My Energy Group Pty Ltd

My Energy Group Pty Ltd Reviews

My Energy Group’s vision is to become the leader in the renewable energy and energy efficiency industry with the most affordable cost and the most reliable service.

My Energy Group is a National Provider of Solar Power and LED Lighting solutions from Residential Home Owners to Full-Scale Commercial Systems. In what has now become one of the fastest growing industries, we pride ourselves on our understanding of the latest technologies while providing affordable, quality products with service that cannot be beaten.

At My Energy, we are aiming to make a positive difference to the clients, environment, and society in whatever we do with a combined experience of 50 years within the industry.

The migration to renewable energy is strongly supported by the Australian Federal Government with REC as well as the state-based NSW ESC program and VIC VEET scheme. These initiatives are helping Australians save electricity by switching to renewable energy.

Reviewers report paying: $2,500 - $5,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

My Energy Group Pty Ltd Reviews (45)

4.3/5

4.3/5

4.1/5

3.8/5

Excellent Service!

Thank you for the quick installation guys. Great start to finish. The installation crew were very polite and efficient. They explained everything about the system.

I'm happy with this company

I have the new 6.6 KW solar PV system bought from My Energy Group. The price was fantastic and the installation has done on time.  I'm happy with this company. Thanks!!!

Good service

My experience with they has been wonderful. No question went unanswered, no matter how silly it might have seemed. I loved the little time maps they sent so we could see what was next as we reached each stage.

Great sales consultant and installer

Installer came onsite multiple times to look at our setup. Discussed options at length and helped select a quality system without gold plating it.

Smart meter has only just been connected, which was about a 3 week process after the Solar panels went in.

Installation was a 2 day job, even with a flat roof design the installers had not worked on before, but were able to sort without any fuss.
On a sunny day we are producing 8KWh more per day than the original estimate, so I am not complaining!

Terrible Installer, avoid.

Terrible installer, Sold us an unusable inverter (noisy), and getting replacement was extremely difficult.

Electrician for replacement inverter spent 30 seconds looking at it, talked about missing plugs, and then left.

Sales communications was terrible, without me constantly harassing them for updates and progress, I would still be waiting.

Hi Cameron,

We have worked with Fronius and yourself on this matter extensively. As per Fronius, their inverter was working fine and the alleged “noise” was purely from the fan as it is on active cooling hence the case was dismissed by Fronius.

After SolarQuotes contacted us about this matter, we have come up with a solution to give you a FREE replacement at the costs of both SolarQuotes and MyEnergyGroup to a Huawei inverter with a passive cooling technology. We believe that we have gone the extra mile to help you hence your review was unfair and inappropriate to reflect the nature of the matter.

We would kindly request that you revise or remove the review accordingly to avoid confusion to the public.

Taking TOOOOO long, customer service stops at the sales team

Sales quoting process was excellent, nevery pushy, knowledgable, pleasant to talk too.
HOWEVER, the good things stop here.

Issues
1) I was told we get our system installed by end of 2020
I sent my initial deposit October 2020
after 2 weeks, we finished solarvic application
but lo and behold suddenly change of timelines, blah blah blah, covid blah blah blah
fine, i brushed that off and moved on
Finally by 25-Jan-2021, I finally got the call to have installation date
Installation date set at 7-Feb-2021

2) Installer arrived 2 hours late
Installer arrived with wrong models of the solar panels (or inverter, forgot which one)
had to reschedule, NO ONE BOTHERED TO CALL about the rescheduling, no apoligies whatsoever
i had to chase them up myself

3) reschedule took another month, 9-March-2021
Installers arrived on time
Hard to understand and talks very fast (but i brushed that off)
When they finished, still lots of small rubbish left on the ground
installation looks neat, but i'm no expert here

4) Inspector came in on 19-March-2021
very quick, just gave us a 'thumbs up' sign, and left
I had to chase him back to his car to ask more details

5) now the waiting game
more than a month has passed and our system is not yet connected to the grid
(i think) we are already using the harvested energy because when i check via Ausnet home dashboard, energy consumption is 0 at the time the sun is up (i had to assume coz no one explained!)
I checked my energy provider, they said no paperwork has been received yet from said inspector
had to chase up MEG again, and got the response that they are still chasing up the inspector to the CES
IS THIS TIMELINE NORMAL despite covid?

