but to no avail. They should have come and looked at the roof and measure up, instead of using Google Earth for their planning. I was quite annoyed as I have a hundred year old villa, that has been restored to close to original and now has solar panels on the front. Had I known this was were they would have to go, I may not have gone through with it. Show additional information

Nice work.

Nice job from the guys for the installation and good system in good price. Show additional information

Great team. From sales to installers.area left tidy and system looks fantastic. Everything was organized by regional solar.

Sales team had all the required information to suit our budget and needs. Installers let us know a week prior to install. Turned up at the agreed time and worked tirelessly until the job was done. Left the whole work area tidy. Very professional service.

Roger,
Thankyou we are happy we have met your expectations on install and cleanliness.
We hope you are enjoying your system.

Very happy with the results and now getting credits on my energy bill

Very happy with the results and now getting credits on my energy bill

Michelle,
That is great news on getting credits on you bills.
Thankyou for amazing review

Great company

Larry was a pleasure to deal with. So informative, friendly and reliable. Highly recommend this company!

Marylin,
Thankyou we really appreciate the amazing review.
We so happy that you are pleased with the service, sales and installation process.

Great job guys

Quote good. Had problems getting inverter because of shortages but kept in contact & came to install as soon as they received it.
Very tidy job & polite workmen. No mess.

Pat,
Thankyou for the review, we are happy we could work out the problems and get them fixed.
Hope it is still working great.

Great work

Great team, from the quoting to the office to the installation.

Michael,
Thankyou for the review, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions

No more blackouts AND power bills are in CREDIT

The application process was great, much of the organisation of the was done by SA Regional Solar, with me just approving stuff with the supplier. The blokes that came to install were friendly and efficient and helpful when I wanted to hook up the apps. The Tesla standalone feature (backup) is brilliant. When the power drops out, which is all too often here in Orroroo, the Tesla Powerwall 2 kicks in and keeps everything up and running. If you keep the real heavy loads off (like the oven or large air-cons) it will supply the duration of most outages easily. You can get your electrician to sort out those circuits if you like because you don't know the power goes off, it's THAT good! The Tesla App is brilliant and shows battery levels, usage and production etc. Great for planning if you know you have storms coming that may affect the power supply. I've since changed supplier and have a better feed in tariff, now it just makes money, I'm happy!!

Tim,
We are so happy that your system and battery are doing its job and happy that we could help you with the apps so you can keep up to date with your system and what is making.
Thankyou the amazing review.

Dan the Solar Man

Friendly, quick and value for money. All staff were lovely including the installers.

Sales proccess was excellent
Installation was quick and very friendly and polite guys.Very punctual and tidy.
Customer service was great

Jenny,
Thankyou for the amazing review, we strive to do our best.

Delay

Got a good quote in early Dec 2019, paid the deposit same day. We were told install would be in the new year, no worries.
Got called to book installation for the 28th of Jan, turns out they had the wrong phone number on the job.
Still waiting for the panels to be installed and get a message to provide feed back. Feed back on what... I'm still waiting....

UPDATE, 19/2/2020: After posting my original review I was contacted by the managing director whom apologist profusely,
The system was installed on Friday the 14th and was done extremely efficiently with no mess or fuss.
Once we had the communication sorted, the job was done quickly and efficiently

Kellie,
Thankyou for your honesty, I am sorry for the mix up at beginning and were happy to rectify the problem and get it sorted quickly communication is the most important thing.
Thankyou for the updated review and we hope the system is doing its job.
Your feedback helped us improve our business.

Excellent Install

The first visit was accurate and no fudge info, instal date adhered to, good quality workmanship, follow up by just a call with return call or transfer to a knowledgeable rep.

In a word “excellent”.

Mick,
Thankyou for the great review.
We are happy that we could answer any questions and that our workmanship was great.

Excellent installer and system

Excellent service, personally visited my home to take measurements of the roof and discuss project options.
Flexible to meet my specific requirements (for example, agreed to install inverter that I free issued, while others did not). Installed even earlier then I expected. Workmanship was of high quality.
Easy to deal with and highly recommended.

