MC Electrical

MC Electrical Reviews

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

Reviewers report paying: $6,100 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

MC Electrical Reviews (1268)

Definitely recommend!

Very easy from start to finish. It was a pleasure having the installers at my house. They were prompt, communicated very clearly and were respectful of the property leaving everything cleaner than when they arrived. Dealing with people from the office and getting quotes was very easy and everyone was lovely. I would recommend these guys for sure!

Fantastic team

Great team with fantastic customer service.
Installers were professional, polite and respectful.
Overall a great experience

Excellent work.

Attention to detail & quality of workmanship was outstanding. Extremely professional & courteous team.

Professional and Friendly, highly recommend

From the quote through to final installation, it was a pleasure dealing with MC Electrical. Everything was explained really well and quality of work was great. Definitely recommend giving MC Electrical a call for a quality system.

Professional, a pleasure to deal with

The field is confusing, but from the start, the emphasis was on the best information (including discussing options) rather than pursuing a sale. There were multiple site visits to ensure we got the best system for a complicated situation with lots of shade. Everyone was professional. It was a pleasure to interact with each person we met.

Impressive and informative before sales, reliable product and exceptional ongoing after sales customer service! Thankyou

All aspects of dealing with MC Electrical have been impressive.The before sales and quoting process was reliable, informative, friendly, supportive and collaborative to enable us to feel secure in making a well- informed decision. The price of the product was reasonably priced. The installation process was seamless. The installers were polite, punctual and tidy. The friendly and after sales customer service has been really appreciated to maximise getting the most from our solar panels.

Another aspect worth acknowledging is 2 years after first dealing with MC Electrical, we were still able to contact Trent. This inidicates to us we are working with a stable company who retains staff. Thankyou to each person on the MC Electrical team who have assisted us over the past 2.5years.

MC Electrical

I’m still early in the process as the panels have only gone on my property yesterday, but the presale work, the pre install liaison, the install itself and the immediate post-customer service care and attention have been flawless so far.

Excellent service

Very friendly, open & easy to deal with- from the initial contact right through to the installation & follow up check ins. Great service, great product & very happy with the results.

Amazing service from start to finish

MC Electrical were amazing to deal with from start to finish. They were prompt with providing an assessment & quote, took the time to answer questions, offer great systems & customised a package to meet our needs. The admin & office ladies were lovely & incredibly helpful with my questions & queries & regular with there communications so we knew what was going on throughout the process. Dates set for pre-install inspection & install were met. Panels look fantastic & invertor a treat. Everyone we dealt with was friendly, professional & very helpful. MC Electrical made everything simple & easy. Thank you to all involved.

Gave us confidence from beginning to end

We are very happy to recommend MC Electrical team after our recent purchase of a solar system. Our first contact was Yorick Mark who gave us recommendations on systems that would suit our needs/usage/roof space. His knowledge was impressive and he did a great job in educating us about solar systems. He provided the quotations promptly and followed up to answer our questions. He also offered a roof inspection prior to installation to check that all would go smoothly with the installation.

The installation team were great too. They were a really happy bunch of guys and we could see they were really efficient. The electrician, Michael Forrester, gave me a very comprehensive run through of the inverter which was easy to understand.

Following the installation, Hannah Smith provided information on getting our meter changed, setting up the inverter and logging in to the monitoring system.

We had put off getting solar installed as we are not "technically minded" and were unsure how we could make a good decision on which company to choose - we know there are so many dodgy operators. We are so happy that we have finally got a system in place that is performing as expected and that we chose MC Electrical who provided such great service.

Thanks to all.

Very happy with my choice

I chose MC Electrical as it was rated as a platinum installer on an independent review site. It was more expensive than others but I was happy to pay extra for the peace of mind knowing I was getting quality products and installation and the company would still be trading down the track. I’m really happy with the system.

Honest, reliable and well priced

The guys at MC gave been great to deal with from quoting to install to in-service.
They probably could have upsold me but advised against given my situation. Install went pretty quickly and smoothly.

Great company to deal with!

I requested a quote for a solar system through SolarQuotes. I was contacted straight away to organise an in face meeting to provide a quote. Nicole, who provided the quote was friendly, informative and passionate about solar. She was able to answer all of my questions and explain it in a way I understood, having no prior understanding of how any of it works.

We proceeded with the quote and were given a timeline for how everything would occur. Everything went to schedule, it was a very easy process. The installation was done within about 8 hours and there were no issues. Everything looks neat and tidy. The electricians were friendly and gave us a run down of how everything worked when the installation was complete.
MC Electrical have since organised the upgrade of our meter and it is all running well.

