• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

MC Electrical Reviews

About MC Electrical, Solar Installers

MC Solar and Electrical's motto is "We Know Solar".

Here is what they would like you to know about them:

• There are less than 50 CEC Approved Retailers in Australia. We're one of them!

• Over 7000 Solar installs since 2009. That's why we know solar!

• We don’t use sub-contractors. All installers are long term in-house trained employees.

• Our free onsite measure and quote (including SunEye reading) will ensure the best possible install.

• Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.

• Talk to our Consultant about Greenloans – the secret behind zero cost Solar.

• As Electrical contractors and Master Electricians, we can also assist you with general electrical work.

MC Electrical Solar Reviews

The people from MC Electrical did a great job. Not only did they optimally install my panels but replaced some dodgy roof tiles atop my very high roof. They also noticed that the 'earth peg?' for the house was degraded and sent someone round the next day to replace it ( at no cost, I might add). The person who quoted was the only person who physically inspected our hot water system and noted that it was very small and so would not be suitable for a timer. Otherwise someone in the house would be having cold showers! I am super impressed with MC Electrical.

I am also super impressed with Solar Quotes. We actually used a company called 3 Quotes initially, who ironically could only produce one quote. I found your guide to solar invaluable and reassuring, Finn. Many thanks.
The guys did a great job. Very happy. Show additional information
Great service and communication before, during and after the installation. Genuine people that seem to really understand and enjoy what they're doing. Show additional information
Highly recommend MC Electrical - the guys who installed our solar system were fantastic no question was too dumb or too stupid .. they explained everything from the moment they started to the moment they finished .. there was not 1 piece of rubbish left in the yard - they picked up and cleaned up everything from the tiniest zip tie to cardboard etc .. they made some recommendations such as cutting down the stink pipe on the toilet to avoid 'shade' over a panel ...

All in all these guys were so professional it was amazing!
The process was a pleasant experience, MC Electrical have employed good people and this is reflected in their approach to the way they do business. From the office staff to Stephan and his team of installers, we were informed of every step of the process including follow up.I highly recommend this Company. Show additional information
We installed a 5kw fronius inverter with 20 sunpower 327w panels recently and are very happy with the end result - the system is either meeting and exceeding the predicted output. We purchased the system through MC Electrical and the experience has been a very good one. Adrian, one of their solar consultants, was excellent, he gave us very detailed information about our different options, the pros and cons of going with different systems, and has been very responsive to the many questions we have had throughout the process, including post installation. The install itself went well and the crew were friendly and informative. We have since had two different groups of tradies up on our roof (for matters unrelated to the solar install) and they have both commented that the system looks like it has been installed very well. Overall very happy. Show additional information
First, this website is a fantastic resource. It was not easy choosing between the ultimate winner MC Electrical, and the second quote. There was a price difference, and the product offered was quite good for both. However, MC Electrical did display a slightly superior technical knowledge, and went a bit further with their installation quality guarantees (it was a good install, too, no hassles) plus follow up has been very very good. So in the end, if you want the extra service, you need to pay. If you want a solid system with less hand-holding, then the alternative company would have been fine. For us, - we are happy with the product we got, and think MC Electrical deserve their 5-star reputation in the market.

