Goulburn Solar

Goulburn Solar Reviews

With over a decade of solar installations in Goulburn, we are your local solar professionals with 3 in house CEC Accredited installation teams, with dedicated servicing, support and monitoring for our customers.

Reviewers report paying: $8,000 - $8,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goulburn Solar Reviews (35)

Great People, Great Products, Great Service (Our Experience With Ground Mount Array + Battery Storage Install)

Despite some of the most difficult weather and ground conditions you can imagine, Goulburn Solar installed a ground mount array with Tesla Powerwall 2 battery storage for us here in Wamboin. They have helped us every step of the way from siting and design choices onwards. All our questions were answered and explanations as to workings given clearly. The system is running very well and with zero fuss or bother. We have also just received our owner's manual with all the relevant paperwork bound in. Extremely pleased with the level of service and professionalism. Thanks, Goulburn Solar!!

Goulburn Solar quote and installation

The whole process was thoroughly professional. I was advised of options by very knowledgeable and professional sales staff who carefully looked at my needs and quoted a system that exceeded my expectations when installed.

The installation team worked very hard in difficult conditions (heavy rain). Their enthusiasm, interest and professionalism were well beyond my expectations. All of the equipment they installed was high quality and well worth the cost.

I now have a brilliant off grid system that is just amazing. My thanks to a totally professional and dedicated team who went the extra. Goulburn solar come very highly commended!

Fantastic service, brilliant install

From start to finish the quote and detail from the panels to the invertor were made easy to understand and assisted with our choice.
The install was amazing from start to finish started when they said kept us informed as to what steps they were taking and why, no litter left behind left our premises as they found it .
Customer service was outstanding with follow up afterwards telling us where we were in the process with our provider,

Fantastic service and great team

These guys are the go to for your solar needs. They have great service, are friendly and are experts in the field. I cannot praise them enough for their friendly service.

Great from start to finish

After reviewing several solar companies I was left slightly confused with all of the conflicting sites etc, I organised time to meet with Ben at their display room and couldn't of had a better experience. Was all explained to me well and had all the information I required to make an informed decision. Without being pushy at all I was comfortable to make a decision straight away. Then the installers were great too! Josh, Gab and Corey all had to deal with my 2 kids asking 1 million questions over the day and were great, the system is perfectly fit to the roof design and the Sunpower panels look awesome. Gab ran me through the system and app so we were comfortable with how it all works. Rich and Stu were involved heavily on the install and happy to answer any questions and make sure everything went smoothly. I couldn't be happier with everything and it's great to have a locally installed and maintained solar system. 5 STARS!!

Excellent customer service

We found Goulburn Solar an excellent company to deal with. Very professional and knowledgeable. Would recommend them.

Great Solar System

Everything was well explained. We were given options to choose from.
The installation was done a friendly, professional team.
All follow up was taken care of.

Fantastic service, highly recommended.

Everything from the initial quote request to installation & final walk through was second to none.

The customer service was fantastic. No question was to difficult. Going above & beyond to ensure we received the best possible price.

The installation team was fantastic, arriving on time, finishing on time & our property was left neat & tidy.

We cannot recommend Goulburn Solar highly enough!

We wish we installed our solar system sooner! We love it that much! Thank you!

Roof top solar for local business

A very professional team of staff. Excellent communication, great product knowledge and very transparent with the wole process from quote to install to support following install.

Great reliable

We recieved what was ordered, on time and great guys who installed our unit. Bit dissapointed that when we discussed quote and site visit we were asked if we wanted to keep track of our solar on phones/computer and the cost was a additional approx $700. When they installed it the installer said if we had internet service in Garage we could just upload a app and wouldnt cost a thing.

A Local Outfit with Customer’s Interests #1 Priority

‘Bit of a mine field when first considering Solar installation however Goulburn Solar made it very easy, even for the least tech savvy layperson to navigate through the process.
Goulburn Solar quote and design a solar package specifically to your home maximising solar harvest.
They invite you to and are happy to listen and answer any questions through the entire process.
The operational team are well presented, professional and are meticulous when it comes to installation.
Great local business and a pleasure to deal with.
And needless to say, the savings in electricity costs is remarkable.

Great value solar

Terrific service and easy to talk to. Great value and fast instalment. Recommend to anyone who is in the area.

Excellent Customer Service

The team were very thorough during our initial appointment. They were very informative, honest and forthcoming with all information.
The installation team were very friendly and professional. They arrived on time, worked under difficult weather conditions and returned as promised the next day to complete the job. The team not only installed the panels they carried out a switchboard upgrade.
We had a follow up call to check that our grid connection was uncomplicated and to ensure we were happy with the service.
We feel confident with the warranties provided and there were no hidden costs.
A very straightforward and positive experience.

