MC Electrical

MC Electrical Reviews

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

Reviewers report paying: $6,100 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

MC Electrical Reviews (1294)

Job well done!

Very happy and satisfied with the whole process and experience. Great installation team!

MC Electrical Installation

From the initial sales/ quote to the installation the team at MC Electrical where polite, helpful, knowledgeable & very accommodating to changes we needed to make.

The Installation team where always on time and friendly. They did an amazing job on the installation of the panels and invertor.

Customer service team have been amazing, answered all of our questions, and organised the grid connection.

We are so happy with our system and would highly recommend MC Electrical to anyone looking at solar panels.

Great service and product

We had to replace an existing system that was damaged by a lightning strike.

The sales process was informed and easy to understand with no pressure.

We opted for quality over price.

After comparing the various options we decided to stick with a 3.3kva system rather than increasing the size and losing our tariff.

Great installation team of employees (not contractors) who were punctual, polite, respectful and knowledgeable.

Thanks

Excellent service from start to finish

Excellent service with the quote. After a discussion about where to install the inverter on the day of installation the team pointed out that they may run into problems but still got it installed in the garage as originally decided and on the same day. The after service has also been excellent. If you are thinking of going solar I recommend giving these guys a call. Glad we used MC Electrical.

Great installers

So far so good only been installed for a couple of days.

Sales process was good and easy to understand, no pressure and realistic. Went for quality and experience over price.

Installers were all employees not contractors and they were, polite, respectful and tidy.

Loving the new smart meter!

The excellent installer

The quoting process went professionally by Yorick. And 4 of installers came in time and finished the job as promises.

Top marks for McElectrical

The quoting proces of McElectrical was the most professional and most informative we had. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and explained the whole procedure very clearly
The installation of the system took place yesterday and we were impressed by the professionalism and courtesy displayed by the installing team. They explained everything clearly and we’re very helpful.
The people from customer service were very helpful today and I’m impressed by their professionalism and friendliness.

Great team and very professional

The team that provided the excellent service with the installation of my solar system is first-class services. The team showed very professional approach and installation quality from the sales team to the apprentice. Communication was very professional and workmanship is top quality.

Amazing service

Amazing service and the process from system design to install and follow up has been first class. Very happy with MC And would Highly recommend.

Explained what's going to happen with physical guide easy to understand friendly greaty qaulity

Professional company

The sales quoting process was easy and professional. The installation went smoothly, on time and provided appropriate information.

This is why I keep going back to MC Electrical

Dealing with MC is a joy - courteous, professional and helpful.

Professional people and very efficient

The whole process from quote to installation and registration was well handled. Couple of issues were sorted out very quickly without question. All in all very happy. Customer service from the admin side was also very good and helpful. Really didn't have to do much from my side.

10/10

A+++ Josh and his team of apprentice scum were the best bunch of blokes and it was a pleasure to have them at my place.

The less post installation I had to do was the real value for me.

Great experience

MC Electrical was great to deal with from start to finish. Ben was extremely helpful in explaining the various options available and what would suit our needs and budget. The quoting and design process was easy from our side and we always felt confident about what we were getting for our money. I had to delay the installation several times due to issues with a roof contractor, however MC Electrical was very accommodating. The final installation went smoothly and the team was very neat and professional. The system was up and running that afternoon. Highly recommended.

Excellent

Excellent post sale kind care. The best in the market. Shane in particular is fabulous.

Great company to do business with.

Our experience with MC Electrical has been great.

Their quote was competitive, the staff were friendly & responsive and made the paperwork as easy as possible.

The installers were punctual, polite and did a great job.

The concrete tiles on our roof were brittle and cracked very easily. As a result, more tiles than anticipated had to be replaced. MC Electrical sourced the additional tiles and returned after a few days to replace them. They even went the extra yard by removing several of the solar panels and swapping tiles from underneath the panels to ensure that the roof was kept exactly the colour.

Would definitely recommend them to prospective buyers.

Very professional operation

The sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The installation team were friendly, happy to answer any questions and did a neat installation.

