Dan the Solar Man Reviews

About Dan the Solar Man, Solar Installers

Gold Partner
Dan the Solar Man is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 52 152 815 846  ABN active since 24 Aug 2011 | S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 152 815 846  ACN active since 23 Aug 2011 | S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 253652 S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28246 S.a Regional Solar Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,200 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SA Regional Solar was born in a small regional city called Pt Pirie back in 2011. We have now grown though our affiliate program to service SA, VIC & NT. Late February 2020 we re branded to Dan the Solar Man.

Dan, the current managing director was a 22 year old electrician at the time who isn’t afraid of a long hard days work and loved getting out and around the mid north, Spencer gulf and outback areas of SA to install solar systems as a contractor for PV sales companies.

During these early stages we started to see that solar power was here to stay and the difference it made to families, homes and business were evident that it was something everyone should invest in.

However. A lot of consumers were left in the dark as to what to expect from their solar installation... who to go to for after sale support and how to know if their installation was delivering what the sales person promised them. A lot of the time Dan was the only person they would get to see so naturally that’s who they would contact for help following the installation.

This determined Dan to start as sales division in his company and offer consumers a full package that would exceed any other competitors services and performance.

We have a 100% customer satisfaction policy and we bend over backwards to maintain it.

We take solar energy and electrical work seriously and invest a lot of time and effort to make sure we deliver on our promises.

What makes us stand out from the rest is that we truly care, we build relationships and treat all customers equally. It doesn’t matter if you are spending $100k or $1k with us. Our level of commitment is consistent.

The products we offer are the best money can buy, with strong warranties and performance characteristics backed by quality workmanship, will guarantee you are making the best choice when choosing DAN THE SOLAR MAN.

Dan the Solar Man Solar Reviews

Great team

Great team easy to deal with from the initial quote to the installation process. The installation team where very good to talk to and deal with . Very neat and tidy.
Could not be happier with the job.

Hi Jason,
Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad we met expectations and were able to help you out. If you need anything in the future, please contact us.
Sunny Regards,

Couldn't ask for a more customer service focused installer

Gavin Brady from sales/quoting team was amazing
Installation went great.

There were a couple of issues and delays that the team sorted with a smile and Dan personally called me to addressed them.

Before install and post install there were regular emails. Even a month later, there was an email notifying more details about Solar. Overall, they kept me up to date.

Went with a 6.29KWH Longi with SolarEdge system as I needed all panels to be optimised because of shading issues from a double storey house next door

It's been just under 3 months since the system was installed and it has produced 2.2 MWh of energy which is pretty good.

All concrete tiles damaged were replaced and they didn't try to hide any broken tiles given that's normally a risk with concrete tiles and solar install

Hi Sam,
I am glad we were able to sort out your issues. We value your feedback and will be more than happy to help you out in the future with any questions or issues you may have.

very happy customer

had a really good experiance from start to finish the installers were very friendly and happy to answer any and all questions. their finished work was very tidy and proffesional. i would definately recomend the company for any electrical or solar needs. thank sa regional solar.

Hi Alan,
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to let us know how it all went.
If you have any questions or issues in the future please let us know.
Sunny Regards

Great follow up customer service

Had a leaky roof after the panels were installed, they guys came back asap had fixed the issue.

Nearly 2 years after the installation, we had an issue with the inverter (SolarEdge). Customer service was prompt. They organised a replacement straight away.

Highly recommended.

Hi Mariel,
I am happy to read that the guys have fixed your issues. If you have any issues in the future please let us know.
Sunny Regards

Quite happy with the installation setup.

Installation team were friendly and polite, the job itself was quite professional and we feel like the price was quite reasonable for the job completed. They contacted our provider straight away which was helpful.

Hi Greg,
I am glad everything went well for you.
If you have any troubles in the future or want to ask questions, please call us.

Hassle free solar installation

We had a very positive experience from quote to grid connection. The customer service was exceptional, keeping us informed every step of the way, especially during the COVID lockdown. The installers did a fantastic job, not only were they competent and friendly they also cleaned up after themselves and did not leave any rubbish behind. They arranged the inspector who attended within a week from installation date and we were forwarded the email of his submission of all necessary documentation to our electricity supplier. I would strongly recommend anyone looking at getting solar to definitely prefer Dan the Solar Man.