PS - we are happy for this review to be used on your website, just don't put my name online thank you.
MC Electrical has been excellent. The sales person, Adrian, knows his solar, always has time to explain if you have a question and is always contactable. The installation crew were here on time, did a wonderful job installing the solar panels, and explained how it all worked, leaving the premises neat and tidy. The whole experience has exceeded my expectations and the solar system is pumpimg out the KWh Got my first electricity bill since going solar and have reduced my bill from $900 a quarter to $195 a quarter. Highly recommend MC Electrical for a super solar installation. Show additional information
Well it was installed a couple of days ago but everything seems to have gone well and I'm hoping to reap the rewards with reduced costs and reducing the use of coal powered energy. Show additional information
Sales person was very informative.
Installers were very happy and friendly.
Good system with a good price.
They took the time to explain system and how it all worked. Impressed with their knowledge base.
Was done on the day requested.
Trouble free from start to finish they completed my order a few weeks earlier then the booked in date that made me very happy.The installation was very neat and professional. Adrian (rep) was always very easy to get in contact with and addressed my concerns promptly, and he is dedicated to his work. Show additional information
We contracted MC Electrical to install our solar system on a referral basis and are extremely happy. From the first phone call with Ben, it was easy to tell that the company and the people you deal with know the product well and are very professional. The installers were polite and went out of their way to ensure that the customer was satisfied. Show additional information
Don't forget the additional charge of getting your solar system connected to the grid! As this is not included in quotes and is charged directly through your electricity provider. Show additional information
I was a bit worried considering the number of offers out there and the possibility if getting ripped off, but MC were really honest and professional.
I recommend them without hesitation!
I have purchased a 6.6kw REC Twin Peak Panel system with a 5kw Fronius Inverter, but it is yet to be installed -install date is the 15th September so can update you better then on the installation experience. So far MC Electrical seem professional -the most out of the 3 quotes I had. I liked the amount and detail of information I was given by them -also the format, it is very easy to follow.
The 3 companies all quoted on different systems to a degree so you still had to dissect all the info and go with your gut -with the understanding that you had already culled out the cowboys. CSA also seemed very professional but much higher in price on their systems which generated roughly the same output.
The STC value dropped between first receiving the quote and my acceptance of it 3 weeks later -increasing the quote by $600? frpm $6500 to $7100 -including smart meter.
After using the solar quotes link I was looking at on Facebook, I entered my details and had 3 installers contact me. Adding to this I did my own research and had another company come to quote.

From these 4 companies only 2 offered to come out to my home and evaluate the roof space, access, size of solar system when looking at my previous bills.
MC electrical were one of the above mentioned companies, the way they explained things and answered all my questions ( I did a lot of online research to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible as you web page suggests) gave me enough confidence to proceed with their quote.

The System I chose was a 6.6kW- REC Twin Peak Split Array panel with Fronius Smart Meter.

MC Electrical turned up when they said with no hassle at all, unfortunately when the installers came to the site they came to me to say the panels won’t fit on the roof as per the overhead image that was supplied to me & had been shown. Thus resulting the panels being placed on the roof in a different position. (I wasn’t happy and did let them know straight away)

It was discovered that at about 2;30pm a large tree from our yard gave off a lot of shading across the back array of panels thus not giving us maximum benefit, MC Electrical offered to shift the panels back up the roof but doing this would mean to have them fit we would have lost 3 panels.

I made a suggestion that the tree be removed and leave the panels as they are, To give MC Electrical due credit they did just that in a very prompt and professional manner.

