Generate Energy

Generate Energy Reviews

Your Local Solar & Storage Specialists

Generate Energy Pty Ltd is a South Australian based Private Australian Company established in 2013.

Since its foundation, Generate Energy has grown to one of the leading providers of solar and storage solutions in South Australia and has installed thousands of systems across the state.

Mission

Every day we provide exceptional service and quality solutions that empower our clients with sustainable and renewable energy independence

Vision

We will become South Australia's leading provider of quality solar and storage solutions. Our reputation will attract employees and clients eager to be part of the value propositions provided by our industry leading and highly skilled team.

Values

Leadership, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Innovation, Respect.

Our Promise

We individually assess our customers’ needs and provide tailored solutions using our selective range of premium quality products.

We have spent extensive time researching and testing the products we provide, choosing only to install the latest technology products with proven reliability and performance, sourced from reputable manufactures with Australian based offices.

With our strict product selection process we guarantee our systems will provide peace of mind for our clients and will also achieve the highest level of power efficiency, system reliability and safety.

All work is carried out by our in-house highly trained and experienced staff. This ensures a high level of consistency and professionalism, guaranteeing all our staff are appropriately trained and are kept up to date with the latest technology.

We always endeavour to achieve the ideal solution for our customers, not only for today but also for the future.

Customer Satisfaction

At Generate Energy we believe that happy customers are one of our strongest assets. We focus on providing excellence in customer service during every stage of the solar installation process. From the initial consultation, system design and quotation right through to system commissioning and handover. But we don’t stop there, we continue to provide advice and support, along with ongoing system monitoring and maintenance services for our clients.

Over the years Generate Energy has earned a reputation for providing exceptional customer service as well as top quality system installations which is reflected by our high rating online reviews. Many of our new customers are word of mouth referrals from previous happy customers which we believe is a solid foundation for future growth.

Reviewers report paying: $7,000 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Generate Energy Reviews (125)

Outstanding Service and flawless installation

We have one word for GNR8NRG .... Outstanding! Everyone that we dealt with from quotation to installation were polite, punctual and informative.

Outstanding Customer Service and Delivered a Quality System

Customer service was some of the best I’ve come across. John and the Admin team were fantastic in answering questions, and Jarrod actually listened to my requirements when designing the system. The company happily provided numerous quotes as I evolved my thinking, allowing me to settle on a system that was both appropriate for my house and met my requirements. At no stage was a ‘cookie cutter, bulk buy’ solution forced on me. I was only after quality components and Generate didn’t disappoint.

The installation went very smooth, the team arrived on time, were polite and treated our house with respect. They put significant thought into the location of the components, ensuring the aesthetics were a good as they could possibly be. The install is very neat, with no visible cabling (due to a pre-wire during construction) and all data hardwired.

Overall very happy with the company, and the system is far exceeding my expectations. I’ve recommended to several others at work, who have subsequently (independently) selected Generate and similarly been exceptionally happy with their work and the systems they have delivered.

Fantastic installer, Genuine price and installation

100% satisfied customer. Very professional and honest team . Definitely recommend them if you need quality solar with reasonable prices. I chose top quality solar for my house and generate energy was spot on.

Original Review on 28-03-2020:

Great service at competetive price

The quotes from the companies you recommended were honest and competitive , but in the end I went with GenR8 Energy because I got an extra sweetener for my son who had used them for his Solar system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rodney: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system was installed at my rental property. I have had no complaints from the tenant, so must be OK.

Honestly good people to deal with what they said you got

Honestly good people to deal with what they said you get you got
Installed on time

Excellent product, price, installation as always

Quote was complete in detail and very acceptable for 3 phase install including a backup circuit and a Tesla Destination Charger. This is in addition to a solar install done 5 years earlier.

Crew of two arrived on time and worked right through the day, taking off shoes when indoors, and the final results are first rate.

Powerwall, backup circuitry and charger working well with existing Fronius solar installation. Crew fussed about after the final testing, sweeping and picking up every tiny off-cut.

Highly recommended by myself and by 3 friends who have used Generate Energy for their solar installations.

Beautiful install

John was great during the quoting process. The installers were polite and tidy. Overall customer service was fantastic. The installers also did help organise the grid connection after the install.