How hard is it to submit the paperwork, i was very patient with them due to the whole covid situation, but barely any communication and no updates after inspection and taking suspiciously long!

I wish i never signed up with them.
Well you can sign up with them if you are still saving the money for the solar, coz anyway it will take more than 6months until the final deposit.

They have sent the final invoice, but that will have to wait until i can confirm from my energy retailer that my system is connected to the grid.

Still waiting as of this writing, the saga continues...

Very professional installer

Kenwit was very friendly and very professional, quote was reasonable priced, a bit of delay on the installation.

Very polite and competent

The sales person was good and polite and patient.
Installation good.
But still don’t have a smart meter.

Hello Frances,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are glad that you liked our people and service.

For smart meter, it is your energy retailer's responsibility and they normally take 3-4 weeks to install. As much as we would like to help you but the smart meter installation process is unfortunately out of our control.

Kind regards,
MEG Management

All good.

The sales process was good with all my questions answered. No pressure to sign the agreement.
Installation went well. Installers were polite and arrived on time.
Feedback regarding proposed installation date could be improved and a phone call after the installation to check all is well and answer any questions would be helpful.
Will definitely recommend.

"Go" then "No"

Received a quote and was told there would be a 4-6 week wait due to a backlog. Signed on the dotted line and was then told it would be 9-11 week wait?
After waiting 10 weeks installation day arrived. The plan was to fit 14 panels but that might have to drop back to 12. After installation started the installer informed me that he could only fit 9. He was only looking at fitting panel in "portrait" as it was easier for him. I asked him to remeasure in "landscape" which he did. He said he could now fit 13 panels, all good.
After a few hours of installation work the installer come down from the roof, said it was all too hard for him and he left.
The sales person informed me that the installation wasn't going to happen. They then tried to sale me a 9 panel system. As my system was going to be a two string system I asked if both strings could handle a lower number of panels. The answer was "no" so they were really selling me a 6 panel system at a 9 panel price???
Unless your roof in a rectangle I wouldn't entertain engaging with them.
Now my brand new colorbond roof has different coloured screws all over it as they didn't put the correct ones back.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Initially we sold you a 14 panel solar system with the standard portrait layout. However, when our installer went onsite, we discovered that the distance between your roof beams are wider than normal hence making portrait installation not possible with the same amount of panels. Once we discovered this problem, we tried to work out a different solution with you by reducing the number of panels and change the inverter from Sungrow to the more expensive Enphase micro inverter due to multiple roof aspects are required. However the solution was rejected by you as the performance is less than the original design for the same price with the Enphase. We accepted your cancellation request and process your deposit refund on the same day.

We take every job seriously and would not want to turn away any job unless it is not feasible to do. We are deeply sorry for not being able to deliver the system. The installation has never occurred and you suffered no financial losses hence may we request that you remove the review as it impacts our reputation. If you need some form of compensation for the inconveniences, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
MEG Management

Avoid this company

Once the sales and installation were done, the sales person ignored me where we have consumption meter, missed out. Later on during rainy day our roof leaked badly and the only way to contact the company is via general line. Installer who did the job so happened swing by to complete the inverter wifi connection could not find any cause. Installer also never do any cleanup after installation leaving all debris and nails

Excellent, Reliable and Best Value for Money

We wanted to install Solar panels in our property, but we were very scared of all the related stories that we heard from friends and relatives.
We found a reference to the solarquotes.com.au, that help us to clarify important issues. Three recommended companies provided us with a quote:

• Two contacted us only by phone, one of them from Melbourne.
• My Energy Group contacted us for an appointment on site from one of their Staff members. Aban, who was our first contact with this organisation, is a very professional, supportive, honest, friendly and knowledgeable person. Eddy the installer was efficient and polite.

We already had other quotes, however, the way Aban represented his organization convinced us to go with My Energy Group, which seemed to be well organised, very good value for money, and the warehouse and Support Team were in Sydney. It has been proven to be the best decision that we had taken.
The support that Aban and his Team provided was amazing, the installation was an easy process and on time. Even the payment was easy.

We do recommend My Energy Group without any hesitation. Sometimes we contacted Aban during weekends or outside of working hours and he and his Team always solved our doubts and made us feel safe.
As we dealt mainly with Aban, he also organised the grid connection after the installation, we could say that he is an asset for this great organisation.

