MC Electrical Reviews

About MC Electrical, Solar Installers

MC Electrical
Platinum Partner
MC Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 23 108 903 807  ABN active since 18 Mar 2010 | The Trustee For The Cavanagh Family Trust
ACN: 142 653 843  ACN active since 18 Mar 2010 | Mc Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 72319 Mc Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd Atf The Cavanagh Family Trust

Reviewers report paying: $5,300 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

MC Electrical Solar Reviews

Absolutely recommend MC electrical all around a faboulous job & great value

The sales process was so simple and easy, Trent was great at explaining everything that we asked. The installation went to plan, they were polite, tidy and on time.
I can speak very highly of the customer service, as it was faboulous, they helped us to find the right energy company and even when we needed help just starting up the system, they were more than happy to help us.

Excellent

M C Electrical was perfect from start to finish
even after sales and installation has been great.
they were very professional, and cleaned up after the install.

3 month review after the installation

Q. How was the sales/quoting process?
A. MCElectrical sent someone here and do a proper consultation and measurement. it looks professional. we got best results.

Q.How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?
A. they are very kind and polite

Q. How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?
A. Yes, MCElectrical helped organize the grid connection after the install and they even followed up few month later to check how things are going.

Professional Solar Company

A very professional company from the beginning to end. Quote is done via a site visit so you know that the price is not going to change. Where MCE were in doubt of how much effort would be required, they sent the electrician who would do the installation to confirm.
Installation was tidy, punctual. The team are very professional and are willing to answer questions and explain things.
Customer service is very timely as well.

Excellent up to the installation phase and I am sure similar service can be expected in the future as well.

Wonderful experience with MC Electrical

I will have no hesitance to recommend MC Electrical for residential solar project for their excellent work done to my 8.4 kw system. The nice consultant provided comprehensive and objective information which helped me to find the right solution, the price is competitive within similar systems from various quotes I've got from other vendors and I am also very happy with the entire installation process that installers are punctual, extremely polite, detail in communications, the left the job site clean.

I won't be able to give objective rates for 'value for money' and 'quality of system' since they would take time to prove while for 'installation' and 'customer service', certainly 5 stars.

trustworthy solar installer

I was really happy with the MC Solar team. It wasn't an easy install because of the house, but they were excellent at problem solving and making it a smooth, hassle free process. i would be happy to recommend them to anyone...and have! Show additional information

Perfect company, perfect installation

From start to finish has been an excellent experience. I'm an Electronic Security Technician that deals with other trades on a regular bases. Seeing first hand how inexperienced companies, installing the best product but failing to have a service department or, after installation service can become a nightmare.

That can also go the other way best company installing inferior products.
I spent a huge amount of time selecting both panels and inverters to find what was best for my situation. Followed by extensive research on the right company.

I was pleased with what I found on the MC Electrical website. Mark's blogs, a wealth of information, Staff profiles. A company that looks like it invests in the training and knowledge of their staff.

The quoting process was perfect, very accommodating to changes and design layout.

Office staff that are extremely helpful.
The install team couldn't have been any better. We have a character Queenslander that had an ugly switchboard mounted on the front of the house. They asked for input on location of new panel. Any modifications and changes were discussed prior to implementation.

All works were done to relevant standards. They didn't take shortcuts when they upgraded switchboard and added rcbo's to all circuits. They did proper safety testing of power outlets. Added junction boxes and rectified safety violations of previous electricians.

With such a large and long term investment. I wouldn't use anyone else

Great experience. Highly recommended

The sales/quote process was very thorough but not overwhelming. Everything was explained really well, so by the end of the process there were no surprises. Installation went very well also. No property damage or mess left behind and they arrived on time. All through the process the staff in the office and the guys doing the installation answered all our questions and were very helpful. Show additional information

A1 installer

They exceeded our expectations. They did everything they said they were going to do and more.
Their service, workmanship and timeliness was A1.
I couldn’t fault them

Best experience!

