MC Electrical Reviews

About MC Electrical, Solar Installers

MC Electrical
Platinum Partner
MC Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 23 108 903 807  ABN active since 18 Mar 2010 | The Trustee For The Cavanagh Family Trust
ACN: 142 653 843  ACN active since 18 Mar 2010 | Mc Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 72319 Mc Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd Atf The Cavanagh Family Trust

Reviewers report paying: $5,300 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

MC Electrical Solar Reviews

Mc Electrical is "shockingly" GOOD! (see what I did there?)

When I first thought about solar I wanted to go big, which required an upgrade to Phase 3 due to 10kWh Invertor. With any other Solar provider, I'd need to arrange the Phase 3 upgrade through a second electrical company then get solar installed afterwards... I didn't like the idea of Project managing and wanted a one stop shop... I turned to MC Electrical and I have never looked back! Massive thanks to Nicole too, she is exceptional in sales, no fluff no fuss no BS, clearly explaining how everything would work... I can't thank her enough.

MC Electrical took care of absolutely everything, for a very (very!) reasonable price, and the most amazing thing is the caring doesn't stop there... Over the last 3 years I've spoken to the team about all sorts of stuff from understanding errors on my invertor (these will happen from time to time) and Solar batteries (check out their blogs!!). These guys live and breathe solar and they tell you straight why you should or shouldn't be considering this or that product.

I want to thank Jem for my most recent need: My contract was concluding, dropping my feed-in tariff lower that I would like so I hit up MC Electrical about what I should do... Jen gave me someone to speak to with my energy provider retaining my above market feed-in tariff, which they are now doing... AND I also now receive a significant discount. Now, this is 3 years... THREE YEARS after the sale!!! You know how you need a good doctor/dentist/butcher... When it comes to Solar, MC Electrical is the "Good Solar Provider" that will be by your side for the rest of days - HANDS DOWN - NO ONE IS BETTER.

A truly professional company!

These guys are true professionals from the office to the rooftop! You can tell its a well-run outfit by just talking to the employees who are bright and happy and obviously very proud of their company. It shows too in their high level of training and expertise. Our crew had to drive 2-2.5 hours to come up the range to Toowoomba. This didnt phase them at all and the install went exactly as they had told us it would go. I would not hesitate to give MC Solar and Electrical 5/5 ! Show additional information

First class from start to finish, lived up to all the 5 star reviews I had read.

Professional and knowledgeable sales people who weren't pushing for a quick sale, explained everything clearly and offered best value mid quality system rather than pushing for the most expensive.
Quote was detailed and on time, price was reasonable and they left me alone to take my time to assess the quote.
Placed order and everything went like clockwork, very punctual, polite, efficient, tidy and a great team to have around your house all day.
Installers took time to explain each process and did a very neat installation, it looks great.
Couldn't be happier, highly recommended!

Reliable, responsive and customer driven

MC Electrical have been a delight to deal with from quote to delivery. Despite challenges our install presented, their team remained focused on achieving the best possible outcome for us, their client! David, who oversaw our install was passionate about his trade and quality of workmanship! His ladder skills are almost worth the purchase price alone. 10/10 in all criteria from this very happy customer Show additional information

Great value, great system, above and beyond service

We have had just the best experience with MC Electrical for our first home solar installation. Trent visited our home and spent far more time with us on education and item quality than any other solar quote company, and we got quotes from more than 20 companies! The entire customer service team were nothing short of delightful to talk with via email and on the phone, and the installation process was painless and flawless. The cost was just right for the quality of the install and brands we chose.

We are more than happy to recommend MC Electrical to anyone considering solar for their rooftop.