Fantastic. Operating well above expectations. Very efficient installation. Monitoring easy go me.

Very efficient quoting. Installed and operational in a day. Workmen polite and careful to explain the system patiently so I am confident with it. Cleaned up their work area thoroughly. I appreciated several phone calls to check all was operating well.

They made everything so easy

Right from the start they were very helpful, they kept us informed on all stages. They arrived as scheduled for installation of the system and helped with grid installation.

Professional, Ethically-Motivated Company.

Sales process was the most informative and economical of the 4 companies we made enquiries to.
The installation was seamless. The gentlemen were punctual and polite and were happy to answer our questions. They even tidied-up a couple of tiles on our roof that had gone a bit wayward!
There was no evidence left that tradesmen had even been there...except for the panels of course!!
Goulburn Solar did all connections and gave sound advice.
We were referred to Goulburn Solar by some friends who were also very happy with their system. Win, win!

Original Review on 12-03-2020:

Goulburn Solar and The Hall's

Evert thing was GREAT Solar Quotes and Goulburn Solar service and all round nice people Original ratings

8 months later we asked Brent: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All Good

Fantastic experience

From the initial quote to the install and after service, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They helped us with everything from deciding which system to choose, to helping connect to the grid. Our need for solar was to save money, this has definitely happened. During our initial meeting, we were told how much we could expect to save on our electricity bill by having the solar system installed. We were complete newbies to the solar world so took a chance with this company and am so thankful that we did. Our bills are a quarter of what they once were, my husband particularly enjoys watching how much we are making/saving on the app! Goulburn Solar arrived when they said they would, completed the job when they said they would and were extremely respectful of our property. It's been a couple of years since install and the system has pretty much paid for itself with the amount we have saved on our electricity bill. The aftercare and customer service from Goulburn Solar is also still ongoing, with them checking in if they notice any issues that may affect us. I have recommended Goulburn Solar to family and friends and would happily continue to do so.

Highly Commended - Fantastic Team Effort

From initial inquiry to completion, the staff at Goulburn Solar were passionate, professional, knowledgeable and courteous.

This professionalism started with patiently discussing our initial inquiries about solar cost benefits and equipment options & costs.

The installation process, despite rain delays, was considered, efficient, timely and reflected the best examples of 'tradesman-like' work.

The commissioning, user instruction and handover was handled with patience and passion.

We are delighted to recommend Goulburn Solar for your next solar project

Quality Regional Provider

Sales and service were outstanding. I was provided with all of the relevant information I needed to make my choices. The installation was so much easier than I expected and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Goulburn Solar

Awesome to deal with!!

Awesome to deal with, very professional and the system is a very high quality.

First class.

The whole process from quote, installation and follow up was extremely professional. The system has been in operation since April 2018 without a problem,couldn't be happier with the system,service and staff.Would not hesitate recommending Goulburn Solar to anyone contemplating investing in a solar system.

Eddie Hamilton

These guys know what they're talking about

The best decision we made when building our house was choosing Goulburn Solar. Stuart and Phil really know what they are talking about. There is no big sales push, just a team of experts finding the best solution and laying out the options. From quote to installation and now over a year later the service is still 100%. We couldn't be happier.

Professional and Honest Local Company

The Team at Goulburn Solar Brokers are the real deal, they installed a large system at my Business and at my home and 3 years later it continues to exceed expectations. They took the time to review our needs, explain all that would benefit us financially and the excellent service didn’t finish once the system was installed, they continued to review the performance to ensure what they sold was doing what they said it would.

Excellent service and results!

I can highly recommend the work of Stuart and his team at Goulburn Solar, based on work they did for me and an installation at my parents'. They did a brilliant job on the installation, and were fast, tidy, professional. They were clear about the whole process and assisted in grid connection and everything that was additionally needed. They also did a great job of a full meter board upgrade, and installation of our Catch Hot Water system. I've been very happy with the results and any follow up questions that I have had since then, and I know that my parents' feel the same way about their installation.