From the start dealing with MC Electric was so easy. Michelle was professional and very helpful through the quote process, no hard sell. And the rest of the team were great too! Nothing was too much trouble, the installers were friendly and professional. Follow up with office staff was great too, even after install. Very happy. Show additional information

Fabulous Company

This is the most professional company I have ever dealt with. Sales was very professional and helpful - not pushy at all. Information on progress of solar installation was almost daily and information provided so helpful.
Electricians arrived promptly on the date provided and on time for installation. Very neat, tidy and polite young men. Used all safety equipment while on my roof. Explained fully the workings of the Fronius meter when working and cleaned up after the installation.
Follow up from the company was exceptional. Videos on turning on the meter and wifi connection. They answered any questions via phone, that I had, after all had been turned on and working.
I feel so secure in my choice of MC Electrical for my solar as I know if I have a problem, they will be there to monitor and fix the problem, not to have disappeared into the night.
Congratulations MC Electrical for a great company.

Highly recommended

High quality system for a very competitive price. Seamless installation. All working perfectly and after a week including a couple of cloudy days it is performing better than expected with over 60kWh in one day from 9.1kW of panels and an 8.2kW inverter. Especially happy with the curved mounting bracket - details matter.
The people were all also great including the installation team.
Highly recommended.

MC Electrical Solar Install

This is definitely a 5 Star Company.
Not the Cheapest on the market but you pay for what you get and the quality from company is excellent.
Had a a fire damaged 5KW system replaced with a 9.1 KW system. I had several quotes but kept coming back to MC Electrical and they were only too happy to answer all my questions without the push to sign up.
Michael and his team were very professional onsite and did not rush the installation. No mess and were very happy to answer any concerns I had.
The follow up phone calls from the Jem and other office staff was great and they will continue to monitor my system over the next few months.

A painless experience and would Highly Recommend this company

Excellent installation and customer service

Professional service throughout and great pre, during and post customer service, especially electrician and aerial installation who provided solutions to any challenge Show additional information

Outstanding customer service

Bought my system from MC over 3 years ago. Had an issue with power generation a couple of days ago. Shane from MC was out the same morning I called and had it fixed - quick, no fuss, excellent. I didn’t even need to be home for it to get sorted.

There are so many dodgy solar outfits around, it’s very comforting to know I chose the right installer. I recommended MC to others not long after my initial purchase and I can stand by that recommendation over three years later.

Great from start to finish.

Throughout all steps of our journey with MC Electrical, the staff have been very professional and helpful. They have assisted us with every enquiry and I cannot fault the service and installation provided to us. Show additional information

Fantastic Customer service. Great knowledge of product!

The sales/quoting process was efficient and so easy. Delays (on the build end) didn't bother MC Electrical they just worked to the schedule, kept me updated and changed products when power supply had to change, without hassle.

They were extremely knowledgeable and filled me in on varying types, qualities and sizes, while also answering all questions that arose.

The customer service was exceptional and installation went without a worry. They were even concerned about marks on my roof, so they sent me photographs.

More than happy to refer and use again.

Fantastic Installer, easy to deal with and a professional job done!

Sales/Quoting:
Easy to work with, more than happy to answer any questions and spend the time to ensure you are comfortable and understand the process, pricing, brands, warranty..etc.

Installation:
Installers were on time, efficient, worked well and did a very neat and tidy job.

Customer Service/After-Sales:
Had a very minor issue of a buzzing sound from the power box when exporting larger amount of power (5kw).
Called MC Electrical who sent out a tech within the hour! They confirmed a faulty breaker was the cause (which is what I expected as the installer was very thorough, so I did not expect any loose cables or faults from their workmanship). The breaker was replaced on the spot!
They also followed up how the install was, if I had any questions and to ensure I was using the web motoring system.