Good quality of service and product and excellent communication,very happy with my choice

Everything went smoothly with good quality of service, product and excellent communication! Show additional information

Great Installer

The quoting process was great, the sales person was punctual and came prepared with brochures, samples, different quality/ warranty range options and was transparent throughout the whole process. It was not the cheapest quote that I received, but I believe that I do have the best value for money based on presented quality specs, panel options and aftersales service and warranty.
For the installation, they were also punctual, a respectful bunch of guys that finished the job within the promised time frame. Living in a townhouse, the politeness and tidyness were definately a must for me regarding my neighbours.
Even after install, the ongoing service regarding grid connection and assistence with picking the right retailers etc has been great

Excellent job-Thanks

We chose MC Electrical to replace our old solar system and are delighted with the result. At every step of the process-the Admin staff, Trent who quoted and the installation team (Michael, Zeke & Alan) we were impressed with their professionalism, knowledge and customer focus. Happy to recommend this company to anyone in the market for solar systems . Show additional information

Highly recommended installer

After several quotes and lots of online research I selected MC Electrical for our solar installation.
Our roof is far from optimal being largely south facing, so each quote came with a different design or different components making comparisons difficult.
After investigating other's micro, string and optimiser solutions, I returned to Nicole's initial design which was the simplest and most cost effective, but with a quality I was happy with.

Extremely satisfied with the installation - it was a two-day task and they took the time to discuss with me a few options along the way, including a return visit to relocate the TV antenna further away.
Unfortunately, we did have a slight roof leak under the panels when the summer rains arrived several weeks after the install, but MC Electrical sent someone out immediately to investigate and repair the leak, they then organised a painter to repaint the internal ceiling. Excellent after sales service!

Six months on and I still look daily at the the Solar Analytics stats (an additional purchase I requested to be installed by MC Electrical) and PvOutput (a free analysis site you can set up within the Fronius push service settings), so I can track performance and see that my system is performing as well or better than other neighbouring systems.
Based on my first 6 months of electricity bills, I'm expecting the system should pay for itself within approx 4 1/4 years.

Quality installation, great follow up customer service.

Very professional, no hassles from start to finish of install. The system has performed above our expectations. Highly recommend both the system and MC Electrical. Show additional information

Quality Workmanship

Arrived on time to quote.
Explained options clearly.
Arrived on time to install.
Quality Workmanship all over and all staff polite.
Explained the operation of the new system clearly.
Can't faulty them.
Highly recommend them.

Quality Installation and Great Customer Service

The team from MC Electrical made the effort to come out onsite and walk me through the product options, ROI Calculations and the differences in the installations different companies offer.

The quality of installation and the extra effort to source components with longer life for the Australian market had MC as the clear winner.

Good communication and installation date went ahead on the scheduled date.

I would recommend the team and the products from MC Electrical.

Wonderful install, great team and no hassle to deal with

From the beginning so easy to deal with, didn’t feel any of the pressure that we got from other providers. Explained everything in way that was easy to understand. Everyone that we dealt with through the process was really lovely and helpful. Install team in particular were great. Good value, middle of the range quote. Good quality inverter and panels. Show additional information

Brisbane - MC Electrical were awesome! Highly recommend.

Massive thank you to Finn from Solarquotes and the team from MC Electrical for making my solar experience such a good one. I am so lucky to have found this site and get the right information and people involved in this important process.

I'd been thinking about solar for a while and almost got locked into a deal with some door to door cowboys without doing any research. After checking out the Solar quote website I was a lot more informed and luckily avoided making a very big mistake.

The 3 quotes I got were all very detailed and received the next day. All 3 made direct contact with me and offered a great range of products from reputable brands.

I ultimately went with MC Electrical from Brisbane because they are local and I really like their commitment to promoting their own apprentices and not using contractors.

All the MC trades people were on time, very professional and did a great job. The advice I was given was spot on. The office kept me regularly informed along the way and have been very quick to respond to any questions I've had.

The whole process has been extremely easy and hassle free. I've now got some of the best solar gear available and it's working perfectly. If you're in the Brisbane area, check out these guys and you will not go wrong.

Thanks Finn and everyone at MC Electrical, keep up the great work. Cheers.