Hi Angela,

I am happy everything went well for you. It is great to hear positive feedback. If you have any issues or questions in the future, please let us know.
Sunny Regards

Very impressed with the service provided and the quality of the parts and installation.

After several enquires over the last few years to have a solar system installed on my home in Roxby Downs, with none of them accepted mainly due to excessively high prices and/or pushy sales people, I received a quote from Dan the Solar Man which was very reasonable.

David at Dan the Solar Man was polite and patient as I made enquires regarding changing my connection to 3 phase and was quick to respond to my questions and to re-quote when my plans changed.

Once I had decided on a system and committed to it, I needed to have capital works completed to upgrade my electrical supply and during this time I received a visit from Larry who measured up and knowledgeably answered my many questions regarding the installation.

The upgrades took a while, but once completed the Dan the Solar Man team promptly organised a trip to Roxby which went to plan even though the whole state was shutdown due to a covid-19 outbreak for a period during this time, I was also kept informed with progress regularly.

On the first day of the installation the team arrived early and wasted no time in getting all the railings mounted, cables run and installing the inverter etc. They were professional and had no issues answering several questions I had.

They were back early the second day and quickly installed the panels, ensuring they were centred nicely and squared up with the roof before installing the switches and switch covers. The rails protruding out from the panels were trimmed off neatly and capped with end covers, the electrical connections were also neatly done.

Once the installation and network connection was completed and tested I was shown how to turn it on/shut it down, then later instructed how to access the sunny portal online so I could monitor the performance.

I chose to go with an all black system and am pleased that I did, the panels, mounts, rails & caps, switches & covers are all matching, which I haven't seen before and it looks really good.

I am also very pleased to have had my system installed by Dan the Solar Man, from start to finish they have been professional, patient and prompt in their responses, kept me up to date and the installation was completed to a high standard and is working well.

Hi Jason,
I am happy that my team was able to deliver you the best service. Thank you for a great review. If you have any issues in the future, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.
Sunny Regards

Quick installation and system is working well

Quoting and sale was smooth and accurate.
Installation happened sooner than I expected (Less than a month.)
Service has been great.

Hi Michael,
I am glad it all went well for you.
Thank you for the review. If you have any issues moving forward please contact us.
Sunny Regards

Fantastic installers, very neat tidy work.

The installation personal excellent service polite, clean tidy work, outstanding all round.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for leaving a review.
Appreciate your feedback.
If you have any issues moving forward please contact us.

Fantastic Install, start to finish

Very happy with the install done by SA Regional Solar, entire team were on point and made to entire install process effortless. No problem recommending them.

Hi Dave,
I am glad it all went well for you.
If you require any of our services in the future, please call us and we will be happy to help.
Sunny Regards

Professional, honest and thorough!

Professional, honest, friendly and great workmanship by all involved. We were guided and notified every step of the way by Hermina from start to finish of my parents' new solar installation to obtain the Solar Vic rebate, and were kept thoroughly informed of the job completion after lockdown.

Ken and his team were amazing, and definitely did a great job, even with solving a couple of issues experienced along the way which I had not known about if he had not pointed them out.

After the grid connection was inspected by a local professional (also organised by the company), the solar system was switched on and since then, we have been getting more than enough energy to use every day.

Highly recommended!

Hi Fiona,
I am happy it all went well for you.
It is great to know the team are providing a quality service.
Sunny Regards

Great customer service and great product

The team at dan the solar man are great. We received a quote from them around June and due to COVID in Victoria we had a delay in getting the system up and running due to businesses closing. Dan and his team in Melbourne kept us all up to date on when our installations would be up.

The install itself was impeccable, no issues thus far and the installing team kept everything neat and tidy

Overall really happy to the purchase

Hi Garey
Thank you for the great review. I am glad we were able to help you.