So good I used them twice

Of the three quotes obtained, MC Electrical were the only ones to make the effort to come out and provide a quote. This meant they saw issues that others did not, e.g. placement of the inverter. The sales person (Yorick) was polite, efficient, knowledgeable and very easy going. There was no pressure to sign on.

The people doing the installation were punctual, polite and very friendly. They went about their work with a minimum of fuss. All their work looked perfect (I got my switchboard upgraded as well).

MC Electrical were so good that I got them to do a second property without bothering to get quotes from elsewhere. They remained true to form.

Even more impressive is how they were willing to take ownership of any concerns or issues (e.g. some tiles were accidentally broken and they replaced them without issue) and were very much a "the customer is always right" attitude.

Fantastic Customer Experience

Treated me like they were doing it for a valued friend or family
Member. Best information. Easy to understand. Competent, punctual and professional

Fantastic installer.

Everything went smoothly, customer service top notch. Overall am very happy with the installation. Show additional information

Great all round experience: sales & customer service & installation

Did a lot of research and got several quotes before choosing MC Electrical.

Found Mark Cavanagh's blog www.mcelectrical.com.au/blog very useful.

Install was last week with Enphase microinverters (handles winter tree shading)

Josh's install team were great & expertly handled wet weather challenge.
The team took pride in their work & were happy to explain stuff.

Company has been around a long time (in solar terms) & sales & customer service also great.

Look forward to lower grid power bills & smaller carbon footprint
...power from sunlight on your roof is a beautiful thing!

Will try and remember, but probably won't, to review again after system's been in for a while.

Highly recommend

Quality no fuss service

Trent was fantastic when quoting and new his products well. Tradesman were on time, polite and tidy in everything they did. We had some rain for the first time in a long time and actually expected the install to be delayed but they did a great and quick job despite the rain.
After the install they leave nothing to chance and ensure grid connection is taken care of with detailed instructions on what and when will happen.
Quality company and one of the best over a long period of time in the solar industry.

Great professional installation.

Great product knowledge, quality and installation. Great to have company staff for installation and not random contractors. Multiple quotes from other companies offered discounts, but this was at the expense of quality. Thanks all for a job well done. Show additional information

Excellent workmanship with Quality after sales service

Quoting Process was excellent, when moving into our house and I knew I wanted solar installed. I did the usual ring around and got 5 companies to quote for multiple sized systems to be installed within the next 2-3 months.
3 of the companies did the usual harass every week, got this great deal etc. I made my own spreadsheet to compare all systems from the quotes and found the best warrantied quote which MC electrical had in both there 6.6 and 10.4 system.

Putting the deposit down with MC, an install date was decided. Installation Team showed up on the install date and time. The install Team were polite and completed the job to a high standard. The team left my home clean and tidy removing all rubbish on completion.

Customer Service from MC was amazing, I have rang a few times since the install and they are always helpful and polite. They got the information that I required and got back to me if they didn't have the answer. The grid connection was sorted quickly without stress. I ensured payment was completed in full, prior to my install date to make connection to the grid quicker and easier.

I installed a 10.4kW Sunpower system (400W panels) with 8.2kW Fronius Inverter. Im averaging into the 40kWh's on a normal sunny day (Brisbane), I have so far peaked at 50.2kWh. On cloudy days I'm only yielding low 30 kWh's. I have 12 panels on my eastern roof and 14 panels on my western roof.

So far I'm extremely happy with my solar system, I've had no major or minor issues (month since install), the system is operating as it should be. Im glad that I purchased a top tier solar system, even though it was on the higher cost end of the scale, my investment is going to be long term with great warranties that come with using top tier products. I estimate my investment will return in less then 5 years, even less as I haven't calculated the payment refund from my electrical company what I feed back into the grid.

Overall I would recommend MC Electrical to family and friends.

Delivered as promised. Communicated excellently.