9.6kw install by MC Electrical

The quoting process was simple and factual with Michele (responded first from Solar Quotes website), she was more than happy to model different scenarios for me and answer all my queries. I had a request that the install had to be done within 3 weeks and they accommodated this with an install one week of my deposit. What I like about MC Electrical is they came out to measure up before install to confirm roof space, panel orientation and cable runs with me so there was no surprises on the day of install. Shane and his team did a terrific install job, started with 4 people end up with 6 at the end of the day. Another 2 people came to assist with lifting the panels onto the roof as my roof had 4 sections to maneuver, I like this safety first!. Post installation was also a breeze, EWR provided as quickly as possible to allow the meter to be replaced/reprogrammed. I ended choosing Sunpower maxeon 3 400W panels and enphase IQ7X inverters, the enphase enlighten app is amazing with all the information you need. So far the system is performing well above the solar modelling. Show additional information

Reliable and really nice to work with.

Fast responses, really good quality products, really fast installation, really good support. I strongly recommend them. Show additional information

Great service, optimised design, high-quality and safe installation

MC Electrical were brilliant to deal with at each stage of the process and the end result is a high quality solar installation at a reasonable price, performing above forecast.

Michele (Sales Consultant) was very knowledgeable and friendly and helped optimise the system design for maximum savings and return on investment and before I'd decided which installer to go with, Dane (Electrician/Installer) dropped by to measure the roof and confirm there'd be no issues with their proposed design or with safe access to the roof.

After deciding to go with MC Electrical and paying the deposit, all communication from the office team (Jem, Kaitlin, Rhea) has been really clear, responsive and friendly. On the day of installation, Shane, Alan and Lawrence were punctual, organised and importantly, very safety conscious. After installing the inverter and the rails, some strong winds arrived before the panels could be installed and the guys put safety before the likely extra cost to the company of having to come back the next day to complete the job. The next morning, they were on-time, friendly, efficient and careful with their installation of the equipment and their own safety.

The clean up was spotless and they communicated everything I needed to know about the system, the Fronius app/monitoring, next steps regarding the grid meter replacement, etc. They also installed a wifi extender at no cost to strengthen the wifi connection between my modem and the inverter. It's been a week since the install and the system has had no issues and is generating above forecast.

MC Electrical have been 5 stars in all respects so far and from what I can see, they're a well run business with a good culture which gives me confidence they'll still be around to support their 10 year warranty. This is important because even the highest quality solar equipment can fail and if any defect does arise during the warranty term, I'm confident MC Electrical will still be in business to sort it quickly and smoothly and avoid me having to deal directly with the solar equipment manufacturers.

Brisbane's best solar company

This is the second system I've purchased from MC Electrical and it confirms that they're by far the best solar company in Brisbane. The consultation process was thorough and knowledgeable. The actual equipment is high quality, and the installation was excellent - they have very good installers who explain their approach and deliver very precise, tidy work. There's absolutely nothing to criticise; in an industry not renowned for integrity, this is an outstanding company. Show additional information

Quality all round

A big thanks to MC solar for our enphase installation. The install team was prompt, efficient, polite and completed a very professional installation.

Pre and after sales service and support has been excellent also.

One Happy Chappy! :)

Everything flowed smoothly. MC Electrical and team were punctual, efficient, and very helpful from the first email inquiry. The quotes and process were explained thoroughly, and I even got a free upgrade, due to supply problems at the office!
The panels are now installed, and I'm being guided through the after installation process. I'm very impressed and grateful!
The only downside? I had to wait for over 2 months for install because they're so booked up?! Good for them!
Now they'll show me how to keep an eye on the panels, electricity production etc... great!

The real McCoy!

From my initial email contact right through to the install, everything was smooth, efficient and happened just as MC Electrical said it would...they instilled confidence immediately and were very impressive across all aspects of the team. They had knowledge, craftmanship and an obvious integrity about their business. Show additional information

No Regrets Choosing MC Electrical

How was the sales/quoting process?
Smooth, Honest and Transparent about costs and potential changes to prices because of time frame. Gave me options to choose from and even let me know a larger system wouldn't have benefit me as much because of my roof space layout.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?
Punctual and respectful of my property. Even took off their work boots when using the bathrooms in my home. They cleaned up after themselves as well. Any changes to the installation process they notified me ASAP, such as starting later in the morning because of the amount of morning dew that would have made my roof more slippery.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?