Highly Professional team

The team at Goulburn Solar were very professional from the time of Gabby doing the quote to the installation and after service advise etc , the main focus of Goulburn Solar are local service which they delivered in spades ! always on time . the boys doing the installation took great care , were polite , workmanship was first rate, they take pride in their work and it shows. Goulburn Solar was not the cheapest but the quality of there products and their service is well worth the extra , a few little problems after the install due to software up grades , but Stuart was always there straight away to fix any problems, again that's why I buy local. I highly recommend Goulburn Solar to anyone looking for a top notch system installed by pure professionals. cheers James

Highly recommended local business

We followed up a number of highly positive recommendations from very satisfied customers of Goulburn Solar. We had installed a 5.67 kW system on our business premises. At all stages of the sales and installation processes, Stu and his team were highly professional and reliable. The obvious passion for what they do was an added bonus. The quality of available photovoltaic cells and inverters was clearly explained, and any questions that arose at any stage of the installation were always promptly answered. The ease of communication at all stages was greatly appreciated: we were always notified in plenty of time when different aspects of the work was to be performed. To minimise disruption to our business, the work that necessitated the power to be cut off was carried out on a Saturday. The whole installation process went so smoothly.
After installation Stu organised for the grid connection to be set up. We were even provided with a timeline in which the subsequent processes took place, and who we could contact if the connection exceeded a reasonable length of time.
The customer service we received throughout was exemplary. We would not hesitate to recommend Goulburn Solar.

Top quality local business!

We recently had a substantial system installed on our property by Goulburn Solar and the quality and service was outstanding. Right from the initial quote Phil and his team acted with the utmost professionalism and it is clear they are experts in their field. The follow up service has been flawless – they are proactive in making sure the system is running at optimum levels and have always been prompt and responsive to any questions. We highly recommend Goulburn Solar to anyone looking for a top notch system installed by pure professionals.

Top Installer. period

Quality Hardware, Quality Job and the best after sales service. Knowing that there is support after the job is done is very valuable.
I would highly recommend Phil and Stuart, leaves the big companies a long way behind.

Goulburn Solar great from day one

From day one when Goulburn Solar to see us at home to give us our quotation they were both thorough and professional. The installation was completed in a very clean, tidy and neat manner. Things were explained to us in a very clear and simple manner and when we forgot certain things they were more than happy to come back out to see us and explain all again. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody that are thinking of installing a Solar System. More than happy with the big reduction to our electricity bills.

Exceptional solar supplier. Highly recommended

Highly recommended solar supplier. Could not be more satisfied with sales and service. Stuart and Phil are very professional and we’re more than helpful throughout the whole process from quote to installation.

They were always on time and were available to answer questions at every point. Could not recommend Goulburn Solar more highly.

Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten

I had 2 systems install by Goulburn Solar first was a home unit 10kw in 2011 and the second unit was a 30kw unit for my business Signage One in 2012. I can't tell you just how good the service was and the way Stew and Phil were able to get this all done with no issues. Better still even months after they had completed the installs they still called around to check on the units and make sure they were working to the optimum performance and would do updates on software and keep me up today with how my systems were working. If you are in the market to get solar you will go a long way to find a better team the Stew and Phil they are local Goulburn people they know what there doing and are by far the most honest and reliable business people that I have had the pleasure to do business with. You can price shop "you get what you pay for" these guys don't install cheap crap that others do, and then pack up leave town and leave you with the mess, I know that they get calls all the time to come and fix someone else work. Do you self a favour remember Quality is long remembered long after price is forgotten.
Stew and Phil will be again installing a 3rd unit for me very soon and this time with a Telsa battery back up system.

Original Review on 10-10-2018:

Very knowledgable, honest and with a very good references from other local households. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Above and beyond!
I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. I attended an information night that they held, and asked for more information. The owner of the business came to my home, sat with me, and explained all the ins and outs of the systems, and looked at my energy bills for the last 12 months to try and match the size of the system to my needs. They were patient and very knowledgable. I selected the biggest system they suggested and we organised an install date. The team that came to do the install were well presented,polite, friendly and always accommodating. the communication throughout the project was first class, and they went above and beyond their remit. The explanation of the process all the way along was superb, at no time did i not understand what was happenning. The system was switched on a couple of weeks after install was finished, as the meter had to be changed over, and this was out of their control. In switching it on, they came back and walked me thorough the whole system, so that i understood it all. They have even been in touch several times since to make sure that i am happy with the system, and to see if i have any queries. Highly recommend Goulburn Solar. My advice, go with a local installer, they have 'skin in the game'.DO NOT EVER go with a company that calls you up, or doorknocks and tells you they can do it all, i have heard so many horror stories that the systems are too small, dont do what they promised, and their after sales service is non existant. None of this applies to Goulburn Solar. They came and explained it to me in simple language, the install was done on time, and the follow up service has been first class. I Highly recommend Goulburn Solar.
Went with a local who supports my footy club.