HDC Electrical and Solar

HDC Electrical and Solar Reviews

HDC Electrical & Solar has recently re-branded (formerly trading under the trading name HDC Solar Solutions
HDC Electrical & Solar are an experienced Electrical and Solar Installation business based in the Yarra Valley. We concentrate our efforts in the Eastern, Southeast and Peninsula areas. Being a small business,  our focus is 1 install per day - yours. We will happily compete to win your Solar installation and then be your local electrician for any additional electrical needs including Battery storage and EV connections.

Our experienced team of electricians have completed over 500 solar installs, working with commercial/residential companies and importantly will be on your roof on the day of installation.  HDC started installing Solar in 2017 after 10 years of working in the electrical industry.

Hugh looks after product and sales. He has been supported by Solar Quotes over the last 8 years. Expect a call immediately with a quote and a roof plan on the day of enquiry. Harriet & Renee are your experienced administration team supporting yourself and our guys on the roof.

HDC's competitive advantage is the use of premium products at a fair price. We will attempt to get you up the SolarQuotes quality scale as much as your budget allows. We are not aligned to any one particular product so are more than happy to compare product and prices or price match. Just ask and get what is best for you!

Reviewers report paying: $3,400 - $5,321 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

HDC Electrical and Solar Reviews (32)

Excellent Job, Stress Free.

The initial interaction with Hugh was excellent, we had an engaging conversation around the house, utilisation, etc to help right size and position a good fit. He offered ideas, thoughts and views on the industry which were relevant and helped make the decision easier. One thing he said early on was that everyone will offer much the same thing, for much the same price, and go with who you think will do the best job. This was pretty accurate as all the quotes we got were in the same ballpark, but didn't fill me with confidence like HDC did. After Cam came out to verify the quote, I felt very confident these guys knew what they were doing - and had no hesitation in giving them the job.

We were getting our roof repaired and painted before installing solar, and the weather wasn't too kind and we had to push our installation date back a few times. This was not an issue and Renee kept in contact so we could lock in the first available date once the roof was ready. Cam and the team were great, and installation went well. Everything was installed very quickly on the day. The guys were on time, professional, and respectful. We've had a few trades at the house recently and these guys were the best to deal with.

All the administration side was seamless, and minimal fuss from me. Communicated well with me, the power company and I really couldn't have asked for more. Would happily recommend these guys!

Competent professional service throughout

I carried out extensive research across a wide range of solar companies, and was very pleased to find and engage a capable and well informed small solar install company in our local Yarra Valley area.
HDC offer a prompt and personable service, and are very approachable to deal with, including flexibility in equipment selection. Their knowledge of the various systems is solid and it is evident that their goal is to achieve the best solution for their client's needs.

Our installation, its completion, and subsequent grid connection, together with the follow-up servicing maintenance by Redback has been efficient and effective.

Solar installation.

Great service on the installation and great follow up service.

Amazing Customer Service

I started talking to HDC when we were building the house. They gave me the information required to pre-wire, well before I had signed a contract. Although I obtained numerous other quotes, HDC Solar was a clear winner for me - price was equivalent to others, but customer service was well above any other solar installer I spoke to. It was a fantastic balance of speed and information - without the pushy salesperson that I found with some of the larger solar companies.

Install was great, they went beyond to make sure we had the system we wanted, and the solar install was extremely tidy. I got a full run-down of the system and felt confident it was installed correctly.

I highly recommend HDC Solar.

Thanks Jesicca, I generally find that clients (like you) know what they are looking for. Its just a question of finding the best fit of product and price.

Straight forward and no fuss

This was a real smooth process.
HDC proposed a system and after a few discussions and a site visit we decided on the placement of the panels and inverter.
The customer service was excellent. Everyone I dealt with were helpful and polite.
The installation work was good and tidied up afterwards. I was surprised how quick the installation was. All the paper work was handled by HDC.
Cannot complain about anything.

