MC Electrical

MC Electrical Reviews

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

MC Electrical Reviews (1230)

Company who love Solar

We talked to 6 different companies before choosing MC Electrical. There was a number of reasons for that.
Beginning with their website - it seems, Mark, the company owner, is a very knowledgeable and hands on engineer. The company has a very useful and informative (the industry wide) blog and YouTube channel about Solar. The depth of tests they do is quite impressive.
The sales person, Mark too (but different) is a great guy - knowledgeable and constructive. We felt he was just sharing with us his knowledge and passion about Solar.
The installers are quite awesome. During the pre-installation inspection the installer spent probably 1.5 hours on our roof, checking shading now and in the other seasons. We ended up reducing the number of panels by one to save our tree - the installer recommend it to us, as the panel wouldn't perform there anyway.
The system turned out a super neat. The installers paid attention to every detail. I'm actually proud to have such system on our house roof (especially looking at the other systems in my neighbourhood).
There are a couple more things I liked.. The "entry" option they have many companies sell as "premium". They just don't deal with stuff they can't vouch for. And the panels are the most recent revisions.
The system was not the cheapest on the market, but I really feel the value - it performs, I trust in it and I'm sure it is the best what I could get for the money.

Excellent service

The quoting process was very efficient and the consultant was very helpful. The installation team were friendly, quick and did a very good job. Very happy to recommend this firm

Super smooth install

Very smooth process all the way from quoting to installation and connection post-install. The process was clearly explained and every person we spoke to was polite and responsive to all my enquiries. Highly recommend MC Electrical for a solar install!

Good explanation of product offerings

Very good explanation of the choices on solar panel and inverter. Curved brackets to match Colorbond roofing panels were also a factor.

Quoting process was painless.

Installation was well executed, good communication during the day, the installers cleaned up after themselves.

Grid connection ongoing, awaiting reprogramming of the meter.

Awesome solar experience

From the initial quote through to installation and follow up, we have been very happy with MC Electrical.
Yorick who did our quote (provided 3 options for us) was very knowledgeable in explaining everything and helping us make an informed decision.
Ours was not a straightforward install due to complications of 2 houses on the property being converted over to run on one 11Kw (3 phase) system. This involved heaps backwards and forwards communication with Energex to get the meter box rewired and old meters replaced with new smart meters, prior to installation day.
The installation in April over 2 days ran smoothly - David and his team were fantastic. They were early, polite, informative of what was happening even moving a whirlybird on the day to allow a slight layout change to prevent shading. The installation looks great and the site was left clean and tidy. At the end of day 2 David explained fully the workings of the Fronius meter and made sure the Wi-Fi connection was working correctly.
A big thankyou to Shane (for especially dealing with Energex), Jem (also for dealing with Energex), Hannah, Kimberly and Jackson in the office. Everyone in the company is always friendly and helpful in dealing with telephone, email queries and the post service follow up, including the tracking of electricity bills and to the monitoring of system performance.
The system has worked perfectly for 6 months now and our Fronius monitoring data indicates the system is working well and in fact exceeding the original estimates.
We would highly recommend MC Electrical to anybody looking to get solar installed.

Great service.

Very helpful with my questions and meeting mt needs. Insulation on time on budget and looks great. Thank you.

Very professional and helpful

I am very impressed with MC Electrical as they were professional with their service and installation. Their web site is also very informative for those thinking about a solar system. I noted that they only offered quality components.
Their in-house team handled all aspects of the job; from roof tile replacements to TV antenna relocation/replacement and electricity plan recommendations.
My new solar system is performing well and they have been very helpful with any queries. I highly recommend their services.

A solar installer you can trust

I was very impressed with how the team at MC E electrical work seamlessly together to ensure that you’re well informed and that the installation is as easy as possible. I know I can confidently call at any time (which I have done) to ask questions. I was impressed by how well the initial quote was done - I felt well informed as everything was explained and broken down for ease of understanding.

Fabulous team.

Easy as to get quote as a few styles to select from.

Team were on time, so friendly and polite and no rubbish left, fantastic.

The team were excellent to help in any way possible as i had lots of questions, all worked perfectly.

You get what you pay for

I went way to far down the rabbit hole when looking for solar quotes but really happy I ended up with MC Electrical. I engaged them for a quote and site inspection which all went pretty quick and painless. Quote was more expensive than others on the market but customer reviews caused me to be willing to pay a little more for a better product. Too many installers coming in super cheap that disappear the moment warrantee claims start coming in. We set a cut off of companies being at least 5 years old. Another big part in the decision was using in house installers and not contracting out the installation.