Customer Service was terrific. Very prompt with answers helped organize grid connections. Followed up 1 month, 3 months, 5 months, then 8 months after the install to make sure everything is still going smoothly.

Excellent installer, great customer interaction

MC Electrical have been fantastic from the first contact. I got 5 quotes and did a lot of research, MC came out on top overall.

The system components (panels& inverter) were the same across all quotes with what I had requested, racking differed between some, I was happier with that used by MC (radiant). Then advice and conversations from each company, this allowed for a genuine comparison of like for like. Prices were close, finance was more competitive, after sales support appeared to be a big focus, so this put MC at the top of my list.

Our install ended up happening a month earlier than scheduled which was a bonus, the installers were polite and did an excellent job, very neat and tidy.

The process from start to finish is laid out very simply, the office administrators keeping us informed once install was performed and the next steps for meter change over. Our site visit representative also followed up after the install to ensure everything was to our satisfaction.

I would highly recommend making contact with MC Electrical as part of your solar research, excellent company, very happy with our purchase.

Fantastic experience, great business, great people

Did everything they said they would do before, during and after the install, excellent customer service so far, once system is turned on we expect this will continue, you will not be disappointed using this business for the step to solar. Show additional information

Stress Free Solar Installation

We are very pleased with all aspects of our Solar project. The staff of MC Electrical have been both very professional and courteous throughout the process and kept us fully informed on what was required, when it would happen and answering all our questions. Everything was fully explained to us from start to finish and we were kept informed throughout the process.

We could not be more pleased with everyone at MC Electrical and I have no hesitation in recommending them as the go to company for solar.

The reviews speak for themselves....

Theres not much more that I can add or say about MC Electrical...

But this is my experience with my recent solar fit-out.

The customer service is unreal..
I was offered solutions and alternatives to my queries relating to system size and fit out.
The fit out was flawless, quality workmanship and like clockwork.
Not the cheapest upfront, but I was after quality products and workmanship, and that, is worth the extra dollars upfront.

On the day of the fit out the installation team offered an alternative to fitting out my north facing panels to achieve better results and aesthetics, they also offered a refund for having to use less materials.

The office staff have been very helpful, always followed up and have given clear instructions on finalising system commissioning.

Well done MC Electrical.

Regards,

Philippe and Leanne

Fantastic all round service and quality install

Great service, installation and follow up. Very clean and tidy work Site and workmanship. Top Customer service Show additional information

Genuine Customer Focused Solar Installer

Thank you to all that have made our solar experience almost pain free. Although there was an installation issue with locating solar panels on the shed. The true colours of MC Electrical shone through with the professionalism of MC Electrical staff demonstrating outstanding customer service dealing with the issue and offering an alternative solution to rectify the problem that exceeded the original quoted solar performance. Post-installation support emails from Ben and organising the meter changeover displayed outstanding customer support.

We do feel we have made the right choice choosing MC Electrical for our solar needs.Thank you

Great service and easy to deal with from the first contact.

I was very impressed by their sale agent, he was very professional and informative. The installation team were very skilled and explained the system in easy to understand terms. The office has been good to deal with - again polite and respectful. All up - it was a no hassle experience that delivered the product I was seeking. Show additional information

Great service.

On the expensive side of the spectrum.
However the service is excellent, the installation was flawless.
The energy production is right on target with the predictions provided.

Great customer service well beyond installation

I am very glad to have chosen MC Electrical when I decided to go solar. The initial quotation process and installation was as professional as I would have hoped it to be. The follow up service with regards to information, advice and any warranty issues has also been exceptionally good. I'm never spoken down to, everything is well explained and the employees are a credit to the company. Personally, I cannot recommend MC Electrical highly enough if you are considering such an important prospect as going solar. I'm very glad I did. Show additional information

Very helpful and professional service

Followed through with everything promised at time of original quote Show additional information

Really good engagement through the whole process

Everything went smooth, from sales to installation. Really fast, and really good to understand what we were after. We chose a high end system, but I can't yet say anything about it's quality or value for money, we just had it for 2 days.
Mcelectrical was for us the closest way to go because they understood us and provided what we needed very fast and very friendly and professional.
I strongly recommend them, especially if you need guidance on which system to choose.