Exceptional work by the MC Electrical Team

The whole Sales/Quoting process was totally professional and factual. The Technical explanations were given freely with documentation support.
The installation of the system exhibited an extremely high level of technical knowledge and project management skills.
The time management skills were exemplary, arriving promptly at the appointed time. The team was polite, efficient and tidy as they moved about the site throughout the day.
Upon completion of the installation I was given a complete overview of the system and how the system would be connected to the existing electrical supply. - Great customer service.
As an Electrical Engineer the installation team exceeded my expectations in all areas of the work carried out on site.
Overall a fantastic result!

Wouldn’t go with anyone else

I waited 2-3 years to install and communicated with MC Electrical over the years, they always provided great information and never pushed the sale. When it came time, I was so confident in the service. Install was great, the guys were kind and respectful, and helpful with information. They even let us do an informative video to help in future with the system. Great information on YouTube as well. I like that they are available in future with any concerns or maintenance.

Attention to Detail and Outstanding Communication

Could not fault their workmanship or ongoing support after they installed my first PV system in 2016. The issues I had with this system (including a major one with inverter) were rectified promptly and to a high standard.

The new system was installed this week. It’s early days but already appears to have been seamlessly integrated with the existing one. I understand how the two systems interact with one another on same grid connection thanks to the installer’s clear and concise communication. The conduit and fastening work is neat, tile grinding performed and all panels are out of shade so definitely thrilled with the look of it all. The team did a great clean up too. The office are monitoring the system regularly and have contacted me within a couple of days to ensure I’m registered for online monitoring too.

Their sales and admin team are extremely helpful and responsive to emails/calls in my experience. I was satisfied with the range of quotes and options presented prior to making my choice. MC helps with the entire process and offers great service consistently!

Absolutely fantastic customer service and tradesmanship

From the very beginning Of the process MC Electrical have been fantastic. The level of customer service that was provided from the team at the office was amazing and very refreshing. They were happy to answer any questions/concerns that I had. Once the decision was made to go with MC Electrical for our installation the customer service didn't stop. Additionally once the installation started the tradesman were fantastic. They were on time and very courteous and respectful. Very happy with the decision we made to go with MC Electrical

A very positive experience

The whole process was professional from start to finish. From the initial quote to the installation everything that occured exceeded my expectations. The communication from MC Electrical was first class and the installers were prompt and courteous. As an electrician myself I can vouch for the high standard of the workmanship. I wouldn't hestiate in recommending MC Electrical for your solar install.

Highly impressive service

I initially contacted MC Electrical in February (to extend an existing installation) and was told that there was a 3 month wait. I was impressed with their YouTube videos so was prepared to wait

Despite the floods and bad weather, MC Electrical kept pretty much to the installation date and Hannah in their admin department communicated throughout the wait.

On the installation date (yesterday) , the guys arrived on time and carried out the work. They were very friendly and courteous.

Regarding cost, their pricing was very competitive. What I really liked was that they didn’t make any attempt to gouge on any work that I needed. In fact, quite the opposite! MC Electrical installed a Tesla charger and a sub-board for a fraction of the cost (as they were already at the premises) that I would have had to have paid an electrician if done at another time.

In an industry where I’m sure there are many questionable operators, it is customer service such as this that will have me recommending MC Electrical to any friends who wish to install solar in the future. I now understand why their services are in such demand!

MC Electrical Solar

Very knowledgeable and professional sales person. Competitive pricing. Installation team were punctual,polite and very efficient. We used MC electrical for a solar installation on a previous home of ours and were so impressed they were our obvious choice this time and we were not disappointed.
Would highly recommend this company for solar.

Trouble free and installed on time.

The quoting stage was very informative & very helpful. No hard sell.
Install time frame was booked and they arrived on time and did very professional job.

Definitely recommend!

Very easy from start to finish. It was a pleasure having the installers at my house. They were prompt, communicated very clearly and were respectful of the property leaving everything cleaner than when they arrived. Dealing with people from the office and getting quotes was very easy and everyone was lovely. I would recommend these guys for sure!

Fantastic team

Great team with fantastic customer service.
Installers were professional, polite and respectful.
Overall a great experience

Excellent work.