Fantastic installation, second system with My Energy

The 1st 6kw system was installed in 2018 and it is perfororming very well at the momnent.
It never gives any troubles to us but saving over thousands of dollors for us.
We have purchased a new house recently and engaged with My Energy for a larger 13kw system.
Their design and quotation looks a lot more professional than the other companies, the same energy counsultant Ken served us in a polite and professional manner.
Still awaiting for the 2nd system to be installed.

Excellent service and product

The team is very communicative and efficient
The installers are friendly and even help us to fix a lamp
After installation we’ve saved a lot of money on electricity bills

Strong value for money and excellent installation

We selected My Energy Group for several reasons:

1. Best price for similar quality panels and inverter system

2. Most responsive of all sales people dealt with; answered all my questions without making us feel stupid

3. Salesperson was 'real' and didn't try to oversell us (compared to both other quotes) - really listened to our needs, both present and future, and made recommendations accordingly

Installation:
1. Was outsourced to a contractor called "Wonder Power Pty Ltd" (which Solar Quotes does not have any reviews on but should); although our My Energy agreement stated they would share details of contractor once assigned, we had to ask for the CEC certificate etc

2. On planned installation date, turned up with wrong brackets and didn't have the correct ones available; needed to then wait 3 weeks due to product delay then 'big wet' that occurred in Sydney in mid-March

3. On actual installation day, team was punctual, hard-working, quiet, polite, efficient and clean. The supervisor kept me well apprised of progress throughout the day.

Opportunities to improve:
1. Did find that we had to chase sales person on occasion to follow up as to project status

2. No follow up post-installation from anyone at My Energy Group to determine our satisfaction

3. All planned installation activity was done via email - would have appreciated a phone call as we don't check email every 5 minutes

Seamless Process

Our salesperson, Michael van Wijnen was very knowledgeable, prompt and courteous from the outset. He kept us informed on next steps and was always available with any questions we had. The installation occurred earlier than proposed, and the installation team was easy to deal with. All in all, the process was seamless. Any queries we had were handled most professionally.

Very kind explain about the system and smooth quoting process

Sales consultant provided me with kind explains about the system and with smooth quote process.
The installation is booked on 16th March so I am not sure about the quality of the system yet.
I am satisfied with the service from My Energy Group so far.

Fresh home install by My Energy Group - but no battery installed yet :(

Rowan (Sales) was helpful, knowledgeable. Suggested an alternative approach, which I ended up going with. So, appreciated that.

The installation was delayed by a week due to weather. And they don't have the battery for install, and no ETA for install.

The customer service was pretty non-existent. I think My Energy Group is great for commercial installations, but aren't great at servicing consumers - welcome note/call, keeping you informed about the process etc. Could def. improve this.

Overall, it's a week in, solar but no battery, and so far no issues. But let's see how it goes.

Original Review on 13-06-2020:

Good system for a good price and installed OK.

I got a good system for a good price and installed OK.
Other suppliers had similar components for a similar price. But some were too pushy and didn't show exactly what components they had acces to.
My Energy came up with alternate components (inverter and panels) with pricing in quick response.
The billing wasn't too complicated.
The guys who did the installation were very polite and seemed happy doing the job.
Probably the biggest problem I had was getting the Sungrow app to work.

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system is generating about 700kWh a month. So about $600 off each bill.

Original Review on 04-06-2020:

A Work in Progress

The sales and quoting process was very professional

Installation has not yet happened

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 11-05-2020:

Really good installation crew

Installers were very professional and pleasant. Full of good information. It has been a really good purchasing experience. Helpful and very good at the clean up.
Inspector is yet to sign off pre grid connection.

8 months later we asked Patrick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes I am very happy with it. I wish I had installed a larger system.

Terrible Customer Service

We chose My Energy Group because the quoting process was seemless and communication from Reece was fantastic.

Once we engaged them to go ahead with the quote, this was when the customer service went downhill and fast! They choose to communicate via email which was problematic as the emails that were being sent ended up in my Junk Folder. I missed an email regarding an instal date and only found out when I received a text message saying that my installation wasn't going ahead on the day because of bad weather! When my installation eventually did go ahead, a month and a half after giving them the go ahead and paying the deposit, they didn't have the inverter in stock! We waited another 2 months to have the inverter installed and this only occured after my threat to source my own inverter!