Friendly, efficient and amazing solar product!

From the first contact to the install and switch to solar our experience with MC Electrical was first cladss.

No pushy sales, simple quote process and all options explored to ensure we had maximum solar efficiency. While at first glance the prices may appear on the high side, you really do get what you pay for. Top quality panels, efficient and quiet inverter with all the wireless connectivity and stats.

We went from a $400+ per quarter household to $60+ CREDIT! Could not be happier.

A smooth professional installation

From the time that we were quoted to the completion of the installation everything ran so smoothly with MC. Communication was excellent, price was very competitive for a good quality system, everyone we dealt with was polite and professional and every aspect was completed without fuss or bother. Very happy to recommend MC, Thank you! Rob and Janette Brisbane Show additional information

Fanatastic customer engagement throughout the process.

very detailed and informative from initial enquiry through installation and post-installation process. We were engaged every step of the way through calls and emaile, all our queries were answered promptly and with enough details - everyone was really friendly to talk with. Installation was tidy and installers had a very professional and polite attitude. Show additional information

A great experience.

A great experience, friendly and very easy to deal with. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Looking into getting solar was very confusing and a bit stressful. That was before I found MC Electrical through the Solar Quotes website. Going with MC Electrical was a great decision. I have been very impressed with the Solar service by MC Electrical. Their quote was by far the most comprehensive and the price was very competitive. They provided a number of options in their quotes which was easy to understand as compared to some of other companies I had quotes from. After I made the decision on which option to go with based on my budget and preferences, I arranged a suitable date for installation. Prior to installation MC Electrical contacted me to make sure everything was ok to go ahead. On installation day two vehicles arrived at 7.30am with the solar installers and the electrician. They were all extremely pleasant and courteous and any suggestions I had were always taken into consideration and they cleaned up very well after they had finished not like some other trades persons I have had.

The electrician had to come back the next day to complete the meter box upgrade as it required a complete upgrade and two electrician came to make the task quicker which was much appreciated. All of the Electrical Work was done to the highest standard which Made me feel very safe. The staff at MC Electrical have Also been fantastic Prior to and since the solar was installed with emails And phone calls on what to do next regarding my electricity provider. Great work to all of the MC Electrical team and I would definitely recommend anyone considering solar to contact MC Electrical for a stress free service.

Service was excellent from quoting through to install.

Cannot fault their service,from quoting,through sales and installation.
Had been in contact with Ben for many months while I was waiting for my new build,as their was changes to the build and house electrical. Nothing was too hard and all handled professionally and promptly.
Josh came out about 2 weeks prior to install to check the roof and panel position and to confirm from the aerial view from "Nearmaps" and then to change the panel layout to suit.
Josh came out with his team on time for the install and explained everything on finish and cleaned up.
The girls from the office are going to organise nearly everything,I will just have to make one phone call to my supplier.
Many thanks to the team.

Outstanding service and excellent product

The whole process with MC Electrical was a pleasure. They’re professional, helpful, friendly, and reliable. We’re very happy and will recommend to others any chance we get. Show additional information

Great company to arrange our solar panels. Kept us up to date with communication and details of installation and everything we needed to know. From sales to installers and office staff very friendly and professional. Show additional information

Quality installer

Couldn't recommend MC Electrical more. The service and communication from quote to installation was excellent. The after installation support is better then expected with every step explained clearly. Installation was completed ahead of schedule and the results greater then promised.
The after installation support and offer to assist in choosing the right energy company/plan was very helpfull.