So far the system works quite well

No fuss throughout the process

Main reason we selected HDC was because they were slightly cheaper overall, and still provided excellent sales support. All three quotes were similar, and all three processes were very good, so it literally became a choice of taking a slightly cheaper quote.

That being said, the installation work after accepting the quote was also extremely good. We got treated as a client who wanted a prompt service, and we got slotted into their schedule very quickly and easily. There was no mucking around or unnecessary hold up.

Everything was installed well, tidied up afterward, and all the paperwork handled without much involvement from me. Cannot complain about anything! We paid for one of the best systems and got it.

Great sales and installation service and quality installation and parts

Very happy with the company from a sales, installation and services perspective. Would recommend.

Professional, Thorough, Friendly, Obliging

Very happy with the company we chose. All information on delivery and installation explained previously and all on time. All paperwork sent for rebates and completion to existing energy company.
Coming back at later date to map panels on app, after grid connection.

Excellent installation

We were very pleased with the quoting from Hugh. He answered all our questions clearly and satisfactorily Cam visited and explained the layout to our satisfaction. The instillation went extremely well seeing the weather was. The site was left spotless Would definitely use HDC again

Great Small Installer

Cameron knows what he's doing and was prepared to spend a lot of time explaining various systems and components, in order to help us to choose the best setup for our circumstances. We are very happy with our system, the quality of the work, and the quality of the components used.

Our installation took a single day and the team arrived promptly, caused minimal disruption to our routine, and by late afternoon we had a working system with all mess cleaned up.

Post-installation customer service has been excellent, with Cameron prepared to answer promptly a couple of queries we had. The system is functioning well and we are happy to recommend HDC Solar to future clients.

Helpful and flexible with design. Great value. Professional installation

Very happy with the whole process. Several phone calls with Hugh going over different design ideas, explaining how things work, exploring pros and cons and alternatives, quoting on a few systems to settle on a great outcome at a very nice price. No pressure, no stress, taking time to be helpful.

Installation was done promptly and professionally by Cam and his team of 3 - punctual, motivated, hard-working, friendly and with care, including complete clean-up. (And that's after coming from the far side of Melbourne and with strong winds and heavy rain forecast.) Replaced our ancient switchboard too.

Their service has always been helpful, friendly, quick and courteous. They have taken care of grid connections and everything else official that they are allowed to be, so there was very little that we needed to do.
We strongly recommend HDC for solar systems: some of the cheapest quotes for quality systems with brilliant service and professional installation.

(Today the electricity company started recording the power we put into the grid. A wet cold winter's day but still almost $2 earned, so that's a good start and Summer will be much better.)

Thanks Derek, and for the way you worked through the whole process. It takes 2.

A small business installer, hard working and committed to quality work

The sales/quoting process was really well done, they were detailed in their description and spent a lot of time answering my questions.

The installation was done on time and the installers were professional. Some rubbish left around the installation site (screws, metal bits, etc)

There were some issues with the installation but they came back straight away to remedy the issue. I really appreciated their swift response and thoroughness in insuring everything was working properly.

Would recommend them :)

Fantastic system and great company

Great company to deal with from start to completion. Very happy to recommend them to friends and family.

New solar rooftop system

Sales quoting process was thorough and well informed. But I didn’t realise my electricity charge would increase fro so ausnet and or origin without any consultation
The installation was efficient and tidy

Good system

Good customer service. Clean install. All working well. Took care of all admin with electricity retailer etc.

Quality installer

Hugh took the time to go through the quote with me after rounds of changes and comparisons. Cameron and the team were able to fit into my schedule and arrived on time, did a good job on the large installation which kept the boys busy all day. Small issues were quickly fixed by the team. Neat tidy, quick and efficient. Would use again, maybe one day for Battery. Highly Recommended.

Excellent provider

Good up front discussions, answered all our questions, flexible with changes and timing. Prompt responses to emails, thoughtful discussion around delivery, thorough pre and on site inspection beforehand. Painless installation with a thoughtful and focussed crew.