After accepting the quote booking was made for the installation. All timelines were kept to and never had to follow up on anything. Information was given and dozens of follow up questions always answered patiently and thoroughly.

System has been running roughly a month and easily outperforming the estimates suppled in the quote. I can recommend them with a clean conscience.

Great from start to finish

Great from start to finish. They were super informative every step of the way and made the whole process super easy. I had solar installed and up and running 2.5 weeks after my quote. They delivered a good product for a great price with amazing service and from a company I feel I can trust to be around long enough to service any warranties. I'm a very happy customer!!!

Fantastic, knowledgable and supportive team

I honestly have to say that in a highly competitve sales-based industry, MC Electrial was amazing. I got 3 quotes from SolarQuotes and MC were the only one to make an onsite visit.

Prices and recommendations seem to be pretty similar and the reason I went with MC was because of their passion for Solar (as opposed to simpy selling me a system).

Every person I dealt with was responsible, knowledgable and respectful. Installing solar is a long term relationship so these telltale signs from the outset were important to me.

Great team. Really good experience.

Easy and reliable!

It’s was such a simple process with MC electrical. They came out to the house and really listened to our requirements. Customer service was outstanding and all follow up had been handled quickly and easily. Would definitely recommend to people considering solar.

Original Review on 27-09-2020:

All round experience

Our dealings with MC Electrical have been very good since the very first time we engaged with them through Solar Quotes. The Sales Rep was very knowledgeable and knew the solar business very well. He was not at all pushy and concentrated on the the products sold through his company and why they had selected these. They where always responsive to my questions as I worked with all three companies to make a determination as to which company to go with.

The installation went well although was a huge job and the team worked very hard to get it finished in the day. As we had previously had a solar system installed we were connected straight away so already taking advantage of the significantly increased performance of the new system.

12 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After having the system on the house for over a year now we continue to be very pleased with the performance of the system. Our electricity bills have reduced dramatically so while we still pay it is a very easy bill to deal with.

Original Review on 20-01-2021:

Very thorough company that really take their job serious and do a great job at it

The only company that showed me their brackets and how they install them and really took our house install requirements into account. Although they have a long lead time for install this shows the quality of their work as everyone wants to use them. Customer service so far (install in March 2021) has been great. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Cassandra: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are saving more now a year later then when it first got installed!

Original Review on 12-01-2021:

All the blokes were fantastic and so helpful as is the manager and staff of the company

The solar quotes from MC Electrical were extremely helpful through a long period from when I first contacted them in August last year. My partner died on 29th October from cancer and they were very helpful and understanding of my circumstances.. They provided three aerial photo's showing all the installation variations and possibilities
The installation went very well and yes they were all very polite, helpful,tidy and punctual. Two weeks before the installation they were suggesting it would happen in February 2021. A week later they rang back and said they could fit it in in December 2020 which I was very happy with.
They are now in the process of helping to organise the grid connection seeing that it was only installed on the 24th December 2020.
I could not be happier at this early stage with everything that M C Solar have done,exceptional.
And may I congratulate Finn Peacock on the services he provided as well.
NB. The system size is actually 6.4 W but that was not an option on your list.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, over and above my expectations. Extremely happy with the installers and the finished installation in every respect.

Total Professionalism

All 3 companies recommended by SolarQuotes were companies I could have dealt with and pricing all within the ballpark. The choice came down to a product preference and confidence built from post quote questioning and research into each organisation. MC Electrical's knowledge based approach (incl Mark's Blog ) was influential. I delayed the job while other works were completed on the property and during this period I interacted with my consultant with a heap of technical questions (probably to her chagrin): the response to these questions reinforced my confidence that I had made the right choice. The installation was carried out super professionally with a knowledgeable team that I was more than happy to be on the property. Post installation commissioning was also carried out professionally.

Job well done

They did a great job of installing the system and left the property clean and tidy
Had great communications and backup and would recommend them for future work
I will be recommending them to other friends and family

Surgical installation

Installed 13.2Kw Qcell duo G9+, Fronius Symo and Solar Analytics with full switchboard upgrade and relocated to inside of garage for the best protection from elements.

Sales and quoting process was nothing short of fantastic. As a customer I had many questions on email which was always answered often within an hour. Extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Installation team on the day arrived on time. I had requested additional electrical work with a new switchboard and the team stayed behind well after 5pm to make absolutely sure everything worked.

Work area was left in the same condition after completion and very tidy. The team work very well together, extremely high attention to detail and very friendly.

A big thank you to the video content from Solar Quotes and MC Electrical! Can’t wait for the savings to kick in. I am extremely happy I went with MC Electrical!