Attention to detail & quality of workmanship was outstanding. Extremely professional & courteous team.

Professional and Friendly, highly recommend

From the quote through to final installation, it was a pleasure dealing with MC Electrical. Everything was explained really well and quality of work was great. Definitely recommend giving MC Electrical a call for a quality system.

Professional, a pleasure to deal with

The field is confusing, but from the start, the emphasis was on the best information (including discussing options) rather than pursuing a sale. There were multiple site visits to ensure we got the best system for a complicated situation with lots of shade. Everyone was professional. It was a pleasure to interact with each person we met.

Impressive and informative before sales, reliable product and exceptional ongoing after sales customer service! Thankyou

All aspects of dealing with MC Electrical have been impressive.The before sales and quoting process was reliable, informative, friendly, supportive and collaborative to enable us to feel secure in making a well- informed decision. The price of the product was reasonably priced. The installation process was seamless. The installers were polite, punctual and tidy. The friendly and after sales customer service has been really appreciated to maximise getting the most from our solar panels.

Another aspect worth acknowledging is 2 years after first dealing with MC Electrical, we were still able to contact Trent. This inidicates to us we are working with a stable company who retains staff. Thankyou to each person on the MC Electrical team who have assisted us over the past 2.5years.

MC Electrical

I’m still early in the process as the panels have only gone on my property yesterday, but the presale work, the pre install liaison, the install itself and the immediate post-customer service care and attention have been flawless so far.

Excellent service

Very friendly, open & easy to deal with- from the initial contact right through to the installation & follow up check ins. Great service, great product & very happy with the results.

Amazing service from start to finish

MC Electrical were amazing to deal with from start to finish. They were prompt with providing an assessment & quote, took the time to answer questions, offer great systems & customised a package to meet our needs. The admin & office ladies were lovely & incredibly helpful with my questions & queries & regular with there communications so we knew what was going on throughout the process. Dates set for pre-install inspection & install were met. Panels look fantastic & invertor a treat. Everyone we dealt with was friendly, professional & very helpful. MC Electrical made everything simple & easy. Thank you to all involved.

Gave us confidence from beginning to end

We are very happy to recommend MC Electrical team after our recent purchase of a solar system. Our first contact was Yorick Mark who gave us recommendations on systems that would suit our needs/usage/roof space. His knowledge was impressive and he did a great job in educating us about solar systems. He provided the quotations promptly and followed up to answer our questions. He also offered a roof inspection prior to installation to check that all would go smoothly with the installation.

The installation team were great too. They were a really happy bunch of guys and we could see they were really efficient. The electrician, Michael Forrester, gave me a very comprehensive run through of the inverter which was easy to understand.

Following the installation, Hannah Smith provided information on getting our meter changed, setting up the inverter and logging in to the monitoring system.

We had put off getting solar installed as we are not "technically minded" and were unsure how we could make a good decision on which company to choose - we know there are so many dodgy operators. We are so happy that we have finally got a system in place that is performing as expected and that we chose MC Electrical who provided such great service.

Thanks to all.

Very happy with my choice

I chose MC Electrical as it was rated as a platinum installer on an independent review site. It was more expensive than others but I was happy to pay extra for the peace of mind knowing I was getting quality products and installation and the company would still be trading down the track. I’m really happy with the system.

Honest, reliable and well priced

The guys at MC gave been great to deal with from quoting to install to in-service.
They probably could have upsold me but advised against given my situation. Install went pretty quickly and smoothly.

Great company to deal with!

I requested a quote for a solar system through SolarQuotes. I was contacted straight away to organise an in face meeting to provide a quote. Nicole, who provided the quote was friendly, informative and passionate about solar. She was able to answer all of my questions and explain it in a way I understood, having no prior understanding of how any of it works.

We proceeded with the quote and were given a timeline for how everything would occur. Everything went to schedule, it was a very easy process. The installation was done within about 8 hours and there were no issues. Everything looks neat and tidy. The electricians were friendly and gave us a run down of how everything worked when the installation was complete.
MC Electrical have since organised the upgrade of our meter and it is all running well.