Dmrity,
Thankyou for the kind words and recommendation.
Happy we could meet your expectations and get the job done to highest of quality's.

System exceeds expectations

Sales guy was very easy to deal with. Installation was done in one day installers were polite and any questions were satisfied. Grid connection was organized by them

Gordon,
Happy to hear that your instillation was done smoothly.
Thankyou for the amazing review we aim to do our best.

Dan the Solar Man

Our Awsum Solar and Battery System..

All Staff were professional and polite to work with..Larry The Sales Rep was easy going and knowledgeable...Dan The Solar Man was on site and oversaw the whole job...with his expert opinions and guidance ..After sales service is Gr8..with No problems and excellent drop in power bills..

Dennis,
Thankyou for the review we are happy that the sales, insulation and after sales process was a breeze.
Happy to hear there has been a drop in your power bills.
Always happy to help.

Exceptional service

Respectful and polite with no pressure.
They arrived when they said, installation cleaned and respectful.
Everything was not to much for them to do.

Mark,
Thankyou for the amazing review we are happy that the job was done to your expectations.

John & Penny

I can only speak for the Tesla battery installation because my panel's was installed by another out of town provider.
The job the boy's did with the Tesla battery was A1 and would fully recommend their services , I have not had a power bill since it was installed .... Thank you Dan the Solar Man from Port Pirie

John
Thankyou for the positive review, We are happy that the battery is doing its job and you are not receiving power bills.

Highly recommend

Excellent service and the quality of work is outstanding. It was a very hot windy day but that did not intefere with them getting the job done both in a timely and professional manner. All the installers were very polite and welcomed any concerns or questions.

Dion,
Happy we could answer and question or concerns you had on the spot. We understand that no one is perfect but we aim to our very best and are happy we could do that for you.

Great Installer, Communication great, a pleasure to deal with

Sales quoting process was excellent. Installation guys were also very good and did a great job, on time, very neat, fully checked the system on a tricky installation (1890's cottage). System giving quoted performance plus some. Only problem is AGL dragging the chain on meter swap which is going to be a week and a half later. Live in a country area so not unusual.

All in all a great process and install from SA Regional Solar

Derek,
Happy to hear that the installers and sales team did a great job and met you expectations it is great to have a positive review and we hope the system is doing its job.

Phone service

I rang on a 44degree day when I could re set my safety switch due to which I didnt realise at the time was a faulty appliance. They went through the process over the phone without the need to come out. Very helpful and would recommend this company to anyone

Teresa,
we appreciate the positive feed back and happy we could help you.
when things happen we understand the need to get them fixed quickly and glad we could do that for you with out any inconvenience to your day.

Dan the Solar Man

Quality over quantity !!!

Very happy with the 6.6kw system and the install , top work and well recommend it !
Job completed in one day and it works fine Thanks

Lucian,
Thank you for the recommendation and positive review.
Happy that it was completed in a short time and that the system is doing its job.

Dan the Solar Man

Very happy with all aspects of the purchase and installation.

Would highly recommend SA Regional to anyone contemplating a new or replacement system for the residence or business.

Phillip Thankyou for the kind words and recommendation we aim to please and are happy we have done so for you.

Dan the Solar Man

Amazing service, Friendly people happy to help

Dan and his Tim did an amazing job and were happy to answer and questions that I had well done Highly recommend

Thanks for the great review you are too kind Show additional information

Is extremely happy with the company service and installation and any follow up.

SA Regional Solar are polite punctual and happy to help when I have any questions.
The installation process was easy quick and the workers were polite, neat and quick.

Thankyou for the lovely words so happy to help Show additional information

No Need To Look Elsewhere

SA Regional Solar worked well with me from day one to have our system installed. The staff were extremely friendly and determined to get us the right system for our needs. With only one minor setback that was quickly resolved from the team our solar system was installed on time.

We are coming up to having our solar system for near one year now and everything is working exactly as described and expected. We are actually saving more than expected and predict to have our investment pay off in no more than just 3 years!

Is solar worth investing in? Definitely. And there is no better place than SA Regional Solar.

Thankyou so much Michael you are too kind Show additional information

Great work and system A grade service

Great work system working great, would definitely recommend dan and his team.