Pleased with the result

Options for the system were well described.
The installation went ahead without a hitch. There was some initial monitoring difficulty but that was resolved quickly.
Grid connection was straight forward and now we are saving heaps.

Highly recommended!!

I couldn't have been more happier from the very start with HDC Solar Solutions. Hugh was very helpful with the solar layout, very knowledgeable with the equipment and was very easy to deal with.

The install process was faultless. The team led by Cam were ran me through everything on the day before commencing work. The installed panels and inverter look nice and straight which is very important to me. The guys cleaned up all excess materials once finished.

The team did all the relevant paperwork to connect the solar system to the relevant companies which saved me a lot of time.

Thanks to the team at HDC Solar Solutions.

Very competent, efficient and knowledgeable up to date with emerging technologies

Following discussion as to our needs the quoting process ran smoothly. The Electrician followed up with a site visit and provided valuable contribution to helping establish our system to cover all our needs and additional capacity to support an electric vehicle in the longer term.

The installation was performed on time and within budget, providing us a total return on investment within 3 years, including the battery.
The installers were neat and tidy and they provided grid installation and app support.
We have recommended this organization to our friends

Ticked every box.

Friendly genuine service, competitive pricing, professional workmanship. Extremely happy. Thankyou Cameron, Hugh and Harriet. Highly recommend you. Great experience.

Awesome job

The entire process from start to finish was very well organised and executed. Extremely professional, punctual and spotless clean up. Great team of men working brilliant together. Highly recommended.

A good thing in lots of ways

Thanks Hugh for designing a fantastic system, fits our needs perfectly. Every one of the HDC team were great and did Fantastic job on the installation and all the paper work. Job Well done.

Great Experience

Well organised & planned. Support through application process. Installation went smoothly & panels working brilliantly. Only delay which was outside HDCs control, was inspection now taking 2 to 4 weeks.
Overall very pleased with result.

Excellent help, prompt service

All my questions were easily answered, no matter how trivial, and offered a good price. The job was booked in and the team arrived on time, did the job with minimal fuss, and cleaned up after themselves better than I've ever seen tradies do before. The system is doing what was promised. Very happy to recommend them.

Timely and tidy.

Cameron, Hugh, and Harriet have been lovely to deal with- it was easy to feel like they were actually listening to me. The install was earlier than expected, and so quick. They were the tidiest tradespeople I have ever seen! Followup has been great too. Thanks guys!

excellent customer service and quality of work.

Cameron is man of word. very smooth experience. his staffs were just best tradies. Highly recommended.
Great quality of work. punctual on job.

100% Recommend Cameron & HDC Electrical

I can highly recommend Cameron & HDC Electrical. Quality of workmanship, pricing and equipment and communication is something I can not fault.

Fantastic job and great to deal with!!

Quoting, installation and customer service all achieved with efficiency, punctuality and a human touch.

Great advice, great service and excellent value for money.

Cameron was a pleasure to deal with. In the quoting process, he listened to what we wanted, asked us important questions that we hadn't considered (I'd say we were pretty well informed), and wasn't selling us anything we weren't interested in - unlike some others, again a demonstration of listening!

He offered great value for money - he wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive, but he offered great service and advice, he is passionate about his own small business and local; all the things we should all support!

The team that came to do the install were friendly and courteous; importantly they turned up on time and communicated with us throughout the process. When the install was complete, the team helped us download the Enphase Enlighten app and showed us the features, explained the next steps and answered all of our questions.

I have recommended HDC to other friends and am confident they'll get the same level of service.

Great job guys!

Quality installation

On time, on budget and great communication. Would happily recommend Cameron and his team.

Original Review on 01-01-2019:

I would not hesitate to use HDC electrical again. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Toby: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very dissappointed in it over winter but that is due to trees causing shading and being in victoria we dont get much sun....they averaged around 6.5Kwh a day over winter from a 6.5Kw system. Now in early sept on a sunny day i am getting 25-27 kwh a day