Service and professionalism was excellent. They came when the said they would, and delivered what they promised, cleaned up after themselves, and communicated effectively throughout. While I believe that may not have got the cheapest option, I believe that you get what you pay for. I paid for a top quality system installed by professionals who know their business, and I was not disappointed. This company ticked all the boxes. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Amazing Sales Process

Ben was more than happy to assist with multiple quotes for different brands and different sizes. There was never any pressure to pick straight away and I felt Ben just wanted to honestly help me get the best system for my budget.

I highly recommend MC Electrical!

Professional, friendly and high quality

Yorick was great, he helped explain all of the options and I was confident he tailored our system to best suit our needs. We got a high quality system without going unnecessarily over the top. Installation crew were punctual, friendly, worked hard and got the job done with minimal inconvenience to us. System has worked perfectly for two years now and I have had multiple follow up offers of help and to review the system from MC Electrical. Our usual electrician even commented it looked like a really neat, good job the next time he was around. Show additional information

Very Profesional

Did exactly what they said they would on the given day. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Blissful Experience

I had been searching for quality solar providers for a few months when a friend of mine raves about MC Electrical, and now I can see why!

From my initial engagement through to install with them they have been punctual, detailed, responsive and professional.

I didn’t feel like I was being ‘sold too at all. Trent gave me all the options and technical information I needed to make an educated decision on the brand, size and budget for my system. He even looked over my existing power bill and discussed where I might be able to benefit from solar.

I was extremely lucky to get my install done quickly due to a scheduling cancellation. The team arrived bang on the agreed time, explained the process and worked around my needs for turning off the power. At the end of the install, I was given a walkthrough of the system and how to use it as well as a welcome pack.

After install the friendly office ladies helped me understand next steps and offered their assistance any time I might need it.

I’m very thankful to the whole MC team and will definitely be telling everyone I know!

Great service and installation

From quote to installation the team at MC Electrical have been second to none, highly professional and very informative on all aspects of the process. Thanks to Trent for the quote, Jem and Kaitlin for assistance with the installation process and to David and team for the installation. All in all a thoroughly great job by all and I am extremely happy that I chose this company and would not hesitate to recommend them for anyone seeking solar installation. Show additional information

Highly recommend MC Electrical

Had the pleasure of sales rep Michele attend my house with quotes. Michele was well organized with options from the go and and very informative on everything regarding solar even more than other male reps from other companies, very switched on.

Unlike other sales reps there was no sales pressure with constant phone calls. I wanted to go with a company that would be around in the future if needed for any warranty issues unlike other companies who go bust. after reading the wonderful reviews on MC electrical I felt very comfortable going with them as they are rated one of the best in the country and they only install using quality panels and inverters ect. with great warranty's.

The lady's in the office were awesome and organized everything. The installation crew on the day were very polite on time and professional and did a great job and cleaned up there mess.

My system is performing even better than what was predicted.

Awesome

I would like to thank everyone at MC Solar and Electrical for the wonderful support during the installation process.

This experience has been exceptional right from the very start!! From Trent, who provided all the information I needed in a clear and concise manner and I a way I was able to understand, and Jem in the office, who was so very kind in explaining the whole process and then the wonderful guys who did the actual installation.

They were wonderful, so respectful and professional!!

I would have NO hesitation in highly recommending MC to family and friends.

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!

Incredible Experience From Start To Ongoing

Michele was incredible in sharing my options and talking me through the different details of the system. It was informing and assisted in my decision making. Installation was smooth and the team were helpful with my questions. Friendly and easy going team. Communication was exceptional and felt informed when needed. You may pay a more, but I can see the value in the trust and professional approach of this business. Would recommend to friends and family. Show additional information

A company you can trust - MC Electrical

We have delayed installing Solar for a number of years because we were worried about getting ripped off.
Ignore those companies advertising on TV - can't recall anyone telling the complete truth.
The whole process worked perfectly.
1/ Nicole showing up exactly at the time she said to discuss our options for a quote
2/ the admin. team & Nicole keeping us informed the whole way
3/ Dane & his crew again showing up exactly on time to do the install & cleaned up after themselves, and
4/ the after-sales/install follow-ups.
and they provide a flow-chart that explains the whole process.

