My Energy Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About My Energy Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

My Energy Group Pty Ltd
Silver Partner
My Energy Group Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 82 612 157 687  ABN active since 02 May 2016 | My Energy Group Pty Ltd
ACN: 612 157 687  ACN active since 02 May 2016 | My Energy Group Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 320471C My Energy Group Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,412 - $9,990 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

My Energy Group’s vision is to become the leader in the renewable energy and energy efficiency industry with the most affordable cost and the most reliable service.

My Energy Group is a National Provider of Solar Power and LED Lighting solutions from Residential Home Owners to Full-Scale Commercial Systems. In what has now become one of the fastest growing industries, we pride ourselves on our understanding of the latest technologies while providing affordable, quality products with service that cannot be beaten.

At My Energy, we are aiming to make a positive difference to the clients, environment, and society in whatever we do with a combined experience of 50 years within the industry.

The migration to renewable energy is strongly supported by the Australian Federal Government with REC as well as the state-based NSW ESC program and VIC VEET scheme. These initiatives are helping Australians save electricity by switching to renewable energy.

My Energy Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Fresh home install by My Energy Group - but no battery installed yet :(

Rowan (Sales) was helpful, knowledgeable. Suggested an alternative approach, which I ended up going with. So, appreciated that.

The installation was delayed by a week due to weather. And they don't have the battery for install, and no ETA for install.

The customer service was pretty non-existent. I think My Energy Group is great for commercial installations, but aren't great at servicing consumers - welcome note/call, keeping you informed about the process etc. Could def. improve this.

Overall, it's a week in, solar but no battery, and so far no issues. But let's see how it goes.

Good system for a good price and installed OK.

I got a good system for a good price and installed OK.
Other suppliers had similar components for a similar price. But some were too pushy and didn't show exactly what components they had acces to.
My Energy came up with alternate components (inverter and panels) with pricing in quick response.
The billing wasn't too complicated.
The guys who did the installation were very polite and seemed happy doing the job.
Probably the biggest problem I had was getting the Sungrow app to work.

A Work in Progress

The sales and quoting process was very professional

Installation has not yet happened

Really good installation crew

Installers were very professional and pleasant. Full of good information. It has been a really good purchasing experience. Helpful and very good at the clean up.
Inspector is yet to sign off pre grid connection.

Terrible Customer Service

We chose My Energy Group because the quoting process was seemless and communication from Reece was fantastic.

Once we engaged them to go ahead with the quote, this was when the customer service went downhill and fast! They choose to communicate via email which was problematic as the emails that were being sent ended up in my Junk Folder. I missed an email regarding an instal date and only found out when I received a text message saying that my installation wasn't going ahead on the day because of bad weather! When my installation eventually did go ahead, a month and a half after giving them the go ahead and paying the deposit, they didn't have the inverter in stock! We waited another 2 months to have the inverter installed and this only occured after my threat to source my own inverter!

We are now nearly one month past the inverter installation date and they are yet to submit the relevant application to my retailer to have the system connected to the grid.

I would never recommend this company.

Great pre-sale service - slow response and action post installation

Had a great experience during the pitch and prior to the installation.

Installation went relatively smooth but there were some small issues during the installation which were promised to be fixed. This never happened even after constant back and forth with promises.

My Energy Solar

Ryan from My Energy was always able to help with questions and any variations we requested. Even though his mobile phone had been cut off he maintained contact with us. Installation was carried out quickly and on time , also variations to how the wiring was organized were neatly attended to as requested. They cleaned up and left the site as they found it.

No hesitation to recommend My Energy to anyone in the future.

Easy, efficient installation.

My Energy Group provide an easy and efficient service from start to finish. The sales staff were helpful, concise and knowledgeable. Follow up to the sale was excellent, with ongoing communication and help whenever I had questions. The installation was very efficient and I was given a full briefing regarding the system once the installation was completed. Very happy, no problems at all. Show additional information

Easy to deal with & responsive.

Sales & quoting was prompt & responsive to queries/ questions.
The installation go smoothly, on time & polite. However, could be better in communication & final clean up/ tidiness.
They are a little bit late in providing post installation documentation (CCWE form, etc.). Their document stated that it will be provided straight on receiving final payment. However, it took two days for me to receipt them after sending a reminder email to the company.

No Pressure

I chose My energy group because it provided me with the information i required regarding the systems available and the relevant pricing. The consultant answered all my questions and provided me with an understanding in regards to the layout of the panels. I was satisfied with the the recommendation of the size of the system to suit my lifestyle and the orientation of the house. Whilst it has not been installed yet, I do not expect any problems as it is a straight forward installation. The application for the Vic home solar rebate was seamless with my energy providing me with the relevant portal to make my application. Show additional information

Efficient and helpful.

The sales and quoting process was good, although they weren’t the fastest to respond. A salesperson visited the site and was polite and informative. There was no “hard sell”. The price of the package was good - slightly better than the other two I sought - and the installation date was very quick.

The installation took longer than expected (it took two days rather than one) and the installers didn’t seem as “joined up” or service focused as the sales/quotation team. However, they were very conscientious and cleaned up well after themselves and the installation itself was very “neat”.

The system is not quite as efficient as I think I was told - So far, the 7.7kwh system only ever really peaks at 6kwh. This is likely a function of the panels not being north facing but I wasn’t told at the time of the quotation that this would be the case. That is probably only gripe - all up, a pretty good experience.

Long overdue feedback on a year old system. Great company to deal with.