We are now nearly one month past the inverter installation date and they are yet to submit the relevant application to my retailer to have the system connected to the grid.

I would never recommend this company.

Great pre-sale service - slow response and action post installation

Had a great experience during the pitch and prior to the installation.

Installation went relatively smooth but there were some small issues during the installation which were promised to be fixed. This never happened even after constant back and forth with promises.

Original Review on 29-04-2020:

My Energy Solar

Ryan from My Energy was always able to help with questions and any variations we requested. Even though his mobile phone had been cut off he maintained contact with us. Installation was carried out quickly and on time , also variations to how the wiring was organized were neatly attended to as requested. They cleaned up and left the site as they found it.

No hesitation to recommend My Energy to anyone in the future.

8 months later we asked Shane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

the system performs well although a bit lower output than I would have hoped. Regularly runs at about 50% capacity but given the aspect of the panels I'm happy enough. No problems with the running of the system reliability wise.

Easy, efficient installation.

My Energy Group provide an easy and efficient service from start to finish. The sales staff were helpful, concise and knowledgeable. Follow up to the sale was excellent, with ongoing communication and help whenever I had questions. The installation was very efficient and I was given a full briefing regarding the system once the installation was completed. Very happy, no problems at all.

Easy to deal with & responsive.

Sales & quoting was prompt & responsive to queries/ questions.
The installation go smoothly, on time & polite. However, could be better in communication & final clean up/ tidiness.
They are a little bit late in providing post installation documentation (CCWE form, etc.). Their document stated that it will be provided straight on receiving final payment. However, it took two days for me to receipt them after sending a reminder email to the company.

Original Review on 19-03-2020:

No Pressure

I chose My energy group because it provided me with the information i required regarding the systems available and the relevant pricing. The consultant answered all my questions and provided me with an understanding in regards to the layout of the panels. I was satisfied with the the recommendation of the size of the system to suit my lifestyle and the orientation of the house. Whilst it has not been installed yet, I do not expect any problems as it is a straight forward installation. The application for the Vic home solar rebate was seamless with my energy providing me with the relevant portal to make my application. Original ratings

8 months later we asked James: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has been performing as per the projections.

Efficient and helpful.

The sales and quoting process was good, although they weren’t the fastest to respond. A salesperson visited the site and was polite and informative. There was no “hard sell”. The price of the package was good - slightly better than the other two I sought - and the installation date was very quick.

The installation took longer than expected (it took two days rather than one) and the installers didn’t seem as “joined up” or service focused as the sales/quotation team. However, they were very conscientious and cleaned up well after themselves and the installation itself was very “neat”.

The system is not quite as efficient as I think I was told - So far, the 7.7kwh system only ever really peaks at 6kwh. This is likely a function of the panels not being north facing but I wasn’t told at the time of the quotation that this would be the case. That is probably only gripe - all up, a pretty good experience.

Long overdue feedback on a year old system. Great company to deal with.

Received a followup call from the sales rep after 14 months of purchase on my 5KW solar system. Keen on the Tesla battery but the price is still quite high. Pass. Anyway the system is going strong and still generating around 35kwh in a sunny day. Tiny bills to pay in winter and received credit in summer. Everything went smoothly and really happy with the products and services.

Worst experience ever

Damage to my roof, after 3 months they fired own contractors not able to fix problem.
Attempts of repairs causing more damage than good - basic lack of expertise. misleading, trying to put responsibility on everybody else, very untrustworthy business.
Efficiency of solar panels at least half lower then estimated.
Please, do not take any discounted price offer or recent "$0 upfront" advertisement cause you will lose much more: time, health etc. for all problems they can cause.

19/11/2020:
Unfortunately accident occurred and the damaged tiles were replaced promptly. The responsible contractor has been dealt with. In terms of the roof leaking, suspect that it might have caused by building defects by their builder/roofer who have been avoiding the issue. Organised an independent VCAT and VBA authorised inspector HOUSPECT INSPECTORS to conduct an independent assessment of the issue but were turned down by Kate. Happy to help Kate to find out the cause of the leaking and resolve it but needs a bit more cooperation from her.

Thanks,
MEG Management.