Big thanks to the Generate Energy for the LG and Fronius solar installation.

Daniel and his team have timely and nicely installed the solar system with the proper explanation and cleared all doubts. LG 360W NeON 2 panels and Fronius inverter work well during the whole day.

Very happy overall.

Quoting and site visit by John was great - friendly, not pushy or trying to push a sale. They offered us a custom solution to suit our unusual roof size limits and orientation.

Installers were friendly, work looks good, especially on a very rainy day. Although they did smoke on-site which was unpleasant.
One of the panels was cracked from the warehouse/transport, but they showed me, installed and turned on the rest and arranged for the replacement to be done at a later date. No invoice was sent until after all the panels were installed and operating. Very well handled.

Follow-up has been good. Very happy overall.

Original Review on 21-11-2019:

Super efficient installers

The quoting was quick factual and honest backed with good answers to my queries. The install was on time super efficient and finished in 4 hour's on 2 story house. The following paperwork by the office staff was also completed quickly with their polite help. Any assistance with the Web site was also no problem from them. Overall my experience with generate Energy was very good. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has performed as expected 5.2kw .Ave output between 3.5. To 4.7 . We are about 400 meters from ocean so panels are never spotless

Quality installer.

I was impressed with Generate Energy. They took the time to work through a reasonably complicated quote for me ( I wanted battery backup + generator fail over) producing design diagrams and supplying system specs.

The installation team was thorough and took the time to neatly square the panels and do tidy wiring.

Great customer service and we can highly recommended.

A very professional and honest quotation, with all of the information and considerations being put on the table for us to consider and make a well informed decision suiting our personal circumstances. No hidden agendas pushing any specific brand or to make the sale.The installation was just as professional and we were well informed along the way. Brilliant customer service. We only had to make personal choices on the product, while the rest of the process was handled by Generate Energy. Effortless!! Thank you guys for a great customer experience.

beautiful installation

The sales and quoting process went very well, the installation is also polite and punctual. John's customer service is fantastic, he came to my home twice to clarify my confusion, he is very patient and professional in answering all types of questions from me.

Great communication, planning and installation

Recently had a 10.35kW system installed and very happy with the whole process. Excellent communication from the commencement of the process through to the commissioning. All the guys doing the installation kept me informed on on what was happening and discussed any details as the installation proceeded. System was at a very competitive price. They coordinated the SA Power networks and Origin smart meter install so that the grid connectionall went smoothly. Happy to recommend to others.

Hassle free process

Excellent service, staff extremely helpful. Fronius inverter installed in garage at my request - fan runs continuously and is noisy, should have been recommended different brand inverter

Original Review on 10-04-2019:

Thanks for your assistance- it helped very much in selection Original ratings

8 months later we asked Craig: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Achieved expectations - no issues

6.6Kw Micro inverter integrated with existing 3.5kw

Installed 6.6Kw 350w neon 2 panels with emphase micros, integrated with existing 3.5kw system via envoy and balanced across 3 phases with import/export CTs for both systems.

Original Review on 21-03-2019:

The delay in installation is because we are all waiting for SA Power, as SA Power has insisted that my old dial meter be relocated from inside the home to outside at the same time that my retailer swops a smart meter.

Also, the quotes from installers to upgrade the meter box inside to become a sub-meter box, move the meter location to an outside box, and add an isolator was mystifying. Comparing apples to apples, quotes were $450 complete to $600 to $2500 to $4000. The solar installation quote I finally accepted included this work at $600.

Installation: N/A

9 months later we asked Doreen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

A definite YES.

Additional comments on:
Installation: My pest inspector went into the roof cavity and called down: Who did your solar for you?
Alarmed, I asked why? And he said the wiring is very, very neat. Impressively neat and well done, he said.
Many thanks to Generate Energy for an impressive job in an area where corners could be cut without the homeowner ever knowing otherwise.

Customer service: I had a few issues with getting the Fronius Smart Meter set up and operating properly, and the customer after sales support was fast and empathetic.

Quality system offered. Exceptional customer service

The system hasn’t been installed yet as it’s part of a new build, so I’ll update once that occurs.