Great salespeople and installers. Process was explained all the way through. Kelly very helpful

Salespeople great, installers fantastic very please with the job. The installers were very clean and tidy

Hi Fred,
Thank you for the great review. Always happy to help out when you need us.

Happy customer

After reviewing a number of solar companies I chose Dan, after all the reviews about his after sales service we went ahead, system Was installed promptly and after a couple of issues after the install which was rectified immediately we are up and running. Great service and awesome after sales service, thanks Dan and the team at SA Regional Solar.

Hi Peter,
I am glad we were able to help you out. If you have any further issues please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Fantastic installer - highly recommended

Great service and advice - very smooth and organised, always available to answer any questions I had with the installation

The installers very on time, tidy and professional - with great workmanship

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for a glowing review.
If you need any help in the future please let us know.
Sunny Regards

Very professional and great to deal with all German made and not the Chinese crap they are advertising

6.6 ow system with jinko panels
I'm a sunnyboy inverter
Make about 30 to 40 kw per pay
Costs 5 k installed but you need smart meters for you electricity and all credited
25years guarantee and wiring all neat and tidy
Harnessing to all wiring
Great job very happy

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback. If you need anything in the future, please let us know.
Sunny Regards

Thank you Dan, for giving us the power!

We are so thankful to Dan and his team for giving us the power to make our off grid dream a reality!

We live on an off grid bush block in SA with no grid connection, and needed solar power desperately! We were contacted by two of a possible three installers from solar quotes (including Dan the Solar Man), and we also emailed another solar installer recommended by a friend. Dan was the first to contact us (i.e. the next day) and the ONLY one to come out to see us in person (in the middle of nowhere).

When Dan came out, he took the time to understand our needs, explained the different systems available to us (e.g. DC coupled and AC coupled), explained the rebates available to us and made recommendations for panels, inverters and batteries. He gave us an initial quote, and left us to think about things (i.e. was not pushy). After doing some research, we quickly realised Dan knew his stuff! We then asked for another quote for the system we wanted, and got this straightaway. We compared this to other offers, and it was BY FAR the best value for money! This system was an AC coupled system with REC panels, Fronius solar inverter, Selectronic battery inverter and Powerplus batteries.

After the contract was signed, Dan and his team kept us up to date with progress through emails, SMS and phone calls. Although there was a slight hold up on the batteries (which was out of their control), Dan and his team were able to install the panels and inverters first and batteries later, so as to ensure a timely installation overall.

The installation went very smoothly, with just one setting on the inverter that needed adjustment after the installation. Dan and his team came out quickly to fix the issue, demonstrating their excellent reliability and responsiveness. Dan also made sure that everything was working properly in the following days. Furthermore, Dan and his team have also checked in, after the system has been installed, to ensure all is ok, demonstrating their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

Admin and payment has also been simple. All paper work was done online, and we were able to pay for the system in small installments.

Overall, the system is awesome, the service was outstanding, and we couldn't be happier!

Hi Reena,
Thank you for the great feedback, I am happy my team was able to help out. If you need anything in the future, please let us know.
Sunny Regard

Dan The Solar man

Very professional great service in port lincoln
Trade were very professional and electrical was neat and tidy
They even cleaned up there mess and swept the floor
Credit to sa regional solar who is Dan The Solar Man

Hi Joseph,

I am happy we could help out. Thank you for the review.

All good so far.

Installer was very good.
Still waiting for final inspection so that we can turn the system.
Communifation has been very good.
Hopfully inspection and connection to grid will happen soon

Hi Andrew
I am happy we could help out.
If you have any issues, please let us know.

Fantastic

Absolute pleasure to deal with from sales/quoting to installation, very professional with excellent communication throughout the process. Would highly recommend.