As the householder I would be more than happy to recommend MC Electrical for any solar needs.
I did my research to find out what type of panels / invertors etc was recommended by choice and various other organisations. In the end I got 5 quotes because I wanted to be sure I chose the right company for me since I was outlaying so many thousands of dollars.
It is a daunting task at first, but spending time researching the companies means you understand the solar power process a lot better and ultimately means you should be happy with your choice of companies.
Thanks to the helpful advice provided by Solar Quotes and the excellent service provided by MC Electrical, I am very satisfied with the solar panel solution that has been running at my house for 4 months now. The equipment has performed reliably and without fault since installation, and based on the extensive monitoring data that is available via the Fronius website, I am confident that my next power bill will be minimal.
MC Electrical have proven they are a quality company at every stage of the process. The sales/technical team (special thanks to Adrian) made sure they proposed a solution that included quality components, accounted for site-specific factors, and maximised the value of the investment. The installation team were professional, friendly, and left the site clean and tidy. And Adrian has been in regular contact since the installation to make sure that there no issues, to assist with any queries about the monitoring software, and to ensure that I am aware of any changes in tariffs that may impact the bottom line on the power bill.
MC Electrical have always been open to discuss any aspect of solar technology and how the solar industry operates. Most importantly they genuinely care about customer satisfaction.
We would highly recommend MC Electrical.They were awesome from start to finish. We had quite a few quotes and spoke to many sales reps from different companies but after reading Marks story on his website and having Nicole do a fantastic job explaining to us about the solar panels, inverters and installation we had a good feeling about Mc Electrical and chose them.Our solar was installed a couple of weeks earlier than planned and is now up and running.A big thank you to Steven,Shane and Brady who did a fantastic job on the install.5 stars from us for MC Electrical as we couldn't fault you. Very happy customers...Thank you Mick & Deb Show additional information
Face to face process with sales rep Adrian was most informative and gave a very high level of confidence in what we would be purchasing. The total service from order to implimentation was very professional and efficient. The information provided was excellent and post installation support very helpful. Would recommend to any prospective purchaser. Show additional information
Adrian from MC was terrific. The installation team was great and we are looking forward to enjoying our new system! Show additional information
Tow factors contributed to my decision to go solar, first: my first quarter bill which was 1300 AUD, Second: knowing that electricity prices are going up from 1st of July.
Solar quotes was perfect place to start from as I did not know anything about solar companies and manufacturers, this web site was very handy to learn about different solar panels and inverters as well as companies that are installing solar systems.
I choose MC electrical because their sales man Adrian was pretty convincing to start with, and then after seeing three different quotations I have done my own research on the web about solar panels and inverters, I reached the conclusion that the combination of (5kW Fronius Primo I.V. - 10 Year Warranty6.6 kW - 24 REC Twin Peak 275W Poly Panels - 25 Year linear warranty (2017), Radiant Rail for 24 panels - tile roof - 15 year warranty Installation Materials - 10 year workmanship warranty, 1 Phase Fronius Smart Meter)
is the right system for me.
Even though one company offered me 600 AUD lower price I still done it with MC electric for the quality information Adrian has given me and then the team who came to install the system completed the circle of quality were I found them professional and hassle free, they started by 7:30 AM and they were done by 2:00 PM

I would recommend every one to go solar and I would recommend this team to do it.
As I had an existing 1kW system the quote included removal of my old system. I am sure we discussed that they would take it all away. It was disappointing to find all the panels, rails and boxes in different areas of my back yard. When I phoned to request they comply with the agreement they reluctantly said they could drop by a few days later to pick up the panels. They never showed. Fortunately, my local tip will take panels for free into the recycling waste so I took them there, myself. Lucky we have a trailer but I would have expected better. Show additional information
Solar quotes has been a great site with lots of info to arm yourself about solar. I went with the 3 quotes and happy to report did get a response from all three.
We decided to go with MC Electrical as Adrian was great to talk to, happy to answer and questions we had, and with the feedback from solarquotes made the choice easy.
We unfortunately did have an issue with our inverter when it was installed, but Adrian and the techs as MC Electrical kept me up to date with the replacement, and if the replacement wasnt going to turn up in a timely manner, they were going to use one of their own stock. Have been really happy with their install and service. Also great to still chat to Adrian where he has an interest in getting the best out of our solar system, and even suggesting better power deals, etc.
Peter from MC Electrical made out experience very personal and the girls in the office were so friendly and helpful. The electricitians who attended and installed were very informative and helpful and the whole experience was professional. Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Show additional information
I had a good feeling about MC Electrical right from the start. The salesman was at a conference interstate when I requested a quote so was unable to visit. We chatted on the phone and of course he could see the satellite photo of my roof - lots of space, more or less north facing and nothing shading it so no tricky decisions to make.

A cancellation created an installation opportunity which I took to avoid a wait of a month or more. So the first time they saw the house was the morning they came to install the system. Every one was polite, friendly and professional - not a cowboy in sight! The main install was finished by the afternoon. Sparky needed to come back the following day to finish installing the smart meter and hot water relay.