Customer service to this point has been nothing short of exceptional. I did a lot of research prior to settling on a system design, so knew roughly what I wanted (size, brands etc). John offered advice and guidance where needed, but unlike many other companies actually listened to my requirements. Refinement of quotes and quoting alternative options was no trouble and the turnaround was very good. The system offered is high quality and at a very competitive price.

Can’t wait for it to be installed.

Fantastic to deal with. Perfect installation. Happy to work with me to deliver the system that I wanted.

The team at Generate Energy were excellent to deal with. I had done my homework via the information at SolarQuotes and had already decided what I wanted before getting my quotes. Generate Energy were very open to listening to me and delivering the system that I wanted, rather than pushing a certain type/brand of inverter or panel. We tried several alternative panel size options (including 72 cell panels) for my roof before settling on the final system design. They were polite, punctual and very clever installers. They managed to fit the Enphase hardware into my existing meter box and so the installation is very discreet. It not only operates exactly as expected, it is a thing of beauty (to me anyway). I was very fortunate to have a home with 3-phase supply and was able to push beyond the 5kW inverter limit.

Original Review on 05-03-2019:

7 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

A little disappointed , will reasess as spring and summer come, overall the reduction in cost has only providied 50% benefit from expectations

Quality service and products

After a magnitude of quotes, Generate Energy's overall service and approach won out in the end. Instead of accepting quotes over the phone and a nearmaps picture with proposed panel layout, Generate were quite happy to attend, twice in fact, to firm up any last minute queries . After working with us waiting on a new roof to be installed installation came as promised. Top group of guys who discussed all aspects of the install and completed without fuss to our needs (asthetics). Athough a small misshap occurred with a foot stepping in the wrong place in the roof space, I was left with 100% assurance of the damage being rectified. Great company, great products and great service!

Great installation by Generate Energy

John from GE was very helpful in providing a detailed and accurate quote for my home. GE waited patiently while I had the switch box upgraded to the current standard and a new smart meter installed, which took months - nothing to do with them.

When the day arrived we had a review/discussion at the start of the day about the installation and apart from an occasional question on where i would prefer certain parts of the install to go, they worked all day installing the LG/Enphase solar system. At about 4 pm the switch was turned on and all worked well, and has worked well since then.
Many thanks GE.

Original Review on 19-10-2018:

The system has not been installed yet. Daniel has been very helpful in discussions as to the best system to install. He has also visited the site to confirm sire location and measurements.
The rating for the quality of the system has been partly determined by the information you have provided, and also by first hand experience of a family member's system.
Congratulations to you Finn for the valuable information you provide to guide us through the solar maze.
Thank you.

Value for money: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Bob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system performed well through summer. As expected, performance diminished through Autumn into winter, but, as the shortest day of the year is upon us, things should start to improve.

Efficient, informative and friendly Installation

From quoting to installation and after sales service the process was very satisfying . Installers attended as planned and Team worked efficiently and coordinated with time to explain set up.

Did exactly what they promised

Installed 14 x LG 365W panels and LG RESU10h battery with Solar Edge hybrid inverter.

Everything went to plan except a minor issue with Wi-Fi communications to the inverter, which is not essential for operation it's just for monitoring, which was sorted out a few days after installation. Everything else, so the solar panels, battery and inverter, was fully operational on the day of installation.

All paperwork was arranged efficiently including the SA government battery rebate and electricity meter changeover.

A neat installation job noting that limited space is available on the roof and also where the inverter and battery are located. So everything needed to be tightly fitted in which they did without problems. I would have chosen the 335 W panels and used more of them if not for the space issue - the 365 W are considerably more expensive but there was simply no option to install additional panels due to space so I went for the biggest ones.

No complaints at all.
Great people to deal with. Good after sales service. Excellent system.

Original Review on 06-09-2018:

Many thanks to jarrod Dan and tu for install and attention. Delayed due to rain. But installed at next opportunity.
30 LG panels and fronius 10 kW 3 phase inverter already saving money and energy use from grid.
Now just waiting for agl to install smart meter
To get full benefit of system. Wish me luck.
Watching production going in to grid unmetered.