Hi Kym,
Thank you for a great review, glad we could help you out.
Sunny Regards

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Dan the Solar Man - Professional and efficient

All three referred companies contacted me with a similar approach, based on an internet aerial photo of the property which was overlaid with their suggested number and arrangement of panels. Each used a standard format quote. Two companies were based in Melbourne (where I live), and one in Adelaide. Each followed up with a phone call, where Dan the Solar man differentiated themselves by asking sensible questions about my property before providing a solution (both other companies suggested inappropriate arrangements). Their quote did not have limits on supply, such as "only 15m of cabling included" as part of their contract, and they were willing to negotiate key items of their contract to reach an agreement. Their price was not the cheapest, through is was more 'all inclusive' than the others. Dan the Solar Man sent an installer out to inspect the property to clarify panel arrangements and potential electrical switchboard issues prior to the contract. They gave sufficient notice for the installation date, arrived promptly at the agreed time, and were professional (including wearing masks etc) at all times. A supplier issue (inverter and electrical panel delivery) prevented the installation being completed in the one day, though they promptly arranged a follow-up date, again arrived on time, finished the installation, and advised the next steps (independent electrical inspection, account setup, distributor's electrical meter mode-change) and expected time frames clearly. I'm now awaiting for the inspection and meter change, though now that the physical installation is complete, my review of Dan the Solar Man is that they were very good to deal with, and I would recommend them.

Hi Roger,
I am happy we were able to help out.
Thank you for the review.
Sunny Regards

Excellent start slow middle and good finish

Sales and quoting process was impressive. Peter was informative and eager. Once we signed there were a couple of hiccups in the process. However, the when the installation happened we were impressed with his communication and forthright knowledge.

Hi Marc,
Thank you for your review. I am glad it all went well for you.

Excellent Customer Service

I spoke to Dan regarding the purchase and installation of the solar system. He took the time to answer all my questions throughout the sales process and we came up with a panel and inverter combination suited to my usage requirements with a balance on budget and quality. Dan also provided a quick site inspection as part of the quotation which gave me a lot of confidence the installer knew the roof configuration and panel layout and could accommodate the switchboard location on my property with the inverter positioning.

When it came to the install - Ken was highly experienced, took his time on the install and ensured it was a smooth process. There was a slight shading issue at the end due to the placement of one of the panels and Dan was happy to address this and was able to arrange for Ken to fix this in a short time.

I liaised with Hermina for the solar install and meter configuration processes and she was fantastic. She was able to organise the install date very soon despite this being during Covid-19. Hermina explained the whole process from start to end and kept me up to date on various matters and also helped me fix an issue with my solar rebate. Lastly, Nish provided the install paperwork which was highly appreciated as I know other people can sometimes struggle to get this at the end.

In summary, I found the whole team to all be very experienced, customer focused and organised, and they really worked hard to get the best outcome they could for the customer. I’m confident they’ll continue to support me throughout the use of my solar system and any troubleshooting, which is really important and can’t always be said of all solar companies. Overall, I had a very good experience and highly recommend SA Regional Solar.

Hi Henry
Thank you so much for the glowing review. I am glad my team was able to provide a quality service.

Excellent Service

I recently installed a 10.5 kw system. Dan and his team provided a friendly, no bull competitive offer. I found it especially reassuring that there were no hidden 'extra costs' as with other solar companies. I would certainly recommend Dan and his team

Hi Dorin

Thank you for the feedback, I am glad the service was a positive experience for you.
Sunny Regards

Very quick and tidy also very polite

Good customer service very quick and informative very helpful with changing power companies

Thank you Maree. Appreciate your support.

Regards Dan

All went very smoothly and working very well

The whole process was very painless. The system is working well and had no issues. I would definitely recommend them as an excellent provider. ps I had no Vic rebate eligibility so you need to take that into account, if applicable to you, when considering the price listed here.

Glad to be of service Diane

Kindest Regards

Great company, great people, great system!

Great communication, excellent service, and a crew that really know their stuff. The initial quote was easy to organise, and Garry was great about answering questions and explaining things clearly. When it was time for the install, Ken and his team were brilliant. Because of weather concerns, our system was installed over two days, but Ken had it done as quickly as possible, and was super quick to respond to the small amount of setup support we needed.

We had a brilliant experience with SA Regional Solar, would recommend to anyone!

Hi John
Glad to hear it went well. If you have any questions or issues in the future please let us know.
Sunny Regards

SA Regional Solar, making solar simple!