We are very happy with the service as we haven't had to do anything and everything occurred according to the schedule given to us at the time of quotation. I wish more businesses had the systems and processes this business has to deliver a great product and customer service.

Efficient, high quality service

Quoting was clear and comprehensive. Instalation went very smothly.
Customer service was excellent

Original Review on 02-06-2021:

Professional from start to finish

Customer service was great all the way though the sales process, which unfortunately seems to be a rarity in Australia these days. The installers arrived and were friendly, efficient and informative. Quality install. These guys take pride in what they are doing. Very happy with my choice and would highly recommend MC Electrical. Original ratings

10 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. We just got a bill for the whole year(delayed for tariff changes apparently), and it was $600. This considering we only had the solar installed and working for three QTRS. Our normal bill without solar has been $500 per QTR in previous house without ducted aircon. Very happy with savings. Cheers PC

Professionals

Explained everything in great detail. Took us through step by step process. Professional and updated us on progress. Tidy, informative. Would highly recommend.

Quality Parts, Quality Installation, Quality People

I can't say a bad word about MC Electrical and Solar. From the moment Yorick came out to quote the job and gave me all the right information to work out what option was the best for me, to Hannah and Kimberly who kept me up to date with all the paperwork, and then to the guys that came out and installed the new inverter to our old panels and the new system they have been fantastic to work with. I would not hesitate to refer them they made the mission to get our old system repaired and new system added a simple one.
Thank you MC Electrical and Solar.

Solar installation

When first looking into solar we had a few companies come out but not very helpful.. So called Mc Electrical Trent came out and explained everything in detail from the products they use to how solar works. Once we decided to go ahead the communication was awesome and guidence into finance too. Hannah and Jackson were also great. The installation went smoothly with no problems. So far after 8mths it is still working great and we are saving on our power..

Excellent company

From start to finish the whole team at MC electrical have been great to deal with. If you are looking for solar I would definitely give this company a ring……can’t recommend them highly enough.

Great service, knowledgeable and skilled.

Quoting was very thorough and the site visit with shading measurements was a great service and above and beyond what other businesses were offering. Knowledgeable and great advice, I didn’t feel like just another standard quote like I received from other businesses. Customer service was always excellent. The installers were prompt and professional and the install looks great. They identified an issue with shading in a corner of a panel that could cause hot spot issues and discussed with me moving it to avoid the issue. They weren’t just installing the panels without thinking. A true custom solution from start to finish. Check-ins at 6 weeks and 6 months still to come which gives confidence.

Very impressive service

From the quoting done by Jaime , to the install and the follow up service MC Electrical have been great. They have worked in with my roofing refurb schedule, and have been very helpful - even coming back to repaid a tile the roofing company left cracked.
Am more than happy with the panels and inverter provided. Have high quality Sunpower Maxeon 3 panels, and Fronius GEN 24 inverter. Radiant Railing for the panels - all top quality materials.
The installation team were extremely good - had the footings for the panels installed prior to the roof refurb, so that the new paint job would not be too disturbed by the panel install. Team of 3 on the day for the panel and inverter install - all very professional and helpful. Complete clean up when the job was done, and they explained the next steps clearly. Also showed me the pic of the cracked tile they had found when they first arrived, and sent someone back to seal it even though it was not their break. They organised the grid coonection - Am currently waiting for meter to be replaced and then I am solar!
Would highly recommend MC Electrical - they are not the cheapest - but after extensive research I am confident that I have the best quality I can afford and have paid a fair price for that.

Outstanding workmanship

Had some issues with the elements due to our windy location but the guys finished the job 2 days later. Did everything they could to conceal the wiring where possible.

Mark, Winston and Hannah we always amazing to deal with pre install.

Tops Installer, Great Sales and Support

Felt like the casual sales person was great. They were proud of their service and product not to mention safety. They were believable and had the examples to back it.
The installers were great ona difficult roof. System performing well. seeing returns already. Ontime with good comms.

Look no further

Cannot recommend this company more highly everyone purely professional excellent service all round