Thankyou for the kinds words Troy Show additional information

Nice and easy setup

The only thing that I would say was negative about this experience was the miscommunication about the addition of an awning /shade over the inverter. They then said they would deal with this after the installation day - but has never been addressed.

Other than this, the guys doing the installation did a great job, and the system was good quality value for money.

Hi Arthur
Thanks for your feedback.. We appreciate your honesty..

Someone from the office will call you this week about installing the shade awning.. We apologize that this has been missed..

SA Regional Solar Vic - Highly Recommended

I have just had my 4.3Kw system installed by SA Regional Solar Vic and I highly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar panels.
Material procurement (Fronius inverter) was a bit of an issue due to the high demand for solar panel installations at present. However SA Regional Solar Vic were very innovative and managed to procure the panels and inverter I wanted and arranged for installation earlier than initially advised. They were excellent to deal with and always responded to my queries very quickly. (Thank you Hermina and Kelly) The installers did an excellent job, were punctual and arrived on site exactly as arranged, had everything up and running in a morning and left leaving everything tidy.

I had some issues setting up the Fronius system monitoring but Kelly was extremely patient and guided me through the setup process (via email) and now working well.

Gday Roy

Im glad we could be of assistance and that you're are happy up and running..enjoy the savings !

Good job done but a little disorganised

Good job quoting
Installation was ok a bit disorganised
Customer service was good

Hi Justin

Glad we got there in the end. Thanks for putting your trust in us, we will work hard to maintain it..

If you ever have any concerns or questions please call the office on 1800112212 and we will do our best to assist.

Thankyou for the positive review Mariel Show additional information
I recommended them to my closest family and friends.

They were easy to deal with and value for money was excellent.

Thankyou for the positive review Eugene and for referring us to others. Show additional information
We specifically chose a local company for the after sales service & are happy to support local businesses.

Thankyou Peter and Leonie for supporting local businesses and for choosing us Show additional information
Dan and his crew were fantastic. Installation went well with no issues. I have 10kw and Tesla battery. With power protection.
I work well and I have had no bills since installation

Thankyou for the great review Trevor
Happy we could help
Feel ripped off somewhat as they quoted to install a 2 KW inverter but installed a smaller 1.5 kW without telling me. Was told later when i complained it would do the same job.

Hi David

Hope everything is ok now and issues resolved, We are appreciative of your honest feedback as it gave us the opportunity to come back and make things right..

100% customer satisfactions if very important to our company..

If you have any further concerns please feel free to comment or call us on 1800112212

Thankyou Garry Show additional information

Thankyou for the review Jano Show additional information

Thankyou Ross Show additional information

Thankyou for the review Allan Show additional information
Very professional company. We were very pleased with the information we received and the installation team were also very professional. We would recommend them to anyone.

Thankyou Judy and John Show additional information
Friendly and helpful. Very understanding and flexible when we had personal issues to tend to over installation time.
Would go back in a heyartbeat!

Thankyou for your kind word sally so glad we could help Show additional information
From start to finish SA Regional Solar based at Port Pirie looked after us.
Patiently answered our questions, as well as giving practical alternatives.
After we agreed on the project. They delivered to our satisfaction.
Why the score 4, because if you go to the top they have nowhere for improvement, and these guys will.
I have previously had a Solar System installed by a company who offered a good (cheap) Price.
The system did not last 4 years and when we ask for service at first it was delayed and then IGNORED.
We have had after sales follow up from SA Regional Solar Port Pirie and still were looked after.

Thanks Ron

We appreciate your honest feedback. Please let us know if there's anything more e can do for you..
1800112212
Cheers

Thankyou for the review Paul Show additional information
Right from day one it was a pleasure doing business with SA Regional Solar as they are fully endorsed trades personnel, not just qualified retail sales people looking for a quick dollar so to speak.
I have no hesitation recommending SA Regional Solar to any person that is looking into having a Solar System installed in their home as I know they wie ell not regret having the system installed by SA Regional Solar (Dan the Solar Man)

Thanks Graham

Glad we could be of service, Be sure to call if you have any concerns or service requests

1800112212