I can't recommend them (MC Electrical) highly enough.

Outstanding Solar installation

I cannot recommend MC Electrical more highly - Outstanding installation; outstanding after installation service and so helpful from the initial quote right through to their support and follow up after the the installation.

You will not find better!

All round experience

Our dealings with MC Electrical have been very good since the very first time we engaged with them through Solar Quotes. The Sales Rep was very knowledgeable and knew the solar business very well. He was not at all pushy and concentrated on the the products sold through his company and why they had selected these. They where always responsive to my questions as I worked with all three companies to make a determination as to which company to go with.

The installation went well although was a huge job and the team worked very hard to get it finished in the day. As we had previously had a solar system installed we were connected straight away so already taking advantage of the significantly increased performance of the new system.

A class act.

I can't fault our experience with MC Electrical. They didn't provide the cheapest of the three quotes that we received, but we opted to go with them because they spent by far the longest time looking at our place and preparing a quote that we knew would result in a quality system. Mark was here for quite a while, talking over options and figuring out what would work best with our place.

The installation team showed up exactly when scheduled, worked around us in terms of shutting off the power etc, and did a great looking install. The system is working exactly how we'd hoped it would.

Contact and support from the head office has been excellent - they have kept in touch and kept us informed throughout the whole process, followed up after installation and have handled setting up remote monitoring and all that sort of thing.

We're very happy with our choice. Thanks team!

Solar Up Hassle Free with MC Electrical

A big thankyou to everyone at MC Electrical!
Yorick's sales & quoting expertise made it so easy to make the best system choice.
Michael, Josh, Alan, Zeek and Lawrence's outstanding teamwork accomplished a time efficient, clean, tidy and fabulous solar installation at our property.
Jem's office skills kept us informed & on track every step of the way.
Organising a successful grid connection after the install was made so easy because of the excellent communication skills of EACH team member.
Great Job!

Do yourself a favour choose MC Electrical.

What a fantastic team at MC Electrical. The installation team ( Michael, Alex, Lawrence and Brandon and Dane) were just brilliant- professional, efficient, polite and very tidy.
The office team, especially Jem walked me through every step of the way. I got several quotes for Solar but it was Michelle’s knowledge and non- pushy personable ono-to-one quote that gave me all the confidence I needed to choose M C Electrical. Good work everyone and thank you.
Marianna

Super professional team

From the sales through coordinating install, install and post install follow ups these guys are a professional outfit. The intall was not straight forward but Josh and the team worked out the best way to keep everything super neat and without compromise to roof function or compliance. They brought in some extra man power to ensure install was completed on time. Entire process like clock work. Would definitely recommend! Show additional information

Superb install

I found MC Electrical from the CEC website and Chose them due to their extensive knowledge on solar. Reading through Bens blogs kinda gave me the impression I was right in choosing them. From my initial call to the quote and install every aspect was thoroughly professional. The guys turned up when they said they would to install the roof clamps as I was getting my roof restored. And we booked a date further in the future for install of the panels and inverter. On the day the 2 guys turned up bang on time. Professional and knowledgeable they got to work straight away and I believe they were finished and cleaned up by around 230. They explained everything to the wife what we had to do and we also received an email from Jem with all the info again. I can’t re on end these guys enough it’s good to find a company that does what they say when they say they will. Just had the email to say they have notified energex and got a ewr. We have contacted our provider and hopefully we can have it up and running as soon as possible. Thanks guys so happy with everything. Show additional information

Seamless Installation & Commissioning

The process from start to finish was very good. Right from the first discussion about what system would make sense to the technical review, quotation and ultimately installation which was done on time but was hampered with bad weather on the 2nd day. Obviously it is difficult to rate the performance of the system given this is the first full day of operation but if the performance is similar to the rest of the experience, I am sure I will be more than happy with its performance. Show additional information

Fantastic all round

The team at MC Electrical were fantastic to deal with from start to finish. Trent set the high standard from the outset when he came to quote. He and Matt (who then came to measure up) answered even my most annoying questions, and continued to work with us to ensure we would get the most out of the system; And guide me on changes I could make to get the system size I wanted, and the inverter where I wanted.