SA Regional Solar out performed 4 other solar companies that I engaged. As a novice to solar i was seeking as much info to better understand how a solar system should be set up to maximise energy towards my property set up, and they delivered. Dan, Larry and Simon assisted through the process and to be honnest they made to process simple by using examples we understood. Its also comforting the products they were selling were installed on their own property's plus backing the install and components with a solid long term guarantee. It just go to show you can shop local using local people who are here to stay. When It came to signing the dotted line I did what I normally do, go in for one more final challange (cost reduction) once again SA Regional Solar stood up to the plate and further managed to come within my budget, but keep in mind they still used good quality components all I can say is, Well Done team its working dont change a thing. Being straight to the point but simple, your cost comparable with quality in mind.
I will recommend you every day on the week, in fact I already have.
Next step Battery to become off the grid, thanks SA Regional Solar.

Hi Wesley,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad the process was enjoyable.

SMA Inverter with 20 panels

20 Jinko panels 6.6kw capacity with 5kw inverter
System working well. Installation went smoothly, efficient and pleasant to deal with. Very happy overall.

Hi Diane,
I am happy everything went well for you. Thank you for your review.

Review

Local solar company did a better price and kept my money local. Was plenty to choose from after i looked and get quotes.

Hi Wesley,
Thank you for choosing us to complete your solar work. We are glad you are enjoying the benefits of Solar.
Sunny Regards

Impressive from start to finish

Very impressed with the service from start to finish. Larry took time to listen to my options/variations and developed a solution that perfectly met our needs.
The install was outstanding! I was very impressed with the care and attention to detail that Raz and his team demonstrated. His workmanship was excellent and did a thorough clean-up and handover.
We are looking forward to the same outstanding service for the Battery install.

Hi Kim
Thank you for your review. I am glad our team provided you a great service.

Professional installation and service

Very prompt service neat and tidy installation all works great exactly as we were told great company to deal with would definitely recommend them

Hi Terry,
Thank you for your review. I am happy my team were able to help you out.

Quality

The entire process was made simple and easy to understand, the staff were very approachable and polite and answered any of my questions, customer service is outstanding, the install crew done a exceptional job from start to finish

Hi Brad,
I am happy we were able to help out and provide a high quality service.
If you have any issues in the future, please call us.

Quality solar

Professional and high quality system. Very happy with the install and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of putting on solar. Helped reduce our electricity bill substantially.

Hi John
Happy we were able to help out. Thank you for your review.

Great Team - honest advice

Great service!
Honest advice with what products to use for what we needed.
Install was done quickly with no issues. (On an old stone home, neat finish)
Any questions we have had the team has been happy to answer after install.
Even we are happier to receive our first quarterly bill after install of $16!

Hi Claire,
Thank you for your review :) Always happy to help you out.

Goof job guys!!

Dan The solar Man and his team installed solar panels on our house here in Melbourne and we are very happy with his service, He was very professional and polite and when we did come accross a problem Dan and his team fixed it immediately. We got a great offer for the solar panel system and we would like to say thank you to Dan's stuff and team.

Hi Darius,
Thank you for your review. Happy we could help out.

Overall very happy.... but

Used SA Regional Solar Pt Pirie. Happy with sales person who was very informative and answered all my questions no matter how silly they were. Just a little disappointed that when the installer came, due to the roof being tin and the construction of that, they were unable to put the panels where the original documentation said they would go. The installer did everything possible to fit them where I wanted them, but to no avail. They should have come and looked at the roof and measure up, instead of using Google Earth for their planning. I was quite annoyed as I have a hundred year old villa, that has been restored to close to original and now has solar panels on the front. Had I known this was were they would have to go, I may not have gone through with it.

Hi Liz.
Thank you for your review and the feedback. This is now something we are striving to do. I appreciate your time and comments.

Nice work.

Nice job from the guys for the installation and good system in good price.

Hi Harry,
Thank you for your review. Glad we could be of service to your needs.
Sunny Regards

Great team. From sales to installers.area left tidy and system looks fantastic. Everything was organized by regional solar.

