MC Electrical Reviews

At MC Electrical, "We Know Solar":

• We are a CEC Approved Retailers, Master Electricians and Electrical Contractors.
  • Mark the owner, Ryan the Operations Manager, and Shane the Service Manager are all qualified Solar Electricians. We know Solar.
  • With around 11 Solar Electricians and 10 Electrical apprentices, a Carpenter and 3 Roofers on staff, we focus on quality control.
  • A quality installation doesn’t happen by shopping around for the cheapest install team. Quality Control only begins because we never subcontract.
  • “Solar Design” isn’t a throwaway line. Our consultants are continually trained and updated on our new products, and how best to design with performance and value in mind.
  • Read Mark’s blog to find out why we are considered around Australia to be Solar Industry thought leaders.
  • We won’t ignore you once the final invoice is paid. Read our reviews to see what our customers say about our after sales customer service.
  • Is your budget tight? There is no need to compromise on quality. Ask us about a zero deposit Green loan.

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

MC Electrical Reviews (1163)

Top experience

MC Electrical were great from the get go. I've installed solar before on our old place but went out to 3 different companies this time for a quote and MC were the first to reply. They didn't push anything at any time and were happy to answer any questions I had. I felt the other two installers I approached either didn't have the depth of experience MC had or weren't interested to follow up. MC worked with my requirements and came up with a genuinely tailored design that is working as promised one month in. From office to site team, I can't fault them or recommend them enough.

MC Electrical you can trust

MC Electrical were super easy to work with from first contact. We were confident knowing they were the best in the business referred to us by friends. They have an awesome team, the guys that were here on installation day friendly and easy going. No issues at all so if you're looking for solar do not hesitate to get in touch with MC Electrical they know their stuff. Having solar installed is a must investment!!

Above and Beyond

From the initial phone consultation with Ben it was clear I was dealing with a quality company. There was no hard sell, just the facts and heaps of useful information.

The install team arrived on time and were a pleasure to deal with leaving no mess behind!

The after sales support is where MC Electrical really shine, from the replacement of cracked tiles to getting my system running flawlessly, they were quick to resolve any issues I had!

I would highly recommend MC ELECTRICAL to anyone looking for quality and service that is truly second to none!!

Choose MC Electrical & Thank Me Later

The entire process from initial request to installation was simple yet professional. There was not a hitch during my installation, communication was spot on and all of MC Electrical's supplementary information is presented on professional flyers as well as easy to find website links. On the day of installation, the installers used ladder guards to prevent scratches to your gutter and cleaned up after themselves. Clean and conscientious tradies? Yes, they do exist and they work for MC Electrical.

I cannot recommend the team at MC Electrical enough so do yourself a favour, and have your solar panels installed by them.

Outstanding Professional Service and Product

MC Electrical from their sales / quote process to the installation and aftercare have been great. They tailored the system for our needs, giving us the option of several different brands to provide us many budgetary options. The sales process detailed the hardware that would be used as part of the installation process, and realistic expectations on timeframes from quote acceptance through to the time required for the retailer to update our meters.

Following the installation of the system, MC Electrical have monitored our system to ensure it is operating as designed. This feedback has provided piece of mind for such an important investment. We have recommended MC Electrical to our family and friends who have engaged MC Electrical to install their solar systems also.

Good result!

Very happy with the quoting process, install and the follow up service.
So far so good!

Quality install

Really happy with the price and Installation from mcq electrical. The Install was completed within two days despite rainy conditions by 2 qualified electricians and 1 apprentice.

Would highly recommend.

Great company to deal with

Got a few quotes and MC Electrical were the most helpful and not pushy at all like some others. Jaime was extremely helpful and was happy to answer all of my questions, and I had quite a few. Every stage of the process ran smoothly with no issues at all, except for the hot water timer not working but they came out and fixed it the same day I called up about it. Great service. Couldn't be happier.

Got referred by one of my colleague and MC electrical were very good with the service / quality and installation.

The process was simple, quote received on time, installation was completed without any interruptions and recommended best retailer to choose from.

Very happy solar farmer!

One of the first projects I wanted to do when I moved up to Brisbane & into my townhouse was to get solar installed and take advantage of the sunshine up here. I got 5 quotes from various installers, some local, some national with wildly differing prices and specs. The solar quotes comparison sheet was invaluable for my decision making process. The team at MC have been fantastic from the initial enquiry to additional questions and the install itself. Time will tell on the quality of the system, but as for the service, I can't fault one element.