The install team rocked up on time and did a fantastic job. The installation is neat, tidy and discreet; with the panels being the only obvious external sign we have solar. My new meter was connected 3 weeks later, and the system has so far has exceeded my expectations.

I would highly recommend MC Electrical, especially since the biggest variables in any system is the actual install.

Mc Electrical is "shockingly" GOOD! (see what I did there?)

When I first thought about solar I wanted to go big, which required an upgrade to Phase 3 due to 10kWh Invertor. With any other Solar provider, I'd need to arrange the Phase 3 upgrade through a second electrical company then get solar installed afterwards... I didn't like the idea of Project managing and wanted a one stop shop... I turned to MC Electrical and I have never looked back! Massive thanks to Nicole too, she is exceptional in sales, no fluff no fuss no BS, clearly explaining how everything would work... I can't thank her enough.

MC Electrical took care of absolutely everything, for a very (very!) reasonable price, and the most amazing thing is the caring doesn't stop there... Over the last 3 years I've spoken to the team about all sorts of stuff from understanding errors on my invertor (these will happen from time to time) and Solar batteries (check out their blogs!!). These guys live and breathe solar and they tell you straight why you should or shouldn't be considering this or that product.

I want to thank Jem for my most recent need: My contract was concluding, dropping my feed-in tariff lower that I would like so I hit up MC Electrical about what I should do... Jen gave me someone to speak to with my energy provider retaining my above market feed-in tariff, which they are now doing... AND I also now receive a significant discount. Now, this is 3 years... THREE YEARS after the sale!!! You know how you need a good doctor/dentist/butcher... When it comes to Solar, MC Electrical is the "Good Solar Provider" that will be by your side for the rest of days - HANDS DOWN - NO ONE IS BETTER.

A truly professional company!

These guys are true professionals from the office to the rooftop! You can tell its a well-run outfit by just talking to the employees who are bright and happy and obviously very proud of their company. It shows too in their high level of training and expertise. Our crew had to drive 2-2.5 hours to come up the range to Toowoomba. This didnt phase them at all and the install went exactly as they had told us it would go. I would not hesitate to give MC Solar and Electrical 5/5 ! Show additional information

First class from start to finish, lived up to all the 5 star reviews I had read.

Professional and knowledgeable sales people who weren't pushing for a quick sale, explained everything clearly and offered best value mid quality system rather than pushing for the most expensive.
Quote was detailed and on time, price was reasonable and they left me alone to take my time to assess the quote.
Placed order and everything went like clockwork, very punctual, polite, efficient, tidy and a great team to have around your house all day.
Installers took time to explain each process and did a very neat installation, it looks great.
Couldn't be happier, highly recommended!

Reliable, responsive and customer driven

MC Electrical have been a delight to deal with from quote to delivery. Despite challenges our install presented, their team remained focused on achieving the best possible outcome for us, their client! David, who oversaw our install was passionate about his trade and quality of workmanship! His ladder skills are almost worth the purchase price alone. 10/10 in all criteria from this very happy customer Show additional information

Great value, great system, above and beyond service

We have had just the best experience with MC Electrical for our first home solar installation. Trent visited our home and spent far more time with us on education and item quality than any other solar quote company, and we got quotes from more than 20 companies! The entire customer service team were nothing short of delightful to talk with via email and on the phone, and the installation process was painless and flawless. The cost was just right for the quality of the install and brands we chose.

We are more than happy to recommend MC Electrical to anyone considering solar for their rooftop.

Good quality of service and product and excellent communication,very happy with my choice

Everything went smoothly with good quality of service, product and excellent communication! Show additional information