We are very happy with the service as we haven't had to do anything and everything occurred according to the schedule given to us at the time of quotation. I wish more businesses had the systems and processes this business has to deliver a great product and customer service.

Efficient, high quality service

Quoting was clear and comprehensive. Instalation went very smothly.
Customer service was excellent

Original Review on 02-06-2021:

Professional from start to finish

Customer service was great all the way though the sales process, which unfortunately seems to be a rarity in Australia these days. The installers arrived and were friendly, efficient and informative. Quality install. These guys take pride in what they are doing. Very happy with my choice and would highly recommend MC Electrical. Original ratings

10 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. We just got a bill for the whole year(delayed for tariff changes apparently), and it was $600. This considering we only had the solar installed and working for three QTRS. Our normal bill without solar has been $500 per QTR in previous house without ducted aircon. Very happy with savings. Cheers PC

Professionals

Explained everything in great detail. Took us through step by step process. Professional and updated us on progress. Tidy, informative. Would highly recommend.

Quality Parts, Quality Installation, Quality People

I can't say a bad word about MC Electrical and Solar. From the moment Yorick came out to quote the job and gave me all the right information to work out what option was the best for me, to Hannah and Kimberly who kept me up to date with all the paperwork, and then to the guys that came out and installed the new inverter to our old panels and the new system they have been fantastic to work with. I would not hesitate to refer them they made the mission to get our old system repaired and new system added a simple one.
Thank you MC Electrical and Solar.

Solar installation

When first looking into solar we had a few companies come out but not very helpful.. So called Mc Electrical Trent came out and explained everything in detail from the products they use to how solar works. Once we decided to go ahead the communication was awesome and guidence into finance too. Hannah and Jackson were also great. The installation went smoothly with no problems. So far after 8mths it is still working great and we are saving on our power..

Excellent company

From start to finish the whole team at MC electrical have been great to deal with. If you are looking for solar I would definitely give this company a ring……can’t recommend them highly enough.

Great service, knowledgeable and skilled.

Quoting was very thorough and the site visit with shading measurements was a great service and above and beyond what other businesses were offering. Knowledgeable and great advice, I didn’t feel like just another standard quote like I received from other businesses. Customer service was always excellent. The installers were prompt and professional and the install looks great. They identified an issue with shading in a corner of a panel that could cause hot spot issues and discussed with me moving it to avoid the issue. They weren’t just installing the panels without thinking. A true custom solution from start to finish. Check-ins at 6 weeks and 6 months still to come which gives confidence.

Very impressive service

From the quoting done by Jaime , to the install and the follow up service MC Electrical have been great. They have worked in with my roofing refurb schedule, and have been very helpful - even coming back to repaid a tile the roofing company left cracked.
Am more than happy with the panels and inverter provided. Have high quality Sunpower Maxeon 3 panels, and Fronius GEN 24 inverter. Radiant Railing for the panels - all top quality materials.
The installation team were extremely good - had the footings for the panels installed prior to the roof refurb, so that the new paint job would not be too disturbed by the panel install. Team of 3 on the day for the panel and inverter install - all very professional and helpful. Complete clean up when the job was done, and they explained the next steps clearly. Also showed me the pic of the cracked tile they had found when they first arrived, and sent someone back to seal it even though it was not their break. They organised the grid coonection - Am currently waiting for meter to be replaced and then I am solar!
Would highly recommend MC Electrical - they are not the cheapest - but after extensive research I am confident that I have the best quality I can afford and have paid a fair price for that.

Outstanding workmanship

Had some issues with the elements due to our windy location but the guys finished the job 2 days later. Did everything they could to conceal the wiring where possible.

Mark, Winston and Hannah we always amazing to deal with pre install.

Tops Installer, Great Sales and Support

Felt like the casual sales person was great. They were proud of their service and product not to mention safety. They were believable and had the examples to back it.
The installers were great ona difficult roof. System performing well. seeing returns already. Ontime with good comms.

Look no further

Cannot recommend this company more highly everyone purely professional excellent service all round

Highly recommended

I can highly recommend MC Electrical for any solar installation. From the sales staff to the installation and post install support they have proven to be a great choice.

The sales member was punctual and attentive and able to explain both my options and a technical details in a friendly and helpful manner.

