MC Electrical

MC Electrical Reviews

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

MC Electrical Reviews (1217)

Original Review on 20-01-2021:

Very thorough company that really take their job serious and do a great job at it

The only company that showed me their brackets and how they install them and really took our house install requirements into account. Although they have a long lead time for install this shows the quality of their work as everyone wants to use them. Customer service so far (install in March 2021) has been great. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Cassandra: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are saving more now a year later then when it first got installed!

Original Review on 12-01-2021:

All the blokes were fantastic and so helpful as is the manager and staff of the company

The solar quotes from MC Electrical were extremely helpful through a long period from when I first contacted them in August last year. My partner died on 29th October from cancer and they were very helpful and understanding of my circumstances.. They provided three aerial photo's showing all the installation variations and possibilities
The installation went very well and yes they were all very polite, helpful,tidy and punctual. Two weeks before the installation they were suggesting it would happen in February 2021. A week later they rang back and said they could fit it in in December 2020 which I was very happy with.
They are now in the process of helping to organise the grid connection seeing that it was only installed on the 24th December 2020.
I could not be happier at this early stage with everything that M C Solar have done,exceptional.
And may I congratulate Finn Peacock on the services he provided as well.
NB. The system size is actually 6.4 W but that was not an option on your list.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, over and above my expectations. Extremely happy with the installers and the finished installation in every respect.

Total Professionalism

All 3 companies recommended by SolarQuotes were companies I could have dealt with and pricing all within the ballpark. The choice came down to a product preference and confidence built from post quote questioning and research into each organisation. MC Electrical's knowledge based approach (incl Mark's Blog ) was influential. I delayed the job while other works were completed on the property and during this period I interacted with my consultant with a heap of technical questions (probably to her chagrin): the response to these questions reinforced my confidence that I had made the right choice. The installation was carried out super professionally with a knowledgeable team that I was more than happy to be on the property. Post installation commissioning was also carried out professionally.

Job well done

They did a great job of installing the system and left the property clean and tidy
Had great communications and backup and would recommend them for future work
I will be recommending them to other friends and family

Surgical installation

Installed 13.2Kw Qcell duo G9+, Fronius Symo and Solar Analytics with full switchboard upgrade and relocated to inside of garage for the best protection from elements.

Sales and quoting process was nothing short of fantastic. As a customer I had many questions on email which was always answered often within an hour. Extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Installation team on the day arrived on time. I had requested additional electrical work with a new switchboard and the team stayed behind well after 5pm to make absolutely sure everything worked.

Work area was left in the same condition after completion and very tidy. The team work very well together, extremely high attention to detail and very friendly.

A big thank you to the video content from Solar Quotes and MC Electrical! Can’t wait for the savings to kick in. I am extremely happy I went with MC Electrical!

Solar Satisfaction

Transparent pricing is there on the website. They have great resources on their website to help with your solar knowledge. No hassle quotations and roof measure to ensure the design is right for your installation. All questions and queries answered promptly and alternate options discussed. Team polite and professional with a neat installation and followup. I liked the fact this company was local, committed to developing their employees, has been around for 10 years + and intends to be around for many more. We wanted a quality installation and have not been disappointed.

Meter changeout and grid connection by provider all occurred within 3 weeks. It was hassle free. You will not be disappointed if you choose MC Electrical.

Go MC

We found the quotation process easy and straightforward. Mark explained everything we needed to know and Ben crunched the numbers like a superhero. The installation was faultless - arriving at 0730, the guys were out of there by 1750. No mes, no fuss. Shane explained in detail how the system worked and what the next steps were. What more is there to say? The system is happily working away, converting those rays,

Good service

Fast quote. Very knowledgeable. Not yet installed but happy so far.

Top Class Solar Installer

MC Electrical are a friendly and professional company. From quoting to installation to grid connection to post sales follow up, they have supported us through the whole journey with top class service. They have an amazing team and I would recommend them to anyone interested in moving to solar power.