Highly recommended

The whole process was flawless. Everything from the original quote to the post install follow up happened on time. All the staff were friendly, helpful and informative. Their quote was slightly above the others and I am so glad I went with quality and not price.
I would recommend them.

MC Electrical

The whole end-to-end process was an absolute pleasure. I was given a lot of really helpful and objective advice as to support my decision and the sales rep took me through the solar industry and different panel and inverter makes and models . The install was really perfect! The team were really polite, friendly and very respectful of our property - they also took a lot of pride in their work and the connection running up the side of the house from inverter to panels was really well laid and installed - looks clean! The follow-up service is really reassuring and provides me a lot of comfort that the system is running smoothly and correctly...all-in-all I totally recommend MC Electrical...very happy!!!

Great company and very happy with the system

Great company and we are very happy with the system. Glad we paid the extra for a quality install.

A reliable, good quality solar system

The MC Electrical Sales and install team were professional and a pleasure to do business with. I have recommended them to family and friends.

Easy to talk to! Fantastic Customer Service!

Trent was really helpful during our quoting process and showed us different solar panel positions to maximise the use of our solar.

Went to their office, asked few more questions / clarifications about solar and they happily answered our queries.

Installation day went quick. Dane and his team are really good. Very professional.

Post installation customer service is great too! Replaced our roof tile.

They have longer product warranties than others I’ve talk to.

Excellent Installer

MC Electrical came highly recommended and deservedly so.

Right from the start when we met with the sales person who physically looked at the roof, where we wanted the inverter installed as well as the meter box location, taking measurements as he went, through to the team arriving on time and finishing up ahead of time. They have great teamwork and take pride in the work they do.

Apart from the finished product there was no sign of them having been here, i.e. no mess or other issues.

The lead installer took his time running us through the use of the system, safety aspects (system shutdown/powerup) and what to expect next.

We highly recommend MC Electrical to anybody who is after a quality installation using quality components and great customer service.

Up & Running

The customer service from day one has been second to none. We obtained quotes from multiple installers and MC Electrical was by far the most helpful and knowledgeable, the information on their website is invaluable. They were never pushy, and they explained everything as they went along.

We originally wanted to install a 6.0 Kw system, but ended up with a 5.2 Kw system.
Mark Bunting the solar consultant advised us that we should go with the smaller system, due to the numerous facets & angles of our roof. He also advised us that the additional benefit we would receive from the larger system did not warrant the extra cost to install the additional panels.

The Electrician and installers were polite and professional the whole time they were onsite and performed and neat and tidy install. The whole process from quote to install and beyond has been very well detailed, this made us glad we chose MC Electrical and can’t recommend them highly enough.

Fantastic Installer - couldn't ask for more

- Sales process was very thorough but not very time consuming (seamless).
- Instillation was tidy, installer was punctual, polite and all done in one day.
- Price was expensive but you get what you pay for. The savings we have made in our first year are almost half the cost of the instillation, so it will likely pay for itself within 2.5 years!
- Customer service has been awesome - MC has checked in numerous times post installation to provide updates on how the system is running and notify if there seems to be any issues - not something most installers do.
- Could not rate MC higher!

Great Installers, great system, great service.

Great sales quote process. More expensive than others but looked better quality from inverters, panels and fittings.

Installers great. Arrived when they said they would. Tidied up. Replaced previously broken tiles.

Great after sales service.

Fantastic from start to finish

Excellent service from quoting to installation and great quality product

Best of the bunch!

Very professional, informative and efficient from first contact to completion of solar installation & after installation with WiFi connection.

Very professional

The customer service from day one has been second to none. We obtained quotes from multiple installers and MC Electrical was by far the most helpful and knowledgeable, the information on their website is invaluable. They were never pushy and we didn’t receive cut and paste car salesman emails professing to have the biggest and best system. The Electrician and installers were polite and professional the whole time they were onsite and performed and neat and tidy install. The after install support has and continues to be excellent. The whole process from quote to install and beyond has been very well detailed which hasn’t left us wondering, what next? I’m glad we chose MC Electrical and can’t recommend them highly enough.

Really good advice and excellent post installation service.

As above. Can't fault it. At no time did we feel we were being pressured or given a hard sell. Quality products installed by people who know what they're talking about.