The installation team did an amazing job. We were very concerned about the aesthetic‘s of the system and they I did a great job of minimising the visual inImpact from the street of the whole system. They were friendly and efficient and worked hard.

We have also been very impressed by the post install follow-up support and have found all the staff very willing to answer questions and provide assistance when needed.

We definitely feel we made the right choice in going with MC electrical.

Quality services

MC demonstrated they are a really quality company. Took time to get our installation absolutely right. Courteous communication and follow up

Great service, great quality, great workmanship

Sales guy was clear and not pushy and gave us plenty to think about while also quick to return to us with our questions. Installation was easy with no fuss and looks good. After service has be excellent and even had the sales guy contact us to see how it all went. Overall great experience

Service and quality outstanding

These guys installed on time and delivered everything and more!
The team really excelled with my instal, knowing that terracotta tiles are not easy to work with, but these guys were real professionals. The whole team worked really well together from sales, check measure, instal and after sales support.

I've used a lot of contract teams in the past, but none as good as these guys. Like a well-oiled machine... just purring along. I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting a solar system for their home.
Thanks heaps for your professionalism, support and neat job.

Amazing service highly recommended

An amazing company from the quoting process through to installation, very professional and communication was fantastic. I would highly recommend mc electrical.

Great communication, installation was awesome

Quote process was very good and informative.
Installation was courteous and quiet. On time and worked in fluctuating weather conditions.

Exemplary Service and Support

MC Electrical quoted in a professional manner, giving options and alternatives for a system to suit my needs. They’re installation was prompt and and clean, and tidy. Joshua Stephen and his team did a great install. His educational run-through with the product was clear and easy to understand.

I emphasise if you need solar - you need MC Electrical.

Great installers and value for money

Mark came out to quote and go through options. Was helpful in explaining all the options and even mixing and matching inverters and panels to get what I wanted and value for money.

Installers were on time and went about their business really well. Kept me informed of anything they were doing eg prior to power shut down and switching back on.

After service has been great, received a call the next day to go through any questions and get the monitoring account set up.

Just good people

I engaged with MC electrical to install a solar system which would meet the needs of our property. They didn’t try any fancy sales techniques or push expensive brands. They offered me products that they have thoroughly tested and trust. Gave me a variety of options with each options having its own advantages.

The team that installed my system were professional, polite and all their work was neat and tidy. The team leader explained everything to me after the install and I felt comfortable with the rest of the process.

Fantastic after sales

When spending the extra money with this company it’s reassuring that they back it up with providing great service all the way through , even when they’ve got your money they continue with outstanding after sales service

Personal Service

Very good discussion with the only service provider that made a presale visit to discuss options. Good quality product delivered on time with friendly installers. Highly recommended

Excellent work from MC Electrical

It was an excellent journey from the start of the quoting process, installation, customer services. It was perfect.
Thank you very much for the great services.

Great company to deal with

From quote to installation, we found that MC Electrical were professional and very easy to deal with. Yorick, Ryan and Joshua kept us informed at all times and were happy to answer our numerous questions throughout the process. The team were on site when scheduled, and did the job with minimum fuss. I would highly recommend MC Electrical to anyone looking at solar installation.

Fantastic and easy to deal with

Very smooth sales and quote process, easy to understand and always available for questions. Installers were very friendly, punctual and happy to talk through the process. Customer service is above and beyond, always available for questions and providing easy to understand step by step instructions on how to get everything connected.

Interesting Quotes

Installation is booked in for 6th December. Both MC Electrical and SAE group were good to deal with. MC came back with the best price for the system and also had a salesperson come out and do a site inspection and explain the options which gave me more options to consider. Only issue I've had with MC Electrical is that they didn't contact me to do the follow up site visit so I ended up chasing that up myself. Apart from that, they have been great. SAE were good to deal with too and wouldn't have any hesitation recommending them. Didn't seem to get any contact from Scholz which I am aware of and funnily enough they are just located in the next suburb over.

Company who love Solar

We talked to 6 different companies before choosing MC Electrical. There was a number of reasons for that.
Beginning with their website - it seems, Mark, the company owner, is a very knowledgeable and hands on engineer. The company has a very useful and informative (the industry wide) blog and YouTube channel about Solar. The depth of tests they do is quite impressive.
The sales person, Mark too (but different) is a great guy - knowledgeable and constructive. We felt he was just sharing with us his knowledge and passion about Solar.
The installers are quite awesome. During the pre-installation inspection the installer spent probably 1.5 hours on our roof, checking shading now and in the other seasons. We ended up reducing the number of panels by one to save our tree - the installer recommend it to us, as the panel wouldn't perform there anyway.
The system turned out a super neat. The installers paid attention to every detail. I'm actually proud to have such system on our house roof (especially looking at the other systems in my neighbourhood).
There are a couple more things I liked.. The "entry" option they have many companies sell as "premium". They just don't deal with stuff they can't vouch for. And the panels are the most recent revisions.
The system was not the cheapest on the market, but I really feel the value - it performs, I trust in it and I'm sure it is the best what I could get for the money.