Sales team had all the required information to suit our budget and needs. Installers let us know a week prior to install. Turned up at the agreed time and worked tirelessly until the job was done. Left the whole work area tidy. Very professional service.

Roger,
Thankyou we are happy we have met your expectations on install and cleanliness.
We hope you are enjoying your system.

Very happy with the results and now getting credits on my energy bill

Very happy with the results and now getting credits on my energy bill

Michelle,
That is great news on getting credits on you bills.
Thankyou for amazing review

Great company

Larry was a pleasure to deal with. So informative, friendly and reliable. Highly recommend this company!

Marylin,
Thankyou we really appreciate the amazing review.
We so happy that you are pleased with the service, sales and installation process.

Great job guys

Quote good. Had problems getting inverter because of shortages but kept in contact & came to install as soon as they received it.
Very tidy job & polite workmen. No mess.

Pat,
Thankyou for the review, we are happy we could work out the problems and get them fixed.
Hope it is still working great.

Great work

Great team, from the quoting to the office to the installation.

Michael,
Thankyou for the review, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions

No more blackouts AND power bills are in CREDIT

The application process was great, much of the organisation of the was done by SA Regional Solar, with me just approving stuff with the supplier. The blokes that came to install were friendly and efficient and helpful when I wanted to hook up the apps. The Tesla standalone feature (backup) is brilliant. When the power drops out, which is all too often here in Orroroo, the Tesla Powerwall 2 kicks in and keeps everything up and running. If you keep the real heavy loads off (like the oven or large air-cons) it will supply the duration of most outages easily. You can get your electrician to sort out those circuits if you like because you don't know the power goes off, it's THAT good! The Tesla App is brilliant and shows battery levels, usage and production etc. Great for planning if you know you have storms coming that may affect the power supply. I've since changed supplier and have a better feed in tariff, now it just makes money, I'm happy!!

Tim,
We are so happy that your system and battery are doing its job and happy that we could help you with the apps so you can keep up to date with your system and what is making.
Thankyou the amazing review.

Dan the Solar Man

Friendly, quick and value for money. All staff were lovely including the installers.

Sales proccess was excellent
Installation was quick and very friendly and polite guys.Very punctual and tidy.
Customer service was great

Jenny,
Thankyou for the amazing review, we strive to do our best.

Delay

Got a good quote in early Dec 2019, paid the deposit same day. We were told install would be in the new year, no worries.
Got called to book installation for the 28th of Jan, turns out they had the wrong phone number on the job.
Still waiting for the panels to be installed and get a message to provide feed back. Feed back on what... I'm still waiting....

UPDATE, 19/2/2020: After posting my original review I was contacted by the managing director whom apologist profusely,
The system was installed on Friday the 14th and was done extremely efficiently with no mess or fuss.
Once we had the communication sorted, the job was done quickly and efficiently

Kellie,
Thankyou for your honesty, I am sorry for the mix up at beginning and were happy to rectify the problem and get it sorted quickly communication is the most important thing.
Thankyou for the updated review and we hope the system is doing its job.
Your feedback helped us improve our business.

Excellent Install

The first visit was accurate and no fudge info, instal date adhered to, good quality workmanship, follow up by just a call with return call or transfer to a knowledgeable rep.

In a word “excellent”.

Mick,
Thankyou for the great review.
We are happy that we could answer any questions and that our workmanship was great.

Excellent installer and system

Excellent service, personally visited my home to take measurements of the roof and discuss project options.
Flexible to meet my specific requirements (for example, agreed to install inverter that I free issued, while others did not). Installed even earlier then I expected. Workmanship was of high quality.
Easy to deal with and highly recommended.

Dmrity,
Thankyou for the kind words and recommendation.
Happy we could meet your expectations and get the job done to highest of quality's.

System exceeds expectations

Sales guy was very easy to deal with. Installation was done in one day installers were polite and any questions were satisfied. Grid connection was organized by them

Gordon,
Happy to hear that your instillation was done smoothly.
Thankyou for the amazing review we aim to do our best.