Everything working perfectly. I am very pleased.
Prompt, informative, and regular communications. Show additional information
The whole experience from Adrian calling and explaining everything in great detail to providing optional Quotes & to The Electricity provider who best fits our needs, to the installation of the System by Steve & Dave which was done professionally and efficiently. The installation was thorough and then followed up by Adrian calling to make sure we were happy with the installation & explaining the monitoring of the system.
We would not hesitate in recommending M C SOLAR AND ELECTRICAL.
MC Electrical was recommended by a work colleague, thanks Mike! After checking the web, we arranged for a consultant to come out to our home. A great experience from the first contact with Adrian - excellent knowledge of all aspects of solar and assisted with how every aspect of our new system works, and his experience and knowledge made the choice of which system to install so easy. With the education given, we were confident that we had chosen the best system for our situation. Installation was completed much faster than we anticipated, workmanship excellent, and our property left tidy. It was great to hear Alan show pride in the excellence of his workmanship. Michael also went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met in the electrical areas.

Follow up from the office was excellent, as was the follow up from Adrian after installation was completed.

We're very happy with the service and product! ...Customer Service lives at MC Electrical !!
Quotes were great and informative. Salesman were very friendly. Very happy with our chosen system. Show additional information
Customer service has been excellent. Quick responses and knowledgeable about my installation and solar in general. Process of talking to Energex explained and what I need to do with my energy retailer to ensure a quick meter upgrade.

Installation was very clean and all rubbish was removed. Only issue was the oven did not work. After calling it was fixed the same day. I'd recommend they run through a checklist of circuits/appliances before closing up.

System has been working well and it's great to see our usage on the app and website.
The salesperson was very friendly and knowledgable - 5 stars.

Communication between order and installation was only average. There appears to be a communication issue between salesperson and installers as they were unaware of roof panel configuration agreed prior to install and other issues.

Installation was very average. Panels were misaligned between rows by 150mm for one string. This shows very sloppy installation care. Not impressed.

Instructions given by installer on operation of system were limited. Installer did not provide any guidance on web interface operation and was not aware that the customer could adjust settings such as for the smart relay on/off settings. Installer even entered name incorrectly into inverter name field (shows lack of care with details). Installer seemed to be in a rush to leave and did not check electrical operation prior to leaving. It was left to the customer to advise of fault which was however quickly rectified.

Installers cleaned up all mess prior to departure and left site neat.

System appears to be working OK, but overall experience is less than I expected give the number of positive reviews on this site.
Our household is a huge consumer of electricity having regularly had quarterly bills of around $2000. The MC Electrical representative did an excellent job of designing a system to meet our needs and showed superior knowledge to alternative providers that we obtain quotations from. The installation went very smoothly. The system has met design parameters. While I was extremely impressed in relation to the quotation process and installation process what has completely exceeded my expectations has been the after sales follow-up to ensure that we are receiving the maximum benefit from our system. I would thoroughly recommend MC Electrical as a solar provider. Show additional information
From start to finish, it was a totally positive experience. From the quote and information from Adrian, to the installation crew led by Michael, and again the follow up service from the office and Adrian again - really happy. The install was tidy, and done on time, and the boys were great on the day. Even now, Adrian occasionally call to let me know how the system is working and providing further advice. Would recommend to anyone out there looking at solar. Thanks. Show additional information
MC Electrical was awesome throughout the whole process. The system was explained to us very clearly so we knew what to expect from the very beginning. All our questions were answered no matter how simple or complex they were. Customer service was great. They actually called back when they said they would which I find a bit rare these days. The installation team was on time and were very easy to talk to and very polite which is always a plus. The quality of the build I would say is top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone. Show additional information
The whole experience was relatively painless - from the original meeting with the salesman through to the installation. I was impressed with the installation - the men turned up on time and completed the install with little fuss. At the completion the work site was almost spotless - no rubbish left behind. I was given a rundown on the operation of the various controls at the completion and advised of the remainder of the steps before the system is finally in use.
Most impressed.
Finn We have ordered the above system however it will not be installed until 8th June 2017 so I cannot fully complete your survey, however the response from MC Electrical so far has been very Prompt and Professional. Show additional information
Hassle free experience, great products and price . Would highly recomend MC Electrical Show additional information