Good honest advice

Nicole from sales was very knowledgeable and gave as a system to meet our needs. The office keep us in the loop regarding installation date, and installation was very neat and tidy with no cables visible. Show additional information

Sunpower/Enphase installation by MC Electrical

General:

Fantastic customer service from day one! During every step of the way (quotation, sales, order, installation, and after-sales), the representatives were courteous, professional and more importantly listened to what I required and/or were happy to answer any questions that I had (and I had many!).

To be a little more specific:

1) Initial impressions and sales:
Jem was so lovely and welcoming at the admin department, Winston (sales) took us through the process from the beginning, and Mark Cavanagh himself took the time to listen and answer all of our questions and explained/addressed each one of them thoroughly. It made a big difference to be able to discuss all of these questions with someone who is passionate and has a genuine interest in delivering quality products. And with solar, you want the peace of mind that it will still be working as expected 10 years from now, and that there are people who care and support you throughout the journey.

2) Installation and workmanship:
Firstly, they came right on time, and everyone was very polite, friendly, professional and the tidiest electricians we have come across! Jason and David Buchanan also had a look at our roof again and realised that they could fit in more panels to a section than what was initially designed and happily informed me if I would like to proceed down that route or otherwise (which I was happy with as it freed up my other roofspace for future panels). Clearly shows that they were not just there to do a rushed a job and leave. Also there at the time were Finn and Adam. All the team members maintained an excellent standard for each of the tasks that they were handling. They made sure we were happy with everything, and went above our expectations, and even took some photos for us of the installation at the end and what it looks like on the roof.

3) After Sales:
Straight after the installation, Kaitlin checked in to make sure that everything is working well and helped us explain what we needed to do next (e.g. meter upgrade with the retailer). She also constantly followed up with us regarding the system to ensure that we were happy and it was performing as intended. Her professionalism, and more important her communication timing was impeccable (she literally responds and follows up to any query within the day or follows up internally if she isn’t able to help). I have now also proceeded to installing additional panels (at my ‘freed’ up roof space done during the initial install) so a shout out also goes to Winston, Mark Bunting and Shane Williams to help coordinate this request.

Last thoughts:

We naturally obtained different quotes from other solar companies, and we felt most confident with proceeding with the MC Electrical team at the end of the day. They might not be the cheapest quote to begin with however, I also don’t consider their pricing to be a rip-off and you essentially get what you pay for. If ever in doubt, just visit them in the office and start your technical discussions - they will be more than happy to take the time to answer every query you may have any assist you in your journey in making an informed decision!

Highly professional and proficient team

The team from initial meeting to installation to after-service has been just excellent. They pride in their work and it shows in everything they do.

They have helped us at every step of the way. And continue to do so with no hesitation. Every little bit makes a huge difference.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

Excellent Process Allround

The whole process from quoting through to installation was excellent, including customer service. Frequent updates and everything promised was delivered! Show additional information

Fantastic

Our installers Michael, Finn and Damien were so very professional, polite and courteous. They instilled great confidence. MC Electrical is highly professional and have walked with us and supported us through the whole process. Show additional information

Great company and solar system

MC Electrical, Sales team and accounting, nice and friendly. Courtesy calls before installation, on installation day and afterwards to follow up and support in case of any question and proceed next steps.
Installer team arrived on time and finished sooner than planned. They have done a nice and tidy installation. They met all of my expectations. Highly recommended.

One of the best experiences I've had with any company

Everything was amazing, from the quoting process, the invoicing, the instructions on what would happen and when, the installation, the help when fully ready, everything. Great people and very helpful. I'm extremely happy with the system and these guys are obviously in the solar business for the long haul and not just for the money. Would recommend to everyone. Show additional information

Excellent install, great customer service!

I was recommended MC Electrical by a friend and after some research they seemed excellent. They weren't the cheapest(nor were they expensive) but you generally get what you pay with these things and if you go for the cheapest then you will get the cheapest equipment/service etc. MC Electrical had honest and thorough info on the website and the initial quoting process was done by an installer not a sales person. The install was completed when they said it would be and I really didn't have to do much at all to get connected. Show additional information