Solar Satisfaction

Transparent pricing is there on the website. They have great resources on their website to help with your solar knowledge. No hassle quotations and roof measure to ensure the design is right for your installation. All questions and queries answered promptly and alternate options discussed. Team polite and professional with a neat installation and followup. I liked the fact this company was local, committed to developing their employees, has been around for 10 years + and intends to be around for many more. We wanted a quality installation and have not been disappointed.

Meter changeout and grid connection by provider all occurred within 3 weeks. It was hassle free. You will not be disappointed if you choose MC Electrical.

Go MC

We found the quotation process easy and straightforward. Mark explained everything we needed to know and Ben crunched the numbers like a superhero. The installation was faultless - arriving at 0730, the guys were out of there by 1750. No mes, no fuss. Shane explained in detail how the system worked and what the next steps were. What more is there to say? The system is happily working away, converting those rays,

Good service

Fast quote. Very knowledgeable. Not yet installed but happy so far.

Top Class Solar Installer

MC Electrical are a friendly and professional company. From quoting to installation to grid connection to post sales follow up, they have supported us through the whole journey with top class service. They have an amazing team and I would recommend them to anyone interested in moving to solar power.

The easiest vendor of our build to deal with.

I am aware a lot of people are having trouble with their solar retailers. I suspect its the nature of the industry with its race to the bottom. MC Electrical were not the cheapest, but after some considered research they were chosen. Our new homestead build had its issues (mostly Covid related delays) however MC Electrical were the easiest of all the vendors to deal with. They took the time to do absolutely everything for me. Very sophisticated customer experience processes. Genuine 5 stars.

Great company to deal with.

MC Electrical was recommended by a friend and they did not disappoint. From the initial discussion on options through to the installation of the system and after sales service, the team at MC Electrical were professional and efficient.

Installers you can trust

Sales:
"Spotless" had time when ever I had questions and gave links for me to read so it wasn't just his word.

Installation:
"Spotless" Friendly team that didn't leave a trace of there work behind

Customer service:
Happy

Professional/ efficient service

The installation was done on time with no problems. The work performed was fully explained. The after installation service was very obliging to help us understand the operation of the system with the app.

Highly recommend professional company

Very professional service from quoting to installation and after sales service. Very happy customers.

Professional Company

The sales person was very informative, and helpful. While he did look at and consider the potential inverter positions, it would have been nice, if he walked around the house, rather than "google mapping" the solar panel positions. While the positions chosen are the most logical, additional work needs to be done now to remove trees.

Installers were polite and on time, and appear to have done a good job, and left next to no rubbish behind.

Grid connection is well under way, and has been a smooth process to date.

Really good installer and we're a pleasure to deal with.

A really good and competent installer for my Solar system, booked them after hearing good things from acquaintances and did not disappointment. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting solar.
On time, courteous and and great customer service both for sales and installation.

Great Service

Great service starting with a detailed, in person explanation of the various solar options and then a very professional, safe and efficient installation. Am an extremely happy customer.

Very happy Customers

Sales and quoting process was excellent. The information given to us helped to decide which system to choose was very good abs factual.
The installation was also excellent as was the grid connection.

We are very happy with the system that we chose we are generating more electricity than we use.

MC electrical were a little more expensive than other providers, however the whole process ran very smoothly. We had heard many horror stories from our friends who had installed their system with cheaper providers abs components

Totally satisfied

Quotation discussions, optimisations, installation - all went very well. Most informative and helpful of the companies that I had made initial contact. Panels are on three roof surfaces and orientations.

Professionalism and excellent customer service.

Dealing with MC Electrical was a good experience from the start to the finish. They deliver excellent, professional and personable service. The company is grounded in delivering top level products with great service values. I thoroughly recommend them.

Solar experience

Good quoting process.
Suneye assessment particularly valuable due to possible tree shade issues.
Prompt efficient installation.
Friendly efficient customer service. Grid connection smooth.

Highly recommend this company

Great before and after sales service. Professional installers and attentive to all questions. Great local service. High quality products.

Highly recommend MC Electrical

I had MC Electrical install a 10kw system after obtaining a few quotes and I found them to be very professional. The install process was smooth and of high quality. Ongoing support has been the big differentiator here. They followed up with phone calls and even checked how the system was functioning well after install. I’ve been firing off questions to them and they have been more than happy to help.

Highly recommend!! I wouldn’t use anyone else.

Cheers guys

Excellent from quote to completion

I have been a very satisfied customer of MC Electrical for over 4 years. During this time they have maintained and repaired an old system through the last years of its life and recently replaced this with an updated and vastly more efficient system.
At all stages I have found everyone in the team, from sales enquiries and accounts right through to installation and after sales, to be full of useful information on options, courteous and considerate and prompt and friendly.
Any work performed onsite has been professional with reliable outcomes and the site has been left thoroughly clean and tidy.
The grid connection has been seamless with help provided at every step.
I have, and will continue to, recommended MC Electrical to my family and friends.