Excellent service

The quoting process was very efficient and the consultant was very helpful. The installation team were friendly, quick and did a very good job. Very happy to recommend this firm

Super smooth install

Very smooth process all the way from quoting to installation and connection post-install. The process was clearly explained and every person we spoke to was polite and responsive to all my enquiries. Highly recommend MC Electrical for a solar install!

Good explanation of product offerings

Very good explanation of the choices on solar panel and inverter. Curved brackets to match Colorbond roofing panels were also a factor.

Quoting process was painless.

Installation was well executed, good communication during the day, the installers cleaned up after themselves.

Grid connection ongoing, awaiting reprogramming of the meter.

Awesome solar experience

From the initial quote through to installation and follow up, we have been very happy with MC Electrical.
Yorick who did our quote (provided 3 options for us) was very knowledgeable in explaining everything and helping us make an informed decision.
Ours was not a straightforward install due to complications of 2 houses on the property being converted over to run on one 11Kw (3 phase) system. This involved heaps backwards and forwards communication with Energex to get the meter box rewired and old meters replaced with new smart meters, prior to installation day.
The installation in April over 2 days ran smoothly - David and his team were fantastic. They were early, polite, informative of what was happening even moving a whirlybird on the day to allow a slight layout change to prevent shading. The installation looks great and the site was left clean and tidy. At the end of day 2 David explained fully the workings of the Fronius meter and made sure the Wi-Fi connection was working correctly.
A big thankyou to Shane (for especially dealing with Energex), Jem (also for dealing with Energex), Hannah, Kimberly and Jackson in the office. Everyone in the company is always friendly and helpful in dealing with telephone, email queries and the post service follow up, including the tracking of electricity bills and to the monitoring of system performance.
The system has worked perfectly for 6 months now and our Fronius monitoring data indicates the system is working well and in fact exceeding the original estimates.
We would highly recommend MC Electrical to anybody looking to get solar installed.

Great service.

Very helpful with my questions and meeting mt needs. Insulation on time on budget and looks great. Thank you.

Very professional and helpful

I am very impressed with MC Electrical as they were professional with their service and installation. Their web site is also very informative for those thinking about a solar system. I noted that they only offered quality components.
Their in-house team handled all aspects of the job; from roof tile replacements to TV antenna relocation/replacement and electricity plan recommendations.
My new solar system is performing well and they have been very helpful with any queries. I highly recommend their services.

A solar installer you can trust

I was very impressed with how the team at MC E electrical work seamlessly together to ensure that you’re well informed and that the installation is as easy as possible. I know I can confidently call at any time (which I have done) to ask questions. I was impressed by how well the initial quote was done - I felt well informed as everything was explained and broken down for ease of understanding.

Fabulous team.

Easy as to get quote as a few styles to select from.

Team were on time, so friendly and polite and no rubbish left, fantastic.

The team were excellent to help in any way possible as i had lots of questions, all worked perfectly.

You get what you pay for

I went way to far down the rabbit hole when looking for solar quotes but really happy I ended up with MC Electrical. I engaged them for a quote and site inspection which all went pretty quick and painless. Quote was more expensive than others on the market but customer reviews caused me to be willing to pay a little more for a better product. Too many installers coming in super cheap that disappear the moment warrantee claims start coming in. We set a cut off of companies being at least 5 years old. Another big part in the decision was using in house installers and not contracting out the installation.

After accepting the quote booking was made for the installation. All timelines were kept to and never had to follow up on anything. Information was given and dozens of follow up questions always answered patiently and thoroughly.

System has been running roughly a month and easily outperforming the estimates suppled in the quote. I can recommend them with a clean conscience.

Great from start to finish

Great from start to finish. They were super informative every step of the way and made the whole process super easy. I had solar installed and up and running 2.5 weeks after my quote. They delivered a good product for a great price with amazing service and from a company I feel I can trust to be around long enough to service any warranties. I'm a very happy customer!!!