Received a followup call from the sales rep after 14 months of purchase on my 5KW solar system. Keen on the Tesla battery but the price is still quite high. Pass. Anyway the system is going strong and still generating around 35kwh in a sunny day. Tiny bills to pay in winter and received credit in summer. Everything went smoothly and really happy with the products and services. Show additional information

Worst experience ever

Damage to my roof, after 3 months they fired own contractors not able to fix problem.
Attempts of repairs causing more damage than good - basic lack of expertise. misleading, trying to put responsibility on everybody else, very untrustworthy business.
Efficiency of solar panels at least half lower then estimated.
Please, do not take any discounted price offer or recent "$0 upfront" advertisement cause you will lose much more: time, health etc. for all problems they can cause.

19/11/2020:
Unfortunately accident occurred and the damaged tiles were replaced promptly. The responsible contractor has been dealt with. In terms of the roof leaking, suspect that it might have caused by building defects by their builder/roofer who have been avoiding the issue. Organised an independent VCAT and VBA authorised inspector HOUSPECT INSPECTORS to conduct an independent assessment of the issue but were turned down by Kate. Happy to help Kate to find out the cause of the leaking and resolve it but needs a bit more cooperation from her.

Thanks,
MEG Management.

A good balance of price vs quality vs service

Pricing in the middle
Quality of product was just below the best you can buy
Service was fast, informative and helpful

Good, professional service, but lacking a retail market touch

After sales not brilliant. Perhaps ok for their usual commercial clients, but not good enough for retail which perhaps needs a bit more care after the sale.
Installation etc very well done.

Best price but poor communication regarding installation and follow up

Sales person was good, but the installation was subcontracted to another company (was not aware this was going to happen). The installation company did not have the design plans and put the panels in the wrong formation. We eventually sorted it out, and I Think they did a good job, although still waiting for certification from Vic Energy. But again, they were markedly cheaper and used the same panels/inverters as competitors.

Dear Augus,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and your feedback is utmost important for our constant improvement.

Due to the overwhelmingly demand of solar systems, it is a common practice to use licensed contractors to carry the jobs. Rest assure that all our installers are well trained and have tremendous experiences in the solar industry. It was indeed our installer’s fault for forgetting to bring along the design plan and this will not happen again. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

As for the certification from VIC, the lead time is 4~8 weeks and it is unfortunately not within our control. We will chase up and get back to you in due course.

Once again, thank you for your business and I am sure that you will get to enjoy the savings from our quality solar package.

Good Sales Service

The sales and quoting process was great. But install could have been a bit better. Show additional information

Electricity produced more than expected

I have got my 10kw system (8kw inverter) installed 2 and half years ago, average daily production now is around 50kwh with much more produced during summertime. I have a swimming pool that uses lots of electricity. The production is even higher than the estimation on the quote, very happy with the service provided. Show additional information

My energy group solar instal

Best price we were quoted, not pushy just friendly and same quality system.
Still too early to comment on performance but service up to installation has been good.

My install

Sales quoting was very good from Reece.
Installer seemed a bit disorganised taking a long time. Thought they would take there rubbish not fill my bin.
They did a great job of install on the roof. It looks great
Grid connections are still to be done

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great company to deal with

Reece, the sales person was responsive and respectful. He didn’t do the standard marketing pitch to try to get me to sign but gave the facts and answered my questions to help me understand more.
The installation went fine and the installers were friendly and approachable.
Office staff were responsive and got back to all of my queries in less than 24 hours.

I have recommended My Energy Group to others.

Work in progress

Installation was slow and not finished yet still waiting on a inverter to be installed . Apart from that I’m very happy with product . Show additional information

My Energy installation review

The only part not ideal was that they were poor at advising dates/planned visits after an initial visit when they said they needed guardrails on the roof. After a couple of weeks they returned and installed it without any guardrails. There was no help in attaching the wifi but a useful website had the steps Show additional information

Painless process

The whole installation was done during lockdown. The sales quoting process was very easy and painless. I had a telephone conversation with Reece Valvo who answered all my questions politely and never had the impression that he was trying to push any specific product; he was giving me the facts and allowing me to make the decision.
The installers were punctual, polite and cleaned after themselves.
I could not have asked or hoped for the process to be easier!

Efficient and Honest

By the way, all three vendors from SolarQuotes who gave me quotes were polite and generous with their advice. They gave consistent advice on inverter and batteries, which gave me peace of mind. They were respectful unlike other vendors and solar quotes provider who chased us day and night trying to make us sign!!

We now recommend our friends and family to use SolarQuotes. The best provider for getting the system you want. We have gone through other similar provider but not as efficient and transparent like SolarQuotes, having to go back and forth for pricing and in the end didn't get what we wanted because they were they one dealing with the vendors, not us.

Great Service, Easy to deal with, quick replies

Great Service, Easy to deal with, quick replies, Any Questions were quickly dealt with, The process was smooth Show additional information

Well done at every stage.

The quotation stage was handled by Chris Lim, he answered all my many many technical questions promptly and the quote was very competitive.
The ordering was easy and everything taken care of. Delivery took a little longer than expected but with COV 19 that was to be expected .
Installation was first class,the installers were very good and nothing was too much trouble for them. My son who has his own electrical contracting firm inspected the work and was very pleased with their workmanship.
System working very well. I could not use the APP as my router is about 35 mtrs from the inverter and hence the signal is not strong enough (the range is about 8 mtrs) I was going to use another router extension via cat5 cable, but I can get most of the data via Electricity supplier sites so most likely will not bother.

Well done to all at My Energy Group.

Stil waiting

Still waiting for install to be done now at 5 weeks since ok Show additional information