A good balance of price vs quality vs service

Pricing in the middle
Quality of product was just below the best you can buy
Service was fast, informative and helpful

Good, professional service, but lacking a retail market touch

After sales not brilliant. Perhaps ok for their usual commercial clients, but not good enough for retail which perhaps needs a bit more care after the sale.
Installation etc very well done.

Original Review on 09-03-2020:

Best price but poor communication regarding installation and follow up

Sales person was good, but the installation was subcontracted to another company (was not aware this was going to happen). The installation company did not have the design plans and put the panels in the wrong formation. We eventually sorted it out, and I Think they did a good job, although still waiting for certification from Vic Energy. But again, they were markedly cheaper and used the same panels/inverters as competitors. Original ratings

Dear Augus,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and your feedback is utmost important for our constant improvement.

Due to the overwhelmingly demand of solar systems, it is a common practice to use licensed contractors to carry the jobs. Rest assure that all our installers are well trained and have tremendous experiences in the solar industry. It was indeed our installer’s fault for forgetting to bring along the design plan and this will not happen again. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

As for the certification from VIC, the lead time is 4~8 weeks and it is unfortunately not within our control. We will chase up and get back to you in due course.

Once again, thank you for your business and I am sure that you will get to enjoy the savings from our quality solar package.

8 months later we asked Angus: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So fa so good. Very happy to this point

Good Sales Service

The sales and quoting process was great. But install could have been a bit better.

Electricity produced more than expected

I have got my 10kw system (8kw inverter) installed 2 and half years ago, average daily production now is around 50kwh with much more produced during summertime. I have a swimming pool that uses lots of electricity. The production is even higher than the estimation on the quote, very happy with the service provided.

My energy group solar instal

Best price we were quoted, not pushy just friendly and same quality system.
Still too early to comment on performance but service up to installation has been good.

My install

Sales quoting was very good from Reece.
Installer seemed a bit disorganised taking a long time. Thought they would take there rubbish not fill my bin.
They did a great job of install on the roof. It looks great
Grid connections are still to be done

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great company to deal with

Reece, the sales person was responsive and respectful. He didn’t do the standard marketing pitch to try to get me to sign but gave the facts and answered my questions to help me understand more.
The installation went fine and the installers were friendly and approachable.
Office staff were responsive and got back to all of my queries in less than 24 hours.

I have recommended My Energy Group to others.

Work in progress

Installation was slow and not finished yet still waiting on a inverter to be installed . Apart from that I’m very happy with product .

My Energy installation review

The only part not ideal was that they were poor at advising dates/planned visits after an initial visit when they said they needed guardrails on the roof. After a couple of weeks they returned and installed it without any guardrails. There was no help in attaching the wifi but a useful website had the steps

Painless process

The whole installation was done during lockdown. The sales quoting process was very easy and painless. I had a telephone conversation with Reece Valvo who answered all my questions politely and never had the impression that he was trying to push any specific product; he was giving me the facts and allowing me to make the decision.
The installers were punctual, polite and cleaned after themselves.
I could not have asked or hoped for the process to be easier!

Efficient and Honest

By the way, all three vendors from SolarQuotes who gave me quotes were polite and generous with their advice. They gave consistent advice on inverter and batteries, which gave me peace of mind. They were respectful unlike other vendors and solar quotes provider who chased us day and night trying to make us sign!!

We now recommend our friends and family to use SolarQuotes. The best provider for getting the system you want. We have gone through other similar provider but not as efficient and transparent like SolarQuotes, having to go back and forth for pricing and in the end didn't get what we wanted because they were they one dealing with the vendors, not us.

Great Service, Easy to deal with, quick replies

Great Service, Easy to deal with, quick replies, Any Questions were quickly dealt with, The process was smooth

Well done at every stage.

The quotation stage was handled by Chris Lim, he answered all my many many technical questions promptly and the quote was very competitive.
The ordering was easy and everything taken care of. Delivery took a little longer than expected but with COV 19 that was to be expected .
Installation was first class,the installers were very good and nothing was too much trouble for them. My son who has his own electrical contracting firm inspected the work and was very pleased with their workmanship.
System working very well. I could not use the APP as my router is about 35 mtrs from the inverter and hence the signal is not strong enough (the range is about 8 mtrs) I was going to use another router extension via cat5 cable, but I can get most of the data via Electricity supplier sites so most likely will not bother.

Well done to all at My Energy Group.

Stil waiting