The easiest vendor of our build to deal with.

I am aware a lot of people are having trouble with their solar retailers. I suspect its the nature of the industry with its race to the bottom. MC Electrical were not the cheapest, but after some considered research they were chosen. Our new homestead build had its issues (mostly Covid related delays) however MC Electrical were the easiest of all the vendors to deal with. They took the time to do absolutely everything for me. Very sophisticated customer experience processes. Genuine 5 stars.

Great company to deal with.

MC Electrical was recommended by a friend and they did not disappoint. From the initial discussion on options through to the installation of the system and after sales service, the team at MC Electrical were professional and efficient.

Installers you can trust

Sales:
"Spotless" had time when ever I had questions and gave links for me to read so it wasn't just his word.

Installation:
"Spotless" Friendly team that didn't leave a trace of there work behind

Customer service:
Happy

Professional/ efficient service

The installation was done on time with no problems. The work performed was fully explained. The after installation service was very obliging to help us understand the operation of the system with the app.

Highly recommend professional company

Very professional service from quoting to installation and after sales service. Very happy customers.

Professional Company

The sales person was very informative, and helpful. While he did look at and consider the potential inverter positions, it would have been nice, if he walked around the house, rather than "google mapping" the solar panel positions. While the positions chosen are the most logical, additional work needs to be done now to remove trees.

Installers were polite and on time, and appear to have done a good job, and left next to no rubbish behind.

Grid connection is well under way, and has been a smooth process to date.

Really good installer and we're a pleasure to deal with.

A really good and competent installer for my Solar system, booked them after hearing good things from acquaintances and did not disappointment. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting solar.
On time, courteous and and great customer service both for sales and installation.

Great Service

Great service starting with a detailed, in person explanation of the various solar options and then a very professional, safe and efficient installation. Am an extremely happy customer.

Very happy Customers

Sales and quoting process was excellent. The information given to us helped to decide which system to choose was very good abs factual.
The installation was also excellent as was the grid connection.

We are very happy with the system that we chose we are generating more electricity than we use.

MC electrical were a little more expensive than other providers, however the whole process ran very smoothly. We had heard many horror stories from our friends who had installed their system with cheaper providers abs components

Totally satisfied

Quotation discussions, optimisations, installation - all went very well. Most informative and helpful of the companies that I had made initial contact. Panels are on three roof surfaces and orientations.

Professionalism and excellent customer service.

Dealing with MC Electrical was a good experience from the start to the finish. They deliver excellent, professional and personable service. The company is grounded in delivering top level products with great service values. I thoroughly recommend them.

Solar experience

Good quoting process.
Suneye assessment particularly valuable due to possible tree shade issues.
Prompt efficient installation.
Friendly efficient customer service. Grid connection smooth.

Highly recommend this company

Great before and after sales service. Professional installers and attentive to all questions. Great local service. High quality products.

Highly recommend MC Electrical

I had MC Electrical install a 10kw system after obtaining a few quotes and I found them to be very professional. The install process was smooth and of high quality. Ongoing support has been the big differentiator here. They followed up with phone calls and even checked how the system was functioning well after install. I’ve been firing off questions to them and they have been more than happy to help.

Highly recommend!! I wouldn’t use anyone else.

Cheers guys

Excellent from quote to completion

I have been a very satisfied customer of MC Electrical for over 4 years. During this time they have maintained and repaired an old system through the last years of its life and recently replaced this with an updated and vastly more efficient system.
At all stages I have found everyone in the team, from sales enquiries and accounts right through to installation and after sales, to be full of useful information on options, courteous and considerate and prompt and friendly.
Any work performed onsite has been professional with reliable outcomes and the site has been left thoroughly clean and tidy.
The grid connection has been seamless with help provided at every step.
I have, and will continue to, recommended MC Electrical to my family and friends.

Very happy with the service

We were very happy with MC Electrical. From the straight forward & transparent quoting process through to installation & their after sales service we found MC Electrical to be very helpful by making a point of always keeping us informed.