Professional from Start to Finish

I chose MC Electrical to install 20 Q Peak panels and a Fronius inverter. The quotation included several options, each clearly explained and illustrated, which made comparisons with other quotations relatively easy. Their documentation is first rate.The entire process was exceptionally well-communicated, and office personnel and the MC electricians were very professional and supportive.
I rarely rate a company as 'five star', but MC Electrical deserves it.

AMAZING FROM GO TO WO

I hear some terrible things about some in the solar industry but MC Electrical go above and beyond with fantastic and ongoing service. From our first meeting, I spoke to an actual seasoned Electrician with no hard sell just facts and easy to understand information. From there everything ran very smoothly and happened as scheduled. We chose the American Panels and they have been performing way above expectations. We have gone from an average power bill of $600.00 per Qtr. before Solar to credits each month which now stands at $253.00 credit with our power company. Pretty good considering we have a swimming pool as well. I will continue to highly recommend MC Electrical as a very professional company who obviously stand behind their Staff and products. Extremely happy and at this rate our 6KW System (25 year Warranty) will be paid off in 4 years or less. One less bill to worry about in retirement.

Brilliant service

Initial meeting for a quote was polite, professional and knowledgeable.

Organisation and installation was punctual.

Trades were polite and tidy.

Customer service was fantastic the whole way though and afterwards.

This is the kind of company you want working on your house, a true 5 star, A1 company and tradespeople.

Fantastic installer, great customer service.

Mc electrical were professional and friendly
Form the start. Our consultant Nicole was professional and educated. The customer service was outstanding and all the girls (Hannah and Jem) kept me up to date on everything and checked in regularly. The installers were friendly and professional and walked you through everything at the end of the install. Highly recommend

8.2kw Fronius inverter, Sunpower panels

I had a great install from Shane and the boys.
plus all the help after the install setting up
solar web app to monitor my usage and what I’m
feeding back into the grid.
cost little bit more but got excellent quality system
and service.
Much appreciated
Thanks

"Simply the best!!"

A friendly efficient team who worked well together. The team leader communicated with me and answered any and all questions I posed.
They arrived at the scheduled time and got into it straight away and from my observations they loved what they were doing and took pride in their workmanship.

Couldn’t be happier.

Very satisfied with every aspect of this PV installation. All of my questions answered thoroughly. Staff are courteous and hardworking. Any wonder they came highly recommended. I have no hesitation recommending MC Electrical Solar installations.

Fantastic installation and customer service

Very efficient and friendly quoting service.
Installation was quick with no dramas, the guys worked there butts off in very hot conditions.
Customer service has always been fantastic.

We are happy and getting great reductions in our power bills (usually we’re in credit).

Outstanding after sell service

Just one month after installation so still looking for the value for money, otherwise, installation and customer service have been exceptional, they really know their business and are very kind to help their clients.

Fantastic team! With brilliant pre and post installation service

I was incredibly happy with the entire process. Everything was outlined thoroughly and a suitable system size was decided upon. Both the pre and post service from the team was impeccable! Couldn't have wanted more from them. Still, now they follow up occasionally to ensure everything is working as expected. Highly recommended!

Professional service

Came to the Sales and quoting from this company after much research and contact with other suppliers, most of whom did not do the installation themselves. (Thumbs down) MC quoted with factual advice, rather than making nebulous comparisons with other suppliers. After an onsite visit, they gave a time frame for acceptance of quote and it was up to me to make a decision without being hassled, but with the option to discuss further if necessary. Decision made, deposit received, and another expert did a complete onsite analysis using professional technical tools to place the panels to best advantage. Some weeks later, the team turned up on time and were accommodating, cheerful and industrious throughout the day, keeping me informed of their progress.
Installed Enphase IQ7+ Micro Inverters with 8.4kw Qcell 350w panels. I have yet to experience their after sales service, but at this stage I would highly recommend this company. Initial impressions are all positive.
Premature to rate value for money or quality as 5 star, as the system is not yet activated.

Top solar system installation

The team at MC Electrical were outstanding from the very first contact. The salesperson was genuine and honest and the installation team were professional, polite and efficient. The job included removing an old system which was done with care and respect for our home. An excellent representation for this company.

Very happy with the service and quality of work

Couldn't be happier with the experience and service both before and after installation. Also they only offer quality products so have confidence in what I was buying.