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. But cloud is the enemy now. Running 5kwh 3 phase aircon. Bill about sixth of pre-solar cost.
If you can afford it up front , do it. Over the longer term you can't afford not to.

Original Review on 13-08-2018:

Daniel was the only supplier who made the effort to get onto the roof to work out the best fit Original ratings

8 months later we asked JOHN: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

From the first contact in getting a quote they were very professional from the sale's person (John) to answering any questions that I asked him and the rest of the team invloved. The installers all introduced themselves and were very professional in installing the Solar panels and inverter and were able to answer any questions that I asked them. The company at all levels were very good.
It was a pleasure to do business with Generate, from the first phone call, the numerous questions that I had, the follow ups, the site meet, the approvals and to the install. Thanks to all your team. I would definitely recommend you to anyone that I know that would be contemplating going down the solar path.
Everything about the job went great, from ordering to installation. Very professional and friendly, recommended to anyone in SA or nearby.
Our experience with this company has been excellent. The initial service from Daniel was great - he explained things clearly, didn't pressure us in any way and called back when he said he would.

The installation was booked in promptly and the installers were professional and efficient. Minh was particularly easy to work with and dedicated to ensuring we had had a positive experience. We had an issue with our inverter not connecting to our wifi but were able to rectify that quite easily with our internet provided. We also found an electrical fault during the installation. Minh returned the day after to check the issue and provide advice about how it should be resolved (the issue was already present before the installation, unbeknownst to us).

I would recommend gnr8nrg highly for service, timeliness and price.
Professional team and very clean and tidy installation.
Fantastic service from start to finish. Quality installation. Everything was perfect 10/10
Highly organized, knowledgeable, dependable, professional, courteous. Pleasure to deal with the Generate Energy (GNR8NRG) company, in December 18- January 2019. Excellent service provided. Thank you.
This company didn't just try to sell us a solar/battery system. Instead, they tailored a set up to suit our individual needs. We found other companies were reluctant to do this. The team at GNR8NRG were great to deal with. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 24-05-2018:

8 months later we asked Scott: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes, no problems.
Love the way I can monitor what is going on from my phone or webpage.
Installed 15 panels over three different roofing sections, 2 with high angle of slope. The installers were professional in their dealings with me and did an excellent job of the install. The system has been working successfully since installation and my first bill since the install was in fact a credit to my account. I can monitor to generation of the system and each panel using the solar edge (inverter) website. I can also download data from the website. Over the next year I should have collected sufficient information to assist me in calculating the cost/benefit of installing a battery.
By far, Generate Energy showed the most professionalism compared to the other installers I contacted. Daniel and his team, from the very beginning has been fantastic in answering my questions about the products they offered. I was very particular on what panels I wanted installed at my house. Daniel encouraged me to come into their shop to view the panels and inverters on offer to see them up close and get a better understanding of what they were selling. I ended up choosing LG 320W NeON2 All Black Solar Panels, SolarEdge Optimisers (P370) for each panel and SolarEdge 5kW HD Wave Inverter. The pure black panels are elegant, beautiful and aesthetically pleasing to see on my house.

They have been in the industry for a long time, giving me the reassurance that I needed. I highly recommend them.
Supplier and its personnel were quite helpful and gave me comparison data of various solar equipment in Australia. Recommended the top of the line and equipment was readily available from them and then installed within 2 days after payment and was installed before the Xmas season. I have been using the solar system and I love it... Great effort to the supportive team all working together to provide a positive customer experience.

I highly recommend this company.
The installation team were very efficient and professional.
Just one little gripe. Brick dust and moss from tiles were left behind. A blower vac would have made short work of them.

Jen in the office was very professional. However, she was hampered by the fact that the office emails were not being sent over a period of a week, which may have delayed the installation of the smart meter. However, the meter was put in earlier than expected so there was no hassle as it turned out.
We are so glad we chose Generate Energy! The whole team has been sensational! Right through from sales team, installers and after installation service! I highly recommend Generate Energy , what a great team! They have been fantastic to deal with and made everything easy to understand for us.

Original Review on 24-11-2017:

8 months later we asked Elena: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Definitely. Still very pleased with our solar install and its performance.