All their staff are professional, courteous & friendly & were a pleasure to deal with.

The sales/quote process was transparent ie not pushy but clear with costs & helpful in recommending the most appropriate system

Installation was performed without any issues & their post installation service is excellent (ie helping us get the best value from the energy retailer).

I have no hesitation in recommending MC Electrical for your Solar needs.

Great installer. Made the right choice.

We had MC Electrical instal our solar yesterday. They were on time, professional and did a quality instal just as expected. The sales person who came by to provide the quote was not trying to push a sale and was the most knowledgeable of all the sales people we had from other companies. Their pricing was also competitive compared to other top tier installers. We would highly recommend them.

Fantastic installer and staff from start to finish, team brilliant

From assistance first learning about different tech, through to instalation and post sales tweaks, the team at MC Electrical are fantastic. They have a passion for what they do and to know about different setups, instead of just trying to sell quick and cheap solutions.

Walking the Talk

Concise and factual information at every phase from initial inquiry through to commissioning and handover. All the staff at MC Electrical, the consultant, office admin support and the electricians were pleasant to deal with. The electricians arrived on schedule delivering a very tidy installation and cleaning up at the end of the job. Excellent after installation support in getting the online system monitoring established and assisting with grid connection. My system is performing as expected and I am very satisfied with the installation and MC Electrical.

Quality, Passionate and Knowledgeable Installer!

The whole team was so customer centric from start to finish, you could tell that they are passionate about the product and services they sell. Could not recommend MC Electrical highly enough!

Awesome job and after sales support!

Prices were upfront, everything went smooth and no complaints! Thanks

Our third home solar install with MC Solar

We've now used MC Solar for solar installation at our last three homes and their quality and customer service is always great !
We've continued to use MC Solar each time as we want a long term well researched and high quality solar system with long term support and warranties you can count on if needed.
They are also very accommodating with installation as we had to push the date back several times when our new house build kept being delayed. When it comes to installation, the MC Solar installation team are employees - not sub contractors - and are all very professional, informative and respectful of your home and ensure that the cabling between panels and inverter and meter box is very neat and unobtrusive.
The sales and after sales/customer support team are also very helpful and proactive to ensure you get the optimum results from your solar.
A great locally owned business to deal with !

Excellent reliable company

Happy from start to finish.
Yorick came to discuss our options and was very knowledgeable and gave good advice.
Installation was smooth - polite competent tradesmen.
And most importantly excellent post- installation support.
Was recommended by a friend who used them and was jot disappointed.
Thank you MC Electrical!

Best service and very high quality

Like others, I found the entire process extremely easy and professional with a high level of service and attention to detail.

While you may see their costs higher than some other advertisements, they will ensure your panels are installed properly and are of very high quality. The costs pay for themselves.

Everyone was very professional and polite and explained everything I needed to know.

I would highly recommend MC Electrical to anyone.

Great communication, efficient install.

Sales and quoting over xmas break was easy, done with email and images, several options considered and settled on a 10Kw system, Q cells + fronius

The installation in April went smoothly and on time with a crew who communicated well and go the job done. It was light rain on the day but this did not seem to be a problem for them.

Connection after was done easily and all was well with the current supplier (AGL) system works really well and daytime grid usage is practically zero. Exporting max to grid on sunny days.

Great team

From the initial quote wit Mark through to installation, the MC Electrical team have been fantastic to deal with. Any questions I had were answered promptly and nothing was a problem, highly recommend them if your looking to install solar.

You couldn't do better than go with MC Electrical

I had previously researched in depth solar retailers for a friend and suggested she go with MC Electrical after having met with their sales representative. My friend was delighted with her solar panels and installation. So when it became time for my son to have solar panels installed he went with MC Electrical as well and he was delighted with the service and product he received. Then our solar panels gave up after 9 years so we knew who we would get to replace our system - MC Electrical! Once again - fantastic service, fully explained procedure and the installation went like clockwork. The service from everyone at MC Electrical is professional. Everyone is an employee - no subcontractors. Office staff who call are pleasant and informative keeping you updated with everything. The electrician and their apprentices arrive at the appointed time and are polite and clean up after themselves.
They are not the cheapest but then as my husband says "you get what you pay for". Their product and service are worth any perceived additional cost.