Fantastic installer

Sales team great. Gem, Nicole and Caitlin were very helpful and informative. The installation team were punctual, informative, polite and no mess left at all. A great installation team

Glad I chose these guys.

After copious amounts of google researching on various sites I had narrowed my search down to 2 installer in the greater Brisbane area .I found all the information I needed answered on MC electrical website/ blog & youtube channel.I went with MC as they were very helpful at every step of the process & gave me exactly what I wanted. I'm no solar expert by any means so was happy to take very good advice from them also. They only deal in reputable products & met all of there promised timelines. Very proffessionals outfit. Thanks for a great system & install, 6 months since installation was completed & I'm $600 in credit with my power company. Couldn't be happier

Great installation!

The MC Electrical team did a great job from start to finish. The sales and quoting process was very informative and transparent and helped us make the right decision on the most optimal system to install and how to achieve excellent work quality and presentation, especially noting the plethora of available products and installers in this market. The quality of the materials used and the work performed was of a high standard. The system is performing well. MC Electrical's interactions with us throughout were exceptional. This is a very professional, reliable and respectful team which has a lot of experience in its trade and takes great pride in its work.

Great installation team, as well as during and after sales service. Waiting to see if performance matches service.. so far so good. Payback and longevity of the product is what I am keen to see in the longer term, but I can not fault MC on any step to date. Take the time to understand what you are getting and most will find the install quality is a very big piece of the puzzle. Quality products with a price range for everyone.

Fast and efficient

Not the cheapest system out there but top quality and meeting all expectations.
Installation was fast and efficient. They arrived as promised and fly day’s end we were up and running.
Great communication from acceptance to final installation.

Excellent customer service

The whole process from providing quotes to post installation follow-ups was excellent. All the staff I dealt with (sales, admin, installers, etc.) were patient and answered all my questions. They were not pushy but was assuring to let us know they will be there for any questions I have until I am ready to 'take the leap'.

The installation staff were all polite and showed up on time. They are very respectful of our privacy especially when we were working from home. We encountered some issues post installation and they were very promptly followed-up and rectified, and constantly keeping us informed on the progress.

The office staff also followed up post installation to assist with any questions e.g. setting up of the account, solar production yield, remote monitoring, etc.

All in all I am very happy to have gone with MC Electrical. They were not the cheapest from the 4 quotes I had obtained (not the most expensive either), but their attention to detail, patience, customer service and follow ups were excellent, which provided me with great assurance on our long term investment.

Further research also informed me that the owner maintains a current and very informative blog, and has a wealth of knowledge in this industry. Clearly he is in it for the long haul and displayed a very keen interest in solar technology, which further cemented my assurance on the company's trust worthiness.

Thank you.

Fantastic Solar Company

We were extemely happy with the service we received from MC Electrical from our first contact with them. The consultant Yorick who came to do the quote was very helpful in explaining the whole process with us. WIth all the contacts from the company letting us know when everything was going ahead and to the guys who did the installation on an incredibly hot day we could not have been more impressed with the professionalism from everyone at MC Electrical and would recommend them to anyone who is looking at putting in solar.

Very thorough company that really take their job serious and do a great job at it

The only company that showed me their brackets and how they install them and really took our house install requirements into account. Although they have a long lead time for install this shows the quality of their work as everyone wants to use them. Customer service so far (install in March 2021) has been great.

Excellent service!!!

People at MC Electrical know exactly what they are doing. Honest and very professional all throughout. No gimmicks to get a sale. Not the cheapest but you definitely get what you pay for and more. Hassle free transaction from initial meet to installation and post. You guys rock!

So happy with our solar system and the whole quote to installation process was fantastic!

We were impressed with MC Electrical from go-to-whoa! Great service pre and post installation. Thoroughly recommended!

6.6 kw system

5 stars for sure for customers service team. Always reply our call or email straight after even after the solar been installed good shoutout to Tran he did a great job of explaining to us how solar work so we can make the right choice.

great people to do business with. very happy with them

sales/quoting process was good.
installation was very good. very polite,tidy & punctual.
after the install the company were very good also

Fantastic service & follow up

Very professional Sales person, not pushy at all, easy to understand what we were going to get, installers were not Contractors & also professional. After installation service very good. Can't believe our electricity bills have reduced so much already as we are heavy air conditioner users.

Great package

A good quality system brings a peace of mind that is part of the reason to go solar.