Very happy with the service

We were very happy with MC Electrical. From the straight forward & transparent quoting process through to installation & their after sales service we found MC Electrical to be very helpful by making a point of always keeping us informed.

All their staff are professional, courteous & friendly & were a pleasure to deal with.

The sales/quote process was transparent ie not pushy but clear with costs & helpful in recommending the most appropriate system

Installation was performed without any issues & their post installation service is excellent (ie helping us get the best value from the energy retailer).

I have no hesitation in recommending MC Electrical for your Solar needs.

Great installer. Made the right choice.

We had MC Electrical instal our solar yesterday. They were on time, professional and did a quality instal just as expected. The sales person who came by to provide the quote was not trying to push a sale and was the most knowledgeable of all the sales people we had from other companies. Their pricing was also competitive compared to other top tier installers. We would highly recommend them.

Fantastic installer and staff from start to finish, team brilliant

From assistance first learning about different tech, through to instalation and post sales tweaks, the team at MC Electrical are fantastic. They have a passion for what they do and to know about different setups, instead of just trying to sell quick and cheap solutions.

Walking the Talk

Concise and factual information at every phase from initial inquiry through to commissioning and handover. All the staff at MC Electrical, the consultant, office admin support and the electricians were pleasant to deal with. The electricians arrived on schedule delivering a very tidy installation and cleaning up at the end of the job. Excellent after installation support in getting the online system monitoring established and assisting with grid connection. My system is performing as expected and I am very satisfied with the installation and MC Electrical.

Quality, Passionate and Knowledgeable Installer!

The whole team was so customer centric from start to finish, you could tell that they are passionate about the product and services they sell. Could not recommend MC Electrical highly enough!

Awesome job and after sales support!

Prices were upfront, everything went smooth and no complaints! Thanks

Our third home solar install with MC Solar

We've now used MC Solar for solar installation at our last three homes and their quality and customer service is always great !
We've continued to use MC Solar each time as we want a long term well researched and high quality solar system with long term support and warranties you can count on if needed.
They are also very accommodating with installation as we had to push the date back several times when our new house build kept being delayed. When it comes to installation, the MC Solar installation team are employees - not sub contractors - and are all very professional, informative and respectful of your home and ensure that the cabling between panels and inverter and meter box is very neat and unobtrusive.
The sales and after sales/customer support team are also very helpful and proactive to ensure you get the optimum results from your solar.
A great locally owned business to deal with !

Excellent reliable company

Happy from start to finish.
Yorick came to discuss our options and was very knowledgeable and gave good advice.
Installation was smooth - polite competent tradesmen.
And most importantly excellent post- installation support.
Was recommended by a friend who used them and was jot disappointed.
Thank you MC Electrical!

Best service and very high quality

Like others, I found the entire process extremely easy and professional with a high level of service and attention to detail.

While you may see their costs higher than some other advertisements, they will ensure your panels are installed properly and are of very high quality. The costs pay for themselves.

Everyone was very professional and polite and explained everything I needed to know.

I would highly recommend MC Electrical to anyone.

Great communication, efficient install.

Sales and quoting over xmas break was easy, done with email and images, several options considered and settled on a 10Kw system, Q cells + fronius

The installation in April went smoothly and on time with a crew who communicated well and go the job done. It was light rain on the day but this did not seem to be a problem for them.

Connection after was done easily and all was well with the current supplier (AGL) system works really well and daytime grid usage is practically zero. Exporting max to grid on sunny days.

Great team

From the initial quote wit Mark through to installation, the MC Electrical team have been fantastic to deal with. Any questions I had were answered promptly and nothing was a problem, highly recommend them if your looking to install solar.

You couldn't do better than go with MC Electrical

I had previously researched in depth solar retailers for a friend and suggested she go with MC Electrical after having met with their sales representative. My friend was delighted with her solar panels and installation. So when it became time for my son to have solar panels installed he went with MC Electrical as well and he was delighted with the service and product he received. Then our solar panels gave up after 9 years so we knew who we would get to replace our system - MC Electrical! Once again - fantastic service, fully explained procedure and the installation went like clockwork. The service from everyone at MC Electrical is professional. Everyone is an employee - no subcontractors. Office staff who call are pleasant and informative keeping you updated with everything. The electrician and their apprentices arrive at the appointed time and are polite and clean up after themselves.
They are not the cheapest but then as my husband says "you get what you pay for". Their product and service are worth any perceived additional cost.