Confident To Refer

Customer service was a complete package from sales through to final install.
All enquiries and concerns addressed.
Price point a little higher but system components rate highly on research.
Business owner appears committed to best practice.

Great all round

Trent was amazing and talked us through everything we needed.
Hannah & Kimberley & Jackson were efficient in the office with paperwork and bills etc.
Shane kept in touch and tried his hardest for us with Energex!

The system is amazing (Enphase micro inverters) and we were pumping out 60kwh a day in winter!

Outstanding installation

I’ve just had a great solar panel experience courtesy of MC Electrical. The design was a lot trickier than I had realised with roof configuration and shade, but Trent and Suneye put together a package that’s performing better than projected. Can’t speak highly enough of the team. Top class job guys.

Professional service from sales through to implementation

This has to be one of the best companies I have ever done business.
Sales-fully explained options and solutions, no pushy sales techniques.
Service delivery-once order was placed, communication was great, appointment schedule maintained.
Installation- The workmanship and standard was very high.
Post sales-quickly respond to any questions

Very Professional

Kudos to the MC Team who were in charge of my Solar Installation from Quotes to Commissioning. You guyz were excellent in your dealings all through. 3 months since installation and overall results are as predicted.

Excellent company to deal with.

Would highly recommend MC Electrical. The customer service was great, the installation went as planned and system is producing just as they said it would. Best company I have dealt with in a long time

Exceptional customer service

Excellent customer service, went out of their way to provide advice with an insurance claim. Installation team were very professional and conducted a thorough handover before leaving the site. A++.

Brisbane's best solar installer

From initial quote to install was almost 2 years (by our own choice, initially a renovation but decided to knock down and rebuild).

Could not fault the process throughout. Builder was happy to work them, as MC Electrical were too.

We went the premium option and would have no hesitation in doing so again for our next project.

If you want to go for the best then MC Electrical is where you need to go.

Professional and efficient.

We've got very positive experience dealing with MC Electrical.
Start from the quote, to design best position for the PV panels on our roof, coming on time the day of installation
appointment, to installing 7.8KW system, and having it up and running same day, with no problem.
It's very reassuring, they only a phone call away if we ever have a question, or a problem.
Our system is working very well, and generates electricity even on the cloudy day.

Capable installer - quality work.

Very happy with the quality of the install and the equipment. The system wasn’t cheap - but the installers did a perfect job, the system is working well and they kindly removed my old TV antenna from the roof and replaced a few roof tiles which were damaged in the install. If you are looking for a quality install rather than a cheap job - I’d recommend MC Electrical.

Great business

We have just had our Solar system installed by MC Electrical and could not recommend them highly enough. Right from the very start of quoting to finish we were kept informed with what and when things were going to be done and the guys that did the actual installation were excellent, arrived on time and went out of their way to make sure everything was working before they left. An extremely professional Business and just great people to deal with.

Professional from start to finish

Customer service was great all the way though the sales process, which unfortunately seems to be a rarity in Australia these days. The installers arrived and were friendly, efficient and informative. Quality install. These guys take pride in what they are doing. Very happy with my choice and would highly recommend MC Electrical.

Great interaction, easy install

It was a pleasure to work with MC Electrical from initial contact through to final install. They were professional, responsive and knew their stuff. I felt like I was getting good advice at every stage.

Problem fixed with after sales customer service

Had my instalation for 2 yrs and few months. Had a problem with the fuse tripping this week 2021.The boys came out and fixed the issue promptly. It was little black ants that were tripping the fuse, couldn't believe it but replaced the fuse with new one. This aust company is a good example of prompt service and friendly professional tradesmen. 5stars plus.